All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
525 Spruce St, San Diego, CA, 92103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Close to zoo but NOT walking distance as advertise"
Room 502 was so much fun and roomy but the odor of mildew or musty wood was very off putting. Had to leave doors and windows open with fan on full blast just to tolerate the smell. Seemed like carpet was put over rotting wood. Would go back if that were resolved. Everything else in the room appeared to be new.
3 night trip Mar 27, 2014
D from Orlando
"Anniversary weekend!"
Hotel was adorable. We had a great view of the city. Clean, comfy, and trendy. Great location. I will definitely be returning.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Drea
"Deceivingly Great!"
Honestly pulling up to the hotel I thought to myself, is this really it? Kind of rugged looking but that's only because all of their exterior is original. It's wonderful though, when you get inside everything is new and renovated! The rooms were quite spacious and comfy, a bit pricy but very very enjoyable!
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2014
Shawn
"Awesome.close to the zoo,park and seaworld."
Love love love this place. Beautiful and very comfortable. The room was gorgeous.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
Yvette
"So pretty"
Valet staff kinda off, thy made me move my car so he could personall repark it in the same spot which was totally ridiculous. one of the best features of the hotel was closed to the public which is an awesome rooftop. If they are going to remodel perhaps they should have done it in sections so they could let guests ultilize the space even if the whole section wasn't open
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Very friendly staff and great location."
This hotel was recommended to us by a relative who had stayed there in the past. We were very pleased to be located next to balboa Park, liked the valet parking service, and the kitchenette in our room.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Will be excellent once refurbishing complete"
I loved my room with kitchen facilities and location close to Balboa Park. In addition, the people were absolutely lovely and helpful. The hotel is in the process of being refurbished - which it does need overall as there are parts which are definitely worn/tired (e.g. the elevator/lobby). In addition, the restaurants/piano bar were closed for refurbishing while I was there - so not ideal. But i do think this property will be really excellent once the renovations are complete.
3 night trip Feb 13, 2014
RH
We were overall pleased with our stay at the hotel, however, on the written confirmation that was given to us by you, it stated that each bedroom had a bathroom. This was not correct, it was shared by the two bedrooms. We thought that it would present a problem with the two family members that we shared the bathroom with, but it worked out ok. The location was excellent and was only 5 blocks from our son that lives in San Diego, and being close to the zoo and on the park made it very pleasant. Thank you
7 night trip Feb 5, 2014
Jan
"A Great Place at a Great Location"
I'd heartily recommend the Inn at the Park. It is perfectly located adjacent to Balboa Park, permitting one to visit the Zoo and other park sites on foot. The staff was very helpful. I thought the decor was fascinating, but some tastes may find it garish (if you're one of those, check out the photos before staying.) Our suite was spacious and included a kitchen and dining area. Valet parking is available at reasonable rates, but we had no difficulty finding parking on the street immediately in front of the hotel.
2 night family trip Feb 1, 2014
Beautiful room. Staff were extremely accomodating. The only suggestion I would have is to provivide an airport shuttle.
3 night trip with friends Feb 2, 2014
Molly
"Our Stay"
Hotel was nice and fun. Little old, and the sound pruffing wasn't so well. You can hear every foot step above your room. Other then that not a bad place.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"I love this place"
Stayed here before, will stay here again, and would gladly and readily recommend. The only thing lacking is the common area hallways don't live up to the rest of the decor. Otherwise, a fantastic hotel. This is my hotel of choice for San Diego.
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2014
M. Langley
"Nice boutique hotel in a GREAT location."
Nice boutique hotel in a GREAT location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only complaint I had was that since it is an holder hotel sometimes the hallways were very smelly, perhaps the hotel could invest in an automatic scent sensor? Otherwise, this is a great hotel. No problem with off street parking, and breakfast was only ok. I would stay here again for sure!
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
"Charming hotel, great service"
Beautiful old-world charm with all the modern amenities. We were told this was a renovated apartment building built in 1926. Our room was huge with high ceilings. Close to Balboa Park, museums, San Diego Zoo. Staff was excellent.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
Monique
We visit this hotel often, this time over the New Years holiday...always have a great time, great staff, wonderful location...delightful rooms...however this time we had two problems. First the hot water heater broke and we were without hot water for a day, a little inconvenient but we were compensated...Sunday dinner in the hotel restaurant was superb, great food and service....but dinner on New Years Eve was a disaster..expensive, food was tasteless, I think the chef tried to "overdo" the menu and it didn't work...bar downstairs was dark before midnight and party upstairs was way too hectic and crowded....we will probably not be returning there for New Years Eve in the future.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Marco
"Great hotel!"
Unfortunately, we only stayed here one night. The staff was friendly, the room was outstanding and the food at the bar (on the corner) was really good. I highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
ZnVleaf
"Awesome pick for the price and location"
The room was awesome considering the reasonable price and the area was nice too. Can't beat this location if you have a car, because you're within close driving distance to the zoo and downtown. Parking is 15 bucks but that's cheap compared to San Francisco! Great value for the nice room, location and great service. I'd definitely come back.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2013
This is the second time we have stayed here. Before selling & remodel it was the Park Manor Suites.It has been refurbished nicely, our room had a balcony and kitchenette with all of the latest appliances, cookware, dishes and cutlery. A great place for visiting Balboa Park. Staff was pleasant and friendly.
5 night trip Dec 12, 2013
Mark R
"Great Hotel Experience"
The hotel staff is very kind and willing to help you make the most of your stay. The location is perfect, right across the street from Balboa Park and only a few minutes drive time from downtown San Diego and the airport.
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
Mando
Great hotel in a wonderful central location - big rooms with kitchenettes and dreamy mattresses.
5 night trip Dec 11, 2013
Jane
"Disappointment in evening noise"
We stayed two nights and the second night I had just fallen asleep about 9:30 pm when I thought someone was falling into our room from upstairs. There is a bar on the seventh floor and someone was jumping up and down and making a terrible racket. I called down to the office and was told they were sorry but that there would be quite time at 10 pm,, at 10 pm the noise was still going on. We were very disappointed.
2 night trip Dec 6, 2013
"beautiful hotel, excellent breakfasts, good staff"
Perfect location
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
mary
I LOVE this hotel. I will be staying here again. The staff was so helpful. The rooms are spacious and gorgeous. I really enjoyed my stay here.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
"a great place to stay!"
this facility was absolutely wonderful staff was very attentive to my needs room is exceptionally clean spacious very well maintained facility highly recommend if you come to Hillcrest San Diego area you must stay here absolutely perfect!
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2013
"Hidden gem"
The lobby of Inn At The Park doesn't look like much, but my room was absolutely gorgeous and extremely comfortable. I assume recently renovated? The staff was friendly and fantastic. The immediate neighborhood is a little odd, but not bad, and it's walking distance to Balboa Park.
1 night trip Nov 3, 2013
adam807
"My favorite hotel!!!"
I loved the charm of this hotel. The rooms were amazing (and used to be apartments so they are HUGE!), the service impecable, and the stay most enjoyable. Any time I am in San Diego, this is the ONLY hotel I will be staying at.
2 night trip Nov 3, 2013
Kristen W.
My boyfriend and I rented this place for my birthday. The neighborhood is a little worry some but the 24 hour parking attendants made me feel safe and comfortable. It's a little hole in the wall place that is still being renovated, but nothing maor was going on during the time of our stay. Would I stay here again? Yes!
2 night trip Oct 17, 2013
Samantha
"hotel staff"
Everything was wonderful at our stay at the Inn at the Park. The Staff was exceptional. Especially the concierge. Very helpful. The valet parking took a bit long, but that was not a big deal. We will come again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"One of the worst experiences ever"
We were on the sixth floor, First nite the noise upstairs was bearable. The second day, kids were running and jumping in the afternoon. I was trying to take a nap. 4:00 there was a wedding going on and even more racket. Called downstairs to complain and all was said was "I can offer you earplugs" NO apology or we can move you to another room. I don't feel that was appropriate. Even when we checked out, I complained again and the woman acted like she didn't cared. I don't think I would stay here or recommend it to anyone.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Wedding"
I stayed here the night before my wedding at Inn at the Park. My bridesmaids and I stayed in a double queen bed suite. The room was very spacious and had plenty of room for us all to comfortably get ready in. The room was also clean and well kept. The decor is beautiful.
2 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Grande Dame property gets a terrific update"
A charming 'historic site' property along the west edge of Balboa Park. Huge 4th floor King suite, w/AC & openable windows to enjoy breezes, + a nifty balcony with a glass wall on the park side. Best hotel kitchenette, w/2 burner built-in cooktop, full size fridge, lots of storage cabinets, toaster, coffeemaker, garbage disposal-& a great dishwasher. (Bring your own food, it's more convenient than rooftop on-site restaurant.) Dining area table doubles as desk, seats 2. Large living area w/10' couch (makes out into sleeper beds). Cocktail table (1 large, 2 small) on wheels to move next to the corner chairs (w/no reading lamps). Decent flatscreen TVs in bedrm & LR but no DVD player. Firm&comfy bed, linens clean&crisp, nice warm duvet. Single sink in bedroom, w/1 dual plug outlet. Bathroom had glass walled shower only, w/toilet directly adjacent. Nice thick towels, toiletries and a hair dryer. A thoroughly lovely property. Just 2 odd things: no towel bars or hooks anywhere to hang towels, robes or just to dry things out. A strange mix of décor: 21st century kitchen; 30s, 50s & 70s dinette; living room & bedroom 90-2000s, & mirrors on almost every wall surface-including kitchen! Parking: arriving in the evening, use the affordable (for downtown) in&out valet parking-street parking is very limited & gone by 6 pm. Cars are in the lot behind the hotel, so not far away, but you'll have to ask 24/7 valet for your keys.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2013
Biz Traveller
"Beautiful rooms"
This hotel is on the older side but the rooms have been nicely renovated. We stayed in a one bedroom that included a fully functional kitchen, large living room with full sized sofa and chairs, walk in closets, and nice bathroom. I could have stayed there long term and have been very comfortable.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2013
Vern
"Great place close to the Zoo"
We stayed here with two young grandkids. The area felt safe and secure. The staff was so friendly and helpful, and the room (we chose the two bedroom suite) was clean and very spacious. The kitchen enabled us to have breakfast in the room each morning, and the nearby restaurants were good, as was the in-house restaurant (which has room service--a life saver after a long day). There is a wonderful playground across the street. One tip: don't count on the tram that takes you near the zoo to be on time! It left early, leaving us to find our way to zoo or wait a half hour. The walk to the zoo took us an hour (we had a two year old!) All in all, a great place to stay in San Diego!
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
"Centrally located in mid town."
All was great except that "Big Feet" was above me. Hotel can not control this. Guess it is to be expected in these old buildings. Too bad there can't be more soundproofing. Have been staying at this hotel since I left San Diego in 1987. Rooms have been wonderfully transformed since the last time I stayed here.
3 night trip Aug 25, 2013
"shabby dog.. in an ok location.. Christianaphobic"
Staff was not helpful .. not carts for the luggage.. elevators jammed.. had to handle bags our self.. room had an offensive odor and the windows had not been washed in months.. accommodations were pleasant but we were out of our culture group.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Al
"Beautiful hotel - just a few kinks"
We researched heavily before choosing Inn at the Park. It was a great choice! This is a beautiful hotel. The rooms were awesome with complete kitchens. The hotel staff is wonderful and they pay attention to detail. Free internet access and free continental breakfast on the rooftop of the hotel every day. Their concierge desk was always open and staffed with someone knowledgeable and helpful to find restaurant options, get tickets for the Zoo, etc. The location was also perfect - it was an 8 minute drive to the San Diego Zoo. And the valet staff is top notch. The only concerns I had were these: 1) our room had an odd smell; reminded me of hotels in London. Maybe old building smell; not sure. 2) one day our room was not cleaned but I spoke with the staff and they sent someone that evening to clean the kitchen; provide towels and took care of me upon check out when I mentioned it. Would highly recommend this place and would love to stay again.
3 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
Used to be a classy old hotel, now a class new-fangled one. In fact it looks like Liberace's decorator blew through... But surprisingly cheap, well located if you have a car. Stayed on business and found it central. I stayed two nights and they never cleaned my room, even though I was out from 8:30am-2pm, which was a little disappointing. So ask, I guess.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
edkorank
"Good Times"
We loved the room, and the decor. Everything looked awesome. The bathroom was perfect, with space enough for the two of us, we loved the shower, loved the tiles and paint job! High ceilings also add to a general feeling of space throughout the room and hotel. The location might not be the most romantic, but it was right in the middle of everything we wanted to do. We walked all over and hardly used our car. The staff is friendly, but they could do better. There were some people that were professional and very attentive, but not everyone was up to the level of service that I would like. Over all, we enjoyed our stay and we would go back. We would even recommend it to others if that area suits them.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
Simon
Great hotel with spacious room and kitchen. Super close to Balboa Park and some great restaurants.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Great Location!"
I really enjoyed the stay and location to Balboa Park. I was under the impression that the rooms were bigger but I liked them anyway.
2 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2013
"Very Nice Hotel"
Was a last minute booking..got a king suite..Very nice room complete with a little kitchen and spacious bathroom..thecroom also had an electric blind which was a nice touch..Was only there for one night but thought it was a great hotel..The staff was very nicecand helpfull from the frontvdeak to the concierge.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2013
"Nice hotel, but scary"
Generally the hotel is good, but it is a bit scary. The passage looks scary, and there is a scary picture in the room. The elevator is not very good. The breakfast is, well, not so good. But the staff are very nice.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Hong
"Amazing hotel near the park!"
I really enjoyed the hotel. The only downsides are not enough elevators that are seriously slow, and a terrible setup for luggage drop off and valet parking (which there is really nothing the hotel can do about it). The hotel is beautiful both inside and out. The room was huge with plenty of space for 5 people. And it was very nicely decorated.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Enjoyed our Stay"
The Inn was a nice place to stay and we would go back. We were impressed by the amount of room we had and the full kitchen was really nice. It had a large walk in closet and beautiful bath. Parking was an issue but the valet was affordable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It was very close to downtown and there were lots of places to eat/ shop within only a few miles.
2 night romance trip Aug 3, 2013
J. Dewey
"No car rental needed"
Stay was great, close to my family and other must-see sights. Only wished we were able to get room with balcony. Having TV in main room made it difficult as spouse was night owl and I was not. Suggest they have noise cancelling headphones available to borrow so when spouse wants to sleep, one can watch TV as well without disturbing other. Registraton and conciere desks were very polite and helpful. Room kept clean. Had great time.
5 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
"Great Trip - Valet is rude"
When we arrived at the hotel we drove right pass it because the Hotel name was not located anywhere. We only knew we passed it because our GPS told us. When we walked up to the front entrance we noticed that there was no way to get the stroller up the front steps. The valet just stared at us and didnt say anything when I asked how I could get in with a stroller. The front desk was nice and let us check in - the front desk pointed out the back entrance with a ramp. The staff was friendly and always asked how we were doing when we went in and out. Our room was nice and quite large. The only down side to the room was that there was no tub - the bathroom was large enough to put one in. The Basement restaurant was great, we loved the food and entertainment. Again all the staff was friendly and nice to our 1 year old. My only complaint for the restaurant was that the creme brulee was out the first night and on the second night the amount of creme brulee in the ramekin was disappointing... For $7 I was hoping for more than 3 bites. The breakfast upstairs was great and I have no complaints there - since it was free. The second night we could not find parking so we valeted - valet was extremely rude and peeled out in hotel guest cars.
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2013
Min. S
"Fantastic in all respects"
I will never stay in another hotel in San Diego. Clean, comfortable, large bright rooms in a historic building. Beautifully decorated, not cookie cutter - has just the right amount of character and style. Great nieghborhood. Parked the car and walked everywhere for 3 days - zoo, shops, restaurants. Good breakfast, helpful staff. I highly recommend a stay at Inn at the Park
2 night trip Jul 30, 2013
great location, room large and well decrated rooms -- but major problems with this older complex!! It seems to be in a state between disrepair and updated. Overall, despite the lovely large rooms the creepy old hotel feel wins out. Won't stay here again. Also, staff are friendly, but the service was poor. Though we book well ahead, room was not ready for an hour after our 3 o'clock check in time. We never stayed at an upscale hotel with that kind of problem, and we have stayed at many and I used to write hotel reviews. Look at the Clarence Hotel in Seneca Falls, NY. It is what I though your place would be equivalent too in appearance after viewing you website. The Clarence is also historic, about the same size and the rooms have similar decor. But, wow, what a difference in the maintenance. Though old this place was like new! With your hotel, the cleaning staff seems non existence. Most place have many cleaning staff in the mornings. This is a BIG problem and someone needs to address it! Great potential but the deplorable building which seems underconstruction rather than ready to go ruins the stay. Sad. I would not review this hotel for the publisher I used to work for; I would only write for upscale properties that I could recommend.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2013
"Great place to stay during Comic Con"
Delightfully friendly staff. Comfortable and clean. Street parking is only challenge on nights when Valet lot is full.
3 night family trip Jul 19, 2013