All hotels in Pacifica, California, United States of America
2160 Francisco Blvd, Pacifica, CA, 94044, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Worn-out hotel that needs good face lift"
The hotel was in the process of its remodeling. Indeed, a "face-lift" was overdue. However, in my room, the TV and furniture were new and the mattresses were quite comfy. BUT, the very old and "dirty" towels overshadowed anything good in this hotel. Price / value is too high so I will definitely stay in other hotel next time.
2 night business trip Apr 14, 2014
"noise, right on top of hill over all night freewa"
the lack of the night worker's frendliness should have warned me. The bulletproof glass to keep him warm on foggy nights was less than genuine. He just didn't like people - Hardly ever made eye contact. The sign said breakfast til 10 am but was not honored at 9:50 the place was spotless except for the empty box of doughnuts. 11am checkout was not honored either at 10:40 the knock on the door stated it was time to leave and the 10:45 phone call also stated it was time to leave now! The room cleaning lady did not seem calm maybe because of the pressure on her to perform or some other pressure from the unhappy managers.The calm resting stay that you want is NOT to be found in this hotel
Response by Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica
Thank you for your valuable comments. We apologize for any ways in which we fell short of your expectations during your recent stay with us. We strive to hire friendly and helpful people and will use your feedback in our efforts to improve our staffing. We also apologize if your found the breakfast lacking. Hundreds of guests are satisfied each week, but we sometimes miss the mark. For that, I'm truly sorry. Please try us again if you're in the area again. We're always striving to do better. Sincerely, Manager* Carlos
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"disappointed"
Hotel reception was not friendly, Continental breakfast was very small, just cereal milk, juice and Danishes, no fruit. The internet was slow,The room was clean but for the price we paid we could have stayed in a nicer hotel for 2 days for the same price. Over all it was very disappointing.
Response by Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica
Thank you for your comments. I’m sorry to hear that w failed to exceed your expectations. We believe we provide a good combination of amenities, convenience and value. I apologize if there were lapses during your stay through the busy spring break season. We’re changing and improving every day, and I hope you’ll be back with us again next year at this time. We learn from every comment and will take everything you’ve said into consideration. Sincerely, Manager
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"I love this place"
This is the second time I stayed at this hotel and it was delightful! Easy, close parking and cordial employees. The room was clean and the place was quiet. I will definitely come again when I visit family in Pacifica.
2 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Ellen
"It was ok."
The staff was friendly. Room were very basic and more like a motel. The part I didn't like was the lobby had a college dorm room odor. The room didn't have the odor and it was clean. The staff saves this from a lower rank.
Response by Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica
Thanks for recognizing the quality of our rooms and our exceptionally friendly and accommodating staff. We did not notice the odor in the lobby that you mentioned, but I’m glad you found the room to your liking. We constantly clean the lobby, of course, so any smell you may have noticed would be long gone now. If we fell short of your expectations in any way, I do sincerely apologize. Thanks, Manager carlos
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Cheap, rundown hotel, but great location"
While the bed was comfortable, and we had good water pressure and a flat screen TV, there were many issues. The toilet had a leak, the bathroom doorknob didn't work, the smoke detector went off if the shower steam touched it, and the microwave looked like it was from 1952. This hotel was next to the freeway, but in walking distance to the beach, pier, and many local shops, restaurants, and markets.
Response by Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica
Thank you for commenting about our hotel and noting its great location. I personally apologize that there were maintenance issues with your room. If you had notified us of these issues during your stay, we could have moved you to another room. We are now rechecking all rooms now to make sure that the problems you mentioned no longer exist in any rooms, and we appreciate you mentioning them to us in this review. We strive to satisfy all customers, and I'm sincerely sorry that we did not meet your needs or expectations. Thanks, Manager
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Ok for one day"
We stayed there three days. This was the first time i stayed in small hotel like this. i did not like service i can say no service at all.
Response by Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken: • Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. • Management was informed about your queries and instructed to look into matter. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica. I think you will be greatly pleased. Sincerely, Carlos,Manager Abvipacifica.
3 night family trip Jan 17, 2014
Unknown
"Close to San Francisco"
Bath towels were horrible
Response by Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica
Dear:Joe Please allow me this opportunity to apologize the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel on 12/14/ 2013. appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued gust. such as you. with anything less then a perfect experience. We credit our success in the loading industry to providing good and quality accommodation at affordable price. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue our high standards. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and have taken corrective action to ensure that this incident will not occur in the future.as credit for the disappointing stay you had at the hotel. I hope you will give us an opportunity to service your future loading needs. Sincerely, Carlos,Manager Abvipacifica
Other trip Dec 13, 2013
"HARD BEDS!! Very Noisy!!! Right off of HWY."
The floor was almost more comfortable than the bed. Rooms outdated. Hallways dirty. Very noisy, sounds from the HWY all day and night. Thin walls. The beach is a long walk from hotel. Go to Rockaway Beach, less noisy Hotels.and closer to the beach.
Response by Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica
Dear Guest,Jim Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken: • Staff members were notified of the remark you made about service being our priority and all received our commendation for the courteous manner in which they treat our valued guests. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica. I think you will be greatly pleased. Sincerely, Carlos,Manager. Abvipacifica.
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013
"Hotel Overlooking Highway"
I stayed two nights and had very little sleep due to the freeway noise.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
Oski
"Absolutely Awful"
The neighborhood the hotel is in is very seedy. I walked into the hotel and there was bulletproof glass across the entire front desk. When the lady came out to check me in, I heard her baby crying in the room in the back behind the front desk. Very unprofessional. I walked up to my room and locked my door, and the chain lock was completely ripped off. All windows were open and when I shut them I found out two didnt have any locks and the one that did the lock was broken. Carpet was soiled and just a very dirty environment in general. I ended up switching hotels because this one was completely unacceptable.
Response by Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica
Dear Guest, KJ Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken: • Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests. • Maintenance was informed of the chain lock and window broken lock in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the needed repairs. • Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn, San Francisco/Pacifica. I think you will be greatly pleased. Sincerely, Carlos,Manager. Abvipacifica.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2013
"decent"
Decent place not too far away from the city, for the price worth it
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2013
"Noisy"
I thought this would be convenient to the airport. It was easy to find but the hotel is in a sketchy section of town and was incredibly noisy. (Close to route 1)
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
"it was ok"
the room was ok, parking was good, I got to park in a carport behind the hotel. the area used for the continental breakfast was small and crowded, it consisted of three small tables in the lobby of the hotel. otherwise it was fpne!
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"Simple hotel close to the beach"
We stayed one night only. The room was clean, everything was working, but old. 5min walk to the beach and a golf club. Good for walking and relaxing. The staff was polite.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
Olga
"Way too much for price"
Ehh, I can't say you get what you pay for because you don't. Over priced for a cheap room.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"our stay"
We enjoyed it very much, we would tell anyone to stay there, we were there only 1 night but did enjoy our stay.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Peg
"good room great price"
Vary nice small little place I would stay again
1 night business trip Aug 25, 2013
lin
ok
2 night trip Jul 24, 2013
"Needs updating"
Hotel looks good from outside. When you enter the lobby there is bullet proof glass at the check in desk. It doesn't appear to be bad neighborhodd and maybe they have it because you can never be too careful but I have never gone to a hotel and seen this before. The hotel is in dire need up some upgrades but the carpet and bathrooms were clean. We booked the room at the last minute and paid more than it was worth in comparison to other places we have stayed at in the past. The freeway is right across the way but we slept fine even being on the freeway side. I don't think we would stay again unless the price was significantly lower.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"Easy Access to City and Beach"
The hotel is very close to the Ocean, within walking distance, also a very easy drive into the city if you desire to check out San Francisco. Don't expect too much from the continental breakfast, if you do want an actual breakfast there are plenty of restaurants that are close by. The room it self was cleanly and didn't have any problems sleeping in it. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to check out the San Francisco area on a budget.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Sam
Pacifica is a disappointing town, but the location of the hotel is close to SF. The rooms were average for a economy Inn. The beds however were not made properly, and the sheets were a disaster.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
The motel was a little further out from San Francisco than we anticipated; however, the room was clean , bed comfortable. The smell of the curry when we walked into the hotel was very strong; just about every day. Other than than we had a comfortable stay.........
4 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Ok hotel"
The hotel was in an ok location near rockaway beach. It was clean but a little outdated. The ad said continental breakfast but all they had everyday was cereal or a danish.
5 night trip Aug 1, 2013
Greg
"okay if you just need a place to sleep"
No Frills, Noisy, Right NextToFreeway
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
sandy
"unsatisfactory"
The hotel was totally over priced for what you got. It was very noisy due to it being across from the freeway.
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2013
"13 MILES FROM SAN FRAN WAS GOOD!"
HAD TO LOOK FOR SOMEONE TO REGISTER WITH WHEN WE GOT THERE! AND THE BREAKFEST WAS LACK LUSTER NOT MUCH TO EAT AND ON SUNDAY MORN THERE WAS NO BREAKFEST! WAS CLOSE TO THE BEACH AND TO SAN FRAN BUT SERVICE WAS NOT THERE! WAS PRETTY BAD!
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2013
"Cheap heap near the beach"
Rooms reasonably clean. Beds OK. Freeway too close makes the room noisy. Continental breakfast worst I have ever seen.
2 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2013
Sweede
"Walking distance to Ocean"
Nice Quite hotel Just off freeway within minutes of San Francisco.I was in a wheelchair during my stay and needed No additional services for my comfort.
3 night family trip Jun 18, 2013
Patty
"Do not expect much breakfast!"
The continental breakfast was cheap bread, two types of cereal and cheap danishes. Also, we left for the beach during the morning of our departure, came back to shower and room service came in and took all our towels! I requested more but was told they were being washed. They eventually brought us some.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2013
"This place is DISGUSTING!!! Smells like CURRY"
DO NOT DO IT!!!! It was soooooo nasty we had to check out paid in full one hour after arrival.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2013
Craig
"America's Best Value? LOL"
Half eaten cheetos under the bed, very unfriendly staff, no spare blankets.....
Other trip May 28, 2013
"Pleasant surprise"
The staff was very friendly. The location to SF is also great. The room was roomy enough to contain 3 adults and a toddler.
1 night family trip May 9, 2013
Petra
"DON'T TAKE A CHANCE, FIND ANOTHER PLACE"
ONLY GOOD THING I CAN SAY ABOUT OUR STAY IN THIS HOTEL IS LEAVING EARLY THE NEXT DAY.
1 night trip Apr 20, 2013
Howard
"Dirty and curry smelling hotel!"
The moment I walked in the building, I already smell the scent of curry. The smell is so strong I can still smell it up to my room. The towels and comforters are dirty. The towels needs to be replaced or soaked with bleach. The location is very close to freeway..I can hear the cars passing by. Although The place is a walking distance to the pier but overall not a good place to stay..the Hotel owner should have somewhere else to prepare their food. The curry smell gave me and my family nausea...we just dropped off our things, came back late and checked out very early. Or else I'll have nausea and vomiting.
Other trip Apr 16, 2013
"clean and acceptable"
We were only in town for one night for an event. We came in late and left early so we really didn't require much. Just a clean bed to sleep in and we got that. the room had coffee, a refrigerator and microwave. That was nice.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013
Char
"Quiet and relaxing"
My husband and I took our two young children to SF for their Spring Break. We booked this hotel in Pacifica because of the location close to all the must see's of the bay area but off the beaten path. The price was amazing. We had two queen beds and a kitchenette, which was great and saved us money. The price for the room was OUTSTANDING for the area, you couldn't beat it. We had a second story room and could see the ocean. We also had covered parking. Close to the highway for easy access on and off the freeway. The only negative to this was the beds were stiff and made for a rough night after walking all day, but other than that... I WOULD TOTALLY stay here again. As a matter of fact, we are planning an adults only trip with our best friends and want to stay here again!
4 night trip Mar 18, 2013
Alisha
"Absolutely Beautiful!"
We enjoyed our view of the ocean from our third floor room. The kitchen allowed us to save a great deal of money since we cooked there rather than buying every meal at restaurants. This suite was LARGE and beautiful. The tv was ok, but would have preferred a flat screen model. The staff was very friendly, yet professional. Pacifica is very convenient to SF yet it does not have the slightest feel of a 'city.'
6 night business trip Mar 7, 2013
Karla W.
"Pacifica hotel"
I didn't like that you could hear the cars passing by on the freeway. Breakfast was just cold cereal.
Other trip Mar 9, 2013
"Would Definitely Book This Hotel in Pacifica Again"
Great hotel for what our family needed. Stayed 6 nights, really only there to sleep and shower. We spent most of our time in San Francisco and out sight seeing. Only 4 hours from the Redwood Forest, 2 hours from Big Sur and 11/2 from Napa Valley. Safe neighborhood, friendly staff.
Other trip Feb 24, 2013
Best deal for your buck in this area.
1 night trip Feb 6, 2013
"Just ok"
Just ok. No hot water for tea in am. Really bad continental breakfast. Not a particular friendly staff.
2 night trip Jan 23, 2013
Inez
"Bare Bones"
No romance here. Looks over the freeway. No outdoor patio or garden or anything but parking. High glass protector cell at entry with bell to ring to get your key, and a gruff "take the elevator to the second floor" e.g. no hospitality and no customer service really. The 'breakfast included' should be rated at continental. There only a 100" bar with Danish & cold cerial/ milk and drinks, and only 3 tiny tiny bistro tables around the edge of the tiny entry room which is maybe 8 x 18' for the reception glass cell + the 'breakfast' area + pass through of all guests from the entry to the elevator. On the good side: Rooms are immaculately clean, they have both a fridge and microwave + the sheets on the bed are high quality. There are no sheers in the room, so once you open the curtains for light you are fully exposed, but if you only need a clean room, this place will suffice, albeit over priced.
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2012
Dee
"Stayed here twice, will stay again."
Overall, if you're looking for an affordable, no hassle place to stay, this is a good place. I like staying here when I travel to San Francisco as its close to the city, and located in the beautiful, laid-back city of Pacifica. It is only a few blocks from the ocean, as well. This is not a luxury hotel; if you require a lot of attention, want more upscale digs, or are looking for a classy, perks type of experience, this place will disappoint. But, if like me, you're more simple, just looking for a clean, easy place to stay, this place is perfect. A plus, as well, is that they do offer smoking rooms.
Other trip Nov 13, 2012
"Clean, near beach and major roads"
We arrived back at the hotel rather late and there wasn't any parking space left in the hotel lot so we had to park onstreet.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
Ellen
Nice small town feel. So close to ocean was great. Very small hotel good location. Beds need replaced. Maybe a/c unit too was a little loud. Great place to crash after a long day in SF.
Family trip Oct 1, 2012
Princess
"A little outdated"
The hotel seemed to be a little outdated but the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The free WIFI internet was basically non existent so was the free breakfast. Overall it was okay for an overnight stay.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2012
"Very nice place, but location is cold"
We actually only used the hotel to have a sleep and was traveling on the daytime. It is very nice and comfortable. Breakfast is very spartan, but who cares. Room was very big, everything worked well.
3 night trip Sep 14, 2012
Armen
"Bb Hotel"
The hotel clerk had to be buzzed every time you had a question. If you opened your window for fresh air, you heard a lot of Highway 1. The continental breakfast was very basic with only caffeinated coffee. The next time we stay in Pacifica, we will find a place close to the ocean.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2012
Terry
"Did have a nice beach at the end of the street"
Didnt have the 2 bed smoking room we booked and payed for in full prior to checking in.Once we got in a non smoking room,hair on toilet,stained up old towels,Nasty!Would not stay there again,price was way too much ,all you could hear was the traffic on Highway 1 all night.The beach at the end of the street was beautiful!! I think they should do a little updating and clean a little better ,would help.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2012