All hotels in Rice Lake, Wisconsin, United States of America

Great amenities
    Quite clean
    Comfortable
    Room is all right
Our room was a good size but it smelled very musty as did the mattresses and carpeting. The walls were pretty thin and we could here people talking in the next room. There is a strong air freshener smell as you come through the first doors to the hotel like they were trying to cover-up an odor of some sort.
4 night trip Oct 24, 2013
"Nice and clean"
Room was very clean a the hotel is newer. The room is a little small but very functional.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2013
"Great weekend retreat in Rice Lake, WI."
I travel for work and needed a place to stay for the weekend. The Microtel was a great option! I had a comfortable room with WiFi to continue work and a home like feel to relax. The hotel was very clean and inviting. There is even a gas station just across the parking lot so having access to a snack was no problem!
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"comfortable hotel"
Hotel was comfortable, convenient to where we were going. Not much space, there were 3 of us in the room and it felt crowded. It was a quiet location, clean and had a continental breakfast.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"Decent hotel"
No real amenities to speak of. Good clean motel, centrally located and easy to find. Please add a coffee machine to the breakfast area. Instant coffee is no way to start a day.
Response by Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you could not locate the coffee is available from our coffee machine located in the lobby 24hrs. There is also coffee available in your room anytime. We look forward to seeing you again!
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2013
Ken
"hotel stay"
Room was neat, tidy, but during my stay the elevator was out , and i was on the 3rd floor, a pain to carry stuff upstairs. It was fixed within a day, so overall a good stay.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Good but small"
Overall it is O.K. but the room space is really tiny. There is no light inside the shower area. The bathroom tissues are really low quality.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
The hotel was nice. The service was ok. The air unit did not work in my room...it was very humid and hot! The guy next to me had his tv on ALL night and could hear it because of paper thin walls.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2013
"Beautiful place, beautiful setting."
I enjoyed my stay there, including well prepared food, friendly staff, neat and clean rooms. Would recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Rolf
wouldn't stay there again
1 night trip May 29, 2013
I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have never been disappointed. Everything about this hotel is 5 star. The rooms are clean and nice, the staff is super friendly and the breakfast in the morning is great. I will always stay here when I come back.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
Sheri
"Friendly, clean environment"
Great place to stay, the only hotel I will stay at when in Rice Lake.
Other trip Apr 19, 2013
"Very Good"
Taking into consideration that the room’s size is minimal, it is superbly used to create comfort and wellbeing. The continental breakfast is very complete and satisfying
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
Guillermo
Breakfast was very poor. Staff not friendly.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2013
Clean, comfortable and affordable hotel, just off the freeway. Convenient to several good restaurants. Quick and easy check in/check out. Decent deal for the money.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2013
"Business TRip"
Have stayed here twice and plan to return next time I am in the area.
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
Have stayed here before and always have good experience. If I'm being nit-picky, though... The first shower I took, the faucet was making a loud, squeaky noise which would go away if I turned much hotter or much colder, but temp was not comfortable for me, so I just took quick shower. I'm not a complainer, so I didn't say anything. Next shower the noise was gone. Secondly, breakfast goes until 9:30; I went down at 9:25 not expecting much of anything, but did think I would get a bagel or something. Everything was already put away, but did get cup of apple juice. I will def stay here again. In fact, probably in a week. Can't beat the price.
2 night trip Feb 23, 2013
RLnative
"Comfortable, clean good value"
In town for work, I enjoyed my stay very much. staff members when I checked in and checked out were efficient and very friendly. The breakfast was average, but I often eat bagels n cream cheese/peanut butter on the run so I was satisfied. I had a 1 bedroom suite-the bed was a double not a queen, but comfy and clean. I had a frig n microwave which was perfect, a small desk to work at, and a couch n coffeetable where I could spread out more if needed. My room n bathroom were very clean n comfortable - a great 'home away from home'. If I have the chance I will stay here again!
2 night business trip Feb 17, 2013
Adele
"Ok for the Money"
Room are very small. There was only one long floresent light above your head to read by in bed so either one person in bed suffers while the other reads or it's lights out for all at once. One staff member was helpful that I met, the others could have cared less about their jobs it seemed. We asked for a late 2pm checkout and when we returned to gather our things we were locked out. So we had to go to the front desk and explain it to someone who looked like he thought that was amusing to him. After all was said and done though, the place was clean, the bed was comfortable and it was cheap.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2013

"Convenient comfort!"
We needed an overnite stay and this hotel was a good choice. Very handy to highway and close too shopping area and restaurants. We would come back.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
clean rooms, comfortable beds although small rooms
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Overnight stay while travelling"
We only stayed one night while passing through Rice Lake, WI. We had a pleasant stay. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Restaurants were within walking distance. Room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was free, but very basic. Overall was good.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
1 night trip Oct 3, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake

"Microtel"
02/11/16 Littlegramma Park Falls, Wisconsin
The beds were comfortable, room was clean and quiet. Breakfast...ho- hum. Since I booked on hotels-rates I was unable to get a printed receipt at the desk on chec- out. Will not book through them again.
"Ok "
02/08/16 Cassandra N Arcadia, Wisconsin, United States
We got a queen bed for one night. It's clean and a very inexpensive place to stay. The TV was small and there weren't any lamps in the room, but for the money it was a decent place to sleep. Complimentary papers and breakfast, I enjoyed our stay here.
"Comfortable bed, but noisy and the room was very small..."
01/15/16 jimsA7748FR Denver, Colorado
Comfortable bed, but noisy and the room was very small. The complementary breakfast has only a very limited selection.
"Hot spot?"
01/12/16 Q9365ZUdavidh Rochester, Minnesota
The room was what you'd expect from a less expensive hotel, clean and basic. The only surprise was the heater, it was extra special, as in hot! Turned it down to 58 and still needed to open the window. Which worked just fine as it was 11 below that night.
"Rice Lake Microtel"
01/10/16 B358WSrobertk Appleton, Wisconsin
Of all the motels I have stayed at this motel ranks at the best I have stayed at. The rooms are great, well maintained, staff is friendly.
"Christmas Stay"
12/29/15 paulkI4186LB Marion, Iowa
The breakfast left a great deal to be desired. Protein beyond peanut butter needs to be added. We ate out at a local eatery.
"Northern Wisconsin Christmas"
12/28/15 825glennm Elgin, Illinois
We've stayed at this Rice Lake, WI Microtel before because it is a reasonable value for what they offer. Clean rooms and enough space for two people in our single queen room. Bed is better than many hotels we stay at. Called direct for a reservation and front desk was friendly and helpful on the phone and in person. Only three pillows so request extras on arrival if needed. Bathroom sink drain was slow but difficult for maintenance to spot on a quick visit. Front desk was notified. Don't expect much for a breakfast. Only a couple of tables to sit at. Waffle maker, cold cereal, muffins and fruit. Juice dispenser was broken during our visit so only coffee and hot water. Hotel property is relatively new and well kept up. There is competition in town but Microtel is fairly priced. We've been at the other hotels but prefer this one.
"NO FRILLS BUT CLEAN AND COMFY!"
12/18/15 Barbara J Buffalo, MN
We've stayed here numerous times. Like the fact they have an elevator and even free long distance calls to anywhere in the continental US. Nice clean rooms and quiet too. Not an expansive breakfast but adequate. Good location to stores. While in Rice Lake don't forget to visit the Veterans Park down by the lake. It's a wonderful tribute to our military with statues depicting all branches of the service. Rates are reasonable especially compared to the AmericInn in town. No pool but nice accommodations.
"Not up to its 3-star standard"
12/16/15 judithp533 Madison, Georgia
For the amount of money spent, the quality of this Microtel did not cut it for me. No coffee maker, no fridge nor microwave. The TV volume was controlled (could barely hear some channels).. Person at front desk said I had to wait until morning to talk to the manager. Shower water pressure was bad. The only good thing was a comfortable bed. The very next night spent at another Wyndham hotel and got all the above for $20.00 less.
"Anniversary trip"
11/17/15 Linda R Appleton
Nice motel. Only thing missing was a pool. Very comfortable bed. Every pillow was different so you could pick your favorite. Easy to find from the highway.