All hotels in Tacoma, Washington, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here8402 S Hosmer St, Tacoma, WA, 98444, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Terry's review"
The staff was warm and very helpful. Breakfast was great and the coffee was exceptional
2 night trip Nov 2, 2014
Terry
"Decent"
They are undergoing work in the lobby which made it less appealing. Additionally, the floors look loke they need some sprucing up on the third floor where we stayed.
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2014
"Close and comfortable."
This hotel was close to where we going to a conference. The staff was exceptionally kind and professional. The room was comfortable, especially the beds. The bathroom; however, has mold in the caulking around the base edges. Turns you off and makes you wonder about the rest of the room.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Honestly the room smelled! Staff was nice."
Honestly the room smelled! The floor didn't seem vacuumed.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
cindy
"Great Place for a qucik stay"
I am in the process of moving and needed a hotel to saty in overnight in Tacoma as our house had nothing in it. this hotel was a great option.. at first a few people told me the location may be scary, but I dind't think so. It was off the freeway, clean, I felt safe, and I got a good night rest.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Xochitl
"Ok"
Front desk girls very nice and helpful. Breakfast was just ok, nothing special..
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
elmore
"Not happy"
I feel it was too much money for the quality of hotel. If was a fairly descent hotel, but not for what i paid for it. The only reason i stayed there to begin with was because it had an indoor pool & the pool and hot tub were broken. Not too mention that the tv's picture was horrible. There were a few other thongs that i was not happy with either. Overall i wish i would've stayed somewhere else
3 night trip Oct 16, 2014
I was pretty upset when I looked at my bank statement and found that they billed my debit card after I paid cash for my stay then argued with me that they had not. I still have not been able to talk to a manager to resolve this
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
Christina
clean and relaxing.. great sleep.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Taddius
"very good"
We luv this place that's y when we are in tbe US we always stay here.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
The room was very clean no dust on furniture, window seals and tracks, bath tub and closet. The room was also very quiet. The freeze was not on but very clean which is very important to me. Two things they can improve on: Spot clean the carpet, spot paint the wall in the room, and security for back of the building. I will return but want different room from # 332. Breakfast would have been great if the eggs was not dry, green, and hard. We mention it to front desk but nothing was done about it. I guess you must eat went first come out fresh.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Sheba
"cold hot tub"
We didn't expect a 4 star hotel, but the biggest disappointment was looking forward to a "hot tub" and finding out it was a "cold tub".
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Serena
Very nice facility and staff. My room was great
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Keith
"Quite a way from seatac, but convient shopping"
Room was well-appointed and clean. Good wifi, grat pool and hot tub
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Growley
"Only thing heat was the bed"
Flat screen as promised was not there, instead there was a fuzzy old tv with static and horrible sound. The remodel was done very poorly and pain job is horrendous. The location is ghetto and front desk staff seemed very uninterested in guests and complaints.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
pollyann
"Not going again."
Booked a king size bed, was given my keys got up to the room open the door and it is two queens. There was no mention of this at the front desk. I open the closet and there are a bunch of used towels piled up on the floor. Called to reception and they said they would be right up to take care of those. I finish unpacking everything and check out the bathroom, there is wall mounted system to release soap and lotion. In the shower stall it is shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. They are all clear and nothing is coming out. This is the only thing in the bathroom for soap. So I call the front desk (they still have not arrived to pick up the towels) and ask if there is a special way to get the soap out, she said those were recently installed and are not filled. I said ok then there is no soap or shampoo in this room. She said why dont we move you. I said ok let me pack because I unpacked everything. They were at my door within two minutes and I was almost ready. The next room was okay the a/c was not as advanced but still worked. However the remote didn't work so I called for batteries. They were prompt with batteries and then when batteries didn't work realized they had a panasonic remote to work with a zenith tv. Too much trouble.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"convenient access"
nice enough place to stay, easy to access, friendly folk,
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
"Building was terrible looking! It was crushed."
There was loud guests that were saying they were cops with a warrant and woke up everyone in my room! Noise was ridiculous!!!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
bobbi
"Bad Experience"
I booked room 229 with the jacuzzi tub. Previous guest had drawn disturbing pictures on the mirrors in a permanent marker. The pictures were freaky outlines where when you look in the mirror it's an outline of your face and body, weird ! How the cleaning crew missed this is beyond me ! Clearly there is no attention to detail. Then the cover for the bathroom vent was hanging down and mold in the shower. Horrible experience.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
"Horrible stay and experince"
Our "room" was the size of a closet with what sounded like the laundry mat above us running all night. There was mold in the bathroom tile and a tv set from the 80's that, if you squinted and turned you head sideways, you almost guess what program you were watching. Horrible.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Casey
"This hotels needs a deep clean and update!"
Our room smelled of urine, stains on the carpet and furniture was shabby. The hotel breakfast was horrible. The entire building smelled of stale smoke despite being smoke free.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
tld
Pretty basic hotel, we got a room with a jacuzzi which was sweet - for about 180$ for one night. Bed was comfortable, appliances and tv was outdated but that didn't matter to us, we had a concert to attend at the Tacoma dome. Hotel is a quick cab ride to the tacoma dome.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
m
"Not good"
This hotel smells bad, the rooms were dirty, stained, and smelly. The breakfast was poor (powdered eggs). I will not return. I do not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Average Joe
Everything was great no complaint what so ever.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Edwin Rivera
"Moving On Up"
We had an excellent stay at Red Lion! We will recommend it highly to anyone needing to stay in the Tacoma area. The hotel service, comfort and cleanliness were exceptional. Thanks for a job well done!
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014
T. J.
"Dissapointed in 5 star"
Bathroom was so small, mold growing in grout, water everywhere after shower, bathtub backed up water to ankles. The room was basic not five star like website stated.... Night staff was very unhelpful when we went looking for ice, ours on our floor was out and no one could direct us to availability.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Tonie
"Odd"
Ok so first off the hotel itself is a nice smaller hotel with friendly staff. The room I stayed in(king suite with jetted tub) was very big and at first glance was amazing. But I found it odd that for 180$ a night there was no door to the bathroom. The ac controls were in a separate room( hot in the room so it made it hard to sleep) and the TV only hade very basic cable. The amenities made me feel like I was in a motel 6. If you are looking for a bar downstairs with a kitchen so you can get room service do not stay here. Also when it came to check out the lady was a bit rude and after 5 minutes of arguing she charged me twice for one night. I do not know why but I will be calling the manager and hopefully getting this resolved
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
thomas
"Just passing through"
The room was for the handicapped which I thought might be a little easier for my wife to get around in. She has some walking issues. The room was small and crowded, there was only one chair, and the closet would have been impossible for someone in a wheelchair let alone difficult for normal elderly to get too. The remote for the TV didn't work and the shower was barely luke warm. It appeared that the plumbing (hot & cold) were hooked up backward. The bathroom was crowded as well with a small vanity that personal items were crowed.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Butch
"Half the hotel was shut down. Bad neighborhood"
I am a business owner from Portland OR. We had a convention to attend, and I booked rooms for myself and five stylists from my salon. There was one outlet available in the room. (Not a good fit for a stylist). Staff was nice and very accommodating. That would be the only reason for a star. Neighborhood was terrible. We were warned not to go to the club across the street as there had been multiple shootings there. The hallways seemed as though they were the set for The Shining. I was surprised I didn't see duct tape holding things together. The A/C hardly worked, missing paint on walls, carpet was dirty in every corner, outlets were falling out of the walls. The breakfast was decent, but horrible coffee
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Mara
NOT IMPRESSED; CHECKED OUT 2 DAYS EARLY AND WAS CHARGED 50.00 EXTRA; STAYED 5 DAYS AND YHEY CLEANED OUR ROOM ONCE; ICE MACHINE OUT ON OUR FLOOR; NO HD OR FLAT SCREEN TV
7 night trip Sep 4, 2014
GEORGE BURKE
Not very updated... Paint and carpet horrible, shady guests hanging out in the parking lot going in and out all night. Not to secure key card entry from parking lot broken, door proped open with rubber mat, so anyone can enter.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Our stay was excellent. The hotel exceeded our expectations.Friedly hostesses and great service. Lots of breakfast selections. I give them A++. Will be back there soon.
6 night family trip Sep 4, 2014
Simon
VERY Noisey above, below and outside!
3 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"Close to the Washington State fair"
Great customer service. Staff were friendly and helpful. Nice room. Breakfast was just enough. Lots of choice. Would have been nice to have had a little fruit, but overall good breakfast. Good coffee with real cream.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
Tania
"Surprisingly Comfortable"
Wonderfully accommodating receptionists. Great room for the money with a very good breakfast and WiFi connection. Some of the other guests were inconsiderate and noisy in the a.m. by slamming doors, etc.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Bearpassion
"Close to restaurants and sights"
Overall the stay was fine. The staff were friendly, helpful and the room was clean and had hairdryer, etc. The only bad thing was the room we had was under the area for the guest laundry. It was noisy at times and difficult to sleep with the machines running.
4 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Still Nice, but has seen better days"
Didnt realize hotel was right next to interstate. Parking very easy and plenty of restaurants nearby. Room was very clean and did not smell of smoke. Room looked out onto large flat roof, not really any views in this neighborhood. Indoor pool nice along with spa. 2 of 3 ice machines were not working. Complementary breakfast was nicer than most. Easy check in and out.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Don D.
"Clean and inexpensive"
In a town that is really pretty ghetto, at least the hotel is in pretty good shape and clean. Not a descent restaurant in miles, but at least you won't get whacked.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
Dustin
"NICE HOTEL!"
WAS REALLY COMFORTABLE AND CLEAN!
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2014
Cinthya
"Run down and dingy"
Worst hotel I have ever stayed at! I would write a more detailed explanation but expedia doesnt want to post it...this is the 3rd time they ask me to re-write it!
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Louie
"Nice hotel close to I-5"
Very spacious room, we were in the King suite with Jacuzzi tub. This room appeared to have been remodeled as the light switches to some areas would be across the room. The bathroom was nicely appointed and updated with granite, however there was no privacy for the commode area. It was completely open to the whole room. You could have others who may be staying with you go into the front room and close those doors, but that was a little awkward. Overall nice room, breakfast was good. The night front desk person, locked the front doors to hotel for safety, which I thought was interesting. Not sure if this was considered "a bad area of town" but we did see some questionable people walking around there at night.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"Good comfort"
Gave us a quiet room when we requested same. The rooms at Red Lions are always tastefully decorated and, most importantly, have very comfortable beds. For the price, it's a treat!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Okay"
The hotel was loud with kids jumping on the floor on the upper levels and the sound traveled like a train. They were short of help on the continental breakfast and we had to wait and wait for food and even coffee. The rate was good but average at best.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
KD
I would suggest to upgrade window as double glazed. The constant noise from street was bothering good sleep ;(
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
C**
"Not Worth it."
MY FIRST REVIEW WAS REJECTED! FOR BEING HONEST ABOUT MY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE? NOT COOL!
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
Riley
Room very comfortable, Breakfast tasty and well stocked.
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
Very clean room, nice service at front desk.
2 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Randy
"Not what I was expecting..."
When I booked this hotel, I was expecting it to be great, being that it was the Red Lion, and all of my experiences have been great with Red Lion. I got to the hotel around 10PM and upon entering the hallway on the second floor where my room was, I was instantly confronted with a group (10-15) young (17-25ish) guys who were apparently from another country. They were in the hallway shouting, wrestling, running up and down the hallways, going in and out of multiple rooms, going to the floor above and doing similar things. This went on until about 2-2:30am after 3 calls to the front desk staff. Now I can live with that, but the outdated features of the hotel I could not. The tube TV's, with the grainy cable channels, and SUPER SLOW internet which drops regularly I cannot deal with. The room was not stocked with toiletries, and the furniture looks like it should be used for a bonfire instead of a hotel room. I booked this hotel for 5 nights, after 2 hours in my room, I went and cancelled all nights and booked a different hotel. I will not stay here again, and next time I will be more careful trusting a name, and instead do some research. This hotel is owned and operated by Kang Properties Inc.
5 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Nicer hotels within viewing distance of the window"
The hotel is dated and needs updating to compete. We traveled for a week to 5 different hotels and this was by far the worst. The room, pool and such needs a major refresh.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Pity about the location"
Good as a stopover- friendly staff.
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014