All hotels in Oakland, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here170 Hegenberger Loop, Oakland, CA, 94621, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

2.9
"Horrible shuttle service!!"
Horrible shuttle service. We waited over 1 1/2 hours outside the Oakland Colisium after an event. This was after multiple calls. Avoid taking the shuttle back in the evening. Horrible experience.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
R
"Good airport location"
Wanted to stay somewhere near the airport, and this is a perfect location for that. Only a mile or so away, and a couple of blocks off the main road, so it was quiet. It's in an industrial neighborhood, but close to shopping and restaurants. Newly renovated, and new furniture, too!
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Eliot
"Business"
Only a few restaurants in walking distance
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"Excellent Experience"
This Hotel was Outstanding. Otter and the rest of the team were very professional. One of the best I have stayed at in a long time
3 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
Ardell
"Getting a facelift"
Only a one night stay, arrived late from the airport and left early. Very good transportation service, very helpful and courteous staff. Nice large room with very good bed and linens and nice pillows. In the process of renovation, should be a great choice when upgrades are finished.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"They forgot to pick me up."
I called for a shuttle. After being 20 minutes late I called again I was told that the driver forgot me.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Jerry
"DIRTY, RUN DOWN, and not a good BUY"
Okay...so this hotel had decent reviews. I paid way more than I should have for one night and a month in advance at $144. The hotel is dirty and run down in a bad neighborhood. The front desk clerk was SUPER nice and she had us sign a 'no-party' waiver, which I appreciated because that meant we would actually get some sleep and our hotel neighbors would not be keeping us up. The rooms are in the process of being renovated, but the carpet is old, ugly and musty. We had plaster in our bathroom where new light fixtures were being installed. My husband is a construction administrator and when a hotel wishes to renovate, it's best to shut down a few rooms at a time and really knock out all the renovations in that room quickly, not do it piece by piece. I felt paranoid all night about bugs, even though I never saw one. I could not believe how incredibly uncomfortable I was staying in this hotel for one night in order to catch a connecting flight the next day. This is hotel is 1 star at best. SORRY.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Deborah
"golden state stay"
Lots of ongoing work & remodeling. once done it should be nicer
4 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"No thanks!"
This hotel was in a seedy industrial area with homeless people digging in the trash in the parking lot. Another visitor told us during our stay that their vehicle had been broke into. The rooms felt dirty, many upgrades needed. I was so uncomfortable with the stay, I didn't want to fall asleep. The worst hotel I've stayed in a long time.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Great nights rest..."
The neighborhood has an industrial climate and feel to it and there were many homeless and pan-handlers in the area. The hotel itself was awesome, though there was some remodeling noise and traffic in progress during our stay. The room was very comfortable and the bed was great. We got a good nights sleep. Breakfast was what we expected and we were very satisfied with choices and cleanliness. Overall it was a great stay.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"not good"
Not happy
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Oakland Airport Hotel"
Stayed there two separate nights. A Sunday and a Wednesday. Nice place, very convenient for the airport, with a shuttle pick-up from a car rental and/or the airport. That allowed me to drop the car off the night before we left on an early morning flight. Used their computer and printer to get my Southwest Airlines boarding pass. Nice breakfast, very much like other hotel chains. Close to the Interstates as well.
1 night romance trip May 20, 2015
"We'd Go Back"
While the neighborhood is industrial and nothing to speak of, the hotel itself could not be more accommodating--friendly and helpful staff, nice rooms, convenient location.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Dale
"10"
Are stay was very nice, the staff were very helpful and friendly,the breakfast were very good the food was different every day and always good thank you will be back next year.
4 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Keep looking...."
The property is definitely a bit run down. Light fixture covers were missing in the bathroom, some of the lights in the room didn't work, and worst of all, holes and tears in the curtains were "repaired" using clear packing tape. The hotel is located reasonably close to the airport and the professional sports venues which is convenient. But the hotel shuttle only runs twice an hour. They say it's "on-call", but that's a misnomer because it only runs twice an hour. So you might be waiting a half hour for a shuttle. And if there are more than six people waiting then someone is waiting for another half hour. And if there are more than twelve people waiting then you should get a cab or start walking. I know it seems unlikely, but after a sporting event lets out a lot of people are looking for a way back to the hotel at the same time.
2 night trip May 11, 2015
"awesome"
It was amazing
1 night romance trip Apr 6, 2015
"Not bad"
We used the Map app on my iPhone to get there and found the route hilarious. Hegenberger Loop to Hegenberger Rd with a wrong turn onto Hegenberger Ct.
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
Debra
"OK hotel but VERY SLOW WIFI and Ancient phone"
Overall the hotel is good. However, the phone is ancient like the 60's with no speaker or mute option which are not business friendly! The internet was horribly slow! I cannot do any work using the hotel wifi! I ended up have to use my phone hot spot to supply wifi to my laptop!
3 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"Great Staff and Service"
The service with Best Western was great! The staff at the front desk are very nice and helpful. As well as the shuttle drivers. Would stay here again.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Pretty good; neighborhood not so much"
Clean and very nice staff. The neighborhood isn't one you feel like walking around in, but that's my only true complaint. It's what you'd expect for the price, and breakfast was pretty good.
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
"Good option when traveling through Oakland airport"
Oakland isn't the greatest/safest city in CA, but this hotel was a great experience for our family. I think my favorite thing about the hotel is the free Shuttle that not only does airport runs, but will also take you to other locations within 2-3 miles. The Shuttle took us to a nearby In and Out restaurant as well as the nearby Amtrak station. Staff was very nice, pool was well kept, breakfast on the Sunday morning we were there was above average. Warm items on the buffet were a hit with my family. Overall a very good experience despite the barbed wire fences at businesses in the area and warnings signs about car break-ins in the vicinity. This is Oakland.
1 night family trip Apr 14, 2015
"Nice & comfortable"
I enjoyed my stay the room was nice and clean the bed was very comfortable I would stay here again. Don't let the neighborhood scary you this is a nice hotel
3 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
"5 nite stay-great staff"
Stayed for 5 nites; hotel staff was very attentive and helpful. Brisa in particular was great. Staff drove us back and forth to Bart station as many times as we needed. Hotel in industrial area; a bit sketchy at nite. But felt safe to walk around in daytime to nearby Walmart and restaurants. Hotel was clean and somewhat updated. Had double queen room and it was fine. Surprisingly quiet at nite, except for constant fan roar in bathroom that you can't turn off. Looked inside a king suite and it was more updated. Breakfast was sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, breads, yogurts, gravy, etc. Pool was clean & it was nice to have it indoors. If you use the Bart station, it can be very sketchy at nite. Hotel will pick you up at the 15 & the 45 (eg. 8:15, 9:45) when you call. Recommend that if you arrive way ahead of pickup time, that you stay up top on platform as there can be a few scary folks loitering outside the station on the roadside.
5 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
"great stay for a great price"
my stay was amazing as always
1 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
darrell
"Price is best part"
Stained chair overlooked, room lighting "under repair", neighborhood felt shady but friendly staff stood out.
3 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
james
"Good stay"
Very nice hotel amongst the airport area. We stayed there to avoid the cost of staying in SFO and pay for parking, etc. It was a good decision. We ended up having to stay an extra night in the area due to weather back home but the hotel was booked. It was a bummer considering where we stayed was no where near the cleanliness of this hotel. Would stay there again of we are back in the area.
2 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
Victoria
"quick ttip"
We had a very late check in, and the staff could not have been more helpful.
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
Lynda
"Always check the neighborhood"
I was shocked at where this hotel is located. Though the hotel was nice, I did not feel safe in the neighborhood. I worried about my car in the parking lot.
3 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
michelle
"Stay Here if You Need to Be Close to the Airport"
We stayed overnight to be close to the Oakland Airport. The staff was very helpful, and just, really, nice. We somehow felt like we mattered to them. Breakfast was more than I anticipated with a "continental" description. We expected cereal and fruit, but there were also hot eggs, waffles, sausages, etc.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Exellent"
It was very confortable. Cafeteria very clean also the personal very politely.
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Satisfied"
Although the location is not so great the Hotel itself was very comfortable & the staff were excellent!
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
"Great place to stay near the airport"
This is a nice hotel that is very close to the Oakland airport. If you are here for business it is a great place to stay... First, the rooms are all updated and clean and one of the most important things to me is their Internet speed. It is actually one of the fasted Internet connections I have ever used at a hotel anywhere, and I travel a lot. - The rooms have refrigerators and microwaves and there is a Wal-Mart about a mile away if you are trying to save a little money... This is a 2nd time that I have stayed here and I highly recommend staying here.
3 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"best airport hotel for the buck.."
0vernight...clean and functional..
1 night trip with friends Mar 10, 2015
Joan
It was a ruff night but I made the best of it. I was in the lobby for 3 hours trying to check in.but once in it was a nice time from that moment on
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
jazzmen
Rooms were very clean and fresh. I also liked the breakfast.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"not here..."
Terrible staff...forgot to send shuttle to airport.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
"Layover in Oakland"
The staff was very friendly. The room was noisy and the shower rod was broken. This meant a shower was difficult. Breakfast was ok. The airport shuttle was great, they picked us up within 10 minutes. The next morning was an easy trip back to the airport. Both drivers were very friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
Don
"Good Overnight Stay"
Overnight stay fitted our need as it was close to the airport and had places to eat nearby. It was a good jump off point to the north. Room was nicely set up and large with good sitting area. Breakfast was good. Topping it off: the price was right.
1 night trip with friends Feb 4, 2015
"Very Comfortable"
Like other reviews, the neighborhood around the corner was a little shakey. But the hotel was very nice. The people there were very polite and helpful. This was one of the more comfortable rooms that I've ever stayed in, in any hotel, and was very quiet. I would highly recommend this to anyone, and i will stay there again if I am back in town. Thank you!
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"Exactly what I was looking for."
The hotel has just finished renovations & they are still workong on the finishing touches. Other than a few minor cosmetic details everything was exactly as described. I'd definitely stay again.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"location, location, location?"
location is not for everyone, nice staff
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Alan
Good hotel, friendly staff, clean large refurbished room king bed room. Just over a mile from the Coliseum. Which made it a bit to far to walk. They do have a shuttle that runs but it only seats 5 so after a large event the wait can be pretty long, we chose to take a taxi. Left early so we did not get to try the breakfast.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Jess
"pros and cons"
The night shift crew, ricardo, brisa, Richard was very helpful, spent time expanding where things were in the community, and explained breakfast and airport transportation to us, and helped us to order dinner. We left them a gift. The morning crew was rude and not considerate. Breakfast suppose to start at 6am they older desk lady was saying no it starts at 7am. We had a huge party to take to the airport and we talked it over with the night crew, she was telling us that the shuttle will not be able to take us all in time. She was rude, barely spoke English, and had no customer service!! Rooms, I got non smoking, was clean but it did have a distinct smell. The hotel is clean and nicely set up. The community: it is located in a ln industrial area close to walmart, in and out but super not safe to walk to any where. The pool was heated and the jacuzzi was nice.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Raquel
"Decent Bay area airport hotel"
Ok airport hotel. Reasonably clean and maintained. Location could be better as the surroundings are a bit run down. Comfortable beds and quiet environment partially make up for it.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Good budget hotel"
Surroundings is a bit ghetto. Although nothing was stood out, the hotel is in decent shape and serviced adequately. Beds are comfortable and staff was friendly.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Okay for short stay"
Clean...friendly staff...located in an area of town that's not the best...convenient to major routes
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Decent hotel"
Location is not in the safest part of town. Several homeless people loitering around the hotel.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
steve
"Great hotel in a good location"
Stayed for one night on my way out of San Francisco. Check was easy, staff very helpful and the room was clean, comfy, and quiet. Would stay again.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Jake
"Almost a 10"
Right by the airport but still quite. The room was big with a sleeper sofa for my son(he loves that). The king size bed was suprisenly soft. Oh and a great breakfast with make you own waffles. In door pool too. The hotel made up for the rude front desk.
1 night family trip Dec 10, 2014
"decent!"
Really nice hotel staff! Pretty well updated for a Best Western! Not the safest neighborhood, but our expectations weren't too high knowing we were staying in Oakland. Had some cleanliness issues in our room. The biggest one was- the way the bed was made- large throw pillows (which are typically never washed) was set on top of the pillows we would be sleeping on. The beds were super comfortable and it was very convenient to the airport!
1 night family trip Dec 15, 2014