All hotels in Oakland, California, United States of America
170 Hegenberger LoopOaklandCA94621United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

Great pool
    Clean
    Rather comfortable
"Stay at Best western oakland"
Receptionist was amazing! Super Sweet and efficient! Her name was something like Lanika. She deserves a raise.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
Tamy
"Very comfortable and afordable"
A great overnight option close to the airport.
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Pamela
"Perfect airport access"
Perfect for quick airport access. Very friendly staff and shuttle driver.
1 night romance trip Sep 14, 2015
Lawrence
"OK in a Pinch"
Because of a large conference in SF that sucked up all the normal hotels that I'd use, I chose to stay here. The hotel was ok...clean but very plain. Bed, sheets, and towels were fairly new and comfortable. The ice machine on my floor didn't work and the elevator was slow and creaky. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and polite. They offer a free shuttle to the OAK airport and BART, which I used. I wasn't crazy about that service...if you called for the shuttle they pointedly said it came at the scheduled times (quarter past the hour or whatever)...only often it didn't, and one time I waited over half an hour at BART (you have to stand in a very sketchy location to wait for the shuttle - I chose to wait under a streetlight and flag down the driver as they passed).
2 night business trip Sep 14, 2015
Shabby but clean. Nice breakfast. Needs a makeover.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
"Always stay at the Best - Best Western!!"
Staff were friendly and helpful, shuttle service was top notch, breakfast was excellent(served REAL eggs)!
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
"Did not get what we requested or paid for."
I purchased the stay for 2 friends, one who required a roll in/walk in shower. The stay was a birthday gift for one who is not able to get out much and the one thing she said she would love is to be able to shower in a space she could easily walk into. On the Hotels.com site, I specifically requested this in the check off box and in a written statement in the comment section of my reservation. I was very disappointed to hear that my dear friend, who has mobility issues did not receive this room at the hotel. She asked upon check-in about it and was assured she got the room requested. She happens to be overweight, so average sized tubs are difficult for her, but that does not negate what I specifically requested and paid for. I have been a long time customer of Hotels.com, often bypassing other websites, w/better room offers, to remain loyal due to past great customer service, accurate reviews and descriptions of properties, and overall good experiences I have received choosing Hotels.com. Best Western Plus Airport Inn, I am disappointed that you did not accommodate my friend. I'm not sure if you have/had the room we requested-at the time of my reservation it appeared you did-but once you realized that you did not have the room available, you should have notified me immediately so that I could have made other arrangements for my friends. It was clearly stated what she needed for her stay. Thank you for your consideration.
2 night trip with friends Sep 7, 2015
"As Game"
Went for an Oakland As game, shuttle service took us right to the colleseum which we hadn't expected, nice surprise, and wherever we wanted to go after. Hotel was basic but clean and updated. Would stay again...price dropped hours after we booked.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"Nice hotel with EZ shuttle service to airport and"
Very pleasant stay. Room was clean and nicely equipped. Staff friendly and helpful in finding nearby restaurants. Offered to drive us there but we walked. Shuttle van to airport was too small for number of people wanting to board at 7 AM but they apologized and made a second trip very quickly. Would stay there again.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
We had a lovely stay. Your staff was very courteous, friendly & helpful. We would come back again. We enjoyed the breakfast, & the shuttle service was a great treat.
3 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"I like the hotel."
It was clean. The kids love the pool. I would go back and stay there again. The breakfast was good to.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Nichole
"Very nice hotel in industrial neighborhood"
Very nice hotel with great amenities and front desk service. Very convenient location near Oakland Intl Airport. However the surrounding area is industrial buildings and alley mechanics. Shuttle service takes you nearly anywhere u want to go FREE!
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Patrick
"Nice hotel with great service"
Enjoyed our short stay at the Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites in Oakland. Vivian, the shuttle driver, picked us up at the airport, took us to the ball game at the coliseum, picked us up again, took us to the Oakland Aviation Museum, and back to the hotel again. Lots of stuff around, but not sure I would want to walk the area at night. Girl at the front desk was very nice as well, but don't remember her name. Room clean and bed comfy.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Best Western lived up to its name. Great Stay!"
The hotel was surprisingly very nice. The area wasn't the greatest in terms of a view but it was a safe area and that's what really counts in the end. It was very close to the airport which was a major plus for me. The bathroom was very spacious which was another pleasant surprise. The bed was very comfortable and had the best pillows that I have ever slept on. They also had a free hot breakfast. It wasn't a continental breakfast, it was a full on breakfast with eggs, sausage, biscuits, toast, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee and it was all free and all you can eat. Major points for that.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2015
Carter
"Great service--close to airport"
Family Reunion...other family members there, staff placed us close together. Excellent location and shuttle service was awesome. .
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"I favor Best Western but"
Their was a fan in the bathroom that ran loud all night, when I asked about how to turn it off , I was told that they new the fans were broken. She also said nothing could be done about it.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
i enjoy a qiut
Awesome service, nice hotel in a good location. Family was happy with all amenities. Thank you!!!!
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
kristofer
Neighborhood was not what we expected.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
we enjoyed our stay. Very nice that van took us to restaurant and picked us up
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
linda
"Nice hotel close to Oakland Airport, CA"
The overall experience was satisfactory. One aspect of the hotel was the comfort of the bed and the pillows. We had stayed in Marriott and Westin during this trip, but the most comfortable one from a sleep perspective was The Best Western hotel.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Sridhar
"Great, comfortable stay."
Staff was wonderful, Brenda was really friendly and got us checked in quickly. We loved our comfortable, clean room. Breakfast included waffles, sausage, eggs, bagels, cereal, pastries, etc, perfect for our boys. My nine year old loved the indoor pool and spa and the fact that they were crystal clear and did not smell of chlorine. Walmart, Panda Express, In-N-Out just a couple blocks away. Free hotel shuttle service got us to and from the Coliseum for our A's game. Will stay here again whenever visiting the area.
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
McLemore
"good stay, close to airport"
An alright hotel, it was hard to find. off the main road tucked behind other hotels. glad they had breakfast, wouldn't want to try and find a place to eat in that neighborhood.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Overnight for to catch flight.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
Colleen
Was sleeping days and was not disturbed by anyone. Hotel shuttle drivers were very nice , as were all the other employees.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Beds comfortable and hotel quiet. Shuttle a+
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
"Adequate on a budget."
The hotel was a good price, and you get what you pay for.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Stayed at hotel at the end of a long business trip, as I was catching an early morning flight the next day. Hotel was clean, located well to airport and had excellent shuttle service. Was perfect for my purposes.
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
Great front desk service and courtesy. Kids liked pool and spa area. Very nice (and popular) breakfast. Good lobby coffee. Nice hotel in sketchy neighborhood, but I'll be back for airport convenience and A's baseball.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Close to Oakland airport"
A quick overnight stay while waiting for our early morning flight out of the Oakland airport.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Older hotel, good price though and very friendly staff. Located behind the Main Street. Nonetheless the neighborhood was a little scary.
3 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
Staff very friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Juana
"close to airport."
Staff was great. Breakfast was very good. Room was ok. Area was interesting.
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
robert
"Airport stay"
It was okay, a little strange decor. Good breakfast friendly staff, scratchy sheets. Great shuttle service to airport.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Nice staff, clean rooms, and enjoyed the indoor pool. Free breakfast was a nice touch. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Nice hotel near airport and restaurants"
Went there for a night, the surrounding areas may not look so good, but once you enter the hotel's parking area, its like a whole new location. The hotel it self loos very nice and we'll kept. The staff was friendly and even asked what floor i would like to stay in. The room was big, well kept, and the bed was comfortable. The toilet did make loud sounds when flushed, but it's a minor thing. Would Stat there again.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Far-above-average for OAK overnight"
Pros: Extraordinary staff; close proximity to airport and services; very nice swimming pool, business center, early morning 'breakfast' hours, flexible airport and neighborhood transport, room amenities, acoustics and comfort all very pleasant for close-to-OAK overnights
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
susan
"Fine, not great."
The bed was comfortable. The curtains blocked out the sun. The breakfast had a lot of variety and hot food choices, which are always appreciated. I liked that you couldn't hear the airplanes even though we were near the airport. The bathroom door did not stay open on its own. I found this annoying when I was brushing my teeth and my boyfriend was trying to chat with me from the bed. If I want the door closed, I close it. If I want it open, I shouldn't have to put a waste basket in the door.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Diana
"Close to Oakland airport ...."
Hotel is an industrial area with no late night food options aside from a Denny's -however the hotel provided free shuttle service to a convenience store. Hotel staff were courteous and helpful especially the morning shuttle driver who took us to our rental car. Hotel itself is dated and in need of updating but our room was clean, but the bed wasn't comfortable. Very close to the airport so was convenient, for a late night arrival, but the price (over $150) should have warranted a better quality hotel.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
"Superb Staff"
Comfortable..... we stayed the hotel during remodeling, location is great, they offered free shuttle to airport to San Francisco and they even drop and pick my parents to the train station.. Staff met and exceed expectation, my mom got sick and they assisted her at their utmost capabilities. Two thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Luis
"Close to Oakland airport with 24 hour shuttle"
The hotel seemed a little higher priced for a Best Western, but it did have a 24 hour airport shuttle. We had a 6:00 am flight out of Oakland airport, so that shuttle was very convenient.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Lawrence
Stayed after going to the baseball game in Oakland
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Esmeralda
"Nice hotel, poor location"
Once you are inside the hotel, everything is great. We did not feel very safe in the neighborhood at all :(
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Tonya
"Poor, poor room design"
This place is in the category of suite-hotels. The rooms are a little bigger than most. The good news includes large room, clean & quiet, micro & mini-fridge in room and for some folks the large Jacuzzi tub (but I'm married and we don't do that sort of thing.) The place is in rehab and our room was done over. It has little problems that can easily be fixed like the big wall mirror in the room that hangs behind the big flat screen TV. And some a little more challenging like no light over the bathroom mirror! A minor problem for the husband who wants to shave a bigger problem for the wife who wants to paint her face. Also the scarcity of counter space a small problem for the husband and a bigger problem for the wife. The big fat pillows were a challenge but I can miss one night's sleep. If we stayed more than one night I would try to get decent pillows from housekeeping or go buy some from the store.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
AllenM
"Horrible shuttle service!!"
Horrible shuttle service. We waited over 1 1/2 hours outside the Oakland Colisium after an event. This was after multiple calls. Avoid taking the shuttle back in the evening. Horrible experience.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
R
"Good airport location"
Wanted to stay somewhere near the airport, and this is a perfect location for that. Only a mile or so away, and a couple of blocks off the main road, so it was quiet. It's in an industrial neighborhood, but close to shopping and restaurants. Newly renovated, and new furniture, too!
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Eliot
"Business"
Only a few restaurants in walking distance
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"Okay if you're just spending the night."
It is in an industrial section, hidden away behind old and dilapidated buildings. Once inside, the rooms are nice. Don't stay here unless you have a car. Lots of weirdos walking around the area. I would not recommend walking around.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
Deborah
"Great staff poor hotel"
This hotel is allegedly going through some updating but at checkin we were informed the wifi was out because of a blown modem. We were assured the room had wired internet despite the problem with the modem. Not surprisingly, when we got to the room there was no internet. The room was relatively clean, but there were several long black hairs in the bathroom. On the upside, the staff and shuttle service were great. They have a decent breakfast too.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
"Excellent Experience"
This Hotel was Outstanding. Otter and the rest of the team were very professional. One of the best I have stayed at in a long time
3 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
Ardell
"Getting a facelift"
Only a one night stay, arrived late from the airport and left early. Very good transportation service, very helpful and courteous staff. Nice large room with very good bed and linens and nice pillows. In the process of renovation, should be a great choice when upgrades are finished.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015