All hotels in Guerneville, California, United States of America
14880 River Rd, Guerneville, CA, 95446, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Wonderful!"
I arrived late because I was driving; the groundskeeper greeted me. He helped bring my luggage in. I stayed in the studio. It was wonderful. The room was heated in anticipation of my arrival. the bed was clean, the decorations were modern. I had a tub and a shower. The place was eco-friendly and beautiful. I wish I could have stayed here longer.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Luisa
"A perfect restful getaway. . .nice stay!"
I had stayed in Guerneville twice before but never in the Cottages. . .and I'm so glad I gave it shot! I arrived in the evening about 8 p.m. after a long day of traveling from the Arcata area. It was easy to find. . .being situated right on the main highway leading into Guerneville. The owner was on duty, a wonderfully nice lady (Pam?) who proved extremely pleasant and accommodating. The single cabin was nice. . .just what I needed. . .fridge, microwave, comfy queen bed, heater that made everything warm in seconds as there was a little chill in the air. Also, there was a community fireplace that burned until 10 p.m. . .a nice inviting touch. Anyway, I left to try to find something to eat. . .good luck after 7 as even Subway closes down. I ended going to Safeway and buying a nasty sandwich and some chips. Anyway, the Cottages were even lovelier the next day. . .nice grounds, beautiful leaves and trees. . .and a pool that would be wonderful for a summer trip. My only minor complaint is that the lighting in the bathroom is not good. An extra light above the sink would be great, but it's manageable. Everything else was great. . .even the continental breakfast in the lobby, a nice array of coffee, juice, pastries, fruit. And the lobby is decorated very nicely. The cabins are neat, a little "homespun" for my taste. . .but if that's my criticism (along with the bathroom lighting) then this is the place to be! I'll be back!!
1 night trip Nov 9, 2014
Delmas
"Lovely people, lovely rooms near the Russian River"
Friendly staff greeted us long after their usual closing time. Cottage was large, comfortable, easily accommodated our group. Breakfast was pleasant, and the area was lovely. I would definitely stay again - it is especially good for a group.
J
"Romantic Get-Away!"
My husband and I were touring the wine country and we decided - last minute - to stop in this little town. We picked the Cottages because the price suited our budget. When we arrived, we were blown away! The grounds are gorgeous and tucked away into the hillside with flowers and towering trees. The receptionist was very sweet, provided organic teas and showed us to our queen economy suite. It was perfect! Cozy and warm and the place was equipped with wine glasses and a bottle opener, a bag of microwave popcorn and a Keurig machine in the room. On top of that, the hosts a smore-making event nightly by the open campfire. While we had plans to go out in the town, we had such a great time listening to music, sipping wine and toasting marshmallows by the fire with the other guests that we never left! The next morning we were only about 12 minutes from the Redwood forest were we were able to hike. This was the perfect hotel. I am so glad that we happened upon it and it will be our go-to place in the future.
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
Jamie
"Very cute and clean. Great location!"
We really enjoyed our little cottage. It has all the modern amenities in a cottage-style environment. The grounds are well manicured and there is even a resident cat (super friendly and fat) that greets all the guests. I would love to stay here again if I'm ever in the area.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
Angelica
"Cute Cottage for Couples to get Cozy"
Had a nice overnight get-away at these cottages. The cottages were clean and well taken care of. We got in a little late and the front desk person was great and gave us a quick tour. They have a fire pit and a Smore's bar to keep you toasty at night. The heaters in the cottages work great as it can get a little chilly in this part of the bay. Would stay again
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
Denali
clean and nice location good night sleep
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"RELAXING GETAWAY"
If you are looking for a quiet relaxing vacation this is the perfect place to stay. I enjoyed myself.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Cozy, Comfortable, Clean"
Very nice! Cozy! Great staff!
1 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
"You Rock !"
Great ! All good. Clean, Friendly, Tasty morning fresh fruits, pastries and coffee. Beautiful setting among Redwoods with evening fire pit adding to all together nice expierence! They even found and returned via mail wifes glasses after we somehow misplaced them.! Thanks !
2 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
GREG
"Super cozy and friendly staff"
I like the tucked away concept of the location and the cozy feel of cottages nestled off the Russian river between mountains. The community fire pit can be loud if you are staying near it like we did. There was also a crazy guy in the middle of the night chanting wildly at the top of his lungs so its possible you get a mix of quiet travelers to drug induced crazies on a self diacovery journey. Nonetheless a charming place and I'd definitely come back. Rooms were smallish but nice.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Dave t
"Hidden gem close to redwoods and wineries"
The highway frontage is underwhelming but once you see the interior courtyard you will be overwhelmed. The nightly fireside smores (provided by the hotel) and chats with fellow travelers made it a great experience.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Don
"Friendly staff, attention to detail"
We were very pleased with our accommodation even though we had one of the smallest units. Loved the little touches like S-mores and campfire in the evening and high quality Continental breakfast. Fresh juice and coffee were always available. Close to hiking at Armstrong redwoods State Park. Very friendly staff. Not real close to wineries but scenic( although windy) roads to get to them.
3 night family trip Sep 15, 2014
Darby McGuigan
"Another fine stay at a favorite place"
We're repeat guests. The amenities are great, the service attentive. Location just outside downtown Guerneville.
2 night trip with friends Sep 16, 2014
Kevin B
Enjoyed our stay. We were kind of celebrating our 50th, which had been a couple of weeks prior. Only bad thing was there not being a closet to hang our clothes in, otherwise enjoyed our stay
2 night romance trip Sep 7, 2014
Beverly McCoy
"Great Spot at the Russian River!"
We loved the Cottages. We had exceptional service, especially from DeeAnn at the front desk, loved the s'mores and campfire, had a wonderful room that was both spotless and well-appointed, and enjoyed the daily breakfast which consisted of pastries & bagels, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, a selection of fruits and juices and coffee. There were DVD's to borrow and great information available about local activities and restaurants. We happened to hit Gueneville's 1st Friday Art Walk and it was great. Highly recommend this spot!
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"An Oasis on the Russian River"
I hate to do this but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Cottages on the River. the staff is great and the breakfast is pretty good for an advertised continental breakfast. The location is within 20 minutes of Occidental and Graton and Korbel is just down the road. The rooms are well equipped and the grounds are kept up nicely. The only downside is you get some road noise which may be more persistent on the weekends. You can also arrange massages on the premises which is a nice bonus.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
steve k
We were in the two bedroom unit. Unit very clean and comfortable. Would have enjoyed it more with a larger living space but we had a comfortable stay and the grounds were lovely and area well maintained
3 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Kathy Blundell
"Perfect California escape!"
The staff here is friendly, generous, and knowledgable. Cottages are clean, cozy, and most of them are private without being isolated. The location is what really did it for us - 30-40 minute drive to dozens of wineries, the heart of wine country, a redwood state park, and the ocean. Incredible views, friendly city, and amazing food. It has my highest recommendation!
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Kelsey
"Quaint Setting"
enjoyed our stay, beautiful garden area. Rooms and bed are comfortable enough. Would definitely recommend to others.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2014
"Not what we expected."
This facility is very charming for the most part. The cottages are clean as is the office and grounds. They seem well cared for and the grounds are beautiful with nice landscaping and beautiful potted plants. The complementary breakfast was adequate. However----the cottage I rented was not at all what I expected. It was advertised as a queen studio, which I interpreted to mean a small room with a queen bed and attached bathroom. It was a small room - in a converted shed of the kind you would purchased from a big box home improvement store such as Home Depot. You entered through a French door, but it had no window or anything to bring in fresh air in the bedroom. The bathroom was large with a huge tub, shower, and a lavatory and sink. There was a window in the bathroom. When we arrived, we noticed a musty, mildew smell, but it was not too bad because the bathroom door was closed, the bathroom window open and a plug-in air freshener was in the bathroom. That night when we went to bed, however, it became overpowering and we ended up having to leave the French door ajar which was a security concern and closing the bathroom door so we could sleep. We mentioned the problem to the owner/manager the next morning and no offer was made to refund our money. I would not stay in that particular room again with it's problems. I have no idea what the condition of the other cottages were.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
A. Wood
the room was very charming and comfortable........felt like being in a home instead of a hotel room. thought it would be a little closer to walking distance river access but had a great time viewing Armstrong Grove close by. This is an excellent place to stay.
"I'll be back"
A really lovely location and facility. The room had ref, MW, good beds and very clean. I liked the pool, the grounds were well maintained and the staff very helpful. I enjoyed the evening get together, the breakfast was great and the little town interesting. This was a working overnight vacation, I needed to get away to a quiet, comfortable spot to finish an online project and this was the perfect place for that. I look forward to coming back when I can spend more time.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
Traveler
Very nice, thanks for the upgrade for my fiancée's birthday. You made it special.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Very quaint!"
The place doesn't look like much from the street. Once entering through the office into the courtyard you enter the enclosed courtyard that contains all the cabins. You have to park outside the enclosure and enter through a locked gate. The office manager was excellent and very helpful. The continental breakfast was very well presented. There was a nice pool, but the weather when we were there was too cold to utilize. There is a nice brewery and pub across the street that has a deck overlooking the Russian River. A mile down the road is the Korbel Winery. There is a campfire in the evening for anyone wanting to make smores. Overall a very pleasant, rustic place to stay.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"A perfect gem by the Russian River"
We thought Cottages on River Road was absolutely superb. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The grounds and garden are beautifully kept and the cottage was nicely furnished and spotlessly clean. We would return in a heartbeat!
2 night trip May 28, 2014
Janice
"Excellent Service"
DeeAnn and the rest of the staff at the Cottages are super helpful and sweet. They take the upkeep and cleanliness of the property very seriously and the beautiful central garden is lovely and an oasis. The location is right on the main road so very convenient but light sleepers may want to be as far from the road noise as possible.
3 night trip May 23, 2014
"Nice hideaway"
Well kept up and great staff! Close to Redwoods and a easy drive to the coast. Enjoyed our stay!
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Very nice"
Very nice, helpful staff, phone in room would be nice.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"I wish we could have stayed longer."
Beautiful grounds, comfy beds and a shower with incredible water pressure (sounds weird, but if you have nothing but low flow shower heads you'd get it). I wish we had more than one day in this town and these cottages.
Other trip May 11, 2014
JH
"I wish we could have stayed longer."
Other trip May 11, 2014
JH
"Frankie and the fire pit - We loved it!"
We had an awesome time! The grounds are beautiful and well-maintained, adorned with lots of flora. There's a fire pit and s'mores nightly in the courtyard. The resident cat, Frankie, is affectionate. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The nearby Armstrong Redwoods Park is amazing.
Other trip May 10, 2014
Will
Great place, very comfortable &spacious cottage, lovely grounds. It's a little bit out of the main part of town but for us this was a plus. Would definitely recommend this place
3 night family trip May 5, 2014
"Cute place, but highway traffic is very loud."
Cute place, great owner and staff, but highway traffic is very, very loud.
Other trip May 6, 2014
"We will be back."
Once again the staff made our stay special. Clean comfortable rooms, The evening open fire pit allows you a chance to meet the other guests and engage in conversation. We stayed last October and this April, enjoyed the hospitality and the a one hour massage therapy session made the stay perfect. We will be visiting again this October.
2 night trip with friends Apr 27, 2014
"Cozy Cottages"
These family-owned cottages were quiet and mostly separate from each other. We were in a studio, but very nice 1 and 2 bedrooms are available, sleeping as many as six. Operators provided personal service and responded to requests promptly. They allow pets, even large dogs. There was one couple who had a great Dane and a 120 lb Labrador! Very comfortable bed, nice continental breakfast included. They had a central campfire every evening, with s'mores. Would definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Apr 23, 2014
Clarice
"Quaint rooms with good amenities"
We had a lovely, albeit small, room. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the nightly campfire (complete with S'mores). The campfire added to the homey feeling and it was a nice way to talk with other travelers. The amenities included a fridge, microwave, coffee pot and sink. It felt as if you had all the comforts of home. We enjoyed the campy feeling. The only negative was the road noise, as our cottage backed on to the main road. It's a lovely spot to spend a night or two.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"reasonable priced and exceptional value"
Last minute booking, with late check-in, but owner was very accommodating and friendly at 10pm. Studio room was ideal, clean and had adequate cooking facilities if required. Very reasonable and will be recommending.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2014
martin
"Wonderful cottages in the wine country"
We had a great time staying in the cottages and definitely would go back. It is in a perfect location, lovely grounds and the people who work there are wonderful.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Memorable cottages"
Memorable cottages
1 night trip Apr 13, 2014
"Awesome place"
Had a great stay. Loved the campfire and somores! Will definitely go back!
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Perfect spot for the area"
Stayed in cottage 1, very clean and staff was very nice. I would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Apr 7, 2014
Jerry
"Nice visit off the Russian River"
The hotel was relatively easy to find-even in the dark. The staff were very friendly. We brought our dog and the dog received a welcome basket with treats and a towel! It is centrally located and you can easily walk to town. The cabins are clean and well set up. We stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin and the bedrooms were set either side of the bathroom. The smores were a treat-they set up all the fixings and you can chat with other folks staying there. I will definitely come again.
2 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2014
Rachel
":)"
Melissa, the kids and I fully enjoyed our two night stay... I definitely recommend Cottages on River Road to anyone.
2 night family trip Mar 19, 2014
Joaquin
"Perfect get away location."
Loved the s'mores! Definitely the highlight of our stay there. It's a nice cozy location.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
sandra
"Perfect hideaway in Russian River Valley"
Very pleasant. nothing opulent, but well-located for pinot noir country, redwoods, the coast and more. Good food in downtown Guerneville nearby. Quality breakfast. smores by the fire pit at night. tidy room. Nice grounds. I'd stay again.
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2014
DC
"Outstanding!!!"
Loved loved loved these cottages! Cute, beautiful landscaping, good karma. Room was somewhat small but perfectly comfortable (larger cottages were available). Everything provided was excellent --- organic products in bathroom, continental breakfast was delicious and all we needed to start the day. The interior courtyard was beautiful. Although the "front" cottages backed up to a main road, no traffic noise was heard at night. Other cottages back up to a wooded area with incredible redwood trees. We gave a 3 for surrounding area simply because the cottages are on a main road but the town of Guerneville is quite close and easily accessed by car. The Cottages are highly recommended! We wished we could stay longer.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2014
Frequent Traveller
"Nice, quiet cottages in the Russian River area."
Enjoyed this portion of our trip. Convenient location to wineries. Nice little pub across the street within walking distance.
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
"get away"
We loved it. The staff was superb and the rooms were great , clean and nicely decorated. It was reasonably priced and close to downtown. Loved the whole experience on the Russian River. A golf course is also close. We are already planning a return trip for the whole family.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Gary and Bobbi
Cottages on River Road exceeded all my expectations. Via River Road from Hwy 101 it's a 25 minute drive. The property is roadside on the right with a well lit sign. Our two bedroom unit was clean and cozy. It included a living room and a deck with tables. Magnificent redwoods are easily viewed from any place on the property. The bathroom is spacious with updated plumbing and modern, easy to use fixtures. Wi-fi is free and easily accessible. The staff is friendly and courteous. Artful touches abound throughout the property. Downtown Guerneville is 2-3 minutes and the Armstrong Redwood State Park about ten minutes. The walk through the giant redwoods is awesome!
3 night trip Feb 13, 2014