All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here5914 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX, 77551, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

"Last minute getaway."
This was a last minute getaway. For the price the Hotel was good. It was not spectacular but then again we did not want to spend a ton of money for one night close to the beach. The room was decent and the bed was clean and comfortable. We had a great sleep, the room was very quiet. I would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Jerry
"January stay in texas"
Staff was friendly as I've found in the past & the landscaping & view is so pretty. It's a perfect location to walk the seawall & to get to restaurants on good weather days.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
"My stay was due to be near the hospital."
I arrived very tired and the staff was very helpful.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Mini Getaway"
The room was in good shape with the exception of the toilet handle being broken and one of the elevator's was down. Overall it was a great stay plus I would recommend it to my friends.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"Find a different hotel"
Rude staff!!! Would ever put clean towels in room after cleaning it. Would move our personal items and put them in different places !!! Never had hot water even after reporting it!!! Horrible stay ever !!! Go some where else !!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
We had a view of the ocean from our balcony. The hotel location is just a walk across the street to the ocean. Also, many dining and entertainment venues are within walking distance.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Decent hotel right on the beach"
The room was a little dated but the location is excellent. They mistakenly had us down for a smoking room but allowed us to switch. It is right across the road from the beach and has a nice newer Kroger next door. Breakfast was decent.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Gail
"red roof inn"
Staff was very friendly, the room exceeded my expectations, and the price couldnt be beat.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
"Bed was the worst I've slept in, pillows were awfu"
Staff was very rude at check in and then again at check out.will not stay there again even if I have to sleep in my car.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
william
"New Year's Eve"
We stayed here for New Years Eve so I can't tell you how noisy or quiet it is under normal circumstances because almost everyone in the hotel was walking around and staying up late, this is not the hotel's fault it was a holiday. They do accept pets, which is nice for pet owners. The people next door to us however have no idea that their dog is a nuisance because it did finally stop barking once they came back. They walls are very thin so I could hear the dog barking very well. I could also hear the guy in the next room get up and use the restroom the next morning so that was not enjoyable. The hotel staff were nice enough but I did not ask them for anything so it was just check in and check out conversations. We were able to see the city of Galveston's fire works display from our hotel, just had to walk to the back parking lot so that actually was nice.
"Galveston Red Roof"
We stayed for 9 days over the New Years holiday. Both elevators were broke down when we got there and they finally got one working for our last 3 days. It was a chore to get them to clean our room, I don't know if they didn't have the help there or they just didn't want to carry supplies up the stairs. They also seemed to have a seveer shortage on towels and kleenex beacuse we had to keep asking at the fromt desk for towels to shower with and we never did get kleenex in our room.
9 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
ronald
"nice hotel close to beach"
This is the second time we have stayed here and plan to stay again.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
nina
"Worst hotel ever!!!!!"
The worst hotel and service of any hotel I have ever stayed in. Hotel was not clean, like all kinds of hair on bathroom floor, room had a bad odor,etc. Had to go get our wash cloths and hand towels every day from front desk, bathtub drain was broken had to take plastic bottle cap to hold stopper open, commode was leaking,worst continental breakfast ever like cold coffee,old bread,etc. They seem to be promoting the NBC news like in the breakfast room and lobby which is the worst news channel possible. I asked them to switch to Fox news in breakfast room , they did but did not want to.Nothing good about this hotel except location.
4 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"not impressed"
As a disclaimer, for the price it isn't a bad deal. But this room has a weird smell to it. Didn't come with any toilet paper, which always sucks when you realize after using the toilet.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2015
BRADLEY
"Coulda been better."
NO COFFEE MAKER IN ROOMS. BREAKFAST DISAPPOINTING. ONLY 2 TOWELS IN BATHROOM.
robert
"Didn't Expect Much and Not Disappointed"
Just wanted inexpensive no-frills sleepover place next to beach and conveniently located in middle of island. Found two bugs - one dead, one live. Cheap coffeemaker would have been nice.TV was good, large and up-to-date - connected laptop and watched DVDs. Staff very accommodating. Would stay there again if I didn't want to spend a lot.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
DiAurum
"New years eve"
We got there an hour early and were not able to check in, but we went to lunch right down the street. By the time we got back, the room was ready. It was clean and comfortable. The check-in associate at the front desk was rather slow, but had a nice demeanor. The hotel was in a good location. Close to every activity we wanted to do.
susan
"Not Happy"
We were scheduled for 3 nights but left after one. The noise from the road woke us several times during night. The refrigerator made a humming sound night so finally I got up and pulled the plug. Both elevator were broken which meant carrying luggage up staurs. No fun.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Retired
"Not the worst, not the best"
Under Hotel condition I put a 2 because so many items, elevators, ice machines, were out of order. Room comfort only gets a 3 because I expect an in-room coffee maker. There was an in-room ironing board, but no iron. The heat/air was noisy and I was always having to adjust it up and down. Neighborhood was not bad, per se, but just standard Seawall Blvd. The staff assisted with all the requests I made so I did rate them a 4. Over all I gave only a 3. I'm thinking of having my relatives stay some place on the island this summer and if I had to make reservations I could not recommend the Red Roof Inn.
2 night business trip Dec 28, 2014
"very amazed"
All around great and will go back
3 night trip Dec 23, 2014
"Christmas Weekend Stay"
I woke up, walked across the street and was on the beach. The front desk guy was very pleasant and helpful. This isn't your typical Red Roof Inn.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Once was enough."
Staff was friendly but for the hotel- the room smelt like mildew, should of got a smokers room to mask the smell. Elevator and ice machine on our didn't work. Breakfast was in need of a remodel just like the hotel. Never again.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Perfect for pats and smokers"
Got everything I wanted and more!!! Staff was extra nice and helpful. Dont worry, there was plenty of towels. !!!
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Didi
"Nice & relaxing stay!"
My husband and I booked a room at Red Roof Inn this past weekend because I wanted to be able to sleep well before running a half marathon at the Santa Hustle 5K and Half Marathon, and I'm glad we did. Check in was smooth and the frontdesk staff accommodated my request to switch from a smoking room to a non-smoking room. We were a little surprised to see that the pillows were not made when we got our room. However, we didn't bring it up because the frontdesk staff had been nice and helpful about our previous request. It wasn't a big deal anyway. What we really like about the hotel is that it was within walking distance to 61st Street Fishing Pier, which my husband loves to frequent every time we are down in Galveston. Overall, it was a relaxing stay, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and it was worth what we had paid for. We would definitely come back again.
2 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Cherie
"Bleh"
Elevators were out. Offered assistance getting bags to third floor and noone ever showed. Winded up breaking my large suitcase.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Kristi
"Redroof in is the way to go !"
We were so excited to get to Galveston and the hotel was a huge surprise and bonus. Our dog was really comfortable and the cleaning staff was amazing. One lady in particular (I wish I caught her name) asked if we needed anything and I said no and she asked about towels and toilet paper wich of course we needed. That's great customer service! Checking in and out was fast and easy. Our room was super clean and lots of good tv channels.
2 night romance trip Dec 15, 2014
When we arrived at the hotel after a 4 hr drive we were informed the elevator was broken. We had reserved two rooms and both were on upper floors. I was with my 89 yr old mom in a wheelchair and my husband who has bad back and knee replacement. No attempt was made to contact us or find us another hotel. We were told to call Expedia. We did get a room next door at the Quality Inn.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"cruise"
The hotel was ok, but we were definately disappointed in the breakfast. very little hot stuff,muffins dry .
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
may
"Good Value"
The price was right
3 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
Jon
I had to add an extra night last minute and was going to have to check out and then check back in again. The front dest staff automatically checked me in in the morning so I did not have to pack everything up and then unpack again that night. This was extreamlly helpful due to the fact that I was spending all day in a workshop. Thank you!
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"Quick trip"
We were there only one night. Location was good to beach and staff pleasant.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Weekend getaway at Galveston"
Overall, the stay was good. However, the only downside was that our rooms were on the third floor and the elevator was not working. Plus there are a few other amenities that were not functioning properly. The whole family had a good time and the stay was of average comfort. The upside of the visit was that the staff was very, very friendly.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Heath
"Budget hotel Pet ok!"
This hotel is good for the price. No extra charge for your pet which is why i booked it. i will definately stay here again if i am bringing my dog with me.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
kristin
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
The room was clean. We enjoyed the pool. They could put more towels in the rooms. The breakfast leaves a lot to be desired .
cindy
Horrible....No elevator No hot water Asked for bath towels; hand towels were delivered.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Air conditions did not work moved to another room. I have stayed here before under diiferent change. The continental breakfast was not like the last time next time I will pay more for a room
"Well managed"
The property is always very clean and the staff is always friendly and helpful we especially like the older maintenance man (I hate I don't know his name) over all we love this location.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Carey
"Not for Light Sleepers!"
Friendly staff to greet you. Check-in was a breeze. The room was clean and comfortable. Evidently management has taken the time to read previous reviews, because most of the negative things mentioned seemed to have been addressed. The OK rating I have assigned the motel is because of something pretty much out of their control. It's simply too noisy for light sleepers! The first morning I was startled at 5:00 a.m. by the LOUD/obnoxious sound of the radio alarm playing (half song/half static) in the unoccupied room next to us. After enduring the noise for over an hour, I went to the lobby to report the problem. The desk clerk apologized and offered to turn it off when he was relieved by the next person coming on duty (which he did shortly before 7:00 a.m.) Our second sleep was interrupted around 1:00 a.m. by a loud banging on our door. Evidently someone from a group of young men was staying in a room two doors down from us, and they obviously had the wrong room. Afterwards they stood talking and laughing on the balcony outside our room. The voices carried so well, they might as well have been in the room with us. Thirty minutes later my husband called out to them to please go to bed, that others were trying to sleep, which thankfully they did. Our third night's rest was disturbed around midnight by a car alarm sounding/stopping/sounding/stopping/sounding/stopping. I opened our door to be certain it wasn't our alarm and was met by several other disturbed guests.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"walking distance to restaurants"
Stayed at this hotel with friends for the LoneStar Biker Rally 2014. Staff is friendly and helpful. Had a few conversations with some of the staff and they provided good information on upcoming events. Our room was clean although the sink and tub could use a little bit more effort in cleaning. The beds and pillows were comfortable although the sheets didn't smell as fresh as I thought they should. We were looking for the "Do not Disturb" sign to hang on the outside of the door handle because we don't like the cleaning staff to go inside for service. We can manage on our own but u have to let them know that u do not want service. We had some trouble with the ac not cooling enough. The room was sort of stuffy and warm although it was mild temperature outside in the high 60's. Also when you check out be sure to let them know that you did not use the safe that is provided in the room for you so you can get reimbursed. That charge is added to your bill at the time of check-in. So get reimbursed. Breakfast is ok but don't expect sausage, scrabble eggs or pancakes. overall I give it a ok rating.
"Galveston Bike Rally"
Overall the staff was courteous and efficient. It my fault that I did not double check after booking that we got a smoking room instead of a NON smoking room. The air conditioner didn't blow real cold, but it was a cool evening so we were adequately comfortable. I wish though that we had a coffee pot and coffee in the room instead of having to go downstairs to the lobby. Check in and check out was very smooth.
"Rally weekend"
Four people staying in a room were given one washcloth and two bath towels. Wee had to kill cockroaches both nights.
"Great for what we needed. Good location !"
Nice place to stay before cruise!! Close to everything you might need!!!
Brent
"Beach.... It is right across the street"
We were stuck with a smoking room,it sort or smelled like a ashtray. Our room was a bit on the dark side. Looked like they put the smoking rooms in an area with something blocking the window. All in all it was ok and a good value for the price we paid.
"Last minute. Great rate."
Made last minute reservations for the bike rally. Definitely best on the island for the low rates.
jim
"needs to be remodeled"
Hotel lobby closes @ 9pm. Ridiculous. There is no safety because anyone off the street can go beat on your door. Room was decent. Hotel needs to be remodeled. For the price it was not worth it, should have been a $50 room. The location is good. Staff was okay friendly. Overall, if you need a basic room, book this place.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"had fun, will return"
greeat, beautiful view from our room, easy to load,unload and access our room, nice staff
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
betty lou
"Great Value"
Nice hotel and great for the value. There was an issue with the elevator when I checked in and within a couple of days, the elevator was back operating properly.
4 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
Ray
"Decent hotel that happens to have a great view."
Overall, price point, you can't beat for the sea wall. The hotel wasn't horrible it was ok actually. Problems with the staffing and check in but it was a hiccup that ended up getting resolved. For the price, I wasn't expecting the Taj Mahal by any means, however what it lacked in charm made up for in efficiency. The best part of the hotel was that comfort of the bed. I was expecting the worst night sleep ever, instead I was pleasantly surprised. If your looking for a god place to stay over night, and a place to stay on a budget I would definitely recommend this hotel. It also doesn't hurt waking up in the morning to the ocean outside your front door either. Would I stay here again, I'd say probably so.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
"Happy and Satisfied"
The hotel location was perfect. Not too far out and not right in the middle of all the traffic!
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"After cruise, wind down night before going home!"
The staff could not have been any better. The hotel was in major disrepair, the elevator worried me that it would make the 2nd floor, clean and nice people, just needs some repair and money put into it.
1 night family trip Nov 9, 2014