All hotels in New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here270 Foxon Blvd, New Haven, CT, 06513, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

"Needs major improvement"
This hotel was very rundown. Had to change rooms twice during a 2-night stay - once for a toilet that wouldn't flush, once for water from the upstairs bathroom leaking down into our bathroom. The desk agent's response after the second change was that the hotel was "under renovation." I saw no areas where renovation was being done but everywhere I looked, I could see where it was drastically needed. The linens had burn holes in them as well as stains. One desk agent would not allow us to get extra towels for the three people in my room, although I registered at the hotel for 3 people. Also, didn't have common hotel courtesy items such as shower caps and extra little squares of soap. Very bad experience for my family.
2 night trip Jun 1, 2014
"Horrible service, bad location"
Would not recommend this hotel to anyone - we could not get extra pillows, the phone in the room didn't work, we were promised that they would knock on the door instead of a call as the phone was not working - they never knocked - the desk clerk was surly and not helpful - we couldn't get any extra towels either - the breakfast consisted of congealed oatmeal, bread which could be toasted, jam that was so old and hard that you could not get it out of the container, horrible coffee and "hot water" that was only lukewarm at night the management did nothing to monitor the halls so people sat out in the halls making lots of noise, chatter, etc late into the morning (the hotel is small only two floors - no elevator by the way) also the surrounding neighborhood is not the best our first night there was an extremely loud rap party that went on for hours and when informed the hotel management said there was nothing they could do oh and by the way the sheets smelled like chlorox All in all go anywhere else than here
4 night family trip Apr 25, 2014
JR
"Good value if you need to save money"
I mistakenly signed up for a smoking room. The hotel would not change it. The room was not saturated with smoke smells, so I stayed after my very late night check in. The room was not clean but not dirty. Just starting to have the built in mold in the shower caulk, and there was some dirt on the tile floor my bare feet found. There were quite a few cigarette burns in the blankets and on the tub. But, that said I have been in many worse rooms than this. Hotels.com appeared to make an offer to change the room when I could not get a non smoking room, but I was too tired to take them up on that after I got to the room.
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Chuck
"Hotel Management and owner are dishonest."
Was overcharged for supposed damage to room. Was originally told that bed was damaged. Actually they used 2 twin box springs under a twin mattress and one of box springs was not seated properly in bed frame. Condescending attitude of night staff. Owner of venue said he would provide documentation of cleaning expense...no documentation was ever provided. I had spent over $1500 on an extended stay at this location.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Retired Profess
"my stay"
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was quiet and peaceful. I appreciated the assistance of the front desk clerk. He was very informative and nice.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
samantha
"Stay Over"
Got to the hotel very late, around midnight. No problems at the front desk or with getting to or in our room. Room was in great condition, everything worked great (shower, toilet, AC, etc). The only flaw with this hotel is the breakfast which was basically a bowl of cereal, toast, or oatmeal. Definitely not a complaint, just something that could be improved.
1 night trip May 11, 2014
gdouble
"Good option for the price"
The hotel is older but, in good repair. The room was large and clean. It is located close to Yale( perfect for visiting your kids) and the price was great. The location is just off rt 91 on Foxon Street which is quite busy so there is some road noise. I asked for a room in the rear which was fairly quiet. The continental breakfast was minimal but, there are many local fast food places quite close, including a Dunkin Donuts right next door and a Walmart across the street.
1 night trip May 6, 2014
Nadia
"Inconsiderate staff, no breakfast, good location"
There's a reason this hotel is priced below other area options. Evening staff wasn't very helpful, morning staff was worse. Breakfast wasn't being managed and the staff member aware wasn't concerned. Find a hotel that cares about your business, this one will likely be closed soon.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Not like pictures"
An overall unpleasant experience. It was a party hotel and not a place to rest.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
guest
"Days Inn New Haven"
I was there for one night and the room was decent size and looked fairly clean. However, there was some settle dust around the room (on the TV, fridge, etc.), the air conditioner was held up by blue duct tape, and the tub had some stains/dirt on it. The blanket on my bed also had a hole in it. As a result I wasn't very pleased but the room was livable for one night.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"Ok for a short stay"
Nothing to write home about. We went to see a show and didn't want a long drive after so decided to stay over nite in the area. It was clean, people at front desk were fine, I thought the bed was comfy although my husband thought it did not have enough support . unfortunately, the walls were so thin we thought there was someone else in the room with us a couple times!
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Stayed one night."
I bopked on Expedia at 6pm, & arrived at 7pm. Loved the fast, easy checkin! Everything was nice & CLEAN! The only problem I had was the water not being hot enough during my bath. Since the water from the sink was nice and hot, I took the ice bucket & filled it up a few times to put in my bath! It worked! Bed was very comfortable, & I slept well. Didn t have time for breakfast the next day, but they had a nice spread, the orange juice was Delicious! I will be booking again in two weeks!
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Business travel
"Good For Price"
At $59 the room was a good value. The hotel is in need of an update but serves its purpose.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2014
very good!
3 night trip Feb 26, 2014
i picked the continental breakfast over a pool, and was very unsatisfied with it.. everything was unfresh... price of room great.. room also very clean..
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"IMPRESSED BY CLEANLINESS AND QUALITY OF ROOM"
NICE AND CLEAN....towels and bedding and furniture looked brand new
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
The breakfast could have been better. The lady was not responding well for the breakfast questions. The wi-Fi was slow and phone was not working which they are aware of. They did tell me about wi-Fi password while checking in and I could not use the phone. Real mess
1 night trip Feb 6, 2014
KP
"Items Stolen from Room"
I had no problems with the hotel room and would post a great review but when I got home, I was missing $140 in cash. I am a salesperson and stayed here on business for several days. I had $430 in cash in an envelope tucked inside a laptop bag which was inside a drawer of clothes. $140 of it is missing and I drove straight from this hotel to home so there was no other opportunity for someone else to steal it. I have traveled for over 10 years, often with small amounts of cash like this and have never lost a dollar. Someone obviously went through all my belongings to find this which is very distressing and I will now have to replace this money from my own pocket. I would never stay here again.
11 night business trip Jan 15, 2014
"affordable central hotel for smokers"
I enjoyed the convenient location and the large, affordable rooms. The parking space right in front of the hotel is quite convenient, but also a bit noisy. However, the smoke from the next door smoking rooms filled the corridor and my "non-smoking" room so that my freshly washed laundry smelled like cigarettes. Even though the front-desk staff was friendly, the hotel did not respond to my request for a quieter, smoke-free room. The breakfast was very simple.
5 night business trip Jan 21, 2014
Stan
"Visit to Yale university."
Stayed for one night while visiting Yale. Great for the price, the employees were helpful in changing my room when the heat was not working properly. Will stay here again.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2014
"Cheap, nice staff, smells like smoke"
The lobbies and hallways reeked of smoke, but my room smelled ok. The staff was very helpful and the price was right.
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
"Fine if you're not picky"
The hallway on the first floor smells terrible. That's because you have to walk past all the smoking rooms to get to the non-smoking rooms. But our non-smoking run itself did not smell like smoke. This is clearly not a high-class hotel, but it was comfortable enough to stay at for a couple of days while we had some business at Yale. Free breakfast was fine, and the wifi was very fast.
3 night business trip Jan 12, 2014
"convenient for overnight stay near college"
the room was clean and was convenient to where I went during my stay. checkin was quick and easy. bed was comfortable but the pillows weren't but I did need a certain pillow. check out was quick and easy as well.
1 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2014
"Hotel stinks"
The entire place and even non-smoking rooms smell like smoke. The smell is so pungent it is difficult to sleep through the night.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Angie
"Nice Hotel."
We slept in since it was New Year's Day the day we were leaving. I was disappointed that although we missed breakfast because it ended at 10a, there was no coffee available for the guests, not even in the room.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"Bed Bugs R Us"
Title says it all. Staff was unfriendly as well. Don't stay here.
3 night trip Dec 29, 2013
"chose this location for convenience for NYE"
we were able to check in early to get to a show in Hartford which was under 30 mins from the hotel location via I91, later, we asked for a cab to bring us to downtown New Haven we had to call ourselves, not knowing greater new haven area we thought the hotel front desk would recommend and/or offer to call for a cab but had the "cant help you attitude" when we got to the room 2 lighting fixtures were not working, there wasn't a remote for the very old television that was missing control buttons, the bathroom wasn't to expectations, tub was stained the toilet seat needed to be replaced and there were holes in the bed covers, the continental breakfast was ok, fresh bagels and muffins no fruit and cereal had to be eaten out of Styrofoam bowls ,coffee had a lot of grinds. We chose the location for convenience for our new years eve activities, but expected more, it was fine for one night but would not stay there more than that.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
pattie
"I lost money in their washer"
Lost money in their washer and they neither refunded it nor put up an out of order sign, let alone made an effort to fix the machine's money grabbing mechanism.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
Harry
"Below Average"
I wouldn't go next time
4 night business trip Dec 1, 2013
"Where To Start..."
1. Booked room well in advance. Requested a specific room, got stuck with room #116 (across from employee laundry room). Housekeeping yells from the laundry room, up/down the halls, all day with no regard of guests in the vicinity. I requested to be moved the next morning and was obliged. Upon being moved to my new room, I noticed I left my shower gel behind. I went to retrieve it and it was not where I left it. It was also not with my things when I re-packed to change rooms. The only other person, who was in the room and still present in the room was, housekeeping, who claimed not have it, hmmm? The new room #127, the A/C unit has been removed from the wall so much so that I could feel the cold air from outside. The microwave is missing a knob. The bathroom light turns on very dimly and buzzes loudly. After 5-7mins, it will come on to its normal brightness. The coffeemaker's lid comes completely off the unit. After being in room 116 and 127, I didn't want to say anything out of fear of being put into a worse room. This hotel needs some SERIOUS upgrading. Stay Thanksgiving week 2013.
6 night trip Nov 23, 2013
Very Tolerant
"Not far from Yale"
We were on a budget and paid less than sixty big ones for this room. It was one or two exits off of the Trumball/New Haven exit from I91. It was across from a Walmart. No charm but very close to I91 and about 10 minutes from Yale. Be sure to ask for an odd # room (on the back), very quiet in the back. Half of the 1st floor was smoking, but our room was fine. Two double beds worked for my husband and me. Bed was very very comfortable (not quite a Westin heavenly bed) but pillow was cheapest IKEA foam beads. Shower had great, really great, pressure and heat. Fan in bathroom was loud, so when I was reading in the bathroom while my husband was trying to sleep, this was a slight issue. Breakfast was coffee, OJ, Fruit Loops, Raisin Bran, bagels, english muffins, donuts. Real butter and cream cheese. Free. Didn't try to use TV but wifi was free and fine. No complaints. We almost always stay at Starwood properties, but it was Harvard/Yale weekend and there were no options. If my daughter gets into Yale (keep your fingers crossed) and we are feeling poor ($58k per year tuition), we will come back to this place.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2013
Yale hopeful mother
"Inexpensive, great bed!"
Clean room, about 7 minutes from Yale, and right beside a Walmart and a Dunkin Donuts (with a drive-thru). Convenient stop over during a road trip.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
M
"Very very pleasure"
Good place, very good service
1 night romance trip Nov 10, 2013
Hector
"Good Enough"
I chose Days Inn New Haven for Price and Location, and it fit the bill. The building is newly refurbished, the room clean, and the beds comfortable. The staff needs to work on its personability skills. Coffee and Juice ran out at the breakfast bar and were not replenished.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2013
Ken
"Lovely Hotel"
I was shocked when I got to this hotel.. I had read so many bad reviews. The hotel was clean. My room was spotless and very comfortable. The staff were all very nice especially the clerk Trinidad. The breakfast was good. Fresh bagels and good tasting coffee and orange juice. I am glad I decided to stay there and I will definitely stay there again. The room had a microwave, refrigerator and a coffee maker. For the price I paid it was well worth it.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
Dianne
Toilet tank has no water and no maintenance man on duty.
1 night business trip Oct 25, 2013
Sola
"Nice clean lodging choice."
No problems. Even though we arrived in the middle of the night, staff was there and got us settled quickly.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
"Decent"
The hotel staff were friendly, check in was quick and easy and the room was appealing. I know there are only two floors but I was disappointed that there was no elevator. The stairwell lead to the back parking lot of the hotel and the neighborhood isn't the safest. The next morning even though check out was at 11am, housekeeping was knocking on doors at 9am. I did not appreciate that as I was still in bed. While I was packing a male with a hood over his head knocked on my door, which traveling as a single female wouldn't have been a good idea. But all I could think about was what it there were men on each stairwell with no alternative route to exit the building. I consider myself pretty hood since I grew up in that neighborhood. But for this to scare me meant it was BAD!!!! Not worth the money, pay more and feel secure.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Wendy
"Choose wisely"
The good: The free breakfast was good and a nice add-on to the value of the hotel. The location is just a few miles away from downtown and the surrounding neighborhood has enough restaurants and shops. The bed was very comfortable. The bad: Customer service was so-so and the towels weren't cleaned properly.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2013
This Days Inn was a typical truck stop motel. Nothing fancy, but served its purpose of a quick overnight in New Haven. The person at the front desk in the evening was much more helpful than the one on the morning shift. She was extremely disagreeable. I wish that breakfast started early, we had a 6am checkout and would have been nice to get some of the continental breakfast included in the prince.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2013
"not a good stay for us"
The front desk lady was very rude, our room was absolutely unacceptable. We tried to talk to her but she did not even care. We did take pictures of the room condition as proof how bad it was. We are not sure what happened after reading all the other reviews but we will not book this hotel ever again.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2013
M.Mills
"Don't bother!"
My stay was terrible from the very beginning! I was greeted by a very rude women at the front desk. She insisted that I booked a smoking room and was not willing to talk with me about my reservation. I later checked my confirmation on my phone once I was in my smoking room and I indeed booked a non-smoking room. At that point I didn't feel like I could confront the woman at the front desk as she was so disrespectful. At 1:00 AM I was woken by the adjoining room partying until 4:30 AM. Needless to say, my stay in the smoking room with noise all night was not the accommodations I wanted or ever want to repeat again!!!!!
1 night trip Oct 10, 2013
NoMoreDaysInn
Our stay was just fine. They worked at keeping the room clean, and it was a nice size. There was definitely a smoky smell in the hallway, which was unpleasant. but the room itself did not smell badly.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"If Smoking is your thing stay here it reeked of it"
Unfortunately I got a smoking room which is never acceptable. The room smelled terrible and so did the hallways. Staff was nice though. This hotel is in need of a lot of care to bring it up to Days Inn quality.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Great staff"
The staff was very nice, the room was comfortable. An affordable stop near New Haven. Very easy access to the city.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Awful"
Room smelled awful. Urine stain was visible in corner
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
a little on the noisy side... no way to get fresh air in room... no restaurants except fast food within walking distance, but personnel very, very nice.and very good price.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2013
"Everything fine."
No elevator up to 2nd floor, had to ask the front desk woman to help me with my luggage.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
"Disgusting"
Urine stain on carpet in room. Nuff said...
2 night business trip Sep 20, 2013
"If you need a clean bed to sleep in"
This hotel was alright. The bed as clean but the room wasn't comfortable to be in for a bit of relaxation time. The whole hotel was covered in security cameras which gives you a sense of danger... the staff greeted me while talking on their cell phones and solicited my room with phone calls regarding false accusations. Just an unprofessional staff, indeed.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013