All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America

• Bar
    Standard bar
    Food is not good
    Bad breakfast
"Great hotel, annoying sales"
Hotel room was very comfortable, complete with kitchen. The sales were persistent and annoying. They would call morning and night, even waking up my kids. Also there is only one old elevator due to the historic nature of the building, and the wait during check out is long for the elevator. The location is next to the park which was nice.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2016
Catherine
Close to Hillcrest and extraordinary desserts in balboa park!
3 night family trip Jan 12, 2016
We were expecting to be greeted with an introduction to the Wyndham timeshare pitch, so we were prepared to decline. However, upon learning that both my partner and I were under the age of 25, the pitch was immediately stopped and we were left alone about it for the rest of our stay. The hotel was very nice, about a mile from the Museum District in Balboa Park (a beautiful morning walk) and just about as far from the Gaslamp District (great for food and night life). I highly recommend Inn at the Park, especially for an extended stay (the full kitchen was convenient).
2 night romance trip Jan 12, 2016
Ashley
"Beware of the timeshare!"
This is a timeshare property and the staff are very persistent in trying to get you to attend sales meetings. Be warned!
3 night business trip Dec 9, 2015
"Great place at a terrific price!"
I always book the Inn at the Park when in San Diego for work. I like the neighborhood rather than downtown or hotel circle. It feels more local. The hotel rooms are huge and clean with full kitchens. There is no housekeeping except to change your towels.
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
Mathew
The stay was nice, windows weren't double-pane so the noise level of the area is a bit loud. The walls are also thin so noise is a big factor. Great walking distance to everything though. We were not impressed with getting a "Preview" selling-pitch right when we checked in. It's part of Wyndham Vacation Resorts, not a hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
"Order-in so you can enjoy your room!"
We loved this hotel. I'll be coming back for sure. Very comfortable, HUGE rooms, blackout window in living room. Only issue I had was a little street noise outside but I travel with earplugs anyways. Kitchenette was very nice to have. Wish my stay was longer.
2 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
Marketing Department
"Rather stay near Seaport Village"
It is a bit far from downtown San Diego (about a mile or so from Gaslamp) but it was right next to Bolboa Park. You have to pay about $5 to use the wifi.
2 night business trip Nov 4, 2015
"Experience at the Inn at the Park"
Was extremely disappointed, due to the fact that our reservation had been mixed up and there was not a room available, even though personnel from the hotel had called on 9/4/15 with confirmation.It took the hotel manager approximately 1 1/2 hours to inform us that they did not have a room available. They made arrangement for us to stay at the Sommerset Suites. I had checked out the area since it was across the street from Balboa Park, so was disappointed at not staying there and never did get a reason for the mix up in hotel arrangement dates...
4 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
FAYE
"stay"
Room very elegant furnishings , quiet, spacious. Air conditioning (add on unit) never got my room cool! It was exceptionally hot while I was there No restaurant or coffee shop. High Pressure sales "property" pitch very annoying. Hotel lobby not air conditioned. Hotel staff very helpful.
2 night trip Sep 9, 2015
richard
Service was excellent. Staff were consistently pleasant, polite, and helpful.
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
"Expect the unexpected."
Now part of the Wyndham 'resort' properties. Pleasant easy check-in and staff were nice through my brief stay. They wanted to know if I was an 'owner'. That question came up a lot. No, just a hotel guest. After check in I was insisted to talk to the concierge before going to my room. Once there she tried to sell me on their 'free' breakfast about their opportunities to own etc. No thank you. They call the place a 'resort'. It's reasonable looking but still a hotel not a resort. Apparently renovated top floor, but no nice restaurant or fun bar in the ground floor anymore - that's under renovation for the future. Fortunately inexpensive good food was nearby. The room was clean and spacious with full kitchen. While most of it was updated, carpeting was old and wrinkled like the last time I was there in another room. Park across the street for free overnight on the side of Balboa Park except Wednesday nights. One reason I stayed here was proximity to where I needed to be the next day and the nearby free parking. So many other hotels nearby in an 'affordable' range of fees have very limited parking and not very good reviews because of it. I used a Hotels.com free night but still had to pay a bit since even the discounted rate was higher than the limit of the free room night coverage. Since I was constantly being 'sold to' like I a free trip there, I wasted my hotels.com 'free night' in a way! Not likely to stay here again.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2015
Richard P
"Roof Top views amazing!!!"
Stayed for our Daughter's wedding. Inn at the Park was just a couple of minutes away. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. The roof top views were amazing.
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Jo Ann
"Great, but a concern.."
Would have gotten 5's across the board, but when the power went out in the neighborhood for about 12 hours, was troubled by the fact that there was no functioning emergency lighting in hallways, etc. Staff put out glowrods and lanterns, but that can't be up to code!
4 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
Roger
"Liked old hotel before remodel to timeshare"
Mostly timeshare resort with weekly housekeeping. Tiny gym. Wonderful top floor largely devoted to time share staff sales offices. Concierge staff unfamiliar with neighborhood restaurants; tried to send me downtown to eat.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
coastal
"Wonderful"
We enjoyed all of the time we were there for a wedding.Everyone was very helpful from Restaurants to directions. The room was really nice and the view from the 7th floor was great. We will be back
2 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
Jannel
"Tune down the timeshare emphasis"
We loved the hotel, but I hated the constant pressure to attend a timeshare presentation. I understand this hotel has just changed over to being a time and they want to sell timeshares, but this took what I would consider to be a great hotel experience and turned it into an average hotel. Every time we passes the front desk we were asked to attend a timeshare presentation.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Lovely remodeled hotel"
Stayed here three years ago for my Nieces wedding during renovations, wonderful job....love the location and old Art Deco feel.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
Teresa
"Renovated hotel near Balboa Park"
We enjoyed our two-night stay at Inn at The Park. We liked best its location next to Balboa Park. We did not realize it was a timeshare property when we booked; we could have done without the associated sales pitches (or rather, pre-sales pitches, encouraging us to attend information sessions). Staff was attentive; we got a couple of calls to our room to make sure our stay was going well. There was a bit of funny smell in the room throughout our stay--perhaps from cleaning products? We got used to it once we were in the room for a short time so it wasn't bad enough to complain about. Otherwise, the (very spacious) room was nicely decorated, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom well equipped, and the kitchenette seemed well supplied (although we did not use it). We did not mind the lack of housekeeping during our short stay. We appreciated the extra towels in the bathroom. Besides being convenient to the park, the hotel is a short walk from the Hillcrest neighborhood, with many good restaurants. This stay was a good value.
Other trip May 4, 2015
DeboChicago
"Nice place central location"
A little uncomfortable refusing the time share sales pitch. LGBT flag was a surprise. Room walls a little thin, noisy neighbors.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Marie
"Royal treatment"
I love inn at the park! The neighborhood was great. Close to everything and quite. The room was outstanding, I felt like royalty!
3 night trip Apr 20, 2015
"Studio Apt"
Part of Wyndham Resorts timeshare so no daily maid service. It was great to have a full kitchen!
2 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Claire
"Lovely hotel - near Balboa Park"
Our rooms (suite)were very large and beautiful - very clean; staff very friendly. Convenient to Park and Zoo Note: there is no onsite dining BUT an easy walk to delicious restaurants. Hash House suggested by concierge was amazingly delicious - however portion size is gigantic- suite does have a refrigerator and well appointed kitchen if you want to take home leftovers.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Lonni
"Family Getaway"
There was no restaurant nearby, that would be my only complaint. Staff was friendly and accomadating. Nice roof top seating area.
4 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Deborah
"Lovely"
Love all the little features in the rooms, was comfortable and relaxing!
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Fabulous stay! Friendly staff who DID try to introduce the timeshare option however I immediately cut the conversation and firmly srated I had tired children who needed to get to the room and wasn't interested. They were not pushy at got the point politely. The staff was very friendly and helpfu.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Nice Hotel, but changes if you've been here before"
First - This is an older hotel is in a beautiful location which borders Balboa park and the Hillcrest neighborhood. The rooms are spacious, modern, and have kitchens. The San Diego Zoo is an easy walk through the beautiful park, and you also have easy access to downtown and the Gaslight area. The airport is 15 minutes away. However, if you have stayed here before, you should know this hotel is currently changing to an ownership model and a few things have changed. There is no longer the restaurant/bar/breakfast on the roof. In addition, the restaurant/piano bar in the lower level is gone as well (currently empty). We, like many others, were sad to see this go. The entertainment was always fun here. The rooms are nicely appointed, however you do get noise from the people above, so beware (it's an old hotel). The staff are very friendly. We were warned to avoid the "ownership pitch / phone call", and we did. We were sorry to see so many changes here in the ownership model. We probably will not return here after coming here for many years based on the changes.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Don
I had a wonderful experience. However, I was able to avoid any of the pressure to attend a timeshare meeting. I think I achieved this by not returning any messages to receive the "welcome" package.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Wonderful time at the Inn"
I truly enjoyed my stay here. It's like a very cute boutique hotel. I would stay again. It was close to the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park. The kitchen came in handy. The staff seemed genuinely nice and wanted to make sure we maximized our stay. Parking could have been better, but the young men in valet were wonderful, polite and helpful. I didn't care to watch the timeshare presentation, and would have preferred not to be solicited after our initial answer of disinterest. However, I'm sure they have to ask and were just doing their job. Overall, the trip was a success.
3 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Sarina
"Ok, not great"
No breakfast provided.. this was really bad and not informed in advance.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"A perfect hotel in San Diego"
Excellent
3 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
Ines
"Awesome hotel, highly recommended"
Wow this totally exceeded my expectation, would definitely recommend to anyone! With a 11000+ people convention in town, I ended up booking this hotel with a very reasonable rate and wasn't expecting much. However, it exceeded my expectation in every way. The king studio room I booked was so big, with a walk in closet and fully functional kitchen with stove and even a dishwasher! The decor was very tasteful and I later learned that this used to be an apartment building, no wonder I felt like being at home rather than at a hotel. The receptionists and concierge were both super helpful and friendly, they give you a list of restaurants including their recommendations, which is very helpful. The neighborhood is very safe and I walked to dinner everyday-- lots of restaurants to choose from within 10 min walking distance. Parking on the street was not hard, to my surprise-- free! Overall, this is so much better than chain hotels considering its uniqueness, service, location, and price. Highly recommended!
3 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"Great hotel for a fantastic price."
This hotel was recently remodeled, and is absolutely gorgeous. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and modern. It is an "extended stay" style of hotel, so be aware that your room will not be cleaned each day. Well worth it considering it was $75 cheaper than anything else in the area.
3 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Neil
"Loved it. Exceeded my expectations."
large room, tastefully appointed, friendly staff, great location, cute property and room
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Great hotel in an amazing area"
Was in San Diego visiting friends and decided to stay here based primarily on location--walking distance to bars and restaurants, as well as Balboa Park. This hotel exceeded my expectations on all fronts. The room was spacious and well decorated, staff was incredibly friendly, and I loved that it was an older building kept in great condition. The bed was amazing--I stay in hotels multiple times a month for business so somewhat of an authority here, and I really appreciate that they had a lightweight blanket on the bed in addition to sheets and a comforter--almost no hotel has that! One major issue was having to pay for wifi, per device...haven't seen this at a hotel in years. But I would definitely return!
2 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Renovated"
We'd stayed at the Inn by the Park about 4-5 years ago- and it's been completely renovated from funky to art deco- a beautiful place to stay.
2 night trip with friends Jan 27, 2015
Nina
"Space place"
Glad to give up hotel concept for vacation condo. More space in living-sleeping-eating area as well as bathroom.
3 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Wonderful deal in a great location"
Excellent stay!
4 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
"2 nights from boca"
Great location for the zoo
2 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
"Charming and modern"
Beautiful location. Close to so many great neighborhoods of San Diego, and literally across the street from Balboa Park. Great staff and stylish rooms.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Inn At The Park, New Years Stay"
My wife and I stayed ther for three nights over the New Years Holiday because it is close to where our son lives. His place is small, so we opted for the hotel. The room was very large and comfortable. The do need to up date their windows though to cut down on the outside noise. Steady stream of ambulances heading to the hospital could be heard loud and clear! Also, the bedroom requires something more then just blinds. They need to add some type of room darkening drapes.
3 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Good place near the park"
Hotel was next to my son's place. This is why we selected this hotel instead of the Kimpton downtown. I did not like the timeshare sales pitch when I checked in. A little pushy.
4 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
chester
The only annoying part of our stay is their persistence in trying to get us to attend their timeshare sales pitch.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"The Inn at the Park pleases..."
The Inn. at the Park recently joined the Wyndham chain and is undergoing upgrades. We had stayed before when it was the Park Manor and the upgrades are very welcome! The suites are stylish and comfortable and the location on Hillcrest near at Balboa Park and near restaurants is convenient.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Rafael
"Inn at the Park Review"
Great place! Hallways are grungy old looking, but the room I stayed was very nice with a fully furnished kitchen. Neighborhood is great, there's usually plenty of places to park on the street. Staff was nice, except for the vacation group from Wyndham trying to schedule a 90 min presentation every time I pass through the lobby.
3 night business trip Oct 18, 2014
"This Hotel is Now a Timeshare"
If you stay here make sure you request that you stay on the 6th floor because when people walk on the floor above you (we were on the 5th floor) you can hear the floor creak and the pipes in the walls make a horrific screeching noise (hotel staff is aware of this and apologized so this isn't going to change anytime soon.) Also, be aware that this hotel is trying to convert to a time share so you are constantly approached (in-person and by notes slipped under your door) about your "free gift" if you want to listen to their sales pitch. In addition, because it is a time share hotel staff does not clean your room, make your bed, give you fresh towels, soap, shampoo, etc. unless you request it (be aware that there is a $65.00 charge for fresh sheets if you request them.) Of course, this begs the question why hotel staff was wandering around our room when they don't do anything while you are staying there (we asked and were told by a second hotel staff member that yes, they should make your bed and give you fresh towels and that we had been misinformed by the person we spoke to the day before but who knows if this information is true.) Further, whenever anyone pushes the button for the elevator you can hear a "buzzing" noise in your room. Finally, when staff was cleaning other people's room they are loud and slam the other hotel room doors over and over and over again. So, in closing if you are looking for a relaxing time SD...don't stay here.
3 night romance trip Sep 12, 2014
Too much road noise, guests upstairs drove us slightly crazy, complained to desk, helped a little bit - running, jumping, moving things around...., three days straight! ! Down by the beach next time.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
The location was great and close to Hillcrest and restaurants. The room was amazing and the front staff Robyn was great! My only issue was that the concierge tried to get me to do a time share with them. Not sure if they are trasitioning from a regualr hotel or what the deal was. He was very persistant and I was really just there for a fun weekend. I talked to the font desk and they made sure that I wasnt bother again about it. Just left a bit of bade taste in my mouth. If it hadent been for that the rest of the stay was great!
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Wonderful and comfortable rooms, BUT...."
The rooms are well suited for multi-day stay, which we hope to come back to do. The large-large sofa contained 2 separate pull-out beds!! Balboa Park and excellent restaurants all within walking distance. The rooms were clean, beautiful, comfortable and relaxing. However, the staff could use some customer service training, and the timeshare people were a bit aggressive for us, even though we were interested in timeshare after we found the facilities to be so great.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Happy Camper
"Mixed feelings"
The Hotel served our purpose well. We were within walking distance of all we wanted to do. The people were very courteous but our rooms were not well stocked after our initial arrival- had to ask for wash clothes, then hand towels, then soap. But it was clean and comfortable.
6 night trip Aug 6, 2014