All hotels in Oakland, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here170 Hegenberger Loop, Oakland, CA, 94621, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

2.9
The hotel desk staff people were very nice and accommodating. Our room was comfortable, but two of the lamps were annoying because they were tipsy and didn't work easily. The breakfast was very disappointing because it was not good. We would not recommend that anyone eat the breakfast at the motel.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"close to the ballpark"
very pleasant stay!! great staff!! clean rooms!!! will return!!!
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Obed and Lynn
"Near to the event attended"
Overall satisfied. very convenient for what I came to do. The free parking and free breakfast clinched the deal for me.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Mikol
The hotel is located in a bad area in Oakland. We were greeted by a homeless man digging in the trash can at the hotel entrance. We were given a key to someone else's room. This was an embarrassing experience to enter someone else's room. The hotel is an older building with worn furnishings, and had a stale odor. The curtain in our room had small holes and the curtain was partially hanging off the curtain rod. If my hotel fee was not prepaid, we would have definitely found a better hotel. The hotel management needs to update the pictures on their website. The pictures are misleading in reference to the inside and outside appearance of this hotel. I did not feel entirely safe.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Not Satisfied
"excellent place to stay"
Friendly and helpfull staff I fealt very safe and confartable i would definetly higly recomand this hotel and would stay again on our next trip.
5 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
dalia
"Vacation"
Nice hotel. Very close to the oakland airport. However the location is tricky to find since I am a person not from the Bay Area I did not know that there is a Hegenberger street, avenue, and loop. The hotel is located on Hegenberger loop which caused some initial confusion in finding it. Other than that a nice stay and staff were very helpful and the breakfast selection was good.
4 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Maria
We prepaid for this hotel using Hotels.com, as the room was free using our rewards; well it should have been anyway. The hotel ended up charging us full price after we checked out.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2014
Harry
It was a good hotel for the night before our flight out of Oakland.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Decent Stay"
Some friends and I stayed here for our annual baseball trip. This hotel was a good deal. It was cheap, it accommodated 14 of us, and we had no issues with the hotel at all. Our shuttle driver, Glenn, was beyond awesome. The shuttles to and from the airport and BART were timely with no issues. Other than the bad neighborhood this hotel seems to be located around (not really the hotel's fault), our stay was perfect and I would gladly stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2014
The breakfasts were great. The shuttle was helpful and timely. Having an indoor pool and hot tub was a treat. The location to BART and walmart, restaurants were a plus. Staff was professional and friendly. Will defintely come back to this location.
3 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Mom of three
"Best bang for your buck"
We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of this hotel, not to mention, the only area hotel with an INDOOR pool (we looked EVERYWHERE!). The price was very reasonable, plus breakfast was included. Very rare to find in other areas of the Bay. Conveniently located near Oakland airport, with easy on-off I-880. Will definitely recommend this place to family and friends, and will look forward to staying here again ourselves!
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2014
"mini vacation"
we spent 2 days there and the staff were very accommodating to our every need. even at 4 in the morning!
kimmy
I was overcharged ... Hotels.com charged me for 2 adults instead of 1 and the room was overcharged for the quality. The free breakfast was of poor quality but it was clean and sanitary.
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2014
dj
"Nice hotel but very bad location"
I chose this hotel because of it's proximity to the Airport and the shuttle ride to the airport was a quick and easy ride. The shuttle service to and from the nearest Bart station however left a lot to be desired. I had to take a cab twice from the Coliseum/Oakland Airport Bart station to the hotel because the hotel wanted us to wait 45 minutes one night and the shuttle wouldn't wait 2 minutes the next even after I called the hotel and asked that they have the shuttle wait.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
I only stayed one night but all the staff I had contact with were very pleasant. I arrived in town early and they accommodated me quickly with an early check-in. The shuttle service was perfect too.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
The free breakfast was perfect and the room was super comfortable. It was a bit of a distance from UC Berkley but well worth it. We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Cal.mom
"Nice and Clean Hotel"
Very nice room (2Dbl) with fridge, microwave, TV. Beds were quite comfortable. Plenty of room for family of four. Good value, especially with included breakfast (continental, but with hot scrambled eggs and sausage). Very clean place with respectful staff.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Clean, easy & affordable"
We needed a clean and convenient place to stay before catching a morning flight out of Oakland airport, and this did the trick. It's a bit out of the way, but it didn't feel unsafe. And the continental breakfast was surprisingly extensive - they even had their own waffle maker :) Would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Aaron S.
"Nice hotel, close to Oakland Colliseum"
Easy location. Convenient complimentary shuttle to arena. Not in the best of neighborhoods, but they keep property safe.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Hard to find. Cleanliness is issue"
I had a hard time finding the hotel, it is located off the main street in an industrial area near the airport. The bed was comfortable. Doors and surfaces did not seem clean to me. OK place for a quick trip.
2 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
Business Traveller
"Good hotel but needs more..."
Indoor pool ,jacuzzi,free full breakfast,free parking.Great! it is on a tough neighborhood. A person fallowed me all the way up to the building enterance and asked me for things.When I told the incident to a staff mamber I was treated as if I am the cause of the problem instead of calling security!
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
world traveler
"The only negative was it was hard to find"
The staff was very helpful. They gave us the information we needed. The lobby was very clean. Our room was ready and very clean. We will go there again when we are in the area.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
burgie
"Clean and Upgraded rooms"
Bathroom was new and room was very spacious. Very close to airport. Front desk was helpful in guiding about bay area commute and places to see and helpful to arrange for shuttle to Car rental space. Arranged the shuttle ride just for me, didn't have to wait at all.
1 night business trip May 31, 2014
Abhi
"the best of the best!"
I had a wonderful stay at the hotel and every service and amenity was excellent! The manager and other staff were very professional and accommodating. Breakfast in the morning was excellent! ROOMS were clean. And appropriate. Was an awesome stay over all.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
"Best Western Plus, Oakland, CA"
The neighborhood surrounding the hotel is in a terrible industrial area - but it is convenient to the Oakland Airport which is its main attraction and has decent rates. One thing that irks me is that they take the old fashion credit card impression hard copy and want it signed - for incidentals - and hold it in file to be destroyed later?? even when we checked in after midnight as we did on our last stay. This is just another opportunity for identity theft and not a practice followed elsewhere where we've stayed.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
"Nice for Airport stay"
We found the hotel convenient to stay as we picked my wife arrival in Oakland. We noticed airport shuttle was available but did not use it due to having a personal vehicle. Parking was free. The area the hotel is located on is a block off the main road to the airport. The neighborhood is a light industrial area. This caused me no problem but I realize some do not like this. Overall the hotel stay was a very good one and staff very helpful. As a director for several resorts in the South Pacific I was pleased with the operations of the hotel. I will stay here again due to frequent trips to Oakland.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
"Grad week-end"
Room comfortable and clean. Hot breakfast and very good.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Convenient for Oakland airport"
Hotel van picked me up from BART station, which was convenient and only took 5 minutes to get to the airport in the morning for an early flight.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Nice choice for overnight at OAK."
This hotel was comfortable, clean and very accommodating. Their shuttle will take you to the BART as well as the airport. Some other hotels near the airport do not offer that service.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
"Great Room Wrong Location"
Facilties were great! Family living in Oakland insisted we NOT stay in this area. Moved to union Square in S.F. 4times price, lesser qualty room.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Don
"Only 5 minutes from airport"
The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. The free shuttle picked us up from the rental car area and delivered us to hotel and then returned us to the airport less than 6 hours later (a short night). They allowed us to go into the breakfast area (which didn't open until 6 a.m.) and take some coffee/tea "to go" along with whatever we wanted from the fruit, bread, dry cereal and yogurt selection available at 4:20 a.m. Our room was FREEZING when we came in, so the first thing we did was turn up the heat! There was an air conditioner that checked on and off that somehow had some sort of attached hose that sounded like running water. As long as I could imagine I was sleeping next to a stream, i eventually fell asleep. The next morning my husband found a used washcloth in the shower from the previous guest. Other than that, the room was very clean, the bed comfortable and there was even a refrigerator in the room to house my strawberries purchased for breakfast...
Other trip May 18, 2014
Vicki
Nice hotel, it worked for the night.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Mel
"Would definitely recommend for overnight stay"
I was looking for an over night stay in Oakland, as my I had to fly at 06:00 AM in the morning from OAK and return my rental car. So was not sure about how the timings work. So decided to stay close to the airport. Reading past reviews helped me finalize this hotel. This hotel offers Breakfast but I did not get a chance to taste their breakfast as I had to leave @04:30 AM. They have a shuttle to airport, which is definitely helpful for those who come without a car. Airport rental car return is just 2 miles and gas station 0.2 miles. I would definitely recommend this hotel for an over night stay.
Other trip May 7, 2014
Jagdhish
"Nothing good to say"
Website said I could park there free while away (flying out of Oakland). At check in I was told that service "isn't available" when you purchase through Expedia. And "There's nothing I can do" because it's non-refundable and the "lot is full". Also LOUD fan in the bathroom I could t turn off. Supposedly in every room due to hotel ventilation system. Also, no "to go" breakfast as I was leaving before continental opened. Other hotels offer this. Not friendly and I won't stay there again.
Other trip May 1, 2014
This Was A Very Nice Hotel, But Following The Navigation We Had To Go Through A Ran Down Neighborhood, Which Was very Concerning. Other Than That, It Was A Nice Hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2014
"Very concerned about this place..."
The receptionist couldn't remember why I was there. I asked for more sets of towels and he gave me a hand full of towels and said "is that enough?" The breakfast was convenient but not very good.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Close to airport with good shuttle service"
Perfect for the price. Picked us up at midnight with no problem . Great breakfast included
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"convienent"
Needed a place to crash before an early morning flight arrival. It was clean. The staff were very nice. the room was huge. Very quiet. The area was a business area. The breakfast had waffles biscuits and gravy bananas and apples, yogurt, cereal, toast sausage patties and scrambled eggs. Can't complain about it at all. Traveled across to SF in the evening for a show traffic was typical for the area always plan for traffic when staying in the Bay Area. Down fall, we had to park on the street as not enough parking, and heater thermostat did not work so the room spiked to 88 degrees instead of 70 in the middle of the night. We would stay again.
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
"Great for A's Game's !"
We were a little worried when we booked this room do to the area, price and some other review's. But we had a perfectly pleasant evening. The room was clean, nice sized , smelled fine. The breakfast was great and served later than most other chain's. Could have had free shuttle to the game, but it was sunny so we walked. No problem's, saved 30 bucks on Stadium parking to boot. Did'nt use the Pool but it looked great. Only issue was no early check in. We came for a 1 PM game and couldn't use the room till 3PM, Next time we'll come a day early if it's a day game. But they still let us park free offered the game shuttle, and had the room ready upon return. Maybe some of the reviewer's just have to high of standard's ? We had a blast, see ya next time. All ready booked the room.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Quick Overnight"
We had a very short overnight layover from a late flight in and mid morning flight out of Oakland. Hotel was great and we all slept fine. Breakfast was pretty good too. The only complaint I have is that we waited over 30 min for the airport shuttle at midnight with 2 small children. I had to call 2 times to ask about it and apparently it had come and not seen us so it left without waiting. So we had to call again and wait another 10+ min. We called at 1145p and did not get the shuttle until 1225a. So that wasn't awesome, but all in all we got a place to sleep. I did call them the day of and inform them of a late arrival.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
Christy
"worked for being close to airport"
Was ok could use more parking new elevator or center stairway
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
"Very convenient and close to the airport"
I have stayed here numerous times. It's a convenient location to the airport. The staff is helpful and friendly. The room is very clean and extremely comfortable. I will stay here again in the future.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Al
"Decent hotel"
Overall our stay was decent. Check-in took unecessarily long, and water was not provided except for vending machines. Other than that, room was comfortable, staff was friendly, and they had 24hr shuttle service.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Enjoyed our stay"
Front desk was helpful and nice. Maids on the other hand were rude and annoyed. However, rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. It was a great stay it was raining outside and my kids were swimming in side. Our breakfast in the morning was great! We will be back
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
VBAYZE
Filthy....Dirty ....Best Western better made a visit
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
"Completely Happy"
I was traveling with a group of teenagers and this hotel was near the Oracle Arena where we were attending WE Day in March. The hotel was gracious and patient with us. I felt safe knowing I was with a group of kids. They picked us up from the airport and shuttled us around to the Bart Station and back to the hotel for free. We were even checked in early too. I definitely recommend this place for that purpose. Breakfast was good too. There are nearby places to eat where you can walk to. I will definitely be back to stay here if I have to do any events at the Oracle event.
1 night trip Mar 25, 2014
Irma
"Saved from traffic!"
We stayed here to avoid the insane Monday morning traffic for a mid-morning departure from OAK. The grandsons loved the pool and the only thing that would have been better would be to have a suite with two queen beds but we made do. Breakfast was good and the walking proximity to Walmart and the strip restaurants was good. The neighborhood was a little shady but if you have numbers you'll be fine. All in all it was a good place and good decision.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2014
MrT
"Everything is great"
Had a good night sleep
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
SG
"Great Service"
The front desk was especially helpful. Free shuttle to 4 local restaurants. The italian we had was yummy!
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Kamber G
"Not bad. Not great"
Was hit up by a bum looking for money as soon as we got out of car. Didn't have our reservation when we arrived although we had made it an hour before. No one on the staff has ever been trained to smile or greet guests. One of the lights in the room kept flashing like a strobe light. Toilet seat was loose. Too bad because with some management and training, this could really be a nice property. Overall ok for somewhere to stay before flying out.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014