All hotels in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Blvd. Kukulcan, Km. 13.5, No. 32, Seccion A, Segunda Etapa, Zona Htl., Cancun, QROO, 77500, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Family vacation!"
We were very pleased with our stay at The Royal Sands. We had two teenagers, 15 and 17, and wanted a nice getaway. The accommodations were great, lots of room and very clean. The balcony was a nice size and very comfy. Our only concern was changing rooms on Saturday. This is common since it is a time share and how they handle it. I have to say the switch was seamless and we were only without a room for about 2 hours. If you want a calm and relaxed AI this is it. It is not for the party crowd, which is what we wanted. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Frenchie
"wonderful family vacation!"
Beautiful hotel. Well maintained. My husband, 4 children and I stayed in a two bedroom villa. It was clean, well furnished, and had a fabulous view. The restaurants were very clean, the waitstaff always friendly, and the food was really good. We would highly recommend the royal sands.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Tracy
"Nice hotel on the beach."
Excellent housekeeping staff and waiters. Great food and the pool was terrific. Everything you need for a great vacation is located within the hotel, and the staff will arrange for additional tours and outings. Would definitely stay at Royal Sands and Spa again!
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Becky
"Another great vacation at the Royal Sands!"
This was our 2nd visit to Royal Sands - we were also here a year ago. What we liked: great service! We'd like to recognize Patricio and Moises for the bar, and Gustavo for La Veranda. The hostess (Karla/Kayla?) was also very sweet. We also liked that they don't keep your card all day like they did last year. Most of the time they didn't even ask for it - just your room number (nice improvement!). We also liked that they planted all the palm trees on the beach - those will be nice for shade in the future. We love how CLEAN everything is too. Everyone seems like such hard-workers and they seem to enjoy their jobs. What we had the most problem with this year was trying to get reservations to the off-site restaurants. "Hannah" the concierge said she'd work with us to get us what we wanted. Yeah right! We know that means a time-share presentation and NOT interested! We would call the 165 number though right at 8am and it was usually a dead line. When someone would finally pick up, we were told all FULL! One night we were able to get into Captain's Cove, but not til 9pm. We tried to take an earlier shuttle to hang out at Pancho & Willy's next door, but then couldn't get on the dang shuttle! We ended up taking the city bus (R1,R2) quite a bit to get around - only 10.5 pesos/ea. The night before we left, we took the bus to Pancho & Willy's and were seated right away without a reservation. They brought the Captain's Cove menu, so we could have just done that instead I think!?
Robin
"Nice hotel, excellent rooms, food OK"
The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The pool is heated and never seems crowded although the hotel was full. We were in the all inclusive plan which was a bit weird - the bracelet was useless since any time the waiters were asking for our room card and made us sign each time on a zero dollar bill. Food was OK, when going to restaurants it was better. This is an almost perfect hotel for families, the main disadvantage is that children cannot order drinks by themselves because of the zero dollar bill policy
Nir
"A Negative 5 out of 5 to 5 Scale"
I wish I had given more weight to the reviews that said all of what I am going to say here and hope that how I say it helps prevent someone from doing what I just did - wasting my money and my time with this place! The staff do not care what you have to say or why you have requests. This is not a Mexico thing and is not a "they do it differently there" mentality. I have stayed at over a dozen places in more than 5 resort cities in Mexico and have traveled to 38 countries. The manner in which the staff behave and seemingly ignore simple and important customer requests is widespread and just policy. If you want adjoining rooms and request that when you book they say they will make a note of it and do their best. Then, when you check-in they tell you that it is not possible because you didn't get the right rooms for that. Well, why didn't you just tell me when I was booking the room so I could do it then? If you want to get towels for the beach you need a room key, that is fine. But if you have purchased 2 rooms you need to show-up with 2 room keys or have all 6 of your party present. As if you asked to borrow a few gold bars or the hotel van! You pay for 2 rooms with 3 people in each, one of the kids (with a room key) goes to get the towels! Easy right? Nope! They have a fake concierge desk that helps with bookings and entertainment. However, they are just salespeople. They don't care what you want. If you are 20 minutes late getting out on the last day, costs $100
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Nice Hotel on the beach"
This is a upscale resort between the airport and downtown. Great access to main street allowing easy walking or catching public transportation is wanted. Two restaurants on property. We enjoyed all the food. We had the all-inclusive package, would definetly recommend as if your not all-inclusive it would get expensive quickly. Resort is extremely clean, staff is friendly and helpful, room was clean. Has a 2 huge pools with 2 swim up bars each, Resort is right on the beach. It was my wife and I's first time to Cancun and this resort. We felt really fortunate to have booked here on Expedia, as after seeing some of the other resorts we might have chosen. This resort is great for family and adults alike. If you go all inclusive you have access to 2 other Royal Resorts that will give you more dining choices, Royal Cancun is a smaller resort but has great access to water sports such as jet skiing, etc. But seems to be a quiet place. We met many other people staying at other Royal properties that came to the Royal Sands because it was more fun, a lot more people having fun, upbeat etc. Would definitely recommend. We will be taking our daughter back here next year for her High School graduation.
Carl
"The Royal Sands and Spa is wonderful!"
In general, I was fully satisfied with this hotel. The room was convenient for my family (4 adults and 2 children). It had 1 king bed and 2 additional couchettes in A room and 2 single beds in B room. It had also wonderful kitchen. Especially, dinner at the Veranda had a various foods and special course daily. Seashore with white sands and pools were beautiful landscapes. In my opinion, this may be fit for family.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Gyu Rak
"Family oriented"
Very clean, nice large rooms with a great view, beach is close but a walk to bathrooms pool bars, tons of kids! If your going without wouldn't go here! One bar open past 6 an only until 11, room service was great along with buffet an being able to eat at other places with all enclusive pkg!
"Great for families!"
My husband and I stayed for Spring break with our 14 yr old son and 10 yr old daughter and absolutely loved it. I have stayed at 6 different all-inclusives in Cancun and this one is great! The food was terrific, room service was perfect, beach is beautiful but the suites are by far the best attribute. We would definitely return.
Jody
"Great resort!"
We returned last night from our 7 day stay at the Royal Sands & Spa and when I say I had tears when we left; I'm not kidding. After exhaustive research, we chose this resort based on many factors. With our children now teenagers, we felt the need for more space and booked the two bedroom two bath accommodations. Everything was just super. Yes, we knew we'd have to move on Saturday, so what? That took about 10 minutes and we moved next door! Yes, there aren't as many dining choices as other resorts. If you are going to Mexico for the food, I'm doubting you are going to book an all inclusive anyway. We found lots of choices, even for the picky 12 year old. Each night at the buffet restaurant had at theme, but if you didn't like the theme, you could order off the menu! The staff is very industrious and our room was cleaned 2x a day with turn down service and mints on our pillows at night.
Mindy
"Great spring break"
Resort was great Always spotless Staff are fantastic From our concierge Estella to Mario and Eduardo and all the other excellent wait staff working so hard serving you food and drinks on the beach and at the pool!
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Really nice hotel."
I just stayed at the hotel for 6 days. It's really nice and clean. The staff is friendly and very accommodating (they checked me in early and let me stay an hour late without additional charges). The room was spacious with a view of the beach/ocean...gorgeous! The food is fantastic: great selections at the buffet, really good and plentiful. The only annoying part was that if you book the all-inclusive, you still have to sign silly $0 balance checks all the time, even for a glass of water. It didn't seem so bad in the beginning, but it gets to you since you have to do it for every little thing. I'm sure they could come up with a better system.
"Wonderful spring break"
This was a wonderful way to spend a spring break with a college student and two high school students as a family. The location was beautiful, the service impeccable and the staff extremely friendly. There was plenty of food options and lots of staff to wait on your every need within the resort. Take advantage of eating at the restaurants at their sister resorts that are close by. This is definitely a family resort where you could have a few cocktails but people weren't falling down intoxicated. Would love to return again.
"Awesome vacation! Resort was the best!"
Wonderful Spring break trip with family & friends! Hotel is super clean, huge rooms with amazing views! All-inclusive was a great deal & service was stupendous! Pools warm & clean & beach was beautiful & sand was perfect! HAre to find chairs on beach or pool of you weren't down to reserve at 6am but if you ask security for help they check their sign up board & will pull towels on chairs being held with towels only after an hour. Gorgeous resort & best vacation! Food was good too!
7 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
"Royal Sands Cancun"
We stayed at the Royal Sands this March and last March and it is the best resort we have ever been to. The resort, food and staff are first class. The beach and pools are awesome. We will definitely return again!
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Gene
"Week at the Royal Sands"
Great week at Royal Sands. Staff were great, except for Veronica she was not very helpful. Very Clean all around. Great Family Resort. Food was great, not Michelin 4 star, but very good. A little confusing at times because of the shared hotel / condo rules. A quick note is that there are many different levels of service at the hotel. You are only offered the lowest level of food / beverage package on expedia. If you want a resort were you have 5-8 different dining options on site, this is not it. The resort has a shuttle bus system to get you to the other resorts and restaurants. Captains Cove was fantastic, but beware, if you book through expedia your level of service only allows reservations at 5pm and 9pm. This applies to all of the restaurants that require reservations. Its a great resort, once you figure out the way things work. Its a bargain, keep that in mind.....
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Great Spring Break Trip"
Beautiful resort, super staff, good food and restaurant choices.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Excellent hotel on water, good location"
Overall this was a relaxing and enjoyable time during our 6-day stay. Only a few negatives including the two single beds in the room. They are "hard as a rock".
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Ricardo
"great time!"
Very pleased with our stay. Staff was very pleasant and the food was great. Right on the beach!!!! A little far from downtown so taxi rides were around $15US each way. Some of the Taxi's would charge less if you pay in pesos.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Connie
"Great staff, great location, beautiful pool/beach"
Had a wonderful time. The staff was amazing! Clean hotel, food was good, and beach was amazing.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
K
Suites are the best ---great size. Furniture weathered. Breakfast was the best. Dinner was ok. Beach amazing. Location great. People put towels on chairs so impossible to get unless you go down early. Great security staff. Most guests were 50+ years
Response by The Royal Sands & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. We have a policy of beach chairs which clearly states that putting stuff on them to avoid other guest to use them is forbidden. We will continue to enforce this policy to ensure this perception won't be shared by any of our future guests. Warm Regards.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Great hotel- here's a few tips!"
Great hotel, right on beach. A few tips. Get up early and claim a beach spot. First arrivers are 5:30 am for front row. By 7am beach chairs are usually claimed. . If all inclusive, bring about 100 usd in 1's. The all inclusive bracelets tend to have the waiters put you last. If you tip them, they remember you and take better care of you.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Cecilia
"Not all inclusive hotel."
You must read the hotel's description carefully before booking, the hotel was clean and comfort, Only one restaurant within the hotel, the other three must be booked and scheduled shuttle bus and seating is limited,many foods have an additional charge in the restaurant even had all-inclusive.
Response by The Royal Sands & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. We are sorry to learn we did not achieve the goal of providing you with the highest satisfaction standards. Within the premises we have one main restaurant and also the Char-Hut. Plus: two pool bars (one for each pool) and the lobby bar. All of them serving dishes and included in your REFINE Package. Just next to the parking lot you will find Hacienda Sisal, which may not be inside the premises but is fairly close, not more than 50 yards away from the main lobby. In our restaurants, the vast majority of dishes are included with the REFINE All Inclusive program. For instance: in La Veranda, Royal Sands' main restaurant, we serve 54 different dishes from which only 5 have a surcharge. In the particular case of lobster, you have lobster included during Lobster Fest one night a week. We are sure this information should be delivered by you firsthand, we are reviewing or procedures to ensure our future guests can take advantage of all the benefits their REFINE All Inclusive Program include. We hope to have the chance of receiving you again during your next visit to Mexican Caribbean. Warm Regards.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Nice hotel but primarily a timeshare."
Just an fyi, this is primarily a timeshare hotel, so if you book across a weekend like we did, Wednesday to Monday, there's a 50-50 chance you will have to change rooms on Saturday morning. 4 couples went, 2 had to move. However, this is a beautiful hotel, great service, food was ok, but there is a resort bus that will take you to its sister hotels as well as Captain's Cove.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Ruthie
"Fantastic Hotel! Great Beach & Excellent Food!"
Fantastic! Beautiful location. Whether you are on your room balcony or at the pool, you have a view of the ocean. The beach is beautiful & clean with lounge chairs and umbrellas for when you need shade. The waiters bring you drinks/food at your chair! The pool is huge! We went during Spring break and there was no drunken craziness. They don't allow it. All the restaurants were excellent! A wide variety of food choices, all delicious. LaVeranda restaurant at the hotel is great with very attentive waiters. Hacienda Sisal next door is great. It's a quick shuttle ride to the all inclusive restaurants at their sister hotels. Definitely go to Captain's Cove!! Gorgeous setting and excellent food. All Inclusive is great! You use your key card everywhere - their restaurants, stores, bar. Even Room Service is part of your all Inclusive!! You will be assigned a concierge to help you book dinner reservations, spa appts, or day trips. They were very nice but I felt their motivation is to get you to attend the time share sales presentation. I attended in order to get a discount for a day trip. No one was pushy about attending and when I went they were very polite and took No for an answer. I think the hotel's location is superior to other hotels. Very safe area, right on the beach. We had free Wi-Fi in our room & on the beach which I hear other hotels don't. I highly recommend The Royal Sands. It was a perfect trip!
4 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
"Beautiful resort with friendly staff!"
We had a fabulous stay at the Royal Sands. The 2 bedroom suite fit my family of 5 perfectly. The rooms were large & spacious but the best part was the balcony. It's very large and we enjoyed multiple meals out on it. Definitely my favorite part of our stay! We thoroughly enjoyed the pools, beach and staff. There were several downsides: 1- the variety of restaurants. There 3 on property plus the pools bars. La Veranda (no reservation needed) has buffets and a menu for all 3 meals. We didn't realize the first few days there was an actual menu to order off of. The buffet is sub par so ask for the menu if you don't like what you see. Hacienda Del Sol is a Mexican restaurant in front of the hotel. Only downfall is you have to make a reservation ahead of time which can be a little hard to get if you wait too late in the day. With that said the restaurant was never crowded, literally multiple tables open which seemed crazy since we couldn't get a reservation the day we arrived. With the all-inclusive package you have access to several restaurants at the other Royal properties in Cancun. This was nice except getting there wasn't super convenient. They offer a free shuttle but it's limited on passengers and they won't let you make a reservation to get on the shuttle until 30 minutes before it leaves. So basically if you want the 5:30 shuttle you have to be out front at 5 to get on the list, than back out at 5:30 to catch the shuttle. It was a waste of 30 minutes.
Emily
"Not all inclusive!!"
The hotel was beautiful and very well maintained. The negatives might deter me from returning though. When I here the word "all inclusive" and I pay almost $6,000 for a week, I'm thinking that means "everything included" WRONG!!! Your get to choose from mediocre at best food, the good stuff has a "surcharge" which means you pay. You get 2 choices of beer everything else is "surcharge", even the guacamole wasn't included!!! I also wasn't exactly pleased with the tipping situation. I'm not a cheap skate but we were told tops were included, NOT TRUE! We made the mistake of not tipping a server at the pool one day because we were just told not to, he ignored us the whole next day, did make that mistake again. So all in all it was ok, we spent another $1000 on tips and such, and never even got the good food, lobster, steak, prime rib, GUACAMOLE!!
Kendra
"Never again"
Massive hotel, rude staff, dirty, read the fine print on "all inclusive"
Response by The Royal Sands & Spa All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to post about our resort. We always strive to provide the highest satisfaction levels available to all of our guests and we regret not achieving this goal with you. Our resort is a mixed use resort with some guests in All Inclusive Plan and some others in European plan. This definitely lends ourselves to a few challenges. Rest assured the behavior you describe is not encouraged nor promoted by Royal Resorts in any way and we're currently conducting an investigation to make sure this perception won't be shared by any of our future guest. We hope you've enjoyed the rest of your Caribbean vacation. Warm Regards.
"CLEAN & FRIENDLY!!!!!!"
We came to the Royals Sands for our 25th Anniversary. The staff were the friendliest most helpful people we have dealt with in all of our travels over the years. Smiles and kind words every where we went on the property. I have never seen a cleaner place either. I cant wait for our 30th to go back. Thank You Royal Sands for making our Special occasion a BEAUTIFUL one :) The McMeels
Karen & Paul
"It was OK"
Let me talk about the positives first - The Hotel staff were very nice and cordial especially those in the restaurant- especially Esteban and fabiola. We had a not so good experience with one of the wait staff but as soon as they heard we were not happy, they apologized and also the wait staff came to apologize - The Food was good and was readily available. I enjoyed the lobster night the most - The beach view from our room was beautiful and the surroundings of the resort is constantly in pristine state Now to the negatives - most of it is about the room - The room definitely needs an updating.If you will spending most of your time outside and then you should not worry about the room. - Had issues with our TV twice, in their defense they sent someone to fix it quickly. - We had bad neighbors and so it was really hard to get some sleep. - They need some carpeting on the floor, its so noisy when folks are dragging furniture. There is no noise isolation at all between rooms. All in All I will rate it a C.
"Cancun"
The food was excellent, the views incredible, the water gorgeous. How ever the hotel is basically a time share. There was 6 of us, and we were scattered all over the place. My husband and I had to move on Saturday, one room down from where we were. Had requested to be placed near the others, but told us that they couldn't do that. Everything else was GREAT
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Sher
"Stunning views! Perfect location."
Hotel was situated in an ideal location. The numerous pools against the backdrop of the Caribbean ocean was stunning. The staff was super friendly and accomodating. Timeshare people wasn't too pushy. Hotel was just a 5 minute city bus ride to downtown and within walking distance to restaurants and shopping centers. Rooms were adequate and clean. Only drawback was the extremely low water pressure. But when you're in Cancun, that's the least of your worries. Most rooms overlook either the ocean, the pool or the lagoon so you can't really go wrong. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Lily
"great place"
Awesome food!!!! Hard to get small bills to tip staff---not helpful in that way. Overall very nice. Not enough elevators
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Our second visit. Even better!"
Great service Great food Very well kept facility
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Great resort--Great time"
Had a great vacation. The staff and service were all a ten !!! Very friendly and cooperative . The pool and beach areas were fabulous.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Jerry
"My daughter and I had a wonderful time"
We had a great. The message and parasailing were wonderful. The only thing we didn't like was the sales pitch to buy into their time share.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
wendy
"Had a great time at the Royal Sands!"
We stayed at the Royal Sands for 5 days 4 nights. Overall experience was good, check in was a breeze mid week but looked like it might have been crowded on Saturday. We got an ocean front room with an amazing view of the beach. Staff was friendly and generally very prompt, although there were a few times we had to wait for drinks or food because the staff was overwhelmed. The food was ok overall. Breakfast buffet was fine, dinner was hit or miss. We didn't care for the asian buffet night (every sushi roll had cream cheese in it which was bizarre), but the poolside cookout was great. The other nights were just average. The lunch from the grill and room service were both good. We got dinner from Hacienda Sisal one night and thought it was excellent. No complaints on the drinks! The room was clean and spacious. Decor was a little dated but not a big deal. Our only complaint is that our minibar was only refilled when we called the front desk. It would have been nice to have the waters replaced daily so we didn't have to keep going to the bar to request them. The pool and beach were beautiful and well maintained. There were people that got up early to reserve chairs, but we didn't have a problem finding 2 chairs together at any point during the trip. We didn't go out at night, but if you are looking for nightlife, you might be disappointed.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Nice Room Good View - Strange All Inclusive"
As other reviews on Expedia will tell you this hotel is a timeshare and recently is also being used as a hotel/all inclusive. As such it is a very strange experience to be an all inclusive guest at the hotel as many of the hotel guests are staying there on a time share experience and are not on an all inclusive package. As such, despite having a wrist band placed on you they still make you sign for everything. Every meal, every drink....etc... It is very strange, and on top of that for any kind of "nicer" food or drinks there are extra charges on top of your all inclusive package price - for example expect to pay another 8-10 for a nice steak, another 4-6 dollars for a nice cherries jubilee or the like. In addition, if you are not staying on a Saturday to Saturday basis you will be asked/required to potentially move rooms on Saturday morning which is also not very convenient. There are only 2 restaurants on site and all of the other restaurant choices require you to take one of the hotel shuttles. These run only about every hour and can fill up quickly which means you sometimes need to take a vastly earlier shuttle than necessary. Overall another inconvenience to get to a different food choice. On top of that you need to get the concierge to book out the restaurant reservations in advance as they get booked quite quickly so you may not get your first choice or any choice at all if you do not do this quickly in the morning.
"Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!"
Loved it here. The hotel, food and staff were great!
Karla
"Fabulous girls trip!"
This was our first visit to Cancun and also first experience with an all inclusive for most of us. The Royal Sands did not disappoint! From the moment our driver picked us up at the airport, our trip ran smoothly and everything fell into place. Check in was quick and easy and our room was ready (we arrived about 4 PM). We stayed Thursday thru Tuesday and many reviews have said a room change on Saturday was mandatory, but we were told upon arrival that we would not have to move. We were on the 5th floor with a gorgeous view of both the pool area and the ocean. The room set up worked well with 2 of us sharing the king bed in the bedroom and the others on the 2 single murphy beds in the living room. Plenty of room and privacy for all of us. The staff was warm and friendly, with a slight language issue only with housekeeping (none of us are fluent in Spanish), but all other hotel staff spoke English. Room service is included in the AI, so we had breakfast on our balcony every morning while we enjoyed the incredible views and ocean breezes. The service was prompt and the food was good, with the staff treating us like royalty as they set up our table. For other meals we tired various restaurants both at the Royal Sands and other Royal resorts. We really had no complaints about any, some were better than others, but all were good. The free shuttle to the other resorts was great and we had no problems getting around.
Deb
"Better than expected ..."
... We had a top floor (#9) room over the large pool. It was comfortable and clean. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. We at on the "all inclusive" and the food was what we expected: average. The best food was actually served at the pool as it was cooked to order. Beach was gorgeous and clean. Good trip. By the way, some guests had young kids with them but it was not a problem.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Kenny
Nothing bad to say about the place. Everything was excellent.
"Excellent All-Inclusive Getaway"
My wife and I were both hesitant to book an all-inclusive trip, but after visiting the Royal Sands we will be booking many more trips like this. The grounds were very clean, the staff was polite and helpful, the food was good, and the room was comfortable. You will have to give them your room card for SOME purchases, but I found that if I tipped them a few bucks for major purchases like meals, extensive drink deliveries while poolside, etc, that they didn't always ask for my card. Most of the time they ask for your card the staff is just trying to give you a chance to tip when they bring the receipt back. The card issue wasn't nearly as bad as some of the other reviews note. I ordered drinks 20+ times and never had to give them my card for it. Back to the hotel itself, there's nothing really to complain about if you're just looking to get away and have a relaxing, hassle free vacation. There's large swimming pools, plenty of chairs, and plenty of beach umbrellas with chairs. You will want to reserve your chairs in the morning if you can, but if not we never had trouble getting chairs mid-day. I can't say enough nice things about the staff. Yes, they were working for extra tips, but all of the waiters/waitresses I dealt with were polite and helpful. They spoke good english and we did not have any issues with the staff at all. No one tried to sell us a time share. The resort was very kid-friendly to our 4 and 6 year old.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Stayed 6 nights in a suite with another couple. Room was perfect, food at all restaurants was very good. Service and overall courtesy of all staff was exceptional. Beach and pool area was always clean. No trouble getting loungers at beach or pool. Had a wonderful stay and would recommend this resort.
phil
"Great beach front family friendly resort"
We stayed here for a week in February 2015 and enjoyed it tremendously. Kids loved the pool and the beach, the one bedroom suite accommodated us well (kids had pull out beds in the living room), food choices were good and included healthy options as well as special treats. We tried some of the speciality restaurants as well. There were always some good choices for kids as well. As a family, we enjoyed playing tennis altogether after dinner or on cooler days. We agreed to attend time share presentation, however agreed that it is not worth spending half a day of our vacation listening to a sales pitch. Otherwise it was the perfect vacation. Next time we will have to make it 10 days!
Busy City Mom
"Hotel with beautiful beach views"
We wanted a relaxing vacation at the beach and we got it. The beach was beautiful and so were the pools. We were able to eat outside most meals and it was so great after coming from snowy Illinois.
Cynthia
"Suite with balcony facing the beach was lovely."
Very clean and beautifully designed. Staff was friendly and helpful. Difficult at times to reach service staff when they neglected to leave towels, coffee, etc.
KS
"Best food anywhere!"
We chose the all-inclusive option and the food at this resort was the best I've ever had it any all-inclusive or any hotel! The hotel is beautiful the beach is beautiful the staff is exceptional. The only downside was that on Saturdays you have to change rooms but even that didn't take long. The beds are full size beds and they just seem small. No shows at night on the property. Loved this place and would go back again!
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
love Mexico!
"Had a blast!"
My husband and I took our 4 girls during February vacation.*All inclusive program* Like many other reviewers said, usually by 8 AM, all first row of pool side chairs have towels on them- and most people don't come occupy those chairs for another hour or 2. They do NOT enforce the 30 minute rule. We ate every day at the La Veranda since they had a huge variety of different foods in the buffet. As well as being able to order off the menu (more expensive items such as prime rib had a SMALL surcharge $3'ish dollars). I read on a previous review to bring $1's for tipping. For the extra $100 in tips we spent for the week- the benefit was worth it. We left our maid $20 and we noticed much better service- clothes that were just thrown around were nicely folded etc. The bartenders at the outside pools remember your name day to day and what your choice of drink usually was. We avoided the concierge because we didn't want to deal with the whole time share speech. If you plan on taking the bus... (We took it to Dolphinaris/Wet &Wild) make sure you ask for the schedule! Most busses run constantly OTHER than that one (which we found out runs about every hour) we waited 45 minutes, asked the driver of the R2 bus if he goes to Wet & Wild - he waves us to get on, doesn't speak English, he drops is off at a "turn around" and points where we need to "walk"... 1 HOUR LATER WE ARRIVED!!!!! Lastly, be prepared to wait at least 2 hours if your leaving on a Sat. AND have bags to check!!
Other trip Mar 5, 2015