All hotels in Bay Harbor Islands, Florida, United States of America
9660 East Bay Harbor Drive, Bay Harbor Islands, FL, 33154, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
  • Value for money
    Room is all right
    Bad amenities
    Bad pool
Awesome location, min walk to bal harbour shopping mall and dining. Min walk to beach. Only dislike about room is the noise proof. You can hear everything next door, might affect your sleep.
3 night business trip May 30, 2015
"VERY GOOD!!!!"
Very good!!!, hotel SPECTACULAR, and the service was the best!!! THANKS.
2 night business trip May 29, 2015
Rodrigo
"Review Daddy O boutique style hotel"
Good for short stay. Small, modern small, fits king size bed and corner chair and desk/chair. mattress a tempurpedic but I found it to be too firm. room clean. walking distance to beach or short drive. walking distance to shopping and restaurants. friendly service. reasonable pricing for room. parking pricing a bit steep. convenient for us, close to family. would stay again.
3 night romance trip May 17, 2015
Bonnie
Great Hotel!! With nice atmosphere and close to a lot of nice places.
Other trip May 31, 2015
paulo
"Not the worst but not the best stay at Daddy Os"
It would have been a good stay if it weren't for the noise of works starting at 12:30 am. Lasting past 1:30am. We ended our stay one day early. Also I don't think it's appropriate to charge customers for parking while staying at your hotel
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Theresa
"Nice Hotel close to the beach and nice restaurants"
Very nice stay, clean and comfy rooms great location
Other trip May 28, 2015
Corona
"Hotel staff was not qualified"
The staff didn't roll up car windows they then never notified us that they parked my Benz truck with windows down all day. When we went downstairs for valet the attendant laughed with a smirk
Other trip May 24, 2015
stephanie
"Decent hotel for the price"
Stayed here for 2 nights while in Miami. Off the beaten path but within 10-15 minutes walking distance to the beach, 10 minutes walk to Starbucks, convenience store, and a few restaurants. Hotel room was small but clean and comfortable...hallway carpets could use a scrubbing. Nice continental breakfast. There was a somewhat curt and a perceived, not-so-happy-to-be-here front desk clerk, but she'll warm up if you turn on the charm. It was nice to have parking available for free (limited number of spots though). If there are no more free spaces left, there is a fee, but it is reasonable for Miami hotels (you park at a meter and the hotel pays it for you after you pay them.) However, parking in those meter spots is FREE between 6 p.m. and 8 a.m.!! So, if you have a car and plan on using it during the day, don't waste your money paying the parking fee.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"It's a nice hotel"
It's clean and comfortable.
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Bing
"Hotel stay at Daddy O"
The hotel should not charge parking to their customers. Every other hotel has free parking for their customers.
Other trip May 10, 2015
BS
"Mixed bag"
Couple of complaints: Room smelled like smoke. No pool.
3 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Never again"
This hotel was horrible. As soon as we walked in the room it spelled like mold. The shower rod was broken. And to top it all of there was a door which opened into the next room, where there was someone staying. I have no idea why this hotel has four stars.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Jackie
"Loved my stay at the Daddy O"
I stayed at the Daddy O for five days and I loved it . It's a cute little hotel with a lot of charm . The room was the perfect size and the staff was extremely helpful not to mention the location is great.
5 night trip with friends Apr 29, 2015
Willie
I have a great time there!! Nice staff!! Walking distance to a lot nice places!!
Other trip May 1, 2015
paulo
"Perfect place to rest your head."
Comfy and perfect.
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2015
sara
"Modern chic in Miami for cheap"
Overall a nice hotel for the price. Location was pretty easy to get to Miami landmarks. Updated relatively modern style. Breakfast was pretty minimal/uneventful - plain bagels, raisin bran, packaged oatmeal.
2 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
Lance
"Amazing!"
We had great experience staying in daddy-o. First of all the staff are wonderful and very friendly. Easy to talk and ask about the area since it's our first time there. It's clean and our room is also clean. The good thing is that it has free complimentary breakfast and u can borrow beach stuff.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
grace
"Not exactly what they are advertising"
I was blinded by some good reviews. The hotel needs some major renovation. The carpet is dirty, there is no valet parking. They charged me 4 dollars more per day (20 per or 16 per day can't recall) for the so called valet which was me parking my car in a public street and they paying the meter. The room was clean but the bathroom has a partial door that did not cover the whole shower so the bathroom floor was alway wet. Thus there were not enough towels... About the access to the beach line, the beach is 5 blocks away after crossing a brigde, a bit of a hike... if you don't mind to be sweaty when you get to the beach, go for it. Would have prefer to pay the extra 20 bucks for a downtown hotel...
2 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Diana
"Wonderful stay!"
Stayed there on a business trip last week and found it to be a great experience! Close to the beach and good restaurants. Parking was not an issue and I felt very safe! The staff was very helpful and kind. I would highly recommend this hotel if you're looking to stay near North Miami!
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Erin
"Quiet hotel close to the beach and shopping"
Perfect place to decompress. Comfy bed and stylish room. Staff was super nice!
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Marie
"Great location!!!"
Great location, shopping and restaurants in walking distance. Rooms are on the smaller side especially bathroom. Overall great service, complimentary wifi, breakfast and intl. phone calls.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
"Not that impressive..."
For one, they had no elevator, so we had to walk up the steps with our large suitcase. I had pre-paid for the room through hotels.com, therefore my card should have only been charged for incidentals, in which I also confirmed with the young lady at the front desk, however she turned around and charged my card for the entire stay; in which I already paid for. So of course due to their error, I have to wait 5-7 business days for my refund. The manager offered to comp my parking for the inconvenience, and asked if I'd used anything in the minibar. I told her my husband drank 1 Pelagrino water for $2.75(very specific) in which she in turn said she'd comp that as well for the inconvenience. So here's the kicker, my husband and I left out for a few hours, and upon return the young lady who double charged my stay was there. So I started discussing it with her, and she proceeds to tell me that a refund was issued however, they were charging me for 11 items missing from the minibar!!! What in the H -E double hockey sticks!!!! That minibar was so tired, I don't even believe there was ever a total of 11 things in it to begin with! Now keep in mind, I was very specific in what was taken from the minibar, and let's be real; if we took 11 items from the minibar and the manager was planning to comp it for our inconvenience, why would I only mention the water if there were really 10 add'l items taken?? Hello!! I have so much more to say, but the review won't allow anymore.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
New York NY
"Relax,perfect,,,"
Only,,perfect,,,for me....next bal harbour shopping,,
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
rob
"Nice hotel, excellent location"
The hotel is in a good condition, good location and the staff is nice. Breakfast is not good, fruits are only available for a few minuts, when bread runs out it is not supplied again
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Eduardo
"Fantastic value"
For Miami this is a very affordable property in a great location. Miami is SO expensive you cannot evaluate hotels the same way you do in other cities. This place was clean, relatively quiet, in a safe neighborhood, near beaches, restaurants, etc. Breakfast was typical continental. No elevator, so bear that in mind if you're bringing huge luggage.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
"Nice noisy room"
We stayed in the first floor and we could hear people walk in the room above all night! The room was very nice but the air conditioned didn't work. The clerk told us they were going to change it the next day we arrived but they never did it and we did not get further explanation.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Alfonso
"Nice place, great price. Neighborhood is quiet!"
Nice modern rooms, breakfast in the lobby, free coffee and tea. Close to everything.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Traveler
"pillows"
ewerything was fine except the fact that pillows was horrible for such hotel I would expect at least feather pillows it has to be changed
5 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
Roman
"Nice Boutique Hotel"
Totally worth to drive about 3 miles north of Miami famous South Beach, for the same amount of money you can stay in a much better place.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Andrea
It was good but the staff gave me a room with a bed when I booked two beds
"Close to Dr. Miami"
I came out here for meet & greet consultation with one of Miami's best surgeons & I was literally around the corner from him!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Shay
"Neat Place"
Hotel is nice. Not a lot of restaurants/bars near by.
2 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
richard
"Nice hotel at a quiet neighbourhood of Miami Beach"
The hotel was quite good, in a quiet neighbourhood (close to north beach). Very close to the beach, and basic shopping facilities. The staff was really friendly, breakfast was good, room sizes and the bathrooms were nice. Two things to be considered; if you want to experience the lively south beach neighbourhoods, you need to rent a bike or have a car. And the rooms have really thin walls, causing high amount of sound transmission. Other than these, I would really recommend this place. I enjoyed my stay there.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Daddy O"
Checking in was a mess. We stood at the counter for at least 10 minutes before we were acknowledged. There was only one person at the counter during check in time, which was quite odd I thought. The couple before us that checked in was given a room that was already occupied and had walked in on a gentleman.Once we were finally checked in we headed to our room. I was not aware that there were not elevators in this hotel and taking the stairs are your only option. Once we were in the room everything was great. We had issues connecting to the wi-fi so I called the front desk and they said they were aware of the problem and were working on it. The complimentary breakfast left much to be desired. We ended up walking down the road to a restaurant for breakfast. The hotel is in an area that is very quiet so we slept great at night. However, the walls are very thin and we could hear everything occurring in the rooms around us. There was no tub in the bathroom just a standing shower. Every time we turned the shower on it made this loud noise like the pipes were rattling and we could never quite figure out which way was hot or cold. The wi-fi did not work until the day we left. This was very disappointing, as my boyfriend needs access to the internet for work as he is on call 24/7. The hotel is about a 20-minute drive from South Beach but there are restaurants and shops within the area. I probably would not stay here again.
4 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Angela
"No WiFi"
Wifi did not work staff didn't seem at all concerned with this. Other than that friendly staff
5 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
paola
The location is really good and the staff members are really nice.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"best location, nice, quite and very chic hotel"
I was so happy that I chose this place. The location was great, not to far from the beach and got lots of store near by. Getting to south beach was not so hard too. I like this place because it was not crowded of people, so I got to sleep pretty good. Will definitely stay in this place everytime I go to Miami :)
2 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
nitipong
"Great Hotel - HORRIBLE Check-in / Out"
Neat little boutique hotel with small-hotel charm. The room was sufficient, but not luxurious and the hotel's small size meant the 1 staff person was the valet, front desk, and concierge all in one. The computer system they used appeard to be highly dysfunctional, as it took several minutes to buy a candy bar and several minutes to get a receipt at check out. Location is quaint and secluded in the Bal Harbor area, walking distance to the mall.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
Justin
"Cute"
Cute, clean, comfy, nice atmosphere, nice quiet neighborhood, nice people, nice front porch.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Good for one or two night stay..."
Hotel was decent...all day free coffee was nice touch...and breakfast and wine and cheese evenings also. Rooms decently appointed and clean. A little off the beaten path and can be noisy at night if windows overlook restaurant attached to building. Snacks in room are EXPIRED...not that I'd buy a small bag of chips for $3.00. Gentleman on front desk in the evening/night hours a little strange and a bit obnoxious, whereas women in daytime very nice. Too bad no pool. Otherwise, a decent hotel for price
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Clifford
"Daddy O's great stay"
Great lil hidden hideaway! Clean & comfortable [could use some better pillows] Close to beach, shopping & wonderful food nearby! For the price & location, we would totally stay here again!
2 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
martha
"Getaway"
Staff was helpful, room was very comfortable, overall a charming boutique hotel.
3 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
"great hotel amazing staff 5 minutes to beach"
Great place.But what really made the hotel so special was the amazing staff they really took their time to make sure everything was perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel. very clean and an extremely comfortable bed.it's just a five minute drive to Halover beach
2 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
"Room saves this Hotel from 2 star status."
I chose Daddy O Hotel after canceling a reservation for a well known hotel. My first problem is the check-in time 4 pm is way too late. The latest check in time I`ve seen for most hotels is 3 pm. Then I had to pay for parking. I`ve never paid for parking at any hotel before this one. The parking fee($16) was not explained to me over the phone when the desk clerk or manager called to confirm my reservation. I was told that I would pay a $50 deposit upon check-in, but I thought it would only be used for the drinks in the room. Last but not least, I see a charge of $5.50 on my card, so I call the front desk and asked what the charge was for. I was told that it was for (2) two bottles of Dasani water from the room. I told the clerk there was no water in the refrigerator when I checked in and I did not purchase any at the front desk. So I had to get that refunded. I could have blew it off, but it`s the principal. I went on a weekday to this Hotel, so for me, even tho I got a good nights rest
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
LeoEsquire
"Good choice for quick stay"
Hotel was quieter than expected. This was a nice surprise. For the price, good choice. Would have preferred more reasonably priced food choices and some sort of waterside restaurant or bar.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
"Visiting Miami"
It was great but needed to be a little cleaner.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
"Modern & Clean Rooms!"
Our room was wonderful.. Very modern & clean. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The shower was huge. It was also a short walk to the beach. We loved everything about this hotel!
2 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2015
halsie z
"Decent hotel"
Our visit for our anniversary was good. But we wish we could have reserved a place closer to the beach. You have to travel a few blocks to make it to the beach. One thing we wish was different inside the bathroom was that the glass doors would be all the way not only half way, it allows too much watet to splash to the outside, making a mess of water in the bathroom afterwards.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Nice hotel, too far away from Miami or South Beach"
The hotel is really nice with a fabulous staff. If you are looking for a hotel with easy access to Miami Beach or South Beach however, this is NOT the area to be in. The roads in this part of the Greater Miami area are clogged, so it takes a long time to get anywhere and taxis are not plentiful or reliable in showing up. The heating in my room also did not work which would not be a problem usually. It was the coldest night of the year when I stayed though, so the room was chilly. The service staff was available to give me extra blankets which helped.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2015
Ellen
"Quick Miami getaway"
Everything was excellent! Front desk staff were friendly and helpful--esp Billy. Room was spotless. Location was great. The walls are very thin but it was not a problem. Parking was easy--I recommend self parking--their are plenty of spots around the hotel. Will def stay again!
3 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015