All hotels in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here16701 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL, 33160, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great experience"
Very nice. Good service, and friendly. We were on our honeymoon and they upgraded us for free.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
"Decent for price"
Hotel has a beautiful view in a great area. The rooms are ok had to switch twice to get a up to date modernized room. The staff could have been more friendly. overall experience was nice. Just watch out for the hidden fees.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Tee
"Nice on the beach but rooms are not as advertised."
Staff was friendly, but the rooms are run down and old.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
We have a nice time staying here. The only negative thing is that the furniture in the restaurant and in our room showed signs of wear and tear.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Stayed three days and experienced staff that ignored my friend and I at the counter a few times not to mention being testy.
"Nice beach hotel"
Nice location, right on the beach, although the afternoon sun is mostly blotted out by the high rise next door on both the beach and pool areas. Seemed to be lots of families with kids staying there, so don't book if that would bother you. Also, look closely at your bar and restaurant charges - they like to add in an 18% gratuity on everything, and before I realized this, I was tipping again on the total bill. The waiter at the pier restaurant happily accepted the 40+% cash tip without telling me the gratuity was already included. What a rip off! The room was nicely appointed, with two flatscreen tvs, a jacuzzi tub, a sliding divider wall that separated the king bed from the sleeper sofa area, and had a balcony overlooking the pool with a view of the ocean. Well worth the additional charge from a city view room. The hot tub was a little foamy (never a good sign). The pool was large with a 6 foot deep end. There was even a separate wading pool (for all those kids). Wifi in the room was spotty, but strong in the lobby. The concierge offered restaurant discounts for sittng through a timeshare presentation, but we didn't bite. A great hotel for the money. Especially nice location if you are flying out of Ft Lauderdale airport when you leave.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Nice hotel for the price"
Nice hotel for the price. Good choice if you are in a badget .
Ed
"One night stay before heading to airport"
Overall the stay was satisfactory. We had just come from 3 relaxing days in Marathon Key FL. Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted with a long line of cars then a long line at check in. The front desk attendants were pleasant and efficient. Compared to the slow paced relaxed atmosphere of the Keys, the Miami clientele was a bit of a shock (many there were pretentious and pushy. One lady literally pushed passed me almost knocking me over as we waited in line to get on the elevator). The room was comfortable and the bed provided a good nights sleep. The only options for parking were self parking for $20 which was described to be a block away or valet at $25. Pool area was nice with what appeared to be a nice well stocked bar. The hot tub was a joke. I have a bad back and part of the reason I chose the hotel was because it offered a hot tub. It was literally a "warm" tub and it felt crowded with three people in it. In the morning we called valet for our car. The car was waiting for us as we checked out. The valet attendants were awesome! They were the best part of the stay. They had me laughing and I left with a big smile. Overall the hotel is a nice typical sterile large scale hotel.
"unimpressed"
I arrived early so we got a room as soon as it was cleaned. Whatever cleaning products were used were horrific and suffocating! The smell was horrible as well as it was lingering in the air and choking us. The pillows has dark lint on the white sheets and it was just out right ghetto. Unimpressed for a 3star rating
1 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
"Poor communication"
We had called ahead about a room upgrade and also about an early check in/arrival. We were told both would be fine. When we arrived we were not surprised that they couldn't check us in as early as we were. It was after all 7am. We were assured by the front desk supervisor that they would get us in earlier than the 3pm check in though and that our room was indeed upgraded per our request. We knew we had to pay more but figured it was worth it to get a renovated room. "we will call your cell phone when your room is ready. Probably about noon". At 4 pm we finally checked as we hadn't gotten a call, and a room was ready. Ok...ok we are on vacation. Stuff happens. Then we get in our un-renovated room and then we were upset. "Oh we can't guarantee a renovated room. That is just a request" "Oh no we cant refund any money but we will try to get you in a new room" Thankfully a different manager moved us the next day and comp'd us for breakfast. Overall it was a typical east coast beach hotel. They don't really give a crap now that you are booked and they are going to overcharge you for everything even though the hotel is run down and you don't have water pressure. They really didn't seem to care but we are used to it. That is why we moved from the East coast.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Greg
"Nice view..loud room"
The room location was not good as it was next to the elevator. The location was loud.
1 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
LATASHA
Took so long to check in then they said could not find your reservation, even though I have already paid for hotel. Then room was not ready and ended up in handicap room, carpet tore up and could feel tack strip on your feet when walk to bathroom. Water goes everywhere when you take shower. Was nice that there was access to pier.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"Very nice for the price"
Great Experience. Upgraded to an ocean view upon arrival. Great facilities. Beautiful view from balcony. Loved the pier and the food was excellent. Overall experience exceeded my expectations for the price we paid.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Everything was great..the hotel the ocean view .. My room was nice n clean. No complaints.. I will go back in july
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"Awesome Telly"
Great hotel will definitely be back the next time!
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Outdated! Not what you see on the Internet."
Stains on carpet, furniture, etc., although housekeeping did a good job cleaning the very outdated room. There was a hole under the doorknob leading to the very dirty, small patio which allowed cold air (a cool front caused heavy wind) to enter the room. Cold air was blowing in under the door as well. We were informed there is no heat, so our room was very cold. The food we ordered from room service was terrible, although the service was great. We had to call Expedia because the hotel did not have record of our reservations. The Desk Clerk informed us that is not unusual. There are no Coffee Pots provided in order to have you use their facilities. They also push for you to take a Time Share Tour!! This hotel is two stars at best! Disappointing Vacation. I Do not recommend.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Disappointed
I would recommend this hotel because it is cheaper that another ones around.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"This old hotel"
Old hotel in great area. Needs upkeep. Old tub, hallways rugs beat up. Didn't feel clean. Felt a couple of flea bites in bed.
2 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"A little disappointed."
Hallway is musty,no heat in the room,have to pay for parking $20.00 per night,have to pay for the chair under the hut.Some of these should tell us up front,I would have done thing difference.
3 night romance trip Jan 27, 2015
chesada
"Quick trip to the beach for our family of four"
We had a great time. It is a busy hotel, I think due to timeshares. Niccolle at check in was great. She got us in our room early and we loved the room we got. 9th floor, oceanfront. The walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors, but it is to be expected with an older hotel. Sebastian at the tiki bar was awesome and so friendly. The drinks are pricey, but they are strong and they offer one drink as a special each day. Wonderful beach access and view. Parking is pricey, but valet is only $5 more a day and they are quick.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Sarita ;)
"Will be back"
Best lobster I've ever eaten at the lobster buffet. Great beach, clean and comfortable rooms. Can't wait to come back
4 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
Gwen
"Clean and comfortable beachfront hotel !"
First stay at this hotel. I vacation this area at least once a year. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Sue and John
"Beautiful location, hotel needs some updating"
We stayed 4 nights. Location was beautiful, right on the beach. The hotel needs to upgrade areas. Most public areas very nice. Gym only has treadmills and weights, no ellipitcals or bikes. The rugs in the hallways are very old and soiled an bothered my allergies. Service at the desk was very slow, there was always a line up. Elevators also very slow and small. Beach and boardwalk very nice. Pool looked great but I wasn't in it. Room was sufficient for our needs but one day, we didn't get towels until 10:30 pm! Overall, I would stay again if there was a good deal. Nice an close to stores as well.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Marlene
"Hotel is basic."
The hotel is basic. Rooms are outdated and in overall disrepair. Beach is close and nice and outdoor area is nice. Wifi and TV are terrible. About a 20 minute drive from the real action. We decided to change hotels after our first night. It's not horrid, but it's not where I would want to spend my vacation. I would rather pay a little more for some more creature comforts. They did have a nice bar by the pool with reasonably priced food and drinks and a nearby pool had a bar and restaurant.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Emily
"not happy"
After 20 minutes of standing in line waiting to get checked in, the lady at the front desk gave us our room key cards but when we got up to our room they didn't work so I had to go back down and get it fixed but when I went up it was the same thing so I went back down frustrated until somebody else has to come up with new key cards. THEN I wanted to shower and their shower head was complicated! The water was coming out from the bottom but we wanted it in shower mode answer nothing we tried worked so we had to call downstairs and when somebody came up it was something we had to pull from the bottom which is not normal and very complicated and frustrating. It was a descent price but I could not stay more than one night.
1 night romance trip Jan 27, 2015
"Was hoping for a straight view of ocean."
It was nice, will stay again, but as mention on our comment card, we called guest services times and wanted to rent a movie, they would and answer and put us hold for and after 10 mins. would hang up, they would answer without us even being able to say a word. We enjoyed the tour of the hotel and the free dinner, although, there was a little aggressiveness from the director after explaining that we weren't ready for the program. Mila was a pleasant tour guide and explained everything thorough, and I'm sure she was disappointed we didn't get into the program, hope she still has a secured job.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Dads 75th Sunny BDay with his Sons"
I rented 2 rms ..for my Dad and 3 brothers for 3 nights.The staff and especially the valet crew were great.They retrieved car in minutes and were friendly .Beach and pool were great.i will say that the drink prices at pool bar after dark were outrageous .Also fishing pier restaurant next door was super expensive but scenic and convenient .I m big on breakfast and there's a Denny's 3blocks away which was great and a Starbucks only 2 Blocks away which was also big.Our crew are all big Java Drinkers.Overall I was pleased with my stay and when I return next Jan there's a good chance I'll stay here again
3 night family trip Jan 21, 2015
"Great place in the perfect location"
Everything about the hotel was great. The location was perfect and the facility was very nice. Staff were all friendly. Lots of shopping and great restaurants in the area. The beach was great. The only bad thing about the hotel that comes to mind was the wifi was horrible. Most times you couldn't log on or it took so long to load an email you would have to click on it and come back to it. The hotel does need to improve that. For the price it was great.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Patrick
"Oceanfront room is amazing"
We booked an oceanfront room, but during check in they don't have any available. That was disappointing and made us angry, because we wanted to get what we paid for. But the next day they changed it for Oceanfront. Additionally, they gave vouchers for 2 day breakfasts and valet parking. Ocean view from the room is amazing, really recommend to book it.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Anzhela
"Wonderful"
Hotel staff very friendly. Hotel was beautiful! Would def come again
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
jay
"4 day get away"
We had an amazing four day getaway at the Newport hotel we had an oceanfront room it was amazing the hotel staff is excellent they will do anything to accommodate you. We pay the extra $5 for valet it was worth every every penny the valet staff was quick and friendly. We also had a second floor low view of the ocean and they happily changed us the next day to the 9th floor just make sure you ask for a new room that has been renovated listen if you're looking for the plaza or the Aqualina or the Trump Tower this is not the hotel for you. I was worried after reading the reviews that some people left but for the price that I paid it was well well worth it you can stay up the block foranywhere from 300 to $900 for a luxurious stunning place. But we didn't want to pay more than 1- 150 so I'm really really happy that we took this hotel the price was just right cleaning came in everyday tons of towels do not believe the review that you don't get towels you get plenty of towels shampoo anything you need I wanted two extra pillows within 5 minutes the pillows were in my room they really do what they can to make you happy here. Some people are just so fussy that's why the reviews are not so good but like I said if you want the plaza go down the block and pay three times the price. Also there were no hidden fees like people said. Great shopping nearby. Los of restaurants in the neighborhood.
4 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
sima
"A good deal on the ocean"
This hotel is a reasonably priced, average-quality hotel enjoying the same beachfront as the zillion-dollar Trump-type hotel/condos that surround it. It ran a huge promotion recently and my husband and I, waiting out the renovations on our miami beach condo and needing to stay in hotels, picked up two nights via Expedia for $104 a night plus nightly resort fee of under $20. Some reviews had been unfavorable, so we weren't overexpecting. We were surprised to receive a 1-bedroom suite with a separate bedroom, plus dining area, fridge etc. We really didn't need all that room! The bedroom furniture was Tommy Bahama-ish and the bed was just great. The carpeting and the sofa had seen better days but were perfectly ok. The room was very clean. Because of the promotion (including a Groupon, and I think the hotel might be sold out now for a lot of winter dates), the place was BUSY. The friendly staff handled it well, we thought. For $25 a night we valet-parked the car ($20, no valet, across street), and the service was quite prompt. The pool was big and actually heated, lots and lots of lounge chairs, and just steps from the beach with its Palm trees and thatched huts. Lots of options for umbrellas, etc., for a fee but lounge chairs are free. We loved the long pier that's right there housing benches and a restaurant. Free for guests to walk on the pier, a couple of bucks for everybody else. Really beautiful for cocktails while watching the sun set and the lights go on in the high-rise
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Pam
"Avoid!"
Uncomfortable bed, long wait for elevators, worn down hallways, ok service. Decent pool and beach restaurant. Surrounding area is nice with lot of food choices.
3 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"awesome"
Awesome stay. They have $25 valet parking and $20 self parking. Had a nice morning walk on their private beach. It was great.
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
hanshad
"Not a resort experience"
The room service is one of the worst I have ever experienced. Also, the carpet is extremely dirty and smells bad and some days the forgot to clean my room. They can not call this hotel "resort".
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Carlos
"was very comfortable do to the axis to the beach"
very nice hotel but not new condition very clean and comfortablevery very close to the beach with palm trees on the beach side, a nice sized pool and baby pool and Sunnah
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Asher
Great stay. Loved the room, the pier , and the beach. The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. Staff very helpful and friendly.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
amy
"Pleased"
We stayed 2 nights and it was comfortable. The room was in good shape for the most part. The furniture was a little old and could have been upgraded. The sofa was tilted and not very comfortable, but the bed was good and everything else was good. We were pleasantly surprised because we were suppose to have a city view and ended up getting a sea view. We were also suppose to have had 2 double beds and ended up with a king size bed which was also very nice. The only negative comment is that once we got checked in and we were walking by the customer service desk the lady there was attempting to persuade us to go to a 1 1/2 hr tour and meeting so that we could get a free meal. We declined but she continued to put the pressure on to the point that we walked away from her. I'm going to assume that it was in regards to some type of time share sale, that we indeed were not interested in at all. Besides that we were pleased with the hotel and what it had to offer.
2 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
EDWARD
Nice hitel if you are price concious. Well located, close to everything.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Ed
"Service is Key"
The service was terrible and they placed us in an old world room! Told us house keeping only has that room available which the room had a terrible view so we basically kept the blinds closed the whole stay....other than that the beach was cool so was the pool. The hotel is a lot smaller than marketed.
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
Akingbade
"A good hotel"
It was a good experience. Although is not a modern hotel, It is in pretty good condition. The hotel staff is kind and helpful. The only black spot is the tv gadgets and the television service. (Old technology).
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Luis
The staff was so helpful and very attentive and knowledgable !! The hotel was busy but very well run and staffed . The hotel was a little old but had all one needs and great service.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Best hotel with a beach !"
Wonderful !
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Maryam
"Excellent Value in Miami Beach"
An older, renovated hotel on North Miami Beach. Everything was above average, except the pool area which could use some pizzazz. Very good value for the area.
3 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
"Do not want to come back"
Very bed room services . Poor cleaning. Horrible breakfast menu.
7 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
irina
"Don't do it."
Awful. Rude. Run down. Crowded.
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
"Nice Getaway"
Very accommodating staff. Good location
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
"nice stay!"
very good experience, the hotel was perfect, the beach the pool very nice stay whit my family.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
maru
"very disappointed"
While hotel lobby is acceptable, the corridor carpeting is awful and requires immediate washing and cleaning. It's so dirty and smelly, up to the point it's almost offensive. Our room was rather small, with large round coffee table standing in the way, blocking most of the space. I had to move away to make some room. Newer flat TV was standing on the shelf, while the empty box left after the old TV was removed, had cables hanging all over . Not very pretty and sophisticated. We had two nights reserved at this hotel(it was our anniversary) but had to cancel the second night because of this.
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015