All hotels in Aiken, South Carolina, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Service is poor
    Dirty
"night with friends"
it was ok for our girls night
1 night trip with friends Oct 22, 2015
"Quick Stay"
This was a great stay for one night.
1 night trip May 2, 2015
"a real nasty place"
just overall a real nasty place
1 night trip Mar 13, 2015
nicholas
"Horrible"
The desk clerk was extremely rude when we checked in. We couldn't get any sleep due to yelling and doors slamming in the parking lot. We moved down the road to the Days Inn for the rest of our stay.
2 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Everything was great except our toilet seat was cracked and asked twice to have it repaired and it never go repaired
3 night family trip May 22, 2014
Wendy Weedon
"nasty"
Everything was just terrible.
1 night business trip May 11, 2014
Terrence
"Specific rates"
Quality of service
2 night business trip Apr 22, 2014
bob
"Not at all what was in pictures"
The hotel was in a broken down condition. Front of hotel carport appeared to have collapsed or been hit by something. The room appeared in order but that was deceiving, and soon dispelled. Tried to turn light on not working, tried TV not working, went into bathroom light worked but towels had stains of yellow and brown. Went to see manager who said"they were clean just stained". Asked for some without stains, he asked me follow him to an empty room. Im female,no way Breakfast cereal no milk. Not good. I and my 76yr old mom got in so late at 930pm she couldnt go out again.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
"HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HORRIBLE ROOMS"
My family had to come to this hotel during a winter/ice storm here in Carolina I booked 3 rooms on this website and when I got to hotel and the customer service was horrible. The lady literally argued with me stating that they don't have the booking confirmation and that they cannot hold rooms. I was finally able to get the rooms and the rooms stunk so bad, they were not clean, cable went out at 12:30 AM, and my room had no heat. I then tried to call Hotels.com to advise them of this information and was on hold for about 38 minutes I finally hung up with no resolution. I will never use this site again or stay at the hotel. I am so disgusted.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2014
Felica B
"Nasty, disgusting, and horrible"
Booked during ice storm and when checking in the front desk lady argued with me for ten minutes about the fact I paid on line didn't matter! That it was first come first serve. Room stunk so bad, very unclean, no heat, no cable after two AM! Then when I tried to call booking and complain an hour on hold waiting for CSR, I finally hung up! Will never use this location again nor this booking website.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2014
"Truck stop hotel"
It was fair...not the cleanest hotel. Its located behind a gas station right off the highway. Nothing is around this area other than woods. The staff I encountered was pleasant and friendly, and willing to help if needed.
2 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2013
KC
"Good pick to watch the Masters"
The hotel was a short distance to the Masters and was a reasonable price, I had no problems with the reservation.
1 night trip Apr 8, 2013
1 night trip May 29, 2013
2 night trip with friends Apr 9, 2013
Barry

TripAdvisor reviews for GuestHouse International Inn Aiken

"Poor Customer Service Ever!!"
07/19/13 Le'Peaches N Columbia, South Carolina, United States
My kids grandfather got a room for my mama and my children to enjoy the pool because it was very hot... when my children and I approached the pool, the manager came out with an attitude and asked what room we came out of, and I told him, he then told me that my kids and I couldn't get in the pool because we were guest of their guest. When I got back in the room and reported what the manger told me about us being able to get in the pool, he got real nasty and rude with my mother and hung in her face, not once but twice.. The customer service there is very poor and I would not recommend it for anyone to enjoy themselves at their (guesthouse) expense. The small pool that was there was filled with bugs and straw an other things on the floor. I wouldn't want to deal with anyone's attitude, especially when your running a motel that you would want people to come back to and you think its ok to talk to anyone any kind of way. Just poor customer service and too much attitudes to deal with.
"NO NO NO NO!!!!!"
10/22/12 duckhunter29871 Charlotte, North Carolina
First off, I was told the I could bring my dog, and the total for one night would be $47. WHAT A DEAL. When I arrived, I was charges $60. What ever. No big deal. The room smelled like a dirty ashtray. I've stayed in rooms that have been smoked in before, but this was horrible. IF you ever think of staying here, make sure you ask for a non-smoking room. I am not sure about the dry brown stuff on the bathroom door, but it looking liked it had dripped down the front and back of the door, and there was hair stuck to it too. I stayed in the back of the Hotel, and it looked like there was an older building that used to be part of the hotel. There was a silver Dodge Charger that would cruise back and forth with it lights off, and park in front of the older hotel. I could not tell what he was up to, but I think he was using the other old hotel for something. It was not something I wanted to find out. I am just glad I had a large dog, and brought a fire arm. I wanted to talk to the staff about this, but they really did not look like they would care. When I went to check out in the morning, the guy at the from desk was pretty put out by having to run my card. I left happy to be out of that place.
"Great Cheap Hotel"
05/23/12 cbpilotcars
Huge Hotel with pool and $40.00 rooms very quiet average room but clean hotel needs front appearance lift. Inside court area nice. Nice staff it's sold holiday inn I believe. Would stay again great value.
"Do NOT stay here, even if it is the last room in the South Carolina!!"
04/09/12 hawaiiluver hawaiiluver
You will note there were several other people who had reservation issues and couldn't get a resolution. I am one of those! I actually ended up with 2 different reservations and my Travel Agency and I have tried since March 6th to get a resolution. Naturally we only needed one reservation, but ended up with two. Yea, right...the front desk clerk said "no problem to change the reservation to only 2 nights...which is how we ended up with 2 reservations - one for 2 nights and one for 3 nights. We have contacted the hotel and Guesthouse International and to date no resolution. We tried to resolve this in-person during the Masters 2012 week and ended up leaving. We simply could not and would not stay at a hotel that is being managed/owed by such dishonest people. In addition, the lobby (where one would think would look half-way presentable) was horrible and smelled bad. Believe everyone of these reviews...I wish I had... 2 reservations, didn't stay any nights, out over $700...shameful...
"Forgetaboutit!"
04/02/12 priker Bluffton, South Carolina
We stayed here 1 night during 2012 Masters week (Augusta is 22 miles). What a dump. First of all, with hotel rooms running at a premium, this is the last place to expect upgraded rates ($150 for 2 dbl beds --normal is $40) but they didn't disappoint us. Has that odor of cleaning products similar to those found in a large country in southern Asia. Paint was flaking off the walls in our room. The advertised pool (today it was 90 deg) was still in it's winter mode --covered and unkempt. Can't claim false advertising here! I would not recommend this to an enemy!
"Bugs"
10/30/11 Ken B North Augusta, South Carolina, United States
Went there for a party on Halloween. Finally went to room at 2:00 am....Bugs all over and toilet would not flush. We did not stay..packed our bags and drove back home. Talked to desk and they were not interested in a complaint....Don't waste your money
"Unacceptable"
08/27/11 Lana7777
Nothing good to say. Nothing worked. Dirty. Rude.
"Would only suggest for single males or groups for a single night."
09/07/10 TrvlKiwi San Diego, California
The hotel is under new management and in the process of being renovated. The room we had was typical economy. No worse and definately worth the price. There was a fridge and a microwave, which was very convient. The bed was comfortable and as clean as I ever trust hotel beds to be. There were very few guests besides us, so things were quiet. But betwwen the lack of other guests, the relative seclusion on the hotel, and the ghost towny look of the back unattached part of the hotel, (they haven't don't renovations on it yet) I strongly doubt that I would have stayed there if I were traveling alone. The gas station in front of the hotel didn't bring in the best crowd either. The locations is good if you need access to I-20 in a hurry. Other than that, downtown aiken is a 20 minute drive. There's a waffle house within walking distance and a Subway attached to the other gas station across the road. The hotel pool and free breakfast hours are pecular. The pool is opened from noon to 9 pm. Why noon? Its not like there was a lifeguard to work around. I don't see any other logical reason to prohibit someone their morning swim. The free breakfast consisted of milk, orange juice, coffee, frosted flakes, raisin bran, and what looked like poppy seed muffins. They closed the breakfast at 9 am and had very strict rules about not bringing any food back to the room. I'm sure there are some early bird travelers out there, but I think for most of us, closing the breakfast before 9 am is too early. The only thing that really irratated me was the room cleaning service. We stayed there 5 nights and the room was only cleaned twice. Granted they did knock two other times at an ungodly early hour, but appearantly this was the only round they made. If you want the room cleaned later you're SOL, no matter how long you leave the sign on the door for the room to be cleaned. I find this to be unacceptable, because there were so few other guests and so little other stuff for the staff to do. So, I would only suggest this hotel to single males or groups that wanted to stay in a quiet place near I-20 for 1 night.
"NO GOOD"
07/06/09 Ericjamesmom Florida
Don't wast youre time Front desk help horable Mgr no help. We got the run around whene trying to cancle because we cfouldent find the place. We found the hotel and it looked nothing like the web site said. WE CHECKED IN an CHECKED OUT 20min lader and still trying to get a Refund.
"Don't stay here!!!"
08/16/07 tigertale Clemson
Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere. Rooms are thread-bare and they are very stingy with the towels. We only stayed here because there were no rooms left in town for the soccer tournament. Our credit card was charged for rooms we cancelled with their front desk clerk (with her permission) almost three weeks after the fact. They said nothing to us at check-in about this.