All hotels in Tacoma, Washington, United States of America
8402 S Hosmer St, Tacoma, WA, 98444, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Good room at a good rate"
Loved the firmness, yet comfortable softness, of the mattress. Lots of towels. Clean room.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Alright"
it was alright but the room that was given to us not what I wanted
1 night trip Jan 11, 2015
"Overall good place to stay but plugs are junk."
All of the outlets in the room were loose. When we thought our device was charging it was not because the outlet just allowed our plug to slip out. In an age of electronics outlets need to work when they are expected to. Last time we stayed at this hotel the same thing happened. Outlets are easy to replace and cheap. It needs to get done.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
Stephen
"One night stay"
It was cheap Room was ok Breakfast was awful
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
"good hotel for its price"
good stay only issue was that they were remodeling , and did not inform anyone that they were painting
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"worth the extra couple bucks"
Had a great stay
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
It went great, me and my bf stayed here and the staffs are so nice and very welcoming. I wished I remembered their names. Feel asleep great
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
souktyda
"dirty rooms"
Our room gad dirty linen in it so they gave us another room & it had a razor in the shower. Dissatisfied the rooms were dirty
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Danial
"Convenience"
Location was great. Close to mall and many good restaurants.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
business man
A Clean hotel with nice staff , good breakfast ,good location and reasonable rates . What more could you ask for?
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Rich
"Tacoma Red Lion"
The hotel was nice, the room was a little warm though. The hotel staff was friendly, and helpful.
2 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
Jane
"Gluten Free Options Needed"
The king size bed was GREAT! The room accommodated our needs very well. We would have appreciated gluten free options in the self serve breakfast room.
1 night business trip Dec 21, 2014
Albert
Staff was helpful and the room was clean. The building is old but under remodeling.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Staff is too young to manage this place"
2 days here and it was the worst experience in a hotel. Should have read yelp comments before. Team was staying at this hotel so we booked there, mistake! Rooms are supposedly under construction/non smoking hotel, walking into room it smelled like smoke. Not well kept also. Hotel is in front of a bar/club and get wanderers into hotel. 1st night people in a room (222) that staff did not know about and security. Loud music, smoking keeping the rooms next to them up. Complaints made to staff and they did nothing. Claiming that they sent security and checked cameras. I was not told about this incident till the next day, went to front desk and demanded to see property manager/incident report for the complaints given. Nobody had a clue. 2nd night it happened again and I personally went to confront security and front desk on loud music and people in the same room. The toned changed as they confirmed checked in people and would take care of it. 2 hours later (4:30 am ) I got a call from team room saying they were at it again. Came down again to front desk and they were in back room asleep. Needless to say the hotel is unsecured as it was 4:30 am in the morning and no one watching the entrance and anybody could get in. Staff are a bunch of youngsters, at 18 to 25 at best. Calls were made to the Red Lion office and complaints were made at this property. Waiting to hear what the Red Lion corporate office is going to do.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Alfonso
"Red Lion Tacoma - skip it for now"
Stayed here for two nights. Expectations were not all that high sense the hotel is on the highway. In looking at hotels I tried to pick one in the upper middle of the values for the market hoping it would be better. Overall, I listened to loud music from the club across the street and the place is pretty run down. They have planned for renovations in 2015 which is a good idea.
2 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Todd
"Disappointing stay."
In need of remodel, check in staff was very inattentive, room was dusty & dirty, ceilings leaked as buckets were out in hallways to catch leaks. Toilet had what looked like paint on the lid, sink was cracked. Hotel is on busy street & you can hear the restaurant/bar across the street for most of the night.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Tired Traveler
"Very Disappointed"
Walls and floors very thin. Had to be relocated @2am because bar across street and traffic noise was unreal. I was moved to a room next to 2 bikers just checking in who were drunk and loud. No bar,restaurant, business center or computers. Room had garbage on floor and white stains in the carpet. Door would not open or close properly. Had to reprogram rom keys every morning. My nightly rate was high 90's. While in the lobby I heard desk clerk telling people they had rooms for 60's. I would not have stayed there for even that price. Howard Johnson one block down is much better.
4 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
"A nice stay for the price. Clean rooms and beds."
I enjoyed my stay at Redlion. The hotel was clean and the rooms were clean. The hotel was under a little remodel in the lobby at the time I stayed but other than that. I was a nice place to stay for the price. Only thing I could complicate I would have is my room toilet paper holder was broken and the bathroom light went out while staying and nothing was done about it.
6 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Bowyas
Great hotel. Great location. Great price. Nice breakfast.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Bellingham nati
"Girlfriends Getaway - Fleetwood Mac!"
Lobby under construction and strange smell in the lobby. A bummer, but I get it. The only issue I really had was that at check in we were told that breakfast was being served until 10:00 am but when we got to the Lobby at 9:40 everything was being cleared up and put away. Breakfast is served till 930 weekdays and 1000 on weekend. We were there on a Thursday night so the check in gal made a mistake.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Too long waiting to check in"
I went in there with my boyfriend and 3 year old baby boy and the lady could not find my name on the computer and I was waiting for her to contact expedia for over an hour. I asked to place me in a room while they found my info on the computer since I was tired and with my sons diaper dirty of poop. And she said she couldn't. I also booked the room on Saturday nite and I was not on the system when I went to check in on Sunday at 8 pm. The whole experienced was bad and I did not get offer anything complimentary for making me wait so long and I just wish they would of upgraded me to another room or assist me with a free dinner or a discount on my next visit to the hotel.
pricila
"Under construction, loud, no toiletries"
We arrived and were surprised that the hotel was under construction but still open for business. The beds gave both my husband and I bachaches. Also it sounded like there was construction going on the floor above us all night long. There were no toiletries left in the room for us. This wasn't realized till we were getting ready for bed and there was no soap at all. I would not recommend this hotel, especially not in the near future.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Mom
"Terry's review"
The staff was warm and very helpful. Breakfast was great and the coffee was exceptional
2 night trip Nov 2, 2014
Terry
"Decent"
They are undergoing work in the lobby which made it less appealing. Additionally, the floors look loke they need some sprucing up on the third floor where we stayed.
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
"Close and comfortable."
This hotel was close to where we going to a conference. The staff was exceptionally kind and professional. The room was comfortable, especially the beds. The bathroom; however, has mold in the caulking around the base edges. Turns you off and makes you wonder about the rest of the room.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Honestly the room smelled! Staff was nice."
Honestly the room smelled! The floor didn't seem vacuumed.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
cindy
"Great Place for a qucik stay"
I am in the process of moving and needed a hotel to saty in overnight in Tacoma as our house had nothing in it. this hotel was a great option.. at first a few people told me the location may be scary, but I dind't think so. It was off the freeway, clean, I felt safe, and I got a good night rest.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Xochitl
"Ok"
Front desk girls very nice and helpful. Breakfast was just ok, nothing special..
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
elmore
"Not happy"
I feel it was too much money for the quality of hotel. If was a fairly descent hotel, but not for what i paid for it. The only reason i stayed there to begin with was because it had an indoor pool & the pool and hot tub were broken. Not too mention that the tv's picture was horrible. There were a few other thongs that i was not happy with either. Overall i wish i would've stayed somewhere else
3 night trip Oct 16, 2014
I was pretty upset when I looked at my bank statement and found that they billed my debit card after I paid cash for my stay then argued with me that they had not. I still have not been able to talk to a manager to resolve this
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
Christina
clean and relaxing.. great sleep.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Taddius
"very good"
We luv this place that's y when we are in tbe US we always stay here.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
The room was very clean no dust on furniture, window seals and tracks, bath tub and closet. The room was also very quiet. The freeze was not on but very clean which is very important to me. Two things they can improve on: Spot clean the carpet, spot paint the wall in the room, and security for back of the building. I will return but want different room from # 332. Breakfast would have been great if the eggs was not dry, green, and hard. We mention it to front desk but nothing was done about it. I guess you must eat went first come out fresh.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Sheba
"cold hot tub"
We didn't expect a 4 star hotel, but the biggest disappointment was looking forward to a "hot tub" and finding out it was a "cold tub".
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Serena
Very nice facility and staff. My room was great
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Keith
"Quite a way from seatac, but convient shopping"
Room was well-appointed and clean. Good wifi, grat pool and hot tub
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Growley
"Only thing heat was the bed"
Flat screen as promised was not there, instead there was a fuzzy old tv with static and horrible sound. The remodel was done very poorly and pain job is horrendous. The location is ghetto and front desk staff seemed very uninterested in guests and complaints.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
pollyann
"Not going again."
Booked a king size bed, was given my keys got up to the room open the door and it is two queens. There was no mention of this at the front desk. I open the closet and there are a bunch of used towels piled up on the floor. Called to reception and they said they would be right up to take care of those. I finish unpacking everything and check out the bathroom, there is wall mounted system to release soap and lotion. In the shower stall it is shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. They are all clear and nothing is coming out. This is the only thing in the bathroom for soap. So I call the front desk (they still have not arrived to pick up the towels) and ask if there is a special way to get the soap out, she said those were recently installed and are not filled. I said ok then there is no soap or shampoo in this room. She said why dont we move you. I said ok let me pack because I unpacked everything. They were at my door within two minutes and I was almost ready. The next room was okay the a/c was not as advanced but still worked. However the remote didn't work so I called for batteries. They were prompt with batteries and then when batteries didn't work realized they had a panasonic remote to work with a zenith tv. Too much trouble.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"convenient access"
nice enough place to stay, easy to access, friendly folk,
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
"Building was terrible looking! It was crushed."
There was loud guests that were saying they were cops with a warrant and woke up everyone in my room! Noise was ridiculous!!!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
bobbi
"Bad Experience"
I booked room 229 with the jacuzzi tub. Previous guest had drawn disturbing pictures on the mirrors in a permanent marker. The pictures were freaky outlines where when you look in the mirror it's an outline of your face and body, weird ! How the cleaning crew missed this is beyond me ! Clearly there is no attention to detail. Then the cover for the bathroom vent was hanging down and mold in the shower. Horrible experience.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
"Horrible stay and experince"
Our "room" was the size of a closet with what sounded like the laundry mat above us running all night. There was mold in the bathroom tile and a tv set from the 80's that, if you squinted and turned you head sideways, you almost guess what program you were watching. Horrible.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Casey
"This hotels needs a deep clean and update!"
Our room smelled of urine, stains on the carpet and furniture was shabby. The hotel breakfast was horrible. The entire building smelled of stale smoke despite being smoke free.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
tld
Pretty basic hotel, we got a room with a jacuzzi which was sweet - for about 180$ for one night. Bed was comfortable, appliances and tv was outdated but that didn't matter to us, we had a concert to attend at the Tacoma dome. Hotel is a quick cab ride to the tacoma dome.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
m
"Not good"
This hotel smells bad, the rooms were dirty, stained, and smelly. The breakfast was poor (powdered eggs). I will not return. I do not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Average Joe
Everything was great no complaint what so ever.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Edwin Rivera
"Moving On Up"
We had an excellent stay at Red Lion! We will recommend it highly to anyone needing to stay in the Tacoma area. The hotel service, comfort and cleanliness were exceptional. Thanks for a job well done!
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014
T. J.
"Dissapointed in 5 star"
Bathroom was so small, mold growing in grout, water everywhere after shower, bathtub backed up water to ankles. The room was basic not five star like website stated.... Night staff was very unhelpful when we went looking for ice, ours on our floor was out and no one could direct us to availability.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Tonie
"Odd"
Ok so first off the hotel itself is a nice smaller hotel with friendly staff. The room I stayed in(king suite with jetted tub) was very big and at first glance was amazing. But I found it odd that for 180$ a night there was no door to the bathroom. The ac controls were in a separate room( hot in the room so it made it hard to sleep) and the TV only hade very basic cable. The amenities made me feel like I was in a motel 6. If you are looking for a bar downstairs with a kitchen so you can get room service do not stay here. Also when it came to check out the lady was a bit rude and after 5 minutes of arguing she charged me twice for one night. I do not know why but I will be calling the manager and hopefully getting this resolved
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
thomas
"Just passing through"
The room was for the handicapped which I thought might be a little easier for my wife to get around in. She has some walking issues. The room was small and crowded, there was only one chair, and the closet would have been impossible for someone in a wheelchair let alone difficult for normal elderly to get too. The remote for the TV didn't work and the shower was barely luke warm. It appeared that the plumbing (hot & cold) were hooked up backward. The bathroom was crowded as well with a small vanity that personal items were crowed.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014