All hotels in Ashland, Ohio, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1065 Claremont Ave, Ashland, OH, 44805, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"bad"
Windows dirty, tarps on roof, person at desk could tell you nothing. They didn't even know where the ice machine or even if they had one.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"No fringes"
No breakfast. Good location. Skimpy pillows.
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
"Nice Hotel Near Family"
We arrived early about 6:45 am and rang the buzzer for night service since this hotel is not a franchised 7/24 hotel. The manager came out and verified our reservation. The official check in time was 3:00 PM. We had travelled all night on the Greyhound bus and had very little sleep. We just wanted to leave our luggage because we expected to not be allowed to check in. What a wonderful experience when the manager who came to the desk went ahead and gave us our room. Within 30 minutes of getting inside, we were catching up on much needed sleep. I would stay there again and would also like to say that they were excellent in resupplying coffee and bathroom shampoo daily. They provide an adequate breakfast and have a large and nice visiting lobby.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Seed2harvest
"Check in"
I received a phone call at 3pm asking me if I was going to check in that day. I indicated that I was just a town away and would be arriving around 4:30pm. The gentleman indicated that he was leaving to go to Walmart and that he would be back for my check-in. I arrived at 4:50pm and no one was there. There was a phone sitting on the check-in counter with a note indicating that if anyone wanted to rent a room to dial this certain number. I dialed the number and left a message. I dialed the number at least another 5 times and no one answered. I went and sat down in the lobby and after about 10 min the phone on the counter rang. I went to pick it up as I thought the proprietor was calling me back....but it was another prospective customer....when I explained that I was just a guest answering the phone..the caller laughed and indicated to me that he stayed there once before and had a room by the desk and he had to get out of bed in the middle of the night to go and answer a constantly ringing phone of a hotel customer wanting a wake-up call. Anyway, when the male and female finally arrived about 5:05pm...they were pleasant but never even apologized for my having to wait.
2 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Pleasantly surprised"
Hotel was kind of tucked away and had definitely been around a while but it was clean.. quiet...and had a very nice tv.... A nice two night stay for a good price....
tommymic
"Not bad"
Hotel manager was nice, rooms were clean. We were on first floor and could hear every creak of the wood above us (loudly) which got old fast. The highlight is the pub connected to the building and being on campus.
1 night business trip May 9, 2014
"Inexpensive, clean but not particularly special"
The service was great but the rooms and the breakfast are bare minimum.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"Ashland University visit for Family Weekend"
All we really did was sleep there. We didn't even take advantage of breakfast. (maybe next time) I chose it because it was the most reasonably priced in the Ashland area and all we were doing was sleeping there. Went down to visit daughter for Family Weekend at AU. The hotel was older and dated, but cleaner than some newer ones that we have stayed at. There were no odors, stains, spots on any of the ceilings, walls or carpets. Our room was extremely spacious, bigger than we have ever stayed in. Large double vanity bathroom, and beautiful older furniture. Free coffee and we forgot our toothbrushes and the staff was happy to supply us with some. It will be our "go to spot" every time we visit!! Next time, we will try to take advantage of the "Pub" connected. There wasn't even any noise!!
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Patti
"Terrible , Terrible , Terrible"
Smelled , Not maintained , Hospitality 0 , I would never stay in this hotel again
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
"All Good, small town, older property."
My stay was very good for the price, great for travelers. Refrigerator, coffee, in room; bar and restaurant on property.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Old and tired"
The rooms are tired and the chairs in the room were water spotted and dirty. The TV was old and did not work well - poor picture quality. The manager was on the telephone the total time we were checking in. No friendly greeting or acknowledgement. We did get extra towels as needed and the bathrooms were okay. If this were a low cost hotel, it would have been okay. But for the money we paid, I believe there are much nicer hotels in the area. We will just look harder next time.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"I would stay here again."
The proprietor was uncommunicative and rather cold and unfriendly. Although we thanked him several times during our stay, not once did he thank us, his paying guests.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Knife
Room was clean but looked worn-out except for the large screen TV. Large bathroom was a plus. The young woman working the check-in desk while not rude was unfriendly, appeared bored and did not make you feel welcomed.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2013
JC
"Very convenient to Ashland University, but....."
It was very clean and the staff was friendly. However, I felt that the information I got about the hotel was a bit misleading. It stated that they had better tv's than they had, which were the old ones. It also stated that they had a small refrigerator which is helpful to keep food in. There was a refrigerator...in the lobby. I also like a cold bedroom at night and there was a notice on the ac unit requesting that it not be turned colder...that if it quit, to turn it off for 30 minutes before restarting it. That made me leery of turning it to my comfort level. Also the one ice machine was downstairs at the end of another hallway, there, but not convenient. I won't be staying there again.
2 night business trip May 17, 2013
Karla K.
"No Business Center, water pipe issues"
I stayed at this hotel because of location to the job I was in town to do. They advertised that they had a business center and when I asked where it was they told me that they did not have one. They had a problem with the water pipes and they was running all night. Had to use a key to get in your room not a card???? They need alot of updates for the price they are charging.
2 night trip May 7, 2013
"got what you paid for"
It was ok. small out dated hotel but did not expect much going in.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2013
"Surrey Inn"
Nice location staff was friendly. Could have used a few more towels, and extra roll of toilet paper and no tissues.
2 night trip Mar 22, 2013
Christina
"a hotel to be avoided"
Would not return. No king bed available despite reservation for same. Staff could not understand why we were upset over the assignment of two double beds. Both my husband and myself are 6 feet tall and the first night was dreadful. They did move us the second night into a king room which was much more comfortable; however, the TV was falling off the wall and we couldn't make the maintenance person understand our concern and so it was not repaired. I'm sorry for the people who are staying there when it falls off. I think he couldn't understand English but when we showed him the loose bolts, he smiled and nodded and left. Very friendly but ineffective. The rooms were only cleaned up until 11 am, so the room had to be vacated at this time or it was not cleaned, so the room went uncleaned the second night. Linens, towels and toiletries were of a terribly inferior quality and they were unwilling to give additional ones despite the fact that the shampoo could only possibly clean a crew cut!!! The continental breakfast was a joke. The coffee was like water. There was a loaf of bread to make toast, and some stale pastries....seriously??? To reach the parking lot, you had to turn left off a major road and then enter a parking lot, pass through it, down an alley, over deep potholes, and past dumpsters to get to the hotel. Not an auspicious beginning
Other trip Mar 22, 2013
"not super friendly, but clean rooms and good loc."
Most of the reviews talk about the staff's lack of friendliness, which is pretty accurate. However, the service was efficient, the room was clean, and the location is good if you have something to do in Ashland (college visit, etc). It's not a romantic getaway, it's probably not the place I'd stay if I just needed to stay for a night, but it was quiet and clean.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2013
Russ
"Inaccurate list of amenities"
The location was good and the place was clean, but the list of amenities was incorrect. There was no HDTV, no mini fridge, no breakfast. When we went to our upstairs room the hallway was pitch black, no lights on at all, and our room's heater had to be plugged in and needed to be run for quite a while before we could even take off our coats.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2013
"I don't suggest."
I was expecting more from what is listed as a 2 star hotel. I'd go more with a 1 on that. The room size is nice and they were clean.. However, the temperature fluctuated a lot and there was no "perfect" temp. It was either too hot or too cold. Staff didn't care about anything.. Just sat in the back room and did whatever they were doing. Bed was uncomfortable. Nice dip in the middle. TV was very old and very few cable channels. When the person in the next room flushed their toilet.. You knew it in every part of your room. Extremely loud. It's just a generally run down place and no one seems intent on fixing it up and actually making it decent. They also still use "normal" keys, not electronic. The first key we were given didn't even work though it had the room number on it.. so we had to trek back down the stairs. Only two stories.. but no elevator and the stairs are nice and creaky so glad I wasn't near them.
Other trip Dec 16, 2012
Convenient location. Clean room. Sparce breakfast. Overall good experience.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2012
Edeebeedy
Management very indifferent to guests. Price was right.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2012
"convenient location - room excellent for price"
Fine. The people at the front desk were cold and every question was met with telling me to call you. It was like they didn't want us to be in their hotel. The room and location and price were perfect.
3 night trip Jul 16, 2012
"Clean and comfortable"
If you are looking for an inexpensive, clean room this hotel is it. Not a lot of bells and whistles but it was a clean, comfortable place to sleep.
Other trip Jul 5, 2012
traveler
"Acceptable"
The room was OK for as old as the place is, but it's time for the owners to invest in new towels. It almost hurt to dry off after my shower. I would also prefer updated locks on the doors than the big screen TVs. Worst "continental" breakfast I've seen.
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2012
"Not a friendly place"
Owners act as if guests are intruding. Not pleasant at all, borderline rude. If you don't like people you shouldn't own a hotel. Not a comfortable atmosphere. Hotel outdated in general.
Other trip Jul 4, 2012

"Wish i could take this bed home !!"
A wonderful homely hotel , very much needed stay . Bed was the comfiest bed ever
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"clean and friendly,"
pleasantly surprized, we were expecting small cramped rooms...it was quiet the opposite,very clean and spacious, friendly staff, very quick to respond to your needs, we will be back, we rated all catagories as 5 because of the competative room rates,
Other trip Jul 3, 2012
jake
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
Nilda
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Surrey Inn Hotel

"No frills basic accomodations"
05/09/15 jkn371 Commerce Township
The place was clean and the are doing updates. The beds are comfortable, bigger than average size of the rooms, newer TV with a re fridge. Very noisy if someone is staying above you. Breakfast left a lot to be desired. Open gallon of milk and orange juice in a small re-fridge, with an open loaf of wheat bread and open jar of peanut butter. Nothing laid out at all both Mondays I was there.Cold coffee.
"Wonderful Stay!"
03/10/15 EPMusic Kingsport, Tennessee
Wonderful Stay! We are blessed to travel at least a reasonable lot and were in town doing some music is 3 neighboring towns and stayed 3 nights . Room 109 had a sofa and king bed. VERY clean!!!!!! There was a large ( for a hotel/motel ) flat screen TV and a small refrigerator and a desk to work from . The furniture was scared up but that was no big deal. It was quiet ( even though it seemed to be full or close to it ) The couple that ran the Surrey were accommodating. We were made to feel welcome. My son told me that he felt were in an extension of someone's home instead of a hotel .When back in town again we plan on staying at the Surrey.
"allergies not good"
02/17/15 twinsdesign m
You may have to wait to check in. Not sure I think the owners live there. Poor Breakfast. Half frozen refrozen danish. Poor set up very cheep. Went to charge my phone in my room. OMG the dust thickness was like 1/4"-1/2" behind the bed and behind the night stand. It was nasty. Sneezed all night. Very Poor is you have any Allergies. . I think they clean the middle of the room if you know what I mean
"interesting"
12/03/14 Jon D Pandora, Ohio
The room was clean, roomy and quiet. Breakfast is a joke. No plates, no cups, no bowls, no utensils. Pour milk from a previously opened gallon of milk. Juice is grape juice. But my stay was marred by a row with the owner's wife at check in. She can not communicate in English. She was very confrontational with me about the room bill saying I had to pay again when I had already made the reservation by internet and had already paid with my credit card which I paid over four months ago. This was the worst check in experience I have had in over 40 years of travelling. She threatened me by saying I was going to have to talk to her husband. I went to the front desk after waiting two hours only for the husband owner to say all was right. No apologies from him. I will definitely never go back. I definitely would never advise anyone to stay here.
08/16/14 Michael C
This place is great. Clean. Nice bathroom. Irish pub right next door. Good food. Keno. I don't know what the other people who commented about this place we're talking about. For price you can't beat this place. Would recommend to anyone staying in this area
"Cheap price but you get what you pay for"
08/10/14 Ratskat Aurora, Ontario Canada
Receptionist (I think owner or managers daughter possibly) was not nice on check in, almost like she was enduring the chore like a punishment. No hello or goodbye from anyone in reception when you went in and out. No rudeness but also no welcome basically. You know the hotel is old or cheap when you get an actual KEY for the door, not a swipe card key. Hotel claims wifi and breakfast. Wifi worked fine, but breakfast was odd. I had to wake up the "manager or owner" at 7:30 as the lobby was empty and nothing was out. The hours listed are 6:30 to start so that was odd. He asked me to wait 5 minutes and then rushed around putting stuff out. The machine for coffee/hot water had to be turned on and even after 5 minutes there was no hot water still. There was not much there food wise and items seemed stale or old, IE:..could not spread the strawberry jam as it was a solid chunk. I would suggest breakfast elsewhere. The room was old and tired but at least clean. I knew this when I paid so little it would be that way but would have liked a screen on the window to let some air in without the bugs as well. Overall as stated you get what you pay for.
"What a dump!"
08/05/14 Juergen D Forest City
When I made the reservation, I informed them that I had a small dog. I was told that was not a problem, and the charges where the same. When we arrived the evening of 7/26/14 and got our room, our dog kept sniffing around the foot of the bed. When we looked under it, there were loose Cheerios, and a lot of other food items. When notified the front desk, and it was cleaned up. The next day, management put a sign in the check-in area, stating a charge for pets, which we had to pay. There are no tissues in the bathroom, and no clock in the room. There were pesty gnats in the room. When someone stayed in the room above us, the floors squeaked so badly, you could not sleep. The breakfast bar consisted of a bag of baggels, oatmeal, and cereal. They ran out of oatmeal later in the week. You also had a hard time understanding management. There was a sign on the back door stating no smoking, but management stood right outside the door smoking, as you walked in. We had to stay for an entire week, because of a death in the family. This was the worst experience we ever had staying in a hotel, but we had to stay because no other hotel that accepts pets was available during that time. What a dump!!!
"Very quiet place to sleep"
08/03/14 MMOHZ Hambergen, Germany
The hotel is located at a quiet place in the vicinity of Ashland university. We could sleep with open windows, air condition shut off! O.k., it could be better cleaned up, but overall we very satisfied. Internet access was good, it was really high speed. If you arrive at night, think about visiting O'Bryans Pub for a beer before going to sleep! Its adjacent to the hotel.
"Decent place...."
05/14/14 123AShifflett Fairfax, Virginia, United States
I liked the hotel's location - it is really convenient to Ashland University. The breakfast could be better. There was nothing really there, and you could tell a lot of it was from the day before. But other than that, I don't really have a problem with the place.
"Clean rooms - questionable management"
10/20/13 896Kathy1963 Beckley, West Virginia
Booked a room in April of 2011 for three days, advised clerk at the front desk at time of check-in due to a change in our itinerary we would only be needing the room for two days. At the time of booking a credit/debit card was required to hold this room - no mention of a deposit being taken. However, it turns out they charged all three days in advance of my stay! I checked out on a Sunday morning around 08:00 and was told by the gentleman (manager) at the desk he could not authorize a credit/refund to my card and that I would have to call AAA, which I booked the reservation through. To make a long story short, it took multiple letters and phone calls to the central headquarters and to the management [by me and a local AAA representative] as well as a complaint filed with BBB to finally get my money credited back to my account. Be very careful booking - will use a regular credit card the next time.