All hotels in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here6320 Estate Smith Bay, St. Thomas, St. Thomas, 00802, U.S. Virgin Islands, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.8
    2.8
    2.5
"Good beach. Bad service."
The hotel is in good location. Beautiful beach. But the hotel conditions are very poor. The front desk person wasn't very friendly. The service was slow. There are not covers or blankets for the sofa and rollaway bed. We asked for extra bedding. It took then 4 hours to deliver partially, after calling Hotels.com to intervene. We never got the rest of the rest of the it.
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
"never again"
Things didn't work - TV, telephone,management didn't care, mold, no restaurant, run-down old building, rotting wood, overpriced, no yi-fi
4 night trip Mar 16, 2015
"It was amazing good, clean, amazing oeacn view, la"
It was amazing good, clean, amazing oeacn view, large enough rooms for three persons. Love it!
1 night trip with friends Mar 8, 2015
Wenjie
"Very disappointed traveler"
It was the worst experience I've ever had! I wrote all my problems down but I was limited to 1500 characters! Bad service! dirty rooms hair all over the place! Standing water in tub! Light bulbs out, lack of concern from management team! Broken door! I can elaborate more but horrible!!!!!!
6 night trip with friends Feb 10, 2015
Denise
"Great beach, unreliable accommodations"
This facility consists of condominiums, and the room quality seems to be highly variable. I was unfortunate to get a very poor room, so that results in a poor review even though some units may be much nicer than the one I had, as I heard from speaking to some other guests. My unit, which was in one of the buildings on the hill, had an old TV with one channel not cable as advertised, no safe in the room as advertised, and lots of roaches in the kitchenette. There is a marina down the hill where trips can be booked on site. The beach is beautiful, and snorkeling is possible. There are several pools on the grounds (including one near the beach used by ducks), but many of the amenities appear to be out of repair so that calling the place a resort is a stretch. Registration takes place in an unmarked room (#201) in one of the buildings near the beach to which a cab driver will direct guests, and the receptionists are also highly variable. I had intended to stay for 3 days, but canceled my stay after the first night, which I spent in the room only because I had arrived late and had nowhere else to go. A facility that calls itself a resort needs to have in-room safes. As a solo traveler I am not prepared to leave my valuables in my room without one when I go to the beach. The receptionist who registered me told me if I wanted a safe I should have gone to a hotel!
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Kira
"Don't go"
This place is old and Dungee in dated rings smelled like mildew no restaurants to walk to teeny tiny beach with course saying and couldn't get a hold of the staffeven if you wanted to they were nonexistent.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Vincent
"Could use upgraded"
I hotel was nice, in a nice location very secure, but could use upgraded. A lot of things were weathered and warn.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
mike
"room & view were great, staff not so friendly"
nothing spectacular about my stay, im from the island so im familiar with the island and the property
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Disappointingly shabby buildings in great location"
The condos are on a hill above the beach and marina, so you can walk down to either. The view is lovely and the snorkelling was good off the beach. The pool areas were small but well maintained. However, despite just being gone over by the exterminators, I saw cockroaches in the kitchenette. The bed was advertised as having a tempurpedic mattress, which was not true (although it was clean), and the base underneath was incredibly noisy. The furniture was shabby and the air-conditioner was loud and inefficient (old). I would not stay here again.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Fair Stay"
Overall it was good but the room needs some much needed updates as far as hotel life.
2 night trip Nov 20, 2014
"don't get excited for this place. just a stopover."
Took 10 minutes to find the "lobby" then another 30 to get checked in and a shuttle to the room whigh dropped off other employees while we waited. The whole place felt abandoned and neglected. Beach wasn't worth writing home about either.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Pretty nice"
This was a nice hotel a little bit of a walk to the beach but the beach is beautiful. The room was clean and had everything we needed.
Eva
"Great location. Okay accommodations."
Just about Everything was under construction there. The beach restaurant and pool where getting renovated. The room was nice but very dated. The bed was horrible and very uncomfortable. The view and location did make up cons. Very close to the ferries and Coral World.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
vince
"DECEPTION"
not at all a resort. like a place we stayed in the 70's. needs updating!! if individually owned units maybe others in better shape. beach amenities close at 5pm only restaurant on site could be a gem but under staffed managed poorly.
2 night trip Jul 13, 2014
traveler
"Hotel under construction."
Sapphire Village Resorts was not what I expected. First, the property is under construction. When my husband and I arrived we got a room in the condominium section of the resort. Room 309 smelled like a crime scene that had not been cleaned properly. The kitchen was very small. There were holes that had been patched and showed visible repairs. The water pressure in the shower was not up to par. The over all condition of the room was dilapidated. We called the front desk and ask for another room and was asked why we didn't like the room and had to explain in detail. We finally got a room that was by the marina(room F105). It still smelled like mildew. The bed did not have a Temprapedic mattress at all. We had back pain every morning. The condition of the room was just livable. The stove wobbled. The microwave oven was on the very edge of the cabinet. On the fourth day of our stay there was power outage. Despite the conditions, we continued to stay positive through this whole ordeal. As stated earlier, the property is under construction yet they are still booking rooms without disclosing this fact. Please beware.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Zenobia
"View of marina was beautiful"
It is a very big resort with multiple units available. They were ready for us at check in and the young lady was very pleasant as well as the young man that lead us to our unit. The unit itself was away from the beach but had a beautiful view of the marina. We were close to a pool with a bar and grill but reviews of the grill scared us away. The two air conditioners were very loud and you could not set on your balcony if the a/c was on because that is where the a/c fans were as well. Totally bare bones kitchen, no paper towels, no dish soap to wash up your dishes, drawer pulls came off in our hand, no toiletries and barely any hot water for showers. Wi-fi was suppose to be free but had to pay for it and it was extremely slow. Was really looking forward to Sapphire Beach since we had never stayed there but was truthfully very disappointed in the amenities.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Tammy Morgan
The condo was out dated, old and dingy. location far from beach. Furniture was old and beaten up. Would suggest you take this property off your recommended list. Future guests will be terribly disappointed. The room was so bad that we stayed only 2 of the three days we had booked.
3 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
"Beautiful beach access"
Loved our room. It was on ground level with great access to the beach!
15 night trip Mar 17, 2014
Maresa
"Not worth the money"
for the price i expected more. Lots of little misses make this hotel not worthy of even 3 stars. They couldn't spend 10 bucks on a toilet seat. bathroom had no Windows no vent, no space. View from room was nice, but dont trust hotel pix... you are not close to water. Queen size bed was shorter than 5 feet, my feet swung. Old tube tv, no cable only got two channels. Hotel restaurant closed whenever, no consistent hours. But food was good. Many hills and many stairs. Overall was ok, but we paid more instead of staying somewhere else but felt cheated out of decent accomodations
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
mitou
"A plain Jane condo."
This condo could use some updating, as the decor seemed outdated. The drive from the airport was also far and there are no grocery stores within walking distance. Checking in was difficult, as there were no signs informing us where to pick up the keys (the Expedia listing offered no assistance).
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
Islesboy
"Nice complex, great beach, lacking conveniences"
Stayed in large, clean 1 bedroom condo with harbor & ocean view in Sapphire Village complex. Full service restaurant with great nightly live music, and also have a beachside cafe. 3 small clean pools However, no convenience store and $4 per person taxi ride to Red Hook can get pricey, as no sidewalk to town. But once in Red Hook can easily get to St. John. Overall a nice location.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Why to stay here or to not stay here"
If you are looking for a clean place to sleep and make some meals this is the place to stay. The resort is ok and the amenities are alright. If you are going to be spending most of your time going to the beaches and exploring the island with a rented car this place will suit you very well. Its what I did and I had a great vacation. If you are looking for a resort that will cater to all of your needs you will need to find another place.
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
"Misleading"
When arriving to the hotel we were told that the main office would be closing in a half hour. It would have been fine, but after a long flight we wanted to get food. The restaurant was closed, no one was available via phone, there was no one to help us. In the morning the office didn't open until around 8:30am, and it was just really hard to communicate with the staff. There were no shuttles to take us from the office to the hotel (which were far apart), we were placed in a room with one bed, when we requested two, it was just very disappointing. There were stains in the fridge, the room wasn't very clean, and we had no idea when or if the hotel staff would be by to clean. There was no "do not disturb" sign to put up either. It was just overall very uncomfortable.
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
"Great place! Very happy guests"
Our room was perfect. Nice and spacious. Very clean. Loved the pools and beautiful beaches. Great experience.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
Chelsea
"Great time and experience!"
We stayed in room 157 and it was perfect! We loved the decor and the room overlooked the marina and ocean. The stay was very friendly and willing to help with anything. We had an amazing experience. The beach at Sapphire is one of the best on the island. It's simple and perfect
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Chelsea
"Pleasant and not over done."
The hotel was a little run down but I picked the place because it was close to the beach, had a bar right there and close to Red hook and everything I wanted to do. If you are picky about every detail, and everything has to be perfect then this hotel is not for you. This hotel is for the real travelers, not snobs. I would defiantly go back again and recommend it to my friends.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"I would definitely stay in Sapphire Village again."
Everything during my stay in a Sapphire Village Resort studio was perfect. Service was excellent. Every day housekeeper was cleaning my unit including washing dishes and making my bed. Towels and sheets were changed every other day. I was pleasantly surprised after reading a couple of negative reviews on line about this place. The resort has one restaurant (I am not sure if they are open for breakfast) but if you are on a budget or just prefer to make your own breakfast and enjoy it on your balcony with gorgeous ocean view just purchase some groceries in Tutu Park Mall Plaza Extra. If you don't rent a car one dollar "safari" bus will get you there in ten minutes (it makes stops by the resort). The open-air dollar "safari" buses are very reliable running during the day apx every fife minutes. If you prefer dining in restaurants get to Red Hook which is only two minutes from Sapphire (the "safari" will take you there) and you will find there many places to eat. The beach by the resort is beautiful although a bit rocky but you can find nice spots or just take a ferry from Red Hook to St John (fifteen minutes) and explore the most beautiful and real virgin beaches (my favor Honey Moon and Solomon Beach). I am glad and very satisfied that I chose Sapphire. Whenever I come back to St. Thomas I will definitely stay there again.
9 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2013
Joanna
"Not a good night"
June 21. We stay there for one night. When we got there In our boat, we could not find the reservation desk. We called them and they said they would pick us up, But we had to ask multiple times where, in which place would they pick us up. We booked three rooms and they were supposed to have two double beds in each room. Instead the rooms are one double bed and a pullout. Because one of the double beds was broken they gave us one room in the F building, that is the building closest to the number to Maria. That room was nice the other two were not good. Overall the place looks like it's not being kept.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
ozzy
"OK for one night"
I realize this hotel is in a harsh marine environment the upkeep was non-existent. The views from the balcony were beautiful, the pool was well kept, but everywhere else could have used some work. The interior of the room was fairly clean, but very dated. The bed was ancient and uncomfortable.
Other trip Apr 24, 2013
islandsgirl
"Use this hotel if you are on a budget"
Amazing beach! We also liked the restaurants located at this resort. Our room served it's purpose. It was a clean place to sleep and shower. Not really that comfortable though and the TV/VCR (VCR? Do we live in the dark ages?) was broken. I was disappointed that the hotel didn't offer free Wi-Fi services, you'd think that in this day and age they could provide free Wi-Fi services for their paying guests. The paying Wi-Fi didn't even reach our room, we had to hike down to the restaurant to use it. The hotel staff also isn't that helpful or friendly. In all, I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget.
Other trip Feb 27, 2013
Alex
"Slightly Run Down and needs refurbishing."
Was just o.k. Badly needs work. Example, the slatted shades are totally broken, wet mop in closet. Burned out light bulbs. Etc.
3 night trip Nov 28, 2012
"great place to stay to loose weight"
hotel experience was poor to say the least, no place to really eat, you just felt like you were staying in an somewhat run down apartment complex, the only positive about staying there was good location, beautiful beach, just make sure your room is on the beach, and not all the way to the back, otherwise its a hike to the beach
Other trip Nov 13, 2012
elaine
"Great Place to enjoy a nite off"
My stay was great. Although it was too short. Could use a restaurant or convenience store at the location. Red hook is pretty close and has lots of restaurants so that evens it out.
Business trip Sep 18, 2012
Guario
"ok but others are better"
This was not the best choice. First off I was in the condos up on the hill and to walk to beach was a bit of a long haul. Little to no food on property. The room was ok the bed was very nice but the bathroom and kitchen really need a redo. After my week long sailing trip I stayed at the villas at Blue Beards castle It was less expensive and a much better hotel where as I would rate this a 1.5 to 2 star the other was a 5 The staff was very nice.
Other trip Jul 9, 2012
steve
"rough around the edges"
Stayed 2 nights at the end of our boat charter. The condo rooms had nice tropical decor and a large balcony, ours overlooked a marina. Though pretty, if you scratched the surface, there were issues that detract from this really being a good place to stay. We were a large party with multiple rooms and none of them had a working phone, so we had to use our cells to call each other or the front desk or had to walk the long distance back to the office. Each was told "oh you must be in one of the rooms with a broken phone" so this not a new issue, nor do I think a rare one. There's a small BBQ style eatery on property which was overrun by cruise ship folk, so I would avoid this property when ships are in if you don't want to hang out with loud drunk obnoxious swearing people ordering copious frozen drinks. There's nowhere else to get food unless you walk to the small Sapphire restaurant or pay a taxi to Red Hook. The staff was rather unhelpful, the exception was the bellman who tried hard to accommodate us, not that we asked for much. I never did find the laundry (which we really needed after a week on a boat) even after calling the desk on my cell twice and being told "it is on the lower level of your building"--it's not. Our friends had true beach front rooms and they had wonderful views. There are many other choices, you may pay more, but if you want decent service and care if things are in working order you may want to go elsewhere.
Family trip Jul 8, 2012
Kelly S
"Once beautiful hotel allowed to fall into ruin."
It looks like no one has done basic preventative maintenance at the hotel for a decade. The rooms are run-down and dated; the lobby/reception area is completely gutted and dilapidated. The bar and restaurant have been torn down, but nothing has been done to replace these amenities. Hotel guests are charged $7 to rent a beach chair. The only saving grace is that the beach is still beautiful and the hotel is located in a convenient area. Our stay was very disappointing, seeing as we used to live on-island and frequent this property on a weekly basis when it used to be well-maintained with lots of activities and amenities for guests and the community.
Other trip May 29, 2012
JJ

"go somewhere else"
no phone, internet bad, floors dirty, broken lock on door, no curtain for the slider ...no curtain. No one knows anything about anything......
4 night trip with friends Dec 18, 2014
richard

"となりのリゾート"
年末に3泊予約をしました。チェックインしたところ、なぜか隣のリゾートホテルに回されました。同じグループとのことで、こちらは満室だからということでした。となりのリゾートホテルの設備も悪くはないと思うのですが、ガーデンビューといいながら、なんだか山の中にいるみたい、なんだかすっきりしませんでした。ビーチまでは徒歩15分、ビーチチェアもホテルに宿泊していないから、とのことで無料で借りることができませんでした。ビーチはきれいで、スノーケルもすぐ近くでできます。朝の散歩を楽しむ意味でも、そちらに泊まってホテルを評価してみたかったです。
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
2 night trip Nov 16, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Antilles At Sapphire Beach Resort

"excellent"
11/08/14 2377donna9 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
we were only here for 3 days, but enjoyed every minute of it. our room was a harbor view so we were not exactly on the beach but did not make a difference. the room was large, comfortable, and clean. loved our patio with all of the iguanas walking around. beach had great snorkeling. I would stay here again if I go back to st Thomas.
"Tranquility at its best"
03/30/14 MELLOW51 Mountain Home, Arkansas
We landed at 4:40 Sunday afternoon. We had carry on only so breezed right over to Avis, had a reservation with them. No problem with free upgrade. We rented the car for 6 days and probably hit every road on the island. Being from the mountains in the Arkansas Ozarks your roads were not much different than the ones i drive daily back up in the hills. If your a flat lander i would say have fun and be careful. But do rent a car even if not for the whole trip. We loved Sapphire beach it was so peaceful and quiet. The snorkeling was ok. Ive seen better and ive seen worse.Never had a chair problem. Security would put a big stack right between B & C were the food place is. I would go down about 8 am get 2 chairs put them in our favorite spot and throw are towels on them witch is what most people i saw do every morning.We took a day sail with captain Max to St John we ended up in christmas bay and done some good snorkeling. I would recomend captain Max anytime. She is an awesome women and first mate Jordan done an excelent job. We stayed in A207 and rented it from vrob #491334. This is a beautiful remodeled condo. Took the ferry over to St John and took a safari bus tour and just wondered around. Mostly drove around the first 6 days and hung on the beach the rest of the time.Sapphire Beach is a beautiful place and fell in love with it. The grocery store i liked the best was Plaza Extra in tutu it seemed to be the closest to what we have at home and it is in the same plaza as Kmart we also shopped there. We flew out at 1:30 fri afternoon. Flew right through customs and immigration Hoped on a Cape air 7 seat cessna and flew to San Juan and that was an awesome flight i would recommend it the sights are beautiful. Plus it cut 3 hrs off are flight had we flown from Stt to Atlanta. I have all my slide shows and movies all posted. I made a movie of the grounds of the resort front and beach side. You'll be able to see the beauty of sapphire. One thing to add we NEVER felt threatened anywhere we went and never ran into all these rude people that everybody talks about. Of course i was born and raised southern and manners were bred into us in my day. A good day or afternoon or hello how are you to day i found would bring a smile and good conversation with any islander i ran into. and since i love to meet locals everywhere i go i met alot of very good people. If anybody has any questions feel free to ask away. Dont know if i can answer them but i will do my best. www.youtube.com/user/BUZZARDROOST5015/videos?shelf_id=1&sort=dd&view=0
"Most unfriendly staffs I've ever seen"
01/04/14 gonta6 Boston, Massachusetts
I would never stay here again. There is only one very crappy restaurant on site and is inconvenient since it's very far from the town. Moreover, the staffs there are all very very unfriendly. Reception, coffee shop, regular staff, everyone. Not only are they not friendly but they were slow doing everything, very incompetent. The room was pretty new and nice and the beach is beautiful so it's just such a shame that the hotel is awful.
"Beautiful Views"
12/29/13 Eileen10712 Ossining, New York
We stayed right on the beach, the views happen to be the best I have ever seen, looking at the blue water, white beach and mountains every day was dreamy. The staff was superb, the management office extremely efficient .
"AVOID."
05/04/13 ny213 new york city
After being lured in by the price and location I made the terrible mistake of staying here. The Pros: GREAT location, beautiful beach and pool area, wonderful deck, close to ferry, grounds are secure. The Cons (and boy, I mean CONS): You better pray to god that nothing is broken in your room. It will NOT get fixed, period. There was a leak coming from the upstairs bathroom directly above our toilet, was great to get a second shower of mystery liquid when using the bathroom. No one ever came to fix. The smoke alarm battery was dying and beeping constantly, no one one could be bothered enough to come and simply change the battery. We ended up just taking the alarm out so that we could sleep. Safety first! It is impossible to dial the front desk from your room, nice. Our room was dated, not a big deal, and apparently they are remodeling.... by apparently i mean that it is LOUD as hell in the am when you are trying to sleep and relax. Why would anyone want to sleep in a construction zone? The maid only came on the first and last day that we stayed there. They apparently come every other day, but she didnt show up on her scheduled days. Fun times. The A rooms have a great ocean view, but are just plain gross and in disrepair. While the office staff is nice, NOTHING gets done. Period. I was absolutely eaten alive by some sort of bug (bugs) at night. Im not talking about a few mosquitos, I'm talking about over 30 small bites on my arms and legs. Staff didn't offer to change my room or seem to care. Management here is a huge issue, completely useless. Staff completely out to lunch. The customer is the real victim here. Absolutely ZERO value for my money. Seriously avoid, dont be lured in by the price. You'll get what you paid for... trust me!
"Great Beach and Snorkeling"
05/01/13 Lostagainadvisor Houston, Texas
The hotel has seen better days. We arrived at dusk and located the office, which was in another room. The staff was slow and easily distracted. It took us 30 minutes to get checked in. We went to the room, actually the hotel is individual condos, it was dated. Room service was offered on certaiin days only, and our room was not cleaned the 5 days. There are no restaruants, just a snack cart down by the beach. Red Hook is the closest town with food and groceries. By car about 5 miles. The beach was excellent. Fantastic water, snorkeling, and diving. After all you're only going to be in the room to sleep. The price of food is very expensive. When I go to the Virgin Islands again I will have a suitcase filled with food from home and my carry on with clothing.
"Best Vacation! *Recent* (Suits both Spring Break and Family style environments)"
04/08/13 TajalaA New Hyde Park, New York
Let me start off my saying this.. this hotel was amazing! I asked if it was still under Antilles, and the hotel informed me they are currently under new management. Upon arrival, my friends and I were excited so we asked alot of questions about the area, we ended up with a villa right on the beach. We stayed in B209. Most of the hotel is timeshares, they are beautiful! The view is breathtaking. Snorkeling right on the beach, people come from other hotels just to stay on the beach at this resort. Sapphire Beach has coral and snorkeling equipement for $7 per day. You can also rent a beach chair ($7 per day) or just sit on the beach with a towel. The restaurant has bar, so you can order a number of things and it will run about $10-$15 depending on alcohol etc. There is a strip with excellent restaurants and party scene called Red Hook it is a 5 min ($4 Taxi fare per person) away from the hotel. St. Thomas is a not big place the whole island is about 13 miles. So you can go any where on the island for about $10 per person. St. Johns is a ferry ride away from Sapphire Beach it is ($6 per person round trip) St. Johns is a little more pricer then St. Thomas and it is like the high-end side of Virgin Islands. But the beaches on St. John are amazing, and there is excellent shopping there if you desire. The hotel had maid service, but we opted to take care of our place on our own. We stayed at the Villa on the beachfront for $250 per night during spring break which I thought was an excellent deal. The condos are cheaper and they are not on the beach but you can get a ride to the beach from the hotel staff. Everyone was really friendly and the price was right for this place for me. I really recommend this hotel, I dont know what that Frankenstein hotel review was about, it worried me but I ended up with the best experience. Hope this review helps!
10/18/12 Michelle704 Orlando, Florida
My husband and I stayed here in mid September and had a great trip. We stayed in D101 and you can find out about this on the homeaway site. Darrell and Roseanne were amazing and really thought of everything needed to make this feel like home. The snorkeling right by is great and we would highly recommend taking a trip on the Breakaway. Choose this condo and you will not be disappointed.
"Bait and Switch "Frankenstein Type Hotel""
02/08/12 JAMESBOWEN Boston, Massachusetts
When we arrived, we were directed by the "Transport" company, "Tropical Tours" to a hotel room that was substituting for the "Lobby" of the hotel. We had to stand in the bathroom while the "receptionist" dealt with a resident who was drunk and smelled horrible, an apparent permanent resident in this "shelter". After taking an imprint of my credit card, I was told where my room was located. In traveling to find the room, (no assistance with luggage), I passed through what appeared to be the prior "Lobby" that had several missing ceiling tiles, light fixtures torn out of the walls and lots of trash on the floor. "Under Construction" read a handwritten sign on the wall. Once I entered the room, there was an unpleasant stale odor. Upon turning on the lights, I noticed pubic hair on the desk. I went to the patio and attempted to turn on the light that didn't work. .... Then finally, something good, I opened the door to the patio to a spectacular view of the Bay. The sand just 10 feet from my door and the water just another 50 feet away. My fiancee and I smiled at eachother at that point because that was what we were really looking for in this Island Of Paradise, was to just get away for a while from the stresses of work and the cold weather in Boston. I attempted to call the "receptionist" but, not surprisingly, the phone did not work. I walked back to the reception "bathroom" and advised them that the phone did not work and that I needed some cleaning supplies to clean up all of the pubic hair in the room. I was told that someone would come to the room shortly, Some 45 minutes later, a man came to the door wearing a gold chain that hung down to his belly button, looking like a younger "Mr.T" wannabe and said he was there to look at the phone. He walked in, picked up the phone, didn't get a dial tone and said, "yah, it's broken and I don't know when they are going to fix it, but you can use the phone in the office upstairs if you need to make a call." He also had no cleaning supplies on him and I didn't expect that he was there to clean anyway, so I didn't even bother to ask. ..... The next morning, we ventured out to the beach. THAT'S ALL THAT THERE IS THERE!! Located on the property on the beach is a Night Club, Restaurant, and a Bar....ALL OF WHICH are boarded up and closed, not due to the "off season" but, as I came to find out from some of the residents there, these places have been boarded up for about 4 years due to an ongoing legal battle between the condo association and the hotel over a dispute due to the noise that comes from them. One resident who owned the condo next to me stated, "Yah, you wouldn't believe how many people come to me and complain that this is a run down ghost town of a hotel, and that it certainly isn't like the brochures purport it to be. I've complained to the management that they shouldn't be misrepresenting this place like that because it causes bad feelings from all of the guests towards the residents." ....... I called my travel agency, but the hassle and costs that would have resulted from moving to another hotel would have made the whole situation just that much worse. ....... The ONLY REDEMPTION that the Antilles At Sapphire Beach has is that the beach itself is beautiful and just outside of your patio door, other than that, I was robbed of $2000. for 5 nights at Frankenstein's House.
"Fabulous! Would love to go back!"
06/07/11 sealor Quakertown, Pennsylvania
We stayed here in late May 2011 for a wedding. Our accommodations were a recently remodeled efficiency unit with a king size bed, dining area, modern kitchen with granite countertops and full appliances (no dishwasher), living room, large deck and large bathroom with a double vanity. Also plenty of closet space. We looked out our deck right onto the beach and cove area. The weather was perfect - an occasional storm passing by but not lasting long and the sun was out shortly after. Swimming, snorkeling, kayaking all are offered here. We took a side trip kayaking and snorkeling but were just as happy doing the same at our beautiful beach. You can order sandwiches and drinks while basking in the sun on the beach and the pool area is gorgeous. The only drawback is there is no restaurant or convenience store. You have to travel a mile into Red Hook but there are plenty of very nice eating establishments and a supermarket there.