All hotels in Reno, Nevada, United States of America
1 S Lake StRenoNV89501United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Quite clean
    Room is not nice
    Bad amenities
"Pioneer Center Next Door!!"
Went to a concert in the Pioneer Center and it's right next door, couldn't be more convenient. River area development is beautiful. Lots of restaurants, bars and movies close by. Very happy that the hotel is non-smoking and casino free.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
Rod
"LISTEN TO ALL THE REVIEWS. HORRIBLE HOTEL."
The most horrible hotel I have EVER stayed at. My fiancee and I headed over to Reno for gambling and fun and decided to go on Hotels and find the top rated, most romantic, clean and high rated hotel suite. Since it was the weekend of thanksgiving holiday, there were many that weren't available. We decided on staying at the Sienna Hotel due to it being SO HIGHLY RATED. WRONGGGG!Please don't ever stay here. FALSE ADVERTISEMENTS. HOTEL IS DIRTY, CHEAP LOOKING, NO CABLE, NO DINNING AREA, CASINO THEY CLAIMED TO HAVE WAS CLOSED, THEY WERE RUDE AND I NEVER GOT MY DEPOSIT BACK. Not to mention the awful customer service and the area was full of people that looked like they were on drugs., THE WORST DECISION I EVER MADE I SHOULD HAVE READ THE REVIEWS. DON'T STAY HERE. Sincerely, VERY VERY VERY displeased customer who will never stay here again.
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Yolanda
"Business Trip with the Wife"
My wife came with me for a business trip and we made it a couple's getaway. The hotel was clean and the staff were polite and friendly. The hotel only recently removed the casino part, so it was kind of in a funk and there was nothing to do at the hotel. But it was close to downtown Reno for a short walk dinner and gaming at the other casino hotels. The bartender, Clay, was super friendly and helpful during our stay, just wish there was more entertainment in the hotel itself.
2 night business trip Nov 13, 2015
"Change of pace"
We were not at all interested in staying in downtown Reno and were surprised to wind up there. However, this facility was very enjoyable and a change of pace from the "cha Ching" offerings in the downtown area. We would go back.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Dudley
"over priced for its features"
HOTEL is clean and comfortable for stay. But when you think of amenities , its not so great. No casino now, no breakfast and its little overly priced. Even though we booked few rooms together none of the rooms are next to each other. Even other features like Oven is not in room. Bathroom kits are not so great.
1 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2015
"Avg hotel"
Hotel staff was nice, lobby was very nice rooms were old and needed update, carpets were very dirty, Hotel allows pets in some rooms so there was dogs barking all night.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
Timothy
"Nice hotel but unfriendly staff"
I was surprised that hotels.com didn't suggest that the casino was no longer associated with this hotel. Additionally, I found the staff to be very sterile and unfriendly. When inquiring about the casino, I got a very unsatisfying answer.
3 night business trip Nov 19, 2015
"Hotel in transition"
The hotel is in the middle of a transition to new ownership and the entire operation is on auto pilot. There is nothing special about the facility and most, if not all of the amenities are "on hold" through the transition. The Reno downtown is a toilet. I would recommend driving an hour up to Incline Village and staying there at Tahoe.
Other trip Nov 24, 2015
"uninteresting,bare minimum"
Given a handicapped room- did not request. Lamp did not work, even after two trips of hotel staff to fix it. View was so bad, windows were glazed to 5 foot level, and the make up mirror light did not work either. The lobby is sparsely furnished and uninteresting. The coffee bar closes at noon and there is no other restaurant on site. Price was not that inexpensive, and could have had at least four star amenities and facilities in other facilities.
Other trip Nov 21, 2015
moCarol
Booked online and identified that we had a pet Upon checking in was told there was a $50 no refundable deposit for pets.
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2015
Keith
We had a lovely big room. All of the staff was very friendly and welcoming. Because this hotel does not have a casino the vibe is very quite.
2 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
Alisa
"Nice view and comfortable room."
Great place to stay especially if you are going to see a show at the Pioneer Theater. A little confusing when checking in. No real signs as to where the registration desk was. However, the hotel is going through a transition of ownership so change is difficult. However, really nice to stay in a place without a casino, just wish they had a nice restaurant.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"Totally not impressed"
Rooms are old and dated, but clean. No casino or restaurant. Just a hotel. Can get a lot more for the same money at another hotel. Mountain view is actually "Homeless View", since right across the river there were several homeless people camping out doing what homeless people have to do, defacate in public in full view of any room on that side of the hotel.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
"This stay was just not real enjoyable for us."
Not very impressed with this hotel. It was clean. Rooms are very small, and furniture is very dated. Mountain view is a stretch. More like "Homeless man" view, as we could not look out our window and see the homeless man that was there 24 hours a day at the building across the river. This trip was supposed to be a birthday get away, but it was hard to enjoy with a constant reminder of those less fortunate staring us in the face every time we looked out the windows at those mountains that were supposed to be the view but weren't. There is also no casino at this hotel, so if your looking for a hotel without a casino, this is it. If you want to gamble, you have to walk a couple blocks to Harrah's...walking by the homeless dude. There is also no restaurant in this hotel...just a bar and coffee shop. For the same money we could have gotten a lot more in Reno.
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
"average"
Overall a good stay, but the hotel is in the midst of transforming to non-smoking and non-gaming property. I expect this will be a nice hotel once Marriott takes over, but at present it is average.
2 night family trip Nov 3, 2015
Jeffrey
"nice hotel close to downtown"
Manager Justine was awesome and put us in great rooms!!!
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
"Wait until they get things together!!"
Neither Expedia nor the Hotel notified us that they lost their gambling license and no longer have a casino. My understanding is that it is a "turnover" to a new owner. But still... should have been notified. Also, there are no services to speak of (room service, valet, etc.) Parking, although free, is open to the public. The old "valet parking lot" is the new "guest parking lot" for guests of the hotel. They give you a pass to place on dash board so you don't get towed. Problem is... the "hotel guest parking lot" is further away than the "free for everybody" parking lot. That doesn't make sense. Front Desk. Although the people seem nice...they are sorely under-staffed. Finally, check out is 11:00 am. For a place without services and without a casino... seems they could give you a more manageable noon check-out. We called the front desk to see if we could get a slight delay to noon (since the room does not have a "check-out time" notice; we had no idea we had to leave at 11:00). They told us they couldn't accommodate a late check-out because they didn't have the "late check-out housekeeping staff to work it" even though it was just an hour...AND... there was no housekeeping staff in sight. Normally, you would see themin the halls cleaning other rooms. Mind you...this was a Sunday check-out This hotel, although pretty...falls way short of services. I'd wait until they compete the turnover; Good luck
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
Jayne
"I'd stay here again"
The location perfect! I liked the fact that there was no casino in the hotel. They were close enough to walk to if we had wanted to go to one. Resturants were nearby, easy walking access to the river. Once we parked we didn't need to drive again! We would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
Jodie
"Reno Weekend"
The surrounding area was pretty bad. There's a "lodge" across the street with broken windows. But the hotel looks recently renovated and I would stay there again.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Donald
"River Walk"
Hotel will be very nice once it is completely reopened. Riverwalk project will be awesome once it's completed.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
Donald
"Next to the Creek"
This is an older building that has seen much better days. I was given a free room upgrade, and am actually terrified by the idea of what I could have had. Parking is OK, and the lobby is OK. The staff is friendly. The individual room floors are very worn and dirty. Grime has sunk into everything, making you want to wash your hands just by walking in the corridor. The room was full of stains, smells, and grime. If I hadn't prepaid and had the time, I would have immediately left and found other accommodations. I think the homeless guy sleeping just off the hotel's grounds had a cleaner environment than I had. Nothing was like the pictures on the site. They were probably all more than 15 years old. I don't know if there was a spa, but would be afraid. No food in the hotel and a short walk to food was actually four blocks through construction zones, abandoned buildings and colorful street people.
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
"kinda disappointed"
My second stay at Siena - was disappointed that the casino had been shut down and it seemed like only a skeleton crew had been left behind to run the hotel. It was explained to me that the hotel had recently sold and would soon be a Marriott - no mention of any of this when I booked. My advise would be to wait to book this hotel until the transition is complete and Marriott hangs his sign out front.......
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
"Needs some updating"
The wifi is very slow. The room cleanup occurs at irregular times. One day at 3 o'clock we had to request that the room be made up.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
vic
"Reno"
Great room, Staff were very good. Nice an quiet. Walking distance to major casinos. View of the Truckee River (River was very low, looked like a creek) There were a few problems No Casino in Hotel (did not know this when booking). No info. in room to let us know what the hotel offered. One of our lamps in the room near the bed did not work. Offered free champagne/orange juice for an hour on Saturday-(no one was in the lounge when we arrived, the server ran out of champagne twice and spent at least 20 min. of the hour looking for more). Fourth floor pool and hot tub were nice, but small tile pieces of the hot tub were flaking off.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
T
"nightmare on Lake Street"
The pics on the website were very misleading. Only one entrance to the hotel on a crack head corner which kept us from going out at night. I was very nervous parking my car in the parking lot. The "view" out my window was the air conditioning units for the hotel. The room was very outdated and over priced.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
Shannon & Judy
I was very disappointed in the friendliness of the staff. When we checked in the lady was so unfriendly that if I could have canceled, I would have. But during our 48 hours there, at no time did any staff go out of their way to say a simple hello.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"A great place to stay"
What an awesome hotel. I come to Reno on business several times a year and usually stay in a casino. The rates at my normal place were ridiculous, so I searched for cheaper rates somewhere else. The rates at the Siena were so low that I wasn't expecting much, and boy was I pleasantly surprised. Awesome location right on the Truckee River. Restaurants and casinos close by. Amazingly friendly staff. Plenty of parking. I felt like I was in a $250/night hotel!!
6 night business trip Oct 11, 2015
Gregory
"Wait for renovation to be complete!"
Hotel is under major renovation so no restaurants, no casino. Just one bar which was very nice but very empty. Spa was closed. There was a Johnny Rockets hamburger place attached to hotel. When I pulled in parking lot I lsaw a slum like apartment building overlooking the lot with shady looking guys on balconies drinking. Not a good initial experience. Staff was very nice. Room was okay. Very small. Couldn't maneuver in bathroom without closing door first. No room. No real closer just a place to hang clothes. I was there for business but there were some propel there who were extremely disappointed because they expected a casino and resort experience. would wait into the renovation is complete before staying here. I think it could be very nice.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
Very small room for the price
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
We were upset that the casino is now gone and the spa, gift shop and steak house were closed. The sports bar was only open from 5 pm to 9 pm and that was the reason we stayed there. We could have stayed at a less expensive place as we only used the facility to sleep. We had to go elsewhere to enjoy ourselves, and we just wanted to hang out gamble, have a nice dinner, a few drinks and listen to music like we have there in the past without going someplace else. Other people were upset as well as I was checking in they had the same concerns and complaints that they were not informed. I feel we should have been informed of the change of ownership and what was available to us.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Marilyn
"I will stay here again"
I liked no casino no smoking. I spent most of the weekend resting and was able to do so. Street noise is non existent. Good view of river although there is a drought right now. Certainly not the hotel's fault.
4 night romance trip Oct 8, 2015
"Hotel was not as advertised on Expedia site"
Overall hotel has some very nice features however was disappointed due to Expedia site stating the hotel had both a "casino" and "restaurant". Turns out the casino has been closed for awhile and is not slated to reopen. Restaurant is a diner, not a restaurant and is inaccessible from inside the hotel, you have to go outside and walk around the block which the location does not really feel safe enough to do if you are a female alone after dark. Hotel front desk staff was not overly friendly. Bartender is nice and young ladies working the morning coffee business were too. No hotel directory provided in the rooms so to find out where the pool and other amenities are located you have to call the front desk and ask (since it is not explained @ check in). Room was fairly clean however vacuuming was not done under chairs, etc. Air conditioner had horrible vibration due to screws missing out of bottom. Bathroom sink had an ugly crack in it. Pool and spa area are great! Overpriced for the overall experience.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Candy
Was a "passing through town" stay....very short. Would have liked to have had more time to explore Reno but.... Hotel was adequate...nothing special. Facilities are dated and it shows.
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2015
william
"Not A Casino!"
Although the Hotel is in excellent condition with modern decor, I was very disappointed to find that this is no longer a Casino. Had I known that important bit of information before I booked, I would not have stayed here. Casino in the name leads me to believe it is a Casino. False Advertisement. I no longer had the luxury of leaving my room at anytime to play a few slots. Thank God the bar was still there and the bartender was nice enough to give me 2 for 1 drink coupons. He saved the day!
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
"My birthday weekend"
It was nice I enjoyed myself
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Regina K
"Surprise?"
i booked the hotel as i have been to Reno before and knew that they were also a casino. I received no information that the casino had closed and would not have paid the high Saturday night rate had I been made aware. Room was ok, nothing great.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
"Meh."
Friendly staff, nice lobby, easy parking.... ends there. Room was in poor condition (scratched up door, broken lamp, broken mirror in bathroom). Stains in hallway carpets. All the construction made enjoying the surrounding area less than desirable.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2015
Jeffrey
Very nice place
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Petro
"New Siena"
We stayed here for a friends wedding. The hotel has re-opened after a remodel and looks very nice inside. The parking lot needs some attention but the lobby and first floor area were clean. The hotel no longer offers gaming of any kind, so if you are going to gamble, do not stay here. The hotel is also "smoke free" and advertises itself as a "boutique" hotel.
3 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2015
"Bad Vibe ..."
This hotels website is vastly different than what you get in "real time". Checked in on a Friday night & they had no valet service - not even a single bell hop to assist you with your luggage or open your car door! Just two of us girls, so one of us had to stay with luggage in check in line & the other had to park car in hotel lot at 9:00 at night. Not a single security guard with signs posted saying we are not responsible for break-in's - scary! Lobby seems like has awkward layout & aesthetic doesn't compliment hotel rooms. Bathrooms very dated with cheap fixtures & dirty sinks. I would stay just about anywhere but here - waste of $$$!
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
"RMM"
I greatly enjoyed it.
3 night family trip Oct 1, 2015
Rose M
"Nice hotel close to downtown."
This hotel looks better online. When we got there the desk clerk upgraded our room to what she called a better view. When we got to the room we had to leave right away to attend an event. When we got back to the room we opened the window only to discover our upgraded room with a better view consisted of homeless people and construction. We booked a room with a jaquzzi but didn't get that either. No where online did it say the Casino and the spa was no longer available. When we finally got to use the pool it was so dirty. The bar was closed after 8. Overall we were very disappointed and regret not booking at a different place.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
raul
"Change to Hotel with no notice"
I will Never spend another hard earned dollar at this Hotel!
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Very Unhappy
"awesome"
This day was nice it was very quiet and restful and also gave us time to have fun so it was really nice hotel
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Terry
"Siena Very Nice"
I booked my stay in Reno way in advance of the Street Vibrations Motorcycle Rally. The day before leaving I went on line to get travel instructions and ended up on a Yelp Review. Most reviews were negative. The parking lot was full of Homeless Bums, the hotel was noisy, The rooms were dirty with bed bugs, On and on about how terrible the hotel was. When we arrived I found none of the complaints were true. The hotel was very nice and the staff was excellent. Our room was clean and comfortable. I would suggest the reviews should be taken lightly
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"sienna review"
The only disappointment was I asked for a river view & was not told on the phone that the river had construction going on & hardly had any water in it so all we had was a view of the traffic
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
marlene
Had an awesome time.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
matt
The hotel was nice, in general. I wish there had been more than the one entrance option. The neighborhood is ok because it's just on the edge of the downtown area with all of the casinos. It's right along the river so there can be some questionable characters. The room and the hotel were clean and spacious. Our room was great sized, comfortable, and bright. I enjoyed the stay.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Krista
loved it
2 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
Fred
"Close to downtown"
Place has a "deserted" feel to it. Most of the entrance/exits are locked due to there not being a Casino anymore. Only two ways to exit 1 through the parking lot. If you're just looking for someplace to spend the night it's OK but for nightlife you'll have to go downtown there is nothing exciting in there at all except Johnny rockets restaurant
Other trip Sep 28, 2015