All hotels in Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America
108 E 8th Ave, Anchorage, AK, 99501, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Comfortable hotel"
We stayed overnight in Anchorage as the following day we were due in Seward for our cruise. The hotel was comfortable --- very kind, friendly staff. The hotel was clean and neat. The only complaint we had was the soda machines were out completely out of bottled water, which is a minimal issue. The hotel is within walking distance of downtown Anchorage. Good place to stay for the night.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Northtside Anchorage hotel"
This is a much older hotel on kinda the North side of Anchorage, okay neighborhood, I would say, I never felt unsafe. There is a homeless shelter a block away and they are out & about roamimg around there late at night. No problems. Had to walk a distance to the mall and nicer downtown area about a mile. Just a lot older area. The hotel needs some loving care. Smells a little musky when you first walk in. Housekeeping never showed to my room the 4 nights I was there. I'm not sure if you had to request housekeeping? I bought some shampoo the little bottle didn't make it through my stay. Someone pulled the fire alarm @ 2AM in the morning as a joke. HAHA not laughing, lots of guests exited the building and were allowed right back in a false alarm. Bummer for all of us that were sleeping or the patrons it scared. Thought a bit over priced for what you get. Rooms were just ok, BF in the morning coffee, juice & sorts of granola bars. Did it for me, but if you're looking for hot eggs not here. Staff was pretty friendly.
4 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
Kenneth
"We won't be going back"
This hotel was pretty disappointing. First of all I had to pay to park, and that was if you could get a parking permit. The room had nothing in it. It had a small kitchen but nothing in the cabinets. No plates, cups, utensils, pots, pans, not even a single piece of silverware. Also no coffee pot. The room overall was not very clean. We folded out the hide-a-bed and it was covered in popcorn and dog hair, and no bedding to be found. I had to call to get bedding for it, and when I told the guy how dirty the bed was he just said "oh". In the morning we headed down to get "breakfast" and were once again disappointed. There was a small shelf set out with your choice of an apple, orange, granola bar, pre-packaged muffin or boxed oatmeal. That was it! No juice, milk, or even water. And they ran out of coffee by 8:30 and didn't refill it. We ended up at Extended Stay because we procrastinated until our options were very limited, but needless to say we won't be going back.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Ryan
"Great services from a great location hotel."
Great services from hotel staff. Strategic location.
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
Duangta
"HOT in Anchorage"
We had stayed in this hotel twice before, so we knew about the convenient location, relative cleanliness, and competitive price. However, we had 2 rooms (207 and 203), as we brought my son, daughter-in-law, and grandchild. Upon arrival the air conditioning unit in one of the rooms (203) was broken. The window in the room had been left open and neither the fan nor the a/c unit worked. It obviously had not worked when the room was cleaned earlier that day. Complained to the front desk and was given the run around that there was a heat wave for Anchorage and the other rooms were using all the cold air for that unit. Look, I'm from Florida, so I know that this was an independent wall unit and not connected to a central air conditioning system ... and this a/c unit was broken, period. This was confirmed the next day by a maintenance mechanic who worked on the a/c unit but couldn't fix it. We were finally moved into another room the 2nd night. But the first night/day was a waste of time, as we had to all move into room 207 in order to get some sleep, and then had to wait around for 1/2 day until the maintenance man showed up. The front desk said that they couldn't do anything about a rebate on the cost of the first day because we had used a 3rd party for booking and it was already pre-paid.
6 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Awful"
horrible stay. No parking. No kitchen like advertised. DIRTY room with DIRTY linens. Was either too hot or too cold never a good medium. LOUD house cleaners
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Jenna
"Could be better"
Front-desk staff includes a number of J-1 visa holders, who don't have the authority to solve problems. Breakfast didn't change from day to day, except that some items gradually disappeared. On my final day there were no fruit cups and no oatmeal, but only granola bars, cupcakes and coffee. Even then, Stefan, while putting out the limited supplies got a call on his cellphone, which he went elsewhere to talk, while three of us sat there and waited. I had a ground-floor room, with a window right on the front, which meant I couldn't ever open my curtains. The hotel promises shuttle service, but there is no sign at the airport. Fortunately, I had the hotel's number and could call, but several other patrons grumbled that they had had to take cabs.
6 night trip Jul 4, 2015
"NEVER AGAIN!!!"
Hotel staff was rude! I paid extra for a hotel with a pool and it was closed, manager refused a refund even though I didn't even check in to my room. Will never stay here again!
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
"Re molding need lack of maintenance"
Air conditioner did not work, kitchen had no plates cookware silverware etc., toilet continually ran and no one ever cleaned the room or provided and soap etc. No breakfast as stated and no coffee makers in room. Will not go back EVER.
6 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
"Nothing crazy"
It was an average hotel stay. Nothing crazy good or bad.
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
"Economy downtown hotel"
Linens were dirty, stains and a few residual hairs. The pool bathroom was completely destroyed, would rather use a sun baked porta-potty. Front desk was unprofessional and not helpful at all. Just an overall bad experience for expecting mediocrity.Take the review for what it's worth but I never write reviews unless I feel it's absolutely necessary.
Other trip May 29, 2015
long time cstmr
"Perfect location for walkers"
Had to have dishes brought to room after check in. Airport/Railroad shuttle was great for luggage carrying tourist.
3 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Nice acommodations."
Great stay. Will stay again next time I go to Anchorage.
2 night family trip May 13, 2015
Teresa
"Close to downtown museum"
My room was nice. The staff was great and very helpful. I am not a fan of the 10$ a night parking I found that ridiculous especially since the parking behind the building was always full and so u had to use there extra parking lot a little ways Down and the parking price was still the same. I loved that it had a real fridge and small 2 burner cook stove a a real sink to wash dishes. And such. The mattress was pretty firm but bedding was very clean. Over all if was not to bad. Better than some I've stayed at.
Other trip May 6, 2015
jnelly
"A little disappointed."
It was okay nothing great. I was surprised that you had to pay $10.00 dollars for parking in their lot. The springs on the doors are so tight that they cause the doors to slam so you end out hearing doors slamming all night. The kitchen was why I stayed just thinking they would have a few plates and pans but no the rooms do not anything not even a spoon or a glass.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2015
DeWayne
I specifically chose this because it had a pool. My four-year-old was really looking forward to swimming, but the pool was "closed until further notice."
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
JOHN
"business trip"
Only complaint would be the bedding/bed, not very comfortable.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
"Just okay"
Very friendly staff. Due for much needed update.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
The best thing about my stay was Neal at the front desk
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"The staff was respectful, caring,helpful, friendly"
It was a great experience. They made a ure most of our needs were met.. Including keeping us safe. It would have been a better stay if the pool was working or if there was a jacuzzi tub that worked also. But the staff made up for it.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
pearl
Chared extra for parking...2 small lots that fill up fast...lots not connecred...noisy guests all night long...pool closed..
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"tried to double charge me for a deposite"
Nice stay but I never got a deposit back and when I asked about it after I was told I never gave it to them they refused me service when I tried to extend my stay with cash refused my service
1 night trip Feb 1, 2015
"One day in purgatory"
This is the worst
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
"Nice ! Clean and comfortable"
Cool...
1 night trip Jan 9, 2015
Jonathan
I arrived for a Task Force meeting and stayed through the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised with the service and the hotel. Yes, it is an older and used building. Yes, the carpet could be changed when worn. Yes the breakfast in the morning could be a little more than muffins, but then lets face it-- you do have a complete kitchen in your room (but cooking your own). The bath towels are not soft like the ones at home-- in fact they were scratchy and rough. The bathroom had its problems-- leaky shower(the washer bad and the water dripped), the toilet leaked around the base, and the marble around the sink had a drop of about 2 inches and was loose and looked like it was going to fall. There were individuals in the early morning(not guests) outside that verbally were abusive to each other and this went on during the whole visit. There were individuals that would come to the front of the hotel that would go through the places outside looking for "smokes". The staff was great and offered to help no matter what was asked.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"The best rate for a good night sleep"
Cool place ...
1 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
Jonathan
"Disappointing"
I called before booking to make sure the pool was open, it was not. We couldn't figure out where to park and got no help from staff. Breakfast was a granola bar and a piece of fruit. Overall just a disappointing experience.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"room it ok"
no parking lot. you have to pay for parking lot
3 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
hai
"Ok but not enjoyable"
The room was mostly clean but the comforter and blanket were stained and had a lot of hairs in them. We had gone to your hotel because it had a pool so that we could take our three year old swimming. The pool was incredibly cold and the hot tub was like bathwater.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Nathan
"Hotel Review"
Room very cold; heater not working, Moved to another room - I requested it. That heater did not work either. I called again and desk said they would put in a work order to fix it the following day. Did not offer to come up and investigate. Cold wind blowing in window. Bagged garbage under sink - I removed it to outside trash container, Open old candy bar in tv console. Lots of dirt behind dresser. No cups or kleenix. Room very empty of any cooking utensils or a coffee machine. The desk area was frequently without help. A sign was posted that they were helping others. That signed appeared to never move. The phone did not work well to call the office. It also kept falling out of the wall jack. The breakfast area was unattended, minimal food and there were no napkins or help present. I was locked out of my room the following morning, even though I had paid for two nights.
AK gal
Perfect for what we needed. Thank you.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
T Sweet
"Nice Hotel That Takes Pets"
Quiet, clean and within an easy walk of downtown amenities.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Carl
"Anchorage Downtown"
This hotel is located in downtown Anchorage, within walking distance of many restaurants and points of interest. Best not to accept a room on the ground floor as there is always someonw walking by are pulling a car up just feet away from the window. Parking is and extra charge. Advertized as having pools but that is misleading as the two pools are to small to swim in ( wading maybe). Breakfast is coffee, instant oats an apple and granola bars. Would we stay at this hotel again, Yes for convenience only.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
John and Pen
"Not a place I would ever stay at again."
The hotel itself was dirty, they charged extra for parking, WiFi of a sufficient speed to perform any work on the internet. No mention is made of being charged extra for parking or WiFi. Drunks hanging around the hotel. There are plenty of other places in Anchorage to stay for the same price that don't nickel and dime you, or make you deal with drunks hanging around. The "breakfast" was minimal, a few granola bars, and prepackaged muffins.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Brad
very clean. Dresser furniture drawer needed repair. Quiet and had no noise issue for whole week.
7 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Peck
"Location good. Facilities disappointing."
Location was plus. Room was overly crowded. Room was for four, but set up for two (chairs and table). House keeping (plates, cooking utensils, etc) was incomplete-only one pan in the room. Staff was pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
james
"Not worth the money."
There looked to be granola crumbs on the bed when I checked in, and a green granola bar wrapper in the trash can. The front desk attendant was very rude upon check out and did not smile or seem happy, to top it off. Definitely not recommended
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
V
The staff's are relatively lazy.The room cleaning is not good.The regular facility is not well maintained.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"working / vacation"
One comment: The wifi link failed to work with my laptop and I-phone. People at the front desk helped with no success.
3 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Only stayed one night. Staff was wonderful as well as the pool and hot tub. The beds left a little to be desired, but not bad enough that I wouldn't stay again.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
"meh"
The rooms were clean and nice, but having to pay for parking is uncool. Slamming doors all morning from other guests. No tv guide. I probably wouldn't stay again. The midtown location is MUCH better.
1 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2014
Cassandra
"Not what it appears."
A disappointing experience at best. No maid service included, towels feel like sandpaper, and the worst breakfast I've ever seen at a hotel. Location is OK, but look elsewhere. Kitchenette had no glasses, and very little else. Second room we stayed in later in the trip was so hot we cranked the air and propped the door open, and it still never cooled off. Parking is an extra $10/night.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"yuck"
our room was pretty nasty. dirty dishes in the sink, trash on the very worn carpet. the pool had lots of scum on it. the bed and pillows were cardboard. the best part about the hotel was that it was pretty close to down town and somewhat low in price (for anchorage)
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2014
"Good size room"
They don't have a baby crib, which the website said they would have one.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Lacked enough help and maintence issues."
Upon checking into the room I noted that the microwave was filthy and the refrigerator not much better. All night the toilet kept cycling and there was nothing to do but shut the valve off myself. The room was hot and the only option was to leave the window open and since it was over the parking lot I had the pleasure of listening to drunken arguments most of the night. As there was no other options to stay that weekend I had to endure another night. I Asked the front desk to please fix the toilet and clean the dirty microwave and refrigerator. She told me the maintenance man would be in at three and all would be taken care of. About 5pm when I was in the middle of preparing for a dinner engagement, the same front desk agent came to my room and told me there was no maintenance man that day and took the lid off the toilet herself and tried to show me how to jiggle the float to make it work. Really? I'm not sticking my hands in there and shouldn't have to. I know the girl was trying with all the back up she had up front at least she showed up to do something. I told just not to worry. I was trying to get out the door and just put up with it. Won't stay again though.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Verna Skelton
"Nice hotel in downtown Anchorage"
We stayed 2 nights. They do not provide housekeeping in between.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
G
Parking price should be included in the room price sort of high
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Convenient location; Adequate Accommodation"
Plusses: convenient downtown location, generous room size (we had a 1 BR suite), kitchenette, laundry facilities. Minuses- inadequate stocking of kitchen (e.g., 1 bowl for a suite that sleeps 4?! lousy knife, etc), not all laundry facilities functioning, only one luggage cart, inadequate breakfast bar. Dingy furnishings/linens. Functional for a few days but I wouldn't want to stay for an "extended" period of time.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Jenny
"Lack of Communication"
We arrived in Anchorage at 11:30 (what felt like 2:30AM) to try calling the hotel for an airport shuttle. The phone did not work and would send you around in the same never ending voice mail. Finally we took a cab to the hotel. Once we arrived, we found we had been bumped from the hotel to the Midtown location due to pipes breaking. Did we get a phone call? or any heads up about going to a different location? Unfortunately, No. It was a constant ring around. I would never stay at this chain again.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Ashley
"Consider this a place to crash only . . ."
Hotel service was terrible -- and the rooms are small but adequate and in need of a good cleaning . We stayed for 2 separate nights before and after getting back from our Alaska excursions. No one was there to check us in upon arrival the first night, and no one at all was there to replenish the breakfast items the next morning. A nice guy doing maintenance had access to the supply cabinet and found me a few CoffeeMate packets for my coffee, otherwise, there wasn't much in the mislabeled "breakfast area." On the next stay, we were greeted by hotel staffer Mona who was just short of belligerent and definitely rude. We saw what the "breakfast area" was meant to look like the next morning and we went out for breakfast. It was basically coffee and a collection of packages to which you could add water. There wasn't even a carafe of milk to add to the packet of coffee. For around two hundred dollars a night (with taxes), we expected a lot more, esp. from a place that advertises that it includes breakfast. Also, note that they charge to park your car, but we took advantage of free parking meters for overnight until 9 am. The proximity to the Anchorage Museum made it a convenient location.
1 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2014