All hotels in Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
8130 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD, 20814, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Hotel stay was good. Reading reviews concerned about parking but we lucked and were able to park by hotel. Rooms were clean but would of preferred queen beds instead of full. One of the beds was close to the wall, so it was hard for the person on that side of the bed to get up. The free breakfast was good. We were in the south wing so there was no elevator. We had to take our bags up stairs. Very small hotel but it served its purpose for our visit and it was reasonably priced. Can't go wrong with free parking and free breakfast. Location was walking distance to metro which was a big plus for us going into DC.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. We look forward to your next visit.
3 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Convenient location"
Great location in Washington... easy walk to Metro line. Room small but quiet, comfortable with all amenities including fridge and safe. Small parking lot, with narrow spaces on first come first serve basis. Friendly front desk staff. I will be staying here again in future.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
We appreciate your great review, and happy to see you will be staying with us again in the near future.
3 night trip Aug 5, 2015
"Too expensive for the service"
I stayed at the hotel for four days to visit NIH on my business. The hotel is convenient because it is nearest from NIH. However, the breakfast is not good because there was no vegetable and it is not healthy. I think it is not good for the price.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your feedback. We are looking into our breakfast items and really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel.
4 night business trip Aug 2, 2015
Hiroko
was very disappointed. we will not stay here again. very limited parking space on site, so you have to park across the street, very inconvenient. breakfast area is not real big area, the first day the food server burner's were not working! and if a room will sleep 4 people then you should have enough towels in the room for 4!
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
We apologize for the inconvenience of you stay. We have addressed your issues with our staff. Thank you for your feedback.
3 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
Enos
"Okay for a night"
The hotel staff are lovely people and very attentive. My only complaint is that I had no water pressure or hot water for that matter but I never called to complain since I was only staying one night. Also the safe was defective and would not close so my kids end up hitting themselves with the door. Love the Guapos, the Mexican restaurant.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your feedback. We have addressed your issues. Please come back and see us.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Elaine
Front desk personnel are very friendly and helpful. Room smelled a bit even though it was supposed to be smoke-free. Parking is a problem, very limited space.
3 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2015
"Rude Man at Front Desk"
The hotel was clean and in a great location. I only had a few complaints. My fiance and I were in the hotel lobby for about 15 minutes before the hotel clerk came to greet us. He was outside talking with some friends. We found this incredibly rude. There was also no parking in the lot so we had to park in a parking lot, about .5 miles away, that was a little sketchy. The last thing was we went up to our room and went to turn the TV on and the TV didn't work. We called down to the front desk and the same rude man answered and said he couldn't do anything about it or change our room. He said he knew it was broken but couldn't have someone fix it until the morning. Because it was just one night- my fiance and I didn't mind too much, although a TV would have been nice. Bed was comfortable. Room was clean.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Donald
Overall a pleasant stay, bathroom too small! 7/10
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Nigel
Just looking for an inexpensive night to stay before dropping my son at a leadership conference. Affordable, clean and we felt safe. Thank you.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Good travel value"
clean room, complimentary morning breakfast, restaurant nest door, courteous and friendly staff. I stayed there 5 days and was a good value for the money.
5 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
Eugene
"very nice"
Parking was a little cramped. Staff was extremely friendly.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Valerie
"Great Place to Stay"
I have stayed at this hotel three times. It's an older hotel, but the owners keep it in good shape. Parking is limited, so if there is a space available, grab it. The Mexican restaurant on the first floor is GREAT!! I will stay here again when I return next year.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"it is what it is"
a convenient close to Metro and Rockville, but absolutely nothing special about it.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
"Average!"
1. The hotel is an a convenient area to head into DC. 2. It is clean, but it's decor makes it look old. 3. Rooms are clean, but very small. There's no room to get around the desc chair to the other side of the room. 4. Parking is first come first serve and can be a problem on rainy days. They do have parking available at a public lot across the street, but if you have bags and it's raining you'll be dodging traffic to get across the street as there is not a traffic light in front of the hotel to cross.They hotel will reimburse up to 3 hrs of your meter parking. Not very convenient if you leave your car for the day and have to feed a meter and you want to use public transportation to get around. 5. Breakfast is mediocre. The usual waffle maker, sausage, potatoes, but didn't see eggs. 6. Wifi was touch and go. Being on the 4th floor the signal was weak and barely stayed connected
2 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
Jeremy
"Just what it is"
Just a quickie overnight. Very run-of-the-mill, nothing special. A room that was available on July 4th weekend on short notice.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate your business.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
"Great Hotel in Bethesda"
We truly enjoyed the hotel. great neighborhood, safe and sound area. very nice hotel staff. I would stay there again when traveling to Baltimore.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your kind comments. I'm glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Do not recommend the American Inn"
We arrived in the middle of a thunderstorm and were less than pleased to find out that the "additional parking across the street" was actually additional paid parking down the street a block and across the street. The continental breakfast was the worst I've ever had. There literally weren't any plates on the first day and the options were laughable. We had some neighbors move in next door during our stay with a screaming baby the entire rest of our stay, we complained, but our concerns about the child and the noise were dismissed, despite the fact of being concerned as to WHY this child was screaming constantly. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone else.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I apologize for your negative experience. We are always looking for ways to improve our breakfast offerings. We also can accommodate most dietary needs (such as gluten free, vegan, nut allergies, etc.) with a little advance notice. Finally, we will typically offer to relocate a guest who complains noise from other rooms. In addition, any safety and security issues that are reported to the front desk are normally investigated and resolved quickly. I'm not sure why that didn't happen during your stay. However, I apologize for any lapses in service. I will surely share your observations with our entire staff to ensure we understand the needs of our guests. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
4 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Overpriced and Outdated!"
I found this hotel overpriced for $159/night. This property is in serious need for some updating. The bathroom was VERY small, old, and outdated. In addition, there was an unpleasant odor in the bedroom, to the point that I bought an air-freshener. Furthermore, this hotel advertises "free parking, on a first-come, first-serve option," and they literally mean it! What they omit is, that this hotel has only 21 parking spots for their 70-bedroom hotel. A public parking lot across from the hotel with metered parking is then the only option for you to park your car. I have travelled a lot and stayed in many hotels, but I have never experienced anything like it and would not book this hotel ever, again.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. I understand how frustrating it can be for our guests when our service and amenities fall below expectations. However, we appreciate your feedback and I assure you that we will use it as an opportunity to improve.
5 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
"The American Inn is a good choice"
Clean, quiet, and comfortable best describe my stay at this hotel. The staff was cordial and helpful. The breakfast was typical hotel free breakfast style, but with a good variety of the basics, including a waffle maker, cereals (hot and cold), and a nice assortment of breads, along with coffee, juice, milk, and yogurt.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm happy to hear you found our staff and amenities to be accommodating. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
3 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"Parking"
Needed info for parking space. There are only 10 of slots for customer.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your feedback.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"A comfortable, cultural getaway"
The location was excellent for food, and music. The Bethesda Blues and Jazz supper club was a great place to listen to live music and dance.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
So glad to hear that you enjoyed the BBJSC. There are an exceptional number of restaurants, shopping and other attractions that are within very close proximity to our hotel. The American Inn can be your home base for your weekend getaway or your next business excursion. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
"MARYLAND"
THE STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND ACCOMMODATING. HOWEVER, OUR BATHROOM SINK DIDN'T WORK AND THE SHOWER HEADS NEEDS REPLACING. YET OVERALL, OUR STAY WAS NICE.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your feedback. We will work to resolve the maintenance issue you experienced. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
parking not good parking not good parking not good parking not good
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry that you found the parking at our hotel to be unsatisfactory. Although we have a limited number of parking spaces located on premises, there is no cost to park in these spaces. There also is ample parking located in very close proximity to our location to supplement the parking on site. The offsite parking is metered. However, the hotel subsidizes a portion of the cost to make this comparable with parking options at the other neighborhood hotels. I hope this sets your mind at ease regarding parking. Thanks for your feedback.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Great place to stay!"
My Son and I came down to look at colleges and were very happy with our stay! The room was great! It was clean and comfortable, it had everything we needed. The front desk was extremely helpful, we really appreciated their help. We will stay again!
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm glad to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations. Good luck in your college search. We hope that we can be your home away from home as you narrow your decision on school.
2 night family trip May 20, 2015
Anthony
"It OK for few days !"
It was OK , very loud noise from the AC compressors .The parking is far away , cross the street !
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business.
2 night trip May 23, 2015
Manuela
"Smallest room I've ever stayed in"
The staff was nice, and overall the facility was clean. Our room with a queen bed was tiny and by far the smallest room I've ever stayed in. My wife and I didn't even try emptying our suitcases because there was nowhere to put anything. The bed took up most of the room, and made it difficult to get around. Also, the bathroom was in poor shape. There was caulking all over the place that looked like a kid was responsible for. The toilet was a very dated industrial toilet you would see in an airport or something, not in a private room. That said, the room was quiet, and the staff was nice. We saw pictures of larger rooms, and they looked nice. My advice would be to verify that you won't be stuck in a tiny room -- especially if it is for more than one person. The breakfast was good, and the proximity to the metro train station and local restaurants/shops was very good.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your feedback. We are always working to improve the condition of our rooms and amenities. I'm sorry to hear that your found portions of your room to be in poor shape. I have shared your feedback with our maintenance and housekeeping staffs to ensure we are providing a well maintained room to every guest. In the future, you can ask for one of our South Wing rooms as these rooms are more spacious with much more closet and storage space. Thanks again for your comments. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Jeremiah
"Good Value"
Good price for location. Parking somewhat limited but free. Good comp breakfast About 5 blocks from Metro Subway train.
2 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"Not bad. Worth the savings."
Not bad overall. Cheaper than other hotels. Good breakfast. Worth the savings. Worst thing was lack of parking spaces.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
We appreciate your feedback. I'm glad that you found our hotel to be of good value. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Other trip May 25, 2015
tony
"I will not return"
Had to go outdoors in and out of my room. Very noisy venue. Breakfast poor. Light fixtures old
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I apologize for the difficulties you experienced. It's is our goal to provide quality accommodations and amenities at a solid value for our guests. I'm sorry that we failed to deliver on this goal during your stay. We will use your comments to illustrate the importance of a well maintained room and a quality breakfast to our guests.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
Herbert
"Not worth the stay!"
Very outdated hotel with small room and old furniture.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your feedback and observations on our hotel. I'm sorry that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room where you stayed. We offer rooms of various sizes and will accommodate requests based on availability. Hopefully, you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
Rafael
"Poor Stay"
The hotel was close to Walter Reed and that was good but the hotel room was outdated, mattress was uncomfortable, hair dryer was on the wall across the bathroom from the mirror. The room was near a restraint and the noise we experienced was problematic given they kept opening the hall door from the restaurant during theatre evening. Our room smelled of sewer on the first afternoon too, they related to cleaning a grease trap from the restaurant during the morning too, would not recommend this hotel unless it was last place available to stay in the area.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay with us. I can appreciate how frustrating the problems with the hair dryer, restaurant noise and odor must have been. We use your comments as an example to improve the room layout and condition. In the future, you could also request a room away from the restaurant to avoid these issues in the future. I hope that, despite the problems you experienced, you will try our hotel again in the near future.
Other trip May 8, 2015
mark
"American Inn safe and clean"
Room was nice and clean. But, had an odor when the a/c was on . Parking was available across the street. be sure to park in the silver meter area. Staff was nice. Breakfast very nice! Only issue was the location was not walking distance to American University.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.
1 night family trip May 5, 2015
"Pleasantly Quaint"
We were in Bethesda for the day and decided at the last minute to stay at the American Inn. It was a great stay. The staff were extremely helpful and very nice.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your kind comments regarding our staff. We appreciate your last minute decision to stay with us and hope that you will stay with us again.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"was nice especially due to the service given by yo"
the room assigned at first was very small and not as shown on the net. but, after the first night it was replaced to a much better room due to the help given by the ladies mentioned above. Still there is a problem with your breakfast. the kitchen should be more open and flexible, one example...should hand out mayonnaise if you need with your hard boiled eggs, generally I believe you must up grade your breakfast as you don't have available diners nearby. but generally speaking your hotel has good service (not cheap though)
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. I especially appreciate your observations regarding our breakfast. We work to provide a good variety of offerings for our breakfast. However, you are the first person that I've had to request mayonnaise to be added to the breakfast. I will ensure that we have it available by request in the future. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Dr. Moshe
"OVERALL OK"
very clean, very cramped. In my room I could hear all noise from the hallway and I was very close to the elevators.. The restaurant attached is very nice, but expensive.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
Giselle
"American Inn Bethesda Greg's Review"
Great rate for a decent hotel - nothing over the top but comfortable and everything worked including climate control and t.v.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your positive feedback. We appreciate your business.
2 night business trip May 1, 2015
Greg
"Nice Staff, Free Parking, Bit Musty"
Front Desk attendants very nice. Room was a bit stale smelling but sheets were fresh & clean. We came in late & left early in the morning. Free Parking was a great benefit. Just needed a place to rest our heads so hotel met our needs for the night. Entire hotel is a bit old & needs some updating.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your comments. We have taken your observations seriously and are working to resolve any issues with the air quality in our rooms. I'm glad that you found our amenities to be a value. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
"This hotel cuts corners"
I woke up to a 59 degree room and was told heat had been turned off for the summer! No extra blankets or space heaters.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I apologize for the problems you experienced with the temperature in the room. We have been in a very transitional period in the DC area, with 30 to 40 degree fluctuations from day to day. With temperature swings this disparate, it can be difficult to maintain a constant temperature in our building. We are working with our HVAC vendor and maintenance staff on a daily basis to minimize the impact to our guests. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Would only stay here again if I REALLY HAD TO"
The towels were as black as the stains on the carpet. The bed had stains. I called for a new sheet and no one ever bought it up. The room was not at all comfortable.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfying. Our staff is very sensitive to the importance of providing clean, well maintained room. I will share your observations with our entire staff to ensure that we create a quality experience for every guest. Please accept my apologies.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Mrs. Allen
"Comfortable older hotel"
The staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were comfortable and adequate though not spacious if traveling with more than one child. Free shuttle service to local sites was efficient.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your positive comments. We appreciate your business.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
jeannine
"like America Inn"
I have been traveling to Bethesda for years but never stayed at America Inn before. I would stay there again..good service, nice room, good shuttle service to NIH.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. We appreciate your business!
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
charlene
"Convenient for personal travel"
Clean rooms. Rooms a bit small, but since visiting family near by, we did not spend much time in room. Staff pleasant and helpful. WiFi not working while we were there and business centers sole computer was still running Windows XP. Breakfast was average.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I apologize about the problems you experienced with the WiFi during your stay with us. We unfortunately had a internet outage in our entire building due to a configuration problem with our internet service provider. I hope that, despite this issue, you will try our hotel again in the near future.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
comfortable and affordable. Nice staff. good location. rooms a bit small.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm glad that you found our hotel to be comfortable and a good value. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks for your business.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Never again"
The Hotel staff was not pleasant at check in. The room had no heat and was really cold, it could not be addressed due to that the hotel turned off all heat. I reserved a taxi for an early morning meeting through the front desk, no taxi showed up and the front desk told me " that is very common with this company, call a uber instead" I waited one hour for the ride. I requested a call/ email/ connection with the GM of the hotel through my email to him. He has not yet responded. I will NEVER stay here again.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. We experienced a major failure in our climate control systems during your stay and we were unable to resolve it in a timely manner. In addition, we should have done a better job in accommodating transportation needs. I apologize for these lapses in service, including my failure to respond to your complaint, as this is not the standard at our hotel. We will use your comments as a training tool to improve our communication in our operation. Please accept my sincerest regrets and assurance that we will improve our level of service moving forward.
3 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
Elisabeth
"Two star"
My was stay was unpleasant. The room was very small and stinky. The room was cold and I tried to increase room temp. and I am unable to control my room termp. from the room. Later, I found out that the room temp. is centrally controlled by hotel Management. Then I requested at front desk to increase room temp. front desk person said that I don't know how to control it. Moreover, they do not have ample parking spot. They just want grab customers by publicizing free customer parking. My overall experience is worst. I would not recommend anyone.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience at our hotel. We are working with our maintenance staff and HVAC vendor to ensure that we maintain a constant, comfortable temperature throughout the building. I understand how uncomfortable it must have been, especially given the fluctuations in temperature we have experienced throughout April. I apologize for the inconvenience.
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Bhargav
"Free Breakfast/ small rooms/ old building"
Quick to the short message, I am on the one night business trip to DC, as soon as I checked, and walking to the room 217, all the way in the end of the hallway, what is this smell in the hallway!!! They had a floor fan running, something had happened on that floor’s room that they had to completely sealed a room with roll tapes. The musty & moldy smell was everywhere! Including my room. The room’s windows were fixed so I was not able to open it to vent the rooms air out. Called the front desk and ask them for a room change. All the rooms were sold out, they did not have another room. Thus, they gave me two options, get an another hotel without paying anything to them since 24 hours cancellation is required but this case they will remove the fee or take off 50% discount. And I asked more for it such as restaurant coupon and they gave me $20 cash instead! For the staying experience, they had fresh baked cookies in the lobby with coffee! And they included FREE hot/cold breakfast; fresh waffles, potatoes, hard-boiled eggs (pilled) and more! Can’t complaint for the free breakfast!!! But the rooms were so small! One queen bed and bathroom 32” LCD TV is what you get!
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I apologize for the discomfort you experienced and sub-standard condition of the room and public space that was caused by a catastrophic leak that occurred in a room on that floor. This was an inconvenient and unforeseen problem that happened shortly before your arrival. I'm glad to hear that our staff offered you some alternatives and compensation to accommodate you for the inconvenience. I hope that despite your negative experience, you will consider us again for your lodging needs in Bethesda. We appreciate your business and your feedback.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"Not as good as the photos"
Parking is extremely limited. We had to park a block away at meters. They promised to feed them and they did, but it was unsettling. Despite having prepaid took a long time to find our room. No elevator to our room so we had to haul luggage up a flight. Also we were told we'd be in the annex so that we could control our temp. That's not standard?
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. I apologize for any confusion you experienced regarding our accommodations and amenities. Parking is limited at the hotel. But, we are the only hotel in Bethesda that offers any free parking albeit limited. If our lot is full, we do recommend the public pay lot directly across the street from the hotel. The lot is a metered lot and is maintained and controlled by the city of Bethesda. It is well lit and frequently patrolled by law enforcement. As far as the air conditioning in your room, part of our building has climate control that is centrally controlled by the hotel, which means the temperature is set to a static temperature based on weather conditions. It designed to provide heating and cooling to maintain a designated temperature throughout the building. Although guests cannot call for heat on hot day or cooling on a cold day, you can control the speed of the air handler in the room, which can help to increase comfort. I regret for any inconvenience and discomfort this design may have caused you.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
JR
"Best time ever!!!"
We loved staying at this hotel, the staff was incredibly nice and friendly...the only thin I would change about it is the tv, service was kind of poor so Little channels. ..but anyway we where out most of the time...being so close to the metro station and all business. We will come back, no doubt!!!
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit us again very soon.
6 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
Andrea
"Cheap stay in Bethseda."
It's the best price around if you don't mind everything not being perfect. The hot water didn't work one morning, but was taken care of in an hour or so. The staff was nice and the room was clean but really small.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"just ok"
Carpets had been cleaned that day in all rooms, I understand because of an emergency - but our room smelled like wet dogs. Staff was very nice, and brought spray, but it was still smelly. Breakfast was disappointing - posted times until 9:30, and before 9am, no more eggs, bagels, no variety in muffins. Soon after 9am sausage ran out, and attendant was unable to replenish either. I did appreciate being able to park in the morning, walk to the Metro, go sightseeing for the day, and come back later to check in.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry about the problems you experienced with the odor in your room. Unfortunately, the damaged pipe created an unbearable situation for many guests, including you. I wish we could have done a better job of mitigating the impact to your experience at our hotel. I hope that you will see this as an isolated incident and try our hotel again during your next visit. Thanks for your business. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Apr 9, 2015