All hotels in Bloomington, Illinois, United States of America
1805 South Veterans Pkwy, Bloomington, IL, 61702, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Very nice for the price"
This was reserved on fairly short notice, and I was pretty satisfied. Finding the entrance is a bit of an adventure, since it's down a side street with no clear signs, and if you miss it, you have to go a long way to turn around. The actual room was nice, comfortable and with plenty of amenities. My one issue was the room location, directly across from the laundry/vending machine room. People were going in and out all night. If you stay here, don't be in room 126 if you can help it. All in all, highly recommended.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
Michael - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
1 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2014
Just a couple of small things. The remote control would not turn the tv on or off. Also one of the beds leaned. Other than than, a nice inexpensive place to stay.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I apologize for the issues you encountered with your television remote and leaning bed. I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to ensure these issues are resolved right away. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Gkshambo
"Good For an extended stay"
This place felt like an older but clean Motel 6 with more room, a simple kitchen, and a top quality bed. Not fancy, but what do you really need?
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
Hi Paul, Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that you found our hotel adequate to your needs and that you found our rooms clean and comfortable, and our amenities practical. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future!
7 night trip Mar 11, 2014
Paul S
"Tiny beds"
Not enough room for two parents and tall teenaged boys. The fact that they didn't even have rollaways, after I saw how small the beds were, was really disappointing. Also, paper thin walls. We could hear our neighbor snoring. And, the heat was cranked when we got to our room. It took hours to get it to a decent sleeping temp, but the air was bone dry. Would not recommend and won't be returning.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry that the bed sizes did not meet your expectations. As well, I apologize that you had issues with your heat and noise from neighboring guests. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
My boyfriend and I both enjoyed our stay. Everyone was so nice and courteous
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
Carol – Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I’m thrilled that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be nice and courteous during your visit. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
1 night trip with friends Mar 8, 2014
"Quiet place to stay"
I travel to Bloomington-Normal 3-4 times a year for business and always stay at this hotel. It's quiet, the rooms are clean, the staff is pleasant and the price is right.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
John - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great comments about your stay with us. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a quiet, clean stay at an affordable price. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our staff during your visit. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
I was very pleased. The halls were quiet at night. Bed was very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"perfect for quick trip"
I stayed at this hotel for a cheer competition. It was perfect. Nice, quiet, and easy access to main street.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
Kim - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your room and our hotel's location. We hope you had fun at the cheer competition and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 night trip Feb 6, 2014
I didn't realize there wasn't an oven in the kitchenette and we brought frozen pizza to make so that was a bummer, but overall everything was good and the price was great.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your room, especially the beds and kitchen. I do apologize that the kitchen did not offer an oven, but hope that you were able to enjoy this amenity regardless. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Good for the Price"
I like the kitchen in the room, that was a nice feature. Very isolated, but still close to everything in Bloomington.
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
"For $50, it was perfect"
Kitchen, which included sink, microwave, stove and fridge...all for a cheap price. No complaints, other than a loud heater.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
The counter in the kitchenette was cracked and lifting and there were no coffee filters for the in room coffee maker. The room was overall clean and comfortable. A decent value fior the money and close to family where our destination was.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
Linda E
Clean room. No amenities. Smells like smoke everywhere
1 night trip Oct 25, 2013
"Not many options of available hotels for the time."
OK..not many choices. Out of our way preferred to stay on the other side of town.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you would prefer more amenities in the rooms. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with satisfactory service and accommodations. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
LR
"Fine for the price"
It was ok.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that your stay with us was satisfactory. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Great value for the money"
Great value for the money. Clean, comfortable and has a full kitchen. Close to the mall, airport, campus and loads of restaurants
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
artete
The wi fi did not work. I called and it took forever to get it set up, but it was still impossibly slow. I could pay to upgrade, but I did not want to pay when I was promised to have free wi fi. I do not mind that they do not clean the room unless you stay for 8 days. However, guests have to go to the front desk to get shampoo and hair dryer, and they did not have any conditioner. The breakfast was pretty pathetic.
3 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"Nice "cheap" little hideaway!"
My wife fell in love with the surrounding shopping area! My favorite amenities... that wonderful kitchen with the full size frig and the range top!!! Will definitely stay again! The room needs some upgrades, bigger TV and better decor...
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Reggie
"Not so close to ISU"
The hotel was exactly as described. It was quiet, check-in was very fast, and the room was just fine. We only stayed one night and thought it would be closer to Illinois State U than it was; that was the only thing that was disappointing about it. I'm not sure where they measured to get the 3.7 mi distance, but it was more like 5-6 miles to get to the center of campus.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Brian H
"A LITTLE FARTHER THAN OTHER HOTELS"
VERY SATISFIED WITH MY STAY EXCELLENT SERVICE FRIENDLY STAFF ROOM WAS VERY CLEAN GOOD PRICE NOT MUCH TO THERE BREAKFAST THOU
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"The hotel was OK for what we needed."
Stayed one night while attending a wedding in town.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about out hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay met your needs for the wedding you attended in town. We hope you enjoyed the night out! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
"Great staff"
The morning of my checkout I went out to start my car and the battery was dead. I went to the front desk and the manager Margarite was working and she was able to get jumper cables from another guest and came out to jump my car. After a few minutes the car finally started and I was on my way. She was super helpful and friendly exactly when I needed it.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service you received at our hotel. We hope that you got to your destination without any further problems and we were glad to assist you with getting your vehicle started. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
mike
"Passable-But Not for Germophobes"
Staff was very helpful and polite; no complaints there. Good internet service, nice, full-size fridge and microwave, stove were all handy. But room had a mildewy odor, and the carpet was filthy. Bedding smelled damp, and blanket was torn and thread-bare. I really hate having to post a review like this, but as a former business road warrior, this establishment left a lot to be desired. Had there been accommodations available elsewhere, I would not have stayed here. This place needs updating, new carpeting and new linens.
3 night business trip Aug 18, 2013
Kate
"for the cost, service & accomodations: not good"
Room was clean but not great, coffee maker leaked when used and only 1 packet of coffee supplied. Good supply of bath towels and kitchen supplies overall. Staff made billing error, and came to my room at 10:30pm night before check out stating I had not paid for that day and needed to come down and pay for that "extra" night. I informed the staff person that I had paid until the next day, showed her my Expedia receipt from my iPad. She stated, "I'm only telling you what I've been told". I politely told her, she should return to whoever told her, and tell them they are incorrect and to review their records again. A week later I reviewed my credit card bill and found they had charged my card, without my authorization, for several nights! Thankfully, they did review their records and credited my card before I paid it. Very disorganized.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
"Overpriced for the experience!"
Overpriced for the condition and experience. The only reason we stayed here was because a friend already had a room there. Would not stay again - there are PLENTY of hundred dollar rooms out there in better condition with better amenities.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
AAA
"Left early on Extended Stay"
We were sorely disappointed by the lack of cleanliness in our room. The hotel was outdated, smelled musty and I laid awake all night after feeling something crawl over me. We left one night early without any form of compensation. Thoroughly grossed out and will never stay at any Extended Stay again.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2013
"Ok for one night"
Beds and bathroom were clean but carpet and chair could use a good cleaning. Overall not bad but if your used to a little nicer hotel you will be disappointed. Furniture is worn and rooms could use a little TLC.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
Jennifer - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so happy that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. Still, since we strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, I am disappointed to hear that you saw different items in your room were in need of repair. In response, our maintenance staff is working to making the necessary updates to ensure our rooms are in top-notch condition moving forward. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night business trip May 18, 2013
"Horrible employees"
When we walked in we were accused of breaking their door. The downstairs is painted nice, but once we got to floor two it was quite a bit shadier. It took 35 minutes to check in although we were the only ones there, and the person checking us in was rude. There was no bathroom available during the checkin process and we had just driven for 5 hours. I would definitely not recommend this experience to anyone. The room itself was fine.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am sorry that an employee accused you of breaking into the hotel. I can assure you, as this hotel's Manager, I know you did not and have spoken with this team member about their actions. As well, I apologize for the length of your check-in process. This has been addressed as well. Thank you for your comments about the lobby and your room. We hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again in the future.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
Thin Irata
"Good Value"
Good value for a very basic hotel. Clean. Full kitchen does not include an oven and very few kitchen items for cooking. Efficient staff.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable. It is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concern about our amenities. Our company is known for providing great rooms at great rates, without some of the fluff that you find at other hotels. I do regret that we were not able to communicate to you exactly what you could expect before you arrived. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
11 night business trip Apr 1, 2013
"OK place for overnight"
The place was old and in need of remodeling. It was clean.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2013
"Watch Out For The Noise Levels"
Great staff that are friendly and helpful. Could use an overhang in front for better loading/unloading of your car (especially in bad weather)? The room was okay but ours had the loudest bathroom fan and loudest toilet flushing I've ever heard. Definitely need to get that resolved.
Other trip Mar 5, 2013
J.P.
"First Impression"
I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel elevator or hallways when I arrived at the hotel. It looked like the elevator had not been swept or hallways had not been vacuumed in days. That caused me to inspect my room with intensity. I am already paranoid because i once worked in a hotel and know what the standards of clean are so for the first thing to see is a dirty elevator and hallway turned me off to extended stay. And when my TV repeatedly lost sound the front desk instructed me to unplug it and plug it back in and let them know what happened. Margarita was great!
2 night business trip Feb 28, 2013
Visitor
"Outdated, yet clean."
It was a nice clean room, however it was much smaller than it appeared. It was hard manuevering around the bathroom door and very tiny kitchen area. Pretty well outdated and there were absolutely no frills. For example, I would think they would at least leave some dish soap under the sink. You could get it at the front desk, but would be nice to have at least one packet handy already. The location was superb however for where I needed to be.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"What a major disappointment."
Room was dirty, furniture was dirty. The carpet just outside our door looked like someone was shot there. Didnt provide blowdryer or enough shampoo. The bathroom floor was extremely slippery. TV was little and remote worked only half the time. Gave one packet of coffee for 2 people for 2 days. Coffee maker said it was 4 cups. We got 2. Bed was like a block of cement.
Other trip Sep 11, 2012
Terri
"SUCK NEEDS A MAKEOVER"
THIS PLACE IS A DUMP! THEY LOBBY LOOKS ALL NICE RIGHT WHEN YOU COME IN BUT ONCE YOU GET OFF THE ELIVATOR ITS LIKE YOU WALKED INTO A DIFF HOTEL. THE HALLWAY CARPET HAD SPOTS ALL OVER AND IT WAS SO SICK I HAD TO CARRY MY STUFF B/C I DIDNT WANT MY BAGS TO TOUCH THAT SICK CARPET. ROOMS ARE OUTDATED AND ARE NOT LIKE WHAT THEY SHOW IN THE PICS. THE TV WAS THE SMALLEST THING IVE EVER SEEN AND IT WAS ABOUT 15 YEARS OLD. NO FLAT SCREEN LIKE SHOWN. THE SHEETS HAD SOMETHING YELLOW ALL OVER THEM AND HAD TO GO DOWN AND GET NEW ONES. LOOKED ALMOST LIKE SOMEONE WENT TO THE BATHROOM IN THE BED AND THEN THEY JUST LEFT IT. ALL TOGETHER I WOULD PAY MORE TO SAY AT A CLEAN HOTEL AND NOT A DUMP LIKE THIS ONE!
2 night trip Aug 31, 2012
MI GUY

"good"
Place was fine. Nothing particularly stood out as either good or bad. Clean, easy to get to.
Response by Extended Stay America Bloomington - Normal
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our hotel was to your satisfaction. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015