All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2500 Pennsylvania Ave Nw, Washington, DC, 20037, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great hotel and location"
My husband and I were in town for the 39th annual Marine Corps Marathon and the staff at the Avenue couldn't have been more helpful. Everyone was friendly and we loved that they gave us a late check out so that we could freshen up after the race. The room was very clean and stylish. It was only a short walk to the Foggy Bottom Metro station and a few blocks to Georgetown. I would stay here again!
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Great staff. Hotel well situated, but somewhat run down. Street noise woke us every night. More convenient locations are available, but decent value.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Fantastic experience"
We loved our stay at Avenue Suites. The best thing about the stay is the service from the people running the hotel. Everyone is friendly and made us feel at home every time we walked in the door. Everyone in both our parties were very impressed with how amazingly kind all the employees were each day. (from managers to the restaurant servers to the house keeping) I hope to return to DC soon and would love to stay there again.
6 night family trip Oct 13, 2014
Charlie
Had a great time. Rooms very clean, staff very nice and helpful. Would recommend to friends and would stay there agsin
4 night trip Oct 7, 2014
"Great hotel in NYC!"
Perfect location in TriBeCa. Nice neighborhood feel and not in the touristy area of midtown. I'd definitely stay here again for my next visit to NYC! Even has a subway station located adjacent to hotel. Great convenience for getting around the city on subway. Also close walking distance to SOHO and Little Italy.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Great place for a multi-day visit to DC!"
We had stayed at this property before when it was the Washington Suites and it was exactly wheat we needed and expected this time. My wife and I prefer to eat in and save $ - and the full kitchen (except an oven) and a Trader Joe's right across the street - it worked out very well. It is a 5 min walk to the Foggy Bottom / GWU Metro station and we were able to fly into Reagan and use the Metro to get to and from the airport and throughout our trip - no car rental or even a taxi to pay for. It was a great four day, three night trip and we saw everything we wanted to see and then some. And the staff at the Avenue Suites was very friendly and accomadating throughout our stay, from helping with an early check-in to providing any info we needed (thanks Sick & Izzy!). We will definitely stay at the Avenue Suites again if we go back to DC and we recommend you do the same.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Doug
"Near ideal stay for DC"
Excellent location-- close to Metro, within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. Strongly recommend booking/checking in early to avoid getting standard room (not suite) on lower floors which can be noisy and right next to street lights. The suites are nicely furnished and comfortable. Would be nice if free breakfast were included.
4 night family trip Sep 16, 2014
"Nice location"
The Hotel staff is excellent. The location was great. Trader Joes across the street and a Whole Food Market near the Metro. The Hotel was clean and well maintained. Our room was just ok. All in all a very nice stay.
3 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Mitch
"Good location, nice staff"
The pros are a convenient, fun location and a very friendly, helpful, staff. The suite we had was large and comfortable. The carpet was stained though, the toilet dripped constantly, there is no fan in the bathroom, and the door squeaked when opening/closing. Details, but for the price I expect a little more.
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2014
Mishy
"Room"
The bathroom was extremely small--- room for only one person at a time. The lack of drapes made it difficult to sleep in the bright room.
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2014
JJSheridan
"excellent hotel close to the center"
It was my first time travelling to Washington. The overall experience was amazing. Front desk was extremely helpful, polite, nice and friendly. They answered all my questions regarding some monument location, restaurants and stores. The view from the window is nice. Rooms are clean, not noisy. Once I came back to work, the first thing I did - I recommended this hotel to all my coworkers. I am already planning another visit next year. Thank you!
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Olga
"Clean, Modern & Convenient"
Stayed over the weekend at Avenue Suites. Everyone who worked there was friendly, welcoming and helpful. The décor is modern and clean. It is about a five minute walk (or less) to the nearest subway station which was very convenient. Stayed on the first floor and my only nit-picking complaint was there were no curtains (only blinds) so a lot of light came in and we could hear street noise. Nothing we couldn't deal with. Cute area with restaurants and shopping near the hotel and only a 20 minute walk to the White House and Lincoln Memorial. Would stay here again.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Danielle
Convenient location and a nice interior. Will spend another nights when I visit my son in DC
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Everything we needed for our family in DC"
This was a wonderful place to for our family of 4 to stay while visiting Washington DC last week. We have 2 teenagers and the space afforded by the queen suite was perfect. The kids were able to stay up later in the living area watching TV/computers while we retired to the bedroom area. I also appreciated the kitchen area and the set-up of the bathroom (separate sink area outside the bathroom/shower). The location could not have been better. Trader Joe's and the Circulator bus helped keep our stay within budget. I highly recommend this hotel for families.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Laurel
"Great location, great staff"
Had a great time, hope to stay there again. Staff was just great.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Nice Hotel close to Georgetown and Foggy Bottom"
We came to DC by car to visit Colleges and to spend time with family.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Great location and a super friendly staff"
Located about nine blocks from the White House and about four blocks from the great shopping district of Georgetown. You will not find a nicer area in downtown DC, There's a Trader Joe's across the street to stock up on all the food and snacks you would like, we had a fully equipped suite so this was very convenient. The people behind the desk were super helpful and kind, I cannot say enough about their awesomeness. I will be staying here again and I have already recommended them to friends. Great place all around.
2 night trip Aug 12, 2014
James M. Collum
"Fabulous facility, service and location"
Excellent overall experience. Staff very helpful and friendly. Know the city well. Close to metro for convenience. In-room kitchen great for families. Trader Joe's right across the street & other stores within walking distance. Updated décor and amenities. Clean. Quiet. Quaint patio, bar/restaurant. When we go back to D.C., we will definitely stay there again. Price was great for high level of quality.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Great hotel, perfect location"
Great hotel in absolutely perfect location. Cannot say enough -would stay in this hotel again in a heartbeat. No pool but you don't miss it at all.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Nicole
"6 weeks on - still waiting for room deposit back"
Avenue Suites was generally a very nice hotel to stay in. Staff were courteous and efficient. It was well located. Suites were spacious and comfortable. Unfortunately it is now 6 weeks since I stayed here and despite numerous emails back and forth, and a couple of telephone calls, I am still waiting for my money to be returned. I have spent so much time and effort trying to recover my money it's not funny. I have been told the money has been released but to date it has not been deposited in my account. It is an extremely frustrating situation and through no fault of my own I still remain without my security deposit.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Sinead
"My 25th birthday"
This was a very nice hotel and in a very good neighborhood.. Walking distance from Dupont Circle, little shops and eateries.. Loved the hotel setting very laid back.. Very spacious for my friends and I...
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
ashley
"Great Hotel and Great location"
My family and I had a great experience at the Avenue Suites. The staff is friendly and we enjoyed our spacious room. We didn't eat there but many restaurants and a supermarket is within reach. I recommend that the hotel, like many others, offers breakfast as part of the daily rate. However, we enjoyed our short stay and we hope to come back to it again.
Hesham
"Close to metro and Trader Joe's; yeah!!"
Loved the location and view from our windows. Very comfortable too!
3 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"Walking distance to Georgetown and subway."
A few blocks from subway with access to all the sites of Washington DC. Easy walk to Georgetown. Convenient access to a high end grocer and restaurants.Limited parking area, late arrival so I had to seek my own parking. During the week parking garages close at 9-930pm. Hotel staff directed me to potential parking garage that was gated and closed.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Becky
"Perfect place to stay!"
The only place we found suites for a reasonable price. There was a glitch in our reservation and they not only accommodated us, they gave us free breakfast and didn't charge us for the cot we needed for a limited time. The shower head in our first room was wonderful! Unfortunately, they need to update all the suites with new shower heads. The staff was incredibly friendly, helpful and efficient. Each host/hostess was friendly and eager to help. The wait staff was efficient and courteous. Every staff member we encountered remembered us from day to day and asked specific questions relating to our day. Tim at the front desk was exceptional in helping us in an emergency situation and remained calm! The bellmen were knowledgeable. Every dining recommendation any of the staff gave us was spot on! The location was just a block or so from the metro station, you could see Trader Joe's from the front door and right over the overpass to Georgetown. We will absolutely stay here again!
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Linda Marie
"wonderful place to stay"
Great location on the edge of Georgetown and Foggy Bottom. Large bedroom and adjoining sitting room, with a full kitchen (including dishwasher). Great service. Parking is expensive, but so is all the parking in the area.
4 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Duke
"Very pleased, would definately stay again"
All of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel was very nice and comfortable and we had more than enough space. Excellent accommodations for the price.
4 night business trip Jul 16, 2014
Angelia
"Simply wonderful!"
Where do I start with the wonderful attributes of this hotel? From the super friendly and professional staff to the awesome location, it can't be beat, especially for a long stay in DC with kids. We stayed a week with our kids and the room was spacious and comfortable. Walking distance to two metros as well as the circulator bus to the metro was great. Also, having a grocery store across the street was very convenient since we had a full kitchen in our suite. The kitchen is minimally stocked with the basics, especially when it comes to cookware. Curiously no spatula, collander or salad/mixing bowl or cookie sheet--making pizza was a problem because it dripped and set off the alarms. These were provided to me when I asked --and since we live close by my husband was able to bring me some items from home--but I guess they are not standard room items. so if you plan to do a lot of cooking, come prepared or be prepared to ask for items. The bar and restaurant were very nice and had great food. We loved hanging out on the outdoor sofas and just relaxing after a long day of sightseeing. Despite the shortcomings of the kitchen, this was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had in my 30 plus years of traveling and living around the world. We are already making our plans to go back next year for the week. Truly a great place and you can sense the pride and professionalism of the staff.
7 night family trip Jul 6, 2014
kelly s
"Nice hotel great location"
Great hotel room clean and big! Pet friendly even had dog happy hour during our stay!!
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
howard
staff: friendly, welcoming, knowledgeable location: easy walk to Georgetown, Rock Creek walking path, Foggy Bottom Metro. Capital Bikeshare station across the street. room: comfortable. large windows.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
The hotel was very nice. Close to the Metro. Just missing the ability to get ice for the room.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Very friendly and helpful staff, excellent location and can get anywhere in DC easily. Will def come back
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
christine
"Very pleased with our stay"
We were pleased with our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was only a couple of blocks from the metro line. The room was clean but there were some minor things that could have been done to improve the room quality. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Nice hotel, great location!!"
The staff was really great! The hotel was in a great location really close to subway and Georgetown university.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Roxanne
"Good location, Nice room"
Having a one bedroom gave us more space for our family of 5. There was a separate living area with a pull out couch and tv in addition to the bedroom. The Avenue Suites was in a good location and within walking distance to Georgetown restaurants and shops. It was close to the train stops and a short cab ride to mall. The room was modern and clean. The only con was that it would have been nice to have a pool to cool off in after walking around in the heat all day. We were very happy with our choice and would recommend it especially to families who want more space than a standard hotel room.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Great location to lots of sights"
We really enjoyed the hotel. It was like a little apartment. We enjoyed not being crammed into 1 room for a week. It is close to the Metro. In walking distance to The White House and Georgetown. Lots of restaurants nearby. Trader Joe's across the street. The staff is extremely friendly and very eager to help answer any questions about the area. We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and stay here again when we are in the area.
5 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
Lee
I had a nice stay there even though I was gone most of the time. Front desk was nice. Great location. Restaurants in each corner. Bike rental right across the street. I would come back and stay.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"very nice stay"
Hotel is an upscale lovely hotel near georgetown..lots of great places to eat you can walk to...hop on and off for bus tour....night tour was great...you can get tickets in hotel. Only complaint is that the bathroom is very small...they should have made a pocket door since it gets in the way....Mojiotos were waiting for us when we returned from sight seeing.....excellent hotel
2 night trip Jul 1, 2014
michael nagy
"Convenient to Washington DC Metro and the sights"
Booked the King Suite for 2 weeks to see all the Washington Dc sights. Our grandson has used the sofa bed and has been quite happy. The kitchen has the basics and has been adequate for preparing 22 of 27 meals we have eaten during our stay so far. Trader Joes and Whole Foods are within walking distance and provide a good selection of foods and beverages. Foggy Bottom Metro Station is about an 8 minute walk from the hotel. We have also used the guest laundry to replenish our clothes. The hotel also made arrangements for a very comfortable ride from Dulles Airport.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Romona
"Perfect location!"
Took the family - was a perfect location and the room was exactly what we needed!
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Marybeth
"Excelent Experience"
Very well located. The staff is wonderful specially Tricia, "my angel". She helped me with everything and made all my plans so easy. She is the best!!! I really like this Hotel, the location is the best in case you go to visit Universities. I really would stay there again!!!
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Silvia
"Excellent hotel close to Lincoln Memorial."
Beautiful hotel with very friendly staff. Close to DC monuments and memorials. Also easy walk to a variety of restaurants.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Everything about this hotel met or exceeded our expectations. Room 812 is probably the best room to have away from the traffic both inside and outside the hotel. The only thing that would make this hotel better would be if it were closer to the monuments and other sites to see.
5 night family trip Jun 14, 2014
mm27
"First Family Trip to DC"
From the time we walked in, it was inviting and beautiful. Our son has a health condition and we needed to check in early to make sure his medication was in a cool environment. The hotel staff let us check in at 12pm with no issues. That was a star right off the bat for me. The workout facilty was clean and had everything we needed. The housekeeping staff was amazing, everyday they would make our room look like we just checked in and even folded my son's clothes. The location is GREAT! We could not have asked for a better location, especially traveling with a 13 year old boy. I highly recommend this hotel, and I am very picky about where I stay.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Pam
"my new place in DC"
easy walk to Georgetown, 5 min walk to Foggy Bottom metro station, grocery close by, rooms a little small for a suite, comfortable beds, staff was exceptional! prices much better than place we stayed at before.
7 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Great location and staff"
Stayed for 5 nights. Had a separate full kitchen with fridge, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, garbage disposal, dishes, silverware, and even a dishwasher. Kitchen could use some updating and cleaning. The microwave and oven were dirty! Separate bathroom with sink, toilet and shower and then another area with another sink and counter space to get ready. Had a table and chairs for meals and separate living space and bedroom. 2 TV's, a desk and a safe. The friendly staff had cold refreshing adult beverages waiting upon our return during a hot day out sight-seeing. Price seemed about right for the area we were in. It is in a very busy part of the city and close to a hospital so there is a lot of street noise and sirens. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom and no way of running a fan for the air without it freezing in the room. Ended up buying a fan to drown out some of the noise, but I'm a very light sleeper so this may not be an issue for some. Was about a 3 to 5 minute walk to the metro so it was easy to get to all the sights of D.C. including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetary, National Zoo, etc. Also has a Trader Joe's across the street for groceries.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Jen
"Perfect for families"
Our stay at Avenue Suites was fantastic. The accommodations were perfect for our family of five. We enjoyed the full kitchen for a quick breakfast and snacks and loved the close proximity to the metro and bus stop. The staff were very friendly and incredibly gracious. We highly recommend and would definitely stay again.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Dfisher
"Great hotel, near all the D.C. Attractions"
Staff was super helpful, love the mojito evening reception!! Trader Joes is less than a block away, so we took advantage of the full kitchen and saved a ton on food costs. Close to the foggy bottom metro station. I would highly recommend this place.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Kera
"Excellent value"
A very practical way to stay in DC. Full kitchen, very nice people, and real suites, not just large rooms.
4 night trip Jun 8, 2014
"Great Jumping Off Point!"
With an active family ( cyclist dad, runner mom, teenage twin boys), we were able to trek all over DC from this location. Our room was spacious and clean. The staff were top notch. Highly recommended!!!
Other trip Jun 11, 2014