All hotels in New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
270 Foxon Blvd, New Haven, CT, 06513, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.9
"Bad customer service"
We ask for the coffee in the morning and the staff at the front desk was awful and not helpful and they have attitude
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"good"
better than some of the others I had to deal wit
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2014
"quiet and clean"
when first arrived, there was some minor work going on- installing new carpet in the hallways- but did not last very long they rather quick getting the installation done. some landscaping was getting worked on as well but they were making quick work of that. they started that project (landscaping) mid- week and almost finished by the time I left (my stay was from July 15- July 23). the room was clean when i first got there, the staff were friendly and helpful even giving me directions for certain places to visit and giving some recommendations of certain museums to visit. my stay at Days Inn- New Haven was pleasant. if i should make a trip to New Haven again would want to try and book my stay at this hotel again. weather was great my whole time there. very low humidity and not oppressive like that of Florida' s weather.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
kevin
It was not bad. There was remodeling being done and no batteries in the fire alarms. Other than that ok
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Easy on/off Interstate 91"
Hotel was undergoing renovation so I encountered things in the hallway during the morning but by evening everything was back in the rooms and the hallway clear. Great room value for the $. contenental breakfast was lacking..not much to choose from. Friendly front desk management.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Jim W.
The remote didnt really work, you had to hit it to work. The room smelt a little funny. In the morning time we were rudely awakened by banging in the room next to us they were cleaning or doing some maintenance work that was annoying and obnoxious to wake up to .
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
jess
Although administration is remodeling hotel, smells such as cigarette smoke was present in the non-smoking room. No elevator, therefore; carrying heavy luggage to the second floor is not the best idea. Very noisy location with heavy traffic late at night. Nothing personal; just providing my honest opinion.
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
Ms.V.
"10 minute nightmare"
Upon checking in I went to check the 2 rooms I reserved to find they both had evidence of bed big droppings on all 4 beds. I told management who just said no we don't and if you want a refund you will need to go through the co you paid. When I contacted hotels. Com the manager changed the story to he wasn't given opportunity to provide other rooms or to inspect the rooms with me present so he was denying refund. Neither of these things did he offer. So unless you want to bring home bugs spend thousands and years to get rid of them choose somewhere else!!!
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Roxane
"My(partial) dissatisfied stay"
The carpet was discolored I was put in a smoke smelling room (non smoker) Tub and bedspread had cigarette burns the refrigerator mad noise and the microwave didn't have the spinning glass plate in it. .had to stay in room because of disability couldn't do steps also was told that the room was reserved and could not change. ...I wouldn't have stayed if I had the choice but it was non refundable. ....:-( bed was comfortable though. ....
"good price and close to Yale University"
This no frills Days Inn is an excellent value for the price. We stayed here for two reasons, one to be near Yale University for my husband's 45th reunion, and two, for the exceptional online price. The location is easily accessible from the highway and is only a few miles from the university. We found this no frills hotel to be very clean and quiet. We were able to park by a side entrance and carry our luggage up to 2nd floor. Breakfast was the usual coffee and carbs! The only interaction I had with staff was to check in and check out. If needed, the neighborhood is in an area with fast food, restaurants, and shopping. We we did not have any concerns about the safety of the neighborhood. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Yale. When I read some of the other reviews I wonder if we all stayed at the same hotel. I am very picky about cleanliness and this was perfect.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
Satisfied Consumer
"go elsewhere"
The town of New Haven looks as run down as this hotel. I do not advise staying there. We were there on a Yale college visit, and other than the beauty at Yale, there was nothing to see! The room was non smoking but the hallway reeked of smoke, the ceiling had mold by the shower, and the bed linens looked twenty years old. I did look for bed bugs, there were none, thank goodness. The free breakfast was cereal and stale donuts. Go elsewhere if you can.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Victoria
"Nasty room."
The room was gross. Burn marks all over the comforter on the bed, and the bathroom was old and run down.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
P
"Okay just to crash for the night"
The housekeeper didn't want to clean the room because she had came earlier in the morning and heard no answer. Uh duh it's called sleeping. Any other hotel I've ever stayed at they don't come around to clean until about 12pm-1pm. When she came around it was about 1215 and i was told that she wasn't going to clean after 1 o'clock because she already came twice before
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Good for the price!"
I stayed two nights at this hotel. I was in town for medical appointments and really wanted a budget friendly hotel. This basic hotel was good for the price it didn't have any frills but I wasn't needing them. The room was clean and comfortable and that was my main concern. There are two floors at this hotel and I don't believe there was an elevator, no pool and a very small continental breakfast. As far as the surrounding area, there is a Wal-Mart across the street and a Dunkin Donuts next door. I didn't get the feeling that the area is very good and I would not recommend walking anywhere after dark. All in all if you are looking for a place to sleep for a great price this could be your place.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Sue
"CENTRIC AND AC CESIBLE"
iT WAS PLEASANT AND QUIET.
8 night trip Jun 18, 2014
BLANCA
"Noisy and forget about breakfast"
The hotel is right off a very busy street, so even with the windows closed, you can still hear the traffic zoomed by all night long. The free breakfast is a joke, the oatmeal was sitting in a pot of lukewarm water, and there was no regular coffee, just decaf and hot water, juice machine is half broken, only apple juice available. So we didn't even bother to have breakfast there and went across the street to MacDonald's. The room is decent and looks like recently renovated.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
"Needs major improvement"
This hotel was very rundown. Had to change rooms twice during a 2-night stay - once for a toilet that wouldn't flush, once for water from the upstairs bathroom leaking down into our bathroom. The desk agent's response after the second change was that the hotel was "under renovation." I saw no areas where renovation was being done but everywhere I looked, I could see where it was drastically needed. The linens had burn holes in them as well as stains. One desk agent would not allow us to get extra towels for the three people in my room, although I registered at the hotel for 3 people. Also, didn't have common hotel courtesy items such as shower caps and extra little squares of soap. Very bad experience for my family.
2 night trip Jun 1, 2014
"Horrible service, bad location"
Would not recommend this hotel to anyone - we could not get extra pillows, the phone in the room didn't work, we were promised that they would knock on the door instead of a call as the phone was not working - they never knocked - the desk clerk was surly and not helpful - we couldn't get any extra towels either - the breakfast consisted of congealed oatmeal, bread which could be toasted, jam that was so old and hard that you could not get it out of the container, horrible coffee and "hot water" that was only lukewarm at night the management did nothing to monitor the halls so people sat out in the halls making lots of noise, chatter, etc late into the morning (the hotel is small only two floors - no elevator by the way) also the surrounding neighborhood is not the best our first night there was an extremely loud rap party that went on for hours and when informed the hotel management said there was nothing they could do oh and by the way the sheets smelled like chlorox All in all go anywhere else than here
4 night family trip Apr 25, 2014
JR
"Good value if you need to save money"
I mistakenly signed up for a smoking room. The hotel would not change it. The room was not saturated with smoke smells, so I stayed after my very late night check in. The room was not clean but not dirty. Just starting to have the built in mold in the shower caulk, and there was some dirt on the tile floor my bare feet found. There were quite a few cigarette burns in the blankets and on the tub. But, that said I have been in many worse rooms than this. Hotels.com appeared to make an offer to change the room when I could not get a non smoking room, but I was too tired to take them up on that after I got to the room.
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Chuck
"Hotel Management and owner are dishonest."
Was overcharged for supposed damage to room. Was originally told that bed was damaged. Actually they used 2 twin box springs under a twin mattress and one of box springs was not seated properly in bed frame. Condescending attitude of night staff. Owner of venue said he would provide documentation of cleaning expense...no documentation was ever provided. I had spent over $1500 on an extended stay at this location.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Retired Profess
"my stay"
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was quiet and peaceful. I appreciated the assistance of the front desk clerk. He was very informative and nice.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
samantha
"Stay Over"
Got to the hotel very late, around midnight. No problems at the front desk or with getting to or in our room. Room was in great condition, everything worked great (shower, toilet, AC, etc). The only flaw with this hotel is the breakfast which was basically a bowl of cereal, toast, or oatmeal. Definitely not a complaint, just something that could be improved.
1 night trip May 11, 2014
gdouble
"Good option for the price"
The hotel is older but, in good repair. The room was large and clean. It is located close to Yale( perfect for visiting your kids) and the price was great. The location is just off rt 91 on Foxon Street which is quite busy so there is some road noise. I asked for a room in the rear which was fairly quiet. The continental breakfast was minimal but, there are many local fast food places quite close, including a Dunkin Donuts right next door and a Walmart across the street.
1 night trip May 6, 2014
Nadia
"Inconsiderate staff, no breakfast, good location"
There's a reason this hotel is priced below other area options. Evening staff wasn't very helpful, morning staff was worse. Breakfast wasn't being managed and the staff member aware wasn't concerned. Find a hotel that cares about your business, this one will likely be closed soon.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Not like pictures"
An overall unpleasant experience. It was a party hotel and not a place to rest.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
guest
"Days Inn New Haven"
I was there for one night and the room was decent size and looked fairly clean. However, there was some settle dust around the room (on the TV, fridge, etc.), the air conditioner was held up by blue duct tape, and the tub had some stains/dirt on it. The blanket on my bed also had a hole in it. As a result I wasn't very pleased but the room was livable for one night.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"Ok for a short stay"
Nothing to write home about. We went to see a show and didn't want a long drive after so decided to stay over nite in the area. It was clean, people at front desk were fine, I thought the bed was comfy although my husband thought it did not have enough support . unfortunately, the walls were so thin we thought there was someone else in the room with us a couple times!
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Stayed one night."
I bopked on Expedia at 6pm, & arrived at 7pm. Loved the fast, easy checkin! Everything was nice & CLEAN! The only problem I had was the water not being hot enough during my bath. Since the water from the sink was nice and hot, I took the ice bucket & filled it up a few times to put in my bath! It worked! Bed was very comfortable, & I slept well. Didn t have time for breakfast the next day, but they had a nice spread, the orange juice was Delicious! I will be booking again in two weeks!
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Business travel
"Good For Price"
At $59 the room was a good value. The hotel is in need of an update but serves its purpose.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2014
very good!
3 night trip Feb 26, 2014
i picked the continental breakfast over a pool, and was very unsatisfied with it.. everything was unfresh... price of room great.. room also very clean..
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"IMPRESSED BY CLEANLINESS AND QUALITY OF ROOM"
NICE AND CLEAN....towels and bedding and furniture looked brand new
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
The breakfast could have been better. The lady was not responding well for the breakfast questions. The wi-Fi was slow and phone was not working which they are aware of. They did tell me about wi-Fi password while checking in and I could not use the phone. Real mess
1 night trip Feb 6, 2014
KP
"Items Stolen from Room"
I had no problems with the hotel room and would post a great review but when I got home, I was missing $140 in cash. I am a salesperson and stayed here on business for several days. I had $430 in cash in an envelope tucked inside a laptop bag which was inside a drawer of clothes. $140 of it is missing and I drove straight from this hotel to home so there was no other opportunity for someone else to steal it. I have traveled for over 10 years, often with small amounts of cash like this and have never lost a dollar. Someone obviously went through all my belongings to find this which is very distressing and I will now have to replace this money from my own pocket. I would never stay here again.
11 night business trip Jan 15, 2014
"affordable central hotel for smokers"
I enjoyed the convenient location and the large, affordable rooms. The parking space right in front of the hotel is quite convenient, but also a bit noisy. However, the smoke from the next door smoking rooms filled the corridor and my "non-smoking" room so that my freshly washed laundry smelled like cigarettes. Even though the front-desk staff was friendly, the hotel did not respond to my request for a quieter, smoke-free room. The breakfast was very simple.
5 night business trip Jan 21, 2014
Stan
"Visit to Yale university."
Stayed for one night while visiting Yale. Great for the price, the employees were helpful in changing my room when the heat was not working properly. Will stay here again.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2014
"Cheap, nice staff, smells like smoke"
The lobbies and hallways reeked of smoke, but my room smelled ok. The staff was very helpful and the price was right.
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
"Fine if you're not picky"
The hallway on the first floor smells terrible. That's because you have to walk past all the smoking rooms to get to the non-smoking rooms. But our non-smoking run itself did not smell like smoke. This is clearly not a high-class hotel, but it was comfortable enough to stay at for a couple of days while we had some business at Yale. Free breakfast was fine, and the wifi was very fast.
3 night business trip Jan 12, 2014
"convenient for overnight stay near college"
the room was clean and was convenient to where I went during my stay. checkin was quick and easy. bed was comfortable but the pillows weren't but I did need a certain pillow. check out was quick and easy as well.
1 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2014
"Hotel stinks"
The entire place and even non-smoking rooms smell like smoke. The smell is so pungent it is difficult to sleep through the night.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Angie
"Nice Hotel."
We slept in since it was New Year's Day the day we were leaving. I was disappointed that although we missed breakfast because it ended at 10a, there was no coffee available for the guests, not even in the room.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"Bed Bugs R Us"
Title says it all. Staff was unfriendly as well. Don't stay here.
3 night trip Dec 29, 2013
"chose this location for convenience for NYE"
we were able to check in early to get to a show in Hartford which was under 30 mins from the hotel location via I91, later, we asked for a cab to bring us to downtown New Haven we had to call ourselves, not knowing greater new haven area we thought the hotel front desk would recommend and/or offer to call for a cab but had the "cant help you attitude" when we got to the room 2 lighting fixtures were not working, there wasn't a remote for the very old television that was missing control buttons, the bathroom wasn't to expectations, tub was stained the toilet seat needed to be replaced and there were holes in the bed covers, the continental breakfast was ok, fresh bagels and muffins no fruit and cereal had to be eaten out of Styrofoam bowls ,coffee had a lot of grinds. We chose the location for convenience for our new years eve activities, but expected more, it was fine for one night but would not stay there more than that.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
pattie
"I lost money in their washer"
Lost money in their washer and they neither refunded it nor put up an out of order sign, let alone made an effort to fix the machine's money grabbing mechanism.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
Harry
"Below Average"
I wouldn't go next time
4 night business trip Dec 1, 2013
"Where To Start..."
1. Booked room well in advance. Requested a specific room, got stuck with room #116 (across from employee laundry room). Housekeeping yells from the laundry room, up/down the halls, all day with no regard of guests in the vicinity. I requested to be moved the next morning and was obliged. Upon being moved to my new room, I noticed I left my shower gel behind. I went to retrieve it and it was not where I left it. It was also not with my things when I re-packed to change rooms. The only other person, who was in the room and still present in the room was, housekeeping, who claimed not have it, hmmm? The new room #127, the A/C unit has been removed from the wall so much so that I could feel the cold air from outside. The microwave is missing a knob. The bathroom light turns on very dimly and buzzes loudly. After 5-7mins, it will come on to its normal brightness. The coffeemaker's lid comes completely off the unit. After being in room 116 and 127, I didn't want to say anything out of fear of being put into a worse room. This hotel needs some SERIOUS upgrading. Stay Thanksgiving week 2013.
6 night trip Nov 23, 2013
Very Tolerant
"Not far from Yale"
We were on a budget and paid less than sixty big ones for this room. It was one or two exits off of the Trumball/New Haven exit from I91. It was across from a Walmart. No charm but very close to I91 and about 10 minutes from Yale. Be sure to ask for an odd # room (on the back), very quiet in the back. Half of the 1st floor was smoking, but our room was fine. Two double beds worked for my husband and me. Bed was very very comfortable (not quite a Westin heavenly bed) but pillow was cheapest IKEA foam beads. Shower had great, really great, pressure and heat. Fan in bathroom was loud, so when I was reading in the bathroom while my husband was trying to sleep, this was a slight issue. Breakfast was coffee, OJ, Fruit Loops, Raisin Bran, bagels, english muffins, donuts. Real butter and cream cheese. Free. Didn't try to use TV but wifi was free and fine. No complaints. We almost always stay at Starwood properties, but it was Harvard/Yale weekend and there were no options. If my daughter gets into Yale (keep your fingers crossed) and we are feeling poor ($58k per year tuition), we will come back to this place.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2013
Yale hopeful mother
"Inexpensive, great bed!"
Clean room, about 7 minutes from Yale, and right beside a Walmart and a Dunkin Donuts (with a drive-thru). Convenient stop over during a road trip.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
M
"Very very pleasure"
Good place, very good service
1 night romance trip Nov 10, 2013
Hector
"Good Enough"
I chose Days Inn New Haven for Price and Location, and it fit the bill. The building is newly refurbished, the room clean, and the beds comfortable. The staff needs to work on its personability skills. Coffee and Juice ran out at the breakfast bar and were not replenished.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2013