All hotels in Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here8130 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD, 20814, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"I will not return"
Had to go outdoors in and out of my room. Very noisy venue. Breakfast poor. Light fixtures old
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I apologize for the difficulties you experienced. It's is our goal to provide quality accommodations and amenities at a solid value for our guests. I'm sorry that we failed to deliver on this goal during your stay. We will use your comments to illustrate the importance of a well maintained room and a quality breakfast to our guests.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
Herbert
"Not worth the stay!"
Very outdated hotel with small room and old furniture.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your feedback and observations on our hotel. I'm sorry that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room where you stayed. We offer rooms of various sizes and will accommodate requests based on availability. Hopefully, you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
Rafael
"American Inn safe and clean"
Room was nice and clean. But, had an odor when the a/c was on . Parking was available across the street. be sure to park in the silver meter area. Staff was nice. Breakfast very nice! Only issue was the location was not walking distance to American University.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.
1 night family trip May 5, 2015
"Pleasantly Quaint"
We were in Bethesda for the day and decided at the last minute to stay at the American Inn. It was a great stay. The staff were extremely helpful and very nice.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your kind comments regarding our staff. We appreciate your last minute decision to stay with us and hope that you will stay with us again.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"OVERALL OK"
very clean, very cramped. In my room I could hear all noise from the hallway and I was very close to the elevators.. The restaurant attached is very nice, but expensive.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. We appreciate your business.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
Giselle
"American Inn Bethesda Greg's Review"
Great rate for a decent hotel - nothing over the top but comfortable and everything worked including climate control and t.v.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your positive feedback. We appreciate your business.
2 night business trip May 1, 2015
Greg
"Nice Staff, Free Parking, Bit Musty"
Front Desk attendants very nice. Room was a bit stale smelling but sheets were fresh & clean. We came in late & left early in the morning. Free Parking was a great benefit. Just needed a place to rest our heads so hotel met our needs for the night. Entire hotel is a bit old & needs some updating.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your comments. We have taken your observations seriously and are working to resolve any issues with the air quality in our rooms. I'm glad that you found our amenities to be a value. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
"like America Inn"
I have been traveling to Bethesda for years but never stayed at America Inn before. I would stay there again..good service, nice room, good shuttle service to NIH.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. We appreciate your business!
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
charlene
"Never again"
The Hotel staff was not pleasant at check in. The room had no heat and was really cold, it could not be addressed due to that the hotel turned off all heat. I reserved a taxi for an early morning meeting through the front desk, no taxi showed up and the front desk told me " that is very common with this company, call a uber instead" I waited one hour for the ride. I requested a call/ email/ connection with the GM of the hotel through my email to him. He has not yet responded. I will NEVER stay here again.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. We experienced a major failure in our climate control systems during your stay and we were unable to resolve it in a timely manner. In addition, we should have done a better job in accommodating transportation needs. I apologize for these lapses in service, including my failure to respond to your complaint, as this is not the standard at our hotel. We will use your comments as a training tool to improve our communication in our operation. Please accept my sincerest regrets and assurance that we will improve our level of service moving forward.
3 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
Elisabeth
"Two star"
My was stay was unpleasant. The room was very small and stinky. The room was cold and I tried to increase room temp. and I am unable to control my room termp. from the room. Later, I found out that the room temp. is centrally controlled by hotel Management. Then I requested at front desk to increase room temp. front desk person said that I don't know how to control it. Moreover, they do not have ample parking spot. They just want grab customers by publicizing free customer parking. My overall experience is worst. I would not recommend anyone.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience at our hotel. We are working with our maintenance staff and HVAC vendor to ensure that we maintain a constant, comfortable temperature throughout the building. I understand how uncomfortable it must have been, especially given the fluctuations in temperature we have experienced throughout April. I apologize for the inconvenience.
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Bhargav
"Free Breakfast/ small rooms/ old building"
Quick to the short message, I am on the one night business trip to DC, as soon as I checked, and walking to the room 217, all the way in the end of the hallway, what is this smell in the hallway!!! They had a floor fan running, something had happened on that floor’s room that they had to completely sealed a room with roll tapes. The musty & moldy smell was everywhere! Including my room. The room’s windows were fixed so I was not able to open it to vent the rooms air out. Called the front desk and ask them for a room change. All the rooms were sold out, they did not have another room. Thus, they gave me two options, get an another hotel without paying anything to them since 24 hours cancellation is required but this case they will remove the fee or take off 50% discount. And I asked more for it such as restaurant coupon and they gave me $20 cash instead! For the staying experience, they had fresh baked cookies in the lobby with coffee! And they included FREE hot/cold breakfast; fresh waffles, potatoes, hard-boiled eggs (pilled) and more! Can’t complaint for the free breakfast!!! But the rooms were so small! One queen bed and bathroom 32” LCD TV is what you get!
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I apologize for the discomfort you experienced and sub-standard condition of the room and public space that was caused by a catastrophic leak that occurred in a room on that floor. This was an inconvenient and unforeseen problem that happened shortly before your arrival. I'm glad to hear that our staff offered you some alternatives and compensation to accommodate you for the inconvenience. I hope that despite your negative experience, you will consider us again for your lodging needs in Bethesda. We appreciate your business and your feedback.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"Best time ever!!!"
We loved staying at this hotel, the staff was incredibly nice and friendly...the only thin I would change about it is the tv, service was kind of poor so Little channels. ..but anyway we where out most of the time...being so close to the metro station and all business. We will come back, no doubt!!!
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit us again very soon.
6 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
Andrea
"just ok"
Carpets had been cleaned that day in all rooms, I understand because of an emergency - but our room smelled like wet dogs. Staff was very nice, and brought spray, but it was still smelly. Breakfast was disappointing - posted times until 9:30, and before 9am, no more eggs, bagels, no variety in muffins. Soon after 9am sausage ran out, and attendant was unable to replenish either. I did appreciate being able to park in the morning, walk to the Metro, go sightseeing for the day, and come back later to check in.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry about the problems you experienced with the odor in your room. Unfortunately, the damaged pipe created an unbearable situation for many guests, including you. I wish we could have done a better job of mitigating the impact to your experience at our hotel. I hope that you will see this as an isolated incident and try our hotel again during your next visit. Thanks for your business. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
Wendy
"Pleasant stay for some D.C. touring"
Good hotel for a couple of day trips into D.C. on the metro. Clean rooms, quiet,friendly helpful staff.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. We appreciate your business.
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
"nice hotel"
everything was fine except the parking. The hotel really needs more parking.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. Although our on-site parking is limited, there is plenty of public parking located only 600 feet from our front door. There is always ample parking available in the this lot and we pay for a portion of the cost to feed the meter in the public lot, which makes the cost comparable to the other hotel self park options in Bethesda. When you come to check in, please park in front of the hotel and our staff will assist you with instructions on where and how to park. Hopefully, this information will help you on your next visit with us.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
kathy L.
"Good value for expense."
Comfortable, clean accommodations, friendly and accommodating staff. Hotel has a shuttle that can take guests to areas with a one mile radius. Felt safe.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
We appreciate your comments. And glad that you felt we were a good value with good service. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
4 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
Teresita
"small is the word."
smallest room I've stayed in. It felt like a closet. There was only enough room to walk around the bed and into the bathroom. I thought I was in Tokyo. I've stayed in rooms twice that size in DC for less. The room was clean. It was only 3 blocks to the metro. There are good places to eat nearby.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments. In the future, I would recommend that you request a room in our South Wing at the time of check in as these rooms are considerably larger than the standard room and offer more closet space. You can also book room with two double beds, where there is also more space to move around if you plan to spend more time in the room. Hopefully, these tips will help to make your next stay with us more comfortable.
3 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
Joshua
"Serviceable."
Our stay was fine, completely unremarkable, and I am not saying this as a bad thing. The water pressure in the shower was a little low, but serviceable. There was a coffee machine in the room and some coffee which was ... serviceable. it was the cheapest room we could find and it worked just fine.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that you found us to be a good value. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Sorin
"Waste of money"
Terrible! The place is too small too many rooms and not enough parking! Continental breakfast was boil eggs, bread, cold cereal, cups of activia yogurts, and coffee. I felt like I was in prison. I don't understand why hotel.com charged me 198.00 and they showed on my bill $148. Where's the additional $50 at. It was terrible, will never stay here again or use hotel.com again.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay at our hotel. We realize that finding ample free parking in an urban setting can be challenging. We do not charge to park on our premises. And, since we realize we may not always be able to accommodate every guest on premises, we pay for a portion cost to park in the metered lot directly across the street from the hotel, which makes the cost very competitive with the other hotels in Bethesda. In addition, although we try to offer a wide variety of items on the breakfast, we are always willing to accommodate special needs for breakfast, such as dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, etc. We just need a little advance notice if you have these requirements so that we can ensure we have the items available for your visit. I hope that despite your initial impressions, that you found our hotel to be comfortable and welcoming and will try us again in the near future.
2 night trip Mar 6, 2015
Madeleine
"Respite during the storm"
The front desk was very helpful and accommodating. I requested a late checkout at the last hour and was granted the request no problem. I booked the stay during a storm in order to remain close to the nearby hospital until it was time to take a friend home after surgery. This hotel was heaven sent. I would stay here again and recommend the hotel to my friends. It was a very good price point for the area where there are lots of expensive hotels. This hotel was reasonably priced.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm glad to hear that you found our hotel to be a good value and good quality. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
1 night trip Mar 6, 2015
"Less than expected"
the staff was very friendly and the beds were comfortable and the room clean. however, parking is severely limited and as a result I never moved my car for fear of losing the spot. the toilet didn't flush right, the heat was lukewarm and the shower never got hot, no matter the time of day. I had requested a microwave online but had to ask for it again in person. breakfast was provided by a Mexican restaurant next door. WiFi was ok, but would drop out a few times a day, although it was decently fast. I've stayed at several other hotels on this block, and would go back to one of them as they didn't have the same issues and the few extra dollars a night would be worth it.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I appreciate the candid observations of your stay. I'm apologize for the service lapses you experienced. We work very hard to set a reasonable expectation regarding parking at the hotel. Although onsite parking is limited, we are the only hotel in Bethesda that has any free parking. Other hotels charge as much as $22 per night to park your car. And, we will supplement a portion of the cost to park offsite in the event there are no overnight spaces available on the premises. And, although the free breakfast is setup in a dining room in Guapo's, it is staged and managed by staff members of the hotel. It is standard American continental breakfast with hot items separate from the restaurant. I apologize for the problems you experienced. I hope that despite the problems, you will give us another opportunity to wow you in the future.
3 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Not so American"
My stay was not what I expected for the location. I was denied my prepay and ended up having to pay upon arrival. Then having to make calls to get money returned to me, which always takes longer than it took to take it in the first place. Now I am not sure if I want to continue to use hotel.com due to individual hotel policies. The room itself was unattractive, and not worth the hassle I had to go through.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I apologize for the billing difficulties you experienced. I'm sure these problems were very frustrating for you. I hope that we were able to bring the problem to a satisfactory resolution. I will share your experiences with our staff to underscore the importance of accurate billing for our guests. I hope that, despite the difficulties with the billing, that you will stay with again on your visit to Bethesda.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Shantel
"Great Rate!!"
Great rate! Will continue with those rates
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business!
1 night business trip Feb 21, 2015
"Good value for your dollar"
Had to find a hotel quickly during a recent storm. This is a good clean hotel although a bit dated. The beds were comfy but the room was drafty even though the heat was on high. Free breakfast was a nice bonus. Overall it was good value for your dollar.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. I'm happy that you found us to be a good value. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
"not good"
The room was very small, the heat unit roared all night kept us awake. Won't stay there again
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
We appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you found the room to be smaller than you expected. You were more than likely in one of our standard rooms. In the future, you can request a room in our South Wing, where the rooms are larger and with more closet and storage space. Although your stay was not the most pleasant during your last visit, I hope that you will try us again in the near future.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
wayne
"Satisfied"
It is within a short walk of downtown Bethesda, the metro stop and the USUHS campus where I was headed to. The rooms were very clean, the staff was helpful, there is a desktop available for printing, and sufficient on-site parking. I appreciated the number of availble electrical sockets too.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. I'm glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience at our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.
2 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Underwhelmed"
I went for a Medical School interview at USUHS. The shuttle was a hassle so I ended up taking a cab. There is no way to walk to the school. There is a bus stop nearby. The front desk clerk was not helpful at all. The breakfast was sparse. The room was not worth what they charge. If I would have known the hassle getting a shuttle I would have booked a cheaper room farther out and just taken the metro or found a hotel with a better shuttle service.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you had difficulty with our complementary shuttle service. Although I do not know the specific circumstances regarding the troubles you experienced, I can say that our shuttle is typically available Monday through Friday from 7am to 3pm. The service runs every half hour on the hour and goes within a 1 mile radius of the hotel. We normally ask that guests advise us in advance if they would like to use the service to avoid scheduling conflicts. However, we will make special arrangements outside of all of these parameters based on availability. I'm also puzzled and disappointed to hear about your experience with our front desk as we typically receive consistently positive feedback regarding our service delivery. I will be using your comments as a training tool with our to underscore the importance of creating a pleasant and welcoming experience for every guest. I apologize for all of the problems you encountered during your last visit. However, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the near future. We appreciate your business.
2 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
Would not hesitate to come again. better stay than I expected
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your kind comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit!
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Would come back for convenience"
the hotel is extremely convenient for my needs. If I had to pay for the breakfast I would say it was very lacking in variety and disappoint it but since it was free I can't complain. With that said I will definetly return.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Annie
"Nice, clean with many close amenities"
Happy with my stay. Coke machine was empty, kind of a bummer. Everything I needed supplied in the room. Good breakfast and excellent in-hotel restaurant with superb service. Lots of places to eat nearby.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I hope that you will visit us again in the near future. We appreciate your business.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Very bad not clean not friendly. I wouldn't reccoment it at all.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear that you did not completely enjoy your stay. We strive to create an environment that is warm and welcoming to our guests and visitors. I regret that we did not create that for you. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future to do that. Thanks for your business.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Chilly Night"
The hotel was convenient to make our 8:00 appointment. It was 17 degrees that night and the room didn't maintain the 78 degree set thermostat.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. I apologize for your problems with the room temperature. I'm sure this was very frustrating for you. Moving forward, we will ensure that we are creating a comfortable climate and welcoming environment for every guest. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.
1 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
"no title"
My stay was fine, I'll give it a 3.9 out of 5.Room was clean n cosy.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your response. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.
1 night trip Jan 1, 2015
Clyde
"Good Place to Stay"
This was our second stay over a Christmas holiday. The location is great. The metro station is about three blocks away. Free parking is a big plus. Breakfast is also free. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I didn't give top rating because one night when we returned my daughters room card didn't work and no one was at the desk for at least a half hour to help. The orange juice at breakfast is very watered down and the hot water for tea lukewarm. Little fixes that would make it my top place to stay.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your honest and candid feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you experienced. I have taken your feedback to our staff to ensure that we are improve the quality of our service and accommodations. I hope that you will try us again in the near future as we continue to improve.
4 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Decent hotel for the price & purpose"
I was in Bethesda on business so really just needed a convenient, clean place to sleep. For that it was a good value. Staff was excellent, friendly and helpful! Fitness facilities were adequate. Room was clean. It was a little small. Free breakfast in the AM was better than many free breakfasts.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your observations and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
JOhn
"No parking"
The hotel is a 3 star with the exception that there in very limited parking. They have maybe 15 spaces, first come first serve. the other guests have to park two blocks down in an open public parking lot with no security. I wont go back for that reason.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you unhappy with the parking situation at our hotel. Although on premise parking is limited, it is free to our guests, which unique to hotels in Bethesda, who charge upwards of $25 per night to park your vehicle on site. The overflow parking that we recommend is located one block away from the hotel. It is a lot with meters and is managed by the Montgomery County government, so it is very well lit and regularly patrolled by local law enforcement. And, although you are responsible for feeding the meter in the evening, if you are forced to park in the offsite lot over night, we will feed the meter for you from 7am to 10am to offset the cost and ease the pressure of having to rush down in the morning to avoid a parking ticket. Despite your negative experience with parking during your last visit, I hope that you try us again during your next visit to Bethesda.
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2014
"Not the same as pictures on hotel.com"
Overpriced for a older motel style hotel. Rooms entrances are outside of building . my room was #125 first floor , had to take stairs to second level for room #125 ?? Beds are very low and not comfortable . Shower has old style water controls . Free breakfast was not edible . Won't stay there agian unless I have to .
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you found the accommodations less than satisfactory. We have a small number or rooms that are accessed via an exterior corridor. These rooms are located in our South Wing and are perfect for guests staying for a longer amount of time since they are larger than most of our rooms with much larger closets. However, other than those differences, we offer the same features and amenities to all of our rooms. I apologize for your dissatisfaction. However, I hope that you will try our hotel again in the near future to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
4 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
Kurt
"Terrified"
Staff entered our room unannounced at 10:30pm to retrieve a fan left there by housekeeping. Did not call first! We were terrified. No recompensation offered. Simply aweful experience. Do not stay here.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your comments. I am shocked to hear your account of what happened during your stay. It is unacceptable for a staff member to enter an occupied guest room unannounced. I apologize for this negative experience. I also want to reassure you that this is not a common occurrence and is not condoned by the management of the hotel. Please rest assured that we will thoroughly investigate this issue and take steps to ensure this does not happen again.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Jo
"Close to D.C."
The hotel was ok, but there were issues with my room. The shower head did not work properly and the water was freezing cold for a least three to four minutes before it got hot. I explained this to the staff, but nothing was done. The place was decent, but this was my big issue and I wouldn't stay here again.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I apologize for the problems that you experienced with the hot water. I know how frustrating it must have been to have these issues. I will have our maintenance staff to investigate this problem to find a solution so that future guests do not have the same experience. I hope that despite the issues, you will try us again in the future. We appreciate your business.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Justin
"Walking distance to NIH"
Pros: Half mile walking to NIH. Room has free Wifi and USB charging ports and other standard stuffs. Free breakfast. Has a couple nice restaurants nearby. Mattress is firm. Cons: hot water is barely warm, and take a long time to get. Carpet is dirty. Room is small. Breakfast juice taste terrible.
Sam
"Reasonable price"
It was a cheapest hotel i had searched. It was not bad hotel but little old. Has some problem with bathroom.
"Nice and cozy, but parking is disastrous"
I liked it, it was nice and cozy and clean. It had it's basics, one thing I absolutely hated was the parking. It was tiny and I think me and the other guests at the hotel felt that tiny parking garage which was stood by pillars was going to cause me a car collision. I understand that it would be really difficult to renovate the parking, and it was the only qualm I had while I stayed there.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I appreciate your comments. I'm glad that you found our hotel to clean and comfortable. We make a concerted effort to create a safe and comfortable parking experience for our guests. We have a limited number of spaces available directly on the premises. However, there is additional ample and spacious parking available only a few steps away from the hotel in a well lit public lot. While the offsite lot is not free, we will offset a portion of the cost to make easy and convenient for our guests. If you have specific concerns regarding parking during your next visit, please see the front desk for assistance. Thanks for your business and we look forward to your next visit.
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
The girl who checked us in was great. She was so helpful and gave us good tips on where to eat and how to get around town. She also gave us ideas on tours and seeing the sights. I wish I would have told her she did a great job. The second day there was a older man (night supervisor?) at the counter who sent the shuttle bus away with out having us get on even though we checked in with him, were standing there and had our room number on the clip board for shuttle service to NIH in the morning. He was crabby and acted like we and other guests were bothering him. There was a very nice young man who came up and helped us because I kept looking at my husband because the older man's English was not that good. They young man called a taxi and shuttle bus and got us to our destination quickly. He was so nice, helpful, smiled and I was so glad he took over for the older man. Thanks young man with the crazy hair cut. I loved that wild rocker band hair. LOL
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
Denise
"you get what you pay for"
The Hot Water didnt work.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear that you had problems with the hot water during your last stay. I can appreciate how frustrating it must have been for you to not have hot water when you needed it. I apologize for the difficulties. I will share your comments with our engineering staff and have them to further investigate to ensure we are providing hot water to every guest .
1 night trip Nov 7, 2014
Justin
"Appreciated a change to room on elevator side"
Great location close to resturants metro buses shuttle Experience was great
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
We're glad to hear that you found location and accommodations comfortable. We look forward to your next visit.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"nice and clean"
have stayed here before and find it comfortable as usual. friendly staff and hotel is conveniently located near NIH, in fact, walking distance.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Not recommended"
Outside of its location and price, I do not recommend this hotel. Upon my arrival, there was no one available at the front desk (had a sign up that said "Will be back soon"), and I wound up waiting for nearly 1/2 an hour! It's not a good feeling having to wait around for a room that has been booked and paid for after traveling for hours! Then, to make matters worse, my room was freezing! The hotel only has centralized heat/air, with no thermostats to set the temperature in the room. So there I was, freezing in a strange hotel room on a cold night in mid-October! I called the front desk, and the hotel clerk (the same one who wasn't around when I arrived to check in) told me he could bring me some blankets! When he arrived, I asked him to judge for himself whether the room was too cold/uncomfortable. He agreed that it was, and said that he would locate a space heater for me. Guess what? That never came! After a couple of hours, I went down to the front desk and explained the situation to a different hotel clerk who was on duty, and he FINALLY found me a space heater and brought it to my room. Other issues were that the hot water for the shower barely rose above lukewarm, and the continental breakfast left a lot to be desired (but at least it was offered). I will only stay at this hotel in the future as a last resort, as Bethesda is an ideal location for my travel needs to the DC area.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience during your recent stay with us. I can appreciate how frustrating it must have been to be delayed upon your arrival at the hotel. We will need to review our protocols to ensure that we are always providing the highest levels of service to our guests. Our sign does instruct our guests to pick up the house phone in order for immediate assistance. However, this obviously could have been more clear. I apologize for the inconvenience. I also apologize for the climate in your room. We are in a transitional season currently, which often can result in huge fluctuations in temperature from day to day. This can sometimes make it difficult for us to always maintain a comfortable temperature in our guest rooms and public space without the help of some external systems such as space heaters and fans. We closely follow weather and climate conditions in our area in an effort to provide a level of comfort in our guest rooms that guests expect. I'm sorry that we fell short of our goal during your stay. I hope that, despite the problems you encountered, that you will try us again in the future and give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations with our exceptional service and great value. Thanks for your business.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"two night stay"
Great beds - run down room and bathroom
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that you found the condition of your room to be less than satisfactory. We work to provide the best quality accommodations and service to our guests at a best value in Bethesda. I will share your comments with our maintenance and housekeeping staff to ensure we are exceeding our guest's expectations for every guest stay. I apologize for the problems you encountered and hope that you will try us again in the near future as we work to improve. Thanks for your business.
3 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
"Good basic hotel"
A good basic hotel. Room was clean and quiet. Hot water & coffee are available all day in the lobby. The free breakfast needs healthier choices. But the Woodmont Deli is a few doors away and has great breakfast options for the diet conscious.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our breakfast and are always open to suggestions and feedback that will help us to improve. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
4 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
Excellent location in Bethesda. 10 minute walk to NIH, metro and restaurant. Bed really comfortable. Fair breakfast. It had free wifi.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your kind words. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014