All hotels in Farmington, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1001 Lafayette Dr, Farmington, PA, 15437, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

beautiful place undergoing $30,000,000 renovation. most of the activities we wanted to do were cancelled the day we were there...
2 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"There is a lot going on here!"
My husband and I took our 16 year old son here for the weekend. It was a guys retreat with a Mom hanging around. We loved the Shooting Academy, golf course near Falling Rock, mini golf and more. We stayed in the lodge, which was under construction but the front desk was very accommodating. There is a lot going on here -- almost a Disney World in the PA mountains -- could be too much of this and that at times, but all in all, this was a great experience. I know the resort is well known for its fine dining; we wish the food in the Tavern was better and that there were more breakfast options. We'll return again and try out visiting during other seasons.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Mom
I couldn't of been more disappointed about our stay at the Nemicoin Resort. After hearing what an exclusive resort it was our expectations were not met at all. Even though we are not golfers we do play tennis and took advantage of the Adventure center. The tennis courts were in poor condtions; no water on court and torn nets. Our room was not what we reserved; first room we were sent to only had one bed and our reservations was for a family suite with 2 beds and a balony. Instead we were given a room right next to the construction site and no balcony! I would not reccomend your resort to friends/family. What an insult to a tennis player at a top resort and to see such poor condtions. An exclusive resorts should be prepared at all times for any guest that may have an interest outside of the golf.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Maureen Tilliard
"unexpected treasure"
beautiful, well-maintained resort with a surprising amount to do in the area, both on hotel grounds and nearby.
2 night family trip Apr 16, 2014
"One night stay"
This was a reconnaissance stay. The resort is very pretty and there is a lot of space to explore. I thought the pricing was very aggressive compared to other similar resorts given that the occupancy was low when we came and that the margin on food is very high.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Great resort for the family"
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
2 night trip May 30, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa

"Outstanding Resort!! Excellent Service"
05/27/15 Coni812 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
This is my 3rd visit to Nemacolin and probably the best. Our banquet coordinator was great! Jill was in contact with me from the time we booked until we completed our conference. She offered suggestions and made accommodations for our requests. Mindy the activities manager was helpful in coordinating the team building event and her team that facilitated the activity were fantastic!!! We had our event on May 5 Cinco and the 3 facilitators were dressed as the 3 Amigo's. Sombrero's matching outfits and mustaches! I had asked that they try to put a Cinco spin on it and they did! Mexican music, Piñata's and tequila bottles used in the paint / archery shoot. Every meal was delicious, service was excellent. All employees greeted you as they passed in the hallways. Spa service also was excellent, beautiful spa area. Service was slow in the dinning area during lunch. Seemed that the servers worked tables in other rooms but they were friendly and food arrived hot. BEST Sweet Potato Fries EVER! Our managers stayed in the Links Townhouses. It worked well as they each had their own bedroom and bath but shared the condo with 1 other person. The condo's had patios that overlooked the zoo. I stayed in Falling Rock as my boss wanted to stay at the townhouses with the team so I got the upgrade. Luxury on steroids!! If you get the chance to stay there... do it! Beautiful rooms, butler service, European wake up service, warm chocolate cookies and milk served in your room every evening. Awesome sunken tub for relaxing bubble bath (too bad I was to busy to enjoy) Room service was prompt. The only complaint would be that when I ordered hot tea it was served barely warm. (twice!) The bar staff at the Tavern were fantastic! I planned a Rookie night for our newly promoted GM's and due to my Admin & Marketing person being new - they were participating as Rookies. So I was on my own for set up and coordinating as well as MC for the event. Lloyd our bartender and the shift manager Casey jumped in and asked to help. They took care of helping when I needed it with the different events and served the managers quickly and efficiently. They were a lot of fun and interacted well with our team. They really helped our event run smoothly. Fantastic time! We are bringing our Managers in September and will be requesting the same bartender and manager for our activity night.
"Quite a disappointment"
05/25/15 crustr Greensburg
Had not been back for awhile because of illness. Return was a major disappointment. Was checked into a smoking room despite requesting non-smoking. They wanted to charge daily for a refrigerator despite their being provided free at most top-notch resorts. Resort also wanted to charge $30 per day for indoor pool despite no charge at Bedford Springs or Perry Cabin or Greenbrier indoors. Tried to call the desk a couple of times in the evening,but they did not answer and the call flipped back to the operator- asked to speak to the evening manager and was told none was on duty. I would think that these kind of services would fall within the compulsory resort fee. One night only one of the three fine dining restaurants was open. At the tavern restaurant,we had to wait almost an hour for our lunch to be served and we were told that they had installed a new computer system and everybody was waiting and complaining. The final straw was at checkout-we had paid in full in advance but we were told that they had refunded part and I had to call AmEx to confirm that they had not. Overall impression was they had declining standards out of line with extravagant prices and a feeling of being nickeled and dimed.
"Do NOT stay here or use the SPA"
05/20/15 presentsthatstink Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
We stayed in the chateau in January 2013. It was a birthday present from my husband. When we arrived, I noticed the lobby was beautiful. We get to the room, and I ended up cleaning the tub myself as their was still hair from the previous occupant. I didn't want it to start our stay out on a bad foot, so I just dealt with it. The morning after our stay, my husband work up with a few bites right in a row. Since there were so few, we just assumed it was a mosquito bite even though this was January. We came home the next day after visiting the spa. For about a week, my husband kept waking up with more and more bites always in a line. Since I didn't have any YET, I kept telling him he was just weird. After that first week, I started waking up with bites and it came to the point that we both were getting eaten alive. I called Orkin, and they told me how late to stay up and see if we could catch any. I stayed up all night, and I could only catch those suckers after they bit me because they turn the color of your blood and are a bit easier to see (I caught them at 4:00 AM). We hadn't stayed anywhere else, and my husband starting getting bit while we were there. Needless to say after contacting a supervisor, Nemacolin footed the bill our extermination ($1,600) even though they claimed they couldn't find any in our room. I know how hard they are to catch, so they may have missed them or just denied it to keep their good reputation. It took us 4 month to be completely bed bug free. Fast forward it took me 2 years to go back there. On May 16, I booked my mom and I pedicures at the spa as her mother's day present. We went and I paid with gift certificates. The pedicure which cost 3x as much as mall one, was actually worse than going to the mall. When we left the pedicure, my mom actually said "I think the mall people do a better job." They didn't even trim the cuticles around her toes, but my girl did on mine. I paid with gift certificates from SpaFinder (which they do accept), but two days later they charged my credit card $90 because they can't find the record of my payment. Now everyone has to pay in advance before a service so why would you be charging me after because YOU messed up and can't find the gift certificates (They are still investigating the charges, but I expect a full apology.) This is my LAST time at Nemacolin Woodlands, and I will be sharing my story with anyone who will listen.
"Outstanding Resort"
05/20/15 Photobugchris Apollo, Pennsylvania
From the moment I entered the grounds I was impressed with Nemacolin. Grandeur and elegance blend smoothly with the warmth and welcome of the fantastic staff. Rooms were comfortable, restaurants were divine, Spa offerings were plentiful & the service very professional. The variety of activities offered is amazing. Zip lining was thrilling. I plan on returning this summer with friends for R&R to enjoy the things I didn't get to do on this visit.
"On vacation"
05/19/15 Vfoley1
We went on the safari tour with Tanner and Mike. It was excellent! It is obvious that they love these animals. They were so knowledgable and answered all my questions about the animals. You can walk around Nemacolin and see the animals, but the tour gives you information about the animals that you walk away feeling like you know them. For the rest of the vacation we would drive by and I would say hi to the animals by name. Also make sure you visit the nursery animals. Roo, the bearcat is adorable!
"Very Disappointing"
05/17/15 ms_jabcpa Washington, Pennsylvania
My husband took me to Nemacolin Woodlands resort for my birthday. We arrived there around 4PM on Friday, May 8, 2015. The check in process was easy and we had a very helpful bell hop. My first impression of the room was that it was just average. The bathroom was large and had both a shower (multiple heads) and a jetted tub. The décor of the bath was definitely outdated—I have seen much nicer bathrooms at the homes of friends and family. I was very disturbed to find that I could not flush toilet paper down the toilet. I had to wonder why housekeeping had not noticed when they cleaned (?) the bathroom. We were in the hallway on our way to get something to eat, and I told the bell hop about the toilet. He said he would send someone to fix it. The maintenance man fixed the toilet, however, in the process, water overflowed onto the floor. He wiped the water on the floor up with one of the room towels which he left in the corner of the bathroom. The next day (Saturday) we came back to our room about 4PM. The room had not been serviced and the towel from the day before was still on the floor in the corner of the bathroom. The beds were not made. I called the desk and reported the problem and told them that we needed clean towels. At this time I also requested the turn down service. The literature in the room stated that the service was available, however, it had to be requested. The desk suggested the turn down service take place while we were at dinner, and a 7:15PM time was agreed upon. Housekeeping arrived around 4:30PM and provided clean towels and made the beds. The turn down service never happened. Housekeeping knocked on our door around 9:15PM and stated that they did not have time! Based on my experiences, (clogged toilet, lack of clean towels, unmade beds and no turn down service), I have to wonder if the resort is having a labor problem with the housekeeping staff. I also would like to note that the room did not have HDTV and that the coffee pot was not the single serve brand that is now in some hotels. My husband went down to the lobby for coffee around 8:00 AM on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. There was no coffee available at that hour and he had to walk to the Starbucks store and pay for the coffee. I felt the food was of average quality. We ate at the Autumn restaurant on Friday PM and at the Aqueous on Saturday PM. My husband and I eat out frequently and I was not impressed. I would have thought (for the prices charged), that my chair would have at least been pulled out when we were seated. I guess I was expecting service similar to that received on a cruise. Neither the service nor the food in the two restaurants measured up to what I have experienced on a cruise. On the positive side, I had a really good session with a personal trainer at the SPA. It was a very good experience.
"Strange Kitchy Place out of context with the area."
05/17/15 TravelingBruin Jackson, Wyoming
Although I can't complain about the room in the Chateau, the place feels like a cheap suit. It doesn't fit the serene natural area where it is located. It might be good for conferences and large gathering go but if I return to visit Fallingwater and other area attractions, I'll stay at the Sto who use or summit inns. The food at pub is horrible! After that experience we never tried the other restaurants. I did enjoy the spa and had a great massage from Jill who is one of the best I've had. I must save most of the staff were great.
"Quietest night's sleep...in luxury !"
05/13/15 JJacob Pittsburgh
Nemacolin is our families' go - to place in the winter when we want to relax by a fireplace, get spoiled in the spas, and eat in a variety of first-class restaurants. The housekeeping staff is extremely friendly - always helpful for my husband who is in a wheelchair. The property is ever- changing. My daughter's room, however, was very chilly as the weather was a unseasonably cool one.
"Luxury at its best!"
05/12/15 Modede3
I just spent the last four days at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and couldn't be happier with the service, amenities, and weather. We stayed at both Falling Rock and The Chateau. Had dinner one night at Aqueous and the filet and service were exceptional. Loved the infinity pool at Falling Rock and the butler service was five star all the way. Some of my favorite employees were: Keith Pyle and Brian at the Chateau and Phil Rice and Brad at Falling Rock. Had excellent shuttle service with John. If you need a great place to celebrate a special occasion or just to get away and be pampered and relax, Neacolin is the place. I can't wait to go back!
"Nemacolin Tips"
05/10/15 Swampr
This Resort is truly lovely with many amenities and activities. My kids and I love going here. The only part about it that it that is less than 5 star is the food. It is very pricey and very fussy. They have an assortment of restaurants from a pub to 5 star. None are cheap and the food is average at very best. Their restaurants create such fussy over thought food that is not good and I've never tasted stuff so salty as is in their Autumn Restaurant. You can drive 15 minutes up the road to Uniontown and find a variety from local to popular chain. Rather than the $25/head breakfast for example, there's always Bob Evans. Load up on water, snacks and booze too unless you like $13 a mixed drink. If you're from Chicago like me, you know how wonderful restaurant food can be, especially at these outrageous prices. That being said, is a lovely place and full of amenities.