All hotels in Independence, Missouri, United States of America
19677 E Jackson Dr, Independence, MO, 64057, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9477

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad amenities
    Bad pool
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
Tooooooooooo close to interstate.. That's all I heard was cars drivin and horns
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2015
"Give it a try in future !!!"
Friendly staff, plenty of close food options. Very close to expressway, perhaps to close ?! Doing work currently and hot tub was out of service. Despite a bit of unfortunate timing I would stay here again. Thanks.
6 night business trip Nov 1, 2015
Greg
"Business Stay"
Stayed for business. Check in was quick, staff was helpful and breakfast was great. Wonderful hotel.
1 night business trip Oct 25, 2015
"Not returning"
The sheets were not clean, the room smelled terrible and had a ton of air freshener sprayed in it. I even asked the front desk if we were put in a smoking room and we were on a non smoking floor. We would have asked to change but the hallway smelled as bad, so we knew it wouldn't matter. It gave us all headaches and my small children woke up coughing. The hotel is under renovation. This is my second unpleasant stay, I don't think I will make a third.
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
Bed was very uncomfortable
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"Independent times in Independence, MO"
It was fine. People nice and a great restaurant adjacent to the property--Hereford House. Try the beef carpaccio! Don't miss the Harry S. Truman Libary/Museum and the Truman Home. Enlightening.
4 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
ROXANNE
"Less than happy"
Disappointed by the smell of pot in the room next door to where my family stayed. The other neighbors were loud and arguing in the room and in the hallway took numerous complaints to fix.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
this hotel was exactly where we needed it to be so we could attend events close by
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Carla
"Nice hotel but guests smoke in non-smoke rooms"
When we got of the elevator on 2nd floor it reeked of cigarette smoke. When we entered room 205 and it smelled badly of cigarette smoke so I called front desk and told her I'd booked a non-smoking room. She said she'd call me back. But we didn't want to stand there, our luggage in hand and wait so we trekked back downstairs to the desk. I had to show the staff person my phone confirmation text that we had a non-smoking room booked. She apologized and said it is a non-smoking room. She said they were fully booked other than one room (220). It turned out to be a wheelchair accessible room. There was mold on the grout in shower and the seat inside of the shower was pulling out from the wall. I mentioned this at check out because I'd hate for a handicapped person to sit there and the whole thing collapse with them on it The hotel otherwise was nice. I blame the housekeeping staff. They should report issues like guest smoking in non-smoking room and shower chair broken. When someone smokes in rom they should have carpeting, upholstery, drapes, everything steam cleaned so when someone has sensitivity like my husband, they are not affected.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Amira
"We would do it again!"
My wife, two children and I decided we needed to get away because I have been working a lot of hours. We are home bodies and in the 7 years that my wife and I have been together we have stayed in a hotel twice. So needless to say that when we do something like this it is a big event for our family. The trip was only about an hour and a half away, we were going to use our Build-a-Bear workshop gift cards from Christmas at the mall. While my wife drove, I did some shopping around for a room , one with a pool for my kids and came across The Hilton Garden Inn. A little above what I was budgeting but its "The Hilton" And brownie points with the misses can never hurt. For he money, this hotel was a very good deal. We had a good experience. Everything was clean and the rooms were well decorated and pleasant, with a good view. On the down side was that the one elevator was kind of hot and always busy. The snacks and food were pricey and the ice machine was broke.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Matthew
"Indepencence Hilton Garden Inn"
Love staying here, staff is great, location is wonderful.
3 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
melissa
"Indifferent staff-booking snafu"
I never expected this from a Hilton. I had booked two adjoining rooms for a family re-union-baseball game get together. My husband and I drove 200 mi, my brother and his family drove from Chicago. My brother beat me to the hotel by 30 mins. He checked in ok, and the adjoining room I had reserved was empty at that time. When I checked in 30 mins later, first I was given the wrong key. Then I was told that they had given the room to someone else-and they expected my brother's family to move! They moved all of us to a different floor, rooms far apart (rm 315 and 324--Hardly adjoining!) The desk clerk promised the manager would contact me-IT NEVER HAPPENED. The rooms were both booked by me with the expectation that with adjoining rooms the eight of us (all older adults) would be able to comfortably visit. In short, I was extremely disappointed. The desk clerk acted as if she could care less, and despite the promise that the manager would be in touch I never heard from him/her. We had two double beds in each room, 4 adults per room. Funny, there were only 3 towels in each. Sure am glad it was family. I could go on-the hallways and elevators were hot, the elevators were slow, and the staff was indifferent. In short--I should have booked elsewhere. I would trade a spa and exercise room for a friendly, courteous staff anytime. I have had far better service from a Motel 8 or Hyatt many times. Cleanliness was ok.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Jolene
"Not wort the price."
Room was filthy, so they switched me to a slightly less filthy room. Smelled like cigarettes and lots of loud people at all hours slamming doors.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2015
BLACK MOLD BEDS ARE VERY SMALL, STAFF NOT HELPFUL AND COULD CARE LESS. MANAGER WAS ONLY ONE THAT TOOK NOTICE, MAINTENANCE STAFF VERY NICE
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Do not recommend"
Smelled like sewage on our floor, could not get housekeeping to clean our room for two days at a time, ran out of towels. Plastic utensils and plates at breakfast. Not what we paid for.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Very accommodating. Construction is obviously temporary but I was not bothered. Room was spacious, clean, and the staff was very friendly.
2 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
Tony
"Terrible beds!"
The neighborhood was great with many restaurants to choose from. Easy access to interstate. That was about all we liked about our stay. The hotel was going through remodeling but by the looks of it, our room/floor was completed. The beds were terribly uncomfortable and small. Why is it hard to find Queen size beds? We just about left the hotel after the first night (we stayed 3 nights total). Didn't sleep well at all. Cracks on the bathroom floor and at 4:30pm the first day, we had to call for maid service to clean up our room, make our beds and give us new towels, etc...For a Hilton, we were terribly disappointed and may be our last Hilton stay.
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Hotel is located in a nice area, plenty of restaurants and shopping. Clean hotel & very pleasant staff
jess
"Nice Hotel...good location"
Had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Inn. Came with family to take in KC. Was pleased with the location and the breakfast was especially enjoyable...staff was excellent.
R
"Not a great experience"
My husband and I travel on the road a lot and usually get in late at night. I wasn't able to book some hotels I had looked at previously because they were sold out. I expected this hotel to be fairly nice, but as soon as we walked in the door there was a large group of guys talking loudly and eating in the lobby at midnight. As we walked to our room we could hear loud talking and commotion and it was coming from the room directly across the hall. Our room also smelled like a wet cat and the floor was damp. Up until we went to bed there was yelling and loud noises right outside the door. Luckily we bring a sound machine wherever we go, otherwise it would've been terrible. The next morning, same thing. Loud and obnoxious people and kids. It wasn't until we went out to the lobby that we realized there were huge groups for some youth baseball tournament or game. There was no silverware left for breakfast and we had to ask them to wash some for use. Overall, this was not a good experience from an ambiance, environment, nor room perspective.
JB
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
"Disappointing Stay - Room Needs Renovation ."
Sorry to report our room experience was disappointing ... after a 500 mi drive looked forward to a nice stay at this Hilton Garden Inn (we have had good experience w/ this brand in the past... this particular hotel had good reviews). However, the wall temp control didn't work so we used the manual control unit by the window (noisy while trying to sleep), the WIFI was difficult to access on iPad and Laptop - finally with the help of the nice front desk person got access, ice machine on our floor didn't work, wall paper peeling, hair in the sink, bath mat had what looked like a coffee stain. Net-net ... disappointed in this $100+ w-o tax room. Advised the manager at checkout of my disappointments - he informed me my room was due for a restoration (I didn't share it verbally ... however, my reaction was UGH!) Sorry, I do not have a better review to report... we will not be back and cannot recommend. (FYI: We travel a lot -- I am a Gold + Expedia member). FYI: No comp breakfast ... optional buffet for $8.99 per person.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
JJ
"Nice but would not be my first choice next time."
Hotel was HOT in halkway on the room floors. Foul odor here and there throughout hotel, particularly the rooms, like old stinky carpet ir something. Ice Machine was broken on 2 different floors. One elevator which was slow. Only has ONE pool which is indoor and small. Price of room should have included complimentary breakfast. This hotel was choosen by another family member. I wooukd not choose it again for myself. I did LIKE the Kurig in each room with complimentary coffee & tea. I enjoyed the COMPLIMENTARY bottled water in my room. Also enjoyed the Good quality amenities body lotion & shampoo.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Luvell
"Poor Plumbing!"
Plumbing backed up - bathroom & suite near overflow - smell horrible - expected more from Hilton!
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Francis
"Nice stay but breakfast not included"
Comfortable stay. I think breakfast should be included but it is not.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Tina
We were disappointed when we arrived we had reserved a non smoking king sized bed. The hotel clerk gave us a SMOKING room with a king bed. It smelled horrible, like an ashtray. She did move us to a non smoking room but she stated she could not give us a king size bed. When you are paying 200.00 dollars a night and made a reservation over a month ago, we were disappointed that our requests were not kept. Also the hotel lobby was dirty and the trash can right outside the front door was overflowing with trash an bugs were flying around it.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Jerry
"Close to Stadium"
In KC from MN to watch the Twins. Hotel is short drive to stadium. Hotel is showing its age but is under renovation. All in all a good experience except that AC unit sounded like a semi truck and housekeeping missed our room one day. Nice breakfast buffet for $9. We'd stay again.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
TripleG
"Go Royals"
Great location, shower had no water pressure was the only issue
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
Tommy
"It was nice."
The only complaint that I would have is that we had requested a smoke free room thought expedia. After we checked in and got to out room after 10..it definitely was not smoke free. Even the towels reeked of smoke. I would definitely make certain that if you book a smoke free room, that you double check when you check in. Everything else was great!!! Especially the staff!
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Damp room"
Room was overly humid. Everything felt damp. Smell of fresh cleaned carpet, I'm guessing the problem. Made for rough night sleep. Arrived at 11:00pm so no time to go to front desk. Informed front desk on leaving, they nicely apologized.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Great end to a good week"
Spouse was in training in Kansas City during the week at the Marriott downtown. We stayed an extra day to take in the Presidential Library and WWI exhibit (and any others if possible). Relative to the Marriott the Hilton was head and shoulders above; my wife could not help a constant string of complements regarding how much she liked the Hilton. {And the library was worth the stay and change of hotel.)
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Terrence
"Worst Hotel Ever"
I travel often, and this was BY FAR the worst hotel I've ever stayed in
1 night trip Apr 10, 2015
"Close to Royals game"
Great hotel to stay in and great location. Close to shopping and places to eat, very handy to get to and from royals stadium. Size of room was perfect for my wife and 8 month old.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Jared
"2 Rooms - 8 Days - Great Location!"
Overall it was fine; however, we had to come back twice to finally check in. We had reserved 2 rooms for 8 days weeks in advance and still we waited until almost seven PM to get our rooms (left and came back twice)....and then received a handicap room. Again waited 2 days to get a clock and new light bulb in the room, were never give more than 3 washcloths when I was paying for 4 adults in each room, had a broken towel rack for half the stay, and found bobby pins on the floor 3 separate days.
8 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
"Will not go back"
The bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable. The air conditioning rattled all night keeping us awake. The temp of the room would change to 80 without us doing anything. I think we would have better going to a less expensive and well known hotel.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
jennifer
"Weekend in KC"
Just spending the weekend in Kansas City. Independence has several small museums so be sure to checkout down town Independence. You will be glad you did.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"Good for the money"
Would have been nice to know ahead of time that the Hot tub was out of order...
2 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
"valentines day"
Great service an acomadations, received a voucher for restaurant which is connected to hotel
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"Queen Beds"
Needed two queen beds not full. But otherwise the stay was great.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Bonnie
"Hilton Garden Inn"
Friendly staff greeted us and our room was clean and comfortable. There was a Keurig coffee brewer with Kcups of coffee, decaf and tea. The AC/heater was in the outside wall and rather noisy, but it kept the room at the right temp. The toiletries were Neutrogena brand. We had the breakfast buffet with cooked to order eggs and omlettes but there was and $8.99 charge per person. It would have been nice if it was included in the price of the room. There were plenty of restaurants and shopping with a major mall nearby, so there was lots to do. Overall I would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Easy access to shopping and main Trafficways. Courteous and helpful staff. Very quiet.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Good value and nice stay"
Nice rooms for the price, and central location. Breakfast available for extra cost.
5 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
"Cold Room"
My room had no heat. I was given a different room for the second night, and a free breakfast (which wasn't even worth that), but was not reimbursed for the room. I was told that the manager would call me on Monday, but she never did. This place has definitely gone downhill. Time to find another hotel.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Good Location"
Stay here when in Independence nice Hotel is clean, beds are comfortable water pressure in shower is weak other than that all good. Price is reasonable.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Golfer
"Family trip"
The kids & I stayed two nights. The hotel was very quiet. The staff was super friendly. We enjoyed the pool & hot tub. We've stayed here before & we'll stay here again.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Charge for Breakfast"
Can't believe that they charged us a dollar per item at the breakfast buffet. Buffet wasn't anything more than what you would get at the Super 8.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Clean, quiet, Nice hotel but mattresses were very hard!
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Alone time"
I was returning home from being out of town on business for a month. Wife did not want me coming home and being swarmed by other family members. It was a great opportunity to spend time alone with the wife.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"In town for the Chiefs game"
Hotel was nice as well as staff. Room was very large and bed was extremely comfortable.
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
"Excellent hotel in very nice area."
Particularly friendly staff and very nice comfortable room. Storm loosened a screen and it was fixed right away. Adjoining restaurant was great. Nice location. Liked it so much I stayed an extra day. As an allergy sufferer, I appreciate the no-pets policy and look for it in booking rooms.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2014