All hotels in Oakland, California, United States of America
1103 Embarcadero, Oakland, CA, 94606, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9397

We had an excellent stay at the Hotel
5 night family trip Dec 25, 2013
Robert & Betty Hightower
The office staff was very helpful, very attentive. The front desk was extremely accommodating. And the location was great - right off the water!
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
"Excellent value, home-like feel"
I stayed 7 nights. I got a great deal on a Queen Studio Suite. Very spacious room. Large refrigerator, microwave, 2 burner electric stovetop, kitchen sink, dishwasher. Kitchen table, couch, desk, comfy chair. I have a very restricted diet so having a full kitchen is great for me. They also have included breakfast every morning and dinner Mondays through Thursdays. I never made the dinner. Breakfast would be great for most people but had nothing I could eat. It includes hot items, such as an egg souffle the day I tried it. Tip: The best way to get to the hotel is to take 880S to the 16th/Embarcadero exit, then turn left. Or take 880N to the 23rd Street exit, then turn left at the first point where you have a choice. You can get lost easilty taking other routes.
7 night business trip Nov 17, 2013
Barry Saiff
Everything was very nice. The freeway view and noise was not bad. The patio areas outside the marina were very relaxing. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and substantial. The bed itself was too soft and squishy and the pillows were also squishy, so I didn't sleep well... otherwise, it was all a very good overnight stay. Thank you.
Other trip Nov 23, 2013
"Nice place to stay, but I don't know if I'll stay"
The hotel was nice the only problem I had was when I book the motel thru Hotel.com I wanted to book the cheapest standard room and the sight wouldn't let me saying that it was sold out. So I had to book the studio suite to stay at this hotel ($30.00 more per night). Ok fine prepaid for the room. Upon entering room I notice that the room was a lot smaller then expected and the kitchenette no where in sight. I realized that they had placed me in a standard room. I double checked the reservation that I had booked and went down the list of missing amenities. I called the front desk to complain. The guy questioned me like I had mad the mistake. They fixed the problem by placing us in a handicap suite (#140) that was right next to the electric room. (It makes me wonder how many people do they get over on). This was the noisiest room ever. I don't know what was going on but it woke us up out of our sleep about ever half hour. SMH
1 night romance trip Nov 10, 2013
"it was nice"
It was a decent hotel by water kind of close to jack london and bart, but still pretty far from anything nice, however it was a very nice room
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2013
Hannah
"Excellent rooms"
Wasnt expecting much but ended up turning out amazing. Not to much of a drive to any tourists hit spots.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
peter
"Clean Property in Low End Neighborhood"
Hotel was clean and comfortable, but this is definitely a low end property in an undesirable part of town. I expected better, since the price was fairly high and the pictures looked great. I would stay here again if I had to, and if I could get a better price. But it wouldn't be my first (or second or third) choice.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
"Will come back"
Nice hotel but will need rental car to go anywhere. Put in lots of miles on rental car and paid many tolls crossing the new bay bridge. Lots of parking at hotel & street meter charges $2 per hour. Problem with reservations: asked for 2 adj rms on 3rd floor next to elevator. All was prearranged a month in advantage. When we got there, they gave us one on 3rd fl and one on 2nd fl. After waiting half hr in lobby, they offered 2 adjacent rms on 2nd fl but far from elevator. We took it nevertheless. I then asked for a disposable shaver and was told to buy one off the shelf for $1. Paying much more to stay in this Hotel, I find this cheap and tacky. The included breakfast & dinners were excellent. We only tried dinner once. It was Salisbury Steak with potato & veggie, free beer & wine. Hot breakfast was excellent, but one morning, there was a stranger sat next to me at the business center. He said he lives nearby, got drunk last night, needed coffee in morning, asked if they check hotel keys when going for breakfast. I said no and he proceeded to get a heaping plate of food to eat at his computer then fell asleep on the desk. I reported that to the front desk and eventually he was escorted out. What disturbed me was that I caught the hotel security guard making calls in the 1st floor men's room 3 different times one morning (before I went jogging, after I came back, and after breakfast). That does not make me feel safe & I don't like people taking advantage of the system.
7 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Chuck
"Easy access"
Easy access to freeways. Only complaint, room key was very touchy. The shower did not drain , very slow.
3 night family trip Sep 16, 2013
"Ideal location to all Oakland/San Francisco venues"
The hotel was centrally located and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was enjoyable with buffet style arrangements. We will select this location for futures stays in the Oakland/San Francisco area.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2013
"Love the Waterfront"
Very Good but it could use a Bar in the Hotel.
4 night family trip Sep 1, 2013
Spencer W.
Excellent service & staff. Pool, hot tub clean. Full breakfast daily, full dinner including wine or beer weekdays.
7 night family trip Jul 24, 2013
She
"Not what you expect from a Hilton sidehotel"
The location selection was my own fault, I should have checked more on how close it actually was to the freeway. But it was also in a very shady area. Didn't feel safe and too pricey for what they offered. Door rattled throughout the night - not very sound proof.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2013
"Nice big room"
Loved it. The room was spacious, complimentary breakfast and dinner Only downside for me was it is inconvenient if you do not have a car. Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
rebecca
"Good stay on the Bay."
Located across freeway from Lake Merritt, Oakland. Comfortable beds, decent full breakfast. Some freeway noise. We'll return but will probably upgrade to bayside room next time.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
Pam
"Classic Homewood Suites"
Great value thanks to better than average breakfast. Also we typically get 1 room suite so we can separate our 3 year old and or 1-yr old. We made due this time with less space. The big negative for our stay was they did not have a rollaway crib as listed on the website. We had to purchase one at Target so our 9-month had a safe place to sleep.
5 night family trip May 23, 2013
"Not Hilton Standard"
This Hotel is not up to Hilton standards. Disappointed in quality of the building, service, food, and overall experience from a "so called" Hilton property.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"Excellent hotel"
Excellent from start to end. Huge rooms. Friendly staff. Nice location by the water. Should have more shops in the nearby vicinity. Besides that an superb stay.
2 night trip with friends May 2, 2013
olanten
"Bad Neighborhood, great place"
This hotel is not the most high end that you might encounter, but the rooms are above average, clean, and fully stocked with most of the upscale hotel amenities. Breakfast is hot and plentiful, although we had to wait for dishes to be washed in order to eat! The hotel is situated on a very run down frontage road directly next to a noisy freeway. The other side has well maintained lawns and a lovely walkway along the canal between Oakland and Alameda. I recommend paying the extra $10 or $20 to stay on the water side of the hotel. The hotel is close to everything if you can handle the neighborhood. We did see a security guard in the parking lot at night which made us feel that our car was safe. Great place, we will be back for stays in the bay area. It is a great value if, like I said, you can handle the hood.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2013
JS
"Breathtaking view of the docks"
I loved the room, the view from my room was awesome. The pool was open so we were able to enjoy the nice weather and the boats that were docked nearby was just amazing. I will definitely be coming back
2 night romance trip Apr 19, 2013
Shawnica
"An enjoyable stay at Home Suites on Embarcadero Bl"
Our 7-day stay by my wife and I and another couple were wonderful. Desk personnel were over the top courteous and pleasant, the rooms were clean and well managed, the food served during breakfast and dinner were more than expected and tasty. The van shuttle to and from Jack London Square was managed by very capable and courteous drivers. We look forward to visiting again and this time not necessarily for business.
7 night business trip Apr 8, 2013
"not a true homewood suites"
This property appeared more like an econolodge or stay America that had been redone as a Homewood. The suite layout was entirely wrong for the Homewood norm, with no seperaye bedroom for the king bed, a tiny overall layout, and much lower end decor throughout. The waterfront access is pretty and nice, but the pool closes seasonally, is small and not nice looking, as is the breakfast area. We would not stay here again. Also too far from surrounding restaraunts, etc.
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2013
traveling family
"Oakland... What can you do?"
When you stay at a Hilton property you can't help but have expectations. I think there is a fundamental issue with this hotel and the steps they need to take because of it's location. To me problem number one is the use of two buildings at this location. Because of the need for a more secure property, those of us who are relegated to the southern building are left feeling like we are in a minimum security prison. Things like having a pizza delivered to your room, finding a vending machine or running out to your car for the plug you need to charge your phone become more difficult than you hoped they would be. When I walked into the stalag even the musty smell made me feel like the sign on the front of the building was a a misprint. They seemed to have a lively group staying there that night. In fact the smell of the pakalolo wafting into my room made me think this was party central!
1 night trip Apr 11, 2013
Keith
"Nice Hotel near Oakland Airport and Bay Bridge"
Great staff, clean and comfortable hotel, terrific breakfast
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
Newer Hotel,Clean, Family Friendly, decent breakfast
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
"Well done"
We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the hotel and impressed with the food.
Other trip Mar 23, 2013
Greg
"worth the money"
This was an excellent place to stay. Large suites. Clean rooms. Right off the channel. Close to BART and within driving distance of most places. Breakfast was fresh with lots of choices. The only challenge we found was locating dinner restaurants within a reasonable distance that were at a reasonable price. Would stay here again.
3 night trip Mar 13, 2013
drue
The hospitality and friendliness were exceptional. The expanded hot breakfast buffet was quite good. Even the most discriminating eater or dieter will find something to eat with two kinds of eggs, biscuits, waffles , fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal. Stayed on the water side away from the freeway, which is right next to the hotel.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2013
"Great View of the Bay"
Very Pleasant
1 night trip Feb 23, 2013
not luxurious but certainly more than acceptable.
1 night trip Feb 1, 2013
Everything was great except for the road-side room, it was a bit noisy from all the traffic, but not terrible. Nice breakfast, friendly staff, clean and comfortable.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2013
"Oakland Trip"
We had a great stay, very comfortable right by the waterfront.
Other trip Jan 7, 2013
"The perfect suite room hotel for families"
There was a funk odor in hallways but otherwise was a perfect hotel for entire family. We won't go anywhere else. Go warriors!
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
Garcia's
Everlything good , but room was close to the main freeway . Some freeway noise.
1 night trip Nov 24, 2012
"awesome place to stay !"
My wife and I always stay here when we go into Oakland for the games . We love it!!
Other trip Nov 6, 2012
"Close to event location"
I loved staying here, late night walks on the pier was lovely. Nice and quiet at night when getting rest
Other trip Oct 6, 2012
Trinh
"Comfortable Stay"
We were very pleased with our stay at Homewood Suites. The room was clean and roomy. The stay was very courteous. Our stay included breakfast which was very good. Shuttle service is offered at no charge within a 2 mile radius of the hotel which is a convenient bonus. We would certainly stay at this location again if we ever get back to San Francisco.
3 night family trip Sep 7, 2012
Mary R
We chose the hotel because it was close to where my daughter lives. We enjoyed the convenience of the breakfast with its many choices of foods and the marina.
3 night trip Aug 24, 2012
Judy
"Great location for visiting San Francisco"
Great size room and location. The view and walk at the waterfront are great. The breakfast and happy hour are great. Located close to the Oakland Alameda Ferry for day visits to San Francisco. Cheaper than staying in San Francisco and free parking.
4 night trip Jun 12, 2012
"Non-smoking room filled with smoke"
We booked a non-smoking room and was put into one. Almost every night during our stay strong smoke would get in through the bathroom ventilation. Apparently someone next door was smoking. Called the front desk and confirmed it was a non-smoking floor. The answer to the complain was “will send security to check” but didn’t seem to help. The same scenario happened day after day until our check-out. The hotel either has poor nonsmoking policy, or didn’t have a way to enforce it.
5 night business trip Aug 12, 2012
"On the marina, close to Jack London Square"
We enjoyed our stay very much. Would definitely stay here again. Right on the Oakland Marina. Lots of complimentary services--shuttles to nearby sites, complementary parking, and full complementary breakfast buffet. Very friendly staff. Spacious room with refrigerator and microwave.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2012
Marilyn

"Great second home"
I've stayed in 5 star hotels around te world but when I visit my daughter in Oakland this is the only place I stay. Comfortable, clean and I love having a kitchen
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
Monique
"EXCELLENT HOTEL TO SEE SAN FRANCISCO AND NAPA ."
THE BREAKFAST WAS A BONUS. EASY ACCESS TO FREEWAY AND MUNUTES TO JACKLONDON SQUARE.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
"Nice location"
Every single thing was great except the wifi, very slow.
5 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
"good"
good condition but small room / clean room
2 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
YJ
"good"
review를 보고 기대가 컸던 것 같다. 방은 생각보다 좁았다.
3 night family trip Jun 6, 2014
YJ
"Nice place in San Francisco"
The hotel was excellent, clean, and had included breakfast and, during the week, diner as well. Waterfront is very nice also and the patio area, beside the pool, was very calm too. Even if the hotel is beside an highway, the Inside of the room was quiet (our room was facing the highway). On the other hand, if you do not have a car, it is not easy to move around. a bit far from the BART and, nothing much to do beside the hotel.
7 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2013
"Lovely surprise"
I was very impressed with this hotel and wish I could have stayed longer. It was a surprise to see such a pretty place in a city location, but the waterside view was well worth the extra few $$. I had two large sliding glass doors that opened to the view of the water with sailboats, and even a rowing team on Saturday morning! Breakfast was very good, and everyone was very helpful. I would certainly stay here again. Location close to the Oakland Coliseum was also a plus.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
MX
"Enjoyed our stay"
Staff were very friendly and helpful. The daily breakfast was handy, and the free dinner and alcohol Monday-Thursday was nice, though the quality of the dinner could be improved. Cleanliness of the room when we arrived was great. the reason I gave three stars to the comfort and cleanliness was due to a few things seeming slightly dated and older, and that there was a distinct cigarette smoke smell in the hallways. Further to comfort we were on the highway side of the building, so light sleepers could have some problem sleeping. Location was convenient to Jack London Square and Alameda with some good food. And there are a couple of good urban wineries very close by.
Other trip Feb 24, 2013