All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1200 Munras Ave, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Just fine"
Just fine. Thoroughly competent. Personnel nice.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2014
"Location location location"
I flew into town and checked in that evening.. Everything was ready upon my arrival. I was provided a parking for my room and accommodations were nice. Location was convenient to everything. I would definitely stay again and again. Good value for my money..I left my entrance card in the room not one but twice we all had a good laugh..
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Carla
"Family vacation"
Pros: Room was clean and in good repair. Friendly staff. Water flow in shower good. Good location, near local mall with theater and near the ocean. Quiet location. Cons: Room was small. We are a family of 4 and the 2 Queen (actually Double)beds took up most of the room. Very difficult to walk around the beds to get to the vanity or the dresser. The beds were uncomfortable. The floors are tile, no carpet. It rained and despite having a doormat, water was tracked in the room. Water flow from vanity sink was very low.
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
tana
"horrible service"
Owner was rude. My boyfriend and I fell in their bathtub and they refused to give us extra towels until I explained to them we fell and then they gave it to us so we could use as a bath mat. Tv didnt work properly and fridge didnt work. Will never go back because of how terrible we were treated.
3 night romance trip Nov 18, 2014
"Just what we needed"
This hotel was not far off from Cannery Row, clean room, wooden floors got my preference, it wasn't anything extravagant but for the price what do you expect. It was a perfect hotel for a one night stay, I would definitely come back!
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Luis
"a quick visit"
We spent One night in the Monterey area visiting friends from grad school.
1 night trip with friends Nov 24, 2014
michael
"comfortable and affordable"
Room was ready early able to relax before heading out the door. Clean small rooms great for the price!!
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
Julia
Great stay..... great price..... wonderful experience!
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Affordable & very pleasant!"
Loved it. Loved the price!
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
Orlando
"A Windowless Motel Room???"
I was very surprised and unhappy to learn that our motel room had NO WINDOW (one of the "corner rooms" at the Monterey Surf Inn). NO WINDOW. This space was not suitable for a motel room and I am surprised that Monterey code even allows for that. We were very pleased with the price, but now I see why. The motel was full of drunk, college-age people. Our room was non-smoking, but smelled of smoke. There was a big ashtray FULL of cigarette butts right outside our front door. I asked management for a different room. They were indifferent, and told me that they were 100% booked and there were no other rooms available. Management offered me a discount (which I declined because I did not want to validate the situation and their inability to fix it), but they could not do anything about my windowless room or the smell of smoke. They told me they would fine the smokers, but I saw no indication that this happened. We also found leftover clothing in the bathroom from the prior guests, which left us doubting the cleanliness of the room.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Perfect for what I needed. Right across the street from a great mall with everything. Great location
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"HORRIBLE ACCOMODATIONS"
Terrible...shower ceiling was peeling, mold in bathroom, wall above bed had WASH ME written in the dust on the wall, floor was dirty. When i complained to manager he just shrugged his shoulders. I was charged $20 on my credit card when i arrived and it was only supposed to be verified but i was charged so the room cost $155 to Hotels.com and then $20 just because. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
SHEILA
"Romantic stay"
Loved the place the only issue is with hotels switching to wood/laminet flooring it feels like apartment living with a loud walker in the room above.
Went to Monterey to spend time with my brother who is in the military. Had a great time. Hotel was conveniently located to everything we wanted to do. The room was clean and nice. The staff was very helpful. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Perfect"
I loved those room: new, big, clean. Great price. And Monterey is a beautiful place.
1 night trip Nov 12, 2014
ottavia
"Totally satisfied"
Great comfortable room, good price. Stayed 2 nights. Close to Monterey town abd both piers (ran there mornings). Would definitely stay again.
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"charge more money"
I have no idea why they charged me 20$when I check in. I had paid all the payment when I booked online.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
zijian
"Fair rating motel but clean"
Front desk staff could barely speak English and not very personable, rude front desk clerk, only lukewarm shower water temp.
2 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
"well rested!"
wonderful could not be happier!
3 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Phil
"hotel stay in Monterey"
The room wasn't very big but it was clean and pretty well furnished
2 night family trip Oct 28, 2014
"Nice motel in Monterrey"
I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference in Monterey. The hotel staff was very nice and friendly, and gave us several recommendations for stores, laundromat, etc. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was a pretty large TV. There was a fridge in the room, which was nice. The location was very convenient, as it was close to the downtown area, and close to Highway 1.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Very nice for the price."
I was totally pleased with the cleanliness, linens and furnishings of the room. The only issue was the size was kind of small. We had 3, sometimes 4 people in the room and it was tight. The cheap price in a beautiful city made it worth the slight discomfort.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Heidi
"Unexpected Excellence"
The inkeepers went above and beyond inkeepers that we have experienced in our 56 years of traveling around the world. They were friendly, kind, efficient, informative and knowledgeable.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Two travelers
"Perfect for a quick stay in Monterey"
Lovely. Super clean and convenient to Whole Foods Market.
1 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
"Monterey- beautiful, hotel ok"
The hotel is in a good location. Queen beds very comfy but room was small - one side of each bed was against the wall. Clean and newly remodeled rooms. No breakfast or coffee available. The room next to us was noisy all night. Ok hotel for one night stays.
3 night family trip Oct 21, 2014
"Great, close to everything!"
Had a WONDERFUL STAY! Would stay there again! Clean room nice stall, hot free coffee!
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Ella
"water pressure"
The room overall was ok...had a must smell...the water pressure was non existent....could not get the hot water to come on in the sink.....water barely dropped out of it
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
John Frazier
"Good value for price"
Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Next time would get a room away from smoking area.
1 night family trip Oct 19, 2014
"Nice Place"
Hotel was clean and convenient. Fairly quiet except for some late night partiers next door.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Terry
"Monterey Overnight"
We checked in a little late in the pm and got the very last room available, #29, a very odd shaped room that looks like it was never meant to be one. The room was clean but there were some minor condition issues. Our biggest problem was with the spotty We-Fi service. The room didn't receive a strong signal. If you walked down the hall to the front door it was OK but not inside the room. Stay away fromm #29.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Good value for the money in Monterey area. Adequate accomodations--- toilet area tired. Good internet
1 night trip Oct 14, 2014
"Nice and Clean"
Nice room, my only complaint is that on the day of checkout the maid came in while we were at breakfast to clean the room.
1 night family trip Oct 6, 2014
Roxanne
"Calm relaxing weekend was a Sucess!"
The hotel location was perfect and the price of the hotel fit our budged and we enjoyed the stay..
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
tasha
"Nice motel with convenient location"
The room is very nicely designed, recently remodeled, modern and clean. There are many other motels near by, as well as restaurants. It's also not far from the 17-mile drive.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"excellent accommodationsLarry Lack"
From the granite sinks, Marble bathroom floors and walls, wood floors, to the large comfortable bed, excellent TV, frig, microwave, clean, well-appointed room; we couldn't have asked for better accommodations.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
Larry Lack
There should be some kind of light breakfast provided. Coffee is not enough.
6 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"It is ok... nothing special. Non existent service!"
Everything is clean but our room smelt of bleach way too much. You wont get any customer service here so expect nothing, they are actually pretty rude. No laundry either.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Julia
"Cute, cottage type morel"
The motel looked nice but the room had a musty smell to it. Very convenient location. No coffee maker but free coffee available at the office lobby. Overall, not a bad experience
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
"Good hotel but expensive with the facilities."
The facilities are so so. But the staff is not comfotrable. No one is in front lobby in my check in time.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Clean motel."
Motel was clean. Air conditioning did not work very well, so room was a little stuffy. Breakfast was very rudimentary compared to other motels we stayed in during our trip.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Close to all the places we wanted to go"
Great stay. Used uber to drive us around. Stress free night
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Limited parking, shower leaked, toilet seat broker, small older room, bright lights at nite, air conditionar was just ok.. No parking to speak of.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Awesome"
This is an amazing hotel. The best asset was the hardwood floors. It was clean and very nicely decorated. I work at a hotel in Las Vegas nv and I would recommend this property 100 %.
3 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Shirlene
Room was small but clean with nice wood floors. Pool was old and not heated.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2014
"wonderful little bungalow"
The Monterey Surf Inn is a lovely little suitevif bungalows conveniently located in the heart of the city in close proximity to the malk, the ocean, the aquarium, fisherman's wharf, cannery row and lots of restaurants. we loved it and recommend it for an affordable, newly renovated, clean, safe and sweet hone away from home.
2 night business trip Sep 1, 2014
Michele
"Nice place bad customer service"
When I pulled in I noticed that all the rooms were open and getting cleaned. I parked and walked to the front seat and looked around. The lobby was ok looking, coffee maker was empty, and the guy standing there had ok service. After a long drive sometimes you just wish to get a welcoming great. He just said "what can I do for you" no "hi" or "hello" or "good morning/ afternoon" I felt like he treated me as someone that is going to come here 1 time and not come back anymore. Like "hey you already booked your hotel, I have your money, so f#%* you! Hahaha" anyways that's the vibe I got from him. He wanted my credit card, swiped it and had me sign a paper without telling me what for. So I started reading the paper and he repeated his self saying right your name and sign(as if I was stupid) I'm like ok I just want to read what I'm signing. Anyways I signed it and he gave me 1 room key and that was it. This place does not have any deals on the Monterey bay aquarium so don't bother asking. And also don't bother ringing that bell they have on the front desk, because it's useless. Ohh and don't look under the bed because it is FILTHY!!!
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2014
Radley
"Clean, small and quiet"
It was very cute and quaint. It was a small room but clean and quiet. The only thing I did not like was we did not request for room service or leave anything on the door knob asking for anyone to come in and they did anyways. I felt it was a small envision of privacy and just not something I expected when I got back to my room. Overall, I would stay there again without hesitation.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Great place!!!"
I was in town for my nephews wedding and had a wonderful stay at Monterey Surf Inn! Will definitely stay there again!Very clean and Very nice people!
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Monterey stay"
Despite a late check in (11:00 pm), the hotel staff was very courteous and accommodating, i was checked in quickly, and in my room in minutes. A couple of items about the room were a little disconcerting. The faucets on the sink were reversed for "Hot" and "cold" (right was Hot, left was cold), but i got used to it. Maybe the low reservoir, pneumatic assisted "flush toilet" is mandated by the city, but it often took several attempts to clear the toilet after using. By my rough estimate, i probably used more water than if it had been an "old school" toilet and would clear after one flush. The nightly rate was pretty good so i am taking that into account. I would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Close to attractions"
Pretty basic hotel. Simple. Nice location. A bit of a walk to main attractions like the wharf and mall, but super close for driving.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2014