All hotels in Pleasanton, California, United States of America
807 Main St, Pleasanton, CA, 94566, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
"From our first encounter with Martha"
Martha greeted us at the front desk & set the tone one of the most enjoyable hotel stays I've had. The Rose Hotel is obviously an impecably & meticulously well run jewel box of a hotel. Spotless, generous, hospitable to the max. They truly understand hospitality. Perfectly situated in walking distance to anything you could want in town. Breakfast is a pure quality feast! Treats in every corner to keep your energy up. The bathroom is very large, shower is delightful and the robes ... well I just had to purchase one beause they are that good. Can't wait to return and spend more time in the Rose Hotel. Bravo!
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
lwb
"Gathering Place for Friends"
I love staying at the Rose Hotel. Being a local who recently moved, I chose the Rose Hotel to be conveniently located for my visit with all my dearest friends. The lobby is a great place for coffee, breakfast, wine, or just Meet & Greet. I was there for 9 nights, there was not one day that I was ever disappointed by the quality of hospitality that the entire staff extended to me. I will be back again in late fall for another visit. Kudos to the Rose Hotel
9 night trip Mar 18, 2014
Cindy H
"Great place in Downtown Pleasanton"
Everything was outstanding. The only criticism I can give is the very sweet lady at the front desk was unfamiliar with downtown Pleasanton. We were looking for a place to have breakfast and she suggested a place that was a few miles away when there were several outstanding options right down the street.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"Great Hotel in Pleasanton. - who knew?"
Great.
2 night business trip Mar 4, 2014
"so perfect for valentines day"
So quiet , everything was perfect .rooms are so big . there was no description of bathroom except jacuzzi tub but also is a shower with a bench all the way across it bathroom was wonderful so beautiful
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Kelly powell
"All around great experience."
Great staff, very comfortable and clean. This property is well cared for and very well managed. Comfortable and classy.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Glen
"Trly a ROSE of an experience"
From the staff, to the aromas, to the room, and all the details staying in the ROSE theme, it was a fantastic experience. One of the best sleeps I have ever had. I was visiting friends in the area and had to invite them down to
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2013
Happy Rose Guest
amazing place.!
2 night trip Nov 23, 2013
Roque
Great hotel option in the area.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2013
"A true rose"
From the greeting upon entry to the large circular stairway that leads to the second floor every moment of the Rose was an experience in comfort and service. The room was large, well appointed, turn down service, all was in place for a seem-less transition from home to work space. I will be back next time I have business or leisure in the area!
2 night business trip Nov 3, 2013
Joseph L
"Wonderful!"
Wonderful place to stay! The staff is exceptionally professional, the rooms are beautiful, the bathrooms are luxurious, and the breakfast is amazing! By far my favorite place to relax!
1 night trip Oct 31, 2013
The best value for the money I have ever experienced.
2 night romance trip Oct 18, 2013
dr. piconi
"date night with my wife"
we loved our stay , it felt like we walked in a friends guest bed rm at a victoran home , we loved the old bit well maintained features of the rose, I must say the continental breakfast was way better than we expected :)
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"Highly recommended!"
I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and I am very satisfied with what the hotel had to offer. Great location, the room was well appointed, spacious and extremely clean. The stuff is courteous, polite and well trained. And continental breakfast was absolutely great too (which does not happen too often from my travelling experience even in the big name's hotels). I am very inpressed
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"Lovely hotel!"
A wonderful stay at a beautiful hotel. Very elegant and restful.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Love the Rose Hotel. Second time staying there & can't wait to go again.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2013
Stacey
"Scottish Highland games"
This is the 5th time I've stayed at the Rose Hotel and I love it there. A new family tradition when attending the Scottish Highland games, my partner and I stay there. It would be really nice if they had room service, but because of the location, you don't need it. Everything thing is within walling distance. Highly recommend it.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
D.A.
"great attention to detail"
I loved it. The room was beautiful and very comfortable. The hotel staff was helpful and very accessible. What I liked most was the attention to detail. All throughout the room there were little things that showed the owners of this hotel cared about the visitors experience to the smallest detail. The delicious coffee in the room, the placement of light switches, the robes, slippers, and the light on the rose on the wall. That is just a few of the things and there were much more. When I have a chance I will be back.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
"Absolutely the right choice"
Absolutely delightful hotel. Enjoyed it very much and wished I could stay. I was passing through the area on the way to visit relatives. The room was quite large and very well decorated. The bed was very comfortable and the French press coffee pot in the room a special touch. The bathroom was beautiful with mosaic floor and separate Jacuzzi tub plus large walk in shower.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
"Beautiful"
Gorgeous place to go for an anniversary weekend.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2013
"Absolute Hidden Gem"
Absolutely amazing in every way. A true 5 star feeling. They think of everything. Definitely on my short list of hotels to stay in. Great job to the staff. The location is amazing!!!!!!
2 night business trip Aug 6, 2013
"A little over rated."
The toilet was too low. No room service. However we did have a good time and your breakfast was the best.
6 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"What a great place to spend the entire weekend."
Great comfort, best location and top hotel in bay area
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Great boutique hotel!"
Excellent facilities and first-class service and attention to detail... Worth every dollar!
Your comments summarize our mission. Thank you.Tom Walker, Sales Manager
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Beautiful centrally located boutique hotel"
Spent 4 nights at the Rose and plan on returning. The rooms are large and bathrooms beautiful. I enjoyed the continental breakfast with fresh fruit and the NY Times. My room overlooked the parking lot and was perfectly quiet. Did hear the train but that added to the hotel's charm.
Response by The Rose Hotel
Everthing is still the same including the train ! Hurry back. Tom Walker, Sales Manager
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Liz
"Excellent and highly recommended hotel"
I was more than pleased with the quality of this hotel... from the moment you walk in and meet the staff to the extreme cleanliness of the rooms and the hotel, it exceeded my expectations. I will definitely stay here when on business in the future
Response by The Rose Hotel
Nice to exceed a guest's expectations. We'll try to keep doing that. Tom Walker, Sales Manager
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2013
GML
"So many details!"
After an awful day of airline travel (lost luggage!), it was such a blessing to walk into The Rose Hotel. One of the few places to stay in Pleasanton proper, it absolutely exceeded my expectations. There are too many thoughtful, luxurious details to mention, but let's just say- I felt like royalty! During our small amount of down time from work, we loved walking around the little main street and enjoying the great dining and shopping. Can't wait to come back! AND, hotels in this range don't usually offer free parking and free breakfast- bonus!
2 night business trip May 6, 2013
Virginia
"Worth the price!"
This was well worth feels like a 5 star and lots of dinning very close.
1 night romance trip May 4, 2013
brandon
"Beautiful Hotel in downtown Pleasanton, CA"
Amazing gem in the quaint downtown district of Pleasanton. The attention to detail is impeccable. Can't wait to go back. Beautiful in every way; great staff and the breakfast was amazing as well.
Other trip Apr 27, 2013
Allie
"great hotel"
i am very selective of the hotels I stay in. I never stay in hotels that allow pets and never stay in a hotel where I have to complain about cleanliness. This hotel is clean, elegant, and located in a great neiborhood. I would recomment this hotel 5 out of 5 times.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2013
"Amazing hotel for those special occasions!"
My husband and I spent the week end at the Rose Hotel for our 30th Anniversary and had a wonderful experience. We don't splurge on ourselves very often so this was a real treat. The staff were wonderful and accommodating, our room was large, beautiful with amazing furnishings, seating area, desk and tons of extras you expect from a very high end hotel. It included turn down service in the evening with chocolates on our pillows and soft music playing in our room. The bathroom was a dream with a jacuzzi tub as well as a large glassed in shower & private commode room. Amenities galore included robes, slippers, bathroom candle and matches, free bottled water, fully stocked mini fridge (per use charge#, local maps #$5 ea#, containers on the bath counter with cotton swabs and cotton pads, the usual soaps, bath gel, shampoo and conditioner, plenty of towels, a gentlemen's butler- #bench with clothing hanging section, shoe shine kit and shoe horn), cabinet with coffee & tea service and plenty of fresh choices and condiments, and an amazing continental breakfast. If you also want a spectacular dining experience, try Barone's right next door on John St. Possibly the best meal I have ever eaten - we both had the filet topped with crab and bearnaise sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus.
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
Monica
"A little piece of heaven"
We selected The Rose as a place to stay the night of our Son's wedding so that we did not have to drive the full distance home. It was wonderful. No other way to describe it. I have back problems, so the jacuzzi tube was a huge help! I am so thankful we chose The Rose. It is well furnished, comfortable and well maintained. It is quiet and welcoming in every way. Lots of convenient parking. Comfortable bed - I slept very well (my husband was not so successful; adrenalin?) many, many Than You's to The Rose for a lovely experience.
1 night trip Mar 24, 2013
"best place for our 10 yr wedding ann."
for the month of Feb we celebrated my bday V-day and wedding ann. we went to a b&b in sac and it was a bad experince. and going to the rose hotel made up for it BIG time. the staff was wonderful, loved the parking, and the breakfast was wonderful. im also 8 months pregnant, so having snacks all over the hotel was a huge plus for me!!! and the FREE water bottle also helped. the coffee was great. the best part was the bathtub and shower specially being 8 months pregnant and axcually being able to fit nice and comfortably. we are going there every year from now on. :)
1 night trip Feb 25, 2013
"Perfect in Pleasanton!"
I stayed here for business and would stay here again in a heartbeat for business or surely pleasure. Great rooms "Wynn like" and small touches cool like the French press and even candles. Continental breakfast is outstanding.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2013
"There is not a comparable hotel in the area"
As usual, we had a great stay. The room was spacious and impeccable, and the service was fantastic.
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2013
Joe and Jen
"great little hotel...but"
The hotel was beautiful but the check in was rediculous.... I arrived at 9:30am and was told I'd have to wait til 3pm to check in. Checkout is at noon. There is NO reason it should take 3 hrs to clean a room! Not sure I would stay again unless they speed things up... at least not for business. No one wants to hall their lugage around to business meetings.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2013
kristine
"The Rose Hotel is outstanding!"
The Rose was an unexpected surprise. I read the reviews but still didn't expect too much. Pleasanton is a cool little town but to have this first rate hotel now makes it a destination. I've been lucky to travel the world and have stayed in some incredible hotels. The Rose is in my top five of all time!
1 night trip Feb 1, 2013
This is the best hotel I've stayed in... Maybe ever. Just wonderful.
Other trip Feb 9, 2013
"European décor and ambience"
Don't pass up an opportunity to stay here. You will not be disappointed.
1 night trip Jan 20, 2013
Dr. O
"Just Gorgeous!"
I visit the Pleasanton/Livermore area every month for business and have stayed at just about every hotel and motel in that area over the past 8 years. I've avoided The Rose because of the price, but a good deal from Expedia was too good to pass up. Yes, the hotel is more expensive than the other local choices, but it's worth every penny. I arranged a good price for all my trips for the rest of the year. Great value for money!
Other trip Jan 17, 2013
"Slept Like A Log!"
This hotel is beautiful! The bed is so comfortable I fell immediately asleep. The room is just so relaxing and comfortable. Staff is the best I have come across in 30 years of traveling. I will be back!
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2013
"Great Romantic Getaway"
A great find in Pleasanton. Felt like we were away at a resort rather than downtown amid all the shops and restaurants. Room was large with spa-like feel to the bath area. Very comfortable bed, free wifi, bottled water and fresh ground Peets Coffee with a French Press coffeemaker. We would love to have stayed another night, oh well, next time. Lobby was very inviting with reading areas and lobby bar. Continental breakfast was included but we had already made plans to meet friends at a nearby bistro for brunch. A real gem.
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2012
Dennis I
"Outstanding hotel - the way it should be everytime"
I'm a frequent business traveler(over 100k flight miles annually) and a frequent traveler to Pleasanton. Most of the time I stay in one of the larger chains due to points accumulation and frankly, not caring too much except for a clean room and a shower that works without having the tub fill up with 4 inches of water while showering. In this instance, all of the major hotels were booked and I was fortunate enough to find and stay at the Rose Hotel. What a treat! The staff were so friendly and accomodating. There is candy, water, and fruit all over for the guests - without charge. The rooms were very nice, spacious and the bathrooms were outstanding with a shower, separate tub, and all in very nice quality marble and wood. Turn down service, free continental breakfast (with eggs, salmon, breads, muffins, juices, coffees, etc.) and free wi-fi in a very quaint, and well appointed hotel makes this one my best hotel experiences of the year. I knew it was going to be good when I ordered my second glass of wine at the bar in the lobby and with that second glass came a new, clean glass. Nice touch Rose! I will find ways to stay here again and enjoy the comfort and warmth of the Rose! I am looking forward to coming back for a pleasure trip and will definitely stay at the Rose.
Other trip Dec 6, 2012
Hepps
Staff very friendly and nice breakfast is served in the morning.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2012
"What a jewel!"
What sets outstanding service apart from others? Attention to detail. This hotel has it from the beautiful fresh rosé in your immaculately elegant clean room all the way to the bathrobe and slippers! Turn of the century styling elegance, wonderful staff make sure you have the best stay possible. I travel a lot and this is the best hotel I have ever come across. Breakfast is wonderful and the fresh fruit and snacks on every floor are nice. Oh and the cookies are nice after a hard day. Rooms are large and elegant. My only complaint is that I can not live in this hotel but I am open for adoption! What a wonderful experience!
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2012
"Local suprise"
Our stay was delightful, we were pleasantly surprised. They room was classy, comfortable, clean and spacious. The hotel staff were exceptionally welcoming and friendly. The continental breakfast was excellent. My hubby enjoyed the complimentary shoe shine. Who knew we had such a gem so close to home! We will be sure to be back.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2012
Judy
Awsome !!!!! It's so cozy and wonderful staff!!!! 5 stars in my book....
1 night trip Oct 16, 2012
Marisa
"Great Boutique Hotel"
The hotel was immaculate, clean, and the staff friendly. Loves the spaciousness and the extra touches (ie, candles in the bathroom, robes, shoes, and turn down service). The only complaint was the noise from the street below (we had the window open). Will definitely stay again, but on the interior side!
2 night business trip Oct 13, 2012
"Great relaxing hotel!"
I have been to this hotel twice and its great! Hotel staff is very warm and welcoming. The rooms are amazing and love the standing spacious showers.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2012
Jacob
"Stay Here"
First off, I never write reviews unless its really bad or really good. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Rose..... Especially if you're going to enjoy the nightlife downtown pleasanton has to offer. This Hotel seems a little pricier than the other but in the end you save. Their continental breakfast includes lox, smoked salmon, cold cuts, fresh delicious sweet fruit and berries, and all of the rest but its quality. And the Hotel is right in Downtown Pleasanton on Main street so theres no need for a cab. They include 4 water bottles in your room for free and a french press with Peet's coffee grinds in each room. The rooms are spacious and every room has a big bathtub with jacuzzi jets with a separate shower. It has everything you need.
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2012