All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2470 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great room, horrible lobby"
We were impressed with our room on the 36th floor. It seemed to have been renovated and was modern and well appointed with new furniture and a new kitchen. The room was also very clean and the complimentary sodas were a nice touch. The lobby of the hotel is quite dated, cramped, and dark. When we walked in at check in we thought that the place was going to be crummy, and we're totally surprised that the room was as nice as it was. The lobby being unwelcoming doesn't really take away from the experience, but it really is pretty bad. Check in was smooth, and check out was as well. Watch out for the 25$ a night resort fee, it's disclosed on the hotels.com page but wasn't included in our confirmation, so that was a surprised as we had forgotten about it.
2 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Best vacation hotel"
Me and my family would like to thank your hotel for such a wonderful vacation experience. Everything is so close by and the beach is just in front of the hotel. The view is spectacular. In front is the beach and diamond head was the view on the side.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
tarots
"close to beach, restaurant,shops"
location is perfect. good for family but swimming pool is too small
Response by Aston Waikiki Beach Tower
Aloha, And MAHALO to these guests for staying with us and for taking time to share their experiences with us. I was really happy to see that they found our location to be ideal for their vacation needs and our suites to be spacious enough for their family . I did note their comment about our "cozy" pool and while it is smaller than other pools, the "best" pool is right across the street from us and all of our guests have really enjoyed their time at famous Waikiki Beach. Mahalo again to these guests for staying with us and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of hosting them in the future! Aloha!
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
sun
"Spacious, excellent location"
Very spacious suite, lots of room everywhere and on balcony. Expect the furnishings to be a little dated, but it didn't detract from our stay. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Outstanding location!"
We booked a 2-room ocean-view suite for my father's 93rd birthday for 5 nights. The first room was on the 8th floor and while the room itself was great, there was construction going on outside on the railings on one side of the building. On our third day, the noise was too much and we asked to be relocated. The manager was very, very kind and responsive and he relocated us to a similar room on the 38th floor. He also has champagne and chocolates sent up to our room for my father's birthday as well as a refund on the resort tax. His professional and courteous response made all the difference for both our stay and our attitudes. The only area for a bit of improvement would be that the valet/bellhop desk seems to be in frequent overwhelm, especially during the busy mornings. My suggestion would be to have at least 2 people on that desk during those times. Our stay was excellent. I would recommend this property. It is in a great location right across from the 2 lagoon areas just south of Waikiki. Perfect for swimming.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Roger
Wonderful view, clean and comfort. Staff was nice and kind.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
EJ
"Major disappointment"
First of all,this is not an "oceanfront" hotel but rather a converted condo building across a very busy street from the beach.When my children and I arrived we were told "oh since you booked with Expedia I guess you saw their notice that we are undergoing construction and that you can't use the pool or Jacuzzi and you can't go out on the balcony either." Had I TRULY been warned I would have never booked this property.The rooms themselves have very old furniture,including analog TV's and the beds were quite uncomfortable.Had I not pre-paid,I would have left.As it was we left for Kauai for 2 days to escape and paid for another hotel as well.
Response by Aston Waikiki Beach Tower
Aloha , I would like to take this opportunity to say MAHALO to you for allowing us the opportunity of hosting you and your family. I am so very sorry that you were not aware of the pool and balcony closure prior to your arrival at the property. We have really tried our best to ensure our communication with our travel partners and guests making their reservation directly with us is timely and as current as possible to ensure that everyone is aware of what is happening at the property. I am very sorry this information was not shared with you and I am going to followup with our Sales team to ensure that our website as well as the sites for our travel partners are current. I also noted your comments about the age of the furnishings in your unit and I am pleased to share with you that we are in the midst of planning the new unit renovation which will include among other things the items you mentioned in your post. Mahalo again for staying with us and for your comments.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Ken
"Good Location close to shopping and beach"
Honolulu was like being back in the mainland. To much traffic
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Vince
"Awesome place close to everywhere for fun"
Spent two weeks and enjoyed every moment. My teenagers enjoyed the location being close to everything
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
linda
"Nice hotel, great location"
Wonderful room, awesome view, huge balcony, tons of room, great kitchen, the staff went out of there way to help me when I lost something. One day it was raining they let us borrow umbrellas. There was beach towels everyday. Had a wonderful stay!
Other trip May 27, 2014
debbie
"I will recommend families to book this hotel."
Covenient and nice. I will recommend families to book this hotel.
Other trip May 14, 2014
"Mostly great"
The hotel staff was great right from the start and throughout our stay. Valet/bellhop were always quick and helpful. Front desk staff was friendly and informative. The access to Waikiki Beach is great. The size of the accommodations were huge for Waikiki standards. The condition of the accommodations was about average for Waikiki (which is typically dated and worn) but it felt clean. In-room clothes washer/dryer is invaluable when you go through more clothes than normal due to the heat and outdoor activities. Free (or included in relatively modest $23/day resort fee) wifi, valet parking, DVD rental service, playstation were nice perks.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Chuck
"Very close to the beach"
I've never stayed in a hotel with such an outstanding hospitality!! Amazing! Everyone smiles. There's not one worker there that doesn't smile, from management to room service.... What an spectacular experience my family and I had at the wikiki beach tower thank you all!!!
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"More Condo Than Hotel"
With the full kitchen, washer and dryer, multiple TVs, along with the 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, it exceeded my expecations for the accomodations. However, with exterior building maintenance in progress, I was disappointed to find the pool closed and balacony unavailable. However, I was very impressed with the accomodations and close location to the beach and restaurants.
5 night trip Apr 6, 2014
Jason Olds
"Great Hotel/Condo across from Waikiki beach"
We had full view of Waikiki Beach. My 3 sons (20-22) were on a Surfing Spring Break so they could watch the surf from the balcony. The kitchen was fully functional and it was great to have 2 full baths for 4 adults. Please check with the hotel regarding the construction on the front of the building as access to the balcony was locked for security reasons. This was a great disappointment, to have a great view from a large balcony that you cannot enjoy.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Lia
"Great hotel across from the beach"
Our stay here was fabulous. The staff was very friendly and fast with any requests we had. This hotel was currently doing some remodeling but it didn't affect us at all. Every morning we received a letter keeping us informed of any remodeling that may affect us in anyway. Clean, quiet, friendly staff, great location, and very reasonable price.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
Arlene
"The best location to be in at Waikiki"
It was my family's first time in Hawaii and I'm so glad I booked it with Aston Waikiki Beach Tower . The staff were super awesome and approachable people. The shops were very close and the beach was literally across the street. Plus the hotel lends you a beach towel with no charge. I decided to get the deluxe ocean view last minute after I read some reviews that it was totally worth it. I'm really iffy on spending a lot on hotel rooms but I'm glad I put in extra cash to gets the deluxe ocean view suite! It was worth it!! I highly recommend this hotel!! Plus no car parking fee!
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
stephanie
"Wonderful hotel, beach view and very clean."
From the moment we arrived at the hotel, the staff was pleasant and greeted us with smiles, we felt right at home. Ther check in process was easy and smooth. The atmoshphere is family oriented and pleasant. The rooms are spacious and comfotable and luxirous. The kitchen has everything you need and the staff kept the room nice and clean. This is one of the best hotles I have ever stayed in and would deffinetly stay here again. The only concerns was that the balconies were not accessible at the time of our stay due to construction but other wise it is right on the strip of Wakiki and very convinient.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
Tomeika
"Wonderful stay!"
We stayed in 802 and had an absolutely perfect view of Waikiki Beach, which is literally across the street, and had no problems with traffic noise. The staff was very helpful - for example verifying that a very late Pearl Harbor tour-van which we booked ourselves really was on its way...., as well as giving us restaurant recommendations, etc. The 2 bdrm + sofa bed worked fine for six adult family members. The Aston Waikiki Beach Tower is very easy to locate, and within walking distance of shops, beach, and restaurants. The condo itself was well appointed. Lovely place to stay. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
The Big Kahuna
"Great view, Nicely furnished, Comfortable Rooms"
We enjoyed a 2 night stay here. It was great to cook breakfast and then eat out on the comfortable lanai watching the surfers and beach traffic. The kitchen is minimally equipped but worked for 2 of us. The W/D is great to have. The location is excellent. Service quality was top notch.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
Jan
"Nice location, great staff!"
We stayed over the Christmas holiday. Five adults in a two bed two bath unit with sofa bed. The unit was huge and had everything you will need for an extended stay, down to the last detail. The property is older and the bathrooms and appliances show the age but the house keepers were good and the common areas were clean. The parking on site was so easy and free. Tons of great food within walking distance and plenty of shopping. The beach is literally just across the street and the hotel has beach towels for you to use. We had a great time and would stay here again.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
Jane
"great location"
It was very pleasant stay.
3 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Great View."
Front desk, Valet and Staff were very polite and helpful. Maid service was excellent. They would knock on your door at night to turn down your bed and give you an edible treat.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
Jerel
Stayed with my wife and two kids. More of a heads up. Great location right in the middle of everything. The hotel is in real need of updating and TLC. Everything looks old and used..Pool area is small and quite wind. We have stayed at the Trump the last four years but wanted to try this hotel. It is a lot less money but after our stay I know why it's less money. This is more of an apartment than a hotel. There is no bar restaurants and no pool side service. You are on your own. Was clean but all the furniture had marks scratches and the chairs looked very used. Kitchen was old and the appliance are old and miss matching colors. But the big one was the bed.. Rock hard and lumpy. After the first night we asked the staff to do something about it and the put on a pad. It made very little difference. Never slept well nor did my wife. Again if your looking for luxury and don't mind spend for it then the Trump is the place to stay. If you want a two bedroom apartment and not much else then this is a good place to stay if you like hard beds. Would I stay here again??? If they update it and did something about the beds yes I would consider it again. But they will need to revamp it.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
They definitely put the pressure on to up-sell our room once we got there.
7 night family trip Jul 21, 2013
"Excellent location"
I absolutely loved this place. From the staff down to the actual suites . Everything was excellent.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Peggy
"Great location, right on the beach- awesome staff!"
Our check in procedure went smoothly, we were even upgraded to a room with a bit of a better view. The room was a bit outdated however, it was comfortable, clean and a great size for the six of us. Although we used the kitchen much less than anticipated, it was nice to have the facilities, and the blender was frequently used to make iced drinks! The staff were absolutely phenomenal, and went out of their way to help us. They were extremely friendly and happy. Ed and the other guys at the valet were always busy but they were quick and efficient and really went above our expectations to help us when looking for a shuttle or taxi.
Other trip May 27, 2013
Jenna
"Beautiful room on the ocean"
We had a wonderful stay here. We had a One Bedroom One Bath Deluxe Ocean View unit #2302. The staff always greeted us with 'aloha' and the front desk was helpful. The "room"/condo was awesome and gave us tons of space. The maid service was great and the "turn down service' was an added bonus. The views are spectacular. I did quite a bit of research on this location. Some people did raise issues with some units being out dated. Luckily ours had many updates; granite counters in the kitchen and bath for starters. Yes the cabinets were probably originals but were in good shape. When we arrived we were asked if we would like to upgrade to a higher floor. We were escorted to both units and to be honest we liked the lower 23rd floor. It provided a broader beach view were as the upper floor was mostly just ocean. Just to help out other potential residents, all units are 2 bedrooms/2 bath. If you only want a one bed room/1 bath unit, they just lock off the second bedroom/bathroom.
Other trip May 25, 2013
"Great Family Vacation"
Our family of 6 stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower May 2013. There were 4 young adults between the ages 18 and 22 in our group. They loved walking around the area during the evening. The streets are well lit and there were lots of restaurants and shops open late. The beach was across the street. The hotel is a little out dated, but very clean. We had plenty of room for 6 adults. There was some construction going on at the front of the hotel where they are building a McDonalds, but could not hear it from our room on the 7th floor. One day we were told there would be no water between 10 am and 2 pm. We were out of the hotel during that time and when we returned the staff had placed bottled water in our room. The staff was wonderful and helpful. To save money we cooked several meals in the apartment size kitchen. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip May 23, 2013
"Spacy enough"
Location is good, room is spacy,but furniture is a little bit old. If asked this room deserves the rate, "yes, in Hawaii"
Other trip Apr 27, 2013
Toshi
Service was great and it was a great location
6 night trip Mar 26, 2013
"VERY PLEASANT"
THE ONLY COMPLAINT WE WOULD HAVE WAS THE UNCOMFORTABLE LIVING ROOM FURNITURE - IT WAS HARD TO SIT ON. OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS A WONDERFUL HOTEL AND SERVICE AND PERSONNEL WERE EXCELLENT. WE HOPE TO RETURN AGAIN
Other trip Apr 19, 2013
JANICE
"very roomy; daily service; excellent location"
For a family, the car valet service was really convenient; location can't be beat -- walk across the street to the Waikiki beach; apartment is extremely roomy, although note that on floors below 12, your ocean view is eclipsed by a tower in front of you.
4 night family trip Mar 1, 2013
"Large rooms, coureous staff and breathtaking views"
We had a great 7 day stay at the Aston Waikiki Beach tower. The rooms are massive, the staff is courteous and the view is breath taking. Great hotel for the family. Located directly across the street from the beach and a few blocks from the international market. You get all the beach towels you need on your way to the beach. The only (and I mean ONLY) issue I found was one morning we did not have hot water. Overall staying at this hotel was a great experience and would do it again. The photo is the view of the ocean from the 7th floor.
Other trip Nov 15, 2012
"Great condo"
The staff is there to please the guests. They are friendly, helpful and courteous. The view from our unit was beautiful and we loved the convenience and comfort of our condo. Staying at the Aston helped to make our whole experience in Hawaii wonderful.
Other trip Oct 21, 2012
"This is your home away from home...but better!"
This was our second stay at this hotel at it is wonderful. The pricae is very high so we might not be able to stay there again. But otherwise I hve nothing negative to say about this hotel.
Other trip Oct 18, 2012
Had a beautiful two bedroom unit. Was lovely and spacious. Floor 26. Lovely views. So central to beach and local shopping. How to be back. Staff so friendly and helpful. Arranged late checkout, which was so good, as our flight was at 11.15pm. Recommend Aston Waikiki beach tower.
Other trip Sep 1, 2012
"Comforts of home while on vacation in Hawaii"
This was our second stay at the Aston Beach Tower, and this visit was even better than the first. As others have noted, the view is fantastic, the rooms are huge, and the staff is top notch. Right across the street is one of the best locations on Waikiki beach. This area has a rock wall that stops some of the waves, making it perfect for those with younger children. However, a short walk to either side and the wall is gone allowing you to surf, bodyboard, or just bounce in the waves. The staff is probably the Beach Tower's greatest asset. In addition to a quick and smooth check-in, they also called to make sure everything was going well with our visit. The 3 main valet staff we encountered were Russ, Ed, and Eddy and I can't say enough about them. They are friendly, helpful, and will offer an opinion when asked. The housekeeping staff was also very good, there is twice daily service at the hotel. The evening service is primarily turndown, but they will also bring fresh towels as necessary. From the unit, I don't know how you could possibly have a better view. From the huge lanai we could see Diamond Head to the left, and Barbers Point to the right. From the back we had a great view of the mountains. All of this view, from a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit with a full kitchen and washer/driver with Waikiki Beach right below us. For stays on Waikiki Beach, we don't need to look at any other places to stay. We've found our new "home" away from home.
Other trip Aug 19, 2012
"great hotel for a family"
great place for a family of 5 to stay. Location, space / comfort of room. View! Walk to everything. Shuttles pick up just out front. Staff /service was excellent. Great all the way around!
Other trip Aug 19, 2012
Tracy
"Perfect for Family ....very large and spacious"
We booked this place for the size of the room and the view. We were on the 35th floor and we had a spectacular panoramic view of the ocean, Waikiki Beach, and DiamondHead. Everything is within walking distance including numerous dining options. Hula Grill was our favorite but a little pricey so another option is McDonald's right on the corner or Burger King located on the street behind the tower. Crepe House is fabulous for Hawaiian Ice which we had nightly with the kids. Subway located to your right down the main walk on Waikiki. The bed in the master was quite hard and uncomfortable for me. And we had a couple of issues with the wireless internet during our stay. The staff is quite friendly and helpful. Valet service is superb. If you are looking for a "home away from home" atmosphere then this is the place to stay. Laundry available in room. Washing powder provided daily. Maid service twice daily. Unlimited storage in units. In room safe.
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
"Nice condo on the beach in Waikiki"
Clean and comfortable unit, with nice furnishings. Full kitchen but don't expect all the kitchen items do make a gourmet meal. But there's enough to be functional. The view from the lanai (balcony) was great, but you need to be above (about) the 20th floor to get an unobstructed view of the entire beach. But with so many hotels along the Waikiki beach, it must be difficult. We were on the 17th floor which was slightly above the Pacific Beach hotel on one side and the Waikiki Circle Hotel in front. The Circle Hotel blocked part of the view, but not enough to be annoying. The location was great that we just had to walk across the street to the beach, and were surrounded by shopping and restaurants. You are in the hustle of Waikiki, so if you are looking for a quiet Hawaii experience, this is not the location for you. But if you want the city life with a resort/beach experience, this is a fabulous spot.
Other trip Jun 17, 2012
"Awesome hotel! Can't wait to go back."
We got the two bedroom ocean room floor. Room 2801. We had a full kitchen and one master bedroom with his and her sinks and separate shower, and the second room had a shared bathroom with two regular beds (think full size beds) It had a dining room and a living room. The room was AMAZING. It was 4 of us, and the room was very spacious and amazing view from the room. A 25-30 foot balcony with patio furniture also made it awesome! Overall, the hotel was fantastic. The only draw back is that the TV's are still standard TV's. Not flat screens, but the free internet and room modernness, and view made up for it. The room was overall a 5/5 awesome. Right across from Waikiki beach, dead center. Can't get better placement than this. And the staff was really friendly too! Another win for this hotel... FREE PARKING! We probably saved hundreds on this alone! (Aside from tipping the valet)
Other trip Jun 6, 2012
Bruce
"Definitely Would Recommend!"
The Aston Waikiki Beach Tower is top notch. The location is wonderful, directly across the street from the beach with plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance. The staff was exceptional. They treated us like VIPs. At check-in, our room was upgraded and everyone was so accomodating. They have free valet parking and the valets were extremely friendly and very prompt. Our flight home wasn't until 10 pm (well after check-out) but the front desk called the night before and offered to store our luggage in a secure location and allowed us to rest on the 4th floor where there were comfortable lounge chairs and showers if needed. I hope to have the opportunity to return to Waikiki again soon, and I would definitely stay at the Aston Beach Tower again! Thank you!!
Other trip Jun 3, 2012
Lori

"Great view, beware daily extra charges"
My family, including 4 teenagers, had a great stay at this hotel. I didn't expect much from our partial view room but it turned out to be stunning. We went in winter so didn't use air conditioning. Waikiki is noisy but didnt bother us too much on the 17th floor. This is conveniently located & my girls enjoyed the spa & pool which were immaculate. We were a bit surprised at the extra charges for daily water & wifi ($22 / day) and what we thought were complimentary towels given at the end of our stay. We wouldn't have accepted them otherwise. Still, that's a minor complaint for a lovely hotel. We loved our stay.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
Jenny
"A wonderful experience"
The hotel is right across from the beach with shops on either side of the road. We had no trouble getting around between shuttles and rental car. We traveled with our 10 month old daughter, the kitchen and washer and dryer are the best amenities for us!
Roberta
"Not what we expected..."
This place needs serious updating. I would expect a place @$500+ a night to just that but the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower is a far cry from that. On a positive note, staff (particularly the bell men) were great and so was the location - amazing! Still, the place itself is a total dissapointment unless one likes conditions from the 80s....
4 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
SG
The hotel was in a perfect location, directly opposite the beach and walking distance to all the major shopping and restaurant areas.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Jacinta
"Great place to stay with family"
Best location. Only 2 bedroom condo we could find directly opposite the beach. Awesome views! Decor a bit dated but everything clean and looks nice. The size and cleanliness of the apartment was more important to us than having everything brand new. Clean with twice daily maid service. In room laundry with daily top-ups of laundry detergent Free valet parking for one car per room. Staff genuinely friendly,always happy to help. Only downside was the main bed was too hard and sliding door to the balcony very difficult to open. These were only minor issues. No restaurant in the hotel itself but plenty within a short walk. Cheesecake factory was a hit with the kids - best to go at lunch as they don't take bookings and queues can be over an hour for dinner.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
LH
"Aloha Hawaii"
Absolutely loved Hawaii, will go again. Great restaurants, lots to see & do. Hotel in a very convenient position, especially for young families. Safe swimming and snorkelling, as well as surfing. The staff were excellent, really can't fault anything at all.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Baz
"Not what expected"
This hotel was not hwhat I was told it would be, further more the 2 bedrooms with 2 bath was not that at all it was not for me and I ended up moving to another much better hotel with a pool in it and better service
Response by Aston Waikiki Beach Tower
Aloha! I am so sorry this guest’s vacation experience did not start off on a positive note. My hope is that they did enjoy themselves in Waikiki and I do hope they return to the islands in the future. I am also wondering if this post is for the Waikiki Beach Tower as our suite inventory is comprised of 2 bedroom, 2 bath accommodations and we do have a pool located on the recreation deck. Mahalo to these guests for their post.
4 night trip Sep 13, 2014