All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America

Room is all right
Good breakfast. Beautiful plantings. Toilet did not flush well
2 night family trip May 17, 2015
"Fair value for money"
Good breakfast, Rooms are a little dated.
1 night family trip May 12, 2015
"Wouldn't go here again"
Room was much smaller then photos available on site.I've camped in tents larger then the room they gave us. The hotel needs a remodel and an update. Our first night the internet did not work.
2 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Patrick
"Nice little place"
Nice continental breakfast. Fresh fruit, pastries, cereals, waffles, oatmeal (but was watery maybe so wouldn't dry out quickly). Staff friendly and helpful.
1 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Pleasantly surprised"
We really enjoyed our stay! It was perfect for our family. Our hotel had two separate rooms and we slept better than we have in any other hotel. It was quiet and peaceful and we had a gorgeous view of monterey. Loved it!
2 night family trip May 12, 2015
Norma
"Good enough."
Average hotel that did the job for a one night stay. About a mile from Fisherman's Wharf.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
Stayed for 2 nights. Room was clean and quiet. Dish TV in the room along with a refrigerator and coffee maker, only complaint is that the wi-fi cut off on us for an extended period of time. Breakfast was pretty good, liked the biscuits and gravy.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Good hotel for a bargain"
Overall loved the hotel for the price. It was a very comfortable stay. The main downside was the smell of the room.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Alex
"This hotel is a joke"
We showed up to our hotel at about 10 pm and were so ready to crash after a long day of traveling. Needless to say we were very disappointed. First of all, our room was right next to the maintenance room so it had a chemical smell. We got to our room and were checked into a single even though we put that we needed room for 2 people. They gave us a full bed. It was so small that we were practically sleeping on each other. There was hardly any room to walk around the bed. I went to the office and politely told them that we were put into a room that was only meant for one person and that we reserved a room for two. The staff told me that we could switch rooms but we would have to pay $25 extra a night. I did not want anything extravagent, just a room to accommodate 2 people. So I paid the extra but they said the room that they moved us to was only available for the two nights so we had to switch again! I was so frustrated. The rooms had broken switches, gross walls, and muggy smells. I told the front desk that I did not feel that I should have to pay to get a normal/standard bed size for two. They would not budge and still charged me. I am not a room snob by any means but this place is a joke.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"one night stop over"
Location was very good. Staff very nice. Pool was warm and clean. Spa was clean as well. Heavy chlorine smell but that is better than a lack of chlorine. Overall the facility looked ok. My room was in need of some TLC, the window shear had two top to bottom rip's which I did inform the front deck on when leaving.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"Decent for our stay"
Got great service and profesional care by Diego @ the front desk esp. at check-in. Although when I asked another front desk staff for info regarding what to do around the area they had no clue. So do your homework before you venture to near-by attractions. Breakfast was mid-par. Could have better food to serve. Got the King-bed room at the top floor. I was pretty impressed at how large our room was especially for having a toddler with us. There was plenty of room to fit at least 4 more adults... a Murphy bed (which we didn't use) and a couch with a fireplace, a small fridge and microwave. Vanity area was large with an adjoining bathroom. The room seemed clean until I checked my daughter 's new pair of white socks I just put on her. It was already dirty from the carpet. Decor could use sprucing up but who cares much if you are out most of the day. I must say, the bed was very comfortable. The only thing was my husband was complaining the next day that he kept scratching all night. That same day I noticed both my daughter's arms and on one of her legs was small bug bites. I also have them on both lower legs. I would recommend this place only if they periodically change the mattresses or do something so that other guests don't get these bug bites.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Visitor
"Nice and affordable hotel in a great location."
We were surprised how roomy the room was. They have several amenities such as gas fireplace, flat screen tv, indoor pool and spa was terrific. The bed was so comfortable so we had a great nights sleep.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"quick overnite stay"
The staff was curteous and helpful. The location seemed safe and close to many attractions in monterrey. The breakfast was decent. The bed was hard. It was a quick stay as we were going to the aquarium the next day so it served its purpose.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Great place to stay for a night or two."
I would recommend this place to anyone staying in the Monterey area. It's walking distance to downtown and away from all of the noise. Many perks including free breakfast (too sweet), indoor Jacuzzi and pool, microwave and fridge in room, etc...
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"OK FOR ONE NIGHT"
IT WAS OK FOR ONE NIGHT, EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS FREE WIFI WE COULD NOT ACCESS IT FROM OUR ROOM AT ALL. BEDS WERE OK. THE ROOM WE WERE IN HAD TWO ROOM BUT THE ONLY COOLER WAS IN THE FIRST ROOM SO THE OTHER ROOM WAS VERY HOT.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
"A little high for what you get..."
Older hotel, could use a little paint here and there. Rooms were clean. Would be nice for hotel to have a list of channels available on TV---the Direct TV Guide was very confusing. Easy access to get to the places we wanted to go. Continental breakfast was "so-so".
2 night trip Aug 4, 2014
The extra $20 per room requested when we checked in was certainly a surprise. There shouldn't be any monetary surprises as we paid ahead through hotels.com. This was said to be a deposit on any damages and would be returned in a "couple of weeks". We'll see. The rooms needed some updating but were comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Jul 30, 2014
Love the two room suite & the indoor heated pool/jacuzzi
2 night business trip Jul 28, 2014
To much noise.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2014
willie
"Great Getaway!"
Service at the front desk at check-in was very good , she helped us find the fair grounds nearby. The room we stayed in was clean , but very tight as far as space, comfortable bed & bath. The continental breakfast was good. Didn't use the pool but it looked nice. Overall very good stay!
2 night romance trip Jul 27, 2014
Pam
"Our home for the Carmel Bach Festival"
The Clarion worked fine for us as a home base to attend the Carmel Bach Festival. The drive to the venues was reasonable, and the hotel was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was adequately staffed. The staff person operated the waffle maker. We would have appreciated some yoghurt and eggs and bacon, but the fruit, cereals, and pastries were fresh.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Paul S.
"Room didn't match picture"
I chose this hotel because I was traveling with a child and the picture indicated it had a couch which was where the child was going to sleep. I was disappointed to arrive to find out the room I was assigned did not have a couch and there were no roll away beds available for the room. The front desk employee tried to have me upgrade to a larger room. I was unhappy with that. The breakfast was simple but adequate. The pool had lots of hair balls in it...it needs to be cleaned regularly! It was a quiet room and we slept well.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
CC
Decent Stay. Was kinda pricy because of summer but it was ok. The staff there was nice. Needs more comfy beds but overall was nice. Great pool
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Fine Hotel in Monterey......."
Monterey is the stuff of dreams!!! and this Hotel is very close to Fisherman's wharf.....some great restaurants there. When I checked in I asked Diego for a quiet room and he gave me the 206...top floor very very quiet....The room was spotless.....so clean and neat!!! This hotel is set back from Munras Ave....and kind of cozy.......Great breakfast in the morning...much better than most continental breakfasts! Freshly made waffles and biscuits and gravy nice choice of cereal, bagels, toast...and there is a place to sit outdoors....I really enjoyed that...nice breakfast and talking with another guest. I would definitely to this hotel again.....and both of the receptionists were very helpful and friendly!
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Jeni
"I'm glad staying this hotel!"
Check in less than 3 minutes with parking next to the room. What a surprise! Each queen bed in a seperate room and clean bathroom and plus a nice little views of ocean from the balcony. Did not expect than much for a cheap hotel. But this one beat the Best Western and nearby hotel.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"They overbooked!!"
I made reservations through Expedia to stay at the Clarion hotel for one night starting on July 14th and leaving on July 15th. I knew my sister and her son would arrive before me so I called the hotel in advance in order to ensure my sister would be able to check in without me there. The woman at the front desk assured me that it would not be a problem. The woman stated my sister would get her room and she would leave a note for the next employee. A couple hours later, my sister called me and said the hotel overbooked and our rooms were transferred to the Quality Inn. I spoke with the employee at the front desk and explained that I had called a few hours prior and was never informed of the situation. In fact, we were assured our rooms were available. The woman apologized but stated they had overbooked. She further explained that due to us booking through a third party, they only guarantee the rooms they personally book. The Clarion looks like a nice hotel, I was very disappointed that we were forced to stay at the Quality Inn. If I wanted to stay at the Quality Inn, I would have booked a room with them. On a side note, according to the staff at the Clarion, the same company owns both hotels. I guess that is why they share the same pool.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Jaded
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Nice hotel serves its purpose needs better mattress. Its a good hotel for the price
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"WALKING DISTANCE TO TOWN"
We stayed 2 nights and found this hotel to be clean and comfortable. It is within walking distance to the town. A great breakfast was provided.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2014
MAREE
I love the room, it has a door for privacy between the 2 queen beds. The beds are very comfortable.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
cecile
"Nice, quiet retreat."
We stayed for two nights and were very pleased with the accommodations. The room was clean. The grounds were well kept. Breakfast (7:30-10:00) was adequate. Waffles, biscuits & gravy, cereals, toast, English muffins, pastries, coffee, teas, oj, cranberry juice and milk. All in all we would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Cynthia
"Great for the money!"
The Clarion is a good bang for the buck. The rooms were clean and the indoor swimming pool was a hit with my children. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Aphisong
"Great value"
Hotel near the center of Monterey peninsula.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2014
Dennis
The heated pool is awesome. The hotel breakfast was great too.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Jess
"Great choice"
We were very happy with the Clarion. Our room was on the second floor, and what a nice surprise--we had a view of the bay. The balcony was very small, but enough room for 2 chairs. The room was a decent size and the breakfast included hot items--oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, and waffles. It has good access to the freeway and is a few minutes drive to the wharf.
2 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Dana
Parking was very limited and difficult to navigate. Complimentary continental breakfast although appreciated was served latr than convenient and in a very small room with limited seating. Attendant responsible for preparing and providing breakfast was very pleasant and accommodating. Room had a pervasive odor which was impossible to eliminate even with door open and fans running.
4 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
The breakfast had a great selection. The hotel was in a nice area with no congestion so it was easy to cross the road in a car. It was within driving distance of the beach. The room was clean and nice as well.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Kimmi
"Old hotel"
The rooms were small and cramped; you could smell mold.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Elvi
"Cute!"
This lil hotel was unexpectedly cute! The staff was great and room was a bit small, but it did the trick. I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
diane
"Quick stop"
Hotel is old but comfy, had 2 seperate bedrooms which was great, modern TV 's , modern bathroom..... Indoor pool.... Free cheap breakfast nothing great ..... Couple minutes from the pier which has some good eats....If your in Monterey on a Tuesday check out the Farmers Market it's pretty cool
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2014
Mh
"Good experience!!"
Slept great! Enjoyed the big windows to allow for fresh air!!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Comfy hotel near many Monterey attractions"
Stayed here for a night with a few friends for a mini get away after finals. The heated pool was amazing! Breakfast was yummy and our rooms were comfy and neat. I had an enjoyable and comfortable stay. The pricing was pretty good for all the amenities included.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Brianna
"I would definitely stay here again."
We were very satisfied with the price and state of the hotel. It was conveniently located and managed by a friendly staff. If we could change anything it would be that the breakfast was very sugar heavy. Too sugary. Also the second night we were there they turned on these very bright lights outside every door. They were SO bright we had to keep adjusting the curtains because even with just a crack it was keeping us up.
3 night family trip May 20, 2014
Crystal
"monterey weekend"
At the end of the first day I returned to find out that everything in my room had been taken to another room. No reason given. Very upsetting. At the end of the second day both of our access keys had been deactivated. No reason given. That night, about midnight, someone was banging on my door looking for someone. I went to use the phone to call the front desk and found the phone had been disconnected.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"great time will be back"
Nice for the price
2 night business trip May 19, 2014
"nice hotel for a cheap room"
For a room with $89, this room is really great. But the room is a little bit old.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Great Value"
My wife and I, had a 1 queen bed room. Sheets and towels were very clean. Bed is on the firm side, but I prefer this as it is better on the back. There was a flat screen TV, and I was able to watch ESPN before going to sleep. WIFI internet worked fast. Front desk/concierge ladies were very kind and friendly. Pool and hot tub were nothing to be excited about. Our night was quiet, comfortable, and we had a great night's sleep. Overall great value and very close to downtown, cannery row.
1 night trip May 19, 2014
"great"
This is a great hotel my 3 year old love the swimming pool her frist time in a pool it is very close to everything clean room the house keeper even put my daughter stuff anmials on the bed ill come back for sure
3 night family trip May 9, 2014
marcus
"Good deal, not perfect"
The place was sufficient and a really good deal. The carpet and bedding were not super nice and seemed like they might be dirty, but the bathroom was nicely upgraded. The continental breakfast was a step above the usual, and I enjoyed it.
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Not a disaster, but had problems."
Was initially pleased with pool, breakfast area, cozy looking room with clean smell-- then started finding problems. Possessions from previous occupant had been left in room and not cleaned up, including a bag of candy on a high shelf, and a bottle cap and a toy under the edge of the bed. The shower curtain was torn-- upon request, we were given a new one. The showerhead had a bulging o-ring and spat water out the side, and had been doing this long enough to grow mildew where the spray went. This was not fixed as quickly-- I asked the desk to see to fixing it, and they immediately sent a maintenance man to our room, but upon being told we weren't ready for him to come in and needed him to come back a little later, he never returned. Also, one of the coffee straws in the coffee-and-tea box had been chewed on and put back and was not replaced.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Christopher
"Clean and quiet"
Nice and clean. Quiet neighborhood and family oriented.
1 night business trip May 2, 2014