All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America

"Centrally located for Mardi Gras parades!"
Courteous staff, quiet interior, but swinging bathroom doors make privacy impossible.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
KathyMc
"Mardi Gras"
We had a nice stay at the AC. The bed and bedding is comfortable. Great location, quiet street. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
angela
""Tennesseans in Nawlins 4 Mardi Gras""
I actually liked this hotel, as I didn't think I would due to the recent reviews about their service,etc. Its been renovated and has more of a contemporary setup which I think was really beautiful for the area and the price we paid($199 a night).I must admit you are just a couple blocks up from the parades and downtown festivities. Valet runs about $34+ taxes per night. The only problem I experienced was when I arrived a "newby" was checking me in and failed to notice that my booking was PAID IN FULL.I actually had to go back to the car and get the receipt so adhere to this and have your paperwork ready upon arrival. She got assistance from an experienced co-worker who took care of it.The other problem I experienced was after I checked out, it took them over an hour to bring me my car and the parking garage is a few steps up the walk from the hotel. That gave me the assumption someone may have been "joyriding" in my car. After a rant and rave and harassment to the staff, he finally pulled up.... Nevertheless, I still enjoyed the cleanliness of the room and hotel in general.
2 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015
stacie
"mardi gras 2015"
we had a fabulous time.... location is where its at... staff was great...everythong was perfect.. will rebook for next mardi gras...
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
jody
"Beautiful & convenient, but not without its shortcomings"
We booked a room at the AC Hilton, last minute, when our previous accommodations for Mardi Gras didn't work out. When we arrived, we were greeted promptly & the staff could not have been more friendly & helpful! I was shocked that they were able to meet our request for a corner room, with a view on a higher floor! The lobby and bar area were beautiful & bartenders were quick and courteous! The rooms can be somewhat on the smaller side (this was an old office building, hence the recommendation we took from other reviews, to request a corner room). The only downside of our visit (and it's a pretty big one, unfortunately) was the disorganization of housekeeping. After our first night of our stay, the room was not cleaned when we returned from visiting the city. Housekeeping promptly knocked and informed us that it was their last room to clean. We obliged & told her that the basics would do. She was very friendly & accomodating. However, after our second night & being gone all day, we again returned to an unmade room, with the exception of a stack of towels being left on our sink! We called the front desk, and a couple rushed up to tend to us, but it was late & very frustrating to once again, have them do the bare minimum. Overall, this is a beautiful hotel, and we would consider staying again when in NOLA. Just be aware of staying on the housekeeping & LOUDLY complaining the first incident you have!
3 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Todd
"AC Hotel --Nice place to stay"
Location in the middle of the city, nice and clean, staff are friendly, only thing is the WIFI not available in my room, so I have to stay in the lobby to get on line.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
mary
"Reasonable place - but only at a good price"
+'s : Great location, room was actually very nice; appeared clean; breakfast complimentary; parking close by at a good price; free wifi worked; good room price available online -'s : building is a construction site so is messy and noisy; hot water service was intermittent at best - cold showers one morning; some of the staff seemed disinterested in their jobs; breakfast (while complimentary) was marginal and not restocked as it became depleted. Hopefully, the great price I got for this 3* hotel was because the management recognise that it is far from an optimal service and product they are providing. You would not want to pay 'full rack rate' for this property in the state that it is in.
3 night family trip May 28, 2014
Tony
The hotel may be better after renovations but even the carpet was not clean and it was not tighten to the floor. As I walked down the hallway my luggage felt as if it was going over speed bumps.
1 night trip May 21, 2014
"Proximity is everything!"
They currently have construction going on as Marriott bought them out, but the location is great. Mattress is ok, not great.
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2014
Timmy
"Could have been above average"
Upon arriving the front desk notified us the entire hotel was out of hot water for the weekend due to maintenance. Guest were told the water was room temperature - warm which was entirely untrue. Water was cold! No alternatives or gestures were offered for inconvenience. There was also remodeling going on which started at 8am the entire weekend that woke us up way to early after a night out on Bourbon Street. I would recommend people stay away until renovations are complete and hot water is restored.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"Great location! Stay here when reno is done!"
This hotel is 2 blocks off Bourbon and within walking distance of streetcar and anything in French Quarter you would like to see. When we stayed, it was under MAJOR construction by Marriott. There was "sporadic" hot water, which we learned meant none. Thank goodness we were here for only 2 nights. 2 cold showers are enough for me! The room was clean except the shower curtain was nasty. They were renovating too floors and hadn't gotten to our floor yet so I'm assuming it will be freshened up with the reno. The room was large and comfy enough. The pool was also closed due to the renovations. I would stay here again as soon as this construction is done and the hotel is back to working order.
Lindsay
"NO HOT WATER"
Had to take COLD showers and baths. No hot water and they were remodeling the building. NASTY!!!
"Inconvenient"
The hot water did not work cool showers.
1 night trip May 20, 2014
Tyra
"No water"
I understand that the hotel is going through a major renovation and can respect that, however, I was made to feel like a criminal. I was there on the previous night and plans changed. It was late and I didn't feel like searching for a new place and even passed on a better deal. Anyway, I arrived back at the cotton exchange fairly late, around 1am. I checked in and settled in. Check out is 11am, no problem or so I thought...I disrobed and prepared to shower around 1030am or so. The water was a bit slow and lukewarm at best! Considering the time factor, I decided to go ahead with the shower. Imagine my dismay when the trickle of water stops! Thankfully, I had not lathered up or tried to wash my hair(luckily, I'm bald). I got out of the shower and proceeded to pack since I couldn't shower. Before I knew it, the time was approaching 11:10 or so. I rang the front desk and explained my delima. The receptionist told me she would call me back. That phone call never came! Instead, I had security banging on the door. Naturally, for myself anyway, I was still in my birthday suit because I had not completed my shower. I was ordered, not asked, to go down to the front desk because there was no one registered in my room. I thought this to be peculiar but didn't think much of it. I did put some clothes on and complied with my orders that had been barked to me. Ever mindful of the time, I see that we are approaching 1130 or so. I was told that I was not registered and that the water was shU
t off. i ha
I have nothing but the best for the Cotten exchange. I was worried at first but the service was great especially the doorman John. The place was clean, right there by Bourbon plus service was great. Price can't be beat. I will be staying there again
1 night business trip May 23, 2014
"Under construction"
The whole building is under construction so it was kind of annoying. In the morning some of their drills would wake us up & they took away all the vending machines out second day. It seems like a nice hotel so when the contruction is over it'd get a better rating
3 night trip May 19, 2014
"Good location, terrible under construction"
The location was great with parking garages and two blocks from bourbon but the hotel was under construction. We waited over an hour to check in because the server went down and the last day we didn't have water.
Other trip May 22, 2014
"still under renovation"
bathroom is small..the door is big and opens on the inside...making it incovenient
Other trip May 18, 2014
MAK
"nice location"
nice staff
1 night business trip May 11, 2014
Le Roy
From the terrible ratings and complaints, I was expecting a lot less from the hotel. The staff was actually really warm and welcoming. You can tell they are trying to make the best of the renovations to please you. The breakfast was lame, but seriously, nothing about this hotel would be terrible had it not been for the renovations. The room was nice, housekeeping was friendly, and all other staff went out of their way to keep you happy. One of the front desk people, a young lady with bold bangs, she was always so extremely nice and enthusiastic about answering any questions or helping out in any way she can. The stay wasn't bad at all, and as soon as the renovations end, I'm sure the hotel will pick back up.
2 night trip May 11, 2014
The perfect location! Soon to undergo renovations. Can't wait to see what they do to the place.
1 night trip with friends May 10, 2014
"Pass on this hotel until remodel is competed"
Parking will cost you $16-$28 a day. Then you have to walk 1/2 block with your luggage or tip a bag person to wheel your stuff from the parking garage (4th floor or higher because they share it. Also the garage is so tight and old I had to go real slow with a mid size car. It needs to be tore down and rebuilt. Now on to the hotel. great location to Bourbon Street. Room was small but clean and high ceilings, All 3 upper floors are torn up with construction, Pool is not available for use (remodel). No easy way to pull up to the front an unload. blocked sidewall with you guessed it construction. I would not stay here during this redo phase, breakfast has next to nothing, apples, cereal and doughnuts and coffee. Workers share 1 of the 2 elevators, A worker claims 6 more months. Hope this helps
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Skip
"No hot water. No water at all at times."
Under renovation. No lobby. No water at times . Also no hot water ever. Very dissapointed.
Other trip May 11, 2014
tc
"Great Location for the French Quarter"
Very good pricing for the proximity you are to the French Quarter. Lots of construction going on because the Hotel just got purchased by a bigger hotel chain. Still, nice and friendly staff! Enjoyed my stay.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Bryce
"Close and convient and very affordable"
Personal was very pleasent ! Jayde was the most helpful warm concierge !! And was extremely friendly and kind !
Other trip May 10, 2014
gen
"Super close to the French Quarter"
This was a great bachelor party weekend. The hotel was perfectly located within stumbling distance from Bourbon Street. The parking deck was a tight squeeze for my pickup but we managed.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"under massive renovations"
It will be a beautiful hotel when the renovations are complete. We were very disappointed that we were never told about all the construction going on. We had no access to any hotel amenities because everything is being gutted and redone. Our room was very clean, the staff were very pleasant, and the location is excellent.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2014
"The best hotel around for the price."
Stayed two days before changing hotels to stay with friends. Walking distance to everything. Good morning breakfast.
Other trip May 4, 2014
Jazzy
"`Passable for the price"
This place was recently purchased by the Marriott chain and is undergoing renovations right now. Which is a good thing. The price is great, the location is great, but the place is tired and in need of a facelift top to bottom. My room was clean and comfortable. But there was a distinct musty smell from the air conditioning made worse by the windows being sealed shut. Carpeting in the room was ok, but in halls and common spaces is in desperate need to replacement. One of the two elevators was out of service for my entire visit, and the pool and fitness center were both closed - perhaps these are the areas being upgraded right now. Self service breakfast was good, always including eggs or biscuits and gravy and a meat serving as well the usual continental options. One particular annoyance was my key being de-activated twice during my stay, requiring visits to the front desk. Had the staff at least apologized it might have made it a little less annoying but the only response I got was "that happens". I would stay here again, but I would make sure their renovations had been completed first.
6 night trip Apr 23, 2014
David DeGarmo
"loved it!"
Historical hotel, great arcitechure. Wonderful location. Loved the rooms and hotel staff was excellent. Nextdoor room had a couple that was screaming at each other at 4am which was extremely annoying. But that wasn't the fault of the hotel. Overall, we enjoyed it!
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Close to Bourbon St."
This hotel is only meant for the procrastinators, overcharged for bare minimums, if wrestlemania were to land in new orleans again, i will be clear on which hotel i would be staying for now on, classic or not the 700+ dollars i spent on the place should of worth more than just bourbon st and the french quarter.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
"Hidden Gem in the French Quarter"
Convenient location to French Quarter. Very friendly staff. Will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Rose
"Probably was nice back in the day"
I'm sure this was a nice hotel at one point but has now gone downhill. Just appeared unclean and old. Not bad if you get a decent price and don't care to have total comfort.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Perfect Location for French Quarter Activities!"
It was perfect for walking to Bourbon Street and throughout the French Quarter. We were there for events at the Smoothie King Centre and Superdome, and it was an easy and quick walk to those locations. Breakfast was awesome, with fresh fruit, waffles, and other hot breakfast items. The front desk staff were great with questions or concerns. We had to call down to ask for fresh towels some days as they weren't always replaced and one day our bed wasn't made. Whenever we called down with a request, it was always answered promptly and politely. The room is older but the bed was comfy and we had a lot of TV channels. The room was spacious and it never felt crowded as some hotel rooms do. I would stay here again!
7 night trip Apr 2, 2014
Merissa
"Great location for the price."
Everything about this place was good. Has a terrific location. It is just a walk away from bourbon street. Virtually in the middle of everything in downtown.
2 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2014
"business district convenience"
first room assigned smelled strongly of cigarette smoke -- altho smoking banned. Was moved to better room
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Dirty and old"
For $200 a night one would at least expect a clean room! It smelled like mold and there was dust everywhere. No remote control in the room and the buttons were removed from the TV. Front desk was not helpful at all when I checked in on a Friday night at 11pm. Where to eat? Oh, there's nothing open now! Really!! At least it was only a 2 + block walk to Bourbon Street. Don't stay here unless there is NOTHING else!
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Mindy
"Good location near the French Quarter"
This hotel was a disappointment. For the price there are much better hotels in the area. I stayed at the hotel for three night and never received any maid service. One day the maid just handed me a couple of clean towels. The shower curtain had black mold all over it and the duvet cover was stained (looked like some spilled a hurricane on the bed). Neither of these issues were resolved even after telling the front desk about the mold. The room I was giving was an "inside" room - in other words there were no windows. I've stayed in a room like this before but I'm guessing vampires might like it. Finally, the plumbing is in need of lots or repair. I had very little hot water, the tub did not drain very well and water noise in the walls from other people flushing was the loudest I've ever heard in a hotel.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Don
"Shower curtain?"
We were supposed to have a king room, and got a queen bed. No big deal. There was no shower curtain. The front desk was notified at 10:30 am. Finally at 6 pm after another call to the front desk a maintenance man brought up a shower curtain. I thought the shower curtains were standard with the room... Maybe only the king rooms.
2 night business trip Mar 28, 2014
"Nice Hotel. 2 blocks from Bourbon St."
Nice Hotel with friendly staff. Continental Breakfast was ok. It was Continental.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
C
"Staff was nice, but overall not a great stay."
The staff was really nice and overall the hotel was sufficient. The location was awesome and the free breakfast in the morning was nice. But there were a few things that bugged me. The things that bugged me were they control how low you can turn the air conditioner down. It said it was on 66 but it felt more like 76. We were hot the entire time we were there. Small things were the pillows were very uncomfortable and the room had a musty smell.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2014
"Close to the Action!"
This hotel is centrally located to get to Bourbon Street in a very short walk and The French Market with a slightly further walk. Parking is a little bit of a nightmare so unless you are on a really tight budget go ahead and pay the $28.00 to valet park. Check in was fairly easy. If you are planning to be out of the room most of the time then this hotel is just fine. If your plans are to hang out in the room a little then be warned that the rooms are small and there is not a great view. Plus the TV is an old tube style TV that does not have a great picture.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Roxann
"Bad Experience"
No fridge, no microwave in room. No advertised room service. My pillow felt like someone stuffed a bunch of old dried up sponges into the pillowcase. The room had a bad odor. The toilet sounded like an aircraft engine when flushed. The view was of the parking garage. There was no room to park at the valet parking in front so I had to find a parking garage around the corner. I only made it 2 blocks before a homeless person hit me up. The hotel location was close to Bourbon street however.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
The only thing good about this hotel are the doormen. Very nice and they deserve a better place to work!! The room had stains on the carpet. They are stingy with towels and pillows. Won't be back!!
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
"Great location!!"
The staff at The Cotton Exchange are the best! They are all friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay and would go back anytime! The rooms need a bit of updating but are fine for the amount of time that you're in them.
3 night trip Mar 20, 2014
Scott and Cheryl
"Close to Bourbon, so I guess it's worth it....."
Hotel is within walking distance of Bourbon street and many different restaurants in the area. This is the best thing about the hotel......the front desk clerk was not very welcoming when we got there, the room and the bathroom was very small, and the it felt like there was no ventilation in our room....almost a mildew smell the whole time we were there. We did spend most of our time out at the bars and restaurants so it wasn't like we were speding a lot of time in there......then again, the room was $200 a night. If you're just looking for a place close by the action and to crash at the end of a bingeing night, then this might workout for you!
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"close to sights"
Great hotel but could not sleep because of noise from people next door talking from 1;00 to 4: in am. Next time do not put them in adjoining rooms to ours.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Kathleen Anderson
"Very convenient location"
The hotel is great for getting around the city with easy and safe walking to the warehouse district, French Quarter, and the waterfront. It is undergoing a renovation, and with the great bones of the building, will be the perfect place to stay.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
JB
"may be haunted"
My stay here was great. The bell hop was amazing. He recommended the best spot I ate at my whole trip. He was also willing to try and get my friend and I on some tours. I said it may be haunted because I started screaming in my sleep, but I also went on a ghost tour before going to bed. Location is convenient. There is construction going on on one side of the building, but it didn't bother me, I couldn't hear anything. I would definitely recommend this if you want to be close to French Quarter without having to burn a hole in your pocket.
1 night trip Mar 10, 2014
Julietta V
"Decent Hotel"
We requested a room with a double bed. Unfortunately, there were stains on the carpet , the chair, and on the bed skirt. Also,The floor was uneven in places, so we requested a different room. The replacement room had a king sized bed, a comfortable chair , and a desk w/ a chair and a larger bathroom. This room was much better, except there was no comforter or bedspread on the bed in either room, which I found rather odd? We asked and received blankets. The staff was friendly and the hotel was walking distance to Bourbon Street.
3 night trip Mar 13, 2014