All hotels in Morro Bay, California, United States of America
590 Morro Ave, Morro Bay, CA, 93442, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Leisure travel"
We took a road trip that began in northern California and we have stayed in Morro Bay before. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone.
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
ben
"Perfect location and pleasant accommodations"
We have stay at the Morro Bay "comfort Inn" a couple of times this past year. Staff is friendly and accommaions. Our rooms have always been clean and the bed has been quite comfortable. And the price is right!!
kat
"Overpriced"
A solid, middle of the road chain motel at a premium price.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Ed
"Hotel location close to shopping and restaurants"
Our room was clean and comfortable...our big disappointment was the location of the room. Top floor in the back with nothing but buildings to view...felt closed in and hard to know the weather. I don't remember seeing option for a view at time of booking but desk said because it was not booked directly with them they could not change our room. On the good side, hotel location had easy walking distance to shopping and restaurants and was priced reasonably.
3 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2014
"Great location nice hot"
We really enjoyed our stay in this little town. Loved being on the bay!
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
"Wonderfully clean and comfy...in the right room"
First and foremost, the room was clean and comfortable. And surprisingly roomy, with two queen beds. The closet even had a light inside it. Everything worked great. And the location was tops. The downside was where the room was. We were stuck in the back overlooking the parking garage/lot with other buildings around. There was no privacy and not even a glimpse of the ocean. We couldn't open the windows because of lack privacy. The room was warm and stuff. Had to keep the AC on instead of being able to breathe fresh sea air. AC was tough to balance. Too cold/too warm, but it did work. I just wish we didn't have to. Be warned. Whenever you DO NOT book direct with a hotel you may be getting a SUBSTANDARD ROOM. This has happened to me a number of times, and it's finally getting through my thick skull what's going on. Free breakfast was fine, and included scrambled eggs and sausage plus all the other stuff you'd normally find like breads, rolls, yougurt. No complaints. Coffee good. I would have given this place a top score but for where the room was in the hotel
2 night trip with friends Oct 5, 2014
Kathleen
Very expensive for what we got.
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
Tim Lowrey
"Nice motel close to everything."
It was great being in morro bay as usual. Golf, shopping, walks, sea life and restaurants.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
jon
"Needs Improvement"
I came here for a romantic getaway for my boyfriend's birthday. The staff was very pleasant upon arrival. We got in 4 hours prior to check in and they allowed us to park our car while we walked down Embarcadero street for the Avocado and Margarita festival. When we checked in, the room looked fairly nice and clean. The air conditioner was on the side of the bed and was too loud to keep on during the day or night. I went to use one of the facecloths to wipe my face and noticed that it was dirty. We took a bath that evening and noticed a long blonde hair on one of the towels. It was very quiet at night and there were able to get a good night's rest. The next morning we get woken up by the cleaning lady just entering our room without knocking. Checkout was not until 1100 and were not happy with this intrusion. We got up, got dressed and headed out to partake in the complimentary breakfast. They had a waffle maker and waffles were great. Plenty of milk, juice, cereals, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs and yogurt were available. The scrambled eggs were bland though. Sausages were OK.When we checked out, I notified the two ladies at the reception desk and they responded by "We wash all our linens and towels here." And that was it. Well, for the amount of money I paid for this hotel room, I would pay a little more and try some of the many other hotels in Morro.
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2014
Brenda
"Looks can be deceiving!"
Not at all what I expected for the price. Pictures do lie, so don't rely on them. Room smells musty and the ventilation is poor.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Overall Nice Property"
Great location and view. Room seems to have been recently updated and hotel was nice. A little bit of a musty smell. Staff was great!
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Jon
It was nice. We did not pay for aview and did not get one. Breakfast was a little step up from basic. But paper plates and plastic glasses and cups. Not elegant at all. Bed was great. Comfortable and clean pleasant room.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
J
"Unplug fridge, toilet not working"
Great staff. we didn't stay for breakfast so I can't rate that. Weird LOUD humming sound was coming from the fridge I had to unplug it. Toilet wasn't working quite good. People above us were loud. Request to stay in top floor so you don't have to deal wight that.
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
Sam
"Excellent location and comfortable amenities!"
We stayed two nights here to give us time to visit Hearst Castle, which not too far away. We were pleasantly surprised by quiet seaside town of Morro Bay. The major tourist area was steps away from the hotel. It was a great home base for exploring Hearst Castle and for relaxing in the evenings.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Will definitely be back.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
"It's The People Who Make a Good Hotel a Great One"
The major advantage this hotel has over others we have stayed at in Morro Bay is its employees. Each person we dealt with- at the front desk, maintenance, housekeeping, and the breakfast room- was professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. For example, we did some outdoor activities that left us needing to take extra showers. Extra towels? No problem. Our morning kayaking trip went overtime. late checkout? No problem. Everything handled with ease and good humor. While the building itself is clean and well-kept, and our room was, well....roomy and well-appointed, we were most impressed by the personnel who made the difference. A shout out to the management for hiring and keeping great folks, and to the staff members themselves, thanks for making our stay a memorable one.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2014
Twangmeister
"Great Place to Stay"
The hotel staff was very friendly. We especially liked having a glass of wine before dinner at happy hour and taking it up to the 4th floor on the rooftop . It was very easy to get to downtown by walking a couple of blocks. The rooms are roomy, and the balcony was nice to sit outside and look at Morro bay.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
susan L
Satisfied
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Rita
Hotel was within walking distance to the harbor and shops. Staff was very nice. My issue with the hotel was my room smelt like mildew and it was right next door to the breakfast room so we could hear everyone making their breakfast and moving things around. I don't know if all the rooms smell bad or if it was just mine. I would try the hotel again as long as I had a different room.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Recent Stay at Comfort Inn Morro Bay"
My wife and I were pleasantly suprised when we arrived. The hotel lobby was small but appeared to be recently remodeled and was modern and stylish. Although we arrived early, the pleasant clerk went out of her way to make sure a room was made available for us. The complimentary coffee was fresh and the breakfast was good. My wife and I noticed that the young lady who was responsible for keeping the breakfast area fully stocked and clean was working really hard and did a great job in spite of the many people there. We'd stay there agian.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
The room had a really bad stale type of smell. And the bathroom had a little part in the corner that looked moldy.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
Stayed one night. The room was large and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. We asked for a good restaurant and were pleased with the recommendation.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"excellent staff and hotel"
Excellent staff, hotel and location. No complaints here.
1 night trip with friends Jul 6, 2014
"Comfort lnn in Morro Bay"
The hotel is one block from the water front and close to restaurants and shops. The hotel has free parking, free breakfast and free wi-fi. We had two rooms, each with two queen beds. After a day of stressful driving along CA Highway 1, it is a nice place to rest and get re-charged.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Clark
"Everything Excelent"
This, literally, was the nicest Comfort Inn my husband and I have stayed in... and one of the nicest hotels, in general. And we've stayed in many. There were no water stains anywhere in the bathroom. No paint chipped from the walls. No scuff marks from doors or on corners or around the baseboards. Everything was clean and the breakfast was good. We walked everywhere we needed to go in Morro Bay from that locations.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Morro Bay Vacay"
The room was updated and very convenient. Breakfast was good for what you are paying for. Very conveniently located to the stores and of-course the Morro rock. I would definitely stay here again. The only concern was that the room was kind of stuffy when we first got inside.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
rik
"Nice hotel close to Morro Rock"
Good breakfast, hotel's clean and has elevator that allows my senior mom easy access to room on d upper floors. Good to hv balcony , allow for view of d Morro Rock. Easy check in and out.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
sucy
"Nice and close to the beach"
Definitely staying there again...super friendly staff. Over all awesome.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Flor
"Close the beach friendly staff"
We enjoyed our stay in Morro Bay. This hotel was very close to the beach. We were recommended a restaurant on the beach which was only a short 5 minute walk and it was delicious. The area was nice and we enjoyed seeing the otters, seals and squirrels down near the beach. The hotel was comfortable and clean. Would come back!!
1 night trip May 22, 2014
"It exceeded my expectations"
We were driving from SFO to LAX and we decided to stop at Morro Bay. Location near to pier, rooms recently updated, fair price, and a very good cup of coffee early in the morning, made of Morro Bay the perfect point to rest
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
"Ordinary"
It was a good experience
1 night trip May 21, 2014
Kubilay Cevik
"Location Great"
Quiet but right in the middle of Morrow Bay. Walking distance to everything.
Other trip May 22, 2014
"Great stay."
We had one night there. Very clean. Broken Ice machine was the only negative. We enjoyed our stay.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
The hotel was within 2 blocks of the Embarcadero so very easy to stroll up to shops and restaurants. The room was large and clean. The morning breakfast bar was actually better than I expected or experienced at other hotels. I would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
Darlene
"Nice hotel close to waterfront"
We stayed 2 nights at the Comfort Inn during our family trip to Morro Bay. The hotel was conveniently located a block away from the waterfront, so we didn't have to drive anywhere. The hotel has been remodeled and looks very nice. Another convenience was the free hot breakfast (sausage, eggs, waffles, etc.). Service was prompt and friendly. We would stay here again.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
letsgo
"Very nice place to stay"
Clean. Parking easy. Would stay there again
1 night trip Apr 20, 2014
"Excellent Hotel"
Very accommodating & friendly staff. Good breakfast & very close to the beach & the main area. Room was well kept & A/C worked perfectly.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Great Place to Stay!"
The Comfort Inn in Morro Bay was very clean and had extra comfortable beds. The staff was friendly and informed us about local restaurants in Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, and Paso Robles. It was also awesome to get a full breakfast included in the price of the room. Their location is right in town, so we were able to walk to all the shops and restaurants in Morro Bay. I would highly recommend this Hotel and we will definitely stay there again sometime. Lorie
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
The Comfort Inn is just one block from the main tourist, shopping dining area in Morro Bay. From the hotel we were able to walk to almost everything we wanted to do. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The rooms were roomy enough for the 4 of us. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. We really enjoyed out stay here and will stay there again. The only downside to staying here is that the floors are not insulated for sound. We could hear every movement made by the people above us. At night we had to run the air conditioner to provide "white noise" so we could sleep while our upstairs neighbors walked around, opened and closed drawers etc. When making a reservation, request a room on the top floor.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Jan
"Pretty Nice Stay"
The staff are great and the room very nice for the most part. Te ceiling was pealing in the shower area. The TV picture was spotty. Other than that, no complaints.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
Philip
"Great location and service!"
Very good - nice room - clean and convenient! :)
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
"Great location! Hotel looks new, very clean!"
We love the location of this hotel, it's only one block from shore, we walked everywhere and left our car in the parking lot (free of charge). In my opinion, we have the best room in the hotel, we could see the "rock" clearly from our balcony and could also hear the noises the seal lions made in the morning. The front desk staff (it's a male, we didn't ask for his name) was very nice and helpful. The lady worked at the breakfast area is very nice too, she didn't try to rush us by closing everything on time, she asked us if we wanted to get anything before she closes the area. The only issue we had was that the flash sound of the toilet is too loud and it's too hard to push down the flash button. My parents had the same toilet in their apartment so I am used to it but still it's just too loud in a hotel room. Overall, we love our room and the hotel is well maintained, looks like a brand new hotel to us. We highly recommend this hotel, the complimentary breakfast is one of the best we have had. Keep up the great job!
2 night romance trip Mar 28, 2014
KC
"Well worth it!"
Surprisingly this property was great! You can't beat it for the price. Staff was welcoming, room and bed was comfortable plus they offer breakfast.
1 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2014
B'more
"Good hotel close to the bay"
We recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with our kids who were on spring break. The hotel is within walking distance to all the shops and restaurants along the waterfront. The room was spacious and clean. The hotel staff is very friendly and courteous, especially the ones in the breakfast area. The room rate included a complimentary breakfast buffet which was very good. My only complaint was the heater in the room did not work properly and it took a long time for the room to warm up. It was cold and rainy outside one day and I wished the heater worked better than it did. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay there again.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
Vidyaa
"Very nicely remodeled hotel"
Great ease to local restaurants and shoppes. Room was very clean, upgraded and the bed was divine. Staff was wonderfully accommodating- when I realized I had forgotten something in my car late at night, after the access was closed would mean as a single woman I would have to walk around to a different access, the clerk told me "No problem, get what you need and then knock on the door and I will let you in so you don't have to be inconvenienced". Made me feel very safe. Breakfast room was fabulous. Parking in the garage was a little tight and I was there during the week so weekends could prove to be a problem. Overall, I would check back in again and most likely will since I will be working in the area often.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
Cherby
"Very nice Hotel in Morro Bay"
This was the 4th time my girlfriend and I have stayed in Morro Bay, but the first time we have stayed in the Comfort Inn. This turned out to be the best hotel we have stayed at yet! Very comfortable beds, convenient location within a 5 minute walk to the shops and restaurants, and very friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again. Oh, and the room we had had a sliding glass door to a balcony with a completely uninterrupted view of Morro Rock!
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Break time"
Afternoon clerk was very courteous . Room was clean , view of morro rock was nice. My only complaint was the morning clerks , none too friendly not helpful at all. Overall fair place price was little high but I'd do it again.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
busy man
"Break time"
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
busy man
"Friendly staff, clean room, good breakfast"
The receptionist was really nice. The room is really clean . The only regret we have is we requested a room with a view and end up with a room looking at the parking garage. The breakfast was awesome! We will surely stay again the next time we visit and hopefully they will give us a room with a nice view. :)
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
Ramsidel
"Friendly staff, clean room, good breakfast"
Other trip Mar 21, 2014