All hotels in St. Pete Beach, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here5500 Gulf Blvd, St. Pete Beach, FL, 33706, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Old, Dirty and Outdated"
Hotel rooms and property is very old out outdated, in desperate need of a good clean and total remodel. Pool are very dirty and crowded, very disappointing considering they were almost unusable. Hotel staff are slow to respond to request, maybe due to the size of the property or maybe because we stayed there during the holiday season. I would recommend staying elsewhere. Definitely not a 4 star hotel.
Response by TradeWinds Island Grand
I am sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations during your recent stay at our resort. I do appreciate your constructive comments regarding our property. We have just completed a multi-million dollar renovation on our Jacaranda building to included interior/exterior painting of the building/rooms, replacing all of the sliding glass doors and windows and installation of 600 brand new mattresses. We are always striving to improve our guest experience through welcomed feedback. Please do not let this one experience prevent you and your family from returning to our resort as we have numerous activities to offer families of all sizes. Chris Metro Guest Satisfaction Manager Tradewinds Island Resort
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"11 of us enjoyed all the activities"
We had a great time. Everyone could do what was most fun for them. The hotel seemed to want to provide experiences for all ages.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Shirley
"great place to stay for sure!"
Hotel and service five star all he way...food'as the worst at dinner two nights and dinner for five ran around $300.00, which was not the problem... the food was terrible. Sorry but couldn't eat it. I would certainly stay there restaurant again and again...but never eat there accept for the one Beef Obardys.
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"Nice on the beach resort"
We enjoyed our stay. It is on the beach and all our amenities were available at our convenience. The staff was very accomoding in providing items we requested. As for the resort there were a few things we would like to see addressed. We would have preferred a designated hot tub for adults only or a time restriction for when children were not permitted to use it. Also, the room we stayed in (standard) did not have enough hooks to hang our wet clothing on. When you're near the beach you will have a lot of wet clothes. Our air conditioning did not work (even with the balcony door closed). We were pleased with our over-all experience.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
lisa
"overall acceptable"
due to being 31st dec they were busy did not get room service but ask get some towel they came and got us with coffee
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
samuel
"Not so great"
We booked this the day before. Every hotel was booked at St. Pete Beach (according to Hotels.com) - Except this one. We got a room with a 12 inch wide - 6 ft. high window that looked out into the hallway. I was a bit claustrophobic. Also there was a chemical smell to the room. I feel that they didn't even try to work with us out because we booked on Hotels.com. The front desk suggested I check back with them at 4 PM or early in the morning. Good Customer service would be: "We will contact YOU the minute we have a cancellation" I overheard the front desk working with others - to switch rooms. We are a retired couple (late 50's) and didn't need all it's amenities. I think it's an ok hotel for families with small children. So in the end we paid for things we didn't want, especially the additional mandatory $35.00 for a "pass". We left a day early, lost Money in the end.
3 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Cynthia
"Close to beach"
Many things to do. Slide. Paddle boat. Swimming pool. Beach. Food is delicious. Room is a little bit small. Kitchen is nice. Room is showing it's age. No free breakfast. Food is expensive.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"location, location, location"
amazing hotel on the gulf of mexico. my girl friend and I was there for new years and they were sold out. I can see why! although I lived on st pete beach for awhile and moved back to Ohio this was my first experience at trade winds grand. So much to do you don't even have to leave the property.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
nikki
"Great Hotel that is right on the beach!"
Very good stay. Really enjoyed the hotel. A couple of standout items include the bartenders at the hut near the beach. Very friendly and seemed to enjoy their job. The folks who took care of the beach cabanas were also very nice throughout. Breakfast at the Guy Harvey Hotel was also great as the Rum Runner bar there! The beaches are fantastic and other restaurants are in walking distance of the hotel. A couple of things that could be improved: Food at the Beef O'Brady's was quite bad! We have eaten at countless Beef's and the wings were cold as were the fries. The chicken was soggy and not spicy even though we ordered a spicy sauce, The dip we ordered was nearly inedible (buffalo chicken dip). Would have been nice to have a organized tennis drills or round robin at the hotel. 2 clay courts at the hotel. Besides those two items, I would really recommend the hotel. Great beach views from our room and we all had a great time!
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Chuck
"Friendly Staff"
It is a nice hotel, close to the beach.... staff is so friendly. Good hotel for families.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Nice beach but hotel needs better maintenance."
Nice beach and amenities. I was not pleased with the condition of the hotel, however. The room carpet was not clean, the shower kept changing temperatures and had to take a cool shower to prevent third-degree burns. There was a large gap at the bottom of the door which we had to cover with a towel to prevent bugsfrom entering. There were hornets nests in the stairwell that led to the beach. They were updating the rooms so perhaps they are making improvements.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Great hotel!"
The hotel is wonderful!! Everything you could need is available. The staff is friendly and attentive.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"I have lost my stuff there and can't get it back"
Bad I have lost my stuff there and can't get it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Fun Time"
Great place for kids with lots of activities
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Expedia gave it a 4 star .... Found to be less than that ... Upgraded our room on check in... Only to be awake all night due to location of room... Right next to Tiki Bar... People partying till 3am. Staff rolling their carts very early in morning... 6am and late at night ...after 10. Sounded horrible when in bed sleeping . Ate at one resturant.. Wasn't good . Rest of our meals were outside resort.. Much better.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"will go back"
very nice
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
JIMMY
"Great trip -- again!"
Everything was wonderful, as usual....one minor complaint though: the 'fan' in the bathroom did not work and I was told the fans in all the rooms do not work....shouldn't they for obvious reasons and because the heat and humidity in Florida may cause mold/mildew without any ventilation?? Only thing 'wrong'....Thanks
3 night romance trip Dec 2, 2014
"Tradewinds is awesome."
Tradewinds was awesome. Went with family. Stuff to do for the kids. Great restaurants. We went for six days and only left the resort one night for dinner. Highly recommend this hotel. Can't wait to go back.
6 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"TradeWinds"
Eliminating the fact of paying for two days of romantic package and only receiving one it's a fantastic place.
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
VIRGINIO
"Summary of our Mini-Vacation"
Good food,great accommodations, fantastic sunsets, marvelous things to see. A smaller version of Disney World right here under our noses. Top Shelf in every way. Including prices.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Retired
"Nice complex with lots to do on and off property."
Smooth process for check in. The complex is very nice and well maintained. Loved the swans. Great beach, and amenities. Would return without hesitation.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
finicky
"Great hotel."
Extremely polite and helpful staff, always trying to provide a great experience for us. Great atmosphere and the best part: the beach
"It was ok"
Hotel is outdated , beach is excellent ! We stay two nights , near by few good restaurants
"Nice hotel on the beach"
This is right on the beach and clean and friendly. Beds need to be bigger without a bigger price. Don' t eat on the beach, the sea gulls will attack you,
lizzieo
"Nice place on the beach."
Our family enjoyed our time at TradeWinds. Great time of the year to enjoy the beach. No crowds, great breakfast. No problems!
Hec
"Ok place to stay... Activities not like advertise"
Staff is very pleasant and good to deal with. The activities listed are definitely not like what is advertised. Most were not even out. Kids activities were not barely know by staff. During some of the activities that were taking place, many corners cut just to make it easy for the staff. I probably wouldn't spend that kind of money again due to the reasons above.
"so noisey-little rest"
We've stayed at the Trade Winds before and had a better experience. The rooms on the gulf side were nicer than the one on the wing that we stayed in this time. The room had hard beds as well as hard pillows. You could hear everything from the maids walking by to people on the street, trash being thrown away, and people talking next door. I doubt we'll stay again.
Response by TradeWinds Island Grand
Please accept my apology on behalf of the resort for not meeting your expectations during your recent visit. I wish that you had brought your concerns to the appropriate manager so that the resort could have resolved the issues you mentioned. Our primary goal at the resort is to provide our guests with the best possible vacation experience. Chris Metro Guest Satisfaction Manager
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"So so"
Outdated hotel ar a premium price
4 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
"Great visit"
Food is good bartenders excellent Interesting people spent time with us. Drinks exceptionalshopping at rumrunners and aquarium awesome Pub crawl was worth the T shirt Very nice Ocean front condo beautiful
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
P
"Disappointed Family"
The reason we chose this hotel was due to the high ratings yet we were not satisfied. At arrival I looked back on hotels.com and realized for the same room it was almost a $100 cheaper so I was surprised when I asked for a complimentary upgrade to a beach view I got a "NO" in response. We were only staying for one night and my children had never seen the ocean before so we were all very disappointed. Especially, since we knew they had plenty of rooms avaiable online, for cheaper, and were beachfront. The front desk stated they had beachfront views for an added cost. The hotel itself needs upgrades, and there was hair all over the shower and floor in the bathroom. They also had some kind of construction being done that included drilling that ended at dinner time but started right back up at 8am the next morning. It was so loud it sounded like they were drilling directly in our room. Besides all that.. my kids loved the blow up slide and the view from the beach was amazing..
1 night family trip Oct 29, 2014
"Easy to find and close to beach"
Our stay was wonderful, everyone was not only helpful, but so friendly and polite. The areas were well lit at night and signage as to where business or buildings were excellent and easy to know where you were to go. Beach was awesome so clean and beautiful.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Jan
"Okay Hotel"
It was a fairly adequate resort but I'm not the demographic. I was there for a conference and it felt kind of strange attending the conference with all the families vacationing. From the way things looked and sounded the kids seemed to be having fun. Thank goodness the walls are thick. I had a room right across from the kids pool, which played music all day (why???). I couldn't hear a thing if I spent time in the bedroom part of the suit... but why get the suit if you can't use it???? I'll just say, if you are the demographic then this resort is perfect for you. The service on the ground is top-notch. All the people that work there are friendly. And the breakfast at Beef O'Brady's??? OMG, AMAZING. I'm missing that breakfast as I write. Also, regarding the condition of the room--the light switch in the bathroom was busted-up. I mean, really???? Get that fixed people. So if you're a family on vacation, you'll love this place.
4 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
Z
"Awesome deal in St. Petersburg, right on the beach"
A perfect dpor on a perfect beach. This is a great family destination.
2 night trip Oct 22, 2014
It is a just a standard hotel for the price you pay. Needs some renovations
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"VERY HAPPY CAMPERS!:))"
This was a weekend get away and it was perfect! The resort reminded my fiance of our Jamaica trip to Sandals this past Janurary only better! The beach cabanas were excellent and the $15 for front row is worth it! The pools, activities and food was all first rate. We will be having many more get aways here:))
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"Wedding Guest"
Was in for a wedding, resort was beautiful, clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definetly be back.
3 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"Scam"
Very pricey for so so value. They tacked on a $35 fee just to stay there which was not apparent from the expedia booking unless you read all of the fine print.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Best Hotel on St. Pete Beach!"
Wow! This place is amazing!! It was so much bigger and had so much more to offer than we were expecting! I wish I knew about this place when my kids were a little younger. (They are 12 & 9). This resort has EVERYTHING you can imagine. Life size chess, mini golf, HUGE blow up water slides, best beach, pools, restaurants... I wish I planned our entire trip here. We flew into Tampa. Wanted to spend one day on the beach before heading to Orlando. Again, I wish we would have stayed here for our entire trip. Next vacation - that's exactly what we are going to do.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Shari
"A great hotel pick!"
We really enjoyed our stay. Everything was perfect! We went to a timeshare event and we did not feel in anyway pressured. They were very nice to us even though we didn't buy from them. The service was excellent! Highly recommend the Rum Fish Grill! We booked a regular room and they upgraded us to a ocean front studio w/kitchen without us asking. Worth the money. There is a 35.00 a night extra charge for the amentities but place is beautiful and if you want to feel like your in a Walt Disney resort then book it!
2 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Tammy and Dave
"Great Visit at Tradewinds"
Great place for the family. Lots to do just at the resort. Does have a resort fee, but several pools, right on the beach. Some activities are extra. Crafts, paddleboats, movie nights, game room, and of course the pool kept the kids busy. Lots of restaurants on site and also close by. Staff was courtesy, friendly and very helpful. Would definitely recommend for a family visit.
4 night family trip Sep 24, 2014
The trip was wonderful. Every restaurant that we ate at within the resort had excellent service and food. All the restaurants were on point! The last night there we decided to dine at Palm Court- that was the only below average experience we had our entire trip of 3 nights.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Mrs. Mehta
"Family friendly"
The hotel offered many amenities for all ages. Staff were friendly and helpful. The only complaint is that the mattresses should be replaced because they sink in the middle making for an uncomfortable nights rest.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Dawn
"Never again"
Walked through the lobby and I had to ask if the place was safe. Very lower socioeconomic and cultural class of the people staying that weekend. Place extremely loud. People near me were throwing furniture out the window and screaming the whole night. Management did nothing. Go to Loews Don Cesar, not 5 stars but acceptable.
Response by TradeWinds Island Grand
As the Guest Satisfaction Manager please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent Labor Day visit to the resort. Due to the fact that it was a holiday weekend, we were at 100% occupancy and had numerous activities on the property scheduled for the extended weekend. With regards to your comments related to the furniture issue, both management and our security department were fully aware of the situation and the guests were dealt with appropriately. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay, but I can assure you that type of behavior is not the norm at the TradeWinds. Please do not let this one experience prevent you from returning. Sincerely, Chris Metro Guest Satisfaction Manager TradeWinds Island Resort
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
We travel yearly in the Florida area for a family vacation. Th hotel was not as expected eventhough we paid twice as much as we did last year. The amenities are expensive. The advertisement are misleading. The hotel is old and run down.
2 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
"Bad parking over crowded pools."
Guest should be able to park two cars that was one a few disappointments also one pool was down and the others were so crowded, the room was very clean and there was plenty of activities. I would stay again but on a off season.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Bad cost performance for room"
Although photo of room looks good and spacy, it is very small living room and kitchen as well as bed room. In addition pool is really small. Cabana is provided based on the number of room. We had a suite and one bed room with 3 kids but only one cabana for pair sheet was allocated without no extra cabana even paid.
Response by TradeWinds Island Grand
Please accept my apologies for not meeting all of your expectations during your stay. Our primary goal is guest satisfaction to ensure that our guests thoroughly enjoy their vacation experience. We have many beach activities for to enjoy which include the High Tide Slide, Water Park, JetLev, the Triple Threat (surf board), and “Bucky” the Mechanical Shark to name just a few. We only have a limited number of cabanas during our busy season therefore that is the reason we limit the number available to 1 per room, based on availability. There are also a number of different room types available when setting a reservation directly through the hotel that are explained in detail by our staff depending on what your requests may be and the number of guests in your party. Please do not let this one experience deter you and your family from returning to the TradeWinds. Chris Metro Guest Satisfaction Manager
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Hiro
"Disappointing return trip - untrained beach staff"
We stayed at the Tradewinds two years ago, and looked forward to returning to share the experience with our family. We were sadly disappointed. While checking in, we were informed we couldn't get adjoining rooms, but a suite was suggested. The refrigerator didn't work. We asked for maintenance to fix it -- it was never fixed. After checking in, we were directed to another desk to pick up our parking voucher. Once there, we were hit up to sit through a timeshare spiel. We weren't aware that the resort had changed. We were tired and hungry from traveling, then asked to sit through a timeshare pitch. NO thank you! The room was dated, but clean -- the cleaning staff clearly works hard. The suite was fine, except for the refrigerator. The beds were small, but comfortable. There was a lot of construction going on. They were completely re-doing much of the hotel. There are signs at the beach warning about jellyfish and stingrays, if you go -- PLEASE be careful. The staff on the beach clearly doesn't have any training on how to deal with a stingray accident. My son had the misfortune of stepping on a stingray. Not one staff member on the beach knew what to do. One employee suggested we go to the urgent care "up the road". My son was having an allergic reaction, but nothing was done. I had to demand an ambulance be called because he temporarily lost his vision. It was 20-30 minutes before help was summoned. The treatment given on the beach was wrong. Return? NO!
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
"my room i booked was changed by hotel"
i have fun at hotel and all the exclusive things at the resort. i did'nt like all the charges on my bill when i checked out.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
C
Disappointed that we were charged a resort fee and due to weather the water inflatables were not available. Should have been a lesser fee!
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Norberto Torres Jr
"Fantastic stay!"
My husband and I got married at Tradewinds last weekend. We upgraded our room to a first floor, beach front room. It was gorgeous! The view was beautiful, the service was outstanding and we ha the best time visiting with our family and friends.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014