All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2427 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Love this place!!"
The view we had was awesome the staff were friendly & very helpful. The staff Cher I think that was her name was funny & gave us some directions to a good local place to eat!
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
"Very Nice!"
It's a great Hotel and location. it's only a couple of blocks from the ocean and beach. It has a nice pool and hot tub on the roof giving great views of the city. It's parking garage is large enough to handle the number of cars. The only really rotten item is the H1 road. They need to be punished for their road designs. Otherwise, everything else was great!
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
Overall, a good choice. Room was clean, comfortable, had everything we needed for our stay plus some. Yes, it was small, but all hotel rooms are small in Waikiki. My only complaint was that certain hotel staff could have been a little nicer.
5 night family trip Feb 4, 2014
"Convenient to beach, shopping, zoo, aquarium, safe"
Walking distance to everything in Waikiki area. Very safe. Comfortable but slightly dated rooms. Reasonable rates for what you get. No restaurant or vending machines in hotel!! They do have kitchenettes with refrigerators, microwaves and cooktops. Bring paper plates! Mary ann was very helpful in setting up tours, etc.
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
Jan from CA. US
"Pacific Monarch"
The room had been remodeled somewhat since we stayed there last year. It was very clean & the staff was very helpful.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
"NEVER stay in this hotel"
The hotel parking is very inconvenient. It requires the customers to purchase the ticket on the separate parking structure. And one day our parking ticket was flipped. So our car got TOWed. And it cost us a lot of money and inconvenience to get the car back from the tow company!!! And it ruined our day! The hotel stuff was rude to us and kept saying this was our fault, and they are not responsible for this at all. The floor plan of the room is awful too. The AC is at one end of the room. It couldn't cool down the whole room, plus our room was facing east, so the room is super hot in the morning. The room ran out of hot water for 2 nights in a row. There maintenance system was awful. We always had to wait for the maintenance people to come the next day to fix this issue. Overall, this hotels has too many issues, and it's very INCONVENIENT for the customers. If you ever want to have a nice time for your vacation in Hawaii, you definitely should NEVER stay at this hotel.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
Ting
"Nice hotel good value for price"
Other than the fact that the front end made us wait for checking in till they called Expedia and confirmed due payments were made which was painful as we were tired at the end of the day rest of the stay was fine and pleasant.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
Shail
"Modern hotel close to the beach."
Overall, it was an okay experience. The hotel was located about 2 blocks away from the beach. Parking lot next to the hotel, easy for those who are renting a car. A great thing about the parking lot is you can acces your room through the parking lot and not have to go through the front desk. Hotel ameneities included rooftop swimming pool and a sauna. The downfall was the studio was a bit crowded for 4 people, and our ac was not working. We'll put the ac on for the whole day, come back and the room was still very warm.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
Maya
"Problems with room"
The room needs to be checked for missing items. The cooking utensils, towels, dish washing liquid and paper towels missing, housekeeping was not done the following day. The kitchen light not working after it was fix. The full kitchen needs a fan. I have to call for service for the above items. Service was quick. Last time I stayed at this hotel was much better.
Other trip Dec 26, 2013
Tess
the hotel is OK, but the garage is small and expensive, $25 a day and the road is very narrow, very difficult for full-size car to get in and out. it is labelled as two-way drive. Seriously, it is only wide enough for two motocycles. If you can drive through with another car in other direction, you qualify to act in the fast and furious movie.
5 night trip Nov 24, 2013
Stayed here with friends. Location was great. Only 2 blocks from the beach and from all the excitement that Waikiki offers. I would stay again.
2 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2013
Very clean except noisy air conditioner. Great location close to Waikiki beach.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
dan
"Old fashioned close to beach"
Hotel looked nice from outside and lobby. It was decent from the inside. The couches were ripped. Would be nice to have a tv in the room they only had it in the living room. Also the tv was a small ancient one. Staff was nice.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"What?????"
After traveling nearly 14 hours to get to Hawaii and dropped off at the lobby of the hotel, I was informed I no longer had a reservation at this hotel because it was overbooked by quite a few rooms. The young man at the desk then proceeded to give me directions to another Aston (which he told me might even be cheaper!) At this point I balked and told him I already had paid for my room with Expedia, and he told me I'll have to deal with Expedia. I asked to speak to management and there were none on duty. I asked him why I wasn't contacted in advance, he just shrugged.He then made a quick phone call and we were given a unit. The unit was adequate at best and the view from one window was the roof top parking lot and the other window viewed yet another parking lot and the air conditioning drip tray. By the way the air conditioner just barely kept the room cool. This experience is the opposite of the stay at the Aston Waikiki Beach which we encountered on our return visit to Waikiki..Skip this place and go for the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
Foreno
"Near the beach"
Noise in the morning from the street traffic. Hot in the bedroom.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
karen
"Decent location, friendly staff, great stay"
I was very pleased with my stay. The staff was friendly, the room was just as imagined and pictured. ( We did not get the ocean view, I'm positive that would be worth the extra price). WiFi included in the small amenity fee, that was nice. Located near eateries, convenience stores and the strip. Kitchen was just enough and all appliances worked. Few things to mention: AC did not circulate well so the bedroom was rather hot during the day when the sun hit the lanai. The bathroom was small, adequate but small. The water pressure was great though. Last small gripe is that TV is small and in a weird location in vicinity to couch. It s not straight-ahead, it was over to the left and over a table. Considering there is no need for us to spend the entire time in the room, these points are just nit-picky. Nothing too big that was unbearable. For the price, I would definitely stay again.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Kari
"Aston Pacific Monarch has an excellent location"
This hotel is newly renovated, and so clean, and all the stuff are very courteous. And, what's great, is that it's so close to everything...shopping, restaurants, and the beach!!! International Market Place is just in the corner, and the beach, is just actually at the end of the street. There are shopping stores all over the area, and places to eat. I would definitely come back to this hotel whenever I book my next vacation to Hawaii.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
EG-MA
"Nice hotel close to the beach for great price"
Had a great time. Excellent with families with kids for and under. Saved $$ with food because cooked our own food with use of the kitchenette.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Nothing special... Close to beach"
Close to beach, nothing special. Old hotel. Always smelled like Asian food in the halls. Our room was never vacuumed on our 6 night stay. They didn't do the dishes in the sink. Very noisy. There was coffee backsplash in the kitchen from guest before us.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
katie
"Average"
It was quite pleasant. Nothing to complain about, but nothing extraordinary either.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
Hotel stay was okey but no central air in room. Only portable cooler in living/dining area. Bedroom was really hot. Only ceiling fan. No breakfast available. Staff was very pleasant during stay and very helpful.
11 night trip Aug 7, 2013
"Close walk to the beach."
Every employee was extremely friendly. However, hotel definitely could use a make-over, needs to be updated. Shower curtains should be replaced with sliding doors...the curtains seem old and harboring years worth of bacteria. Balcony sliding door curtains were filthy and stained. Need to be replaced.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Ellie
"Thank You, Come Again"
I enjoyed every single min., every single hour, and every single day in Paradise. Aston Monarch was beautifully staged in the heart of the beach on honolulu !! the only thing, I wish I would've had a ocean front view like I paid for, I had a partial view, yet 30 floors up - Greatness !!!
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Close to beach"
Okay but housekeeping did not keep up with housekeeping after the first night. They just made the bed and put a stack of towels under the sink. When they cleaned the room every day, the quality was not close to what it was when we checked in. Also when we checked in there were cookie crumbs on the carpet under the desk.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
"Hawaii"
Great staff very helpful during the entire stay. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
Ric
"We would recommend this hotel."
This is a nice hotel that's only 2 blocks from the beach. It's not a luxury 5-star experience, but it is nice and does the job. The hotel front desk staff is really great. Housekeeping, in our experience, was so-so. We had a 1-bedroom condo type unit with kitchen. If you stay here, you will definitely want to get a room with an ocean view or your experience will not be great at all -- your view will be pretty bad. The only thing I thought was gross was the mold on parts of the bathroom ceiling and wall.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Rae
"Hotel in good location"
Overall, the hotel was in a good location and staff was very pleasant and helpful. However, the traffic was very loud and we were awakened each day by 7 am because of the loud traffic. But we did like the location and did a ton of walking to all the shops and restaurants.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
"Basic hotel close to beach."
It was nice to haves refrigerator and microwave but otherwise things were very basic.
Other trip May 26, 2013
"great hotel for retirees"
Nice place, would return, good staff, secure hotel and area, close to the action, 1 block from the beach, make sure room is high enough to avoid street sounds in the early morning, and that the room is a renovated unit. good roof top pool, great 360 views of the ocean and mountains, great transportation services right outside the door, good value for the money. try it! Don't be turned off by some bad reviews on line.
Other trip May 23, 2013
"Nice place to stay"
The Hotel is very nice. The only thing I didnt like about the room was that the restroom was too small. But over all it's a good place to stay. Only 2 blocks away from Beach. Having the Kitchen is very helpful and the Hotel provides all the Utensils. I would stay there again.
Other trip May 22, 2013
Cindy
"Ok hotel but expensive for overall experience"
Very late check-in ( after 3 pm ). Reached the hotel early in the morning from a very long and tiring international flight , were told to come back at 3 pm, not even some water given . Returned at 3 pm , took 20 min for check-in staff to enter our details , no apologies given . We were asked to pay for 15 USD per day for internet /DVDs ( mandatary fees ) but were given internet wireless code for one device ( though the room is for 4 people ) . Hotel was ok , nothing great nothing bad. Small balcony , no chairs nor tables on it ( like most hotels around the area ) . Worst came from the check-out staff who was really rude. Not a single eye-contact, smile nor thank you . Overall disappointed by whole experience
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Close to beach but very noisy."
I only have a few words about this one. For the money we saved on a 10 night stay, we ended up spending almost the same amount as a hotel that we stayed at previously (which was much nicer), due to the 15 dollar a night fee for internet, newspaper and other things that are normally free. So basically it was not worth the little bit savings due to the noise. The window would not closed enough to dampen the noise pollution from the street. So it sounded like the cars were in your room, even though we were on the 10th floor. There were other issues but the only other one i'll mention here was the smell in the hallways. Smelled like messy diapers EVERYDAY! Not want you would expect.
Other trip May 19, 2013
"Hot tub trouble"
The hot tub was not working the etire time, 18 days to be exact. Would suggest to call first to see if pool and hot tub are working.
Other trip May 6, 2013
"Nice place to stay"
Long wait at front desk. Nice desk staff Rooms are comfortable but no full length mirror, maid service did not empty kitchenette trash Great location for beach and bus access
Other trip Apr 25, 2013
Single traveler
"Great location but just an okay so-so condo"
Love the location, love the view from our room (we stayed in 28th floor, partial ocean view studio), and front desk customer service. Not a fan of the tiny bathroom space, shower only with moldy tile. Not a fan of overpriced-daily resort fee that includes wi-fi, 2 DVD access, newspaper and coffee that were NOT replaced daily. This property does not have a gym or fitness room which would be cool to be included in their overpriced daily resort fee. Not a fan of their non-managed parking space since it is a public parking garage, but yet it's still $21 per night. Overall, we had a nice experience in Waikiki but the place is an overrated, overpriced tourists place so we spent majority of our times there in North Shore where it's more quiet and peaceful. Next time, we definitely will stay in turtle bay resort or somewhere North.
4 night family trip Apr 17, 2013
Ocean Brees
"Great Hotel for friends and family"
room is very clean, we enjoy staying this hotel ver much except the fact that staffs on the reception dont know how to check in patients very well, some dont know what they doin and makes the clients wait long.Overall the hotel ambience is perfect for a vacation! the cleanliness of the room is what makes amaze guests!
Other trip Apr 6, 2013
weng
"Just okay."
Hotel was okay. Not the cleanest. Small, stuffy room.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
"Best Condo Hotel for a family"
Excellent value for money. Great location. Friendly staff, dedicated to help you where they can. They were able to accommodate our request for higher floor. Kitchen did its part for us; Supplement meals here and there. A little more space would have been great but not an issue if you are not more than 5 people. No issues with parking. Safe surroundings.
Other trip Mar 20, 2013
Jonathan
"Good hotel for the family with yound kids"
I stayed in the hotel in mid-march 2013 for a week with my little boy. The hotel assigned me a penthouse room on the 32th floor with the lovely ocean view, which I liked the most! I like the room funiture and the cleaness. Unlike a lot of hotels, the mattress was quite firm, love it! However the air conditioning was pretty noisy. I didn't notice that at the day time, but at night, it was really bordering. I didn't ask to change the room, because I liked the view, so not sure it was just that particular room or it was the same in all the rooms. I probably will stay there again next time. Besides the air conditioning, everything was good. The location was best, 2 blocks to Waikiki beach. Everything is in walking distance, very convenient. The small kitchen is very helpful to someone traveled with young kids.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
"Great hotel for our family"
Traveling with a family it was wonderful to have the resources of this condo-hotel at our fingertips. Right in the heart of Wahikiki so easy to get out and about. Convenient paid parking attached to the same building so easy with our rental car. Nice rooftop pool and hot tub was a welcome respite at the end of a long day at the beach or touring
Other trip Mar 11, 2013
"Reach for The Top"
Hello, the reason I gave it a 3 is if you don't get the top floors it can be awful. Also, when I booked my stay 3 months in advance, I had read the reviews that stated just what I experienced, so I requested a top floor. The hotel stated it would be no problem. When we arrived on February 19, 2013 @ 6:30p, the front desk stated all the top floors were unavilable. calling ahead meant nothing. We were put on the 7th floor a room with old everything from floor to ceiling. The room had no t.v. in the bedroom and 1 t.v in the front that was old and hanging crooked. Also we paid for through expedia a full kitchen with a partial ocean view. It had a mini refridgerator, and so dusty looking . I wouldn't cook an egg in that kitchen. We talked to the front desk and explained how disappointed we were. We came all the way from Michigan to Honolulu for 6 nights I didn't know what to do. The view was also an eyesore hotel across from us. The front desk stated he couldn't help us until the manager got in the next day, but he promised he woulld convey our disappointed. We ask for someone to be sent to our room so they could see we didn't even have the full kitchen we paid for. He stated he understood and to request room 3007. He stated the higher floors were much better.The next day we requested that room, thank God it was vacated that day. This room was amazing and very well maintained. The view excellent, we were so happy. Thank you staff. Its a great value if you get the top floors.
Other trip Mar 5, 2013
Tracey
"Great location-hidden fees, parking fees extra"
Great location, 1 bdrm condo OK , clening service-score B."Mandatory fees $10/day, parking extra $20/day-plus tax" Nice condo for family2+3.
10 night trip Jan 9, 2013
"Pacific Monarch"
Great experience. Hotel has been recently updated and still undergoing some renovations. Enjoyed the fact that movies in the DVD kiosk were free as it was part of the daily resort fee..so didn't have to pay an added fee to watch movies. Everything in Waikiki is in walking distance.
Other trip Jan 21, 2013
"Good size rooms"
The hotel is in a good location--a block from the beach. Our family stayed in the hotel next door, and we thought ours was way better. Separate room and dining, living area. Liked that when I got up early I could close door so not to disturb sleeping husband. Bathroom was tiny. Balcony was awesome sized with table and chair. We upgraded to Ocean view--which was lovely. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel! Especially after checking in as the lobby is nothing to be excited about.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2012
SC
"Wonderful hotel a couple of blocks from Waikiki"
Perfect location. View of ocean. Refridg, microwave, sink. Double beds or queen. Balcony. Great price.
Other trip Jan 8, 2013
C.
"Could have been better"
The hotel employees were excellent, friendly and very helpful. They tried to assist every step of the way. I guess the room could be cleaner if the cleaning people were not so busy. In general it was ok. We were very disappointed because the hotel pool was closed for repairs. Expedia should have informed us about that. We would have chosen another hotel with a pool. The rest of the trip, flights, and transportation went smoothly.
Other trip Dec 29, 2012
Sylvia
This hotel has very friendly staff , close to beach, and good value. However, the rooms are small and the arrangements for 5 guests is tight. The seating and sleeping area are small. Only 1 tv in the livinging area. Pool was down during our stay and was not notified of this prior to our arriveing.
Other trip Dec 28, 2012
Over all we were very happy with our room, location and the service. Our only complaint was the fold out bed. It was so uncomfortable that my sister and niece had to put couch cushions and bed matress on the floor. You may want to replace it. Thank you again, S Fariss
4 night trip Oct 2, 2012
S. Fariss
"From a couple"
A great bargain - centrally located, two blks from Waikiki beach, very convenient to public transportation to all tourist sites, and walking distance to many restaurants and other hotels. Being off of waikiki, the rooms are quiet from traffic noise.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
"Nice family vacation"
Location is very convenient to beach, restaurant, transportation. There is a construction in the building, so it smells hazard and chemical sometimes in elevator. Cleaning time is very late in day. Oh, a resort fee ($10/day) for no purpose because parking fee still charged $20/day.
Other trip Oct 11, 2012