All hotels in Keene, New Hampshire, United States of America
30 Main Street, Keene, NH, 03431, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

Beautiful hotel. Extremely clean. Definatly will go back
1 night trip Nov 17, 2012
"Disappointed, but not the worst"
I was so excited to come here, being that it was a boutique hotel in a cute town that looked very nice. The employees at the front desk were amazing, and the hotel itself was very nice and felt comfortable. The parking is just ok--it's a garage behind the hotel that has no elevator and is about a block away. There are free drinks (2 each) in the evening and the atmosphere was fun. Great shops and restaurants in the area. My only complaint was the cleanliness of the rooms. We had to ask to be moved from the first room due to a bad smell and were given a free upgrade to a suite. The suite was very nice, but there were random hairs in the bathroom, granola on the carpet, and the jacuzzi bathtub (which I was very excited about using) was gross. I went to wipe out the hair so maybe I could use it, but the yellowish-ring around the tub, that had first appeared to be a stain, actually came off on the washcloth. I was so grossed out that the rest of the time I just felt uncomfortable. I really wish the cleaning staff would actually have some pride and do a better job, because it would have been outstanding otherwise.
1 night trip Nov 3, 2012
KK
"lovely, restored hotel with a perfect location"
Wished we could have stayed longer to enjoy the weekend festival but loved the town and the hotel. If we ever come back to the area-we'll be staying with you again
2 night business trip Oct 15, 2012
"Boutique, "Lifestyle" Hotel; Convenient to Eaterie"
Like the uniqueness. The loft rooms are really great for gathering. Adjoining restaurant (Fireworks) is above average. We tried to visit a couple of others but they were tough to get into so we kept coming back to Fireworks for more.
Other trip Oct 11, 2012
"Eclectic mix of new and old. Modern with charm."
The Lane Hotel was an awesome place to stay. I would definitely stay there again. I loved the mix of old and new decor. Bed was comfy, room was clean, only disappointment was the shower. A walk in would be nice versus the typical tubshower combo.
Other trip Sep 15, 2012

Great from start to finish - welcomed by a warm smiley face on reception and departed with the same. Nice big rooms, good bathrooms, fresh breakfast. Definitely recommended.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Keene Downtown
Thank you for your recent stay with us; we're happy to hear that you had an excellent experience at our property from start to finish. We're proud to have earned your 5-star recommendation to fellow travelers and we look forward to having you back. Best, Alex Bates, GM
1 night family trip Oct 20, 2014
jsw1968
"perfect stay"
nothing wrong to say. If you are not happy with this hotel, there is something wrong with you.
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2013

"Empfehlenswert"
Schönes Hotelzimmer in sehr guter Lage! Riesige Zimmer mit guter Ausstattung!
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Silke
DE
"Stort rom, god beliggenhet"
Keene er en trivelig liten by, og Lane er et hyggelig hotell så sentralt du kan komme. Fin standard og store rom.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Veldig bra hotell."
God service, lett tilgjengelig, store fine rene rom, god seng, stille, ok og enkel frokost. Veldig bra pris. Anbefales!
Other trip Oct 12, 2012
1 night trip Oct 8, 2014
Rose Pope
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Keene Downtown
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review! We look forward to hosting your next visit to Keene. Best, Alex Bates, GM
1 night trip Mar 6, 2014
2 night romance trip Nov 8, 2013
"Great Hotel..."
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2013
2 night business trip Mar 16, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Keene Downtown

"We didn't have a great stay."
08/30/15 cararro New York City, New York
This is a recently renovated historic building. While I appreciate preservation, there is very little inside to indicate its history. We stayed in a "suite." The suites are located in the basement with windows high up on the wall and on the sidewalk outside. The room is dimly lit, ceiling is low, it's a large room but not a divided bedroom, the noise of some mechanical equipment is constant, and the noise from the first floor above is unpleasant. It's a great location, right in the middle of downtown Keene. A block off Main St. there is a Courtyard in a modern building and that's where we'll stay next time.
"Awesome hotel! Not your typical Fairfield Inn"
08/28/15 Hawaiiantraveler66 Southern NH
Honestly, this isn't your typical fairfield inn by Marriott. This is a wonderful hidden gem of a boutique hotel that has a marriott name on it. We had a wonderful room for the night that overlooked the Square. Easy walk outside to numerous restaurants. Parking is a bit difficult so call ahead for the explanation on where to park. Definitely worth visiting. Lorraine their General Manager is wonderful and very helpful.
"Great location, great value."
08/12/15 Gary B Keene, United States
Recently moved to Keene. Hot water heater at home went out so we got a room at recently acquired downtown hotel. Previously The Lane Hotel. It's on Main Street in Keene. Room was clean and nicely decorated. Has feel of a private boutique hotel (which is suppose it was as the Lane. High ceilings. Small cozy bar in lobby and hotel connects to a nice Italian resteraunt (Fireworks). My recommendation going forward for friends who visit.
"Central location, interesting old building"
08/03/15 Maine-ahh South Freeport, Maine
It was a little hard to spot the hotel while driving along Main Street. Also the parking in a detached garage is a little hard to find. The location is nice and right in the middle of the center. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Nothing great, except a better location than the other Marriott property in this town (Courtyard).
"Price point is misleading"
08/02/15 RDD57 Brooklyn, New York
This hotel is located on Main Street in Keene. I guess that's why they can charge the highest nightly rates in the area. Great location, very spacious rooms, breakfast was good. There are three reasons I cannot give this hotel more than an average rating: The AC in the room was not reliable. Besides being set at a balmy 70 degrees it would not even kick on when the thermostat read 79!! Every day we'd have to call the front desk and complain and they would "check the switches" and told us to call back if it didn't come on in 10 minutes. It would ultimately come on. On our last night it stopped working while we slept and we woke up at 3am soaked in sweat. We called and 10 minutes later it started up. Considering the high pricepoint- the AC should work. More importantly, though, hotels are in the hospitality business. Not once during our stay did the front desk/manager call US to apologize for the AC problem, heck they wouldn't call to check after each of our complaints--I guess since we didn't call back their job was done. Lastly, the common area bathrooms were not serviced daily leaving dirty floors, no toilet paper or drying paper. This lack of attention to housekeeping chores raises concerns about the general care of the facilities. Our son is attending school in the area and we will be visiting several times a year. We will not stay here again.
"Central and Very Comfortable"
08/02/15 kbc2013 Newark, Delaware, United States
We stayed 2 days during the work week. Check in and out was easy with friendly staff. Staff also helpful when I thought I lost my cell phone which as it turns out was living in the bottom of a bag in my car. Interior design of the hallways was welcoming, colors and patterns complemented those within the room. Air conditioning actually worked all too well. Only word of advice is no handrails in the tub/shower. Restaurants all around including a large food co-op with prepared and made-to-order offerings. Would certainly stay again.
"Not a particularly special stay"
07/29/15 Sam J Thornhill
Previously a downtown landmark hotel that's been done over to appear more like a Boutique Hotel which is a first for this chain that I have seen. A parking place in front of the hotel ( to register & unload luggage) can be the start of your challenges here as only regular street parking slots are available when neighborhood shoppers are not occupying them. Had reserved two rooms and told they would not be available until 3:00pm-fair enough. At 3:00pm no rooms are available as yet for myself and apparently 3 other guests. No explanation as to why from the two front desk clerks as they smile continuously looking at their computer and avoiding eye contact with waiting guests. At 3:20 1st room is released with second room being released at 4:30. Rooms themselves have been completely done over and are very stylish. Everything is in good working order. This being an old landmark building room air conditioner was mounted in a high up window with air vents pointed UPWARD only. Badly designed black out drapes run from floor to ceiling covering the vents so if you like your room blacked out at night you're out of luck or without air conditioning. Guest parking is located in a rear parking building located a long block away from the hotel. There is a rear hotel door that gets you closer to the parking but no one informed us of this.There are 3 choices given for connecting WiFi. Room,Lobby or Conference Room. Had to play around with all 3 in my room to get one of them to work.
"Nice & In the Downtown Area"
07/25/15 MartiniMagz Concord, New Hampshire
We stayed for a quick one night visit. It was clean, well located in town & very nice. Better than a Super 8 or Holiday Inn, for sure, but not exactly high end. Which is fine. We stayed on the 4th floor, had great parking, the room was quiet. I'd stay again if I couldn't get a room at the Lane.
"Cute Town and Lovely Hotel"
07/13/15 Bernsweeney New York City, New York
This is a nice hotel. I had a corner room with windows on both sides so there was a lot of natural light. The room had the black out curtains for nighttime so the sun in the morning was not a problem. I stayed with a friend of mine and we had a room with two queen size beds. The rooms was huge and we did not feel like we were on top of each other. The room was very clean as was the bathroom. There were also two comfy chairs in the corner by the windows which was a nice place to relax with a glass of wine. I was only there for one night so I can not speak to the service although the woman at the front desk was very nice at check in. Free parking and free breakfast is always appreciated.
"Air conditioning...or lack there of..."
07/08/15 Yen E
First, I'd like to say that the hotel is very nice and has the historic feel I would expect from a building that's over a century old. The staff was friendly and attentive. Breakfast was good. Now with that being said, I'm experiencing the exact same issues as countless others. The AC trips the breaker after being on for an hour and needs to be reset. It's extremely frustrating! I woke up at 6am to an 80 degree room. The hotel is labeled a category 6 and I expected to have category 6 amenities, such as a functioning AC in my room. Actually, I'd expect that if I stayed in a Motel 6. Very disappointing.