All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here201 Ohua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Bring disposable cutlery set"
Did not like their cutlery set. They are old and strained. Service was not very good as well. Trash removal made me belief that house keeping stuffs comes everyday.
3 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"Budget conscious, one night stay"
Needed just one night before leaving on a cruise, so was willing to sacrifice quality for price. This is a very old building and the rooms, especially the bathrooms reflect its age. Window A/C unit smelled musty. The room was large with a full bedroom, bathroom, living room, and kitchen. The open air lobby was very unique as you walk right up from the driveway to the front desk. The coffee shop was delicious for a quick breakfast. If staying on Oahu for a full vacation, I wouldn't stay here, but for a bed to sleep on for a family of 5, it was adequate.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Nice room with full kitchen."
We were only there two nights, and the room was clean and worked well for the five of us (three kids). There was a queen bed, sofa bed and they provided a rollaway bed as well. Liked the full kitchen. Additional fees: Amenity fee was $18 per day, and parking was $20 per day.
Response by Aston at the Waikiki Banyan
Appreciate your comment and yes, one of our many values is maximum is 5 per room, at no additional charge! Having a kitchen is a huge savings for family!
2 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
Todd
"Beware! ...not close to the 3.5 stars."
We were first booked to a room that literally had tape holding the curtains and holes in them covered. I went down to the front desk and notified them that even Motel 6 changes out their curtains when they get holes and their rooms look cleaner. There were stains all over the carpeting and even on the walls. The front desk then sent us to a corner unit. That unit was just as outdated but it was clean and more livable. The staff was very nice which is a plus and the hotel is in a good location close to the beach. The common areas looked like they were recently redone unlike the units themselves. If the units were updated I would advise people to stay there, but in their current condition I would suggest to stay away.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
thundermn
"okay hotel to stay, two blocks from beach."
nice to stay so close to ocean......... nice to able to walk and explore shopping centers and beach with walking distances
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
LR
"Large Room"
We had 5 adults in one room, great size for this many people. The room was clean but a bit out dated, they could have done away with the fake flowers but all in all ok.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Great location!"
We had a wonderful experience in this hotel/condo. It has a great location- just a block from the beach. Nice lobby with the coi pond. We had a city view room in tower 1 but we had a partial view of the ocean as well. The only issue is the bed needs to be replaced. And the unit could use a little updating. But really who cares, we were out and about all day and just turn in at night to sleep. The best part is we cooked breakfast thanks to the fully equipped kitchen. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Family trip saved by hotel manager"
Started out pretty bad with the wrong room and some attitude for changing the room from the desk and some billing issues. Manager Ken saved the day. He went out of his way to make sure our stay in the hotel and Waikiki in general was a good experience. I have never had a hotel manager take such a hands on approch to a problem I had. I would stay there again just incase I had a problem knowing it would be taken care of by Ken.
3 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Ann-sofi
great room , we had 5 in our party ,great parking rates. would stay there again
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Curtis
"Hotel a Block From The Beach"
The staff and room was amazing for the price. We were in a corner unit which was a tad bigger than most rooms. The "Ocean View" You really could only see from the bedroom and the Lanai but still nice. The bed however, not so much. Woke up daily with back pain but that would be my only dislike. Staff was so friendly and very helpful, and being a block from the beach was great. Would I stay again probably...I would hope they would have better beds.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Excellent Customer Service"
Excellent customer service / should have gotten the guy's name when I checked in - very friendly, courteous, helpful and even accommodated me by giving me a room across the elevator. I have already recommended this hotel to family n friends. Will Definetly be back in June n maybe sooner. Thank you for asking n keep your prices down for kamaiinas n airline employees
2 night family trip Nov 16, 2014
lori
"Motel 6 - Old Hawaiian Style"
When my daughter walked into the room she said she felt like she was going back in time. The decor was outdated, the carpets were dirty and the place could of been cleaned better - I even had to wipe clean the windows as they were smeared. One of the locks on the door wasn't working and a light bulb was out. If it wasn't for the great view (I was on the 38th floor) and kind staff I would of truly regretted having made the reservation. It's like a Motel 6 - Old Hawaiian style. Renovation would make a Big Better difference.
Dee
"Family friendly"
This hotel will save you about $700/week if you utilize the fully equipped kitchen that is included in their standard room. Please note that the have a mandatory resort fee of $18 per day that is not included in your booking price. They offer WiFi and complimentary movie & game rentals that play on the PS3 that is provided in the room.
Family of 5
"Close to beach, very uncomfortable hard bed.."
In need of updating hotel, bed hard as wood..location excellent...
male
"Bad choice :'("
It took 30 minutes or more to get us settled. The first room had wet carpet and wet seats. It was not ready for use. The second room was nice, but our purchase was for a street view and they moved us ro a mountain view. After expressing our concerns, we was moved into a street view, but the room was not so great. The shower had water gathered stains and substandard for a 3star rating. Much more, but don't want to continue. The problems should have resulted in an upgrage to our stay. de
1 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
Calvin
"Very nice ocean and city view room"
I loved the room, it had partial ocean view and partial city view. It was at the 33 rd floor and lovely room with full kitchen worked very well. Waikiki especially being such expensive place one or two times eating breakfast or dinner home works pretty good. kitchen is equipped with almost everything you need. Only I did not like the A/C, which was placed in the outer room, while the bedroom does not almost get cold over night. So then there should have been atleast one fan in the room. Also, the bathroom is pretty small. The hotel looks pretty luxurious however, the bathroom has bare minimum feature. Had the bathroom sink been attached to the bathroom it could have looked a bit bigger. Overall, I would quite recommend this hotel and it was really a pleasant stay
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"Great value!"
My wife and I stayed at the Aston Waikiki Banyan for 3 nights just a couple days after hurricane Ana had passed in Oct. 2014. We originally reserved a partial ocean view room with a king bed. When we arrived, we were put in a corner suite on the 25th floor with panoramic views of Diamond Head and the ocean, which was partially blocked by the Marriott tower on the next block. The suite was spacious and had a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom and a full kitchen. Apparently many or most of the units in this building are rented/sold as condos and only some of them are hotel rooms. The amenities were great! Our room included free high speed internet, free unlimited dvd/blu-ray movies (available from a "dvd now" kiosk on a lower floor), and access to the pool/sun deck. They also have gas barbecues available on the sun deck but we didn't use them. There is no restaurant in the building, but there is a convenience store on the ground floor where you can buy groceries, etc. Lots of other stores and restaurants within easy walking distance. Parking is $15/day whether you park for a full day or not. I would fully recommend this hotel as a fantastic value in Waikiki.
3 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
"Great affordable hotel near beach"
The decoration may not be up to date but the rooms have an amazing view, are clean and spacious, and are a convenient walking distance to the beach and restaurants. Our kitchen had a stove, toaster, microwave, fridge, dishes, and plenty of counter space if you don't want to eat out every meal. The restroom sink was outside the bathroom so guests don't have to fight over the sink area when getting ready. Beds and futon were comfortable. $15/day for parking. $18.85 amenities fee/day that includes Wifi. Internet was fast enough to stream Netflix on a rainy day. I would definitively stay here again.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Nena
80's style condo living with 1 block walking distance to the beach. The pull out couch worked for our 13 year old and the double bed worked for my boyfriend and I. The full kitchen was plus, we were able save at least 3 days on meals by buying sandwich stuff, breakfast and dinner supplies and cooking at the condo.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Alexandra
"We will be back again!!!"
Our second annual vacay at the Aston Waikiki Banyan. Perfect for our family of five. All of our needs were met above and beyond our expectations!!! We are already looking forward to going back next year!!
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Very Nice Location"
The hotel is only one block away from the beach, which was really good. The check in/out person Maile was really nice and friendly, but the other staff weren't especially everytime we got on the elevator none of the employees would greet us or even smile. The hotel furniture is a little dated but had everything my family needed.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Jessie
The hotel was everything we expected. Room was very clean.(except for a moldy shower curtain?). Front desk employees and maids ( even the parking lot attendants) were friendly and attentive. We would choose that location again in a heartbeat.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Okay and not ok stay both"
Left message for the manager twice but no call back. Shower and air-condition not that satisfied
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Stay this year was disappointing."
You now pay an extra 18.00 a day whether you want the extra services or not. Services were not the same as years ago. I was disappointed by the extra service you now have to pay. the maid service was slacking.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Mitchy
"Totally outdated but good location"
Rooms are old,bed is like a brick!Ktichen is beyond outdated and sofa bed,that we had planned on using was broken!Parking garage is cramped and hard to get in and out of !Not much good I can say about the room,however the staff was friendly and helpful and the location is good being only one block away from Waikiki Beach.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
C
"Just average at best"
The positives would be it is fairly inexpensive in comparison to other nearby hotels, being fairly close to beach and main drag along with a friendly staff. The negatives would be the rooms and facilities are old and out dated, the beds are very uncomfortable, housekeeping tends to come at odd times and the pool closes at 9 PM.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Great location!"
Great hotel! A block from the beach, shopping, and restaurants. Room came with a fully equipped kitchen which was convenient. Excellent view of the mountains! Room was clean and staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Shqiponja
"Good value in Waikiki"
The reason we booked this hotel was because it's the only one available that could accommodate 5 people in one room. After we booked this, we heard mixed reviews that somewhat at one point had a buyer's remorse. I told my wife that I kinda regretted it. But when we arrived, most of what we worried about were not true. Perhaps we were lucky. We had good time in Honolulu. The location is awesome. Definitely we'll stay again. Parking could be a hassle at night. When they told you to put the parking sticker on the driver side, they really mean it. We got reprimanded when we put it in the wrong location. Other than that, it was a good stay. Really wish the bed can be better though. The staffs were friendly.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"Hotel with motel feeling"
esh towels, and trash removal. Also if you are going to charge a hotel fee, your customer should feel that it is worth it. Consider putting a restaurant, that would help. I will visit Aston at the Waikiki Banyan again once they remodel and update. Also a TV and AC for the bedroom please. It was difficulty for me to sleep properly because it got so hot at night in the bedroom and change those bedroom sliding doors. That was a nuisance.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
PP
"Ok hotel if you've been to Hawaii before!"
Just ok ! Do-able but my room was an upgraded room w/ ocean view! It was more the area versus the hotel that was the concern.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
very particular
"Basic but clean, the beach is why you go."
The staff is friendly and your room is cleaned everyday even though they are privately owned. Each room is different based on how much the owner upgrades the condo. Eat breakfast, pack a lunch and you're gone for the day. Having a kitchen is a big help with kids. You only sleep there for the most part. None smoking building is nice as well. Have fun.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Old world Hawaiian Style"
I liked the decor/style of this place, very open and old world style. Really reminded me of Thailand from their use of deeps wood colors. Once you get in the room you can tell its been around awhile, furniture is dated, but that was okay with me. Everything was clean and comfortable. Fyi, if you use a debit card they will take a $300 deposit.
Bebe
"Aston at the Waikiki Banyan"
We just got home and were completely satisfied with this hotel which is literally a 2 min walk from Waikiki Beach. The only things wrong with our room is the lock from the bathroom door is not working and there is no queen sofa sleeper as described but were provided a folding bed instead. The resort fee is also mandatory unlike the neighboring Aston Waikiki Sunset where it was only optional. But the location and comfort of the room can make up for it and there plenty of parking spots in the parking garage no matter what time of the day ($15/day). We were also given two sand buckets which my kids put to good use during our time im Oahu. Would recommend this hotel for any one finding a budget and kid friendly hotel.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Great Location but needs serious facelift!!"
You can't tell a book by its cover. The entry and lobby are very nice but the rooms were in serious need of upgrade and repairs. The carpets were very dirty, the linoleum was ripped in many places, the cabinet doors didn't close, the beds were old and hard, and the shower was about two feet wide (steel bath tub). I paid $250 a night for an ocean view but Tower 1 blocked 50% of my view. The room smelled musty and it felt like a $500 a month apartment with nice flat screen TV and PS3. I will not return. Had a nice kids play system. The pool was adequate but the two hot tubs ( for thousands of people) there like the ones you would put in your back yard. They were hot but the were only 3/4 full. Clearly not maintained on a daily basis.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Tom O.
"Great value"
I traveled to Oahu for surgery and needed a place my family could be comfortable. This was a great value and the room we had was well appointed, clean and close to the beach. Unfortunately, the pool was being repaired when we arrived, which was one of the reasons we booked, so my husband could easily occupy our son close to home. I wish the notice would've been more clear of the closing prior to booking. The electrical outlets could be updated, but it served its purpose. Would definitely go back.
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
"Close to everything"
Dated hotel but clean, comfortable and quiet. One and a half blocks from Waikiki Beach, restaurants and entertainment. One half block from the Ala Wai Canal. Less than a mile from the famous Leonards Bakery and Rainbows Drive-In. Room was spacious with fantastic views from our corner unit. Noise from the trade winds were loud but the breeze was nice. Housekeeping came through daily but don't expect much more than a basic cleanup. Remnants of beach sand remained on floors and coffee table throughout our stay. Front desk staff courteous and helpful. Parking costs fair and reasonable. Required $18 per day amenities fee (in addition to room price) whether you take advantage of the amenities or not. One amenity, the pool, was being upgraded during our entire visit but no partial refund was given.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Family vacation"
We had a blast traveled 3adults 2kids resort was perfect for us
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
PL
Very old disgusting carpet, beds very hard and uncomfortable, in need of reno immediately. Paid for no sleep, awful room make sure your room has been renovated.
1 night family trip May 16, 2014
"Home base"
This hotel was easy and quick walking distance to nearly everywhere we wanted to be. It was more quiet than staying right on Waikiki Beach. Wonderful that it had the kitchen and view from the lanai. It was a little grungy until mid week cleaning. Five of us were a bit crowded but it was workable. The bathroom was TINY and it would have helped for privacy if the hotel had not removed the doors between the bathroom area, kitchen and bedroom . The staff was great, helpful and pleasant. If you do stay please check out the small store in the hotel. We found out too late that prices here were often better for staples than what you could get even in the local grocery.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
PK
"Nice place to stay"
This is our second stay in this hotel. Understanding this hotel is under construction, we did not expect a lot, but have a place to sleep. Overall - good location, people, price.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
Vasiliy
"Nice Condo"
Had nice ocean view on 33rd floor. Good experience overall.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Good location :)"
Decent hotel to go for. Spacious room. Our room was like a cute small one bedroom with kitchen. It had a little privacy from the kids which was great. The amenities was great. DVD rentals and wifi came along with it. Will come again. :)
2 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Excellent views from our kitchenette"
This hotel is dated, patched areas where water leaked, carpet wrinkled form years of use, stain spots on the carpet everywhere. The bed was the worst, the mattress had to be of the same vintage as the hotel itself, you could not move without feeling springs from the mattress-extremely uncomfortable. The view and closeness to the beach were two big pluses, and just a little interior upkeep would transform this into a very nice 1-2 week stay.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
david
"Prefect Location"
The location can't be beat if you want to walk to the beach. With the kitchen you can save on your meals. We stayed 8 nights and only ate 3 meals out during this time period. Ask at the desk for directions to the grocery store if you have a car. My biggest issue was there was a spot in the floor where you could tell they had cleaned up something and it wasn't until a day or so into the visit I realized it was sticky. When I did I moved the extra bed they brought in over the spot so the kids would not walk and crawl through it and to avoid walking through it myself. We were just across from the elevators which I normally do not like but overall it wasn't too loud so it worked out in the end. Our next 6 nights we stayed at a much nicer resort but spent soo much more on food and parking. So if you’re looking for a place to stay close to the beach, reasonable price and would like to cook some or most of your meals this is the perfect place. If you want new and extra nice this probably isn’t the best place as it is older and not the nicest. I would stay here again and recommend for someone who has a family.
8 night family trip Jan 9, 2014
"Sleeping in the room (the main reason for a room)."
Each of the beds were very uncomfortable. They were short and I could feel the springs. The larger bed seemed to be very old. As soon as you laid down on the bed, you rolled into the middle.
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
"Convenient and Inexpensive"
My stay was comfortable and easy. Hotel room wasn't the fancy upscale but it did the trick for what we needed. We wanted an inexpensive hotel near waikiki with a kitchen and cheap parking fee. This fit the bill so we are happy with our overall stay. The hotel staff were very nice as well.
6 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2014
Anna
"Nice hotel close to beach & market (<1 mile)"
Loved the full kitchen in the rooms. Room was clean, open and specious. We had a city view room, so views were not spectacular, looking at other buildings. Staff was courteous.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
Family travelle
"Waikiki district, either you love it or hate it"
Everything in this hotel is old and overworn. The Aston Sunset on the other side of the street is much better.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Older hotel in good location"
Only a block from the beach makes it a convenient, but more affordable option. Presently doing some exterior renovations which block some balconies. Clean, large, but slightly worn rooms. Charge an extra, non-optional amenities fee, and for parking.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Judy
"A bit run down, close to the beach"
The hotel was undergoing renovation when we checked in so the balcony was unavailable. This was a disappointment as the balcony offered a great view (a big selling point). Although they claimed that all travel agencies and travel websites were informed, there was no mention of it on Expedia when we booked. We probably would have picked a different hotel. Workers use the painting platforms on the outside to do their loud, work, 8am to 5pm, M-F. We were there Nov 22-Nov 29 and I estimate that they have a good 6 months of work left. The room was ok- the furnishings were run down and the TV- an old picture tube- got a few channels but others were spotty- don't understand how that happens if it's supposed to be cable- was there a big HD antenna on the roof instead? We originally booked a room with 2 doubles but- due to the construction- were "upgraded" to a queen with a pull-out sofa bed. That bed was awful! No restaurant- not a problem- but the cafe is the only place you can print out boarding passes. Really- in this day and age?! How is that not something the front desk can do for you?? Wake up folks, it's the 21st century. They have a basketball court, tennis court, & putting green- but you have to rent the equipment! How are those not amenities? The pool was nice and there are 2 jacuzzis. Unfortunately, part of the pool patio area was blocked off due to the work- made it a bit crowded. Staff was nice and helpful.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013