All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
229 Paoakalani Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

The hotel had plenty of room. The couch was not comfortable at all and the bedding cover is that horrible material from the 80's. Also, we were just above an outdoor balcony and we could hear everything that was said. Not much insulation from outside noise. Other than that, we were cool and comfortable and the beach was not far away. We were also upgraded to a two bedroom suite which was nice.
3 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
Connie
"Great deal for a family."
Great location. Perfect for a family.
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Great trip"
Wish I knew that you need to check into hotel first and get your room card key before parking your car and unloading all your luggage. You need your hotel room card to access the elevators in the parking garage. But other than that, our family trip here was great! Great room, very spacious, felt like another home away from home. Loved our ocean view, staff were friendly and accommodating. Walking distance to waikiki beach was a plus. Overall a really great trip and experience. Would definitely come back.
4 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
"Invest in carpet cleaners."
The hotel is in a very nice spot at the end of the strip and a block off the beach. Having a full kitchen was a great asset so we could cook some meals and not live off the local food scene. The carpet in our room was a high traffic type. This being said it was filthy. If you took off your shoes your socks would become brown. If you took off your socks your feet would become brown. The carpet definately needed a good cleaning. Under the furniture was even dirtier. The furniture was decent but rough on the skin. Overall I would recommend a stay but be vocal about the cleanliness of the carpet.
6 night family trip May 25, 2015
"7 nights vacation"
We booked this hotel because there was very good pricing for our family of five. We were not disappointed for money we paid. Very quiet place (we've had mountain/city view) Close to the beach, good kitchen with new cabinets and fast running elevators. Hotel provided towels (at housekeeping department (4th floor) and you can take them to the beach or hotel pool at 6th Floor.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Vasiliy
"Clean and comfortable"
This was a great room for the price! The bed and pull out sofa were comfortable and I loved the fully equipped kitchen! The only thing I didn't like we're the hard tile floors and the fact that on top of $15 per day parking, there's also a MANDATORY $18 charge per day for amenities. All in all our stay was great and the housekeeping was on point. We would definitely come here again.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Erin
"Ok for the price"
There was ants crawling in the sinks and bed. The knifes was not sharp. The faucet has no pressure. They did not clean the room until almost 3pm. Over all it was close the beach. Safeway was 45 mins away going there.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Thangan
"many amenities - close to the beach"
Awesome location - two blocks from Waikiki, near Diamond Head and many places to eat. A good little walk to the Safeway but worth it to cook/have food in the room. kitchen was well stocked with basics to cook/make meals. No hot tub, nice pool. Older hotel/condo so some wear and tear on the building is to be expected. Staff was great and very helpful. individual wifi code for our room was great and reliable. had DVD Player and PlayStation 3 in our room and DVDs and games to borrow in lobby. really liked how the daily amenity fee included wifi, movies and pool/beach gear. not much of an ocean view (you're looking mostly at other buildings) but the mountain view is amazing - especially from the higher floors.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Miranda
Great view and very close to beach and shopping strip - beware there is an additional 18 dollar fee per day...
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Lili
"Great Budget-Friendly Family Hotel!"
We just spent 6 days at this hotel and we were very pleased! Family of 5, the room was wonderful and had great amenities (stove, refrigerator, microwave etc.) so we were able to take a trip to Walmart to stock up on breakfast food and snacks. Saved us a great deal of $$. The staff was so wonderful. When we checked in, they had us on the 14th floor and my mother is afraid of heights and they graciously did what they good and were able to move us to the 8th floor. The free DVD rentals were awesome and anytime we called Housekeeping for more towels etc. they came so quick! Not to mention, the location is Amazing, right in the heart of all the shops of Waikiki and two blocks from the beach. $15 per night for parking which was fine and $18 hotel fee per night was okay too. Definitely recommend!
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Kat
"Decent hotel in nice location. Hidden expenses"
Kids loved beach but it was about 3 blocks away.Restaurants are within walking distance none at hotel. Hotel is on bus line although bus fare was $2.50 per person, one way. Hidden expenses: parking was $15 a day and other assorted features were a mandatory fee of $18 per day whether they were used or not. Over all, it was acceptable.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Jay
"Easy access to EVERYTHING in Waikiki."
Condominium-style hotel for your stay in Hawaii (Oahu), namely Waikiki beach. It's literally 2 blocks away, and the location is perfect for any tour pick up/drop off, including to go to downtown, airport, Pearl Harbor, or up north. The pick up/drop off location for these tours are one block over, and the bus stop for around town is only 200 feet away. Perfect for going to the airport or a long day of vacationing.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Hello NYC!
"comfortable"
Nice view and location
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
joseph
"nice hotel close to my uncle's Condemin"
I enjoyed a place with in walking distance of everything
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Nathaniel
"comfortable for the price and location"
Our family drove in and had a bit of trouble figuring out how to get in; the drive up for registration is not marked and comes off a side street. The parking garage attendant then told us to park on the 2nd to 4th floors- which happens to have locked doors to the building. Luckily, a very nice housekeeper let us in. They just don't make anything easy. The pool and courts are nice, but why have towel check out on another floor? Again, not easy or helpful. Some areas seem they could use some care; cleaning or repainting, but the room was nice. The furniture was worn and scratched, but that is what we expected. The carpet was very dirty, but again we expected that. Our unit did not have a frying pan, and only had 3 spoons. Don't expect any condiments; even salt and pepper. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We only rented a standard room, but were upgraded to a higher floor with views of the ocean (through the buildings) and Diamond Head, without even asking (upon booking I requested a high floor). Overall, comfortable and convenient for our family of 5.
3 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
"Great staff and views. Close to shops beach"
Very nice. Would stay again. Loved the views if the beach and sunset.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Hotel far from restaurants"
Coaches in kitchen. Rude services..... far from the restaurants
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Waikiki in November"
It was an overall lovely stay. The hotel staff wasn't bad, nor good. They kept to themselves and we did the same. We weren't bothered at all, we had a good experience. Wish it was a little closer to the middle of Waikiki, it's at the end. & The pull out sofa isn't that comfy, but it was okay. Over all I'd stay there again.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Nice room for the money."
Great location , friendly staff and nice room for the money. You get a separate bedroom which is nice. Pool isn't very good but it is 2 blocks from the beach.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Amazing view on the 32nd floor!"
We checked in at 2am and were welcomed by a gentleman. He was so kind that he upgraded us to the 32nd floor and said "Wait until the morning". In the morning we opened the curtains and WOW what a view!!! It was literally breathtaking. I'm assuming that this view is only available on the top floors since there are other hotels obstructing the view. It's not a five star hotel but it does the job. It's walking distance to Waikiki Beach, they have a movie rental kiosk downstairs. The little store inside is expensive and the pool always has shade. But we were in Hawaii so what's the point of staying in your room all day!?!?! It does the trick for a great price! :) I would definitely stay there again!
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Mendez Fam
Hotel is only 3 blocks away from the beach. The staff was cordial and efficient. The furniture could use a little updating along with the carpet, but the room was clean. For what you pay around Waikiki, it was a good deal.
Todd
"loved the separate room, wish they cleaned better"
The layout of the hotel was awesome, had a living room and separate bedroom. It was not to far from the beach (the part with the wall), it's a 10 min walk to swim where the waves are. The only bad thing was , they did not clean the hotel well after the previous guests . We had dried liquid stains on the walls , the kitchen plates weren't very clean , one the the cups still had something in it from previous guests . The drawers had some other people's trash , like old earphones and locks . But other than that we liked the room and would probably stay again.
Mila
"Where's the hot tub?"
Overall, this is a great hotel for the price. Our only complaint was we were promised tea every day as part of the amenity fee. It was there the first day but never replaced. My gf lives for tea. Our only other complaint was there is no hot tub and we couldn't find the sauna we were told about. Other than that this hotel fit our needs perfectly.
"Not a bad location and the room was awesome."
Very nice and spacious room. Very clean and the staff was real friendly. A bit of a walk to the beach but still a nice location.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
heidi
"GREAT HOTEL"
Great hotel with clean and updated appliances; very close to Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
M
"Out of the way location. Not much signage."
Good check-in staff, very pleasant. Room/s were very sunny with full length windows. Furnishing showing a little wear and tear. No dishwasher in kitchen. Bathroom was good, had a hand-held shower which is a plus. The mandatory amenity fee of 18/day should be included in hotel pricing and not hidden. Parking at 15/day is a good deal in Waikiki. My room was on the 20th floor and had a mountain view. Not bad but large condo/hotels block much of the view.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Norman
"off the beaten path"
overall average to above average. Carpeting needs updating, Room conditions were excellent. small bottle of champagne and chocolate covered macadamian nuts were a nice welcome gift. A lot of amenities with coffee, full refridgerator, utensils. Very reasonable if planned on staying longer and wanted to buy groceries.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2014
anne
"Great ocean view"
Found the 1 bedroom condo very comfortable and clean. We had everything we needed to cook breakfast every morning. Our view was incredible, from both inside the condo and on the balcony. The staff was very accomodating and helpful. Would definately stay again.
5 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
Pam
I love t come back to stay. This Hotel is good for family with the good services. The people here is nice and the front desk is friendly
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Ann
"Stolen Medications!!!"
I had two very Important medications taken from our room. Made a report not only with the hotel manager but with the Honolulu P.D. Absolutely nothing was done to help me! I will NEVER stay at an Astin property again. Nor will I recommend them !
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Patti
"A truly wonderful and enjoyable vacation."
Fun, relaxing, enjoyable time. Enjoyed the activities. We were treated very well.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"My teenagers loved the free DVD machine..."
Highly recommend this hotel. The staff was very accommodating and the rooms were comfortable. Unfortunately a hurricane hit the island our second day there. The hotel keep us updated on the weather and the precautions being taken. My preteen/teen kids really enjoyed the free DVD and game rental box downstairs. Thankfully the hurricane wasn't as bad as they expected so the hotel operated as normal. (From what we could tell.) I would definitely free comfortable staying at this hotel on my next trip to Hawaii. It's in walking distance of everything. Great Place!
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
J. Nicole
"Near to beach but not close enough for shopping."
Very comfortable and equipped with all that we needed to please a family of 4, our twin 7 year old daughters had everything they needed, the hotel had free movies to select from, beach towels for the beach to use, a small on site convenient store who rented beach chairs to us, but they did not have beach umbrellas.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Old, needs dusting, close to beach."
It looked very old and it needs lot of dusting. Even though, house cleaning came every day and we paid 18 a day for that, they only change towels, made the bed and vacuum. They never did any dusting. I have dust on all of the windows. The first day, the shower coil was found all twisted loose but was fixed promptly. Great maintenance staff! Walking distance to the beach and all of the stores and shopping in Waikiki.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
My family and I enjoyed our stay at the Aston Waikiki Sunset. The room was very comfortable and quiet and we loved the size of the suite, kitchen, and full bath. Parking was good as well. My kids loved the pool - perfect size for younger children. Lastly, the location was excellent to get to the beach and restaurants. To be honest, we weren't wow'ed by the look of the hotel and room when we first arrived but in the end, it was so functional and comfortable, we really felt at home and I'd rather have that than anything fancy. However, a suggestion would be to update the carpets and living area furniture to look a bit more modern. Similar comment on staff - everyone was very efficient and helpful that we interacted with but I'd have to say not overly friendly but always polite. Thanks for a great stay and we would strongly consider staying there again next team we vacation in Waikiki.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Disaster from the beginning to the end."
It was not what I purchase online. My entire party was split up with rooms that were separated. Which put a damper on our whole vacation. As a result, the dream vacation turned into a nightmare from hell. When I tried to rectify the problem, I was told that I was on my own and hung up on. My party was totallmy dissatisfied.
unhappy maryAnn
"Excellent location"
hotel was close to the beach, shops and restaurants. hotel was 1-2 blocks from tour pick up meeting place. Full kitchen was great, came complete with everything you need. We booked 3 activities with the hotel agent who was great. We enjoyed all the activities he recommended. hotel was clean, staff was very nice, accommodating and professional. will definitely recommend and will return to same facility.
"Don't stay here"
I would not send my worst enemy to this hotel. The staff was rude, the room service was almost non existent . We arrived early and asked for early check in and they said we had to call back around 1:30. We finally got into our room about 3:15. The elevators where super slow and always crowded. We were told the room had 5 beds and when we only had two and a sofa bed the front desk blamed Hotels.com. We even showed the paperwork stating 5 beds and they could have cared less. This hotel is also has condo units with full time residents who were less than happy to share with the tourist. Pay the extra money and stay somewhere else.
7 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Mom of 3
"Nice hotel, close to beach, restaurants, and shops"
The maids didn't get to our room until 5pm, which is about the time we returned from our day activities to get ready to go out for dinner. Very bad timing. Very nice hotel otherwise.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
JoAnn
"Not Fancy, But Comdortable!"
We had a condo on the 12th floor. I did reserve a room with 2 twin beds, but when we got there, I was told if we wanted it I had to ask someone to come up and move the two apart, the only problem was if they did that you couldn't get in the closet! So we had to settle for sleeping together in a queen. Idk why they offer the twins when it is obvious it would not work in that size room:/ other than that the stay was pleasant. Every time we asked for towels or coffee it was provided. Pool kept nice and clean. Beach a short walk and kitchen handy!
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Bonnie
"Waikiki Vacation"
Enjoyed our stay for the most part. The pool area is on the side of the hotel that gets a lot of wind and was chilly when not in direct sun. Other than that, the location is good. The service was food.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"nice hotel close to beach"
have stayed at hotel 5 times nice close to the beach
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
gwen
"Not clean at all, no vacuum for whole week"
Very disappointed! Housekeeping was always done late and never actually cleaned.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Tania
"Close to everthing!"
We loved our two week stay at the Aston Sunset Waikiki. It was convenient to everything we wanted to see and do and the staff was very helpful in advising when we inquired. The only things that I would change about the room would be the mattess (not enough cushion on top; however, housekeeping immediately added an additional mattess pad when requested which helped considerably) and the rollers on the sliding glass door in the bedroom as the door was little difficult to open and close. The hotel provided everything we could possibly need to prepare meals in our room or on the grills provided near the pool and tennis courts. We would definitely stay at this hotel again!
11 night family trip Jun 16, 2014
Stacy
"Great for families"
I wouldn't recommend it for a honeymoon or dream vacation, but for those familiar with Waikiki and traveling with a family this is a good choice - reasonable price and convenient enough location.
7 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
"Hotel was close to restaurants and the beach."
My family enjoyed our stay in Oahu. The hotel was clean and our room was very comfortable. We liked that the beach and restaurants were in walking distance from the hotel.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Nice, and affordable"
We stayed 3 nights, and enjoyed our stay. Took a tour of Pearl Harbor one day, just relaxed and watched a World Cup game the other day.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Ed
It was a nice experience, a short walk to the beach and close to everything.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Kitchen is fully equipped. Location is in waikiki but doesn't have good view compared to other hotels. No breakfast except free one time free breakfast for selling gifts in other stores. $33 tax for daily extra charge for amenity and parking.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Great condo, excellent for a family."
We had an excellent experience here. We went there to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary with our extended family. We had 4 condos. We were all on the same floor and close to each other. The thing that was frustrating is when I called before our stay, the hotel wouldn't confirm what floor we were on, if we were all on the same floor and if we were close to each other. We had to wait until we arrived to find out. Other than that everything was excellent.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014