All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX, 77551, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

2.9
"Details not so much"
It was great except for the two and a half hour late check in , a very sloppy made up bed, 3/4" long bugs in the bed, water dripping out of the bagged off smoke alarm , electrical socket next to the bed laying out of it's box , toilet leaking, and the elevator was out on our end of the building and had to walk to the other end of the building to use one or use the stairs which was what we and other did . Also not so sure that booking in advance was the better.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Raymond
"Outstanding Service"
We were not real impressed with the hotel as it is old and could use a really good cleaning. In our room around bottom of the tub is black and gross just from years of being there. The employees and service were wonderful. Toby was amazing at check in. Ron help us get all of our bags and coolers to the room and even again at check out. Kira, Shantel and Rodney were also very helpful with towels, cups and anything else we needed. Not so impressed with the hotel but the service definitly made up for it.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Glenna
"Not worth the money"
Last minute trip to the beach with my sister and her dog. Room wasn't ready until 5pm. Rooms need updating, musty smell. Pool was nice. Breakfast was non existent. No fruit, yogurt or even a waffle maker!
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Bethann
"Good night."
I go to the island quite a bit just for overnight.I was pleased with this hotel.Remember you get what you pay for.Service was wonderful Everyone very friendly.Room was comfortable.Elevator was slow.I will stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Nice Hotel, Reasonably Priced"
Nice hotel with a very reasonable rate compared to any other hotel on the sea wall. Try to get a room on the second floor if you can. There is only one elevator and if the hotel is sold out it can cause a long wait. They have a free continental breakfast which not a lot of hotels on the sea wall offer. The staff is very nice and accommodating. Talk to Toby if you need anything. He will make sure you're taken care of.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Not worth the money"
Room had cat feces in corner, towels were worn and dingy, ac leaked into hallway. We certainly won't stay here again, especially for two hundred plus a night!
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Roberto
"Loved and enjoyed our stay!"
The reason why we went to Galveston was because our dog turned 1 and going to the beach would be fun. The Front desk staff were all very courteous and friendly. We would definitely love to go back.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
Rocela
"Nice stay at the Red Roof Galveston!"
I enjoyed my stay very much! The only detractor was that my room was near the ice machine so it was a little noisier than I would have liked..
2 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Debi
Needs updating and new furniture
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
SAM
"Beach stay"
It was nice older room but clean
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
denise
"Worst stay ever"
This was the worst hotel stay I've ever had. If it were stars it would get less than a half star! I booked three rooms and only got two when check in time came around. We finally got the third room hours later. All three rooms were non smoking and all three rooms smelled like smoke. The sheets and comforters had cigarette burns in them. One of the rooms had feces on the bathroom wall! Two of the three rooms had a good working a/c. One of them didn't work well and we sweat all night. We watched the room attendants smoke and drink while they cleaned the rooms during the morning. Overall it was awful! I will never stay there again. No one I know will stay there either!
3 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Good enought..."
Comfortable for that type of hotel, too crowded
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Esther
"A Do Not Repeat"
Hotel conditions were poor. Qualiy of service standard. I viewed employees around the hotel loitering,unhappy uninterested in
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Yolanda
"My stay at Red Roof Inn in Galveston Texas"
It was OK but the to be some improvements maybe all the elevators being fixed and maybe a better breakfast served. More towels in room would be nice too.
2 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
DONALD
"Last minute meeting"
We were in town for just one night to meet with our wedding planner. The hotel is pet friendly, which was a non-negotiable for us. The room was clean, although the bathroom and sink areas were very worn and in a bit of disrepair. Staff was friendly, and the location is right in the middle of restaurants, directly across from the beach. Overall decent stay.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Ashley
Stay was great but for 260 dollars a night the breakfast could of been a little better and Ice machine didn't work so had to buy ice for the beach not a big deal but an inconvience. I would recommend this place cause it was one of the cheaper places there but for the price it could of been better. On the plus side it is next to Kroger so that was great didn't have to drive to get food or beer.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"The hotel staff are lifesavers!!!"
Good hotel for the price. We stayed overnight before a cruise. My son's room had a walk-in shower & it flooded, but that was really the only inconvenience. The staff more than made up for that minor incident because when we got to the port, ready to board the ship, my son couldn't find his wallet with his money, credit card, boarding documents, & ID. He called the hotel & they sent someone to his room while he was on the line with them, & found his wallet. A short cab ride back to the hotel & he was ready to go. I'm so thankful for that. The hotel has a beautiful view, across from the ocean & is conveniently located next to restaurants & a grocery store. I would stay there again for sure.
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2015
"Hotel Full Of Disappointments!!!"
Our card key never worked on the first room given to us. I made at least 3 trips to the front desk to get the card checked. The evening manager started doubting and gave me a disgraced facial expression. The manager finally walked up with us to the 3rd floor and tried the car.. didn't work!. With look of defeat, she borrowed my phone to call the maintenance guy. A couple more minutes of waiting (keep in mind that at this time, it's already nearing 11 pm and we were about to crash), the maintenance guy came and tried to use the key hole access with his master key...the master key broke!!! With so much dismay, he threw the half key and tool he was using to the floor. My partner offered to help and when the maintenance guy regained his composure, they started working on the key hole again...a few minutes more, the maintenance guy gave up and my partner kept on. My partner finally succeeded. We insisted be transferred to another room. They gave us a smoking room with no shower curtain. We called the manager, she finally showed up but to my dismay, again insisted that the room is a no-smoking room!!! An ash tray was on top of the table. At that point, I just shut my mouth and accepted our defeat! We just promised ourselves to never again set foot at this sorry hotel!
2 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Jeffrey
the view and location were the best things about the hotel.
4 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
"worst hotel ever don't waste your money motel6 is"
we asked for coffee pot in the room and got room with microwave&refrigerator, also asked for ocean view or pool view and got in the very back with a view of a ugly brick wall and a broke icemachine, the room had roaches&spiders& thepool had all kinds of stuff floating in it very unsanitary. overall we will never stay there again thanks for ruining our vacation&my husband's birthday. we left day in a half early. shame we work hard for our money &people take advantage of us. sincere angelia sale
3 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
angelia
"Location is good."
It was ok.
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Fatima
"don't recomend"
Friendly hotel staff and location is good. Room was clean but had a few bugs, ice machine not working on floor, dog in the pool. Overall, price is too much for the hotel but was close to the beach.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"Roach hotel"
Carpet is soo cheap looking. Reminds me of a roach motel. Needs more than a cheap cost of paint.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
CHAD
"Just "ok""
Daughter and I stayed 2 nights before our cruise... They advertise wi-fi but we were never able to connect either day of our stay. Notified front desk and I guess they had been having problems for "a while". Location was good but other than that our stay was just "ok"
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Angela
The staff was awesome and the location is great! But...One of the two elevators wasn't working and the pool was closed for awhile during a peak time. This was over a holiday weekend so both were very inconvenient. I felt the price was high for the room we had but was about as reasonable as it gets.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Annette K
"2 Night Getaway"
Nice room near pool but very quiet. Continental breakfast ok, not great.
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Ronald
"Find Another Place!!!"
The room smelled,the toilet didn't flush properly, we took our used towels to the front desk for replacement towels and they told us they would send us up some clean ones shortly ,but they never did. The next morning I went to the front desk at 7 am and we got the towels around 8:30 am .We will never stay at that place again.
3 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
"It's ok."
Our stay was ok. The room wasn't spotless and there was no climate control inside. The first two nights we had to ask for towels. First night the towels were given to us at the front desk when we asked. Second night we tried using the phone, it wouldn't dial out so we went to the front desk and asked to have towels sent tour room. We expected towels to be in our room when we got back from dinner...negative. Other than the lack of service and cleanliness, location was great. Close to beach, restaurants, and waterpark.
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Great place. Couldn't beat the price. Staff very friendly. Right across street from beach
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
When I woke up the next morning the hotel had not towels. I was insured that by the time I come from the beach that I would have towels. They never brought any towels to my room.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Ashley
"Rough start ! Smooth finish!"
My friend and I stayed here on our spring break! The two ladies at the front desk were VERY welcoming ! However, our room wasn't in the best shape. Our AC didn't not work. We called the front desk that night and they told us they will have maintenance take care of it in the morning. So, the next morning we went sight seeing and when we returned to the room the AC still wasn't working. We called the front desk again ... Still NO MAINTENANCE . The forth time we called the maintenance worker showed up to fix the AC & discovered it wasn't able to be fixed. She also told us that the night we called NO one told her about the problem & she called the manager & requested a new room for us ! The manager & maintenance lady were VERY helpful! They made sure we enjoyed the rest of our stay !
2 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2015
To start it off I booked a NON SMOKING room and they put me in a smoking room. the smell almost knocked me down when I walked in the door so I went back to the front desk and got them to move me to a real non smoking room. Only 1 elevator worked and it was really slow and we were on the 3rd floor so we mostly used the stairs which with 2 smaller children makes it a pain. Also the ceilings had some kind of yellow funk growing off it and was quite disgusting. The AC was not very cold and due to the weekend I booked for I couldn't get another reservation anywhere in Galveston so we had to stay!! I can say this out of all the hotels I have stayed in while visiting Galveston this by far and hands down the worst hotel I have stayed in and for almost $200/night you would expect better!! The pool was also nasty and had all kinds of hair and trash floating in it!! I will not be staying at this hotel again.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"A horrible experience"
We arrived at 10:00 pm after a long drive. The front desk clerk gave us a key and sent us to an occupied room - at 10:30 at night. Not safe!!! Person inside could have thought my children and I were intruders!! There were no towels in room. Tried to check out at 6:00 am next day but although sign said they open at 6:00 am no one was In lobby until 6:10. Very, very bad experience.
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Don't do it"
Worst hotel experience I have ever had. Our room keys did not work so I went back down to the lobby to get new ones. New keys did not work. Called front desk from cell phone and they said they would send maintenance and they did not have any more rooms available. We then waited 15 minutes and watched maintenance smoke a cigarette before coming up to help. When they arrived no apologies were issued. She could not get the door to open so she radioed down that the room would be unavailable and magically "an upgraded" room became available. right next door to our original room. We were ready to walk next door and should have. Once in room there were no towels or ice bucket called front desk and they said I would have to go get them myself from the front desk which isn't normally a big deal but after all that we had been through was just adding to it. Bed was hard and not a fully sized king. I have never hung off a king size bed before. Staff did not seem to care about anything. Will never be staying here again. and the "upgraded" room was the same exact room as the first at one, it's upsetting they would lie about that as well
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Allen
"Meh..."
Location was fantastic but the room was old and not the cleanest.
2 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Cynthia
Staff a bit unprofessional and unorganized. No coffee pot in room.good location
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Clinton
"I will never stay at a red roof inn again"
The 1st night there was extremely hot due to the air conditioner was not working, The fridge was not working and the phone in the room was not working. We never got a fully cleaned room during our 3 day stay even though we asked for it each day we were there. We did get a new air conditioner on the 2nd day. This was a horrible experience
3 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Helen
"Moldy"
The Hotel was filthy, mold was growing in the bath room. The entire facility could use a good cleaning! Staff was decent but busy, breakfast was cereal and frozen waffles. Would not recommend . Sorry
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Horrible costumer service .....
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Petra
They did not change the sheets the whole time I was there. The bathroom door in the room did not latch. There was no remote for the TV. They did not vacuum or clean the room at all! I was not happy with my stay at this hotel! It goes to show you get what you pay for!
3 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015
"Gross"
I would never stay there again... room smelled of mold and had a flea jump on my leg...
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
"Nightmare"
The hotel really needs to be cleaned and updated! All of the concrete was nasty and stained. 1 at room smelled like mildew, so they moved me and the 2 ms room was not really clean. I would not reckoned this hotel till they cleaned it up.
3 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Greg
"None"
When we first approached the front doors we noticed the glass was really filty and the elevators walls were filty! The rooms are in need if remodeling as the carpet is really old and the door was hard to push open and closed. Friendly service however when we started itching we thought it was the bed and found something I brought it to front desk thinking it was a bed bug and was told no it just looked like a flea ! Not sure what to think . Lobby closed where you couldn't just relax later or during the night. Other then that it was just a place to stay.
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
"Gulf Coast Work"
There were 2 elevators in the hotel the closest one to my room was down all week, so I had to either take the stairs or walk the length of the building to ride up. The how water never worked in the shower/bath. The toilet constantly leaked on the floor, and there was noticeable water damage on the bathroom walls that had been patched over. The carpet in the room was noticeably old and the room had an overall musky smell. Needless to say I won't be back.
3 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
connie
"weekend getaway"
we liked the location of the hotel but that's about it. the rooms are not cleaned properly there is mold on the shower and bathroom tile. the cleaning staff don't have pride in their work. the staff at the hotel seem like they are forced to be there. I went to let them know that the television in our room went out and the lady at the counter was having a private conversation and laughing while I was there waiting. worst hotel we have stayed ever.
3 night trip Jun 9, 2015
Jorge
"Wont go again"
Room was very dirty. Looks like it had not been cleaned in a very long time other than the usual vacuuming and changing of bed sheets. A lot of rowdy guests gathered all over and in parking lots.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Christine
"staff"
very nice staff but didn't receive towels for 2 days
4 night family trip May 21, 2015
phyllis
"Would stay again."
Its an older hotel and shows especially in the common areas. It was a basic but clean room at a good price. Would stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
"Worst hotel i have ever experienced"
First I arrived at 2pm and was greeted by a curt Check-in is at 3, I had no problem with this till at 3 when I was checking in. when after I check-in and pay the clerk notifies me my room is not ready and may not be ready for over an hour. I considered this outrageous for a $242 room to have to wait an additional hour and almost be late to a close friends wedding. On top of the additional wait the linens appeared to have either not been washed or where washed very poorly. As there was numerous hygiene issues with the linens. I also caught a stale smell in the air and in my normal inspection of the bed discovered that the bottom side of the mattress was covered in black mold. In all this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I spend over 100 days a year in a hotel.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
douglas
"Dissatisfied"
It took two and a hours to get checked in,online registration print out said check in was at 2pm we got to the hotel at 2:30.was told we could not check in till 3pm.we did not get a room until almost 5pm.we had to wait for the room to be cleaned..had no table and chairs in the room.had to sit in beach chairs.no chairs to sit in outside the room.the pool lights we not working so we were asked to leave the early all three days of our stay,reservation says coffee maker in room we had to ask for one,and had to ask for coffee every day of our stay.the lady that checked us in was very rude, that cleaning staff was very friendly and helpful. Dissatisfied with my stay,we had stayed at the same location about 2 years ago and enjoyed our stay.thats why I booked and location was great..
3 night family trip May 31, 2015