All hotels in Augusta, Georgia, United States of America

Decent vibe
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
"Partridge Inn Review."
Very nice hotel. Lots of character. Not very cooperative when it comes to late check out.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2016
"Partridge in the fall."
Amazing staff and beyond amazing food
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
Debbie
We were not able to stay at the hotel because it was advertised as handicapped accessible but it was not. In order to get into the hotel with someone in a wheelchair, there was a small parking area that had a narrow walk way to the hotel. We were carrying a small trailer and had to park on the other side of the hotel. We had to push the chair down a car ramp that lead to a hill. Then we had to push her all the way around to the other side of the hotel. How the ADA approved this is amazing to me.
5 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Priscilla
"Successful Renovation...."
This hotel is part of the restoration of the Summerville neighborhood in Augusta. Elegant interiors, friendly, upbeat staff, a new French chef who came by way of New Orleans, and a location near downtown but in the most elegant and stable residential district in the city. A great addition to the Hilton Curio Collection hotels.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
John A
"Nice place!"
A beautiful property that was close to where I needed to be.
3 night business trip Nov 30, 2015
"Awesome"
Wonderful stay.I
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
Regina O'conner
"Want to like Partridge Inn"
We just stayed for 2 nights at The Partridge Inn for the second time, first time in middle of June, 2015. They were doing a great deal of construction and we gladly accepted a little entry challenge. We had dinner at the inn and enjoyed it very much. Then we stayed November 19-21. We had a very disapointing dinner. The goat cheese appetiser was delicious. Our entre's were not good. My husband had a pasta dish with chicken. It was dry and cold. My salmon had a huge doze of canned whole tomatoes dumped on top, Next night my husband had nacho chips with a cheese that he described as probably velveta.
Other trip Nov 22, 2015
Ingepige
Comfortable stay. Fumbling front of house staff due to computer (home office) server problems.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
"No southern hospitality here."
I booked on Expedia, and had to extend my stay by 1 day after I booked so I had to make 2 reservations and made them for the same room type (king). The hotel told us Expedia made an error on 1 reservation. The hotel was unwilling to accommodate and let us stay in the king room even though the error was not my fault, I had a confirm for a king room, and I explained I was in town to have surgery and would have booked elsewhere for the king bed. the king was important for comfort following surgery. The manager, with attitude, told me she had a room, but because I didn't pay for a king room for 1 night, she wouldn't put me in a king room. I had a confirmation that showed I booked and paid for a king room. When Expedia called the manager 5 min later to try to work it out, she told the rep that she didn't have a king room! Expedia refunded my money. We were also told when we checked in that no king rooms were available until 3pm the next day. We saw people checking into king rooms on our fl at noon. And after surgery, we asked the shuttle driver if the hotel had a microwave that I could heat soup in, he said many rooms have micros to just ask the front desk. When we asked, the same young girl who checked us in told us there were no microwaves in the hotel! We asked the housekeeper on our floor and she brought a microwave to us! The front desk girls and the manager lacked professionalism, the concept of customer services, and integrity.
Other trip Nov 9, 2015
"Georgia Regents Univ. visit"
Nice Hotel with large modern rooms. They could not find my reservation upon check-in. Once in room I made one call to Hotels.com and all was resolved per original agreement. Would stay again.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2015
Front desk personnel never seem to have a clue where to find a reservation, even if you tell them your name and where you booked from. (which website, for example) Room was a bit overpriced, considering the construction.
Other trip Nov 6, 2015
"Much better since Hilton took over"
Wi fi was poor but room was nice and spacious with new beds and appointments.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
"HAD SECOND THOUGHTS BUT DID IT ANYWAY"
A FOR EFFORT ON REMODEL- MY ROOM (SUITE) WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR THE BEST USE OF AREA NO ICE BUCKETS OR ICE MACHINES ACCESSABLE BREAKFAST WAS GOOD 1 ST MORNING 2ND MORNING WAS HORRIBLE WALLS MUST VERY THIN COULD HEAR PEOPLE IN HALL TALKING
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
MIKIE
"The renovations should have included new staff."
The whole experience was off from the get go. During renovations, online reservations were not possible. The staff was uninformed about the wedding for the weekend we needed a room and wouldn't book us in the room block over the phone. I was finally able to make a reservation on Expedia 4 days before my trip. I have never paid for a hotel room up front and thought this was a little weird but now I know why. The staff was terrible. Rude, always chatting about inappropriate things at the check in desk. Did not send up an air mattress as requested - twice in person and twice on the phone. Took almost two hours to have someone come fix the standing water in our shower. Made the groomsman in our room late for wedding day festivities. After two hours it was finally offered to shower across the hall. Shower was also not fixed as the next day the same thing occurred. I wasn't able to speak to a manager because there was never one available. The restaurant staff served only half of the rehearsal dinner menu until we started asking questions. Breakfast was impossible to get between 10:00 and 11:00 as a "transition period" occurred. I've never been told I can't order food on a Sunday morning. I also had issues with a guest staying in my room. She was held at the front desk after the wedding by security and questioned because she did not have her room key with her. I've never heard of this. I will not recommend this hotel. Hilton should be embarrassed to have their name on this property.
Response by The Partridge Inn Augusta, Curio Collection by Hilton
Good morning, I am very sorry for your experience this past weekend. As we move towards the end of our renovations we have made a great deal of changes to our training program and continue to do so in order to be in line with our brand. I hope that you will come back to see the final product and contact me personally on your next visit. Sincerely, Lloyd Van Horn
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
Alli
"Lovely historic hotel with a modern feel."
My mom, sister, and I stayed three nights and were amazed at the level of customer service received from hotel staff and contractor's performing renovations. Everyone we encountered greeted us with a smile and warm greeting. The hotel appears to be in its last phase of a major renovation however, it didn't impact our stay at all. It was quiet throughout our stay and the construction workers we encountered were as polite and welcoming as the hotel staff. One of them (David) assisted us in transitioning to an upgraded room when we decided the initial room we reserved wouldn't be enough room for the three of us. He absolutely refused all gratuities offered which is unheard of in today's times. This shows everyone's commitment to provide the best possible client experience. Kudos to the Partridge Inn, you have a selection of people who know a thing or two about client service. Hats off to you too David, you're a special individual. Thank you
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
Monica
"Check in promptly or forfeit your room..."
Our actual check in time was a later than most, as we didn't arrive at the hotel until after 6:00 pm. Was very excited about this particular hotel, the history, and the beauty, but was extremely disappointed with customer service. I reserved, and paid the surcharge for a room with a balcony, but didn't receive a room with a balcony. When i questioned the receptionist at the front desk about how to resolve the issue I was promptly directed to take it up with the third party who I reserved through. I will admit, I read prior reviews about this particular hotel before confirming my reservation, and PI seems to be notorious for this behavior. I was really hoping, this was just a false accusation, but sadly it is not.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
meghan
My visit was to attend the Annual Jessye Norman School for the Arts Fundraiser held at the Maxwell Theater on the campus of the local college a few blocks from the Partridge Inn. The history of Augusta was an experience, and the hospitality of the citizens and surrounding commercial area great. I was pleased to be in the hometown of musician James Brown and so many other accomplished artists.
Response by The Partridge Inn Augusta, Curio Collection by Hilton
Thank you so much for staying with us and giving us your comments. We love the history of Augusta and glad that you did as well. We hope to see you again very soon. Sincerely, Lloyd Van Horn
2 night business trip Oct 10, 2015
JAMES
"Facelift almost complete"
Going through facelift, but hotel had a bad smell, especially my room will try again. I stay there 90% of my Augusta visits.
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2015
Dennis J
"nice!"
Quiet and comfortable
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2015
"Another wonderful stay at Partridge"
Perfect
Response by The Partridge Inn Augusta, Curio Collection by Hilton
Thank you very much for staying with us. Perfect is very hard to improve on but please come and see us again so that you can see our finished renovation at the end of October. Sincerely, Lloyd Van Horn
2 night business trip Oct 1, 2015
Debbie
They gave us a key to a room that was already occupied. Not good.
Response by The Partridge Inn Augusta, Curio Collection by Hilton
Good afternoon, Thank you for your comments, we have used them to continue our training. I hope that you will come and see us again. Sincerely, Lloyd Van Horn
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"Decent"
Great hotel and really nice modernized rooms. Beautiful comfortable beds. All service by the hotel was great with the exception of the restaurant. Took forever to get dinner Saturday night and could tell the food had been left warming for quite some time. Other than the restaurant-great place-just dont eat there.
3 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Martin
"Sweet times, sipping Sweet Tea a must stay hotel."
Hotel & staff AMAZING. I had read some not so favorable reviews for hotel & neighborhood, I was concerned. It is undergoing reno, & way to modern decor in a cheap way. Furnishings looks like overstock.com, w/ items that do not lend to the period at all + are not commercial grade & will need to be replaced in a year. I would expect more from a Hilton. Classic modern, with touches of the past lend itself better. As an interior designer/ architect staying at a run of the mill hotel or motel will not do when this type of treasure is around. Rooms are small but fine I would suggest the rooms with a balcony for a more spacious feel and a chance to enjoy the outdoors, you can order room service which was very speedy and delicious, with the most sweet & friendly staff of any staff from any hotel. The food was a true tribute to southern cooking. Sunday brunch = YUM. Grab a drink and sit out on the wrap around sitting porch and enjoy the era of bygone times. The penthouse rooftop deck is a must see in the day & night as the view is stunning. The neighborhood while I may not go walking in it at night felt perfectly safe & make sure to take a drive through the surrounding neighborhoods to enjoy the architecture and style that Augusta has to offer with its antebellum style estates and even smaller homes, which I would love to own a 120 year old home there.
3 night business trip Sep 19, 2015
Debbie

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Under renovation"
Unfortunately the hotel was undergoing renovation while we were there. The bar had been moved to the penthouse, which was great, but would be moved back to the 2nd floor when work had finished. Reception staff did not tell us where anything was and there was no hotel information in the room. However the room was lovely and the bed extremely comfortable. Overall a good experience.
Response by The Partridge Inn Augusta, Curio Collection by Hilton
Good morning, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. As we finish our renovations and training we would love to have you back to see the final product. Because of such an overwhelming response to the Penthouse bar we will most likely keep using it when the weather permits. Sincerely, Lloyd Van Horn
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
Derek

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

1 night family trip Oct 14, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for The Partridge Inn

"Southern Charm"
05/04/16 Chris G
2nd time staying here (recommend by a friend). I just love this place. Don't expected large rooms, but do expect small southern charm in the middle of Augusta, GA. Staff is quite engaging (although have experienced a few odd characters). Usually priced well and HHonors are welcome.
"Very Nice Following Now that the Renovations are Complete"
05/04/16 Jon S South Carolina
I had previously written a poor review of this hotel due to the fact that it was under renovation and I was never notified ahead of time. I decided to give it another try last week and I was very happy I did. I had 2 guests from out of town and they agreed that the hotel was very nicely done. The rooms were large and very comfortable. The bar (and bartender) were outstanding. Sitting out on the enormous porch and enjoying a drink was very satisfying. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others as well.
"A nice little gem"
05/02/16 Kevan C Tampa, United States
This is a terrific old historic style in with a good location. When you arrive, if you automatically drive into the rear lot there are only stairs to access the lobby so drop off first is you need to. Parking in the rear is plentiful. We had a meeting here and the set up was on time and well done and while the front desk did not know about it, the folks in the restaurant area were well aware and ready. I also stayed one night and the rooms was terrific (no view but for one night that is OK). The TV remote did not work but was fixed very quickly. We also had dinner here and service was great as was the food. The shared vegetable platter was delicious and huge! Service at the bar later was also friendly - thanks Tripp. Did have one issue in that they billed me for a breakfast which I did not have and was added to my bill after check out. I heard from others that billings is often an issue here so do watch out for that and check. However they fixed it right away when I called.
"This could be an awesome hotel!"
05/02/16 Marie W Columbia SC
My family and I booked several rooms at the Partridge Inn to attend my son's engagement party. While the location was within 2 miles of the party, and that was a factor in picking it, we also had read about the history and 'old days grandeur' of this hotel. The location was indeed perfect; the hotel management left something to be desired. Checking in on Saturday involved wait times of one to two hours past check-in times to get into a room; in all cases, no apologies, no offer of drink vouchers, or breakfast vouchers. The rooms themselves were adequate, but the laminate flooring seemed to buckle in several places and the a/c unit, in a closet near the bed, was quite noisy. The valet/bell staff/shuttle staff were outstanding, and I would give them kudos for always going above and beyond. The bar was busy but fun on Saturday night, but Sunday morning breakfast was very disorganized and hot food was available only sporadically. I would probably stay here again under the same circumstance, but there is so much potential here that it seems very disappointing that they aren't even trying to be great!
"Modern and historic"
05/01/16 Anne H Santa Rosa, United States
The Partridge Inn is a lovely historic building updated with a modern look and feel. All the staff are friendly and accomodating from the front desk staff, security, housekeeping and bar staff. We very much enjoyed our three day stay.
"Nostalgic feeling, friendly staff nice beds , great food stood top barthat is great , if you want a step back in time th"
05/01/16 S146YDtracyh 4141 rt 215 Eastspringfield pa 16411
Great place ,the food and staff where friendly , room are cozy nice beds , they have a roof top bar that has a great view , I would do it again easy to get a ride down town, and they have a good menu ,
"Beautiful property"
04/30/16 Richelle P Wilmington, United States
We were travelling for business but decided to take a night for ourselves. This is a beautiful property. The staff was all very helpful and pleasant. We decided to eat at the hotel restaurant. Food was delicious! And the bartender was attentive and entertaining. I would definitely stay here again if passing through your area.
"Beautiful hotel at a great price"
04/27/16 488caitlynp
I was impressed with this hotel in every aspect. The rooms were reasonably priced, clean, and comfortable. The pool was relaxing and there were plenty of lounge chairs to lay out on with towels provided. The fitness center has very nice treadmills! On Saturday night they opened the bar in the penthouse on the roof, complete with a fire pit and gorgeous views. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Parking was easy and free. Overall, a wonderful experience! This hotel exceeded my expectations.
"Charming Excellent Experience!!!"
04/26/16 ILove2Travel1944 Roseville, California
My sister & I stayed at the Partridge Inn in Augusta for 6 days for the SF Giants minor league, the Augusta GreenJackets season opener... The rooms were spotlessly clean & the beds were like sleeping on a cloud.... Clarence at the front desk, Arthur bellman, & valet, Carol, Janey & Candice in the restaurant, these employees were exemplary in answering our questions and attending to our needs! The hotel was quiet and was conveniently located. Order their "surf & turf" for dinner, fried chicken or BLT with fried green tomatoes for lunch... Would order everyday if I could!!!! Yummy Our first experience having grits... fantastic.... Having valet service was a huge bonus! We loved the history of this building and hope to visit again very soon... Thank you all for making our trip to Augusta a memorable one!
"Quaint and quirky"
04/25/16 Tasha K Minneapolis, United States
The hotel is very cute and quaint hotel. It has lot's of personality and charm. There are some oddities that come along with an old property (sloping floors and inoperable windows) but the staff is very nice and accommodating and the lobby, restaurant, pool and wrap around balconies are nice ammenities.