All hotels in Guerneville, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here14880 River Rd, Guerneville, CA, 95446, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Just passing through"
Super comfy bed, fresh paint, updated fixtures, very nice accommodations. I will definitely be back!!
1 night trip Apr 27, 2015
"Excellent place to stay near all the vineyards!"
Very clean, cute and charming!
4 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
"cosy cottages"
We only stayed one night in this very cute cottages. The court yard is beautifully done. the service friendly. In the evening we had a campfire. the cottage are very clean and have a nice decor ( no carpet!). Good breakfast. The only down part it is close of a pretty busy street and no water access or view to the river. the nearby town offers good cafes and restaurants. It is close to a state park for hiking.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
Katharina
"Best kept secret hideaway! (not for long)"
What an adorable place! More amenities than you can count. Super friendly staff. Delicious breakfast, fresh juices and organic coffees. Outdoor fire area that they start up for you every night with Smore fixin's. Very dog friendly. Portable DVD players and movies. The grounds are beautiful. Rooms really clean and newly remodeled. And, I won't give away everything, but there is a little bedside surprise next to every bed! Go see for yourself. Can't wait to go back!!
2 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
Dianna
"Lovely cottage perfect for our family vacation"
The cottages are situated in an oval around pretty landscaping, a community fire pit, and a pool. The enclosed courtyard was perfect for my daughter to safely play, and there were other kids around for her to play with. The complimentary smores around the fire pit every evening were a nice touch. And then it quieted down by 8pm which was perfect. I was sad the pool wasn't open yet but I guess March is a bit early for swimming. Luckily, the sun was out and we had fun at the river and hiking at the Armstrong redwoods. The cottages are not walking distance to downtown, or the park, or the river which was a bummer, but everything was just a 5 minute drive away. Our cottage had 2 bedrooms with really comfortable beds, and there was a living room, kitchenette, bathroom, and porch. It was clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was great. Overall, it's a really nice place for a family to stay.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"Romantic getaway"
A great place to make memories
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Eamonn
"This place is AMAZING!!!!"
We were delighted to find that not only was this wonderful cottage more than we hoped for, but that it was right down the road, withing walking distance from our cottage was the Stumptown Brewery... Our stay here was far above what we hoped for...it was so very relaxing and amazing!! The staff is so far above average...cuddos to all of you! We love you all at Cottages on River Rd. A big "hi" to Frank the cat!
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
"Really good experience"
It was a really good night to stay in cottage on river road. Manager was really nice and guide us to the hotel environment. Room is so comfort for family, friends, and small group of people to stay. I will recommend people who visit around to stay here for their nights.
1 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2015
"Excellent!"
Was pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere of the whole property and accomodations. Had a family owned feel and the privacy of a private cottage! Great breakfast and late night fires woth smores!
2 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Ashli
"Great plaace to stay"
Hard time finding the facility it was very dark from the road. But once we checked in the room was very clean and comfortable. The inside patio area was very clean and neat for sitting and enjoying the late afternoon around a fire pit.
1 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
hubert
"Perfect little "village" in the woods."
Upon arrival the lobby was warm, and perfectly lit like a cabin in the woods. That was good because it was cold outside. The attendant was away and there was a sign stating target had just stepped away, so no biggie. There was infused water I the lobby and fresh fruit by its side. Movies to "rent" if you didn't bring any entertainment. A quaint little pit stop if you are wine tasting or kayaking through the river! The room was small, but it was a studio...kinda what you expect. It was very clean upon arrival. You can tell it was an old structure that was remodeled but for being clean and freshly pained and nicely decorated, it was perfect. They allow pets and its a $25 fee, purrrrrfect! The Staff was very friendly. Everyone I encounterred was pleasant, had opinions about restraints, and suggestions on things to do! Book here, it may be away from Healdsburg or Napa or some of the wineries, but you will have a good time here!
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Pleasant Surprise!"
What a special place to stay. Our cottage was perfect...clean cozy and very cute! Since we booked this place online it was hard to see from the pictures just how nice it was going to be. What a pleasant surprise! The grounds are beautiful. After dinner we came back to a warm bonfire and even a smores cart. Can't get any better than that! Definitely a place to come back and visit again!
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Nichole
"Very Comfortable"
Great get away, Room was nice, heating was either on or off no thermostat, flashlight provided for nightly walk to fire pit was thoughtful. Close to town(long walk, short drive). Staff fantastic!
4 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Greg
"great family getaway"
We went in the dead of winter, less things to do but still a great place to stay. Very cozy and clean with very nice staff. Loved the extras such as the bbqpit and smores.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
snoopdocc
"Will definitely stay there again!"
I love this little place! I was PERFECT! Great amenities for a cottage and extremely friendly staff. It was also a really great location, right across from Stumptown Brewery and a short drive into Guerneville.
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Wine Cottage"
Great deal on a beautiful cottage in a beautiful setting.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Matthew
"Roadtrip Getaway"
Got lucky and made last minute reservations at this place. Friendly staff and clean, comfy cottages. Conveniently located across the street from Stumptown Brewery. Will def visit again!
1 night trip Dec 30, 2014
Whitney
Extremely friendly staff. Thank you Deann, Suzie and Gwen!! We would love to return. The fire pit, s'mores, breakfast and Frank (the cat) was wonderful.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
corey
"Comfy, Clean & Cozy!"
Booked here for a short getaway. The weekend we chose turned out to be the rainiest one, but the area is beautiful even raining buckets. We were greeted warmly & our Studio Queen was cozy, clean and comfortable. Bathroom is huge. On non-rainy evenings..the firepit is lit in the communal courtyard and all the fixins for s'mores are avail. The resident cat-Frank-paid a visit and took a nap in our room for a little while. Cutest thing ever. Loved our stay, loved exploring the colorful downtown and enjoyed their annual Parade of Lights Holiday parade. Rain or Shine, we'll return & stay at The Cottages.
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"Wonderful weekend."
Such a wonderful stay to a place I've never been before. I'll be back for sure. With friends and theirs wives.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
Samuel
We stayed in a studio cottage. Pretty and comfy. They have some nice extras (campfire in the evenings, laundry on site). And of course the area is gorgeous. Note: If you're staying in a studio (where they have a fridge and microwave), remember to bring your own dishes!
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Wonderful!"
I arrived late because I was driving; the groundskeeper greeted me. He helped bring my luggage in. I stayed in the studio. It was wonderful. The room was heated in anticipation of my arrival. the bed was clean, the decorations were modern. I had a tub and a shower. The place was eco-friendly and beautiful. I wish I could have stayed here longer.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Luisa
"A perfect restful getaway. . .nice stay!"
I had stayed in Guerneville twice before but never in the Cottages. . .and I'm so glad I gave it shot! I arrived in the evening about 8 p.m. after a long day of traveling from the Arcata area. It was easy to find. . .being situated right on the main highway leading into Guerneville. The owner was on duty, a wonderfully nice lady (Pam?) who proved extremely pleasant and accommodating. The single cabin was nice. . .just what I needed. . .fridge, microwave, comfy queen bed, heater that made everything warm in seconds as there was a little chill in the air. Also, there was a community fireplace that burned until 10 p.m. . .a nice inviting touch. Anyway, I left to try to find something to eat. . .good luck after 7 as even Subway closes down. I ended going to Safeway and buying a nasty sandwich and some chips. Anyway, the Cottages were even lovelier the next day. . .nice grounds, beautiful leaves and trees. . .and a pool that would be wonderful for a summer trip. My only minor complaint is that the lighting in the bathroom is not good. An extra light above the sink would be great, but it's manageable. Everything else was great. . .even the continental breakfast in the lobby, a nice array of coffee, juice, pastries, fruit. And the lobby is decorated very nicely. The cabins are neat, a little "homespun" for my taste. . .but if that's my criticism (along with the bathroom lighting) then this is the place to be! I'll be back!!
1 night trip Nov 9, 2014
Delmas
"Lovely people, lovely rooms near the Russian River"
Friendly staff greeted us long after their usual closing time. Cottage was large, comfortable, easily accommodated our group. Breakfast was pleasant, and the area was lovely. I would definitely stay again - it is especially good for a group.
J
"Romantic Get-Away!"
My husband and I were touring the wine country and we decided - last minute - to stop in this little town. We picked the Cottages because the price suited our budget. When we arrived, we were blown away! The grounds are gorgeous and tucked away into the hillside with flowers and towering trees. The receptionist was very sweet, provided organic teas and showed us to our queen economy suite. It was perfect! Cozy and warm and the place was equipped with wine glasses and a bottle opener, a bag of microwave popcorn and a Keurig machine in the room. On top of that, the hosts a smore-making event nightly by the open campfire. While we had plans to go out in the town, we had such a great time listening to music, sipping wine and toasting marshmallows by the fire with the other guests that we never left! The next morning we were only about 12 minutes from the Redwood forest were we were able to hike. This was the perfect hotel. I am so glad that we happened upon it and it will be our go-to place in the future.
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
Jamie
"Very cute and clean. Great location!"
We really enjoyed our little cottage. It has all the modern amenities in a cottage-style environment. The grounds are well manicured and there is even a resident cat (super friendly and fat) that greets all the guests. I would love to stay here again if I'm ever in the area.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
Angelica
"Cute Cottage for Couples to get Cozy"
Had a nice overnight get-away at these cottages. The cottages were clean and well taken care of. We got in a little late and the front desk person was great and gave us a quick tour. They have a fire pit and a Smore's bar to keep you toasty at night. The heaters in the cottages work great as it can get a little chilly in this part of the bay. Would stay again
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
Denali
clean and nice location good night sleep
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"RELAXING GETAWAY"
If you are looking for a quiet relaxing vacation this is the perfect place to stay. I enjoyed myself.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Cozy, Comfortable, Clean"
Very nice! Cozy! Great staff!
1 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
"You Rock !"
Great ! All good. Clean, Friendly, Tasty morning fresh fruits, pastries and coffee. Beautiful setting among Redwoods with evening fire pit adding to all together nice expierence! They even found and returned via mail wifes glasses after we somehow misplaced them.! Thanks !
2 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
GREG
"Super cozy and friendly staff"
I like the tucked away concept of the location and the cozy feel of cottages nestled off the Russian river between mountains. The community fire pit can be loud if you are staying near it like we did. There was also a crazy guy in the middle of the night chanting wildly at the top of his lungs so its possible you get a mix of quiet travelers to drug induced crazies on a self diacovery journey. Nonetheless a charming place and I'd definitely come back. Rooms were smallish but nice.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Dave t
"Hidden gem close to redwoods and wineries"
The highway frontage is underwhelming but once you see the interior courtyard you will be overwhelmed. The nightly fireside smores (provided by the hotel) and chats with fellow travelers made it a great experience.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Don
"Friendly staff, attention to detail"
We were very pleased with our accommodation even though we had one of the smallest units. Loved the little touches like S-mores and campfire in the evening and high quality Continental breakfast. Fresh juice and coffee were always available. Close to hiking at Armstrong redwoods State Park. Very friendly staff. Not real close to wineries but scenic( although windy) roads to get to them.
3 night family trip Sep 15, 2014
Darby McGuigan
"Another fine stay at a favorite place"
We're repeat guests. The amenities are great, the service attentive. Location just outside downtown Guerneville.
2 night trip with friends Sep 16, 2014
Kevin B
Enjoyed our stay. We were kind of celebrating our 50th, which had been a couple of weeks prior. Only bad thing was there not being a closet to hang our clothes in, otherwise enjoyed our stay
2 night romance trip Sep 7, 2014
Beverly McCoy
"Great Spot at the Russian River!"
We loved the Cottages. We had exceptional service, especially from DeeAnn at the front desk, loved the s'mores and campfire, had a wonderful room that was both spotless and well-appointed, and enjoyed the daily breakfast which consisted of pastries & bagels, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, a selection of fruits and juices and coffee. There were DVD's to borrow and great information available about local activities and restaurants. We happened to hit Gueneville's 1st Friday Art Walk and it was great. Highly recommend this spot!
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"An Oasis on the Russian River"
I hate to do this but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Cottages on the River. the staff is great and the breakfast is pretty good for an advertised continental breakfast. The location is within 20 minutes of Occidental and Graton and Korbel is just down the road. The rooms are well equipped and the grounds are kept up nicely. The only downside is you get some road noise which may be more persistent on the weekends. You can also arrange massages on the premises which is a nice bonus.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
steve k
We were in the two bedroom unit. Unit very clean and comfortable. Would have enjoyed it more with a larger living space but we had a comfortable stay and the grounds were lovely and area well maintained
3 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Kathy Blundell
"Perfect California escape!"
The staff here is friendly, generous, and knowledgable. Cottages are clean, cozy, and most of them are private without being isolated. The location is what really did it for us - 30-40 minute drive to dozens of wineries, the heart of wine country, a redwood state park, and the ocean. Incredible views, friendly city, and amazing food. It has my highest recommendation!
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Kelsey
"Quaint Setting"
enjoyed our stay, beautiful garden area. Rooms and bed are comfortable enough. Would definitely recommend to others.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2014
"Not what we expected."
This facility is very charming for the most part. The cottages are clean as is the office and grounds. They seem well cared for and the grounds are beautiful with nice landscaping and beautiful potted plants. The complementary breakfast was adequate. However----the cottage I rented was not at all what I expected. It was advertised as a queen studio, which I interpreted to mean a small room with a queen bed and attached bathroom. It was a small room - in a converted shed of the kind you would purchased from a big box home improvement store such as Home Depot. You entered through a French door, but it had no window or anything to bring in fresh air in the bedroom. The bathroom was large with a huge tub, shower, and a lavatory and sink. There was a window in the bathroom. When we arrived, we noticed a musty, mildew smell, but it was not too bad because the bathroom door was closed, the bathroom window open and a plug-in air freshener was in the bathroom. That night when we went to bed, however, it became overpowering and we ended up having to leave the French door ajar which was a security concern and closing the bathroom door so we could sleep. We mentioned the problem to the owner/manager the next morning and no offer was made to refund our money. I would not stay in that particular room again with it's problems. I have no idea what the condition of the other cottages were.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
A. Wood
the room was very charming and comfortable........felt like being in a home instead of a hotel room. thought it would be a little closer to walking distance river access but had a great time viewing Armstrong Grove close by. This is an excellent place to stay.
"I'll be back"
A really lovely location and facility. The room had ref, MW, good beds and very clean. I liked the pool, the grounds were well maintained and the staff very helpful. I enjoyed the evening get together, the breakfast was great and the little town interesting. This was a working overnight vacation, I needed to get away to a quiet, comfortable spot to finish an online project and this was the perfect place for that. I look forward to coming back when I can spend more time.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
Traveler
Very nice, thanks for the upgrade for my fiancée's birthday. You made it special.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Very quaint!"
The place doesn't look like much from the street. Once entering through the office into the courtyard you enter the enclosed courtyard that contains all the cabins. You have to park outside the enclosure and enter through a locked gate. The office manager was excellent and very helpful. The continental breakfast was very well presented. There was a nice pool, but the weather when we were there was too cold to utilize. There is a nice brewery and pub across the street that has a deck overlooking the Russian River. A mile down the road is the Korbel Winery. There is a campfire in the evening for anyone wanting to make smores. Overall a very pleasant, rustic place to stay.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"A perfect gem by the Russian River"
We thought Cottages on River Road was absolutely superb. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The grounds and garden are beautifully kept and the cottage was nicely furnished and spotlessly clean. We would return in a heartbeat!
2 night trip May 28, 2014
Janice
"Excellent Service"
DeeAnn and the rest of the staff at the Cottages are super helpful and sweet. They take the upkeep and cleanliness of the property very seriously and the beautiful central garden is lovely and an oasis. The location is right on the main road so very convenient but light sleepers may want to be as far from the road noise as possible.
3 night trip May 23, 2014
"Nice hideaway"
Well kept up and great staff! Close to Redwoods and a easy drive to the coast. Enjoyed our stay!
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Very nice"
Very nice, helpful staff, phone in room would be nice.
Other trip May 19, 2014