All hotels in Berlin, Germany

Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great amenities
    Comfortable
"Spartan, depressing hotel"
Very basic, depressing hotel room. Nothing the least bit cheerful about the room! Large room by European standards, but a huge disappointment. Good size bathroom, but it had an odd smell that I couldn't identify. No tub, or shower stall.....only a shower curtain with a drain in the middle of the floor. Mattresses were uncomfortable/sheets rough and of poor quality. Only thing charming about the hotel, was the small courtyard. We were never invited to use it, and it was kept locked. We were surprised to learn that we had to pay a city tax, but were told we could pay it when checking out. Our room was prepaid. After dinner out, a different hotel clerk insisted that we pay the city tax immediately. Rather than cause a scene, we did so. No in-room safe was provided. We would not stay at this hotel again!
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
Louise
"not a great hotel"
the room was very small with no extras, not a kettle, no accessories. it felt very bare. but it was clean and close to an S Bahn station and to some street-cars that lead to Hackescher Markt, Alexander Platz, Friedrichstrasse and others.
3 night family trip Sep 14, 2015
"Charming hotel conveniently located"
My sisters and I stayed only one night at the hotel and have no complaints. When we arrived, they did not have the correct reservation dates in their computers, but was not a problem at all. The people working at the desk were so nice and they took care of it without any hesitation. The room was so comfortable and charming that I wish we could have stayed longer. The hotel is a short walk to Museum Island, the neighborhood is peaceful and there are a lot of nice places to eat nearby. It was one of our favorite hotels on our trip and we would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Deanna
"Just okay"
The hotel was clean. Decor was very simple. King bed was two rolling twins pushed together, with separate comforters - not very romantic. Our room was street facing and was VERY loud (on the 2nd floor). We could hear every conversation that went on until 3 am (popular neighborhood!). Nice neighborhood, warm heaters and hot water.
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
"Would recommend"
Nice and reasonably priced. Only wish breakfast were included.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Great place!"
After an overnight trip we were praying we would be able to check in early - and this place didn't disappoint! Got there at 10 and they let us into our room without any discussion! Slept for 2 hours then went off to explore. So grateful!
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2014
Excellent! Great value, great location, very pleasant and pretty!
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
NF
"very good location"
Was amazing, by the neighborhood, because is elegante, well localized in the city, with a lot of nice restaurantes and coffees and plenty of art galleries of contemporary art. Cool!
6 night trip Aug 5, 2013
"Quiet hotel in great neighborhood"
The hotel is in a very quiet neighborhood of galleries, cafes and coffee shops. It's convenient to tourist sights such as Museum island and yet feels local, with families riding bikes and people sipping coffee and eating breakfast in the cafes on their way to work.
4 night family trip Jun 15, 2013
"Conveniently located on a quiet street"
While I would rate the breakfast as average and the hallway carpeting as a little embarassing, these are relatively minor issues. This hotel is clean, quaint, quiet, centrally located, has awesome access to public transportation, and I would definitely go back there again. I hope I get the chance. Many good restaurants and bars nearby too. No wifi in the room, but it's nice to sit in the beautiful courtyard while catching up on email etc. The room was very clean and modern, with a firm bed (very much appreciated). Teeny old-fashioned TV, but we didn't travel to Berlin to watch TV anyway so we didn't care about that.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
"Great location."
This hotel is in an excellent location, close to many eateries and hip clubs. it is also very close to S bahn access. while a somewhat sparse room, with poor television reception, the staff were helpful and friendly, and overall this hotel provided great value.
6 night trip Jun 1, 2013
"stay elsewhere"
Hotel rate too high for what you get. Location very good close to most major sites and transportation. Rooms shabby and worn. Carpets need to be redone. Staff very rude and unhelpful. Would not stay at this hotel again.
Other trip May 21, 2013
j and j

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Great location with friendly and informative staff. Clean rooms with good showers. We had a great time and will be returning nearer Christmas.
4 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Juliet
Beautiful hotel lovely staff. Highly recommended!!!
1 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
"Recommended - clean rooms & great location"
Hotel was great. REally good location, with lots of nice bars and restuarants within easy walking. Easy access to the S-bahn, one stop from Freidrichstrasse station. Room was very comfortable and generous on size for a single room - the bed was much bigger than a normal 'single'. Bathroom had all amenities, and shower was good. Only problem with hotel was the fresh laundry being delivered at 2am each morning, which made a dreadful noise that travelled up the stairwell, since there are hardfloors throughout the hotel (i.e. no carpet to dull the noise of the trolley carrying the laundry). Would definitely recommend if you need a comfortable and clean place to rest your head, but don't need all the frills of a luxury hotel.
2 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
Catherine
"Perfect location!"
Mitte is a great area with lots of interesting bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk from the hotel. Also, the U-Bahn and S-Bahn are only a few minutes walk away so it is easy to access all the sights of Berlin. The hotel room and bathroom was very large, clean and comfortable. We didn't have breakfast there as there was a good cafe bar across the road which did very good breakfasts at a reasonable price (Keyser Soze)
5 night romance trip May 13, 2015
M.A
"Great location for museums"
I have stayed here four times and don't look for anywhere else.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Sam
"Last minute hotel search with excellent experience"
nothing to complain, all was perfect
1 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
Walter
"Location, location, location"
I spent the most delightful weekend at hotel Augustinenhof. From check in to check out, the experience was amazing. The staff go out of their way for you, offering advice and even held my bag on my last day so that I could spend the last few hours enjoying Berlin, without dragging my luggage around. The room was spotlessly clean, TV with some English news channels, mini bar and free WiFi. It's also on a beautiful street full of art galleries and designer boutiques. There are cafes, bars and restaurants within a minutes walking distance in every direction. Oranienstrasse ubahn is five minutes walk and Museum Island approximately 10 minutes. Berlin was amazing. I will return next year and will stay at this hotel.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Nice hotel on Augustrasse, Berlin."
Nice hotel on Augustrasse - great location, clean room and comfy bed but unfortunately has no air con or enough fans for every room so quite uncomfortable if the weather is very hot.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Debbie
"Hotel Augustinenhof"
This hotel was quite good and provided a good place to stay for my short stay. The hotel is in a great location near to the U-Bahn and also in an area with many restaurants, bars, and shops. The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable an had a very good WiFi connection. I would recommend this hotel for a stay in Berlin.
2 night trip Apr 29, 2014
"Nice clean hotel"
No bells and whistles but a very competent hotel that ticks all the boxes. Ok size room but I did pay extra for a double room for single occupancy. The single rooms just have a bed on a wall in the room. I would stay again. Hotel charges you extra on top of booking for city tax, not something I've ever seen in Berlin before as the price you see is normally the price you pay. I came on business which is exempt from city tax so if you are on business and you tell them/prove it then you won't have to pay it.
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2014
Joe Mc
"Nice hotel close to a U Bahn station."
The facilities are very good, you can bring food in and cook which ia very good for those wanting to save on restaurants and the like, the cleanliness was good as well but the internet signal was very weak or non existent at times. We reported that to the reception but it had not been fixed till the end of our stay there. We never used the internet while at the hotel. Staff were very polite and spoke English.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Berlin Pre 50th Birthday 'me time'."
This is a curiously placed hotel set off a Berlin side street. Upon arrival, it took a couple of minutes to realise that there isn't actually a front entrance, but instead is set into the side of one of two buildings. Although Friedrichstrasse is but a stone's throw away, this is remarkably quiet at night and the only noise is the occasional bypasser. My second shock was to find out - upon arrival - that Berlin is now imposing a 2 Euro per night "private guest tax". This cost me 6 Euros over a 3-night stay. Expedia did not inform me of this before departure and I tried in vain to get further information. None was available. My guess is that I was either being scammed or it is being phased in on 'hushed' tones. Not happy. My room was uncomfortably cool and I asked twice for an extra quilt - using my very best German - only for my request to be met with puzzlement. There were no tea or coffee making facilities in my room and the lighting was quite poor when I wanted to read my books. Downstairs in reception there were also no drinks facilities and the female receptionist seemed more engrossed in her latest book than she was interested in my requests as a guest. The restaurant next door was charging 11 Euros for a breakfast !!
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
Kitt
"Great value"
We often stay here when we visit Berlin. The rooms are big and perfectly clean, and the location is excellent - plenty of great bars and restaurants around. We've never had breakfast so can't vouch for that.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
BC
"Pleasant hotel in an excellent location."
This was my first visit to Berlin and it turned out to be a very enjoyable and interesting one. I was very pleased with my choice of hotel as I had no idea it would turn out to be so well located for visiting Berlin's main attractions. Fixtures and fittings were fairly basic but clean and comfortable. The restaurant was a bonus providing an excellent breakfast and other meals if required. The area was fairly quiet and my friend and I had no worries about walking there at night.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Maureen
"Relaxing base for a busy city break."
We feel totally relaxed in this hotel which is what we need as we fit in a lot of sightseeing in Berlin. My daughter and I felt safe walking in this area late in the evening.we have stayed three times and hope to return in the future
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
"I would definitely go again"
Very convenient location, good basic amenities, the 24 concierge service was useful.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Great Location for all the sights"
Great Location for all the sights in a quiet neighbourhood. Clean room though it was a bit small.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Review of Hotel Augustinen"
I arrived at the hotel and checked in in and given a key to my assigned room. Opening pf the door took some getting used to, but was eventually managed. Used the business internet room to deal with a few issues that came up and took note on the brochures on offer at reception.
Other trip Jun 27, 2013
"Conveniently located hotel"
This is nice little hotel on a quiet street very close to Museum Island and the start of walking tours. Breakfast in the Italian restaurant next door is not bad value at €6.25 per person. The one downside is the 'free' internet - the system logs you out every couple of minutes, which is very frustrating. It's also pretty slow. Also, while staff tried to be helpful about tours, they obviously had very little knowledge about them.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
"Awesome Experience"
Very convenient location. They had a shuttle running every ten minutes so it was extremely easy to get to and from places. Staff were uber friendly and polite. They couldn't do enough for us. Overall an awesome experience and I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip May 10, 2013
Teresa

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Traveling through Berlin meeting friends"
A short but good stay. Met longtime friends which ment not spending to much time in the room. Great memories.
1 night trip with friends Mar 23, 2016
Pål Vidar
"Bra cnetralt beläget hotell i Mitte"
Bra beläget hotell i gammal fin byggnad i Mitte, nära Friedrichstrasse. Stort fint rum - t.o.m en svit - inrett i 50-talsstuk. Skön säng. OK badrum.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2016
SE
"Super beliggenhed i roligt kvarter"
Dejligt roligt værelse mod stille gård. U-bahn og flere morgenmadscafeer lige rundt om hjørnet. Rigtig godt udgangspunkt for seværdigheder i den østlige ende af Berlin. Vi ville gerne have haft kaffe- og tefaciliteter på værelset.
4 night romance trip Jan 28, 2016
Hanne
DK
"Gemütliche und große Zimmer"
Das Zimmer hatte zu unserer großen Überraschung zwei Teile, einen Eingangsbereich mit Sofa, der von einer halbhohen Wand vom Schlafbereich getrennt war. Das Personal war freundlich und an Sauberkeit nichts zu beklagen. Wären gerne länger geblieben.
1 night trip with friends Dec 18, 2015
"Hotelli hyvällä paikalla"
Tein lyhyen matkan Berliiniin. Hotelli on lähellä kiinnostavia paikkoja: museosaari, Alexanderplatz ym. Lähellä myös s- ja u-bahn-asemat.
2 night trip Dec 12, 2015
Jaana
FI
"Proper, freundlich, unschlagbare Lage"
Sehr gut gelegen, grosszügige, funktionale Zimmer, freundliche Atmosphäre. Genauso verlässliche Adresse wie das Schwesterhotel Albrechtshof an der Friedrichstrasse.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2015
Juliane
"Bardzo przyzwoity hotel."
W swojej cenie hotel bardzo przyzwoity. Bez negatywnych uwag.
1 night business trip Oct 31, 2015
Tomasz
PL
"Mycket bra."
Bra rum. Trevlig personal. Promenadavstånd till det mesta. Trevliga restauranger i närheten. Åker man till Berlin kan man inte bo bättre till. Enda minuset är att det inte finns bäddmadrasser i sängarna. Bra frukost som betalas på plats. Tänker bo här igen.
3 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
SE
"Für eine Nacht ganz gut, aber nicht für länger"
Da erwarte ich für ein so hoch bewertetes Haus ein wenig mehr Komfort und Ausstattung. Lieblos gestaltetes Zimmer.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
DE
"Zentral gelegenes Hotel mit Athmosphäre"
Gute Restaurants in der direkten Umgebung. Angesagtes Stadtviertel.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
JuBu
DE
"Gutens Hotel in guter Lage"
Schönes Hotel im Berliner Altbaustil. Zimmergröße und Bad gut, nur der TV ist zu klein und sehr veraltet. Checkin usw.. alles Problemlos. Nettes Personal. Das die Sauna nochmals extra bezahlt werden soll ist nicht so schön
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2015
DE
"Gute, zentrale und doch ruhige Lage in Berlin-Mitt"
Ein sehr angehehmes Haus, sehr gutes Frühstück, Flure nicht ganz so schön, großzügige Zimmer.
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
"Berlinkänsla"
Lagom litet hotell med knarrande golv i trevlig omgivning.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2015
SE
Sehr freundlicher Empfang ( Frau v. Ketteler) Allerdings: morgendlicher Lärm durch personen die sich im Hof lautstark ab 7h unterhielten und Lärm durch Zimnerservice auf dem Flur
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Gute Lage in der City"
Sehr sauber, sehr professionelles Personal. Einzig der Lärm aus dem Innenhof in der Nacht störte etwas.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Gonzo
DE
"Very nice stay , we are ready to come back"
Very pleasant stay,very clean and quiet hotel,perfect location ( major touristic attractions within walking distance, lot of restaurants and bars in the area), several U or S stations near to the hotel.We will come back.
5 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
Marc
FR
"Helg i Berlin"
Välbeläget hotell i lugnt och trevlig område. Trevlig och hjälpsam personal. Själva hotellet är prydligt men väldigt opersonligt. Rummet var ganska varmt men det gick bra att sova ned öppet fönster. Kanske för varmt en het sommardag. Frukosten som kunde bokas på var inte toppen, vissa saker var slut. Ät hellre frukosten på ett av de många ställena i närheten.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
Karin
SE
"Très bon rapport qualité prix"
Pour 4 jours de tourisme à Berlin, cet hôtel est tout à fait correct. Nous avions demandé 2 chambres dont une triple...et là bonne surprise..il y avait une chambre avec un lit double séparé du lit simple par cloison. un genre de petite suite forte agréable, avec un vrai lit une personne ( et non pas un clic clac ou canapé lit d'appoint comme c'est souvent le cas). Malheureusement, seul bémol et c'est fort dommage, un accueil désastreux de la part d'une des employées. Nous avons même été obligé d'en faire part à la Direction. ( ce qui n'est vraiment pas dans nos habitudes). En tous les cas, si vous avez la chance de ne pas tomber sur elle, nous recommandons vivement cet hôtel très propre, calme et bien placé dans Mitte.
4 night family trip May 7, 2015