All hotels in Florence, Italy

Comfortable
    Bad internet service
    Poor vibe
"Delightful visit."
Excellent service; friendly and helpful. Wonderful to be within walking distance of the old town of Florence. Great breakfast. All in all a delightful stay.
3 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"Good place to stay"
Really nice hotel, and is in a very good location. easy access to almost everything. I took a taxi from the rail station, about 8-10 euros, worth it with the bags. Walking distance to almost all sites. Front desk staff is pretty nice, and helpful with directions etc. There is a grocery store/super market close to the hotel as well.
3 night trip Jul 20, 2015
Ok ,but i told them I had bad knees but they still gave me a room that. Had a flight of stairs . The staff was not that helpful all the time
Other trip May 18, 2015
pete
"I will stay at the same Hotel the next time."
Very satisfy with the room as per the attention, also I did enjoy the fact that there is almost no noise from the neighborhood. Finally I have to mention that the breakfast was good “buffet”
3 night romance trip Mar 24, 2015
manuel
"Very nice, great location"
The location is excellent, an easy 10 minute walk from the Santa Maria Novella train station with many restaurants, cafes and markets along the way. Also, easily walkable to major attractions in the historic section of Florence. The hotel is well maintained and clean. The room has adequate furnishings and we were provided more than enough generous sized towers. There is a towel heater in the tub as well. The Wi-Fi service in the room was strong and fast. The included breakfast was very nice with a good variety of breads, cereals, boiled eggs, etc. I would suggest the addition of fresh fruit, even just bananas. All of the staff were very polite and helpful. I have no complaints.
5 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Nice hotel about half a mile from train station."
Hotel was very pleasant due to the nice staff. We were near several trattorias which had reasonable meals. Near a park which was great during the day, but seemed to be a hangout for noisy teens at night. We had no problems walking at night. Walking distance to most attractions. We would love to stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"Old world charm not that charming"
The hotel is a good 12 minute walk from the train station. Very direct route. However, it is situated at the end of Piazza Independenzia, a very noisy piazza in the late evenings. Don't arrive late in the day or you will get the overflow room- a very small room. They moved us the next day with no problem because we complained that the air conditioning didn't work, which it did not. We slept with the window open (no screen) because of the heat. The next day we were moved to much bigger room (same decor, same no air conditioning working). We complained again, because the hotel advertised that it had air conditioning and the desk manager came to our room and told us that it was working, but it was not. After 4 nights of sleeping with the windows open, I am now the proud owner of about 25 mosquito bites. I never heard them because I was wearing ear plugs and an eye mask because of all the noise and the street light right outside my window. By the way, we were there the first of October (mosquito season I guess). Other than that, the hotel was okay. Breeakfast was ham,cheese, croissants, toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs, fruit, and many other packaged choices. They did have the most delicious hot chocolate machine (which made up for a lot of the other minor issues with the hotel). It was about a 15 minute walk to the Duomo, which is kind of the center of everything you need to get to on the north side of the river.
4 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Oaktree
Very clean room, convenient location, friendly staff and nice breakfasts. We enjoyed our stay.
3 night trip Apr 9, 2014
Olga
"Not bad"
The location is very good because it's close enough to walk to major Florence sites but in what feels like a neighborhood, next to a nice city square/park. It is generally a 3 star but they need to have at least one iron in the place. Staff varies from friendly to non-committal. Did not have the breakfast, which was not part of the hotel.com deal. Could imagine staying again but not likely.
5 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Decent place"
Wifi connection does not work inside hotel room. Rooms can be noisy. You can hear others above and next to you. Toilets flushing, faucet running, people talking, etc.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
The receptionists were very helpful and kind. The only problem with my room was its location , on forth floor , room N 310 . It was difficult to climb on on third + floor , under the roof with heavy baggage. There was no view from the window( view to boiling room`s door).This room was suitable only for sleeping.( once I return at 17;00 , it was very noisy , because of workers , sitting under my windows and smoking and talking loudly , and the housemaid, who was putting some stuff to housemaid`s closet with horrible noise. The breakfast was good .The place where the hotel was located was near to historical center of the city. Someday if I return to Hotel Malaspina , i would select an other room with good view.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Nice Hotel comfortable room with good breakfast"
Nice experience with good clean comfortable Hotel, good breakfast but the price is little high for the Hotel
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
Magdi
"Just Fine for the Price"
Just fine. Breakfast was OK. We walked from train and to most sights. The price was great.
3 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2014
Felix
We have had a very bad experience at this hotel at the beginning of our stay. The room we were offered at our arrival did not correspond to the photographs , one single bed and a campbed in a tiny room instead of twin beds or double bed whereas we had booked 4 months in advance and also paid in advance. We only got a more comfortable room on the day after because no other room available on the first night.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Convenient location"
Hotel was located on quiet street overlooking park w/view of Duomo. Great location - close to bus & rail stations and all the major sites within easy walking distance. Rooms were large but bathrooms small; difficult lighting to apply makeup etc.; mattresses should be upgraded. All in all these are minor inconveniences compared to price and location. I would stay again when in Florence.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Good central hotel in Florence."
The Malaspina was exactly what we were looking for, for our long weekend. Very central, meant we could walk to most of the sights, restaurants and shops. The facilities were probably a bit better than expected - good room, quiet, wifi, and an excellent continental breakfast. Staff were helpful, and other than a 3.50 Euro local tax per night - no surprises at checkout. We wouldn't hesitate to return.
2 night romance trip Feb 5, 2016
"All fine at the Malaspina and Donatello hotels"
When I arrived I was informed that due to a plumbing problem I would spend the first two nights in the hotel next door which was the Donatello. The hotel Donatello was fine and met expectations. The transfer to the Malaspina after two days went smoothly. The room allocated by the Malaspina met expectations of a three star room, plus the breakfast also met expectations. Just to add to the points above whilst there was not tea making facilities in the room coffee was provided by the hotel bar without further charge plus air conditioning was not required given the time of year. Overall the two rooms were of a three star standard and my stay was enjoyable.
4 night trip Nov 9, 2015
"Disappointing. You get what you pay for."
Positives. Great quiet location close to the station and all the sites. Staff on the whole OK. Breakfast good. Cheap. Not So Positives. Very tired hotel in all ways. Not the cleanest. Air conditioning not working in any of the rooms. Mosquito city so you can't open the windows. Fridge not nearly clean enough to consider using. To their credit they supplied an electric mosquito killer and offered to store stuff in their fridge but couldn't supply fans. Would pay more and stay elsewhere next time though.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
"Barely working Air Con - Staff didn't care"
It was well over 30 degrees in the day, so we hoped to come back to a cool bedroom. You could tell the aircon was on by the horrendous sounds it was making as it coughed warm, smelly air into our room. We asked about twice a day for something to be done - borrow a fan, get it fixed, move rooms - nothing was done. They continued to fob us off with lies about it being fixed soon. No sleep for three night. Not happy guests. Fortunately Italian coffee is good.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Joel
The hotel was in a good location and rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. Unfortunately there were a few aspects that let the hotel down. Firstly the air conditioning in our room was not adequate and when we raised this with reception they said that it was because it was too hot outside, however I don't think this was true because the hotel lobby was cool and so were all other shops and restaurants we visited in Florence. When having breakfast one morning the air conditioning unit dripped onto our table (fortunately not into our cereal!). This was one of a number of queries that we discussed with hotel staff and each time we were surprised by their lack of interest, they couldn't be bothered to look up from whet they were reading. They gave us incorrect answers or fobbed us off, making it seem that our question wasn't worthy of their time (they didn't replenish our shampoo/shower gel throughout the stay and we had to request it each time it ran out). The level of customer service was the worst we have received from a hotel. If you are lucky enough to have few interactions with the staff when staying here then the hotel is good value and well located but the attitude of the staff really lets it down.
3 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Close to the station and main sites. Good size room, very clean.
3 night trip Jul 2, 2015
Double bed is two singles put together. Very squeeky too. Internet was dial up speed and the connection dropped every 5 minutes. Room is quiet and was kept clean so I commend them on that. Staff at front werent very friendly. Overall wouldn't recommend.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Andre
"clean, comfy and streets from main attractions"
The hotel was as expected, clean, comfy and quiet on a budget, the hotel staff were friendly and helpful with good English skills.. Breakfast was limited in choice and repeated daily but all still fair for the cost.. And 2/3 streets away from the main city attractions all reachable by foot.
Other trip May 25, 2015
K
Great place to get sway from the crowds. Rate highly for style, cleanliness, comfort and staff. Recommend highly.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"brilliant location"
Don't miss the local micro brewery. A wonderful mix when including a traditional pizza oven and traditional Italian desserts made with beer!
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
suz
"Nice hotel across from a park with greenspace."
We got a little lost coming from the train station but were pleased to find our hotels location. Nothing to complain for the price we paid.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"Malaspina hotel"
We wanted a good value hotel that was clean and tidy and had helpful staff and we were not disappointed. It is in an excellent location, just 10 minutes walk from the cathedral. Rooms were clean and we couldn't really fault it - if we return to Florence we would be happy to return to this hotel.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Alan
"The little rustic room"
I chose the single room as I wanted a not so expensive rate but to experience a rustic Florence ambience. I was afraid about the comments on Tripadvisor about the mosquitos. There was one, but it didn't bother me at all. My choice was successful and I enjoyed that Florence feeling I wanted. Also the receptionists and other staff were very helpful.
3 night family trip Sep 6, 2014
"Visiting Florence"
The hotel was most convenient and we found ourselves able to walk to most sites we wanted to see. Staff were always very helpful. Buffet breakfast was excellent as was the breakfast decor. Room was clean, not large but comfortable, and washroom was kept clean. Bed good. Evenings restful and surprisingly quiet. Staff always at hand. Enjoyed our stay thoroughly.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Location very good, close to everything"
Enjoyed our stay at this hotel, the Wifi didn't work very well. Front desk people were very helpful.
4 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Ron and Dawn
"A place to shower and sleep only"
The hotel staff were very kind and helpful, and the breakfast was pretty good. I stayed in a single, and with my 2 bags there was not enough room to move. I had to step over my carry on to get to the bathroom. I was expecting a tub/shower- but it is just at very small shower. The water pressure was good, and the hot water was plentiful though. But relaxing in your room is not really an option. The bed is a twin, and kind of hard. They did give me a cup of tea in the lobby when I asked, and there is a mini bar fridge- so you can store some snacks you buy yourself. Overall, well worth the money.
4 night trip Jul 28, 2014
MX
"Value for money"
Hotel Malaspina is a perfectly adequate hotel for a short stay in Florence. It's situated fairly near the heart of Florence and very near the Galleria Academia. Our room was not too small and was well maintained with a nice bathroom, although the air con could have been a tad quieter. Breakfast wa typical continental fare but fresh and well stocked. Malaspina is value for money and recommended for a budget traveller.
4 night trip Jul 22, 2014
M George
"Nice hotel 10m. walk from station."
Hotel is situated 10 mins. from station and walking distance to all the cultural attractions in Florence. Dome only 12 mins walk away. Although very central, situated on edge of park in a very quiet area. Florence was very busy but still did not have any problems with noise in hotel. Breakfast was adequate but not very varied. Would stay here again as position made it very easy to get to trains and buses for trips around Tuscany. Very pleasant staff and overall our stay was also very pleasant.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Nice hotel quiet square"
A nice hotel on a quiet square. Room was very comfortable and the staff pleasant and helpful. Close to all the sites, the centre of Florence reached easily on foot within a 10 minute stroll. I would stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Gill
"great location"
about 15mins walk to the main train station. self laundry service nearby, easy to walk to attractions. big room, breakfast ok
3 night family trip Apr 6, 2014
kw
SG
"big room"
the room is quite big among all over stay in euro but there are bad small of the room. the reception don't always give you a great customer service; the brekkie is very simple compared to other hotels.
3 night romance trip Apr 10, 2014
"Florence Weekend"
Comfortable hotel, Staff helpful and polite, only downside was the hot water in shower which only dribbled out, Hotel offered a change of room
5 night romance trip Mar 12, 2014
"Comfortable Hotel"
The Hotel is well situated for the sites and museums. Its a good walk but easy to do.The breakfast was good and overall it was excellent value for money.There are nearby shops and places to eat. The reception desk was excellent and gave good advice and help when needed.They ordered a great pizza for 6 euro's when we could not get out.
4 night trip Mar 3, 2014
Geoff
"Convenient location. On a quiet square."
Nice hotel. Very comfortable. Easy to get to. Clean room. Really great bath and shower. Comfortable bed.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
It's a clean and well maintained hotel with good internet connection but our room and bathroom were small. Breakfast was barely acceptable.
5 night business trip Dec 10, 2013
"Lovely hotel"
10/15 mins walk from Santa Maria Nuvella and Duomo etc. Lovely hotel really well maintained - room spotless. A lovely big room and very comfortable. Good breakfast. Reasonably quiet and very easy to get to all the sights one wishes to see and to stations - bus and train.
5 night trip Oct 24, 2013
MaryH
"Brilliant location"
Excellent location for train station, historic centre and near to plenty of trattoria. Perfectly adequate breakfast with plenty of choice. Double room was spacious and quiet even though on a road front. The park in front of the hotel is pleasant and is a buffer to the busier parts of town. Would definitely stay there again!
4 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2013
Rosa
"Room was exceptionally small"
The standard room was the smallest I have ever seen the breakfast was very limited selection. The location was good. Easy 15 minute walk from the train station. In talking with people. Who stayed at nicer places in better locations this was expensive.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"muy bien"
Todo bien excepto que nos falto una remera pero el dueño se hizo cargo y nos dio el dinero
3 night romance trip Mar 26, 2016
UY
"aceptable"
Hotel Viejo , pero cumple con todo lo necesario, por su precio es aceptable
3 night romance trip Mar 3, 2016
Eduardo
MX
"Enkelt och bekvämt"
Små men tillräckligt bekväma rum och oerhört bra ljudisolerande fönster. Hjälpsam personal som utan omsvep skickade upp extra filtar och ordnade fram te på obekväma tider. Definitivt prisvärt. Minus för att wifi var oerhört långsamt och för att de trots att vi bodde i dubbelrum med två enkelsängar inte kunde ordna varsin rumsnyckel åt oss. Frukosten var duglig men imponerade inte. Kan definitivt tänka mig att bo här igen om de snabbar upp internet.
3 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2016
SE
Dejlig by at gå rundt i
3 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
Niels
DK
"Nous n'y retournerons pas"
Accueil froid a l'arrivée. ,mais le pompon c'est la serveuse du petit déjeuner, pas de bonjour ,fait son travail les yeux baissés, nous ignore ,mène sa salle du petit déjeuner à la baguette . Chambre très petite ainsi que le lit dans un coin contre le mur. Beaucoup de moisi dans la douche. La seule chose de bien côté cour le calme. Taxe de séjour chère 42 € pour 6 nuits obligatoirement payée en espèces .
6 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Norbert
FR
"Malaspina** ☺"
gayet memnuniyet verici bir konallamaydı.Teşekkürler. ..
3 night business trip Sep 27, 2015
Hamide Filiz
TR
Mitarbeiter, die sich beim Check-in gestört fühlt und ein Frühstücksraum im Keller ohne Fenster. Gelegentlich wurden auch die Zimmer aufgeräumt.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015