All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
300 Pacific St, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Old, very old facility"
Everything in the room and in the hotel is old. Knobs, fixtures, bed etc...Old is different than "traditional look". It may look antique but it should not be from 30 years ago. The AC did not work. The bed was extremelly soft and the room isn't sound proof so I could hear the people from upstairs the entire night. I survived but would not recommend this hotel for anyone. It attracted forst because it had a promotion, original price was $1000 per day and 3 rooms were left for $230. Big mistake. There is a Mariott right in front which looks much nicer
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Ed
"Not quite holding up"
I stayed here about 12 years ago when I got engaged and they just haven't quite kept the place up. Needs maintenance and some nicer amenities for what they charge. Nice enough hotel but not a premium hotel. Get away with a lot because of the wonderful location
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"great stay"
One of the best hotels ive stayed at. The staff was very friendly and helpful and we even got a free upgrade to A suite. I would definetly stay here again!
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
"Nice but needs some updating"
The room was nice but it needs some updating. They were working on remodeling the rooms in another building so unfortunately we stayed at one that was not remodeled. After remodel, it should be quite nice and then worth the price requested
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
debbie
"Great value and staff"
All ok, hotel is older and being remodeled. Room was large and I was upgraded to a king suite with nice porch and shower with separate bath room. Ceiling fan only had one speed High but it kept the room air moving. Staff were excellent and location is great.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear William, Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Hotel Pacific. I am very pleased to hear that my staff took good care of you and that your accommodations were adequate. I'm happy to inform you that with our renovations taking place one of the key points we took in consideration was the fan and have added a fan to every room with a four-speed setting.Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback and choosing to stay at the Hotel Pacific, we value your business.
2 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
WilliamF
"nice enough"
not pleased with the $20.00 parking per day at these prices you should NOT have to pay to park. Rooms need new carpet, the cleaning staff do and OUTSTANDING job with what they have to work with, it is clean but need new carpet you can only clean a thread bare carpet so much. Beds are comfortable and the rooms are nice, the wonderful lady who over sees the breakfast is so WONDERFUL!! what a plus she is to this hotel! so kind and so polite! Really makes the place shine and runs the breakfast like a 6 star restaurant thank you! Her boss needs to give her more to put out there. Like waffles, and better brand of coffee and better choice of tea. She is doing her job now you do your job. Did not enjoy being so close to the street WAY to noise. The key card would not let me in had to continue to take it in and out to many times before it would work and the awful metal scrapping noise at 12:15 A.M. was AWFUL!! but the front desk did not seem to know about it but all the guest heard it. Spending this much money I want it to be quite and the desk to know about those noises and to NOT pay for parking. One hot tub not working
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Great Value for Monterey"
This hotel is a great value in downtown Monterey. They are currently in the process of remodeling so it was a little dusty, noisy and cluttered but I stayed in an already remodeled room so it is worth the trouble. I will stay again here next time I attend an event at the next door Monterey Convention Center
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Louise, Thank you for choosing to stay with us and i clearly remember you, if I am not mistaken you had two rooms? Well, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and i really do apologize for the mess but i assure you that once we are 100% renovated it will pay off! thank you for being so understanding and we cannot wait to welcome you back!
4 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Louise
"Cozy hotel downtown."
Our room was really nice but don't be tricked by the snacks. Also read the fine print. Parking your car there while you sleep is not included in the price.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
lynn
"Hotel location"
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Marie
"good"
The location was great and the room was nice. The garage was kind of dank and smelled and you can hear a lot of noise from the neighbors who had kids.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
maria
"Great Location, Roomy and Clean!"
Just one night in between business and heading home. Will definitely return!
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Carla, Thank you for choosing Hotel Pacific for your business destination and we cannot wait to welcome you back!
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
Carla
"Big room"
Lovely room, but could have been cleaner. Great location nice staff. Good size room with nice balcony, separate shower, and gas fire place. Good place for family. Needs to be cleaned better, but not nasty.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Dr. Clifford, Thank you for you positive feedback and you are correct, it should be cleaner and we will go to the drawing board to work on ways to improve. Positive criticism like yours helps us work harder on improving our ultimate goal of being the best! For that reason we are grateful to have guests like yourself. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future, so you can see how good we have improved!
3 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Dr. Clifford
"Excellent Place to Stay!"
Last year I delayed a decision about traveling to a conference and stayed at the Hotel Pacific as it was near my venue while rooms on the venue site had been sold out. This year, I stayed there on purpose as my experience the previous year was so good. My most recent stay was excellent and the Hotel Pacific is my "go to" first choice for a place to stay when in Monterey.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Britta, We appreciate your business and cannot tell you how much we love having you hear! I am very pleased to hear that we are doing our job and making sure every stay is better than the previous. We hope you come back soon and see the new property when it's done, i hope you like it! take care and god bless.
2 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Britta
"Doing renovations, but nice location."
Good hotel, but the property is under renovation. Maybe wait three months and they will be ready.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Guest, As our renovations are underway we understand how frustrating it could be to be in the middle of it all, we do try our best to mask as much as we can to prevent our guest from having a disappointing stay. I apologize if this was the case but I believe entirely on this project assure you that our property will be like none other in the area and hope we can welcome you back to prove that! thank you again for taking the time to comment about your recent visit.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Nicel find"
Nice room, close to lots of good food only draw back leaking sewage in parking garage looked like it had been leaking for many days. Will stay again
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Paul, We cannot wait to have you back and I want to apologize for the awful image of the leaking pipes in the garage. We are renovating our entire property and we are doing it from head to toes. We have been doing lots of tests to see what needs to be done so we do not miss a thing! Thank you again for taking the time to comment about your recent visit to our property and we hope to see you soon!
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
paul
"Excellent choice"
Stayed 3 nights for family party elsewhere. Good Hotel, beds, breakfast good cold breakfast with hardboiled eggs. Walked to LuLu's for seafood omelet, excellent. We walked everywhere. Taxi from airport $15
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Dale, Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent visit to Hotel Pacific, it is always great to hear when our guest take full advantage of the amenities we have to offer. We hope that you come back for a visit soon!
3 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
DALE
"I wanted a room with two beds I only got one bed."
I wanted a room with two beds and only got one with two adults and one child The room service was bad when asked for more towels we had a call three times!!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"weekend in monterey"
had a great stay the staff was awesometake care of anything we neededthe continental breakfast was a little less shy from what we're used we definitely Will go back
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Nice location old rooms"
The needs to be updated (old old old)
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Guest, We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Hotel Pacific. We are very disappointed to hear that we were not up to your standards but are very excited to tell you that the Hotel Pacific is under renovations and will be bringing in a new look! We hope that the next time you visit Monterey you can pay us a visit and hear your feedback about the new look Hotel Pacific. -Front Office Manager
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
"pet-friendly and walk-friendly"
Really appreciated this local hotel's pet-friendly policy while I needed a place to stay with my cat while having to vacate my house for repairs. Friendly professional staff. Can't beat the location for walking anywhere- the room was very tastefully decorated and appointed.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Good afternoon Dawn, We are very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your accommodations under the circumstances, We try our best to serve all of our guest even if they are furry and four legged! Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback of your recent stay. -Front Office Manager
1 night trip Jan 18, 2015
Dawn
"Close to Fishermen's Wharf, renovating & updating"
Excellent location to wharf. Hotel is in the process of renovating one section at a time. No problems while we stayed. Some furniture in our room needed renovation and updating, but not that much of an issue. Breakfast selections good but could use a hot item like waffle machine or scrambled eggs. (There were hard boiled eggs along with muffins and breads, fresh fruit, cereal and juice/coffee.) Enough selection to be filling but nothing special.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Kate, Thank you for your feedback and as your headline states, we are in the process of updating and renovating our beautiful property. We are very excited to see Hotel Pacific be finalized and presented to all of our repeat guest and future guests! Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time out of your schedule to write about your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. -Front Office Manager
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Kate
"MLK weekend"
Good location, good hotel, very good price. Would stay again.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear David, We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Pacific in your most recent visit to Monterey. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our properties accommodations and location, we look forward to seeing you in the future! -Front Office Manager
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Always an amazing stay!"
This is a really quaint hotel. It reminded me of a villa in Puerta Vallarta. We stayed in January. I would love to try a summertime stay to enjoy the courtyard, Jacuzzi and outdoor patio.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Troy, It's always great to hear a comparison to Puerta Vallarta! Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Hotel Pacific and that you enjoyed your accommodations. We hope that you can make the time to visit us in the summer, take care. -Front Office Manager
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Troy
"Within walking distance to downtown & Cannery Row"
Overall, it was a good experience. The room was awesome - balcony area and courtyard view from our room was nice. They were doing upgrades on the facility while we were there, so it wasn't as "pretty" as it will be.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
BB
"Solid business overnight hotel"
Pros: location and rate, large room, fireplace, Cons: musty smell in bathroom, jacuzzi closed Neutral: included breakfast
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
"hotelpacific"
When we landed there on Christmas day they were short staffed. The breakfast on Dec 26 was over at 9:00am as they ran out of bagels. Otherwise the room was comfortable.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Viraj, I am very embarrassed to hear that our services were not up to par during your stay, i can guarantee you that we take customer service very seriously here at Hotel Pacific and to hear that we failed in any aspect it is a devastating blow. Thank you for your feedback and rest assured that we will work on this matter so that the next time you visit Monterey you can give us another opportunity to show you how good we really are.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Viraj
"Hotel Pacific @Monterey, CA"
Great location. Walking distance to downtown and Fisherman's Wharf. We like the working fireplace in our room. There is a wet bar with double coffee machine, refrigerator, and dinette sets, plus private patio for our use. Free WiFi. Parking is twenty a day, yuk!
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear David, We would like to thank you for staying with us on your most recent visit to Monterey. We at the Hotel Pacific strive to providing the best service we can possibly provide and to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations to the fullest puts a big smile on our faces! I understand how parking can be an unpleasant fee but i am happy to say that we are constantly upgrading amenities and offering a variety of complimentary services to keep a balance for all our guests satisfaction. We have recently upgraded our WiFi internet speed and with our renovations in place we will be upgrading a majority of our amenities so that the next time you visit Monterey, you can stop by and enjoy another pleasant stay at our lovely property!
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Walking distance to fisherman's wharf"
The room was okay, but the floors and carpets could be clean. It was sticky. Booked the hotel for 2 days wanted to change it to a day they would not refund for the day that we did not stay. Book this hotel only if you are 100% sure you will stay. . Don't expect too much out of breakfast. They had boiled eggs, muffins & Bagels.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Overall great"
Everything was amazing except I feel the hotel staff could have turned on the rooms heat for us before we got there. The room was cold and took a while to warm up. Other then that it was perfect
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Noe, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at Hotel Pacific. We are thrilled to hear that all was amazing on your visit and want to thank you for your constructive criticism, I think that turning on the heat on cold nights would be a wonderful idea and we will try an implement a system in the near future. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Monterey.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Noe
Hotel is very convenient and comfortable.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Great location, awful parking fees..."
Of course it is down near the wharf, but 57 a night including tax - a bit crazy. Beyond that the location is great and the staff all very friendly.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"A jewel of a hotel in Monterey!"
We went to Monterey for a family get-away after Christmas! We had 7 family members and 3 suites. We loved our suites (fire place with comfortable seating, bathroom with separate tub and shower, deck overlooking patio and water fountain), kitchen area, and wonderful included breakfast) We loved the convenience to the pier (which was awesome with it's stores and restaurants), aquarium, old down town with variety of restaurants, movie theatre and stores to shop in! Everything we needed was within walking from the hotel!
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Perfect for me, my husband, our two children, and our dog!
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay at our hotel, Hotel Pacific. We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay along with your four legged family member! Front Office Manager
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Family getaway first time visit"
This was our first time getting away with our daugters and dog. We picked Monterey and it did not disappoint.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Lynda, I am very pleased to hear that the city of Monterey satisfied your special time away from home! Thank you for choosing to stay at our facility, Hotel Pacific and we are happy that you and your family had a wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on you next special trip! Front Office Manager
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Lynda
"Excellent hotel, great location"
GREAT STAFF, did not have to ask, it was anticipated.They sent someone to locate a luggage cart, we did not have to wait around until one was returned.WE WERE ASKED IF WE NEEDED HELP, THEY CARED. The hotel has a nice ambience , ample parking and a very peaceful settting. Location is great for all points on the Peninsula.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
sylvia
"Nice but old hotel."
Place hasn't changed much in 25 years. Needs updating. Bed was very uncomfortable. Liked location and spacious rooms.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Guest, I am sorry to hear about the lack of comfort during you recent stay at Hotel Pacific. You are correct about the similarities from twenty-five years ago and i am happy to tell you that we are currently going through a major overhaul on the entire property. We hope that once it is complete you will give us another chance and come back to see the wonderful new additions we have added to our beautiful property! Front Office Manager.
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"Quick 1 night on way from SF to LA"
Great place to stay for 1 night. We drove from SF to LA
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
family of 5
"Nice but noisy"
the room was fantastic on the inside, but ever outside noise from the hall or from slamming room doors, which i believe slam due to the automatic closing function installed on the doors, on other floors shook the room and was an ongoing nuisance.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
steve
"The Wind Down"
Very relaxing though a bit noisy during naptime. Look forward to coming back soon.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Mary Jo
"Super comfortable! Friendly staff!"
Stayed in Room 212. Felt like we were in a bit of a dungeon, but everything was super comfortable. This room has a super squeaky bed frame; just slightly rolling in the bed made the frame squeak and squeal unbelievably loud. However, the bed was so comfortable and the sheets were nice and soft. The fireplace made the suite romantic. Really wish they would stock dish soap and sponges to wash glasses, mugs, etc. as I swear our water glasses tasted like furniture cleaner. Their complementary breakfast was a bit sad, their fruit was not looking good, their cereals, bagels and muffins, etc. were all over the top too sweet, wish they had some healthy, not so much sugar, options.
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"Bad hotel"
Location was ok.. The room did not have tub, bed was hard, pillow was very flat.. Major disappointment was the bathroom, did not have sink to wash face, the whole place feel like an elderly ADA or handicaps ADA room. Breakfast was terrible. Ok good was the coffee. Only nice thing was the fire place in the room.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Frances
"Noises from room above"
The room is big but not so fresh with cracks on the mirror. The hotel need more maintenance.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
It was an okay experience. The hotel was in a convenient location.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Great time!"
Great time. Nice people. Only complaint would be no smoking on the balcony.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"great rooms"
This was my second stay. Rooms are amazing, with super comfortable beds, patios, and working fireplaces. Furniture was a bit worn, and there was no desk (I think they are in the process of replacing furniture - there were guys moving new things into a room down the hall), but these were minor issues. Only real complain is the $20 per night for parking, which was unexpected.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
"Pretty hotel for a Monterey getaway"
Great junior suite with fireplace, high ceilings, wood detIlung. Breakfast was simple but just enough to start the day. Easy walk to fishermans wharf area.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Annie
Although we were told we were receiving a remodeled room, we found the carpet looking very dirty. The tile floor in the bathroom also looked very dirty or just stained, not sure. We'd stayed there years and years ago and liked it @ that time but were disappointed this time, sorry. :(
1 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
leigh
"Nice Hotel. Walking distance to downtown."
Beautiful room. Hardwood floors, fireplace, huge balcony and cozy bed. Could have been cleaner. I didn't take a bath because the tub looked like it wasn't as clean as it should be for an upscale hotel.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Wendy
"Nice clean hotel."
Nice atmosphere. Room was comfortable with great amenities. Within walking distance of cannery row and plenty of restaurants. Plan to stay here again.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Ryan
"Hotel stay..."
Was not happy about being threatened with a $250. fine if caught smoking on the premises when right across the courtyard there was rooms with ash trays outside them. Then seeing employees walking out of the lobby smoking. I appreciate not smoking in the rooms but outside should be allowed for all, not just the 'privileged'.
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014