All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America

2.9
"Very dissatisfied"
room had a mildew odor and bathrooms needed cleaning and toilet didn't flush shower head very old. Whole bathroom needs updating and not enough towels provided. would not stay again.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
jesus
"across street from beach"
We stayed here for 1 night. The room was kind of smelly but we loved that it was one of the few across the street from the beach. You can easily walk to the beach. Starbucks inside Krogers is also right next door. No coffee makers in the room.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
"I have never wrote a review but this had to be sai"
Horrible we arrived at 230 did not get our rooms until 4 check in is at 3 front desk was horrible only a guy that was there gave us water and told us the swimming pool was good to go, we went up to our rooms had booked a non smoking that room stinked so bad we were not able to sleep, beds were horrible pillows were horrible, restrooms were so old, so many loud people, our ocean view room was not ocean view we had a view of the cementery, breakfast was horrible, they had no apple juice water down orange juice, soggy precooked waffles, stale cereal, only ok thing was the swimming pool, right across the street from the beach, Kroger was walking distance.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
"BEYOND AMAZING"
Conveniently located across the street from the beach. Heated pool was an added plus and was the icing on the cake. hotel staff was very friendly and always ready to offer their services to make my vacation the best one so far.
1 night trip May 27, 2015
Khamborn Panyanak
"our trip"
Pleasant
2 night romance trip May 25, 2015
lucero
"A+"
very clean hotel, we did not need hotel service but check in was fast with no trouble. we had no problems
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
"Very poor"
One of the dirtiest hotels I have ever stayed in from the lobbie to the room very poor service stood in line for 30 min to check in I will never stay at a red roof again
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"Perfect"
Great location, very nice room with everything you need, across the Seawall Blvd from the ocean.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
Sherri
"Never Again Under Any Circumstance!"
What a dump! The old saying that you can put a dress on a pig but it's still a pig applies to this hotel! Newly painted rooms can't cover up the mold in the cracks or the mold in the seams of the shower & bathroom tile! The first room we were put in smelled of urine so bad we didn't even unpack! The room we ended up in was damp; the floor felt like a wrung out sponge & the bedding felt damp! We spent $50 on cleaning supplies and spent two hours scrubbing the room before we unpacked, making sure we sanitized every surface just be sure we wouldn't catch anything! And even after that we felt it best to not take a chance and did not use the shower during our two night stay! The towels & face cloths were a joke! They have obviously not spent a penny on an them for a number of years as every one we got was thin, torn, and had ragged edges! To top it off, garbage was piled EVERYWHERE like they had just hosted a month long mardi gras!
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Mark H.
"Not worth $280.00"
Room was outdated. No soap or shampoo. 2 towels only. I hand towel and no wash cloths. No tissues. Lamp kept falling over on the night stand. Stains on sheets.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
jack
"it is what it is"
Breakfast here is dreadful. Was missing a kitchen set. Room needed paint
1 night business trip May 22, 2015
"pretty good"
It was clean and the people are great. The elevator was super slow and breakfast is no good. But great location and we had fun.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
dora
"Smokey"
Smokey smell in the room was uncomfortable. Therefore, because of the odor in the room, the room felt unclean. There was also a spot on the bed sheet. I sprayed febreeze and Lysol throughout the night and anytime I was in the room. Other reviews about this inn were right pertaining to the smell/odor.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
"Good hotel!"
It was a nice hotel, the ac could have been better in the room that was our only complaint. Other than that it was wonderful!
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
A great get away weekend to work
1 night trip Apr 13, 2015
chris
"great family trip!"
My family and I had the best time ever at the Red Roof Inn. The staff was very friendly too. I would definitely recommend to all my friends and family.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Jesus
"Red Roof Galveston"
Besides musty smell rooms were large bed comfortable service good.
2 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
"worst place ever!"
This was absolutely awful! The room had no toilet paper. The tv didn't work. The smell was stale. The the front desk associate was not helpful when I called down to get the problems fixed. I will never again stay at this hotel. Spent a lot of money on a room that was absolutely horrific!
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
maria
"Lot of $$$ for Old Hotel"
Unfriendly people that work there.. Air conditioner did not work well Hotel is just ran down looks old smells old For the money we paid we could of went to holiday inn and had a better stay Breakfast was a joke it should not even be called breakfast We cruise again in June guess where we won't be staying???
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Not recommended"
Non smoking room smelled like smoke. Service was not real good and room was not clean. Nice location and friendly people however. Will not stay again
3 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
matthew
"nasty"
The hotel was nasty the room smelled like old mildew. The guy working at the front was not helpful we couldn't even get wash clothes for our room when there was none in there. There were roaches crawling on the floor. Overall it just was not a good stay
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
Janice
"BYOT (Bring Your Own Towels)"
First of all, the location is great, right across the road from the beach. Restaurants and even a Kroger within easy walking distance. I have to give the front desk staff credit, they were friendly and courteous given the situation they had to deal with. Now the problems.....we had two rooms under two different reservations, both of which were to be non-smoking. One of the rooms was obviously a converted smoking room. Even though it had been cleaned, the room still smelled of cigarettes. The hotel has big problems with housekeeping. We had a full complement of towels and wash cloths when we moved in on day 1, but that was the last time. We never got housekeeping on day 2, despite asking four times! Had to go to the front desk each time because the phone didn't work. (They fixed it late that afternoon). Finally, at 8pm, an employee showed up with what appeared to be 2 brand new bath towels. On day 3, the room did get cleaned, beds made, but they left only two clean bath towels, no hand towels, no wash cloths. We checked out the next morning.
4 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2015
ALAN
"Can't wait to go back"
Great deal for the money. Will stay again.
2 night romance trip Apr 21, 2015
"Galveston get away"
The front desk was very nice, and friendly. We were running late due to traffic but they were nice even though we were late checking in. I wish the hotel faced the ocean but other then that it was great.
3 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
"1"
The room smelled like urine, there was mold on the ceiling and in the entire bathroom, the bathtub had a crack in it and I couldnt get a phone signal to save my life. When I arrived I had to wait 1hr to be checked in because there were no clean rooms available which made me miss a very important meeting.
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2015
the light in the room did not work. We had a king bed with 2 pillows not enough. My wife complained her back was very sore from sleeping on the bed with the flat pillows. The room was very sticky. The door card reader was not clean so it did not work well. We decided that we won't be staying at Red Roof Inns anymore.
2 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Cleans with friendly staff"
Clean room. We stayed for 3 nights and all the staff were very friendly.
3 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
"best hotel stay we have experienced in 25 yrs"
simple wonderful from check in to check out, friendly staff, quiet comfortable rooms and beach front, loved it.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"No"
Just no. I am usually low maintenance and do not require a lot of fluff but this was just bad. Staff at check in were rude from the get go and were obviously over it. The room was very visibly dirty and the bed lifted up like a murphy bed every time someone sat on it. That was funny.....the first day. Location of the hotel is good and convenient though. Right next door to Kroger grocery store, food and the peir. Very walkable. Spend a little more and stay somewhere else.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
It was a good hotel, in a really good location close to everything
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Terrible stay"
The only room available was "smoking" so the room smelled like stale cigarettes. It was very humid and due to the fact that there is no bath tub water was all over the bathroom floor and would even get absorbed to the carpet outside the bathroom, which did not help smell of the room. As I was packing I found a medium sized spider crawling around my things. Definitely not a pleasant experience. I was there for only one night because my girlfriend was running the Diva's half marathon. The bed was not very comfortable. Breakfast was a disaster they only had cereal and at 10am sharp they close it down and you have no access to it. Not smart when most of the runners were coming back around 10am. The staff wasn't terrible but the coffee was. The only plus is that the beach is across the street.
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2015
JuanCarlos
"Well"
The room was musty and smelled like hold carpet. Found a cockroach in the bathroom there were only 3 friendly staff which were at the from desk. The other staff were always hiding out sitting around. The only thing nice about this place was the heated pool
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
samantha
"Close to the beach"
If you are looking for a quiet room, a hot shower, and a comfortable bed... Keep looking because you won't find them here. The shower was lukewarm water both nights. The bed is hard as a rock and the pillows are the size of your average throw pillow. We could hear the neighbors kids screaming all night even after we alerted the front desk that something may be wrong. And I know it's no fault of the hotel, but a car alarm that kept going off every 5 mins for 3 hours... Basically plan on getting no sleep and no relief from a hot shower after a day at the beach.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Katie
"Location, location, location!!!!"
I stayed one night and it was a decent experience. It was not the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in, but I think that is because of the age of the hotel. It was a comfortable room and everything worked the way it should. The hotel staff was friendly. They could have been a little more professional for my taste, but they were not rude. Overall, for one night right on the seawall, it was fine.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
LeKay
"Smoky Odor"
The room was terrible,Pricy and smelled like cigar
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
"Close to the beach but not kept up."
Light didn't work in elevator. No towels upon arrival or even after a call to the front desk. I had to go pick them up myself, and front desk clerk only wanted to give me two even tho my reservation was for four people. Sheets were stained and when we called for new ones we were told there were none left. We were given to new mattress covers and told to "wrap up in them" and lay on top of the covers. We were put into a smoking room even tho a non smoking room was booked.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Jill
"Normally don't complain"
Let's start with the good. The location is great. Now let's begin with what is wrong. The rooms smell funny. I switched rooms and although it smelled better then the first , it still smelled. The staff was rude. We came in about 12 hours earlier then check in time. They wanted to charge us 4 times the rate I got for a check in that was 12 hours away. They weren't nice about telling me this. I chose to look around and found something cheaper. They would rather have a empty room then accommodate people who came in early for a reservation. So then the next morning I went to see if I could check in and they said no not yet, understandable if they weren't so ignorant. I barely got my room at check in time. Every time I came in just to check they treated me like I was annoying them. They weren't doing anything else except talking amongst themselves at the front desk. They were very slow moving. The rooms weren't very clean either. There were cookies in our drawers, one towel in the room, dirty bathroom and beds weren't very clean either. Like I stated earlier we did switch rooms and the second room wasn't as bad. I normally look beyond alot but can't look beyond this mess of a hotel at all.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
jen
"Nice hotel and Oceanside view"
really glad you can check in whenever! We didn't get to Galveston until 2 in the morning and could still check in! Nice view of the ocean, and the room was clean and nice. Although it was a minor condition we found in the bed, it was a nice sTay here.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Jordyn
"Terribly maintained hotel - good location."
This place was probably very nice at some point in it's past. But today it has come upon hard times. The rooms have been allowed to deteriorate. The bathroom sink was not draining properly. The tile floors were dirty and needed to be cleaned with dirt build up in the corners. The fixtures in the shower looked like they had been put in by a child or someone in a very big hurry. There was NO COFFEE MAKER in the room. You are forced to get a cup by going down to the lobby. This is absolutely unacceptable. I need my coffee first thing in the morning and to have to go down and get it just won't work for me. Besides the lobby is locked early and you have to get coffee in the entrance area - it was cool and not worth the trouble. The elevators worked sometimes - one was completely out of service. Another elevator sometimes would not open the door on the ground floor. In summation - avoid the establishment - you probably can find better somewhere near - Galveston should have better places to stay than this one.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Relax time"
A great weekend stay, and the staff is always excellent. This was the third time I have stayed there. Will do it again.
2 night trip Apr 5, 2015
"It was worth the price"
I like the hotel and staff is friendly. They just didn't provide any towels and when asked for some they gave us two bath towels and were told that was all they could give us. There were also no trash cans in the hotel room.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Jen
"Galveston Red Roof 59th"
The room was clean and ready when we got there. We had never traveled with a pet before and they made it real easy! Breakfast was a little on the lean side. Overall - great location and easy to get in and out.
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"Thanks! We will return."
I really enjoyed our stay. The staff is super courteous. However, I do feel that overall the hotel was understaffed. It took an unusually long time to check in (45 mins) and to get some towels (over 24 hours with a minimum of 5 requests).
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Close to beach"
No towels. Breakfast could use upgrade. Overpriced. Staff not very accommodating.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
angela
"First time at the Beach with my Husband"
We decided to go for his Birthday because we had never gone together and he knew how much I Love the beach and he was really in disbelief at all the amenities there and we really enjoyed our stay at your hotel right on the beach the location of your hotel was exceptional we will return in the future we hope to be able to stay there again. Thank You very much.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Mrs. Rebecca"
Awesome even had a heated pool staff was awesome
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
rebecca
"No towels no maid service"
Disappointing. Some of staff seemed apathetic about service.Stayed 2 days no maid service, had to beg for towe
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
SW Bomber
"Not very happy"
Very dirty the water on the bath tub was getting cluged. So we pulled tons of hair out of the disposal. Who know what other things are dirty like that.
2 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
"Dirty and disapointing"
Checked in at 9:30 pm. Lobby locked, only a clerk through a small security glass teller window. Room was not fully cleaned. There was a 12 pack of Bud light and a large cup drink with straw in the refrig. There were no cups to use. The shower curtain was loose and held on with 2 unpainted loose wooden blocks. The shower selector would not give hot water... however the sink had hot water. There were patched unpainted holes in the bathroom wall. The room stank. It was a smoking room. I do not know if I made that mistake on my reservation or not. Hotel sold out. There were plenty of luggage carts though to use.
"Across street from the geach"
Excellent stay, directly across the street from the beach. The heated pool was awesome. Great staff as well.
Sam