All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
1046 Munras Ave, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Cute!"
This lil hotel was unexpectedly cute! The staff was great and room was a bit small, but it did the trick. I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
diane
"Quick stop"
Hotel is old but comfy, had 2 seperate bedrooms which was great, modern TV 's , modern bathroom..... Indoor pool.... Free cheap breakfast nothing great ..... Couple minutes from the pier which has some good eats....If your in Monterey on a Tuesday check out the Farmers Market it's pretty cool
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2014
Mh
"Good experience!!"
Slept great! Enjoyed the big windows to allow for fresh air!!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Comfy hotel near many Monterey attractions"
Stayed here for a night with a few friends for a mini get away after finals. The heated pool was amazing! Breakfast was yummy and our rooms were comfy and neat. I had an enjoyable and comfortable stay. The pricing was pretty good for all the amenities included.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Brianna
"I would definitely stay here again."
We were very satisfied with the price and state of the hotel. It was conveniently located and managed by a friendly staff. If we could change anything it would be that the breakfast was very sugar heavy. Too sugary. Also the second night we were there they turned on these very bright lights outside every door. They were SO bright we had to keep adjusting the curtains because even with just a crack it was keeping us up.
3 night family trip May 20, 2014
Crystal
"monterey weekend"
At the end of the first day I returned to find out that everything in my room had been taken to another room. No reason given. Very upsetting. At the end of the second day both of our access keys had been deactivated. No reason given. That night, about midnight, someone was banging on my door looking for someone. I went to use the phone to call the front desk and found the phone had been disconnected.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"great time will be back"
Nice for the price
2 night business trip May 19, 2014
"nice hotel for a cheap room"
For a room with $89, this room is really great. But the room is a little bit old.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Great Value"
My wife and I, had a 1 queen bed room. Sheets and towels were very clean. Bed is on the firm side, but I prefer this as it is better on the back. There was a flat screen TV, and I was able to watch ESPN before going to sleep. WIFI internet worked fast. Front desk/concierge ladies were very kind and friendly. Pool and hot tub were nothing to be excited about. Our night was quiet, comfortable, and we had a great night's sleep. Overall great value and very close to downtown, cannery row.
1 night trip May 19, 2014
"great"
This is a great hotel my 3 year old love the swimming pool her frist time in a pool it is very close to everything clean room the house keeper even put my daughter stuff anmials on the bed ill come back for sure
3 night family trip May 9, 2014
marcus
"Good deal, not perfect"
The place was sufficient and a really good deal. The carpet and bedding were not super nice and seemed like they might be dirty, but the bathroom was nicely upgraded. The continental breakfast was a step above the usual, and I enjoyed it.
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Not a disaster, but had problems."
Was initially pleased with pool, breakfast area, cozy looking room with clean smell-- then started finding problems. Possessions from previous occupant had been left in room and not cleaned up, including a bag of candy on a high shelf, and a bottle cap and a toy under the edge of the bed. The shower curtain was torn-- upon request, we were given a new one. The showerhead had a bulging o-ring and spat water out the side, and had been doing this long enough to grow mildew where the spray went. This was not fixed as quickly-- I asked the desk to see to fixing it, and they immediately sent a maintenance man to our room, but upon being told we weren't ready for him to come in and needed him to come back a little later, he never returned. Also, one of the coffee straws in the coffee-and-tea box had been chewed on and put back and was not replaced.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Christopher
"Clean and quiet"
Nice and clean. Quiet neighborhood and family oriented.
1 night business trip May 2, 2014
Erika
"Avoid this hotel"
Toilets throughout this hotel don't flush and water pressure is VERY low. Amazing that they don't fix this problem. Positive points: rooms were clean enough and quiet enough.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Friendly staff did not offset the concrete bed"
The staff is warm and friendly and my room was quiet. That is the best I can say. My room had a very musty smell like there was mold growing somewhere. While the room appeared clean, the shoddiness of the décor was less than desirable- for example there was a lampshade on the lamp that was crumpled and torn. Finally the bed was so hard, the floor would have been a better option. The pillows were so soft my head sunk thru the mattress. I don't generally write bad reviews but I had such a negative experience I won't be back.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2014
Cheryl
I was given a double bed for the price of a king and front desk was not willing to change it only if I paid 20.00 more and they were not nice about it
Other trip May 1, 2014
rosie
"Not bad for 2 nights"
Stayed here for 2 nights, choose it for the indoor pool and spa. Room was small but clean and comfortable. The hotel was well maintained with a nice continental breakfast room. Pool and spa older but clean and the kids loved it. Spa was nice and hot after long day. If your planning on taking advantage of pool and carb only breakfast than it might be a good choice otherwise not sure its worth the higher price. FYI the hotel next door shares the pool if you can get a room there cheaper..just sayin.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
kelmag
"Indoor Pool"
I chose Clarion for the indoor pool and my 7 year old son loved it. Was great place to stay for a night.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Enjoyed my stay"
A lot nicer than expected and would stay again. A little small but a good room for a short visit.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
klc
"Nice place to stay."
Had a good time in Monterey, and the hotel was comfortable for the price.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Perfect for families. ..
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2014
"Clean and comfortable"
Clean and comfortable. Happy with free parking, wifi and breakfast.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2014
"Awesome!"
The exterior appearance was a little unsightly but the hospitality, comfort and interior made up for it.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"Reasonable rates"
The Clarion Hotel Monterey is a no frills, clean place to stay at a reasonable price. It can be a little loud due to other guests and the type of construction but not bad. It was a nice room if you have children.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"The pool was actually warm enough!"
I brought two granddaughters, and we had a great time swimming for hours. The pool was actually warm enough for me. And the hot tub was hot -- just right. We also really enjoyed the gas fireplace in the room.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
Jan
"Nice hotel 10 minute walk from downtown"
The rooms were really comfortable. Great pillows. Each room has a mini fridge and microwave. BIg flat screen tv on the wall. The breakfast had some hot food (waffles, gravy) but was still basic. There isn't much right around the neighborhood and there isn't a bus to downtown/cannery row right there but it is a short, downhill, 10 minute walk to all of the downtown stuff and from there there are easy buses to cannery row. Good hotel for the price and hotel.
2 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"nice quiet hotel & close to everything!!"
loved my stay. the hotel was small & very quiet. & the bed was super comfortable! I would definitely stay again!!
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
I was in Monterrey for my daughter's graduation from military training and booked this room because it was pretty inexpensive. Check in was fast and trouble free, amenities were explained, and parking was convenient. When I walked into the room I was pleasantly surprised to find a gas fireplace! I really enjoyed it and would stay here again in a heartbeat.
2 night trip Mar 26, 2014
"Birthday get away."
We stayed here for 1 night for golf and biking get away. Pros : the room is clean, spacious,, bright & updated. Very comfortable. We'll stay there again.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
DelSol
"Reasonably priced for a "suite""
Motel is in a great location; not too far from some of the "must visit" places in Monterey. + Pros Reasonably priced for a suite (studio type) Fireplace influenced ambiance Murphy bed available for families Continental breakfast included - Cons Noise level/traffic from outside Interior needs fresh coat of paint
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
Grajuit
"horrible"
Hotel room was dirty..walls floors.furniture..rooms dont look like pictures. Doesn't feel safe to be there...it just was gross
3 night family trip Mar 9, 2014
trini
"Good Hotel, Good Location"
The room was clean and in good shape, but on the small side. It was difficult to do much more than lay on the bed, because other furniture was not really comfortable and there wasn't a lot of other space in the room. Info binder not up to date and info about Monterey area not adequate. I suppose I was expecting more with the name Clarion. However, for one person in the room and a short stay, the room was nice
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
Lyle
"Reasonable price, great location and amenities"
This hotel was clean and appealing, inside and out. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very large with a fireplace, mini fridge, microwave and comfortable beds. Breakfast room was sunny and pleasant and the food choices were better than average for continental breakfast.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
Paula
"Great value, great for kids!"
Indoor pool and jacuzzi make this hard to beat. Great breakfast included, huge 2 bedroom rooms great for parents with kids who still want some privacy. 2 huge tv's in rooms provide cartoons and options! We we'll be staying here while visiting our daughter in college for the next 4 years. The pool is great in sometimes cold Monterey. Thank you!!
2 night family trip Feb 26, 2014
Niki B.
"Close to the beach and shopping center"
First stay in a Clarion hotel. I've paid $55/night for a room with wi-fi, microwave, fridge, iron and ironing board, flat TV and free breakfast. What else could you ask for? I will definitely stay here again when I'm in Monterey.
Other trip Feb 28, 2014
"Excellant place to stay"
Excellant place to stay. This was my 2nd stay there. It was even better than the 1st.
1 night family trip Feb 24, 2014
Skip
"Nicely updated, convenient location"
Rooms were not finished being cleaned at check-in time, so we had a wait. But, the rooms were very clean, nicely updated, and very comfortable. The rooms were very spacious. Continental breakfast was average.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2014
RLCVS
"Good Value!"
We enjoyed our stay very much. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Wasn't thrilled with the breakfast. Would of loved eggs and Sausage or bacon.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Nicki Bernacchi
"This hotel has an indoor heated pool and Spa."
The Spa was a great way to relax after Marshaling at the AT&T golf tournament.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Ron
"very good"
Very good hotel for the price that we paid. Nice and clean. I definitely recommend
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2014
This hotel was a wonderful place to stay the night, very quiet, great view of the bay and just the most delightful stay for a weekend getaway.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
weekend traveler
"Clarion"
Convinient, clean and front desk staff very helpful. Room was on the small side but well equiped and clean.
1 night trip Jan 16, 2014
"A hidden gem!"
I was very impressed with the room and indoor pool. Friendly staff and lived the fireplace!
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
kathy
"good location, nice pool"
kids enjoyed the indoor heated pool (we went winter time) & adults liked the spa! breakfast is ok. location is near monterey center. fireplace in the room did not work, looks unsafe becuse electrical wiring is loose & hanging out. room a bit smelly.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
EN
"Nice, comfortable motel, close to action."
Good experience.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
Norm
"Good hotel and good price"
We've always been happy with our stay's at Clarion, and this was not exception . A Good location, nice rooms, and we appreciate the frig and micro too.
2 night romance trip Jan 6, 2014
"Wonderful accommodations"
Really enjoyed our stay and the suites. Grandkids loved the pool and the breakfast was superb.
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
"Great room"
Great room. Convenient location for 1st night or Christmas at the Adobes.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
"Just a place to sleep"
It is cheap, but not a great place for family to live when vacation
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
Nice and cozy. Great location and very good service
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2014