All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
525 Spruce St, San Diego, CA, 92103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Roof Top views amazing!!!"
Stayed for our Daughter's wedding. Inn at the Park was just a couple of minutes away. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. The roof top views were amazing.
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Jo Ann
"Great, but a concern.."
Would have gotten 5's across the board, but when the power went out in the neighborhood for about 12 hours, was troubled by the fact that there was no functioning emergency lighting in hallways, etc. Staff put out glowrods and lanterns, but that can't be up to code!
4 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
Roger
"Wonderful"
We enjoyed all of the time we were there for a wedding.Everyone was very helpful from Restaurants to directions. The room was really nice and the view from the 7th floor was great. We will be back
2 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
Jannel
"Tune down the timeshare emphasis"
We loved the hotel, but I hated the constant pressure to attend a timeshare presentation. I understand this hotel has just changed over to being a time and they want to sell timeshares, but this took what I would consider to be a great hotel experience and turned it into an average hotel. Every time we passes the front desk we were asked to attend a timeshare presentation.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Lovely remodeled hotel"
Stayed here three years ago for my Nieces wedding during renovations, wonderful job....love the location and old Art Deco feel.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
Teresa
"Renovated hotel near Balboa Park"
We enjoyed our two-night stay at Inn at The Park. We liked best its location next to Balboa Park. We did not realize it was a timeshare property when we booked; we could have done without the associated sales pitches (or rather, pre-sales pitches, encouraging us to attend information sessions). Staff was attentive; we got a couple of calls to our room to make sure our stay was going well. There was a bit of funny smell in the room throughout our stay--perhaps from cleaning products? We got used to it once we were in the room for a short time so it wasn't bad enough to complain about. Otherwise, the (very spacious) room was nicely decorated, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom well equipped, and the kitchenette seemed well supplied (although we did not use it). We did not mind the lack of housekeeping during our short stay. We appreciated the extra towels in the bathroom. Besides being convenient to the park, the hotel is a short walk from the Hillcrest neighborhood, with many good restaurants. This stay was a good value.
Other trip May 4, 2015
DeboChicago
"Nice place central location"
A little uncomfortable refusing the time share sales pitch. LGBT flag was a surprise. Room walls a little thin, noisy neighbors.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Marie
"Royal treatment"
I love inn at the park! The neighborhood was great. Close to everything and quite. The room was outstanding, I felt like royalty!
3 night trip Apr 20, 2015
"Studio Apt"
Part of Wyndham Resorts timeshare so no daily maid service. It was great to have a full kitchen!
2 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Claire
"Lovely hotel - near Balboa Park"
Our rooms (suite)were very large and beautiful - very clean; staff very friendly. Convenient to Park and Zoo Note: there is no onsite dining BUT an easy walk to delicious restaurants. Hash House suggested by concierge was amazingly delicious - however portion size is gigantic- suite does have a refrigerator and well appointed kitchen if you want to take home leftovers.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Lonni
"Family Getaway"
There was no restaurant nearby, that would be my only complaint. Staff was friendly and accomadating. Nice roof top seating area.
4 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Deborah
"Lovely"
Love all the little features in the rooms, was comfortable and relaxing!
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Fabulous stay! Friendly staff who DID try to introduce the timeshare option however I immediately cut the conversation and firmly srated I had tired children who needed to get to the room and wasn't interested. They were not pushy at got the point politely. The staff was very friendly and helpfu.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Nice Hotel, but changes if you've been here before"
First - This is an older hotel is in a beautiful location which borders Balboa park and the Hillcrest neighborhood. The rooms are spacious, modern, and have kitchens. The San Diego Zoo is an easy walk through the beautiful park, and you also have easy access to downtown and the Gaslight area. The airport is 15 minutes away. However, if you have stayed here before, you should know this hotel is currently changing to an ownership model and a few things have changed. There is no longer the restaurant/bar/breakfast on the roof. In addition, the restaurant/piano bar in the lower level is gone as well (currently empty). We, like many others, were sad to see this go. The entertainment was always fun here. The rooms are nicely appointed, however you do get noise from the people above, so beware (it's an old hotel). The staff are very friendly. We were warned to avoid the "ownership pitch / phone call", and we did. We were sorry to see so many changes here in the ownership model. We probably will not return here after coming here for many years based on the changes.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Don
I had a wonderful experience. However, I was able to avoid any of the pressure to attend a timeshare meeting. I think I achieved this by not returning any messages to receive the "welcome" package.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Wonderful time at the Inn"
I truly enjoyed my stay here. It's like a very cute boutique hotel. I would stay again. It was close to the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park. The kitchen came in handy. The staff seemed genuinely nice and wanted to make sure we maximized our stay. Parking could have been better, but the young men in valet were wonderful, polite and helpful. I didn't care to watch the timeshare presentation, and would have preferred not to be solicited after our initial answer of disinterest. However, I'm sure they have to ask and were just doing their job. Overall, the trip was a success.
3 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Sarina
"Ok, not great"
No breakfast provided.. this was really bad and not informed in advance.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"A perfect hotel in San Diego"
Excellent
3 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
Ines
"Awesome hotel, highly recommended"
Wow this totally exceeded my expectation, would definitely recommend to anyone! With a 11000+ people convention in town, I ended up booking this hotel with a very reasonable rate and wasn't expecting much. However, it exceeded my expectation in every way. The king studio room I booked was so big, with a walk in closet and fully functional kitchen with stove and even a dishwasher! The decor was very tasteful and I later learned that this used to be an apartment building, no wonder I felt like being at home rather than at a hotel. The receptionists and concierge were both super helpful and friendly, they give you a list of restaurants including their recommendations, which is very helpful. The neighborhood is very safe and I walked to dinner everyday-- lots of restaurants to choose from within 10 min walking distance. Parking on the street was not hard, to my surprise-- free! Overall, this is so much better than chain hotels considering its uniqueness, service, location, and price. Highly recommended!
3 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"Great hotel for a fantastic price."
This hotel was recently remodeled, and is absolutely gorgeous. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and modern. It is an "extended stay" style of hotel, so be aware that your room will not be cleaned each day. Well worth it considering it was $75 cheaper than anything else in the area.
3 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Neil
"Loved it. Exceeded my expectations."
large room, tastefully appointed, friendly staff, great location, cute property and room
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Great hotel in an amazing area"
Was in San Diego visiting friends and decided to stay here based primarily on location--walking distance to bars and restaurants, as well as Balboa Park. This hotel exceeded my expectations on all fronts. The room was spacious and well decorated, staff was incredibly friendly, and I loved that it was an older building kept in great condition. The bed was amazing--I stay in hotels multiple times a month for business so somewhat of an authority here, and I really appreciate that they had a lightweight blanket on the bed in addition to sheets and a comforter--almost no hotel has that! One major issue was having to pay for wifi, per device...haven't seen this at a hotel in years. But I would definitely return!
2 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Renovated"
We'd stayed at the Inn by the Park about 4-5 years ago- and it's been completely renovated from funky to art deco- a beautiful place to stay.
2 night trip with friends Jan 27, 2015
Nina
"Space place"
Glad to give up hotel concept for vacation condo. More space in living-sleeping-eating area as well as bathroom.
3 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Wonderful deal in a great location"
Excellent stay!
4 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
"2 nights from boca"
Great location for the zoo
2 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
"Charming and modern"
Beautiful location. Close to so many great neighborhoods of San Diego, and literally across the street from Balboa Park. Great staff and stylish rooms.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Inn At The Park, New Years Stay"
My wife and I stayed ther for three nights over the New Years Holiday because it is close to where our son lives. His place is small, so we opted for the hotel. The room was very large and comfortable. The do need to up date their windows though to cut down on the outside noise. Steady stream of ambulances heading to the hospital could be heard loud and clear! Also, the bedroom requires something more then just blinds. They need to add some type of room darkening drapes.
3 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Good place near the park"
Hotel was next to my son's place. This is why we selected this hotel instead of the Kimpton downtown. I did not like the timeshare sales pitch when I checked in. A little pushy.
4 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
chester
The only annoying part of our stay is their persistence in trying to get us to attend their timeshare sales pitch.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"The Inn at the Park pleases..."
The Inn. at the Park recently joined the Wyndham chain and is undergoing upgrades. We had stayed before when it was the Park Manor and the upgrades are very welcome! The suites are stylish and comfortable and the location on Hillcrest near at Balboa Park and near restaurants is convenient.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Rafael
"Inn at the Park Review"
Great place! Hallways are grungy old looking, but the room I stayed was very nice with a fully furnished kitchen. Neighborhood is great, there's usually plenty of places to park on the street. Staff was nice, except for the vacation group from Wyndham trying to schedule a 90 min presentation every time I pass through the lobby.
3 night business trip Oct 18, 2014
"This Hotel is Now a Timeshare"
If you stay here make sure you request that you stay on the 6th floor because when people walk on the floor above you (we were on the 5th floor) you can hear the floor creak and the pipes in the walls make a horrific screeching noise (hotel staff is aware of this and apologized so this isn't going to change anytime soon.) Also, be aware that this hotel is trying to convert to a time share so you are constantly approached (in-person and by notes slipped under your door) about your "free gift" if you want to listen to their sales pitch. In addition, because it is a time share hotel staff does not clean your room, make your bed, give you fresh towels, soap, shampoo, etc. unless you request it (be aware that there is a $65.00 charge for fresh sheets if you request them.) Of course, this begs the question why hotel staff was wandering around our room when they don't do anything while you are staying there (we asked and were told by a second hotel staff member that yes, they should make your bed and give you fresh towels and that we had been misinformed by the person we spoke to the day before but who knows if this information is true.) Further, whenever anyone pushes the button for the elevator you can hear a "buzzing" noise in your room. Finally, when staff was cleaning other people's room they are loud and slam the other hotel room doors over and over and over again. So, in closing if you are looking for a relaxing time SD...don't stay here.
3 night romance trip Sep 12, 2014
Too much road noise, guests upstairs drove us slightly crazy, complained to desk, helped a little bit - running, jumping, moving things around...., three days straight! ! Down by the beach next time.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
The location was great and close to Hillcrest and restaurants. The room was amazing and the front staff Robyn was great! My only issue was that the concierge tried to get me to do a time share with them. Not sure if they are trasitioning from a regualr hotel or what the deal was. He was very persistant and I was really just there for a fun weekend. I talked to the font desk and they made sure that I wasnt bother again about it. Just left a bit of bade taste in my mouth. If it hadent been for that the rest of the stay was great!
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Wonderful and comfortable rooms, BUT...."
The rooms are well suited for multi-day stay, which we hope to come back to do. The large-large sofa contained 2 separate pull-out beds!! Balboa Park and excellent restaurants all within walking distance. The rooms were clean, beautiful, comfortable and relaxing. However, the staff could use some customer service training, and the timeshare people were a bit aggressive for us, even though we were interested in timeshare after we found the facilities to be so great.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Happy Camper
"Mixed feelings"
The Hotel served our purpose well. We were within walking distance of all we wanted to do. The people were very courteous but our rooms were not well stocked after our initial arrival- had to ask for wash clothes, then hand towels, then soap. But it was clean and comfortable.
6 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"No longer has a restaurant and bar!!"
For years I have been staying off and on at Inn at the Park. The reason is that it is close to Balboa Park and the Hillcrest district., and it had a nice restaurant and bar. The new owners have removed the restaurant and bar. That is unfortunate because this will be my last stay there. The place has completely lost it's charming ambiance it once had. It is now merely a pretentious, overpriced piece of fluff!
1 night business trip Jun 26, 2014
Roy
"Hidden Gem"
Like having your own apartment in SD. This was truly an unexpected pleasure. the rooms are Impeccably decorated and maintained. Construction on the outside, but perfect on the inside. The drawbacks are a slow elevator and no restaurant or room service. But I got a room with a FULL sized refrig and stovetop/microwave. Absolutely, my new favorite place to stay in San Diego.
2 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Renata
"Amazing room!"
The hotel is a little dated and the hallways smell musky but the rooms were clean, modern, and went beyond my expectations. I will definitely be staying there again in the future!
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2014
Had no idea it was a time share which finally explained why they didn't come and make up the beds
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
"Nice rooms"
The hotel was nice, clean and very modern. The walls are a little thin, but I think that is the case with most older buildings. I didn't find the bed to be very comfy. Having a full size kitchen was a nice change, especially when traveling with a toddler that must eat first thing in the morning. The most disappointing part of our stay was that there was no pool. It would have been nice if they could include one…maybe on the roof, since there is limited space. But other than that, our stay was pleasant.
2 night family trip Jun 4, 2014
"They didn't have Housekeeping!!!"
They never warned me they temporarily would not offer Housekeeping! Don't offer breakfast.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Cute little boutique hotel"
Our room was adorable and very comfortable. It was very spacious and had every amenity we could need. The kithchen was very well stocked. As stated in other reviews, the interiorer noise was minimal however the road/outside noise was quite loud. Ambulances sounded like they were coming thru the room as did the construction down the street that started at 7:00am.
2 night trip May 21, 2014
"Only one quibble...."
Second time for me and a buddy. Excellent hotel. New owners are keeping up the quality except they shut down the complimentary breakfast and the Top of the Park restaurant -bar. Really missed that but otherwise it's a winner. Very nice rooms and service.
3 night trip May 8, 2014
This hotel is one half of a building that used to be all private residences, so the room was indeed a suite with kitchen, eating area, sitting area (with a 16 foot sofa) , bath and walk in closet. The only thing it did not have was a tub. Parking in the hotel lot was Valet only, but there was some available parking on the street. This big nice room and the location on Balboa park made this and ideal choice for us
2 night trip May 13, 2014
"greatlocation"
my room was nice. nice kitchen and bathroom. the bed was a little hard but ok. There was a stale smell in the room that woke me in the middle of the night. It was a musty stale odor. Everything else was fine.
2 night trip May 10, 2014
k. schmidt
"Amazing room for a great price!"
When my girlfriend and I first arrived we walked in to the beutiful lobby and were greeted by a very nice man named jeffery. He told us that this hotel was made in the 20s and as he explained how the celing and floors were all original we could see that he really loved this building. When we got to the room it was very clean and felt like a breakfast at tiffinays apartmant. My girlfriend and I have passes to the san diego zoo and when ever we go from now we are staying at this hotel. Fantastic room, service, and price.
2 night romance trip May 6, 2014
Alex
Beautiful and comfortable room, excellent location, helpful service, affordable price - couldn't ask for a better hotel
2 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Good option for the money"
Pros: Good sizes rooms. Clean. Good customer service. We booked a 2 bedroom unit and it actually had two beds in each bedroom. Separate dining and living rooms. Cons: Just one bathroom in a 2 bedroom suite! There were 6 of us (two families) so you can only imagine the inconvenience. No vent in the bathroom. Old building, but if you are into it, you will like it (I personally prefer modern). Overall good option though.
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2014