All hotels in Bay Harbor Islands, Florida, United States of America
9660 East Bay Harbor Drive, Bay Harbor Islands, FL, 33154, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Visiting Miami"
It was great but needed to be a little cleaner.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
"Modern & Clean Rooms!"
Our room was wonderful.. Very modern & clean. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The shower was huge. It was also a short walk to the beach. We loved everything about this hotel!
2 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2015
halsie z
"Decent hotel"
Our visit for our anniversary was good. But we wish we could have reserved a place closer to the beach. You have to travel a few blocks to make it to the beach. One thing we wish was different inside the bathroom was that the glass doors would be all the way not only half way, it allows too much watet to splash to the outside, making a mess of water in the bathroom afterwards.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Nice hotel, too far away from Miami or South Beach"
The hotel is really nice with a fabulous staff. If you are looking for a hotel with easy access to Miami Beach or South Beach however, this is NOT the area to be in. The roads in this part of the Greater Miami area are clogged, so it takes a long time to get anywhere and taxis are not plentiful or reliable in showing up. The heating in my room also did not work which would not be a problem usually. It was the coldest night of the year when I stayed though, so the room was chilly. The service staff was available to give me extra blankets which helped.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2015
Ellen
"Quick Miami getaway"
Everything was excellent! Front desk staff were friendly and helpful--esp Billy. Room was spotless. Location was great. The walls are very thin but it was not a problem. Parking was easy--I recommend self parking--their are plenty of spots around the hotel. Will def stay again!
3 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015
Kiosa
"Daddy O"
The gentleman that checked us in was not very interested in things like parking and questions about where to eat dinner. The first desk person did not set us up for parking, when we came back and asked about parking, a different gentleman was at the desk he looked completely disgusted when we asked him to explain the parking policy. Parking ended up being $16 instead of the $12 that was listed on hotels.com. The parking lot was a municipal lot and the hotel would go out and put money in the meters as needed. The two ladies that were there in the morning were completely different they were friendly courteous and very nice.
1 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
"Spotty Wifi, Thin Walls"
Walls are thin, Wifi is spotty, and it's a good fifteen minute walk to the beach. The neighborhood is basically high rise condos as far as the eye can see, pretty boring. You also have to pay a lot of tolls getting in and out of the bay harbor islands. The service is great here though, folks that work there are friendly and happy to help.
5 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
"Enjoyable stay"
A little hard to find but once there we enjoyed our visit
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Jack
"Great location, walking distance to a great mall,"
Personnel were wonderful, location was just perfect., close to beach and restaurants.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Reception bad but room was great"
Late night Guest Service guy was obnoxious. Kept trying to joke with me even though it was obviously not reciprocated. Just a slimy person. A young lady with a beautiful smile and positive demeanor is much needed behind that counter. Parking is horrendous. The room was fabulous. Great design beautiful selection of colors and the bed was very comfortable. Showers were great too and everything was very clean. An overall descent stay... Enjoyed the room very much.
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
"Outstanding. Great hotel and location"
Great short vacation. Excellent location. Great room. Nice linens. Very clean
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
kenneth
"What a gem! L"
Such a cute hotel. Perfectly located. A Gem!
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
"Great place to stay!"
Our stay was wonderful! The staff was super friendly and professional. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. They had a very filling continental breakfast every morning. My boyfriend and I had such a relaxing stay that I joked with the women at the front desk we were moving in. The hotel is walking distance from a lot of great shops, places to eat, and the beach! We are definitely going to stay at Daddy O the next time that we are in Miami.
2 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
"Good staff, needs a little TLC"
We were greeted warmly and the staff really did its best to welcome us. The location was great. Common areas need a little TLC, but are fine. Room was nice. I would stay here again!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Very good hotel. Good location. Easy walk to shops"
Very good experience. We would go back to this hotel. Quiet setting. Excellent staff.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
60+ couple
We stayed for 1 night and we didn't want to leave. The hotel great and away from south beach so it was quite. I will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Tony
"Nice little hotel near Fancy Bal Harbour"
Pretty rooms with free wi fi and a simple continental breakfast. Good beds and luxury shower. Staff was outstanding. Next door to The Palm, Miami's version of the New York and DC steakhouse. Three blocks to the ocean, two blocks to Bal Harbour shops. only $12 for parking, a bargain in this neighborhood. Only major issues are these: no elevator (2 stories) and thin walls.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Mit
"Good price and location"
Bad staff front check in. Day time only.. No bath just a shower
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Nice atmosphere"
I stayed for business and would stay again. The people in the hotel and the surrounding shops were very welcoming.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"Chic but bring earplugs"
I just had one night to try this hotel out. I'd read the reviews that mentioned thin walls but I knew I'd be beat and it would be fine. They are THIN. The ceiling is thin too. I heard everything from the neightbor and whomever was upstairs doing laps around his room starting at 4am was shaking the ceiling so much the light fixture was rattling (which woke me up). The styling of the hotel is great. Nice design work, great bathroom, thoughtful space usage. It's just a pity they didn't spend some more time and money on adding some sound deadening to the building before they remodeled it.
1 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
Anthony C.
"Stellar location and staff"
Staff was excellent! Checked, double & triple checked to make sure accommodations & amenities met & exceeded accommodations! Loved the individual room temp controls, hotel decor very modern, valet/self park very convenient & reasonably priced. Complementary breakfast very nice. Room rate very afordable & great location. We would def stay again!
2 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
"Horrible experience!!"
Horrible experience. We were there for two days and didn't take room service when we called down to request more towels front desk was being nasty. We asked for water at front desk. When we checked we saw a few charges for water no one had mentioned that they would charge us for it. Most hotels give it for free. The only thing you can see from your room is a dirty window that was probably never cleaned. Oh and there is no pool!!! Not sure why this is rated as a four star hotel this should probably be rated as a 2 star hotel! I'm never going back there!!!
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"nice and cheap and worth"
Real nice place to stay there Stuff is really good, hotel condition is good, pretty clean and room is not bad
1 night trip Jan 4, 2015
jiming
"OK. Just OK."
This hotel is a little tucked away, which was perfect for what I needed... a great sleep. The rooms were clean and nice, the front desk service was OK (the morning agent seemed permanently frazzled and short with customers). Overall an OK stay, although the walls and floors are very thin - you hear people walking above you and can hear a lot between the walls. An OK stay, but I probably wouldn't choose this hotel again.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
Nathan
"Nice boutique hotel by the ocean"
Stayed for a night at this hotel on January 1st. It's a smaller hotel with nicely decorated rooms and common areas. The location is pretty convenient. It's north of Miami beach but easily accessible by car. When we checked in the check in guy was really nice and because of an Internet outage he gave us free Parking. The only drawback is the rather poor (continental) breakfast and the lack of breakfast space. People where eating their breakfast around the lobby area. Other than that I would definitely suggest this establishment.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
ngls
"Ok hotel but not worth the proce"
I stayed here 4 nights while visiting family with my husband. we pre paid for this hotel and I expected to have a room reservation. Natalie at the front desk told us she was extremely busy getting European travelers rooms because they'd lost their reservations at other hotels in the area. Why did she feel she needed to share this? The room when we finally got one was ok. Small, stained carpet, burned out bathroom bulb, dusty coffee maker and generally not up to standards for what we paid. Customer service at the front desk was poor. Breakfast was all breads cereal and yogurt. No fruit. Coffee maker was the only thing I enjoyed.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
relaxed wander
Difficulty obtaining good temperature control: room either frigid or warm and muggy. Walls seem thin, making for much noice from adjacent rooms.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"miami bestie trip"
superb hotel. excellent friendly staff. trendy style in upscale neighbourhood. breakfest could be better though.
3 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
khaled
"Great hotel!"
The hotel was fantastic. The front desk was awesome. The room was very clean and big. Parking was a little tricky but overall I had a great time. Would totally stay here again.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Jonathan
"A/C very loud"
The hotel is a small hotel, well located. Air Conditioning is very loud and not integrated, we didn´t get a relax sleep. Check-in is very slow as there is only one person at the reception and takes more than 10 minutes per customer. Rooms were clean but housekeeping is not cleaning properly. People is very friendly there and international calls are for free, at least in the rate I paid.
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Pablo
"Nice, clean and well worthy"
Very nice, clean and well worthy hotel. Folks at front desk especially Courtney is very helpful, she gave very good info on all activities, parking near beaches, shopping and restaurants. Rooms and interiors are well done. Only issue I have faced is that it took a while to get warm water@ shower!. Everything else is pretty good
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
RAJESWARA R
"A++ for the staff"
The location is quiet and isolated and facilities are ok, but the staff is the real shining jewel of this place. The service received well more than make up for any short comings of this place.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
ralph
"NICE!"
It was very pleasant. My husband and I would stay there again! Very affordable as well.
3 night romance trip Dec 8, 2014
Kiara
Staff was great. Room was great, except not enough table space for eating for two. Just one chair at desk. Breakfast was cold boiled eggs, hard bagels, rolls, concentrated oj, and condiments. Since its free it is what it is. Had a bottom room, heard footsteps upstairs..no Window view.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
emma
"Keep looking."
This was the worst check in that I've ever experienced. We were in the area well before check in time, so we decided to drop our bags at the hotel, go sight see, and check in later. There wasn't a bell boy in sight, and when I requested one from the only front desk person, I was told something about "being right with me", and "helping all these other people", and something about a shift change. After continuing to wait, I asked again to simply leave my bag, and the response made me feel like I was bothering or harassing the front desk. When it was finally my turn, I had to spell my first name three times,(Jean), and I clearly heard her say that MY accent was hard to understand. I'm from the U. S. and she clearly was not. I received a call hours later from the hotel telling us our room had a broken air conditioner, and they would be glad to move our luggage. I chose this hotel because of the amazing reviews I read online, placing it in the "excellent" column. When I arrived I expected many things from this wonderful place I'd read about, but excellence is far from what I received. All room views are of a roof or of a parking lot, the breakfast choices were poor, and the line for coffee, made one by one, was excruciatingly long. I cannot imagine how this hotel was rated so consistently high. It's adequate, but I would give it only a 5 out of 10, and would never choose to return.
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
Jean
"Great location, friendly staff, good breakfast,"
we enjoyed our stay at Daddy O. Well located in friendly neighbourhood close to Bal Harbour Mall and beach within walking distance. Good breakfast, free internet, friendly staff, comfortable clean room.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
petyde
"Smelly room. Thin walls and ceiling."
Leaking AC onto old carpet, smelled like dirty sponge. Heard upstairs people stomping for 4 hours. Every toilet flush heard thru thin walls. Staff ok. Zero porter help up the many stairs. Hall carpets old and dirty and worn.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
smellise
"home away from home"
4 night love love love it nice location good breakfast friendly stuff.Enjoy every moment. will be going back .room nice clean
4 night trip Nov 17, 2014
Sonia
"It was what we expected"
We arrived early but we were able the check inn either way. They helped us with every question we had and hotel staff was very friendly. The Hotel is good situated and we could relax just the way we planed.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Janine
Pretty nice hotel but walls were too thin, could hear people through the walls all day
"Budget Hotel"
I was looking for a place to stay close to the miami convention center that would be a less expensive alternative, than the hotels near by. I chose Daddy O because it got a very good rating. The hotel does offer some very nice room amenities, although, I wanted a quiet room with complete black out. There are shutters in the room I stayed in and even when tightly closed, the room is quite light in the day. The drapes do not cover the shutters, which would have markedly improved the room darkening effect. The hallway floors leading to my room were quite dirty and the hotel itself had a bit of a musty smell. The room seemed to be newly renovated. The bed was comfortable. There is no bathtub, only a stand up shower. There was hardly any water pressure for the second floor room I was in. Additionally, I asked for a quiet room and the receptionist said she didn't know how quiet any of the rooms were. I got an unattached room. I could hear the TV from a nearby room. The TV did not bother me, but made me realize the rooms were not soundproofed. The free breakfast was just standard. It included hard boiled eggs, choice of instant oatmeal or raisin bran. They only had whole milk. They should also offer at least 2% milk. They also had 2 choices of yogurt, bagels, and wrapped danish, coffee, tea, cocoa, filtered water and orange juice. Fresh fruit offered was oranges and rotten bananas. Quick Check in. there was limited parking on the street. Detachable shower head didn't work.
Shery
"Nice Hotel close to the beaches"
This hotel is close to the northern beaches of Miami Beach (Bay Harbor Island). In the vicinity there are also shops reaturants and a mall with many luxury goods shops. The staff was friendly and able to suggest interesting area to visit as well as restaurants, shops and beaches. Unique contro the breakfast area is too little the cupboard in the room. The breakfast is good.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Andrea
"Great little hidden gem"
This is a great little spot. Renovated a couple of years ago. The rooms are comfortable and pretty. Walk to beach, Bal Harbour shops, restaurants, 24 hour drugstore. Friendly helpful staff. Continental breakfast and coffee all day. I would advise getting a room off front street as we had cig smoke coming in open windows from smokers on front area. We were easily given another room.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Awesome hotel!"
We really enjoyed our stay here! The staff was outstanding! They were very welcoming and went above and beyond to answer our questions and make us feel comfortable. The bed was amazing and we slept like babies. The bathroom is a little small but that is the only negative thing I could say about our entire visit. Great place! We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in town.
2 night romance trip Nov 12, 2014
Suzanne
"outstanding"
My girlfriend from work and I stayed here and it's a cute boutique hotel. Nice free breakfast. No other amenities but perfect for the price. Would stay there again. Don't let the name fool you - this is a great hotel for a getaway.
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
Jean
"Inflexible policy"
Checked out 2 days early on a 5 day reservation. They refused to issue a refund. Perhaps booking directly would have prevented this problem
6 night trip Nov 5, 2014
HARVEY
"Over the top"
When we arived there was a hostess that was french. She was over the top in service. She made us feel so comfortable. She has the right job!! She smiled and was upbeat and a bit giddy lol. The room was awsome!
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
VINCENT
"Nice getaway"
It is near the beach and shopping. Cute boutique hotel. It is next door to a great hotel
2 night trip Oct 29, 2014
Charlene
Daddy O never fails! Great location and setting, friendly and proactive but non-invasive staff. Totally recommended.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Charlie
"Touch of Europe in Bal Harbour"
Delightful! Clean, attractive decor, quiet. 15in. Walk to beach and Hotel provides chairs and towels. Attentive staff! Delicious breakfast, with many choices. If there was a pool, it would be perfect!
5 night romance trip Oct 15, 2014