All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
300 Pacific St, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Wasted Away in Margararitaville?"
Stayed her about 15 years ago and but for the flatscreen tv it was EXACTLY as I remember it. So the rooms now feel like a Mexico time share circa 1991.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Monterey trip"
Overall a good stay. Some construction ongoing but not a big deal other than finding lobby. My wife missed the robes that were supposed to be provided according to the published room amenities though
3 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
RICK
"Comfortable"
The room was very nice and clean. We were upgraded to a jr. suite which was huge! It was nice to be able to walk to restaurants, the wharf and to the aquarium. The only thing that was not nice were the outside patio areas. Not very well taken care of and no where to relax and sit in the sun in the courtyard.
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
petra
"Great Inside Poor Outside"
The receptionist was nice. But the maintenance employee didn't even smile to us, not friendly at all. When we were there, the hotel was planned to be renovated. I thought that was the reason why they ignored the outside. It was so dirty, like in my room's patio.. I found spider webs and it seemed they didn't clean it for a while.. But inside was very great... Very clean and comforting. It's in walking distance to the Old Fisherman Wharf and also Downtown Monterey. Breakfast was standart. And parking is $ 20..
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
"It was nice a few years ago but not so nice now"
This is our second time to stay after several years. We really had a nice stay the first time. I noticed the whole hotel needs updating and I'm happy that they are ongoing. Sad to say that I had to clean our bathroom's countertop as i noticed there were some dry spots and one that was sticky. The shower floor area wasn't dry and the toilet seat was loose and did not rest well on the toilet when you're sitting on it. The lady that was replenishing food at breakfast seemed unhappy and stressed. I went ahead and personally thanked her after we ate and she didn't even smile back. It's sad. We will probably not go back anymore.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Maria, I am very sorry to hear about your recent visit to Hotel Pacific. Although we are going through renovations it is no excuse to be average with the clean up service. I will look in to why this happened and address the problem, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope that the next time you visit Monterey you can give us one last opportunity, thank you and take care!
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Maria
"Nice hotel but noisy."
While this is a nice facility, it was extremely loud inside our room. Perhaps more insulation or such. We heard everything being said in the room above and next door. The people upstairs were banging, clunking, til at least 3 am.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Guest, I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your standards, while we our working on finishing our renovations we are glad to hear positive criticism from our guest. It helps us work on things that are overlooked so thank you and we hope that you can give us another chance the next time you visit Monterey.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Center of Monterey"
We've previously stayed at this hotel and the reason is we appreciate the location. It is a comfortable walking distance to downtown Monterey, the pier, restaurants etc... The hotel is undergoing a much needed renovation, but is still comfortable.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Older hotel in process of being upgraded"
Our Junior suite was spacious with very comfortable bed and plenty of good quality towels. Working fireplace was a nice touch plus wall mounted TV Our room was supposed to have a partial view of the ocean, instead it overlooked a busy street. As the hotel was being upgraded, a lot of rooms were being "gutted" which made for a lot of dust, mess and the inconvenience of avoiding carts full of trash. It would have been nice to have known this beforehand, or maybe an apology at check in? The hotel was conveniently located and had a pretty indoor courtyard plus a good buffet breakfast. Unfortunately, the room snacks were mostly expired and the coffee/ tea was very skimpy and on one occasion was not replenished. Despite new upgrades, there is room for improvement. Some basic fixtures need replacing/ more attention to housekeeping.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Excellent time"
A bit loud at night, but really a lovely place. My kids (5 and 1) didn't want to leave the room!!
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Kristen
Im quite please with the room set up.To have plates in the room are a plus. Love the decor.Very relaxing atmosphere.I will definitely come back.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
It's very good hotel.room is big and clean and warm.local is very convinced for.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Monterey gem"
The room was wonderful - it even had two showers. Not at all your typical generic hotel. Hotel Pacific has character and is a relaxing, inviting place to stay. The hotel staff was excellent! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
2 night romance trip Mar 18, 2015
Debra
"A quick get away"
Just a quick get away, we had stayed here several years ago. The rooms are huge with a sofa and fireplace but things are starting to feel a little run down. Still nice and definitely a good value.
1 night romance trip Mar 18, 2015
"lovely hotel close to wharf and old town shopping"
Great experience, but each time one or both spas not working, disappointing
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Cathy
"Nice and clean"
The room was nice, felt really fancy but the building seems a bit rundown. Watch out for hidden fees though they try to charge 20 dollars a night for parking although it says free parking. There's a $50 pet fee yet we were charged $90 extra for who knows what. The hotel wouldn't say.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Richard, Thank you for your recent review about your stay at Hotel Pacific. I want to apologize for our mess while on your visit, we are going through a major renovation to fix that old rundown look you have mentioned. I also would like to apologize that you were not properly notified about our fees and to hear that my staff was unable to explain to you is very concerning. I will make sure that each individual of our staff is properly informed about the breakdown of our fees and what they are, thank you for bringing this to my attention. As far as seeing that our parking was free I will investigate to see exactly where that was notated. Thank you and we hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Great Time"
The area and location was AWSOME ! Near downtown Monterrey and beaches.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Christopher, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel Pacific, it was a privilege to have you and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
1 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Christopher
"TIRED"
The hotel is in an excellent location and I have enjoyed staying there a number of times in years' past. However, the property is now very tired and in need of a substantial upgrade. There were signs indicating that work was in process, but if so, it's going slowly and doesn't seem like more than a little paint here and there. I hope there is a real renovation in process because it's a property that deserves more attention than it's currently getting.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Loved, Loved, Loved my room 331."
Room was spacious, bed was comfy, snack bar was fine but no alchohol. Room had beautiful balcony overlooking street as well as a sofa, fireplace and plasma. HOWEVER walls were so thin that I could litterally hear my neighbor opening a drawer. Also floor is tiled so you will hear everyone coming and going with their luggage. Staff was lovely. You might switch 4:00 p.m. Happy Hour from coffee to wine. Who drinks coffee at 4:00 p.m.??
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Loud during the day, as they are remodeling."
No aircondioning or central heat, only a radiator on the floorboard. Breakfast was just so so.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Jacque
"nice hotel for a family"
I stayed in a junior suite, which is spacious and good for a family with one or two kids. They also have two bedroom suite for a big family. The hotel is very close to beach and public parking. It also provide guest parking, however, at additional charge. The room is clean and comfortable.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel Pacific. We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and we hope that the next time you visit Monterey Bay you can give us another opportunity so we can welcome you back.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Nice Hotel in Monterey"
Easy walk to Fisherman's wharf and downtown. Fairly recent remodel of our room. Don't really see it as an improvement over the old room. This room is much more "open" First floor balcony had no view of anything other than the backside of the security wall. Parking is tight in the garage on weekends. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Room facing pacific Street is fairly noisy due to traffic, but not so much as to be a major annoyance. Weekend rate (Friday/Saturday)about $100/night higher than weekday rate. Continental breakfast just average. Gas fireplace is a nice touch.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
As always, the stay was too short. I like this place.
2 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
NEILJ
"Spacious, great room, close to shopping."
Hotel is within walking distance of the bay, and close proximity to Fisherman's Wharf. We are older and preferred to drive to the Wharf. However, there are bikes available and the walk is great for the young.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Jerry
"Very pleased"
Hotel staff is very friendly, room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. Hotel is with a couple blocks from the ocean, restaurants, shops, and bars. I'd definitely stay here again.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
"Extreme disappointment"
I've stayed at Hotel Pacific many times over the years, but can no longer recommend it. I've stayed in rooms that are quite charming, with a private balcony or patio that overlooks a courtyard or the street, or even has a partial view of the bay. This time, they tried to stick me in a ground floor room facing a hillside, with a concrete slab surrounded by a six foot stucco wall. It looked like the handball court at a maximum security prison, only smaller and with less sunlight. The room didn't have any windows other than the door to the slab, so it was dark and dismal. When I complained, I was moved to a floor one room higher that did have a second window for sunlight, but faced another building and had no view whatsoever. The room had a chemical smell, maybe due to recent carpet replacement, and the shower was clogged when we arrived. (It was fixed promptly when I complained.) The hotel is undergoing renovations and they're closed many parking spaces for construction storage, so the garage is absolutely inadequate. Many of the parking stalls are partially blocked by poles, and there simply aren't enough spaces if some are taken by larger vehicles. When friends asked about hotels in Monterey in the past, I often recommended Hotel Pacific over the Portola, which is right across the street, but I won't be returning and will tell others to avoid Hotel Pacific at all costs.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay and I am, like yourself very disappointed to hear your stay was not up to your standards. As you know we are not a view property but always work extremely hard to satisfy all of our valued guests requests. To hear that we were not able to accommodate your needs is a major problem and i will look into this matter. Although you mentioned you did not want to return i hope that you can reconsider and give us a second opportunity to provide the excellent service you have come to known us for.
4 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
"Pacific Hotel"
Descent stay but hotel needs remodeling
1 night trip Feb 12, 2015
"Convenient access to Pacific Grove and Monterey"
We appreciated staying in this hotel since it was very convenient to everything.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Old, very old facility"
Everything in the room and in the hotel is old. Knobs, fixtures, bed etc...Old is different than "traditional look". It may look antique but it should not be from 30 years ago. The AC did not work. The bed was extremelly soft and the room isn't sound proof so I could hear the people from upstairs the entire night. I survived but would not recommend this hotel for anyone. It attracted forst because it had a promotion, original price was $1000 per day and 3 rooms were left for $230. Big mistake. There is a Mariott right in front which looks much nicer
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Ed
"Not quite holding up"
I stayed here about 12 years ago when I got engaged and they just haven't quite kept the place up. Needs maintenance and some nicer amenities for what they charge. Nice enough hotel but not a premium hotel. Get away with a lot because of the wonderful location
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"great stay"
One of the best hotels ive stayed at. The staff was very friendly and helpful and we even got a free upgrade to A suite. I would definetly stay here again!
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
"Nice but needs some updating"
The room was nice but it needs some updating. They were working on remodeling the rooms in another building so unfortunately we stayed at one that was not remodeled. After remodel, it should be quite nice and then worth the price requested
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
debbie
"Great value and staff"
All ok, hotel is older and being remodeled. Room was large and I was upgraded to a king suite with nice porch and shower with separate bath room. Ceiling fan only had one speed High but it kept the room air moving. Staff were excellent and location is great.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear William, Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Hotel Pacific. I am very pleased to hear that my staff took good care of you and that your accommodations were adequate. I'm happy to inform you that with our renovations taking place one of the key points we took in consideration was the fan and have added a fan to every room with a four-speed setting.Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback and choosing to stay at the Hotel Pacific, we value your business.
2 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
WilliamF
"nice enough"
not pleased with the $20.00 parking per day at these prices you should NOT have to pay to park. Rooms need new carpet, the cleaning staff do and OUTSTANDING job with what they have to work with, it is clean but need new carpet you can only clean a thread bare carpet so much. Beds are comfortable and the rooms are nice, the wonderful lady who over sees the breakfast is so WONDERFUL!! what a plus she is to this hotel! so kind and so polite! Really makes the place shine and runs the breakfast like a 6 star restaurant thank you! Her boss needs to give her more to put out there. Like waffles, and better brand of coffee and better choice of tea. She is doing her job now you do your job. Did not enjoy being so close to the street WAY to noise. The key card would not let me in had to continue to take it in and out to many times before it would work and the awful metal scrapping noise at 12:15 A.M. was AWFUL!! but the front desk did not seem to know about it but all the guest heard it. Spending this much money I want it to be quite and the desk to know about those noises and to NOT pay for parking. One hot tub not working
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Great Value for Monterey"
This hotel is a great value in downtown Monterey. They are currently in the process of remodeling so it was a little dusty, noisy and cluttered but I stayed in an already remodeled room so it is worth the trouble. I will stay again here next time I attend an event at the next door Monterey Convention Center
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Louise, Thank you for choosing to stay with us and i clearly remember you, if I am not mistaken you had two rooms? Well, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and i really do apologize for the mess but i assure you that once we are 100% renovated it will pay off! thank you for being so understanding and we cannot wait to welcome you back!
4 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Louise
"Cozy hotel downtown."
Our room was really nice but don't be tricked by the snacks. Also read the fine print. Parking your car there while you sleep is not included in the price.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
lynn
"Hotel location"
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Marie
"good"
The location was great and the room was nice. The garage was kind of dank and smelled and you can hear a lot of noise from the neighbors who had kids.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
maria
"Great Location, Roomy and Clean!"
Just one night in between business and heading home. Will definitely return!
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Carla, Thank you for choosing Hotel Pacific for your business destination and we cannot wait to welcome you back!
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
Carla
"Big room"
Lovely room, but could have been cleaner. Great location nice staff. Good size room with nice balcony, separate shower, and gas fire place. Good place for family. Needs to be cleaned better, but not nasty.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Dr. Clifford, Thank you for you positive feedback and you are correct, it should be cleaner and we will go to the drawing board to work on ways to improve. Positive criticism like yours helps us work harder on improving our ultimate goal of being the best! For that reason we are grateful to have guests like yourself. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future, so you can see how good we have improved!
3 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Dr. Clifford
"Excellent Place to Stay!"
Last year I delayed a decision about traveling to a conference and stayed at the Hotel Pacific as it was near my venue while rooms on the venue site had been sold out. This year, I stayed there on purpose as my experience the previous year was so good. My most recent stay was excellent and the Hotel Pacific is my "go to" first choice for a place to stay when in Monterey.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Britta, We appreciate your business and cannot tell you how much we love having you hear! I am very pleased to hear that we are doing our job and making sure every stay is better than the previous. We hope you come back soon and see the new property when it's done, i hope you like it! take care and god bless.
2 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Britta
"Doing renovations, but nice location."
Good hotel, but the property is under renovation. Maybe wait three months and they will be ready.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Nicel find"
Nice room, close to lots of good food only draw back leaking sewage in parking garage looked like it had been leaking for many days. Will stay again
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
paul
"Excellent choice"
Stayed 3 nights for family party elsewhere. Good Hotel, beds, breakfast good cold breakfast with hardboiled eggs. Walked to LuLu's for seafood omelet, excellent. We walked everywhere. Taxi from airport $15
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Dale, Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent visit to Hotel Pacific, it is always great to hear when our guest take full advantage of the amenities we have to offer. We hope that you come back for a visit soon!
3 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
DALE
"I wanted a room with two beds I only got one bed."
I wanted a room with two beds and only got one with two adults and one child The room service was bad when asked for more towels we had a call three times!!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"weekend in monterey"
had a great stay the staff was awesometake care of anything we neededthe continental breakfast was a little less shy from what we're used we definitely Will go back
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Nice location old rooms"
The needs to be updated (old old old)
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Guest, We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Hotel Pacific. We are very disappointed to hear that we were not up to your standards but are very excited to tell you that the Hotel Pacific is under renovations and will be bringing in a new look! We hope that the next time you visit Monterey you can pay us a visit and hear your feedback about the new look Hotel Pacific. -Front Office Manager
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
"pet-friendly and walk-friendly"
Really appreciated this local hotel's pet-friendly policy while I needed a place to stay with my cat while having to vacate my house for repairs. Friendly professional staff. Can't beat the location for walking anywhere- the room was very tastefully decorated and appointed.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Good afternoon Dawn, We are very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your accommodations under the circumstances, We try our best to serve all of our guest even if they are furry and four legged! Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback of your recent stay. -Front Office Manager
1 night trip Jan 18, 2015
Dawn
"Close to Fishermen's Wharf, renovating & updating"
Excellent location to wharf. Hotel is in the process of renovating one section at a time. No problems while we stayed. Some furniture in our room needed renovation and updating, but not that much of an issue. Breakfast selections good but could use a hot item like waffle machine or scrambled eggs. (There were hard boiled eggs along with muffins and breads, fresh fruit, cereal and juice/coffee.) Enough selection to be filling but nothing special.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Kate, Thank you for your feedback and as your headline states, we are in the process of updating and renovating our beautiful property. We are very excited to see Hotel Pacific be finalized and presented to all of our repeat guest and future guests! Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time out of your schedule to write about your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. -Front Office Manager
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Kate
"MLK weekend"
Good location, good hotel, very good price. Would stay again.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear David, We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Pacific in your most recent visit to Monterey. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our properties accommodations and location, we look forward to seeing you in the future! -Front Office Manager
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Always an amazing stay!"
This is a really quaint hotel. It reminded me of a villa in Puerta Vallarta. We stayed in January. I would love to try a summertime stay to enjoy the courtyard, Jacuzzi and outdoor patio.
Response by Hotel Pacific
Dear Troy, It's always great to hear a comparison to Puerta Vallarta! Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Hotel Pacific and that you enjoyed your accommodations. We hope that you can make the time to visit us in the summer, take care. -Front Office Manager
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015