All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2427 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"What?????"
After traveling nearly 14 hours to get to Hawaii and dropped off at the lobby of the hotel, I was informed I no longer had a reservation at this hotel because it was overbooked by quite a few rooms. The young man at the desk then proceeded to give me directions to another Aston (which he told me might even be cheaper!) At this point I balked and told him I already had paid for my room with Expedia, and he told me I'll have to deal with Expedia. I asked to speak to management and there were none on duty. I asked him why I wasn't contacted in advance, he just shrugged.He then made a quick phone call and we were given a unit. The unit was adequate at best and the view from one window was the roof top parking lot and the other window viewed yet another parking lot and the air conditioning drip tray. By the way the air conditioner just barely kept the room cool. This experience is the opposite of the stay at the Aston Waikiki Beach which we encountered on our return visit to Waikiki..Skip this place and go for the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
Foreno
"Near the beach"
Noise in the morning from the street traffic. Hot in the bedroom.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
karen
"Decent location, friendly staff, great stay"
I was very pleased with my stay. The staff was friendly, the room was just as imagined and pictured. ( We did not get the ocean view, I'm positive that would be worth the extra price). WiFi included in the small amenity fee, that was nice. Located near eateries, convenience stores and the strip. Kitchen was just enough and all appliances worked. Few things to mention: AC did not circulate well so the bedroom was rather hot during the day when the sun hit the lanai. The bathroom was small, adequate but small. The water pressure was great though. Last small gripe is that TV is small and in a weird location in vicinity to couch. It s not straight-ahead, it was over to the left and over a table. Considering there is no need for us to spend the entire time in the room, these points are just nit-picky. Nothing too big that was unbearable. For the price, I would definitely stay again.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Kari
"Aston Pacific Monarch has an excellent location"
This hotel is newly renovated, and so clean, and all the stuff are very courteous. And, what's great, is that it's so close to everything...shopping, restaurants, and the beach!!! International Market Place is just in the corner, and the beach, is just actually at the end of the street. There are shopping stores all over the area, and places to eat. I would definitely come back to this hotel whenever I book my next vacation to Hawaii.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
EG-MA
"Nice hotel close to the beach for great price"
Had a great time. Excellent with families with kids for and under. Saved $$ with food because cooked our own food with use of the kitchenette.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Nothing special... Close to beach"
Close to beach, nothing special. Old hotel. Always smelled like Asian food in the halls. Our room was never vacuumed on our 6 night stay. They didn't do the dishes in the sink. Very noisy. There was coffee backsplash in the kitchen from guest before us.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
katie
"Average"
It was quite pleasant. Nothing to complain about, but nothing extraordinary either.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
Hotel stay was okey but no central air in room. Only portable cooler in living/dining area. Bedroom was really hot. Only ceiling fan. No breakfast available. Staff was very pleasant during stay and very helpful.
11 night trip Aug 7, 2013
"Close walk to the beach."
Every employee was extremely friendly. However, hotel definitely could use a make-over, needs to be updated. Shower curtains should be replaced with sliding doors...the curtains seem old and harboring years worth of bacteria. Balcony sliding door curtains were filthy and stained. Need to be replaced.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Ellie
"Thank You, Come Again"
I enjoyed every single min., every single hour, and every single day in Paradise. Aston Monarch was beautifully staged in the heart of the beach on honolulu !! the only thing, I wish I would've had a ocean front view like I paid for, I had a partial view, yet 30 floors up - Greatness !!!
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Close to beach"
Okay but housekeeping did not keep up with housekeeping after the first night. They just made the bed and put a stack of towels under the sink. When they cleaned the room every day, the quality was not close to what it was when we checked in. Also when we checked in there were cookie crumbs on the carpet under the desk.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
"Hawaii"
Great staff very helpful during the entire stay. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
Ric
"We would recommend this hotel."
This is a nice hotel that's only 2 blocks from the beach. It's not a luxury 5-star experience, but it is nice and does the job. The hotel front desk staff is really great. Housekeeping, in our experience, was so-so. We had a 1-bedroom condo type unit with kitchen. If you stay here, you will definitely want to get a room with an ocean view or your experience will not be great at all -- your view will be pretty bad. The only thing I thought was gross was the mold on parts of the bathroom ceiling and wall.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Rae
"Hotel in good location"
Overall, the hotel was in a good location and staff was very pleasant and helpful. However, the traffic was very loud and we were awakened each day by 7 am because of the loud traffic. But we did like the location and did a ton of walking to all the shops and restaurants.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
"Basic hotel close to beach."
It was nice to haves refrigerator and microwave but otherwise things were very basic.
Other trip May 26, 2013
"great hotel for retirees"
Nice place, would return, good staff, secure hotel and area, close to the action, 1 block from the beach, make sure room is high enough to avoid street sounds in the early morning, and that the room is a renovated unit. good roof top pool, great 360 views of the ocean and mountains, great transportation services right outside the door, good value for the money. try it! Don't be turned off by some bad reviews on line.
Other trip May 23, 2013
"Nice place to stay"
The Hotel is very nice. The only thing I didnt like about the room was that the restroom was too small. But over all it's a good place to stay. Only 2 blocks away from Beach. Having the Kitchen is very helpful and the Hotel provides all the Utensils. I would stay there again.
Other trip May 22, 2013
Cindy
"Ok hotel but expensive for overall experience"
Very late check-in ( after 3 pm ). Reached the hotel early in the morning from a very long and tiring international flight , were told to come back at 3 pm, not even some water given . Returned at 3 pm , took 20 min for check-in staff to enter our details , no apologies given . We were asked to pay for 15 USD per day for internet /DVDs ( mandatary fees ) but were given internet wireless code for one device ( though the room is for 4 people ) . Hotel was ok , nothing great nothing bad. Small balcony , no chairs nor tables on it ( like most hotels around the area ) . Worst came from the check-out staff who was really rude. Not a single eye-contact, smile nor thank you . Overall disappointed by whole experience
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Close to beach but very noisy."
I only have a few words about this one. For the money we saved on a 10 night stay, we ended up spending almost the same amount as a hotel that we stayed at previously (which was much nicer), due to the 15 dollar a night fee for internet, newspaper and other things that are normally free. So basically it was not worth the little bit savings due to the noise. The window would not closed enough to dampen the noise pollution from the street. So it sounded like the cars were in your room, even though we were on the 10th floor. There were other issues but the only other one i'll mention here was the smell in the hallways. Smelled like messy diapers EVERYDAY! Not want you would expect.
Other trip May 19, 2013
"Hot tub trouble"
The hot tub was not working the etire time, 18 days to be exact. Would suggest to call first to see if pool and hot tub are working.
Other trip May 6, 2013
"Nice place to stay"
Long wait at front desk. Nice desk staff Rooms are comfortable but no full length mirror, maid service did not empty kitchenette trash Great location for beach and bus access
Other trip Apr 25, 2013
Single traveler
"Great location but just an okay so-so condo"
Love the location, love the view from our room (we stayed in 28th floor, partial ocean view studio), and front desk customer service. Not a fan of the tiny bathroom space, shower only with moldy tile. Not a fan of overpriced-daily resort fee that includes wi-fi, 2 DVD access, newspaper and coffee that were NOT replaced daily. This property does not have a gym or fitness room which would be cool to be included in their overpriced daily resort fee. Not a fan of their non-managed parking space since it is a public parking garage, but yet it's still $21 per night. Overall, we had a nice experience in Waikiki but the place is an overrated, overpriced tourists place so we spent majority of our times there in North Shore where it's more quiet and peaceful. Next time, we definitely will stay in turtle bay resort or somewhere North.
4 night family trip Apr 17, 2013
Ocean Brees
"Great Hotel for friends and family"
room is very clean, we enjoy staying this hotel ver much except the fact that staffs on the reception dont know how to check in patients very well, some dont know what they doin and makes the clients wait long.Overall the hotel ambience is perfect for a vacation! the cleanliness of the room is what makes amaze guests!
Other trip Apr 6, 2013
weng
"Just okay."
Hotel was okay. Not the cleanest. Small, stuffy room.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
"Best Condo Hotel for a family"
Excellent value for money. Great location. Friendly staff, dedicated to help you where they can. They were able to accommodate our request for higher floor. Kitchen did its part for us; Supplement meals here and there. A little more space would have been great but not an issue if you are not more than 5 people. No issues with parking. Safe surroundings.
Other trip Mar 20, 2013
Jonathan
"Good hotel for the family with yound kids"
I stayed in the hotel in mid-march 2013 for a week with my little boy. The hotel assigned me a penthouse room on the 32th floor with the lovely ocean view, which I liked the most! I like the room funiture and the cleaness. Unlike a lot of hotels, the mattress was quite firm, love it! However the air conditioning was pretty noisy. I didn't notice that at the day time, but at night, it was really bordering. I didn't ask to change the room, because I liked the view, so not sure it was just that particular room or it was the same in all the rooms. I probably will stay there again next time. Besides the air conditioning, everything was good. The location was best, 2 blocks to Waikiki beach. Everything is in walking distance, very convenient. The small kitchen is very helpful to someone traveled with young kids.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
"Great hotel for our family"
Traveling with a family it was wonderful to have the resources of this condo-hotel at our fingertips. Right in the heart of Wahikiki so easy to get out and about. Convenient paid parking attached to the same building so easy with our rental car. Nice rooftop pool and hot tub was a welcome respite at the end of a long day at the beach or touring
Other trip Mar 11, 2013
"Reach for The Top"
Hello, the reason I gave it a 3 is if you don't get the top floors it can be awful. Also, when I booked my stay 3 months in advance, I had read the reviews that stated just what I experienced, so I requested a top floor. The hotel stated it would be no problem. When we arrived on February 19, 2013 @ 6:30p, the front desk stated all the top floors were unavilable. calling ahead meant nothing. We were put on the 7th floor a room with old everything from floor to ceiling. The room had no t.v. in the bedroom and 1 t.v in the front that was old and hanging crooked. Also we paid for through expedia a full kitchen with a partial ocean view. It had a mini refridgerator, and so dusty looking . I wouldn't cook an egg in that kitchen. We talked to the front desk and explained how disappointed we were. We came all the way from Michigan to Honolulu for 6 nights I didn't know what to do. The view was also an eyesore hotel across from us. The front desk stated he couldn't help us until the manager got in the next day, but he promised he woulld convey our disappointed. We ask for someone to be sent to our room so they could see we didn't even have the full kitchen we paid for. He stated he understood and to request room 3007. He stated the higher floors were much better.The next day we requested that room, thank God it was vacated that day. This room was amazing and very well maintained. The view excellent, we were so happy. Thank you staff. Its a great value if you get the top floors.
Other trip Mar 5, 2013
Tracey
"Great location-hidden fees, parking fees extra"
Great location, 1 bdrm condo OK , clening service-score B."Mandatory fees $10/day, parking extra $20/day-plus tax" Nice condo for family2+3.
10 night trip Jan 9, 2013
"Pacific Monarch"
Great experience. Hotel has been recently updated and still undergoing some renovations. Enjoyed the fact that movies in the DVD kiosk were free as it was part of the daily resort fee..so didn't have to pay an added fee to watch movies. Everything in Waikiki is in walking distance.
Other trip Jan 21, 2013
"Good size rooms"
The hotel is in a good location--a block from the beach. Our family stayed in the hotel next door, and we thought ours was way better. Separate room and dining, living area. Liked that when I got up early I could close door so not to disturb sleeping husband. Bathroom was tiny. Balcony was awesome sized with table and chair. We upgraded to Ocean view--which was lovely. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel! Especially after checking in as the lobby is nothing to be excited about.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2012
SC
"Wonderful hotel a couple of blocks from Waikiki"
Perfect location. View of ocean. Refridg, microwave, sink. Double beds or queen. Balcony. Great price.
Other trip Jan 8, 2013
C.
"Could have been better"
The hotel employees were excellent, friendly and very helpful. They tried to assist every step of the way. I guess the room could be cleaner if the cleaning people were not so busy. In general it was ok. We were very disappointed because the hotel pool was closed for repairs. Expedia should have informed us about that. We would have chosen another hotel with a pool. The rest of the trip, flights, and transportation went smoothly.
Other trip Dec 29, 2012
Sylvia
This hotel has very friendly staff , close to beach, and good value. However, the rooms are small and the arrangements for 5 guests is tight. The seating and sleeping area are small. Only 1 tv in the livinging area. Pool was down during our stay and was not notified of this prior to our arriveing.
Other trip Dec 28, 2012
Over all we were very happy with our room, location and the service. Our only complaint was the fold out bed. It was so uncomfortable that my sister and niece had to put couch cushions and bed matress on the floor. You may want to replace it. Thank you again, S Fariss
4 night trip Oct 2, 2012
S. Fariss
"From a couple"
A great bargain - centrally located, two blks from Waikiki beach, very convenient to public transportation to all tourist sites, and walking distance to many restaurants and other hotels. Being off of waikiki, the rooms are quiet from traffic noise.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
"Nice family vacation"
Location is very convenient to beach, restaurant, transportation. There is a construction in the building, so it smells hazard and chemical sometimes in elevator. Cleaning time is very late in day. Oh, a resort fee ($10/day) for no purpose because parking fee still charged $20/day.
Other trip Oct 11, 2012
"I had a great experience here"
Its literally two blocks from Waikiki beach. The partial ocean view is ok but the hotel itself was clean. The staff was polite and extremely accommodating. There was a mini kitchen in the unit and it had all the utensils and supplies we needed to help save money on food. The pool on the roof was amazing and the view is incredible. I will recommend this hotel to friends.
Other trip Sep 19, 2012
"Good hotel for family vacation"
Decent place. 2 blocks from the beach and shopping, places to eat. It is very convenient. Nice friendly staffs and room is spacious for us but the bathroom is a bit small. Nice kitchen. After all, it meets our needs.
Other trip Sep 3, 2012
Danny
"Great location and great view, but hotel outdated"
Airconditioning was located too close to the bed. It took a long time to cool the room, was quite loud, and gave off a bad odor. Overall condition of hotel was old and outdated. The bathroom was small and fan did not work. The room safety deposit box was inconveniently located inside the far corner of the closet. The view from the room; however, was spectacular! The balcony window was wall to wall. The room came with a small kitchenette, which was very convenient. The location of the hotel was great, as well. It was a short block away from the beach and very close to lots of shopping and restaurants. With proper renovations, this hotel has great potential.
Other trip Aug 28, 2012
Shqiponja
Great location to stay in. Great view. Guy in reception was super grumpy though... everyone else was nice.
Family trip Aug 20, 2012
"Modest hotel...don't expect any luxuries"
Estethically speaking this hotel didn't meet my expectations. The pictures posted made it look nicer than what it really is. It's definitely an older hotel that and management should spend some money on modernizations. In other things,the elevator made me dizzy everytime I got on it, this was probably due because of its old structure. On a positive note, our room was small but had important ammenities. I did like that the kitchenette had all the necessary things to cook a meal, if I had desired to do so. The housekeeper did a great job cleaning our mess. Hygiene is probably a priority as I never felt that the hotel was dirty in any way. I didnt like paying the 10 a day ammenities fee, but I was told its mandatory. I tried to negotiate my way out of if, to no avail. If you're trying to save $$$ and don't mind a modest hotel, then this place is for you.
Other trip Aug 6, 2012
Eviee
"Great room, so so lobby"
I enjoyed the staff and the room was a pleasant surprise. The lobby and elevator made me nervous, at first, about the room. When we walk in the room the view was amaxing and the room was great. There were floor to ceiling sliding glass doors that were huge.
Business trip Jul 11, 2012
C. White
"family place"
2 1/2 block from waikiki beach, good parking (20 per day) consider a meal it is per plate 25 us$, Location, walking distance to any restaurant, shopping, gallery,art,y you drive close to H1 - take east or west , the best part check out 12 noon, my flight do not leave till 10pm via San francisco, we have the R room , has showers, relax rooms and perfect view, stay in Waikiki beach , come back 4pm take a shower, drove to the airport, nice meal and go home.Recomended, has a small refri,stove,microwave, full plates and glass. recomended, stay 5 night, enjoy, price with a rent a car makes a good rate, aloha! from sunny Florida..(to hot!!)
Other trip Jul 3, 2012
"disapponted"
Hotel experience was disappointing. I expected a real bed instead of a rollaway. Pots and pans were difficult to cook with. Everything stuck to pan even though we used a Pam spray.
Other trip Jun 6, 2012
Lynn
"Great for Families"
Great for families - walking distance to beach, restaurants, market; and having a kitchen or kitchenette is extremely helpful. The rooms are comparatively large. Also, the pool gets good sunlight since it's on the roof (even though the water is cold.)
Other trip May 30, 2012
"I will stay again at the Aston Pacific Monarch"
Good price and great location! Not as fancy as hyatt but its nice hotel comes with kitchen I recommend a studio for couples. And you still get a side view of the beach , also try restaurant down the block called blazzin steaks Amazing food! I love the hotel and loved how the pool is on rooftop great for pictures!! Close to everything happy with my visit there !!!oh also the car rental place Is down the block even grocery store !
Other trip May 30, 2012
Raisa
"terrible stay"
I found one cockroach and I actually never ate anything in the room. I check in around 3p, after taking a nap for my jet lag, I went out at 7p and back at around 12 midnight, and found the cockroach was hide under my pajama which I placed on the vanity counter. I used the toilet paper to kill the cockroach, and called front desk immediately. Front desk staff answered they will send someone come up. However, the person who knocked my door is a big tall security guy, trying to enter a lady’s room during midnight. I denied his access and called to inquiry for professional housekeeping staff to do hygiene work, but the feedback is the hotel only has one night auditor (the front desk staff) and one security guy available during night time. That is most ridiculous talk I ever heard, from a 3 stars and 24 hours operation hotel. I request checking out immediately, the front desk staff told me to stay up until 8am for their executive housekeeper to answer my question. I am so exhausted, but the fear of the room cleanliness and the bed is not comfortable also, I only can fall sleep at 6am. When I was planning to meet their executive housekeeper, I was informed hotel managers are only working from Monday to Friday. What I told their supervisor is “thanks for the terrible stay “ !!! Moreover, I have two door key becoz the first one is not working. Unfortunately, the second door key I have to wait for 30 seconds to try again for a paid guest can enter to her room, thanks God!!
Other trip May 24, 2012
mani

"great budget hotel"
Great area. Perfect for a budget vacation
6 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
colleen
"Recommend"
Great location, close to everything, including public transport and shuttle buses. Good having cooking facilities in room to lower costs. Shuttle bus provided by hotel to Ala Moana Shopping Centre isn't always reliable but can get $2 Pink Shuttle instead. Access to DVD's included in price.
7 night family trip Mar 20, 2015