All hotels in Southfield, Michigan, United States of America
25100 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI, 48075, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Rather comfortable
    Breakfast is average
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Dirty
"Not again!"
The hotel has an expedient location on M-10. The parking lot and walkways were inadequately shoveled after a snowfall. It was a dangerous sheet of ice. The furniture appeared very cheap and dated. The front desk personnel were impersonal. The wallpaper in the bathroom was coming loose in places. There were hints of mildew in the shower grout. The location was fine for highway access. The free breakfast and WiFi were good bonuses. It would be fine, except for the appearance of being a bit dirty. I will not stay there again.
2 night business trip Jan 10, 2016
"Worst Holiday Inn experience ever"
It started with the arrival at a somewhat questionable neighborhood but then again it's Detroit and not really the hotel's fault. It continued with a very interesting check in to say the least. The clerk was in the middle of an argument with again some questionable people who were not able to present a valid credit card and insisted paying cash at departure without any deposit. Next I had to witness another heated debate from somebody requesting a refund for a room he had booked wrong on the 3rd party website. At this point I felt bad for the clerk but started to wonder why this hotel attracts so many "interesting " people. I kept wondering when I had to sign additional cleaning fee policies and additional credit card holdings despite everything being paid upfront. When I finally got to the room I started to understand. The carpet was soaking wet, the AC very noisy, the guest book was plundered with no information about Wifi code, the phone was broken and since the front desk was always understaffed I ended up without Wifi the whole weekend. The pool officially opened 6 am but still by 10 am the mess from the last night wasn't cleaned up and no towels were available. I also noticed algae growth in the pool, not sure how that is even possible considering there were signs of chlorine use. The room was only surface cleaned but looking more careful I discovered dirt in the corners. Positives: breakfast
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Lars
"Falling down bathroom ceiling."
Well our visit started out ok. Well until we got to our room. My 5 year old daughter who very desperately needed to use the bathroom quickly ran for the bathroom only to slip on water on the floor. I then look up to see that the ceiling was cracked and leaking. Not just a little Crack either. The part above the shower had a hole and the rest was severely cracked the whole width of the bathroom. We later find plaster pieces in the tub. Fresh obviously or they don't clean there tubs you pick which. The pool was so cloudy and and unfiltered you could not see the bottom 2 steps. We had to track someone down to get towels. And then they only brought enough for us and not enough for others. When we called down to the desk later that night to ask if they had a dryer for guests to use the lady responds with I don't know if they do I am just filling in sorry and hung up. The breakfast was old and crusty and cold. And to top off the weekend we come back from dinner and the hallway stinks of rotten marajuana and not just from 1 room either.. Nice place to take your kids. NOT..So much for non smoking hotel..
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
It was good stay ididnt find any problems checking in and good location and clean i will stay at this hotel next time when iam in Detroit
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
Ahmed
The hotel was in really ragged condition. Parking lot had potholes. My entire floor smelled like body odor and the hotel room itself felt dirty and low quality. There was also a super loud buzzing sound 24/7 that I couldn't identify. Never have I felt so weary about touching remotes, alarm clocks, phones, etc. in a hotel room before. The front desk were awesome, but the hotel itself was just not worth it. The room was big though, so I guess there's that?
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
"Unsatisfied"
I booked 3 rooms at this hotel for family members. All had a terrible experience.
1 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2015
EARLENE
"great access to Detroit area"
large pleasant room , quiet area with nearby food options. Best is location with easy access to/from anywhere in Detroit area
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
"Bed Bug Infested"
I arrived to the hotel late at night on the 15 May, i stayed in room 334, worked till 5 am, and slept from 5 to 9, had a shower and left the room for my meeting, as I walked out of my room I noticed that room service was cleaning the room next door, greeted them and left to return on 2:00 pm to find out that they didn't clean the room. Slept from 2-6 pm and left the room, when I came back i sat on the desk and worked till 2 am, as i Was going to bed a large bed bug was sitting on the pillow, i killed it immediatly leaving a large line of blood, then i started looking below the sheets, and discovered two mid size bugs, and a lot of eggs, the matress was dirty. I had a hot shower, gathered my cloths and dumped them in trash, infront of the front desk, and demanded that the manager calls me. I left to go back home on 5 am, the manager called and he was rude enough to deny that his hotel had bed bugs i sent him the photos that i took, but he wasn't convinced. Hotels.com didn't help in gettign the issue resolved, as they already taken their share of the booking, they only offered a 100 USD Voucher as a compensation, which i didn't accept, as it is nothing in compare to the fact that i lost around 300 USD worth of cloths, and didn't get a sleep that night, and no appology
2 night business trip May 14, 2015
Mohanad
They were very helpful n friendly,especially Ann!!! She was a lovely hearted woman.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Quiet & Comfortable, very nice staff.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"Disappointing Stay"
The hotel appears to be over due for renovation. The suites sofa, chair and walls had stains on them. The room showed much wear and tear. The bathroom was good. At times there is no staff at the check in desk to great arrivals or answer phone calls.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"ok stay"
The only problem was there were too many parties happening there and the maintenance guy was very rude
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Stay"
STayed for 5 nights for business. Convenient location. Clean and orderly facilities. Comfortable stay!
5 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
Carl
"Very Comfortable"
Excellent stay
1 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
Tamyka
"horrible"
the place was noisy and there were children running in the hallway people fighting and the police were called same like a hotel for a bunch of unruly teenagers left alone
2 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Neldie
"Michigan holiday inn"
The hotel was nice and the breakfast was good.
3 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
mike
"Unpleasant"
The room needs to be cleaned thoroughly. Walls & carpet dirty/dusty. I was on the 2nd floor & the guest above allowed their child to stomp throughout the room. I was there on business & had to be up at 5am. I had to change rooms to get some rest.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Hde"
It was ok nothin special
1 night business trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great place to stay if you need space and value"
This hotel is clean, with a friendly staff, the HI Express hot breakfast (probably the best free breakfast in the hotel business), and decently appointed. The location is extremely convenient, as it's adjacent to the Lodge freeway. The walls are well soundproofed, and with the door closed to our bedroom we did not hear any hall noise despite being right across the hall from the elevator. It's not luxurious, but it's a great spot and our only complaint was that they closed breakfast early one morning so we missed it, but the space was great and allowed our nieces plenty of room to play. I would recommend staying here.
2 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
"Very nice!"
Very nice . I like the setting and how the bedroom is apart from the front room. Very roomee!
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
The pool could have been cleaner. I also requested a handicap room with two beds at the time of the reservation, but had to work to get correct room after arrival. Otherwise stay was perfect. I plan to stay there again.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Dawnkins
"OK, but loud"
OK for an older limited service hotel. A little dirty, and some carpet worn, but still ok. hotel is loud however, with thin walls and floors. I could hear neighbors speaking and walking around, They also inexplicably play music at entrance to hotel, which I could hear in my room all night long.
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
KC
My kids had a wonderful time
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
kim
"Wonderful Stay"
My stay was great. Clean rooms, courteous employees, generous choices for breakfast. Perfect location for me. Unfortunately, Evergreen is under construction, so to travel East, we had to go out of our way. Otherwise, perfect.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
It was nice besides room service coming into are room to clean with all of our stuff there when we left to the store
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
carlisa
I have stayed here on numerous occasions. I have never been disappointed. The rooms are always clean & the beds are very comfortable. I will definitely be back. I didn't get a chance to have the breakfast this time but I have had it before & was pleased.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
"Good choice for Southfield ."
Comfortable for Southfield. Suites are spacious. Well equipped bathroom for this class. multiple options to eat on walking distance. However carpets are not maintained well.
Other trip May 17, 2014
babu
Staff were helpful and friendly. Furniture in room was comfortable but needed cleaned. Air/furnace unit needed some work, could not get the room to cool down.
2 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2014
Eugene
"close to hwy"
great and quiet
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
dav
Breakfast was poor. Light bulbs in room were not all working and only had one lamp working - and it wasn't close to the bed. Getting to the hotel is a little tricky.
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2014
"Close to family"
This hotel was adequate and staff was friendly. However, it's a bit "worn" and seemed to not be maintained very well. There was a lot of snow, and whoever plowed the parking lot did a terrible job, resulting in difficulty parking and backing up. The sidewalks weren't shoveled and were slippery. The next morning, lobby floors were still full of salt from the night before. All this tells me that management does not really care about the customers.
4 night trip Feb 6, 2014
Kate
"Nikki Southfield"
Holiday Inn is clean , staff is friendly, conveniently located near I- 696 and nice romantic get away spot!
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2014
Nikki
"Bright lights all night and noisy."
The staff was wonderful, but the room was not the greatest.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
"Something changed"
I've stayed at this hotel with my family before, and I think it must have undergone a change in management. I like that the rooms are suites--with small children, it helps having a second room--and that there is a decent sized refrigerator. However, things did not seem as clean, and the breakfast left something to be desired. The price is generally good, but I think I would pay $10 more a night to stay at the Embassy Suites.
3 night trip Dec 5, 2013
Jay
"Dirty room"
The bathroom was dirty, with hair on the floor. Carpet was filthy and I had to keep my shoes on.
1 night trip Oct 27, 2013
Kate
"Nice holiday inn express"
It was nice there. I especially liked the way the room were set up we have a separate living area other than the bedroom. So we could relax while the kids played in the other room.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Acceptable"
The breakfast cook was genuinely friendly and attentive.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Ace
"ok for the price"
Generally a clean property but could use some freshening up. Room completely lacked any decorating, and was not overly appealing to the eye.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2013
Andre
"Do not recommend"
This hotel is gross, with gross clientele in a gros neighborhood. Elevator was filthy and never vaccumed, the breakfast was not worth the price, which was FREE! There are no good restaurants around unless you like eating at a dirty TGI Fridays that blares loud rap music so loud that you can't have a conversation. Also, there were food streaks on our walls that weren't cleaned off. There were loud kids running up and down the halls knocking on doors and the walls are so thin I could hear the loud annoying lady next door screaming at the television. Overall, I highly do NOT RECOMMEND!
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
"Close to class at AIAG building"
Friendly staff. Clean Toilet could have flushed better. Would have liked a regular lounge chair in the room. Kitchen was nice, but kind of don't need the cabinets waste of money and space taken...would rather have a chair or sofa to sit on. Restaurants were good and close. I would stay here again if need be.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2013
SUSAN FROM OHIO
"A quality hotel stay."
The pool was clean and open until 11. Breakfast was the standard "Continental". This is one of the nicer ones in the Southfield area for bringing the family for a business trip.
1 night trip Feb 13, 2013
J

"It was ok for a night stay"
This hotel is prefect if you would like a suite with a queen sofa bed. If you don't need the sofa bed, you shouldn't be staying here since for the price you have a lot of other choices.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
mousejunior
"not that comfortable"
It wasn't too clean and breakfast was disappointing.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Good for business"
Worked well for a business trip. Would stay there again.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013

"조용하고 아늑한"
숙소 근처는 깔끔하고 위험한 분위기를 연출하는 곳도 없어서 좋았습니다. 내부 인터리어가 좀 오래된 느낌을 가지고 있지만, 몇일정도 투숙하기에 좋은 곳입니다. 다운타운이나 근처 쇼핑몰을 가기에도 위치적으로 좋았습니다.
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
JONGWON
KR
"Excelente hotel"
Ha cumplido mis expectativas en su totalidad. Personal muy amable, además la suite es muy espaciosa, cómoda y limpia.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
ES
"sauber Hotel. Freundlich staff. Frühstuck ist gut."
Hotel ist einfach zu errichen in Southfield nahe Detroit.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014