All hotels in Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here8130 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD, 20814, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice hotel."
It was pleasant experience. Things were nice and clean.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I glad you found the hotel to be clean. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to provide every guest with a clean, well organized room. We hope that you will try us again during your next visit to Bethesda.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Manoj
"Excellent, helpful Front Desk staff"
Front Desk staff, Dipshan & Adeline, were very helpful getting Handicapped Rooms that met my needs. Greet returning guests by name. Rooms needed to be checked for plumbing and drape repairs. Great area- near our daughter's home.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm glad that our staff exceeded your expectations. I also appreciate your feedback regarding the room condition and will address them with our maintenance and housekeeping staff to ensure they resolving any problems before a guest discovers them. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Marjorie
"A nice find"
This was a wonderful hotel for the price. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Although the hotel is in a walking distance to/from the Bethesda metro and many good restaurants in the neighborhood, there is a free shuttle service that runs around the center of the town every 15 minutes from early morning to late night. The nearest shuttle stop is right across from the hotel's back entrance. Very convenient when you are going to the metro with your suitcase, do not feel like walking alone at night (even if this is a safe neighborhood) or in the rain. We were very happy with our three-night stay and will likely use this hotel again in the future.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks so much for your comments. I'm glad that our location work well for you. I'm also glad that you took advantage of our close proximity to the Bethesda Circulator bus stop. Keep in mind that, in addition to this great free service, the hotel also operates a shuttle that runs within a 1 mile radius of the hotel on weekdays. We hope that you will stay with us again.
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"too pricy for what it is"
pretty old hotel, the carpet was stinking
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear that our accommodations did not meet your expectations during your last visit. We have made numerous improvements to the hotel over the past few months to ensure we are providing the best quality accommodations and best value to our guests. I will be sure to discuss your concerns of cleanliness with our housekeeping department to ensure we are providing a clean room to every guest. I hope that you will try us again in the near future as we work to improve. Thanks for your feedback.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
Marco
"Great beds."
This hotel is clean, well-located, has free parking and best of all, has a tremendously helpful and cheerful staff. The American is no resort, but that's not why I visit Bethesda anyway. Convenient to he metro and a great selection of local, fabulous dining choices.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. I hope that you will select our hotel on your next visit to Bethesda.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Sabrina
Was closest hotel to Walter Reed National Military hospital we could find. Happy we stayed.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for commenting on our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you appreciated our proximity to the Walter Reed Medical Center complex, as we are the closest. I hope that our accommodations and service also exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your business.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
They need to have the hot water on and a little warmer or put a note in the room showing the times you can get hot water.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear that you experienced challenges with the hot water during your last stay. It is our goal to exceed our guest expectations. We obviously fell short of that goal during your stay. I will make sure that our hot water is set at the highest level allowed to prevent other guests from experiencing this same issue in the future. Please accept our apologies for the troubles. I hope that you will stay with us again to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
irwin
"Staff very nice and helpful"
Location very good for our travel,
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
We're glad to hear that you appreciated our location. Thanks for your comments.
5 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
"Nice hotel in really nice neighborhood"
nice rooms, friendly staff, it's a quiet place in good neighborhood
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your kind words. We appreciate your business!
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Fine option in Washington dc area"
Relatively inexpensive and perfect for our needs. Room quite small but with good convenirnces. Parking a plus. Breakfast simple but adequate particularly since we were off to a big lunch in town. Good experience
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your feedback. It's great to hear that you found the breakfast and parking to be a good value. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
Mark harris
a marginal hotel with terrible food. Eat next door at Double Tree.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sad to hear that you did not find our complimentary breakfast adequate for your needs. We attempt to provide a variety of options (at no charge to our guests) that can accommodate most dietary and personal preferences. We can even accommodate special needs if we have advance notice. However, we do have some logistical limitations that can make it difficult for our buffet-style breakfast to compete with a cooked-to-order served breakfast that you would purchase at a restaurant, like those at some other hotels. Our hope is to provide a quality, economical breakfast option that guests can use to start their day. If you have special items you would like to see available during your next stay, please feel free to let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your request. We appreciate your business and hope that you will try us again in the near future.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2014
R. Zyne
Room was at the end of the hall with a view of the alley; poor windows allowed all the noise, including garbage pickup at 5 am to be loudly heard. The room was not serviced for the second day that I stayed there. The bathroom was exceedingly small.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear that you experienced problems with street noise and housekeeping service. For your information, we can offer rooms in quieter parts of building upon request, which you can do either in advance or when you arrive at the hotel. Furthermore, I apologize that we failed to provide housekeeping service to you. I will discuss your experience with our housekeeping staff to ensure we are providing service all guests. I appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your concerns. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future so that we can exceed your expectations.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Room was way too small for the price. Hotel and room was getting long in the tooth.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were not happy with the quality, condition and size of your hotel room. Keep in mind that we have a limited number of larger rooms, some with king and double beds, which may better suit your needs during your next visit. Please let us know if you have any special requests for your next stay with us. We appreciate your business.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
"Good deal for the price"
My stay here served my main purpose of being within walking distance to the Bethesda Metro. I like the neighborhood for the most part, and it feels safe especially in the daytime. As far as the hotel was concerned, it was pretty average. As noted by previous reviewers, the room was quite small. The shower in my took a LONG time to get hot (and never really did). However, the room was otherwise quite comfortable and quiet. The continental breakfast buffet left much to be desired, but at least it was free. I would not rule out staying here again, but will continue to search for better deals in the same area.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I appreciate your honest feedback. I'm sorry that you ran into problems with the hot water. I will address these problem with our engineering department to make sure we are providing providing adequate hot water to every guest, every day. I hope that, despite this problem, you will stay with us again in the near future.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Nice Hotel to Stay"
Very good hotel according to the price. Employees are very polite and supportive. I was very satisfied during the five days I stayed there.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm glad to hear that your stay with us was a success. I hope that we can accommodate you again in the near future. Thanks for your comments and your business.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Carlos
"Location Location Location"
This hotel is about right for a $65 to $80 room just about anywhere else in the country -- but it's location raises it's bar - it's convenient to where we are doing business -- and there is quite a little city, Bethesda, Maryland with all the Big city fixins largely within walking range -- there are multitudes of places to eat with in 3 blocks and Nirvana starts about a quarter of a mile down the road. - To be honest, all of the hotels in the area (there are many) are way over priced -- we had spotty service at best in our room and the free breakfast offering was not reliable -- one day it would be good and the next day with a different set up person it was lousy -- one big plus Guapo Mexican Restaurant is attached to the hotel -- it's great!
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that our location and balance of quality and value worked for you. I will share your observations regarding our free breakfast (the only one in Bethesda) with our staff to ensure that the quality of our service and offerings remains high 7 days a week. We appreciate your business.
3 night business trip Sep 1, 2014
"Difference"
Our stay there was great. The front desk gentleman was nice and very helpful. He directed us to different locations a movie theater and and great breakfast spot seeing as we missed out on the free breakfast we enjoyed our stay there in our clean room
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. I'm glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"a very good location. Very close to metro"
it was good. Convenient, clean, and quite
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to your next visit with us.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Great price"
Room was smaller then expected but place was clean & cozy. Staff were helpful & nice
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for your kind words and honest observations.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Not too Shabby"
The room was very small. Parking was free if there was a spot. The front desk people were all very nice! Great location. Close to Metro station and restaurants.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on Expedia. We appreciate your honest observations and I'm glad that you found our service and location to be of good value. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
3 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
BGribbs
"Good for the price"
The hotel itself was fine and very good for the money. Parking was a serious challenge and the spaces are not set up well and very limited. The room was small but comfortable and the staff was friendly. Not well marked either, could use more visible signage.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I appreciate your comments. Your observations are very helpful and we working to improve our overall guest experience. I'm glad to hear that you found our property to be a good, comfortable value. We look forward to your next visit.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"almost perfect!"
We stayed at a lot of hotels on our trip, and this one was hands down the best! The only downside was the courtesy shuttle didn't start running early enough to get us to the metro by 7, but it was only a 15 minute walk away so not a big deal at all!
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
4 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
"No Parking available"
Overall, my stay was fine. I took issue with the bad attitude desk worker wearing his sunglasses, like he was so cool kid. It was inappropriate and he came off completely rude and like I was in his house. I was shocked to hear I had to put quarters in a parking meter! I had to park over night across the street! I was completely confused when I got there. I would have expected some kind of valet service but there was no guest parking. So, I did all my errands, got my dinner for the night and parked my car at dusk because I'm not walking across the street after dark as a woman. No thanks. Would I suggest this hotel, sure. It was overpriced and old, nothing fancy about it. I could have stayed at the Marriot down the street for same price and got better service and value for your money. but overall it was clean and in a decent area. I think there was a few spots to eat around the hotel.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear that you encountered problems with parking when you arrived at the hotel. We have focused on setting a reasonable expectation of parking for our guests on our website and through all partner websites, as well. However, we obviously fell short of doing that for you during your last stay. I am also surprised and sorry to hear your comments about our staff as we typically receive very high remarks about the quality of our service. I will share your comments with our staff to ensure that we are always providing helpful, attentive and pleasant service to every guest. Thanks for taking the time to talk about your stay with us.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"The American Inn is okay."
The location is perfect and the staff is very pleasant. The parking lot will hold about 8 -10 cars. If you are lucky, you can park your car at the hotel. There is free public parking on the weekends only across the street. The sheets smelled like bleach, the furniture was dusty, the microwave was missing, the shower was not very clean. The hotel is NOT dirty, but they could do better with the cleaning.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
We appreciate your candid and honest observations regarding our hotel. I have addressed your concerns with the cleanliness of the hotel with our housekeeping staff to ensure that they are consistently exceeding our guest's expectations of cleanliness. A clean room is a fundamental element of staying at a hotel. Anything short of this is unacceptable. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future as we work to improve.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Started out terrible!"
It started out terrible. We got there and they were doing construction. Our room was super small, the head of the bed was tilted downward. The construction worker sounded like they were going to come through the door with all the . There was a bad smell on the elevator (smelled lime a dead rotten). They did change our room which made it a little better. But will not go back.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I apologize for the problems you experienced while you were here with us. We have been in the process of refreshing our guest rooms and public space, including the elevator, over the past few months. We have been working hard to make our guests as comfortable as possible during this process. I'm sorry to hear that we failed to do that for you during your stay. But, rest assured that we have heard your concerns and I have addressed them with our staff to ensure we are taking steps to protect the quality of the guest experience for every guest. Although your last visit with us was not great, I hope that you will try us again in the near future to see how we have improved. I am confident that you will be pleasantly surprised.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Rob
"Worth the $"
near great restaurants, felt safe enough to walk to Metro Station alone in the morning, nice buffet in the morning all in all I would stay again.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your business. I'm happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and our location. We look forward to your next visit to Bethesda and hope that you will choose our hotel for your accommodations.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Front Desk so helpful"
Has 2 Handicapped Accessible rooms, with walk in shower + shower seat, which meets my specific needs.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again in the near future!
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Goldberg
"not a great place"
I picked the hotel because of free parking.I also wanted a clean place. I arrived at 10pm after a 12 hour drive of being stuck in traffic to be told I would have to park in one of the public parking lots because they were going to repave their garage. There were spaces available in the first floor of the garage the one night I was there and did not notice any paving happening during the night. So they could have let us park for the night? I was moving my daughter to college and had a car full of stuff. Not mention having to carry our stuff back and forth for about a block to the car. The wifi did not work in the room even given the password. One of the sheets had what looked like nail polish stain on it. The room smelled funny every time the air conditioner came on. Plus they were working on the fire alarm and could not use the elevator. I would probably not stay here again.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you experienced during your stay with us. The changes we have undergoing are meant to improve the guest experience and guest safety. However, it's obvious that our progress came at a heavy cost, which was the quality of your stay and experience at our hotel. It is also unacceptable that the room was not clean to your expectations. I will be sharing your comments with our entire housekeeping staff to give them perspective on our guest observations so they will see our hotel through the guest's eyes. I apologize for the problems. I'm sure that the challenges you experienced were very frustrating. However, I hope that, despite these problems, you will try us again soon to see our improvements and enhancements. Thanks again for your comments and thanks for your business.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Bonnie
"Great for the money"
A great bang for the buck. Friendly staff. Rooms were clean and comfortable.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your business!
ben
Breakfast ended too early and we weren't told the breakfast schedule during check-in
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your helpful feedback. I will address your concerns regarding our ability to provide the information to our guests that they need to make your stay a success. I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to sample our wonderful breakfast. Hopefully our staff provided you with a few satisfactory alternate options for breakfast. Despite this set back, I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We look forward to your next visit to Bethesda.
"Very nice stay"
Staff helpful. We would definitely stay again on our next trip to area.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit to Bethesda.
2 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2014
"Very surprised"
I had read some reviews about this hotel after we booked.it. some of the reviews were not too good so I was a little concerned. Pleasantly surprised..the room was very clean, staff were very helpful and the breakfast was delicious! No complaints. Will recommend.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of the American Inn with Expedia. I'm glad that our accommodations met and exceeded your expectations. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Denise
"Road trip...Washington DC"
The hotel is within walking distance from restaurants, shopping, transportation and about 20mins away from DC. You get inside the lobby and the concierge greets you properly and will answer any questions to the best of their knowledge. Get your keys and got to your room, open the door and you can smell is clean also comfortable. Im kinda OCD so I checked the top of the tv and mirror, light fixtures etc and there was very little to no dust. Took a swim at the pool which has a lifeguard. Pool was clean and do not smelled like chlorine at all like many other places. HOT BREAKFAST !!! theres some night life around on the weekends. PARKING is limited but have in mind..is one of the few hotels with parking.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future. Thanks for your business!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Angel
"Nice staff and comfortable room"
The people at the desk were very helpful and informative. But we arrived after a very long drive and were not permitted an early check in
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. We appreciate your recent stay with us. Although we make every attempt to accommodate every request, unfortunately, we are not always able to accommodate every request for early check in as this is based on availability. But, I hope that you had a satisfying and comfortable stay, despite the delay in checking in. We hope that you will choose our hotel again during your next visit to Bethesda.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
college tour
"Disappointment"
Upon our arrival, we were given a room with one bed however, I had booked a room with 2 beds. After 40 minutes, I was moved to a larger handicapped room for the same rate. Hotel smelled musty, carpet felt dirty and air conditioning was difficult to monitor. Traveled with my granddaughter. She was disappointed that the hotel pool closed at 8 pm. We generally did not return to the hotel from our sightseeing adventures until 7:30 p.m. or later. As a result, she was able to use the pool a couple of times out of a 5 night stay.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I apologize for the problems you encountered during your visit. We will take a look at our pool hours to reassess if we are providing this amenity at the time when guests most want to use it. We are also working to improve our our accommodations and raise our level of service. Although I realize you were not completely satisfied during your last stay, please know that we have heard your observations and are taking steps to improve. Thanks for your business!
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Tammie
"Great Service, Very clean good Room"
The American Inn is a good value with clean rooms, great location and exceptional staff. I, unfortunately, arrived MUCH later than planned...about 2:30am! And the gentleman at the front desk was not only very polite, but was very helpful with information about parking, and getting me checked in. Looked out for me while I parked my car across Wisconsin Ave., and paid a parking fee a little extra so I could sleep in. The day shift staff was also excellent, with friendly, very quick responses to any and all concerns. Yes, the hotel is a little older, but I personally hold cleaniness and customer service in much higher regard to new fixtures. I wll definitely be staying at at the American Inn again when in Bethesda, MD, and will recommend it to friends and family. Thanks again
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. I'm glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your last visit with us. We look forward to your next stay.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Rosa
"Only if you need a cheap room"
Was looking for a reasonable hotel for a quick one night stay to drop my daughter off at a conference. Pictures on Expedia looked nice. The hotel is really run down. Needs a major face lift. The room smelled funny. The lobby smelled too. The pool was ok but not very aesthetically pleasing. Looked like some construction/restoration is going on but not enough fast enough. Breakfast was only passable as it was edible but not really enjoyable. Not much to pick from and food was not very tasteful. The positive is that the staff was very friendly and nice. And there is a good amount of information about the hotel and the surrounding neighborhood. Lack of information has been my complaint at other hotels. In its current condition, I would not recommend it to anyone.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear that you did not completely enjoy your stay. As you noted, we are making considerable improvements to the quality of the accommodations and service at our hotel. I appreciate your honest observations regarding the pool and breakfast. We will try to build on your suggestions to raise the level of service and quality of amenities. Thanks for your business.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
The hotel is in need of some upgrades and renovation work. Sepcifically the bathroom and mattress'. It was good for our one night stay. Close to good food and metro within walking distance.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. We are constantly working to improve our service and amenities. Although we failed to exceed your expectations during this most recent visit, I hope that you will try our hotel again in the near future. Thanks for staying with us.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Your average hotel just outside of DC"
The day of check-in I arrived early to the town that the hotel was located in. Naturally, I wanted to see if the hotel had any rooms that were ready for early check in so that I could at least put my things in the room before heading out for the day. However, I tried to call the hotel 5-10 times throughout a 2 hours period and never once got an answer. The first number which was listed just rang endlessly while the second number listed (on the hotel's site) provided just an answering machine. After awhile I decided to just go to the hotel early and see if I could check in early. After a few minutes of standing at the counter, the attendant arrived and was very nice. I do not believe that he personally is at fault for not answering the phone or anything, but I do believe that any hotel should have at least two attendants, especially during a holiday weekend (I stayed during the 4th-9th of July). He informed me that I could check-in early but not until 2 o'clock which was fine since I was there prior to noon. He did give me a parking pass prior to check-in which did allow me to at least park my car while I found something to do for several hours until I could check in. (All staff that I interacted with at the hotel were nice people, I just believe that certain areas were understaffed, despite the hotel being rather small.) The hotel had very limited parking, about 8 spaces inside of a garage and about another 8 outside, i always found a spot. The breakfast was good.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the difficulties you experienced with reaching the hotel prior to your arrival. I understand how frustrating this must have been for you. I am reassessing our call handling procedures as well as verifying that we have the correct phone number listed on our website and throughout the web in general. Also, I'm sorry that we were not able to check in your reservation as early as you desired. Our staff makes every attempt to accommodate all guest requests. However, occasionally it can difficult to honor every request based on our availability. I glad to hear that we were able to provide a satisfactory solution by allowing you to park your car early. We also offer baggage assistance as an alternative it you arrive to the hotel earlier than our normal check in time. It's good to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. We're glad that you chose the American Inn and we look forward to your next visit to the Bethesda area.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"I'm glad that I chose American Inn"
Had been there early. But the hotel staff provided me with the parking pass. Helped me with the instructions to find the subway, which is 7 blocks away from the Inn, so that I could go to DC and pass my time. The best thing is that the parking is Free as mentioned and the complimentary breakfast is awesome. The pool is quite small and indoor. But you would hardly find anybody in the pool. The reason is: the Inn itself is cool 24hrs. Their cooler system is great. I feel like frozen unless I turn the cooler OFF in the middle of the night. The whole hallways and corridor is cool. Even if you are bound to go to the pool, I bet you will change your idea as soon as you are inside the INN. Can order food from nearby restaurants but you have to go to the front desk to pick it up as it comes in. You have Nepalese, Indian, Tibetan and Mexican restaurants close by. Grocery store is across street. The subway is 7 hocks away and is not that far since the blocks are shorter. About 10 minutes walk for a regular walk. If you walk faster like of a Newyorkers, it may take you only 4 to 5 minutes to reach to the subway. If you are in the train, it will take about 15 minutes to get to the Metro Center, DC and from there it will take about 3 minutes to get to the Smithsonian, the National Mall. The trains are fast and comfortable and run 24/7. On the weekends the trains may run in the interval of 15 minutes, otherwise faster.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you found our staff and accommodations to be well executed and maintained. Thanks for your business and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Bethesda!
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Puru
"Ok hotel for the price"
I had a nice stay overall. I just wish they had vacuumed the carpet and the bathroom floor. It looks like they made the beds and forgot to vaccuum.I am assuming this is not a normal thing though. There was a fridge in the room but the only microwave is on the 3rd floor. The guy at the front desk was very nice and answered any questions I had when I was checking in.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. It is unacceptable that the room did not meet your standards of cleanliness and condition. I apologize specifically for the condition of the floor in your room. I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff to underscore the importance of providing a clean, quality guest room for every guest. Also, for your information, we have microwave ovens available to our guests which we can place in your room. You can always contact the front desk for more information on availability. Thanks for your business!
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Very average hotel."
The bed was comfortable and the bath room was clean and fine. Breakfast room was fine, and the server was very polite. However, the room was not ready at 3:00 PM check in time. I arrived early at 1:30 PM and had to wait for the room to be cleaned and at 3:00 it was still not cleaned. The stairway going up to the room was not clean. That did not help the appearance of the hotel, and when you entered the stairway it was like a dump. Parking was fine, even though not enough room on the premises.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that the room was not ready by 3pm as you expected. I understand how frustrating this can be especially if you have a pending appointment. Our staff will make every effort to accommodate our guests, especially when we are not able to meet reasonable expectations. We obviously fell short of this goal with your stay. I apologize for the delay and will be using your comments to show our staff the importance of keeping our guests informed and delivering on expectations we have set for every guest.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
S
"Good location without being in DC"
The service was great. Parking is free which unique in this area but very limited. Maybe 25 spots but they will try and find a spot for you if lot is full. Breakfast is buffet and very weak but free so cannot complain too much. It is a good hotel in a good location but needs some updating. Many good restaurants within 1-3 blocks. Would stay there again.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you were happy with our service. And, although our on-site parking is limited, these space are free which is unique to any other hotel in Bethesda. There is also ample parking available in very close proximity to the hotel. We are currently going through a complete refresh of the entire building including public space, interior and guest rooms, which should help to meet and exceed our guest expectations. Thanks again for your comments and we appreciate your business.
3 night trip Jun 24, 2014
Brad
Pricey and well located but not very clean
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear that you were not happy with the cleanliness and condition of our hotel. We are working feverishly to improve and enhance the appearance and condition of our property. We have made changes to the exterior and interior of the building. We are also working to raise our service and cleanliness standards to ensure we are exceeding the expectations of our guests. I apologize for your negative experience and want to reassure you that your comments have not fallen on deaf ears. I hope that, despite your last experience, you will give our hotel another try on your next visit to Bethesda as we work to raise our level of service.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"Family Reunion"
I really enjoyed the American Inn. Its location was very convenient to both parks where our family reunion was held. The staff was very nice, the breakfast was enjoyable and we slept well. Parking was ok, but could have been better. It was cool that we parked across the street after 10pm on Friday night and had free parking all weekend. I will definitely stay at the American Inn again.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you taking the time to write about you experience at our hotel. We were happy to host you and your family at our hotel and are glad to hear that our accommodations met your expectations. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
LaWanda
VERY NICE STAY. COMFORTABLE BED, NOT THE USUAL ROCK HARD MATTRESS MOST PLACES SEEM TO HAVE. ROOM HAD CENTRAL TYPE HEATING/AC, WHICH MEANT NO NOISY IN-ROOM UNIT WAKING YOU UP EVERY TIME IT CAME ON.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your honest and specific feedback on your recent stay at the American Inn. I'm happy that you found the mattress and central air conditioning comfortable. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Adequate and convenient"
Hotel was adequate for our needs. Room was clean and quite with comfortable beds. Breakfast was adequate. Hotel close to metro NIH and restaurants. Staff friendly and helpful.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thanks for your comments. It is our goal to exceed our guest expectations regarding our service and amenities. I'm glad that our staff had a positive impact on our stay. We hope that you will consider the American Inn again on your next visit to Bethesda.
4 night family trip May 22, 2014
"Perfect Location"
I absolutely loved it. I had to rent because of an issue where I live and was quite pleased when I arrived. The staff was very helpful and the comp breakfast was a great start for the day. Food was fresh and the gentleman attending to guest there was top notch. I would definitely stay there again. Parking is a little scarce but there is plenty of on street parking and no worries the neighborhood is one of DC's nicest and safest. Short walk to downtown Bethesda and the Metro and lot's of great dinning and shopping near by. I would definitely stay again and as a matter of fact I will be using this place as my escape. No issues with the room. Small but very cute and comfortable like my girlfriend said...... I stayed there a total of the nights and have no complains what so ever.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you very much for your comments. I'm happy to hear that our accommodations and location met and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2014
Pedro
"2 night stay that was not the best"
when we checked into our room the air-conditioner was not working so as we were leaving out for dinner we asked the front desk to have the maintenance person please go fix while we were gone - when we came back it was still not fixed so I asked to have another room but they were sold out. Then the front desk guy came up to try to see if he could get the windows open but we could only get the corners to pop out and we put shoes in the windows to hold it open. The next day they did get us another room but we had to take everything out of our room for the day and leave in the car all day until we came back. Front desk lady said that they will have to clean our old room and will need to rent it out - I told her why rent something that is broke. She didn't seem to care - I thought we would get some kind of compensation for not having air but it didn't happen. Also they said they have free parking - yeah - they have maybe 12 parking spots - good luck !!!
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
I'm sorry to hear about the complications you experienced with the Air Conditioning. It's obvious that we dropped the ball with your issue and were not able to resolve the faulty A/C in a timely manner. I can understand how frustrating this must have been for you. I have shared your comments with our entire staff to ensure they understand the importance of responsiveness and empathy in responding to guest issues. Please accept by deepest apologies. Although I cannot change this experience, please believe that we will take steps to prevent this type of situation from occurring again in the future.
Other trip May 27, 2014
jc
Hotel appears to be undergoing some improvements based on stuff in the hallway. Breakfast is a mix of hot and cold items. Some towels are thin.
Response by American Inn Of Bethesda
Thank you for your feedback. We are currently refreshing our guest rooms and will be making other changes to the public space in the near future. We hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and will choose the American Inn for your future accommodations in Bethesda.
4 night trip with friends May 18, 2014