All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
201 Ohua Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Dirty
    Poor vibe
"Basic but clean, the beach is why you go."
The staff is friendly and your room is cleaned everyday even though they are privately owned. Each room is different based on how much the owner upgrades the condo. Eat breakfast, pack a lunch and you're gone for the day. Having a kitchen is a big help with kids. You only sleep there for the most part. None smoking building is nice as well. Have fun.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"gross"
If I hadn't stayed at an amazing hotel the following nights, this disgusting hotel would have ruined my vacation. It took over 30min to check in. After parking in the sketchy ramp I waited for an elevator for 10 minutes, finally giving up and caring my luggage down 4 levels through the ramp. When I finally got into the hotel and on my way to my room, it was another 10 minute wait at the elevators. I got to my room #806 which was the hands down the grossest place I've stayed in Hawaii, possibly anywhere. It was filthy, dated, and had this stink that was somewhere between body odor and adult diapers. I asked to switch rooms (which I have never done before). Miraculously, they were fully booked so switching wasn't an option. The resolution was to send housekeeping up to spray, if they did that, it made no dent in the smell. The couch looked slightly less dirty than the bed, so I slept there and woke up with bites all over my arms and legs. I would have let them know during my 20 minute check out instead of posting this here, but they didn't ask even when I asked for a comment card.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
dinah
"Old world Hawaiian Style"
I liked the decor/style of this place, very open and old world style. Really reminded me of Thailand from their use of deeps wood colors. Once you get in the room you can tell its been around awhile, furniture is dated, but that was okay with me. Everything was clean and comfortable. Fyi, if you use a debit card they will take a $300 deposit.
Bebe
"You get what you pay for!"
Hotel location is great one block from Waikiki Beach. That's pretty much the only positive thing I can say about it. The rooms are in need of serious renovations!!! The sofa bed had a big strip of tape with Out of Order on it when we tried to open late at night. We called the front desk and they sent up two beyond lumpy roll away beds ( prob from when the hotel first opened). They did offer to move us rooms but traveling with children and already unpacked is not the easiest thing to do. My wife was drying her hair and the blow dryer sparked and burned, the bedroom lamp didn't work. Don't believe the pictures on the travel websites! If you can spend the extra $200 and stay at a more known hotel chain like Marriott or Hilton. You get what you pay for!
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
C. Chim
"Aston at the Waikiki Banyan"
We just got home and were completely satisfied with this hotel which is literally a 2 min walk from Waikiki Beach. The only things wrong with our room is the lock from the bathroom door is not working and there is no queen sofa sleeper as described but were provided a folding bed instead. The resort fee is also mandatory unlike the neighboring Aston Waikiki Sunset where it was only optional. But the location and comfort of the room can make up for it and there plenty of parking spots in the parking garage no matter what time of the day ($15/day). We were also given two sand buckets which my kids put to good use during our time im Oahu. Would recommend this hotel for any one finding a budget and kid friendly hotel.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Great Location but needs serious facelift!!"
You can't tell a book by its cover. The entry and lobby are very nice but the rooms were in serious need of upgrade and repairs. The carpets were very dirty, the linoleum was ripped in many places, the cabinet doors didn't close, the beds were old and hard, and the shower was about two feet wide (steel bath tub). I paid $250 a night for an ocean view but Tower 1 blocked 50% of my view. The room smelled musty and it felt like a $500 a month apartment with nice flat screen TV and PS3. I will not return. Had a nice kids play system. The pool was adequate but the two hot tubs ( for thousands of people) there like the ones you would put in your back yard. They were hot but the were only 3/4 full. Clearly not maintained on a daily basis.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Tom O.
"Great value"
I traveled to Oahu for surgery and needed a place my family could be comfortable. This was a great value and the room we had was well appointed, clean and close to the beach. Unfortunately, the pool was being repaired when we arrived, which was one of the reasons we booked, so my husband could easily occupy our son close to home. I wish the notice would've been more clear of the closing prior to booking. The electrical outlets could be updated, but it served its purpose. Would definitely go back.
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
"Close to everything"
Dated hotel but clean, comfortable and quiet. One and a half blocks from Waikiki Beach, restaurants and entertainment. One half block from the Ala Wai Canal. Less than a mile from the famous Leonards Bakery and Rainbows Drive-In. Room was spacious with fantastic views from our corner unit. Noise from the trade winds were loud but the breeze was nice. Housekeeping came through daily but don't expect much more than a basic cleanup. Remnants of beach sand remained on floors and coffee table throughout our stay. Front desk staff courteous and helpful. Parking costs fair and reasonable. Required $18 per day amenities fee (in addition to room price) whether you take advantage of the amenities or not. One amenity, the pool, was being upgraded during our entire visit but no partial refund was given.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Family vacation"
We had a blast traveled 3adults 2kids resort was perfect for us
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
PL
"This hotel has not been kept up"
This was the first time at this hotel and when we were checking in, the front desk clerk was so robotic. Not even a smile. The hotel staff was the same except for housekeeping. When we got to our room, we were wowed by the partial ocean view of Waikiki beach. The Lanai was loaded with extra chairs and things. Can't even sit out there to enjoy the view. The condo size was good and the kitchen was dirty. Had to throw everything we want to use into the dishwasher. The furnitures were dirty and mismatched. Didn't get the island feeling at all. It has a flat screen TV with PS3 and you can rent movies/games that's included with the resort fee. The pool and play structure was ok. A bit run down. They were scheduled to do maintenance work on the pool two days after we were there for two weeks. We only use the pool for two days. We had roaches in our room and kitchen. Freak out my wife and kid.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
bko
Very old disgusting carpet, beds very hard and uncomfortable, in need of reno immediately. Paid for no sleep, awful room make sure your room has been renovated.
1 night family trip May 16, 2014
"Home base"
This hotel was easy and quick walking distance to nearly everywhere we wanted to be. It was more quiet than staying right on Waikiki Beach. Wonderful that it had the kitchen and view from the lanai. It was a little grungy until mid week cleaning. Five of us were a bit crowded but it was workable. The bathroom was TINY and it would have helped for privacy if the hotel had not removed the doors between the bathroom area, kitchen and bedroom . The staff was great, helpful and pleasant. If you do stay please check out the small store in the hotel. We found out too late that prices here were often better for staples than what you could get even in the local grocery.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
PK
"Nice place to stay"
This is our second stay in this hotel. Understanding this hotel is under construction, we did not expect a lot, but have a place to sleep. Overall - good location, people, price.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
Vasiliy
"Nice Condo"
Had nice ocean view on 33rd floor. Good experience overall.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Good location :)"
Decent hotel to go for. Spacious room. Our room was like a cute small one bedroom with kitchen. It had a little privacy from the kids which was great. The amenities was great. DVD rentals and wifi came along with it. Will come again. :)
2 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Excellent views from our kitchenette"
This hotel is dated, patched areas where water leaked, carpet wrinkled form years of use, stain spots on the carpet everywhere. The bed was the worst, the mattress had to be of the same vintage as the hotel itself, you could not move without feeling springs from the mattress-extremely uncomfortable. The view and closeness to the beach were two big pluses, and just a little interior upkeep would transform this into a very nice 1-2 week stay.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
david
"Prefect Location"
The location can't be beat if you want to walk to the beach. With the kitchen you can save on your meals. We stayed 8 nights and only ate 3 meals out during this time period. Ask at the desk for directions to the grocery store if you have a car. My biggest issue was there was a spot in the floor where you could tell they had cleaned up something and it wasn't until a day or so into the visit I realized it was sticky. When I did I moved the extra bed they brought in over the spot so the kids would not walk and crawl through it and to avoid walking through it myself. We were just across from the elevators which I normally do not like but overall it wasn't too loud so it worked out in the end. Our next 6 nights we stayed at a much nicer resort but spent soo much more on food and parking. So if you’re looking for a place to stay close to the beach, reasonable price and would like to cook some or most of your meals this is the perfect place. If you want new and extra nice this probably isn’t the best place as it is older and not the nicest. I would stay here again and recommend for someone who has a family.
8 night family trip Jan 9, 2014
"Sleeping in the room (the main reason for a room)."
Each of the beds were very uncomfortable. They were short and I could feel the springs. The larger bed seemed to be very old. As soon as you laid down on the bed, you rolled into the middle.
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
"Convenient and Inexpensive"
My stay was comfortable and easy. Hotel room wasn't the fancy upscale but it did the trick for what we needed. We wanted an inexpensive hotel near waikiki with a kitchen and cheap parking fee. This fit the bill so we are happy with our overall stay. The hotel staff were very nice as well.
6 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2014
Anna
"Nice hotel close to beach & market (<1 mile)"
Loved the full kitchen in the rooms. Room was clean, open and specious. We had a city view room, so views were not spectacular, looking at other buildings. Staff was courteous.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
Family travelle
"Waikiki district, either you love it or hate it"
Everything in this hotel is old and overworn. The Aston Sunset on the other side of the street is much better.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Older hotel in good location"
Only a block from the beach makes it a convenient, but more affordable option. Presently doing some exterior renovations which block some balconies. Clean, large, but slightly worn rooms. Charge an extra, non-optional amenities fee, and for parking.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Judy
"A bit run down, close to the beach"
The hotel was undergoing renovation when we checked in so the balcony was unavailable. This was a disappointment as the balcony offered a great view (a big selling point). Although they claimed that all travel agencies and travel websites were informed, there was no mention of it on Expedia when we booked. We probably would have picked a different hotel. Workers use the painting platforms on the outside to do their loud, work, 8am to 5pm, M-F. We were there Nov 22-Nov 29 and I estimate that they have a good 6 months of work left. The room was ok- the furnishings were run down and the TV- an old picture tube- got a few channels but others were spotty- don't understand how that happens if it's supposed to be cable- was there a big HD antenna on the roof instead? We originally booked a room with 2 doubles but- due to the construction- were "upgraded" to a queen with a pull-out sofa bed. That bed was awful! No restaurant- not a problem- but the cafe is the only place you can print out boarding passes. Really- in this day and age?! How is that not something the front desk can do for you?? Wake up folks, it's the 21st century. They have a basketball court, tennis court, & putting green- but you have to rent the equipment! How are those not amenities? The pool was nice and there are 2 jacuzzis. Unfortunately, part of the pool patio area was blocked off due to the work- made it a bit crowded. Staff was nice and helpful.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
"Horrible stay"
I have stayed here many times before but this time was terrible. The dresser was broken, the fridge wobbled the sofa bed the springs were coming through mattress. It needs lots of work. Unfortunately probably will never stay there again!
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
"reasonable-- 2 blocks from beach"
Generally speaking a good place to stay
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
tHE PLACE IS OUTDATED, DIRTY, AND THEY DID NOT EVEN CHANGE MY SHEETS FOR THREE DAYS. i LEFT A DAY EARLY AND I AM NEEDING A CREDIT ON MY CARD FOR ONE LESS NIGHT. WOULD NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN, AND WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO GO THERE.
6 night business trip Nov 12, 2013
"Close to the beach. Budget friendly"
Do not expect a lot. Ok for the family vacation. Older hotel and medium clean. Though staff very helpful. Do not stay there if you are looking for exciting romantic getaway. But if you are on a budget it is ok. Hotel is close to Marriot which is a major pickup station for most tours and also walking distance from trolley stop if you want to explore and not rent a car.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
NG
"Hotel View"
I enjoy the Hotel room space. The view was awesome and the Hotel lobby was beautiful.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
Javivi
We were here with our 3 kids a 13 year old a 10 year old and a 6 month old. The room set up was nice but the pull out sofa bed was very uncomfortable. The kids finally pulled the mattress off and put it directly on the floor. Also the bedroom had 2 double beds. It would have been nice to have a king or at least a queen or two queens, so basically my husband and I slept in seperate beds as a double bed is too small for two adults. It did have a nice small kitchen so we were able to buy some food and eat in the room. It is located in a good area if you want to walk to the beach and shopping. The 2 older kids went to the beach every day, and we felt comfortable letting them go alone.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Nice condos a couple blocks from Waikiki Beach"
This was a wonderful condo. Very friendly and supportive hotel staff, great amenities.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Cynthia
"Walking distance to the beach"
Good location.., 2 blocks away from Waikiki Beach, close to restaurants/shops. We stayed in tower 2, it is dated. The beds , linens and curtains look totally worn out, more like what you would see on an estate sale (seriously). The pictures shown on their website is nowhere close to where we stayed at. I know they are renovating so its more likely that we were billeted to an older room. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They cleaned our room on a daily basis. Kitchen has basic utensils, which is good if you wish to make your own meal. There is a mandatory fee of $15/day for dvd rental, newspaper& wifi .. Money down the drain because i didnt use any of these during my stay. Should've been pay as needed. $15/ day for the parking. Overall, i would recommend due to location, kitchen and friendliness of staff. Rooms have got to be updated though! Make it at least close to whats pictured in the the website.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
SLISeattle
"Close to some of Waikiki's greatest food spots!"
We had a nice stay at the Aston Waikiki Banyan. Nice big room, located near a couple of our favorite Waikiki spots like Ono Seafood/Poke, Rainbow Drive-In and Tokkuri Te!
2 night trip Oct 8, 2013
Location is great. Since the layout is basically a condo, it is fairly quiet compared to other hotels. The kitchenette has plates, utensils, etc. I think if the furniture and fixed items were updated, I would give it 4 stars. Parking is convenient. Parking spaces are tight. Do note that there is a daily parking fee and a separate resort daily fee.
4 night family trip Oct 4, 2013
"Close to the beach, with a kitchen"
We choose this hotel due to how close it is to the beach, price of the room and the price of parking. When we checked in the staff was really nice and had our keys and room ready for us. Our room was very large. We explored the hotel, found the pool and the activites area. The hotel was nicely located and easy to get to the beach and the shops in Waikiki. The housekeeping department was wonderful. The pool was small and hot tubs seemed kind of old but worked well. The snack bar had weird hours and it was hard to know when it would be open. But the thai food that we ordered was very good. We took advantage of the DVD rentals, it made the stay more fun.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
makiona
"decent hotel"
the hotel is closed to the beach and there are enough stores and restaurents around the location. But furnitures in the room are quite old.Bathroom is very small when you compare to space of the whole room, and the bathroom door is very inconvenient to use especially for elderly.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
kit
"WE were happy with the location and the condo."
We were not happy about the $15 a day for wi-fi, daily paper. I thought it was somthing we could chose not to take and not that is was mantatory. The additional cost was $150. It should be included in the room price.
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
jq
"Convenient budget condo"
Couple blocks close to the beach about 3-5 minute walking distance. Close to diamond head and Honolulu zoo. Great location especially if on a budget. Condo has fully stocked kitchen with Landry room on site. Included in the daily $15 fee is daily newspaper and unlimited DVD rentals. Great place to stay overall.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"OK"
Since we did not stay that long in the hotel because we travelling outside most of our stay, I did not had the chance to look on the detail of the hotel. I would say the hotel is good overall. Very helpful that they have kitchen dishes. One problem though is the door of the bathroom does not lock.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
Anna
"not too bad."
Comfortable and in walking distance from everything. The bed was big,but not soft. It was pretty decent all in all. The mandatory extras charge would have been something I would have like to known about before check in. $15 extra daily was a shocker after I had already paid for everything. The parking was also displeasing. It was ridiculous having to be back by a certain time to make sure the car was okay in the garage. Should be free to hotel guests. The pool area was nice, the hotel layout is nice. DVD machine was great and all in all it was a very comfortable stay.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
"Good Waikiki beach stay"
It is an old hotel and furniture, curtains are worn out. But the location with kitchen is a good plus. Service also very good.
4 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"Nice hotel close to Waikiki beach"
This hotel was nice. The room was smaller than we thought, but seemed up-to-date with new paint and nice furniture. The kitchen was well equipped, which is nice if travelling with children or if you like to eat in. The sixth floor pool deck also had a play area and bbq area, which was a nice feature. The best part is that this hotel is walking distance to the beach and zoo, and other Waikiki attractions.I would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
Stephen
"You get what you pay for."
All in all it was a pleasant hotel. I was trying to be frugal and that's exactly what we got. Wasn't the Marriott which is what we are used to but, for what we paid we can't complain. The place was out dated. Other then that it was clean and close to the beach.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
serrano06
"OK for the low price, close to the beach"
Hotel is about one block from the beach. The hotel room is old, the bathroom is slow to drain the water down and the door can't even close and lock.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
beach's lover
Staff was very nice. Every time we called them for help, they responded right away. Hotel is in good location. One block from the beach and located near major city bus stop. Everything is OK except the carpet is worn.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Henry
"Nice condo and closes to beach and stores."
When you enter the room, it has a smell of old carpet.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"Clean and Affordable"
This was our second stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and quick to respond to any issues. Room was dated and somewhat worn but it was very clean! Very spacious.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Carlos
"Good value for your money, but a mixed bag"
I visited Hawaii for a professional conference. In general, the stay was good, thouh not great. Here is my break down. CONS: 1) The hotel has been doing construction for the last year, and I was told it will continue for some time. Because of this, there were LOUD CONSRUCTION NOISES beginning at 8:00 a.m. most days, and lasting into the afteroon. It was the equivalent of someone using a power drill in the next room. If you want to sleep in during your vacation, call and ask if the hotel is still doing construction. If so, this is not the hotel for you. In addition, when we arrived, our balcony was roped off with warning signs, and so we asked to be moved to a different room, which the hotel agreed to promptly. PROS: 1) The new room was clean and ready to use. 2) The staff were courteous and the cleaning staff was flexible and willing come back later if their first visit was not convenient. 3) Extra beds were provided and ready to use upon our arrival. 4) Near the beach. All in all, good value for your money, but the construction noise was disappointing.
7 night business trip Jul 29, 2013
David M.
"Vacation with family"
Our room have a Beatiful view, walking distance to the beach. It a three star holtel. Don't expect more. Rent a car and drive to north shore.
6 night trip Jul 27, 2013
NI
"Banyan"
Nice stay at banyan with friendly staff, room is ok have almost everything you will need, only thing is the sofa bed is very uncomfortable and during our stay unfortunately the lanai was off limits due to construction, but overall not bad and its close to the beach but quite a walk if u like to shop
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
mark
"Family stay in Waikiki"
The location of the Aston Waikiki Banyan is excellent. The rooms all come with a kitchen--very useful for kids. The location is great--one block from the beach--and parking is relatively cheap, $15. While not as fancy as places like the Hilton Hawaiian Village--being on the east end of Waikiki and having a kitchen is great. We'll stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2013