All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America

Great room
    Breakfast is average
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Close to the beach, eating and shopping"
The 2 bedroom suite was perfect for our family of 5 and we had a nice view of Diamond Head from our patio. The hotel was 2 short blocks from the beach, ABC stores and eateries. The Waikiki Trolley was also easily accessible but we chose to walk to the shopping district near Ala Moana, about 15-20 minutes. The room was a bit dated with the popcorn ceilings and we were unable to open our bedroom windows as they were screwed shut. Probably because the floor just below us was the pool and tennis court area. Our room was also located close to the laundry room so it was nice to be able to wash a few loads before returning home. The parking garage was very tight so be prepared maneuver your vehicle into a spot. I would probably stay here again if it was all 5 of us.
4 night family trip Mar 16, 2016
Denise
"Pleasant hotel with a great location"
We stayed in a two bedroom suite on the 23rd floor. The suite was spacious but the bedrooms themselves were rather small but the bedding and pillows were nice. The kitchen was a nice amenity to have but the decor, bathroom, furniture and appliance were a bit dated. Overall it was a nice place because of its view, location and spacious suite. Service was pleasant but average. It would be a good place for a family or group traveling together. Location and view at higher levels are the pluses.
2 night trip with friends Feb 9, 2016
Pasom
"Downtown oceanfront"
Quick trip but a blessing to be back there at the aston. They have done a wonderful job remodeling the place. I'd recommend it any day.
2 night family trip Jan 19, 2016
Keith
"Stay in Waikiki for LE$$ than oceanfront..."
We stayed 4 nites after 2 weeks on Big Island...wanted to see Ohau and Waikiki again. We enjoyed all that the area has to offer...beaches, sunsets, resturants and shopping! Loved how close we were to everything and that we had parking. Room size is excellent for up to 4 people not 5 as advertised. Large 560 sq ft room with mountain view...really enjoyed our time here in the condo although we did drive over 300 miles in our rental car.
3 night romance trip Jan 18, 2016
LAWRENCE
"OK hotel, not that great, not that bad"
I stayed in this hotel for 1 day only. It is an ok hotel, not that great, not that bad for the family, either. However, I found a better hotel with cheaper price, better quality and better location near the beach in Honolulu. I stayed in that hotel for the remaining 5 days and was very happy. If you do your research, you will find a better hotel with the same price.
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2016
"Best layover ever"
The best airport layover ever. It was 23 hours of fun and sun!
1 night family trip Dec 15, 2015
"Excellent mountain view rooms!"
The rooms are spacious and have spectacular views to the mountains. The beach is walking distance approx. 2 blocks away from Waikiki Beach and same to the zoo. Great family hotel.
Other trip Jan 6, 2016
Wendy
"GREAT VALUE"
We stayed in room 2211, a one bedroom condo with 3 adults and 2 teenage sons. I was concerned the condo would be to small for 5 but was pleasantly surprised how roomy it was. We packed a blow up mattress since we has 5 people in the roomorning (there was a king bed and fold out couch), this saved $30 a day since we didn't need to rent a roll away. Just store it under the bed when not in use. The room was updated and in good repair the only negative is the overall condition of the building needs to be refreshed (hallways, lobby, etc). Don't let that keep you from staying here!! Staff are great, housekeeping went above and beyond, small store on the 5th floor handy and location great!! We went to Walmart which was a zoo, we found foodland to be much quicker for supplies. We packed essentials such as zip lock bags, tin foil, seasonings, laundry soap and even some food to keep costs down. First time packing frozen food in a Costco cooler (steaks, bacon, etc wrapped in newspaper) and it worked perfectly, after 9 hours it was still 80% frozen! Having a tennis court was fun for our sons at night. The BBQ grills are CLEAN and top notch. Parking easy and a steal in waikiki at $15 a day. The movie and PS3 kiosk was an added bonus, free and easy to use, even at Christmas time. The reviews are spot on about the slow elevators, but what's a few extra minutes waiting! Great value if you are looking for condo type accommodations, would definitely stay again.
7 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
Tanya
"We will be back"
Everyone was very nice except for one person (gentleman) at the front desk who became irritated while discussing parking arrangements. Close to everything. Great location.
3 night family trip Dec 21, 2015
"Waikiki trip"
Good clean hotel. Very close to the beach, zoo and diamond head crater.
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2015
Prashant
"Well located in Waikiki and not too expensive."
Not to expensive hotel in Waikiki close to the zoo. Just 5min from the beach and close to all you need around. We had a room with kitchen which was great, to prepare some food. Waikiki is expensive! Only, the internet was kind of slow. We had a signal but couldn't get anything on the computer. As we stayed only one night before heading back home, so I can't say how fast they would have fixed that. The rooms are very clean and there's enough space. We had floor 36 facing the city which gave us an awesome view at night. Oceanview is pretty sure also nice up there. Further more down you may look at neighbouring buildings. The hotel is a bit older what you may see inside, but as said above, it's also not one of the expensive ones. Staff was very friendly.
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
DR. PETER
"Extended Holiday, Loved Hawaii"
We had originally booked for 10 nights, decided to extend our stay another 5 nights. Aston Sunset very accomodating relocated from a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom with no fuss. Much appreciated. Decor is a bit tired looking and could do with a spruce up. Staff and tour desk very friendly and helpful.
5 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
Gillian
The rooms were clean and roomy. There was a full kitchen that had everything you needed. Great service and beds soft. We had a beautiful view of diamond head Will absolutely stay here again
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
"nice hotel, but..."
I have a serious criticism. They need to get rid of their popcorn ceilings. There are bugs and dust housed up there underneath all the ruts and ridges. I could see white dust and specks of white falling from the ceiling. Gross. They need to get the drapes replaced. They're filthy. They should also replace the carpets and tile. So that was my major criticism. The layout of the suite and the experience itself was very pleasant. I just couldn't completely relax.
Other trip Dec 1, 2015
Leeah
"Hidden Fees and incorrect bed."
Had an extra of 45$ per day in extra fees for Wifi, parking, PS3, daily paper etc. Most of these services I did not even want as we we're traveling across the island. Also I booked a king sizef bed but was given a twin bed room. When asking to give me what I originally booked I was told no rooms are available and I am unable to get a king sized room. Very dissapointing on a wedding trip to not have a bed to sleep in together. Contacted the front service desk to bring up a matress pad 3 times to combine the two beds and was told they will bring one up. This unfortunatly never showed up. We gave up after asking the third time.
Other trip Nov 28, 2015
Jens
"Local family enjoyed our stay!!"
We would stay again. Room was nice, neat and clean. Loved the kitchenette, everything was nice and new. Staff was excellent and accommodating. Wifi didn't work tho. Also because we used debit card we had to put $100 cash deposit??
2 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
Not Provided
"Aston Waikiki Sunset"
My wife and I went to Waikiki for our 25th anniversary. The Waikiki Sunset is very convenient to Waikiki Beach and the surrounding area. The building is a bit older and dated and you can wait forever for an elevator, but the room was updated and clean and the staff was great - with the exception of one grumpy parking attendant (her Aloha tank was on empty for our entire week's stay). We booked a standard room but easily upgraded when we arrived at the hotel. We ended up staying on the 37th floor and had sweeping views of the beach and Diamond Head. The floor to ceiling windows allowed a remarkable view without even leaving our bed.
6 night romance trip Nov 1, 2015
Neale
"1 month in Waikiki"
Like all hotels in Waikiki, be prepared to pay for parking and an amenities fee. Alot cheaper then other hotels. Easy walk to the beack and easy access to go on trips.
26 night business trip Oct 11, 2015
Patrick
"Waikiki"
Great price and location. Plenty of room. Great for family with kids.
4 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2015
"There are so many bugs in the hotel"
I wish the hotel has gym and also there are many bugs I have encountered from the sofa I believe its a bed bugs because my kids and I are so many rashes from the sofa.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
"Not impressed"
I was disappointed with my overall stay at the Aston, it was not what I expected after the reviews. Old, outdated, close to the beach but not worth it. The room was dirty, old, and to be honest with you, not even sure what kind of housekeeping gets done there, there was sist everywhere, the carpets were old and foul smelling as well as the shower curtain, the staff made me feel like we were not welcome from the get go, except for one of the bell boy's, he was an older gentleman, he was extremely kind, wish I got his name. We lost our sons rash guard and swimming shorts by accidentally dropping it in with the towel bin on the 4th floor and they couldn't find it which was disappointing. I heard the front desk associates talk bad about guests several times, it was unprofessional. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. You obviously get what you pay for and it was not cheap to begin with. I would definitely pay the extra money and stay at a better hotel next time back I'm Hawaii. Everything else was amazing; however, disappointed with our stay.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Di
"Okay place"
Okay/average place. Old building with long waits for the elevators.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Barak
"Low key place fairly close to the beach"
This condo is good for families, don't expect anything fancy however. I stayed with my teenage son and it was perfectly adequate for our needs. We were on the 7th floor and so our view was disappointing (other tower blocks, the tennis court and pool) but I didn't expect much since we were not going to be near the water as such. Depending on which side of the building you end up on, you might have views of Diamond Head, and if up high enough and on the "water"side, you just might get a sneak peak of ocean. The lanai was very small and it was always too hot to sit there, so we only used it to dry our towels and swim suits. My main concern is about not having dishwashers in the unit (mine anyway) so you are relying on guests to wash dishes and utensils by hand for other guests, meaning dishes may never get properly sanitized. Per the stated condo policy, housekeepers may not wash dishes so you have to wash what you use. The room cleaning was very generous in that they replaced towels every day and made the beds, etc. but some days didn't come until around 4 pm.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Jackie
"home away from Home"
great staff great experience allowed early checkin
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Old hotel that exceeds my expectation. Great view"
Have to say is my favorite hotel in Hawaii. It has big living room, kitchen and bathroom. It has everything from cooking wares to utensils. Doesn't seem to be a new hotel, but everything looks clean and neat. We sat on the balcony and enjoyed the view.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Offrampq
The hotel had plenty of room. The couch was not comfortable at all and the bedding cover is that horrible material from the 80's. Also, we were just above an outdoor balcony and we could hear everything that was said. Not much insulation from outside noise. Other than that, we were cool and comfortable and the beach was not far away. We were also upgraded to a two bedroom suite which was nice.
3 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
Connie
"Good experience."
Great time and staff was awesome. Good service and great cleanliness.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Ernest
"Great deal for a family."
Great location. Perfect for a family.
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Nice hotel close to beach"
This hotel is a descent hotel and we were given a room on the 37th floor with an ocean view. The view was very nice and the room was clean and met our need for four people. The biggest disadvantage was an 18 dollar extra charge for facilities not used. All in all an acceptable hotel for staying short term in Hawaii.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"Nice hotel, walking distance to beach"
Great place to stay for the price! It's an older hotel, but very well kept. Having a full kitchen is a great perk!
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
HT
"Nice hotel in an awesome location."
We will definitely be returning to this hotel. One downfall, pool was closed off for two days but luckily Waikiki Beach was just two blocks down the street. Housekeeping came late to clean but we just left for an hour while they tidy up. Our family loves. We are from the islands so hospitality was on spot. We'll be back.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
Local family
"Hawaii Family Vacation"
This was a family vacation so we had two of our boys with us and they did like the place, how spacious it was and the kitchen. They were happy to know that there was a PS3 but not too happy when they found out that there was only 2 games available to play. The resort fees that we're paying for was for the PS3 too but I think that they just have it there so that you're able to watch the movies that they have and not necessarily to play the games.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Yolanda
Super nice beach is close and store beautiful I recommend
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"I loved the room."
It was so nice to have an apartment to stay in during our vacation. Having a full kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bath was awesome. Housekeepers very good. Front desk staff very helpful. Being able to get as many beach towels as we needed was great. I will stay there again.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
"Great trip"
Wish I knew that you need to check into hotel first and get your room card key before parking your car and unloading all your luggage. You need your hotel room card to access the elevators in the parking garage. But other than that, our family trip here was great! Great room, very spacious, felt like another home away from home. Loved our ocean view, staff were friendly and accommodating. Walking distance to waikiki beach was a plus. Overall a really great trip and experience. Would definitely come back.
4 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
"Invest in carpet cleaners."
The hotel is in a very nice spot at the end of the strip and a block off the beach. Having a full kitchen was a great asset so we could cook some meals and not live off the local food scene. The carpet in our room was a high traffic type. This being said it was filthy. If you took off your shoes your socks would become brown. If you took off your socks your feet would become brown. The carpet definately needed a good cleaning. Under the furniture was even dirtier. The furniture was decent but rough on the skin. Overall I would recommend a stay but be vocal about the cleanliness of the carpet.
6 night family trip May 25, 2015
Close to the beach. Parking was a little pricey and staff were nice.
Other trip May 31, 2015
"7 nights vacation"
We booked this hotel because there was very good pricing for our family of five. We were not disappointed for money we paid. Very quiet place (we've had mountain/city view) Close to the beach, good kitchen with new cabinets and fast running elevators. Hotel provided towels (at housekeeping department (4th floor) and you can take them to the beach or hotel pool at 6th Floor.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Vasiliy
"Clean and comfortable"
This was a great room for the price! The bed and pull out sofa were comfortable and I loved the fully equipped kitchen! The only thing I didn't like we're the hard tile floors and the fact that on top of $15 per day parking, there's also a MANDATORY $18 charge per day for amenities. All in all our stay was great and the housekeeping was on point. We would definitely come here again.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Erin
"Ok for the price"
There was ants crawling in the sinks and bed. The knifes was not sharp. The faucet has no pressure. They did not clean the room until almost 3pm. Over all it was close the beach. Safeway was 45 mins away going there.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Thangan
"many amenities - close to the beach"
Awesome location - two blocks from Waikiki, near Diamond Head and many places to eat. A good little walk to the Safeway but worth it to cook/have food in the room. kitchen was well stocked with basics to cook/make meals. No hot tub, nice pool. Older hotel/condo so some wear and tear on the building is to be expected. Staff was great and very helpful. individual wifi code for our room was great and reliable. had DVD Player and PlayStation 3 in our room and DVDs and games to borrow in lobby. really liked how the daily amenity fee included wifi, movies and pool/beach gear. not much of an ocean view (you're looking mostly at other buildings) but the mountain view is amazing - especially from the higher floors.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Miranda
Great view and very close to beach and shopping strip - beware there is an additional 18 dollar fee per day...
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Lili
"Great Budget-Friendly Family Hotel!"
We just spent 6 days at this hotel and we were very pleased! Family of 5, the room was wonderful and had great amenities (stove, refrigerator, microwave etc.) so we were able to take a trip to Walmart to stock up on breakfast food and snacks. Saved us a great deal of $$. The staff was so wonderful. When we checked in, they had us on the 14th floor and my mother is afraid of heights and they graciously did what they good and were able to move us to the 8th floor. The free DVD rentals were awesome and anytime we called Housekeeping for more towels etc. they came so quick! Not to mention, the location is Amazing, right in the heart of all the shops of Waikiki and two blocks from the beach. $15 per night for parking which was fine and $18 hotel fee per night was okay too. Definitely recommend!
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Kat
"Decent hotel in nice location. Hidden expenses"
Kids loved beach but it was about 3 blocks away.Restaurants are within walking distance none at hotel. Hotel is on bus line although bus fare was $2.50 per person, one way. Hidden expenses: parking was $15 a day and other assorted features were a mandatory fee of $18 per day whether they were used or not. Over all, it was acceptable.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Jay
"Easy access to EVERYTHING in Waikiki."
Condominium-style hotel for your stay in Hawaii (Oahu), namely Waikiki beach. It's literally 2 blocks away, and the location is perfect for any tour pick up/drop off, including to go to downtown, airport, Pearl Harbor, or up north. The pick up/drop off location for these tours are one block over, and the bus stop for around town is only 200 feet away. Perfect for going to the airport or a long day of vacationing.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Hello NYC!
"comfortable"
Nice view and location
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
joseph
"nice hotel close to my uncle's Condemin"
I enjoyed a place with in walking distance of everything
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Nathaniel
"comfortable for the price and location"
Our family drove in and had a bit of trouble figuring out how to get in; the drive up for registration is not marked and comes off a side street. The parking garage attendant then told us to park on the 2nd to 4th floors- which happens to have locked doors to the building. Luckily, a very nice housekeeper let us in. They just don't make anything easy. The pool and courts are nice, but why have towel check out on another floor? Again, not easy or helpful. Some areas seem they could use some care; cleaning or repainting, but the room was nice. The furniture was worn and scratched, but that is what we expected. The carpet was very dirty, but again we expected that. Our unit did not have a frying pan, and only had 3 spoons. Don't expect any condiments; even salt and pepper. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We only rented a standard room, but were upgraded to a higher floor with views of the ocean (through the buildings) and Diamond Head, without even asking (upon booking I requested a high floor). Overall, comfortable and convenient for our family of 5.
3 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
"Great staff and views. Close to shops beach"
Very nice. Would stay again. Loved the views if the beach and sunset.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Hotel far from restaurants"
Coaches in kitchen. Rude services..... far from the restaurants
Other trip Dec 20, 2014