All hotels in Rice Lake, Wisconsin, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2771 Decker Dr, Rice Lake, WI, 54868, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice clean hotel"
I have stayed at this Microtel a few times when traveling to Rice Lake for business. My rooms have always been clean. Staff has been friendly and helpful. They have a complimentary breakfast but it is somewhat limited. They have yogurt, some fruit (apples and bananas), a few types of cereal, a couple varieties of pastries, and make your own waffles.
2 night business trip May 11, 2015
"Not worth the price!"
The room was large and the breakfast was fine. We were really disappointed by a few things, though. Our room apparently wasn't cleaned very thoroughly. There were large pieces of doritos on the floor and the toiletries had something gooey on them (so gross!). The bed and pillows were as hard as boards. The person behind the desk when we arrived said all of two words to us and seemed very unhappy to have to bother with checking us in. Every staff person that we ran into seemed very grouchy and inconvenienced by our presence there. For the price we paid, this hotel was horrible! I would expect this sort of experience from a $45 motel in a seedy part of town.
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Impressive!"
Great place to stay, front desk staff was friendly and nice. Breakfast was good. We will come back.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2015
"A little pricey but new rooms."
New rooms. Nice new bedding. Room could have used a bedside lamp. The overhead lighting was too harsh. Towels were stiff and scratchy. Thought it was a little pricey.
1 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2015
"Rice Lake Visit"
nice clean hotel, however there was no coffee pot in the room, no kleenix tissue and no TV guide - these are amenities that you find in most hotels in this price range. The continental breakfast was lacking in choices - they had the usual waffles, bananas and cereal.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
dave
"Business stay"
Business Overnight stay. Very clean and quiet.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
Tracy
"Quick overnight stay"
A little disappointing. No refrigerator or coffeepot in the room. Very crowded, felt cramped. Most of the staff was very friendly. From out of town and visiting family that had driven to meet us at the hotel. Lobby was nice but was not allowed to change the channel on the tv so children were a little bored with Dr Phil etc that was on the tv. We were told the channel was preset by the owners and could not be changed?? Didn't make much sense! Breakfast was good. Room temp hard to control. Flat pillows and no extras in the closet, however we did not call down to get extras-our fault.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Patti
"Closed to highway"
East on and off access. Hotel smelled and appeared very clean. breakfast food plentiful and fresh. Hotel staff not to knowable about local area. We were there for a wedding and they could not help with directions. sofa bed very uncomfortable
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Comfort"
We easily checked in at front desk, took elevator to third floor and stepped into our spacious room. How nice! Everything was so clean and fresh smelling. I especially loved the crisp sheets and cushioned bed. We had a great night of sleep.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Jeanie
"great place to stay"
Clean room, friendly staff
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
cngt
Very nice for the price, no thrills, but everything you need for a good night's rest.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Friendly service"
The hotel staff is always friendly and accommodating. The hotel is really quiet. The beds are pretty comfortable and they give you a great amount of pillows. The rooms are overall really clean. It's my preferred place to stay when I travel to Rice Lake!
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
"Very Nice"
We had a 2 queen beds in our room, very comfortable. The room was very clean and the staff very helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.
1 night business trip May 4, 2014
"good location"
It was very nice and clean. The personal very friendly.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"The best experience ever"
The service and the staff working at the hotel give you a five star experience. I was floored by the hospitality offered by Microtel. Will definitely recommend them to anyone visiting Rice Lake.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Thank you so much for your review. Taking care of our guests is our pleasure here at the Microtel. We look forward to seeing you again!
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Sumit
"Definitely better!"
Since Wyndham purchased this chain, many upgrades from my last stay several years ago. Lobby area redesigned, rooms refreshed, bed and linens very nice (comfortable bed!), adequate complimentary breakfast. Very good value for the money - quiet, comfortable accommodations. Would recommend to others.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Thank you for your review. We are in the process of an ongoing update to our entire hotel. We would love to see you again!
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
Gail
"Very nice place to stay."
I had a one night stay in Rice Lake for business and decided to check out the Microtel Inn. Staff was friendly. Hotel was clean and quiet. Wi-fi worked well. The fitness center is a little lacking. It consists of an elliptical machine and a treadmill which was out of order. Overall it was a great place to stay.
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2014
"Great value & friendly"
The hotel was very conveniently located. Staff was very helpful,allowed us to have a late check out at noon to accommodate us. The only thing I would say that I didn't care for was there was used coffee grounds in the coffee maker. That was kind of gross other than that great!
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"Staff unpleasant and dismissive"
Standard room is very tiny. Upgraded my room and it was more reasonable size but it cost of the room was to high for what it delivered, its only redeeming feature was it was not the previous standard room which was unbearable. Staff unpleasant and dismissive. Clearly Customer Service is of no value to the management as they could not have been less accommodating and more indifferent to the handful of guests in their hotel.
2 night trip Feb 18, 2014
"close to curling club"
Parking lot snow removal was very poor. Snow banks near entry way were far too high..
2 night trip Jan 10, 2014
My husband and I enjoyed this hotel! It's pet friendly. Only thing...vet was in Turtle Lake, WI so it was somewhat of a drive which was the only draw back. Also...not a lot of delivery choices. Wish there were microwaves available.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2014
T_Esperanza
"happy"
Staff was polite and helpful. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We will stay here again.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
"Repeat customer"
I don't know why it won't let me change the stars ... I was going to give it 5 stars. Cheapest room was a bit small, but what do you want from a motel called MICROTEL!!! Second time I paid the extra 10 bucks and got a bigger room. It turned out that in that room, the TV was not next to the bed, so we asked for another room and got a slightly better one with a TV next to the bed. I like the fitness center and the free WiFi. I also liked the free breakfast. My wife is as of this writing staying there for a 3rd time.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Thank you for your review! We always like to see our regular customers coming back. It means we are giving you what you paid for. We look forward to seeing you again Frank!
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
I need a receipt How do I get one???
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Thank you for staying with us. Your receipt should have been sent to you via email. If not, please contact expedia to obtain it.
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
I'm only giving it 3 stars because we were on the 2nd floor and we were able to hear the guests above us walking all around and it was anoying when we were trying to get to sleep. However, it didn't last all night or anything which we were gratefull for. The rooms are small but very clean, the staff was very nice I would stay here again but would request the top floor.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Our room was a good size but it smelled very musty as did the mattresses and carpeting. The walls were pretty thin and we could here people talking in the next room. There is a strong air freshener smell as you come through the first doors to the hotel like they were trying to cover-up an odor of some sort.
4 night trip Oct 24, 2013
"Nice and clean"
Room was very clean a the hotel is newer. The room is a little small but very functional.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2013
"Great weekend retreat in Rice Lake, WI."
I travel for work and needed a place to stay for the weekend. The Microtel was a great option! I had a comfortable room with WiFi to continue work and a home like feel to relax. The hotel was very clean and inviting. There is even a gas station just across the parking lot so having access to a snack was no problem!
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"comfortable hotel"
Hotel was comfortable, convenient to where we were going. Not much space, there were 3 of us in the room and it felt crowded. It was a quiet location, clean and had a continental breakfast.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"Decent hotel"
No real amenities to speak of. Good clean motel, centrally located and easy to find. Please add a coffee machine to the breakfast area. Instant coffee is no way to start a day.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you could not locate the coffee is available from our coffee machine located in the lobby 24hrs. There is also coffee available in your room anytime. We look forward to seeing you again!
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2013
Ken
"hotel stay"
Room was neat, tidy, but during my stay the elevator was out , and i was on the 3rd floor, a pain to carry stuff upstairs. It was fixed within a day, so overall a good stay.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Good but small"
Overall it is O.K. but the room space is really tiny. There is no light inside the shower area. The bathroom tissues are really low quality.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
The hotel was nice. The service was ok. The air unit did not work in my room...it was very humid and hot! The guy next to me had his tv on ALL night and could hear it because of paper thin walls.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2013
"Beautiful place, beautiful setting."
I enjoyed my stay there, including well prepared food, friendly staff, neat and clean rooms. Would recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Rolf
wouldn't stay there again
1 night trip May 29, 2013
I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have never been disappointed. Everything about this hotel is 5 star. The rooms are clean and nice, the staff is super friendly and the breakfast in the morning is great. I will always stay here when I come back.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
Sheri
"Friendly, clean environment"
Great place to stay, the only hotel I will stay at when in Rice Lake.
Other trip Apr 19, 2013
"Very Good"
Taking into consideration that the room’s size is minimal, it is superbly used to create comfort and wellbeing. The continental breakfast is very complete and satisfying
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
Guillermo
Breakfast was very poor. Staff not friendly.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2013
Clean, comfortable and affordable hotel, just off the freeway. Convenient to several good restaurants. Quick and easy check in/check out. Decent deal for the money.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2013
"Business TRip"
Have stayed here twice and plan to return next time I am in the area.
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
Have stayed here before and always have good experience. If I'm being nit-picky, though... The first shower I took, the faucet was making a loud, squeaky noise which would go away if I turned much hotter or much colder, but temp was not comfortable for me, so I just took quick shower. I'm not a complainer, so I didn't say anything. Next shower the noise was gone. Secondly, breakfast goes until 9:30; I went down at 9:25 not expecting much of anything, but did think I would get a bagel or something. Everything was already put away, but did get cup of apple juice. I will def stay here again. In fact, probably in a week. Can't beat the price.
2 night trip Feb 23, 2013
RLnative
"Comfortable, clean good value"
In town for work, I enjoyed my stay very much. staff members when I checked in and checked out were efficient and very friendly. The breakfast was average, but I often eat bagels n cream cheese/peanut butter on the run so I was satisfied. I had a 1 bedroom suite-the bed was a double not a queen, but comfy and clean. I had a frig n microwave which was perfect, a small desk to work at, and a couch n coffeetable where I could spread out more if needed. My room n bathroom were very clean n comfortable - a great 'home away from home'. If I have the chance I will stay here again!
2 night business trip Feb 17, 2013
Adele
"Ok for the Money"
Room are very small. There was only one long floresent light above your head to read by in bed so either one person in bed suffers while the other reads or it's lights out for all at once. One staff member was helpful that I met, the others could have cared less about their jobs it seemed. We asked for a late 2pm checkout and when we returned to gather our things we were locked out. So we had to go to the front desk and explain it to someone who looked like he thought that was amusing to him. After all was said and done though, the place was clean, the bed was comfortable and it was cheap.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2013
"inexpesive"
Good inexpensive franchise for those that just need a good bed. A new t.v. would be nice.
2 night business trip Jan 21, 2013
erik
"Very happy with the hotel"
Very good.
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2013
We thought the hotel was great. The room was small but I guess that's what micro means.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2013
"Convenient but not comfortable"
Bed was extremely uncomfortable with not enough pillows or blankets. Couldn't get the temp right, always too hot or too cold.
2 night trip Nov 23, 2012
"Good for northern wis."
Very nice hotel, but only concern is the softness of the bed. We seems to slide to the middle of the bed.
Other trip Nov 12, 2012
jim
"Great place for a couple or someone on business"
Perfect place for someone to get a good nights rest. Simple room with the basics a bed, small table and chair tv and a closet. I would stay here again if I was in the rice lake area.
Other trip Oct 24, 2012