All hotels in Reno, Nevada, United States of America

Uncomfortable
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
    Bad amenities
Was a "passing through town" stay....very short. Would have liked to have had more time to explore Reno but.... Hotel was adequate...nothing special. Facilities are dated and it shows.
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2015
william
"Not A Casino!"
Although the Hotel is in excellent condition with modern decor, I was very disappointed to find that this is no longer a Casino. Had I known that important bit of information before I booked, I would not have stayed here. Casino in the name leads me to believe it is a Casino. False Advertisement. I no longer had the luxury of leaving my room at anytime to play a few slots. Thank God the bar was still there and the bartender was nice enough to give me 2 for 1 drink coupons. He saved the day!
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
"My birthday weekend"
It was nice I enjoyed myself
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Regina K
"Surprise?"
i booked the hotel as i have been to Reno before and knew that they were also a casino. I received no information that the casino had closed and would not have paid the high Saturday night rate had I been made aware. Room was ok, nothing great.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
"Meh."
Friendly staff, nice lobby, easy parking.... ends there. Room was in poor condition (scratched up door, broken lamp, broken mirror in bathroom). Stains in hallway carpets. All the construction made enjoying the surrounding area less than desirable.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2015
Jeffrey
Very nice place
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Petro
"New Siena"
We stayed here for a friends wedding. The hotel has re-opened after a remodel and looks very nice inside. The parking lot needs some attention but the lobby and first floor area were clean. The hotel no longer offers gaming of any kind, so if you are going to gamble, do not stay here. The hotel is also "smoke free" and advertises itself as a "boutique" hotel.
3 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2015
"Bad Vibe ..."
This hotels website is vastly different than what you get in "real time". Checked in on a Friday night & they had no valet service - not even a single bell hop to assist you with your luggage or open your car door! Just two of us girls, so one of us had to stay with luggage in check in line & the other had to park car in hotel lot at 9:00 at night. Not a single security guard with signs posted saying we are not responsible for break-in's - scary! Lobby seems like has awkward layout & aesthetic doesn't compliment hotel rooms. Bathrooms very dated with cheap fixtures & dirty sinks. I would stay just about anywhere but here - waste of $$$!
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
"RMM"
I greatly enjoyed it.
3 night family trip Oct 1, 2015
Rose M
"Nice hotel close to downtown."
This hotel looks better online. When we got there the desk clerk upgraded our room to what she called a better view. When we got to the room we had to leave right away to attend an event. When we got back to the room we opened the window only to discover our upgraded room with a better view consisted of homeless people and construction. We booked a room with a jaquzzi but didn't get that either. No where online did it say the Casino and the spa was no longer available. When we finally got to use the pool it was so dirty. The bar was closed after 8. Overall we were very disappointed and regret not booking at a different place.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
raul
"Change to Hotel with no notice"
I will Never spend another hard earned dollar at this Hotel!
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Very Unhappy
"awesome"
This day was nice it was very quiet and restful and also gave us time to have fun so it was really nice hotel
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Terry
"Siena Very Nice"
I booked my stay in Reno way in advance of the Street Vibrations Motorcycle Rally. The day before leaving I went on line to get travel instructions and ended up on a Yelp Review. Most reviews were negative. The parking lot was full of Homeless Bums, the hotel was noisy, The rooms were dirty with bed bugs, On and on about how terrible the hotel was. When we arrived I found none of the complaints were true. The hotel was very nice and the staff was excellent. Our room was clean and comfortable. I would suggest the reviews should be taken lightly
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"sienna review"
The only disappointment was I asked for a river view & was not told on the phone that the river had construction going on & hardly had any water in it so all we had was a view of the traffic
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
marlene
Had an awesome time.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
matt
The hotel was nice, in general. I wish there had been more than the one entrance option. The neighborhood is ok because it's just on the edge of the downtown area with all of the casinos. It's right along the river so there can be some questionable characters. The room and the hotel were clean and spacious. Our room was great sized, comfortable, and bright. I enjoyed the stay.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Krista
loved it
2 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
Fred
"Close to downtown"
Place has a "deserted" feel to it. Most of the entrance/exits are locked due to there not being a Casino anymore. Only two ways to exit 1 through the parking lot. If you're just looking for someplace to spend the night it's OK but for nightlife you'll have to go downtown there is nothing exciting in there at all except Johnny rockets restaurant
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Nice hotel but not advertised correctly"
Our stay was good but the hotel did not exactly have the amenities you would expect in a four star hotel. The casinos have been closed down and that floor of the hotel has been shut down. The breakfast bar was understocked and not prepared for many guests. The rooms weren't bad but I was disappointed in the lack of amenities advertised.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Gordon Ramsey would eat you alive"
Arrived at what looked like a really nice hotel from the pictures posted here on Hotel.com. When my family and I walked into the room we found stains all over the floor and a clear nose strip stuck to the bathroom counter. I tried to overlook it but after about an hour or so I went down at showed the front desk pictures of the room. They were nice enough to show me a couple other room that they could move us into. The first had stains on the rug too. The second had that freshly shampooed crunchy rug feel, but no stains and the temperature unit in the room didn't make a rattling sound. We took that room. Left for the Balloon Races at 3am and when we got back to the room during daylight hour say all the dust in the room the room service had forgotten ... But it was 100% better than the first couple rooms. Beside having to walk around the building to get to Johnny Rockets and the crazy room situation ... Not too much else to say. You know?
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Louis
"Beware---under construction with limited amenities"
Use caution before booking here. My friend and I were disappointed in our stay. Apparently the property has been sold and will become a Renaissance in 12-18 months.It would have been nice to know that! There was minimal staffing, no valet service, the bar selection was pitiful, although the bartender was charming, which almost made up for it. The only room service offered is from Johnny Rockets. The A/C in our room was so noisy it woke us every time it cycled on so we asked to be moved (we did appreciate the upgrade). The safe in the new room was inoperable so we had to carry our valuables with us for 3 days while waiting for a repair that never happened.
4 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
Cecilia
"Extremely Unhappy"
Sienna sold to Marriott so there was no casino anymore.There was no access to the restaurant from inside the bldg. Construction going on in the hotel and on the corner. Tiles coming off of Jacuzzi which was super foamy. I didn't see the extra stair and slipped injured my leg pretty bad. Really upset about that stay. It was our 31st wedding anniversary. Also hotel offered no compensations or credits.
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
KELLY
There was a major issue... they were under FULL CONSTRUCTION!! The casino was closed. The one open bar was only open until 9 PM!!! in Reno!! They had to run an extention cord into our room to run the jaccusi tub?!? because the electrical was out on an entire side of the building??? Entry doors were locked and we had to wall all the way around until we found one open??? We had NO idea the was reconstrction going on when we booked our suite... Bumber!
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"JUST CLOSE IT ALREADY!"
This place is terrible. In the process of changing ownership and everything is closed. No restaurant, no valet, no bar, no casino, no spa. A hotel in Reno without a bar? The staff is trying but you can tell they are very overworked without enough resources. All exterior doors except for the lobby are locked at night so you are forced to walk around the dark exterior in a bad neighborhood. Parking lot has caution tape dividing it with no logical reason or layout. Just need to shut it down and open again once it is re-branded. Expedia needs to do a better job representing what this hotel actual is.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
They were down to a minimal staff. The casino was being renovated or something. In any case there wasn't any casino and the hotel is a bit far from downtown with a lot of vagrants loitering around the area. Not recommended. Not worth the money, not even half the money I paid
Pradeep
"Room wasn't what it was represented to be"
In searching out my options for accommodations while attending the Reno Air Races, three details made me choose the Sienna over last year's choice; a river view, free wireless internet, and two queen beds with the option of an additional portable bed for a third guest. None of these details were fulfilled...The room looked out over the parking lot, I managed to get a wireless connection once and even that was horribly slow, and we were not allowed the extra portable bed because of Fire Marshall concerns. Had I know none of the selling points would actually be available, i would have saved a little money and book where I stayed last year. I'm not impressed and I wont be back.
Greg
"Nice hotel that is close to downtown!"
The hotel and room was nice. I also liked the fact that they accepted pets: however, there is no casino, restaurant, or club in which was advertised. However, the concierge was extremely helpful and nice. Overall, I enjoyed this hotel, but I would have liked to have spent less on the room because the first night I spent $180, but at least the second night was cheaper in which was $80.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"If you like overpriced hotels, look no further."
I read reviews about this hotel and didn't believe they could be true. Overpriced hotel? Check. Room right next to the loud elevator running all night long? Check (Room 403 FYI). No robes? Check. Restaurant and bar that closes at 9pm on a Saturday night? Check. Rude front desk staff when checking out? Check. I am NOT one that gets upset at trivial things. Did I call to complain about the loud elevators that our wall shared? No. I was paying a hotels.com rate that - i thought - was less than the "value" of the room so I knew we wouldn't get the cream of the crop service. WAY too much for this kind of room. Unless you like overpaying, take your money elsewhere or wait until they are done renovating. Although then I'm sure they'll raise their rates even more.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Disappointing"
I was disappointed in my stay at the Siena, as I read it was a four star hotel. I would say it is 2-3 stars. I was traveling from out of state and did not know that the Casino portion had closed. The owner has sold the hotel to a group that is going to convert it into a Marriott. The hotel is in a so-so part of Reno, and there is a lot of construction downtown by the hotel. The Casino portion and parking lot are under renovation. The Internet did not work. The room was spacious but bland. There were no incidentals in the room, they were located in the hotel lobby. There is no restaurant in the hotel, just a bar, and it opens at 5:00 pm. They did have a complimentary wine service which was nice, and the bartender was great. If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel and arrive late at night and are moving on in the next morning it is OK, but if you are a business traveler I would not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"clean room, but.."
Heater was not working..
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
"The casino has shut down!"
There is no casino. It has shut down. Neighborhood is very sketchy. Not comfortable walking to other open casinos.
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
First, The room was small and was facing a wall, when on the reservation it stated a mountain view. My sheets were dirty and the hotel staff did nothing to correct the problem. it was very difficult for my friend to get around in her wheel chair and a lot of the building was blocked off.
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
Kimberly
"Fun Weekend"
Fun stay. Did not use the room much. Biggest complaint is that the shower and tub nozels did not work well and the bathroom exhaust fan didnt seem to function. The safe is mounted up high so be sure not to miss anything you left in it.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2015
Benjamin
Hotel was nice, but the bed and pillows were not great. The casino was being remodeled so it was closed at the time, it actually made for a quiet reprieve. Went to Harrah's to gamble instead. Made a visit to the bar and the service was good and friendly. Overall, it was a nice stay, but had a sore neck from the mediocre bed situation.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Bernadette
"Nicr hotel by the strip"
Nice rooms, didn't have a extra blanket call if you need one. Beds comfortable. Some blemishes in room but clean. Pool and hot tub nice, pool as black paint floating in it from worn out tiles. Taylor gave us shuttle ride to stadium to watch the Wolfpack and picked us up. No casino they are bought out from Marriott. Kinda pricey on weekend but nice. :) nice robes.
Shannon
"At the start of new ownership...."
The hotel has been purchased by Marriott, so at the end of June the casino was closed. The hotel is newer built, so the lobby was beautiful as was lounge. The spa as not open while we were there, and the pool is a bit small. The room ceilings are high, but it makes the room feel narrow. They should have built out 1-2 more feet to get the width and make it feel more spacious. I prefer more room to walk around than worry about the height of the ceiling. The bed was standard. Nothing to write home about, and the bathroom had a nice granite, but the fixtures were white. Not what I expected from a hotel that was trying to look like a boutique hotel. The water had no pressure. It took quite awhile to rinse the shampoo from my hair. When turning on the sink, the shower went cold. Karl at the lounge was fantastic. He made drinks that were just what I liked, cold and refreshing since it was so humid. Cannot say enough good things about him. We needed a room for 1 night, and near where friends were staying so this is where we ended up and was acceptable for 1 night. Not somewhere I would choose again if we were going for a longer period of time.
"Has gone downhill"
I enjoyed my stay last year but this year I was disappointed that the casino is gone. Also, they put us in a room right next to the elevator and we could hear it going up and down all night. Bring earplugs or request a quiet room.
"Horrible"
This place is gross. Fits right into its neighborhood.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Short but pleasant stay"
Staff including limo drivers were very friendly & accommodating. I recommend also the adjacent restaurant "Johnny Rockets". Had two good meals there!
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2015
"Nice Hotel next to Reno strip"
Booking this place i thought it was going to be a run down motel due to the reviews on yelp. Walking in for check in, i thought to myself, wow! never judge a book by its cover. This hotel is in the middle of new ownership and is getting fixed up. We went to Reno for the Rib Cook Off and they had a complimentary shuttle there and back. And anywhere else we wanted to go. That there. sold me. Saved me money on a taxi, PLUS Uber and Lytf did not exist. Johnny Rockets was the only restaurant they had in the hotel but they also had room service. The smell of bacon coming through the window...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Overall, I recommend this place!! The Staff is amazing!! Tile is cracking in the pool and hot tub but, they are going to renovate the whole thing. (Oh! Did i mention its on the roof)(i mentioned it to the staff)
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
Thina
"Fair hotel"
This hotel is not worth for pricing. A little disappointed.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2015
GLLES
"stay away unless you like over paying for a dirty"
The room was small.. Floor was dirty and they gave us the room ..(702) right by the elevators we could hear them all night long .. I guess not the elevetors but the counter weights. A loud banging up and down .. My parents had then same problem in room 302.. Had a good time with family when not at hotel.. Would never stay again.. Btw charged me a resort fee of 9$ a day.. In no way was this place a resort .. No casino or spa... Just a dirty loud motel... Should have read yelp reviews before booking room..
3 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
isaac
"Check back later..."
The Siena is undergoing a transition between owners. We will probably stay there again - after it is complete.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Jenifer
No where to eat on a Saturday night. Everything closed early.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2015
Anthony
"not impressed"
The room was not comfortable. The air conditioner sounded like a freight train. I had to turn it off and when I did I could not sleep.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2015
Solomon
"Too Small"
The king size room , I stayed i was very small. too small for then$. If your i n the restroom on toilet you cannot have anyone to open door without bumping your head. the room was very small for the $. not worth the $
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"Our new favorite spot in downtown!"
Karl was very nice at the bar and even got us tickets to a comedy show! The Siena is our new place to stay from now on. We had a fridge in room, the beds were so comfy, and they even provided robes. Wed had to stay at GSR the second night because of a concert we were going to and they didn't even come close anymore to the quality and service that Siena provided. Walking distance to so many great restaurants, the river, and the updated midtown. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again!
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Not as nice as photos implied"
We overheard that they were remodeling the hotel while we stayed. There were no games/gambling areas. No spa. To get to the Johnny Rockets Restaurant we had to go outside and walk all the way around the building. The photos showed the hotel being very nice, which it was nice, just not as nice as the photos or descriptions implied.
YowMomma
"Decent hotel"
Good hotel. Bed was not comfortable. Clean room. furniture was starting to break down. Bathroom was really dated. Quiet at night. Loved that it did not smell like smoke when you walked into the hotel.
karen
"Hotel ok; Casino is CLOSED!"
Unfortunately we were not aware that the casino and restaurants at this location were closed. The hotel itself is lovely; however, King (upgraded) room was very small and the air conditioning was inadequate and noisy. Must walk two blocks to restaurants and casinos and Virginia Street bridge is currently under construction which further obstructs walking routs.
Candis